PDA

View Full Version : Thomas, Texans leave Broncos behind: 'We like to win over here'

Pages : [1] 2

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 09:26 AM
An hour later, as he prepared to leave the visitors' locker room, Thomas gave a very blunt assessment of his former team's approach to the final stages of Sunday's game.
"That's what they do over there," Thomas told NFL.com. "I ain't a part of that no more. We like to win over here."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000984814/article/thomas-texans-leave-broncos-behind-we-like-to-win-over-here

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 09:27 AM
:rofl:

aberdien
11-05-2018, 09:30 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/17237206ba0508625aa3e4070ebfe140/tenor.gif?itemid=8269968

OrangeHoof
11-05-2018, 09:59 AM
"We like to hang onto our passes over here...
Stop laughing."

BeefStew25
11-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Cmon DT. You almost blew the game for them on your false start. Just shut up.

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Cmon DT. You almost blew the game for them on your false start. Just shut up.

I kinda put that more on O'Brien than DT. After those first 3 plays they probably practiced/scripted for him he pretty much disappeared. He probably shouldn't have been out there in crunch time. Especially after they had to use the timeout the play before when he didn't know where to line up.

BeefStew25
11-05-2018, 10:41 AM
I kinda put that more on O'Brien than DT. After those first 3 plays they probably practiced/scripted for him he pretty much disappeared. He probably shouldn't have been out there in crunch time. Especially after they had to use the timeout the play before when he didn't know where to line up.

Well yeah but why does DT even need to talk shit.

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 10:45 AM

It does seem out of character for him but you can't say he was inaccurate in his assessment.

Hawgdriver
11-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Yeah. He let his chip get away from him. It happens. Doesn't help with his reputation as a classy guy though.

BeefStew25
11-05-2018, 10:47 AM
It does seem out of character for him but you can't say he was inaccurate in his assessment.

He’s new guy at the front of the pic. Sit down newb

Northman
11-05-2018, 10:51 AM
I dont care that he is talking shit but the other reality is that is a kick that McManus can make and has made before. If he gets it in what is DT going to say then? Lol

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 11:23 AM
I dont care that he is talking shit but the other reality is that is a kick that McManus can make and has made before. If he gets it in what is DT going to say then? Lol

He knew first hand that we would **** it up. It’s the VJ curse.

tomjonesrocks
11-05-2018, 12:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000984814/article/thomas-texans-leave-broncos-behind-we-like-to-win-over-here

Quite the blast DT got off there. He might regret that one when he's done playing...

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2018, 01:05 PM
BUT Sanders

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Days after being traded to the Texans, Demaryius Thomas made his return to Broncos Stadium at Mile High for the first time as an opponent. It was an emotional day, and these photos capture the bond Thomas shares with the team that was his home for nearly nine years and the bonds he built with the teammates and staff members he got to know in that time.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/photos/shots-of-the-game-an-emotional-reunion-with-demaryius-thomas#cc732af1-942c-408c-ba15-3f35c29a0fb5

Don't kid yourself - getting traded hit DT very hard.

Nomad
11-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Would DT have gotten traded if Joseph wasn’t HC? I know it’s hindsight & opinion, but this is definitely a shot at Vance Joseph.

GEM
11-05-2018, 01:45 PM
You like to drop passes, that's what you like to do, softie. Gloves off? You may want to be sure your ass is clean and wasn't part of the problem before tossing grenades.

GEM
11-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Oh, and dumbass, the Texans have never won shit. ****, do some research, butterfingers.

DTM. (Dead To Me)

GEM
11-05-2018, 01:47 PM

Accurate? What have the Texans ever won? A few season games? ****, they haven't even been to an AFC Championship game. GTFOH with that load of horse shit.

GEM
11-05-2018, 01:50 PM
https://www.denverbroncos.com/photos/shots-of-the-game-an-emotional-reunion-with-demaryius-thomas#cc732af1-942c-408c-ba15-3f35c29a0fb5

Don't kid yourself - getting traded hit DT very hard.

So hard, he was talking shit the following Monday. :rolleyes: He can go EAD.

dogfish
11-05-2018, 02:22 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

c'mon, GEM. . . stop sugarcoating it and tell us how you really feel!

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Accurate? What have the Texans ever won? A few season games? ****, they haven't even been to an AFC Championship game. GTFOH with that load of horse shit.

I meant more in his assessment of the broncos.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:42 PM
I meant more in his assessment of the broncos.

**** his assessment, while not looking at what his own problems caused in our issues.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:43 PM
The team shit on him, the fans shit on him, and the team is coached by someone who is just a very stupid human being. He had less than a week to process it. This is much ado about nothing.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:43 PM
It's like picking on your sibling. You're allowed to do it, but no one else is allowed to do it. :laugh:

Especially since his drops cost us a lot of the first downs that would have helped in our offensive struggles.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:45 PM
The team shit on him, the fans shit on him, and the team is coached by someone who is just a very stupid human being. He had less than a week to process it. This is much ado about nothing.

Poooooor lil DT. The team shit on him after he shit all over catching ******* balls. He wasn't worth $20 million to drop ******* passes. Catch the ******* ball and nobody would be shitting on him. **** him. He could have taken the high ground, but he didn't so **** him.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:46 PM
You like to drop passes, that's what you like to do, softie. Gloves off? You may want to be sure your ass is clean and wasn't part of the problem before tossing grenades.

He was at most the tenth biggest problem on the team. HC, OC, DC, LT, RT, two cornerback spots, ILBx 10. QB, of course. The fans always shit on him. Elway shit on him. Now when it's our turn to have a little taste of it we're righteously indignant?

Nah. We ain't doing that.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:47 PM
Poooooor lil DT. The team shit on him after he shit all over catching ******* balls. He wasn't worth $20 million to drop ******* passes. Catch the ******* ball and nobody would be shitting on him. **** him. He could have taken the high ground, but he didn't so **** him.

The amount of drops he was credited with vs. the insane amount the fans THOUGHT he dropped was capricious.

We saddled him with shitty QB's for years and he still carried the offense. We can't give the guy an emotional pass? FFS, the reactions in this thread already show us how some of us would act in his position.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 02:48 PM
Would DT have gotten traded if Joseph wasn’t HC? I know it’s hindsight & opinion, but this is definitely a shot at Vance Joseph.

I concur.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:50 PM
I mean, if we have VJ as a coach we aren't about winning. Oh, so he's wrong for telling the truth? No one was mad at O'Brien because he shit on VJ. But DT is supposed to be Jesus?

Y'all are monsters.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:53 PM
The amount of drops he was credited with vs. the insane amount the fans THOUGHT he dropped was capricious.

We saddled him with shitty QB's for years and he still carried the offense. We can't give the guy an emotional pass? FFS, the reactions in this thread already show us how some of us would act in his position.

He leads the league. Who cares how many! He's better at dropping balls than any other receiver. Yay for him. Good on him staying humble.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
I mean, if we have VJ as a coach we aren't about winning. Oh, so he's wrong for telling the truth? No one was mad at O'Brien because he shit on VJ. But DT is supposed to be Jesus?

Y'all are monsters.

The Broncos nation quip, then this. As they put up a banner and had an in stadium thanks to DT. Who's the humble one, cause it certainly wasn't him.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:56 PM
He leads the league. Who cares how many! He's better at dropping balls than any other receiver. Yay for him. Good on him staying humble.

Yes, he had one more than guys like A.J. Green. Those drops each year are why we sucked? You're mad just to be mad.

We're basically mad that he didn't take it like a little bottom bitch. He took a shot at an organization that traded him, a good player, as well as other good players, while keeping arguably the worst coach in the game. And that's under the purview of the guy who traded him. Elway admitted he told DT he'd always be a Bronco. BUt yeah, the traded player is supposed to be Jesus.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:56 PM
He would have been traded or cut since he had a $20 million price tag. The team took what they could get for him and he went to a franchise where he has a chance at winning the AFC South. And what does he do? Shits on us. So again, **** him.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:57 PM
The Broncos nation quip, then this. As they put up a banner and had an in stadium thanks to DT. Who's the humble one, cause it certainly wasn't him.

We're taking issue with the phrase "Broncos Nation," now? His teammates were sad to see him go. THe fans who weren't blinded by irrational hatred were sad to see him go. but again, he's not Jesus, so **** him.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Yes, he had one more than guys like A.J. Green. Those drops each year are why we sucked? You're mad just to be mad.

We're basically mad that he didn't take it like a little bottom bitch. He took a shot at an organization that traded him, a good player, as well as other good players, while keeping arguably the worst coach in the game. And that's under the purview of the guy who traded him. Elway admitted he told DT he'd always be a Bronco. BUt yeah, the traded player is supposed to be Jesus.

So it would be cool if Elway lopped back at him about his dropped passes. :lol: It's called being a professional, they didn't treat him unprofessionally. He acted it though.

GEM
11-05-2018, 02:58 PM
We're taking issue with the phrase "Broncos Nation," now? His teammates were sad to see him go. THe fans who weren't blinded by irrational hatred were sad to see him go. but again, he's not Jesus, so **** him.

It's Broncos Country. Nation is some Raiders shit. And to act like he didn't know that, you're ******* naive.

I was sad to see him go, but I understand it's part of the game. All bets were off when he starts talking shit.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:59 PM
He would have been traded or cut since he had a $20 million price tag. The team took what they could get for him and he went to a franchise where he has a chance at winning the AFC South. And what does he do? Shits on us. So again, **** him.

We shit on him. HE wanted to be a Bronco, and when he got called out in the past he always took it well. The team traded one of its best players for a pick that it very well could **** up. Elway told him he'd always be a Bronco. We booted him. But yeah, he has to be perfect. And we're not about winning when the team is going around and signing guys like Keenum, keeping VJ, etc.

What lie did he tell?

None.

What sin did he do other than tell the truth?

The truth isn't a sin.

But he's Demaryius Thomas and not Jesus Thomas. So **** him.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:01 PM
It's Broncos Country. Nation is some Raiders shit. And to act like he didn't know that, you're ******* naive.

I was sad to see him go, but I understand it's part of the game. All bets were off when he starts talking shit.

Oh yes, I'm very naive. I'm basically a ******* gullible baby back bullshit bitch. I wake up in the morning, confuse my toothbrush for a ******* rock, shatter my teeth, and then when the dentist who sleeps next to the dumpster doesn't fix my teeth I just know it will get better the next day. Because I'm naive.

The team was talking shit when it booted him.

It's part of the game when we shit on him. But he best not shit on us. Especially if he tells the TRUTH! TRUTH BAD!

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:03 PM
So it would be cool if Elway lopped back at him about his dropped passes. :lol: It's called being a professional, they didn't treat him unprofessionally. He acted it though.

Elway: Nice dropped passes, *****!

DT: Nice luck since PFM retired.

Elway: ...

DT's not deserving of any benefit of the doubt. Took years of abuse, never bitched. Has one line after we ship him out because apparently he's not good at football anymore and now he's satan.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:04 PM
We shit on him. HE wanted to be a Bronco, and when he got called out in the past he always took it well. The team traded one of its best players for a pick that it very well could **** up. Elway told him he'd always be a Bronco. We booted him. But yeah, he has to be perfect. And we're not about winning when the team is going around and signing guys like Keenum, keeping VJ, etc.

What lie did he tell?

None.

What sin did he do other than tell the truth?

The truth isn't a sin.

But he's Demaryius Thomas and not Jesus Thomas. So **** him.

They traded away his contract. He wasn't worth $20 million. He earned it because of the amount of time he played, so instead of insulting him by asking him to take a paycut, they found a trade partner. How is that shitting on him? It's called BUSINESS.

My issue with the "truth" isn't on the Broncos side, it's on the side of saying all they do is win, they don't win, never have, never will.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Elway: Nice dropped passes, *****!

DT: Nice luck since PFM retired.

Elway: ...

DT's not deserving of any benefit of the doubt. Took years of abuse, never bitched. Has one line after we ship him out because apparently he's not good at football anymore and now he's satan.

Elway: Manning made your career. How've you done since he left..

It goes both ways.

Valar Morghulis
I am LOVING the work GEM is doing in here.

Truth bombs being smashed all over the place. Alles uber der platz.

Poet

You're both wrong. I hope you die of cancer.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Oh yes, I'm very naive. I'm basically a ******* gullible baby back bullshit bitch. I wake up in the morning, confuse my toothbrush for a ******* rock, shatter my teeth, and then when the dentist who sleeps next to the dumpster doesn't fix my teeth I just know it will get better the next day. Because I'm naive.

The team was talking shit when it booted him.

It's part of the game when we shit on him. But he best not shit on us. Especially if he tells the TRUTH! TRUTH BAD!

Show me quotes where they were talking shit about DT. Show me.

Valar Morghulis
Elway: Manning made your career.

I love it so much.

Poet
Elway: Manning made your career. How've you done since he left..

It goes both ways.

DT: If only there was a WR who won a playoff game with a horrible QB. If only.

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2018, 03:07 PM
You're both wrong. I hope you die of cancer.

This post pleases me.

Any particular type?

Some kind of traumatic fast moving shit that destroys me - or some slow ass shit i fight feebly for years?

Dapper Dan
Gem is mad.

Poet
Show me quotes where they were talking shit about DT. Show me.

What part of "the team was talking shit when it booted him," do you not understand? The part where the act of trading him was talking shit, or the part where not every word is used literally?

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:08 PM
This post pleases me.

Any particular type?

Some kind of traumatic fast moving shit that destroys me - or some slow ass shit i fight feebly for years?

Whichever one would bother your family more.

GEM

Who was Dilfer's WR's?

Poet
Gem is mad.

She's pissing me off and she's happy about it. She's a ******* monster.

GEM
What part of "the team was talking shit when it booted him," do you not understand? The part where the act of trading him was talking shit, or the part where not every word is used literally?

Show me quotes where anyone in the organization was talking shit about DT.

The BUSINESS ORGANIZATION traded away a $20 million contract and got a draft pick and didn't take dead money cap hit= talking shit? Omg...this is hilarious!!!

What is DT, a kindergartner? It's a ******* business, not a game.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Who was Dilfer's WR's?

Sorry, we only remember that defense. The WR's were irrelevant.

But DT beat the ******* Steelers with random-shot-Jesus at QB. So it wasn't just PFM that made the man play well.

Valar Morghulis
Whichever one would bother your family more.

Haha - good work.

Still not as good as GEM who is owning you in here to the point you actually made the statement trading DT was some kind of metaphorical shit talk. You will look back on that soon and go "ouch, that was some ill thought out shit right there"

Poet
Show me quotes where anyone in the organization was talking shit about DT.

GEM, surely you can understand the fact that the organization shit on the guy by trading him. That's sort of the point.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Haha - good work.

Still not as good as GEM who is owning you in here to the point you actually made the statement trading DT was some kind of metaphorical shit talk. You will look back on that soon and go "ouch, that was some ill thought out shit right there"

If by that you mean the fact that trading a player is literally saying he has no use to you anymore, then sure.

Or, you know, we could point to the times that the moron at HC shit on DT, and said moron is still employed here, and DT Is not.

Heaven forbid our memories take us back more than a week.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Sorry, we only remember that defense. The WR's were irrelevant.

But DT beat the ******* Steelers with random-shot-Jesus at QB. So it wasn't just PFM that made the man play well.

Who were the WR's? You said no WR has won a SB with a shit qb.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 03:12 PM
GEM, surely you can understand the fact that the organization shit on the guy by trading him. That's sort of the point.

Show me in quotes where they traded him!

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Y’all breath.

Valar Morghulis
If by that you mean the fact that trading a player is literally saying he has no use to you anymore, then sure.

Or, you know, we could point to the times that the moron at HC shit on DT, and said moron is still employed here, and DT Is not.

Right now, you are firing from the hip, and it is erratic nonsense. Take a breath, compose a thoughtful reply without hyperbole or weird anecdotal generalizations, or abstract analysis's of what it means to be traded.

You can do this, You are better that what you have showed in here. I have faith.

GEM

He had no use to us at $20 million. His play was deteriorating while his contract was increasing. FFS. It's a business and he was part of a business move. That's not shitting on a player, it's protecting it's assets. Analyzing the cost vs. the return.

aberdien
He was never fully appreciated. Just read these boards over the last few years. I get his bitterness.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:14 PM

The point of this was in response to your assertion that PFM made DT. DT won a playoff on his back with a shitty QB, Tebow. That was the point. You missed it. I could be partially at fault for being idiosyncratic, but considering the fact that the new standard is any criticism, context be damned, is a sin, I shall not indulge in self-criticism.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:15 PM
He had no use to us at $20 million. His play was deteriorating while his contract was increasing. FFS. It's a business and he was part of a business move. That's not shitting on a player, it's protecting it's assets. Analyzing the cost vs. the return.

VJ has no use to us as anything other than a ******* speedbump in the parking lot and he's still here.

"Hey, you're not worth this so we are trading you after a business analysis," is definitely a compliment.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Right now, you are firing from the hip, and it is erratic nonsense. Take a breath, compose a thoughtful reply without hyperbole or weird anecdotal generalizations, or abstract analysis's of what it means to be traded.

You can do this, You are better that what you have showed in here. I have faith.

Shingles. Now I want you to die of shingles.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Sigh....we aren't changing our stance. It is what it is.

**** him.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Is butthole cancer a thing?

Valar Morghulis

Shingles, sounds like a tube of processed garbage you eat whilst naked on your bed sweating and getting crumbs into your crevices

GEM
He was never fully appreciated. Just read these boards over the last few years. I get his bitterness.

What caused that???

I mean people didn't shit on Rod Smith and guess what Rod Smith didn't do. He didn't lead the league in drops.

Cause and effect.

Valar Morghulis
Is butthole cancer a thing?

Send me a pic, i will put your mind at rest

Dapper Dan

**** him.

No! **** me.

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2018, 03:18 PM
What caused that???

I mean people didn't shit on Rod Smith and guess what Rod Smith didn't do. He didn't lead the league in drops.

Cause and effect.

Booyakasha!

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:18 PM
No! **** me.

This made me giggle. The girl across from me looked at me like wtf is your problem! :lol:

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:19 PM
What caused that???

Cause and effect.

Yes, always compare the star talent in shitty situations to the marginal talent who was always in great situations. I'm sure we would have had much worse teams if we swapped guys, and Rod Smith would have been the same player if he had TS, CK, Brock, and even busted up Manning. Give me a ******* break. It didn't matter how well DT played. Posters and fans were always on his ass. I read the board back in those days, too.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:21 PM

**** him.

Please, take your aggression out on me, sexually. I'll roleplay as DT by putting on his jersey and drop my balls out. :rolleyes:

Dapper Dan
This made me giggle. The girl across from me looked at me like wtf is your problem! :lol:

Im here to please.

GEM
So you're saying that Elway made Rod Smith. :laugh: The talent around him made him.

I mean didn't we just go over this?

Tangerine
11-05-2018, 03:22 PM
If the team was 5-3 and not 3-5 at the deadline, there's absolutely no way DT gets traded. Elway continues to employ a coach who flat out doesn't have any clue how to win games in the NFL, and then added in a career backup QB who can't even hit a wide open receiver.

Yes, DT's play hasn't been great, but I can understand being upset, he wanted to stay on this team, and would still be here if they had even a mediocre coach and QB.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:23 PM
So you're saying that Elway made Rod Smith. :laugh: The talent around him made him.

I mean didn't we just go over this?

If by go over this you mean that you missed the point that PFM didn't make DT when DT was performing well with shit like Tebow, then yes.

Yes we did.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:25 PM
He would have been cut at the end of this season. His contract was too high. Doesn't matter who his coach and qb are/were.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:27 PM
He would have been cut at the end of this season. His contract was too high. Doesn't matter who his coach and qb are/were.

Could have restructured a deal.

Sure, they technically could, but after you trade someone and shit on them like that it's pretty telling how they feel about him.

I have no idea how it is that you can piss me off so much. I will forgive you tomorrow. It's better than you deserve, but I'm magnanimous.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:28 PM
If by go over this you mean that you missed the point that PFM didn't make DT when DT was performing well with shit like Tebow, then yes.

Yes we did.

He led the league in drops then too. Which has always been the problem with him and the thing fans call him on. It's progressively gotten worse.

My lunch breaks over and it's been fun, time to go back and reconcile some bank accounts. :nerd:

Valar Morghulis
I have no idea how it is that you can piss me off so much. I will forgive you tomorrow. It's better than you deserve, but I'm massive and sweaty.

wtf man?!

HORSEPOWER 56

Qadry Ismail, Travis Taylor, Jermaine Lewis, and our very own Brandon Stokely.

They also had Big Play Shay at TE and I think he was their leading receiver that year.

I think everyone is overreacting about what DT said and what he meant. I think he was trying to end the hubbub about him and the trade and all the over-inflated media bullshit by essentially saying when asked, “ I don’t know what they were doing but we’re all about winning over here”. Which to me, as an old white guy who doesn’t do much Ebonics urban slang, took to mean, “I cant comment on what they were thinking but we are happy to get the win over here.” That’s how I took it.

Everyone is blowing this shit out of peoportion and I don’t think DT meant it as a slam at all. VJ haters want it to be a slam on VJ about losing games. DT haters want to use it as ammo vs him as some kind of ingrate. Media folks just wanna get clicks and followers for their stupid social media. DT isn’t exactly the most eloquent interviewee and I think what he said and what he meant were two different things. I don’t think he was lashing out at all. If he was even a little bitter, he wouldn’t have left the field instead of celebrating and gloating over a Broncos loss. Think about it and don’t be sheep.

GEM
Could have restructured a deal.

Sure, they technically could, but after you trade someone and shit on them like that it's pretty telling how they feel about him.

I have no idea how it is that you can piss me off so much. I will forgive you tomorrow. It's better than you deserve, but I'm magnanimous.

Better than I deserve, shove that up your pompous ass. :eviltongue:

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:29 PM
I am piece of shit and I troll King87 because he will play along, even if he's irritated.

Swag.

Poet
Better than I deserve, shove that up your pompous ass. :eviltongue:

It's a large ass and my arms aren't that long. Now that I know you don't care if I dislocate my shoulder I see where we stand.

Valar Morghulis
Swag.

bwahahahahaha

GEM
Qadry Ismail, Travis Taylor, Jermaine Lewis, and our very own Brandon Stokely.

They also had Big Play Shay at TE and I think he was their leading receiver that year.

I think everyone is overreacting about what DT said and what he meant. I think he was trying to end the hubbub about him and the trade and all the overcinflated media bullshit by essentially saying when asked, “ I don’t know what they were doing but we’re all about winning over here”. Which to me, as an old white guy who doesn’t do much Ebonics urban slang, took to mean, “I don’t know what they were thinking but we are happy to get the win over here.” That’s how I took it.

Everyone is blowing this shit out of peoportion and I don’t think DT meant it as a slam at all. VJ haters want it to be a slam on VJ about losing games. DT haters want to use it as ammo vs him as some kind of ingrate. Media folks just wanna get clicks and followers for their stupid social media. DT isn’t exactly the most eloquent interviewee and I think what he said and what he meant were two different things. I don’t think he was lashing out at all. If he was even a little bitter, he wouldn’t have left the field instead of celebrating and gloating over a Broncos loss. Think about it and don’t be sheep.

My only issue with it is saying all they do is win over there, when they don't win shit. He spoke truth about the Broncos, but we don't need to hear that coming from the guy who was a part of the issue.

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2018, 03:30 PM
My only issue with it is saying all they do is win over there, when they don't win shit. He spoke truth about the Broncos, but we don't need to hear that coming from the guy who was a part of the issue.

I wish your lunch break would never end, this has been glorious

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:31 PM
I wish your lunch break would never end, this has been glorious

Happy to entertain, sir! :lol:

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:32 PM

He was the tiniest fraction of an issue.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Please, take your aggression out on me, sexually. I'll roleplay as DT by putting on his jersey and drop my balls out. :rolleyes:

****. You don’t even have a DT jersey. I do.

Valar Morghulis
11-05-2018, 03:33 PM
I have the tiniest fraction of a penis.

Jeezus - over share much?

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:34 PM
He was the tiniest fraction of an issue.

Mmmmhmmm, you say tomato, I say tomoto. There's a dirty laundry list of issues, he's still on it.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-05-2018, 03:34 PM

That’s not what he said. He said, ”We like to win over here”. Think about it. I think he meant that they appreciated the Broncos mismanaging the clock and missing the winning field goal. That’s how I took it.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-05-2018, 03:35 PM
****. You don’t even have a DT jersey. I do.

I do too.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:35 PM
If I had a DT jersey, it would be burned right along with Cutler, Royal and Decker. No longer a Bronco, no longer a need for a jersey.

By the way, jerseys light up pretty ******* good.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Mmmmhmmm, you say tomato, I say tomoto. There's a dirty laundry list of issues, he's still on it.

Note that you would be spelling and pronouncing the word incorrectly, so that does fit with this scenario.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:37 PM
That’s not what he said. He said, ”We like to win over here”. Think about it. I think he meant that they appreciated the Broncos mismanaging the clock and missing the winning field goal. That’s how I took it.

"That's what they do over there," Thomas told Mike Silver of NFL.com. "I ain't a part of that no more. We like to win over here."

My issue with it is they don't win over there....they've never even made it to an AFC Championship.

GEM
11-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Note that you would be spelling and pronouncing the word incorrectly, so that does fit with this scenario.

Note that you are a ******** and I'm done dealing with your ******* shit today.

Also note that I ******* love you still.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
"That's what they do over there," Thomas told Mike Silver of NFL.com. "I ain't a part of that no more. We like to win over here."

My issue with it is they don't win over there....they've never even made it to an AFC Championship.

They, being us, don't win right now. By keeping VJ along, we are showing we don't like to win, either. Keeping losers like Keenum and VJ is what we do over here. He's not a part of that anymore because we traded him. The Texans do like to win over there, as they are winning, they don't keep a bad HC, around, and they don't keep bad QB's around, either.

DT wasn't speaking to the history of the franchises.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Note that you are a ******** and I'm done dealing with your ******* shit today.

Also note that I ******* love you still.

I am a *******. I'm being a *******.

But you're no better than I am right now.

I'll always love you, even if you break my heart with your DT hate.

Also I want Val to die

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Demaryius Thomas: I loved my time in Denver
Former Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas talks about his emotional return to Denver after being traded to the Texans earlier in the week.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/demaryius-thomas-i-loved-my-time-in-denver

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Demaryius Thomas: I loved my time in Denver
Former Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas talks about his emotional return to Denver after being traded to the Texans earlier in the week.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/demaryius-thomas-i-loved-my-time-in-denver

He loved us. Elway shit on him. The fans shit on him. He still loved us.

He is Jesus.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2018, 03:43 PM
He picked up. That was when Dad knew that Demaryius Thomas wasn’t right, that the world as they knew it was about to shake the way a toddler shakes a snow globe. Bobby Thomas had called early Tuesday morning expecting it to go voicemail because his son was working out, same as every other early Tuesday morning.

Instead, the kid picked up. Still in bed, still pondering the future.

“He was just nervous,” the elder Thomas recalled Sunday at Broncos Stadium at Mile High, where DT’s new team, the Houston Texas, edged DT’s old team, 19-17. “He really didn’t know what was going to happen.

rest - long, but good - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/04/broncos-demaryius-thomas-houston-texans-nfl-debut/

HORSEPOWER 56
11-05-2018, 03:44 PM

Read it again. But do it in DTs voice with his big, dumb, aww shucks, country black GA accent and tell me again that you think he meant it as a parting shot at VJ or the Broncos.

Let me translate: “I’m no longer a Bronco and what they do is on them (that’s what they do over there I ain’t part of that no more). “We like to win so we’ll take it” (We like to win over here).

Don’t let yourself be fooled by this. DT ain’t that guy. Never talked shit about anyone, ever. He didn’t start yesterday. This is a misunderstood quote from a dude who isn’t well spoken.

Poet
11-05-2018, 03:45 PM
**** you Val!

Jsteve01
11-05-2018, 03:59 PM

We saddled him with shitty QB's for years and he still carried the offense. We can't give the guy an emotional pass? FFS, the reactions in this thread already show us how some of us would act in his position. preach Kinger. Nothing left to say. Guy played through injuries every freaking year. Always played his heart out and all we have to say is he dropped some balls [which by the way we've already shown is typical of players with a lot of targets] him being resentful that the front office dealt him with no offer to restructure is justified

Jsteve01
11-05-2018, 04:07 PM

What caused that???

Cause and effect.

False false and more false . His drop rate was much higher than Dt's. He lead the league in drops twice during his career and his 15 (which by the way is more than thimas ever dropped) wasnt even his worst total

OrangeHoof
11-05-2018, 04:08 PM

Shingles, sounds like a tube of processed garbage you eat whilst naked on your bed sweating and getting crumbs into your crevices

Shingles rhymes with Pringles which *is* a tube of processed garbage - actually more like salted cardboard sliced so every last one is the same size and shape as the other - which is what I associate with shingles.

Jsteve01
11-05-2018, 04:11 PM

What caused that???

Cause and effect.

Tim Brown, Marvin Harrison, Ocho, Wes Welker, Terrell Owens also lead the league in drops which btw Thomas has never done

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2018, 04:56 PM

An hour later, as he prepared to leave the visitors' locker room, Thomas gave a very blunt assessment of his former team's approach to the final stages of Sunday's game.

"That's what they do over there," Thomas told NFL.com. "I ain't a part of that no more. We like to win over here."

While Thomas may have harbored some emotional baggage in taking a dig at his former team, he certainly wasn't the only Texans player who questioned -- and applauded -- the Broncos' end-of-game strategy.

"Yeah, I was surprised, absolutely," Houston safety Tyrann Mathieu said. "Because I remember the game we played against Tom Brady (a 27-20 Texans road defeat to the New England Patriots in the season opener), there was sort of a similar situation where he was playing for the field goal, and he threw the deep out (to get them closer).

"We were hoping that Keenum didn't start thinking like Tom Brady."

Said outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney: "They had (at least) 25 seconds on the clock, and they thought, We've got it, and let the clock run down. I was like, 'Let it run!' They thought he was gonna make it for sure."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000984814/article/demaryius-thomas-rips-former-team-we-like-to-win-over-here

Poet
11-05-2018, 04:59 PM
preach Kinger. Nothing left to say. Guy played through injuries every freaking year. Always played his heart out and all we have to say is he dropped some balls [which by the way we've already shown is typical of players with a lot of targets] him being resentful that the front office dealt him with no offer to restructure is justified

He did it for us.

And we hated him for it.

That's my WR, dammit.

wayninja
11-05-2018, 05:17 PM
Pretty classless and out of character for DT. That said, VJ is a ******* joke, so hard to dispute what he said.

Poet
11-05-2018, 05:17 PM
Pretty classless and out of character for DT. That said, VJ is a ******* joke, so hard to dispute what he said.

He was more genuine than shitty bitch ass J.J. Watt. You have no character! You're out of line!

wayninja
11-05-2018, 05:22 PM
He was more genuine than shitty bitch ass J.J. Watt. You have no character! You're out of line!

They can both eat a sugar-coated bag of dicks!!!!

Poet
11-05-2018, 05:24 PM
They can both eat a sugar-coated bag of dicks!!!!

Because it's both of them, I'll mark you down as having grown as a person.

Northman
11-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Oh, and dumbass, the Texans have never won shit. ****, do some research, butterfingers.

DTM. (Dead To Me)

OH SHIT. Game on! :lol:

Northman
11-05-2018, 05:26 PM

Doesnt matter, he is no longer a Bronco and the enemy now.

#StandwithGEM

Northman
11-05-2018, 05:29 PM

You just let out a can of decimation in this thread. She is seeing red. :lol:

Poet
11-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Doesnt matter, he is no longer a Bronco and the enemy now.

#StandwithGEM

You support enemy players! You should understand!

Northman
11-05-2018, 05:35 PM
If I had a DT jersey, it would be burned right along with Cutler, Royal and Decker. No longer a Bronco, no longer a need for a jersey.

By the way, jerseys light up pretty ******* good.

Bwhahahahahahahahaha oh **** me. Holy shit. GEM aint playing around.

Northman
11-05-2018, 05:36 PM
He loved us. Elway shit on him. The fans shit on him. He still loved us.

He is Jesus.

Actually this is huge BS dude. Elway didnt shit on him. Thats an incredible hot take.

Northman
11-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Read it again. But do it in DTs voice with his big, dumb, aww shucks, country black GA accent and tell me again that you think he meant it as a parting shot at VJ or the Broncos.

Let me translate: “I’m no longer a Bronco and what they do is on them (that’s what they do over there I ain’t part of that no more). “We like to win so we’ll take it” (We like to win over here).

Don’t let yourself be fooled by this. DT ain’t that guy. Never talked shit about anyone, ever. He didn’t start yesterday. This is a misunderstood quote from a dude who isn’t well spoken.

Meh, thats quite an assumption on your part.

Poet
11-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Actually this is huge BS dude. Elway didnt shit on him. Thats an incredible hot take.

No, it's not. Elway admitted that he always told DT he'd be a Bronco. He traded him from a team that he played his heart out for. It's amazing how people don't see that as shitting on someone. Probably only because we're the ones doing it. And all he said was the truth - Elway is keeping VJ around, he's kept bad QB's around for a long time. Right now, we're clearly not about winning. FFS, we just traded away one of our best players. Of course we're not about winning. I think that's what the anger's really about - we're mad because it's true.

Northman
11-05-2018, 06:00 PM
No, it's not. Elway admitted that he always told DT he'd be a Bronco. He traded him from a team that he played his heart out for. It's amazing how people don't see that as shitting on someone. Probably only because we're the ones doing it. And all he said was the truth - Elway is keeping VJ around, he's kept bad QB's around for a long time. Right now, we're clearly not about winning. FFS, we just traded away one of our best players. Of course we're not about winning. I think that's what the anger's really about - we're mad because it's true.

Im also guessing that Elway thought DT might work with him to have a reasonable contract. I dont blame DT for keeping the money but i dont blame Elway for making a business decision that is best for the team. As mentioned before maybe DT finds his way back to Denver like Atwater and Shannon did. DT was always going to be expendable because of his contract and Von. I dont know why people are surprised by this fact.

Poet
11-05-2018, 06:02 PM
Is there any indication that Elway tried to rework the deal?

Northman
11-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Is there any indication that Elway tried to rework the deal?

I would be willing to be he did it would only be common sense for a guy who has put as much time into Denver as a player. Elway has experience in those matters and understands to improve a team it makes sense to try and get your best players reworked into contracts that are team friendly. BUT, not all players want to do that and that is fair as well. I have zero doubt that John approached DT about his contract but understood that DT wanted to keep his money. Both individuals wanted what they wanted and stuck to their guns. Of course, if we didnt have Von and his contract it would have been a moot point as DT would have been what is basically the franchise player but alas, that belongs to Von.

Poet
11-05-2018, 06:11 PM
We are operating under a different assumption, and it appears to have a large impact on our view.

Nomad
11-05-2018, 06:12 PM
I like DT, but I didn’t realize he was a saint. LoL.

Poet
11-05-2018, 06:14 PM
I like DT, but I didn’t realize he was a saint. LoL.

He is Jesus.

VonDoom
11-05-2018, 06:33 PM
Seems like more of a shot at VJ than anything else. DT was loved here in the locker room, and with good reason.

Ryan Edwards @redwardsradio
15m15 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT on @OrangeBlue760 clarified his comments to Mike Silver...said he wasn’t trying to take shots but added “if you want to be better you have to listen to your players.” Said the #Broncos have too much talent to be losing so many games

Ryan Edwards @redwardsradio
13m13 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT via @OrangeBlue760 on not being named captain this year he said “It effected me a lot” and it was “heartbreaking”. He went on to say that he wanted to be there for his teammates either way and wanted to make sure he was a role model for the younger players. #Broncos

Nomad
11-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Anyone could see it was directed to VJ. DT may speak for the lockeroom.

Northman
11-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Im with Gem, **** DT. He trash.

Poet
11-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Im with Gem, **** DT. He trash.

This hurts me.

Northman
11-05-2018, 07:04 PM
No wonder his ass was dealt. Enjoy your time with the ring less Texans Dropsie McDroperson.

Northman
11-05-2018, 07:04 PM
This hurts me.

Dont feel hurt brother, we cut some dead weight.

Poet
11-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Dont feel hurt brother, we cut some dead weight.

We still have losers at QB, HC, etc.

We cut one of our riders.

We have no mercy for our guys.

We've become monsters.

But the sun shall rise.

Northman
11-05-2018, 07:10 PM
We still have losers at QB, HC, etc.

Only a matter of time.

Poet
11-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Only a matter of time.

Father Time is undefeated.

VonDoom
11-05-2018, 07:28 PM
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1059601610567864320?s=21

Northman
11-05-2018, 07:29 PM
He probably was.

Poet
11-05-2018, 07:30 PM
That reads like the guy is hurt and in pain. That's what being here meant to him.

DT is the man and I ******* love him.

wayninja
11-05-2018, 07:31 PM
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1059601610567864320?s=21

Would be easier to digest if it wasn't "the broncos". Like, who and how would be nice.

Poet
He probably was.

For the...Horde?

Northman
He is ******* garbage and im glad he is gone. Sounds like he was a major cancer.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 07:34 PM
He is ******* garbage and im glad he is gone. Sounds like he was a major cancer.

We got rid of him and we’re still dying.

Northman
11-05-2018, 07:37 PM
We got rid of him and we’re still dying.

As i said, cutting dead weight. Keenum and VJ should be next.

I Eat Staples
11-05-2018, 08:44 PM
DT was here through Tebowmania, our record setting 2013 season, our Superbowl win...he'll always be more of a Bronco than Vance Joseph is.

VonDoom
11-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Would be easier to digest if it wasn't "the broncos". Like, who and how would be nice.

He mentions the WR coach in another clip and says VJ told him he wasn’t being traded. Lots of interesting quotes on Nicki’s Twitter timeline

Freyaka
11-05-2018, 09:25 PM

DTM. (Dead To Me)

Maybe listen to the whole interview with Nicki before you go disowning him. He's got plenty of really good reasons to be pissed off at the team (and he's not pissed at the Broncos, he's pissed at our dumbass coaches with dang good reasons)

Freyaka
11-05-2018, 09:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrRz9mjU4AADzkG.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrR1CHEU8AAtAqR.jpg
He was also pissed because the team was asking him to give up snaps for the young guys. They guilted him and made him feel like he was holding the young guys back.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrR2Bu3UwAADOx9.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrR4A0-UwAAdoGA.jpg

Simple Jaded
11-05-2018, 09:30 PM
DT is flat out wrong, the Broncos want to win ... about 8 games a year.

Freyaka
11-05-2018, 09:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrR5ox2UcAAV1TO.jpg

Lets not just turn on DT as if he doesn't have a damn good reason to be pissed. This coaching staff crapped all over him. They didn't want him and they shoved him out the door. This was his team, he's been on this team his entire career, longer than any other player on this roster and he got unceremoniously dumped on his ass by this coaching staff like yesterdays trash.

He's right, we've got all the talent in the world, this team should be better than 3 wins....Sorry if that truth bomb is too much to handle, but DT's spot on right now and this coaching staff and front office have their heads so far up their own posterior.....

Simple Jaded
11-05-2018, 09:35 PM
I love DT more than ever.

Freyaka
11-05-2018, 09:37 PM
I love DT more than ever.

I'm more pissed off at Radio Joseph than ever... He's worse in my mind than McDummy now.

Northman
11-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Maybe listen to the whole interview with Nicki before you go disowning him. He's got plenty of really good reasons to be pissed off at the team (and he's not pissed at the Broncos, he's pissed at our dumbass coaches with dang good reasons)

Nah, **** him. There are plenty of things to be upset over the Broncos over but airing shit like that and dissing a team publicly when they were trying to show you respect on a day you face your old team is a total douche move. **** that dude.

Freyaka
11-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Nah, **** him. There are plenty of things to be upset over the Broncos over but airing shit like that and dissing a team publicly when they were trying to show you respect on a day you face your old team is a total douche move. **** that dude.

Again, read it... and quit knee jerking.And besides...the respect thing...that's a show for the fans. Look at the "respect" he got when he was here.... Screw this coaching staff and the horse they rode in on.

Poet
11-05-2018, 09:45 PM
VJ told him he wouldn't be traded, too.

We shit on him. He's hurting. He got asked a question that had an obvious answer. It was in the heat of the moment. It doesn't erase the good works.

Northman
11-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Again, read it... and quit knee jerking.

I did read it, he is still a douche for taking a shot at the team when they didnt rake him over the coals publicly. FVCK HIM

Northman
11-05-2018, 09:46 PM
VJ told him he wouldn't be traded, too.

We shit on him. He's hurting. He got asked a question that had an obvious answer. It was in the heat of the moment. It doesn't erase the good works.

Nope, he is a huge douche. Class my ass.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 09:46 PM
I did read it, he is still a douche for taking a shot at the team when they didnt rake him over the coals publicly. FVCK HIM

Is it okay that they ****** him privately?

Northman
11-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Is it okay that they ****** him privately?

You mean i should take the word of a guy with no class who dissed his former team like a bitch? Nah. But now i hope they come out and expose his ass for the cancer that he is.

Northman
11-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Actually, he already exposed himself so they really have nothing more to do at this point. Im glad that hack is gone.

BeefStew25
11-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Actually, he already exposed himself so they really have nothing more to do at this point. Im glad that hack is gone.

Solid troll man. I’m honestly impressed.

Northman
11-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Solid troll man. I’m honestly impressed.

You know me i aim to make you proud.

Bronco4ever
11-05-2018, 09:51 PM
I'm keeping my mini DT fathead up on the wall.

Poet
11-05-2018, 09:55 PM
You know me i aim to make you proud.

You missed the toilet and pissed all over the floor!

Northman
11-05-2018, 09:56 PM

Actually i pissed all over DT. Im about to take a dump on him next~

Nomad
11-05-2018, 09:56 PM

Zing! LoL.

Poet
11-05-2018, 09:59 PM

You shit the bed with your trolling.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kTOkbABj3RU/maxresdefault.jpg

Cugel
11-05-2018, 10:01 PM

Only on yourself. :coffee:

DT was the 2nd best receiver in Broncos history and Joe Ellis has stated that he will be placed in the ring of fame when he retires.

YOu are just one of those fools who attack DT endlessly. I've never been able to understand it. Just seems pointless hatred and salt.

The only reason they got rid of him was because they need the $10m he'll earn next year to pay other positions. It certainly wasn't because of his play which has been good all year.

Northman
11-05-2018, 10:06 PM
YOu are just one of those fools who attack DT endlessly. I've never been able to understand it. Just seems pointless hatred and salt.

Nope, Wrong dude. But you are a huge moron so im not surprised you missed that fact. Try harder.

The only reason they got rid of him was because they need the $10m he'll earn next year to pay other positions

EXACTLY

Ive never actually said anything different. Its YOU fools who keep saying he was "dissed" and "disrespected" by the Broncos without any evidence to the contrary. This was a business move, nothing more nothing less but the guy in question felt the need to stoop to a douche level and start trashing the team in public. So yea, FVCK HIM and the donkey he rode in on.

Might want to research better when calling someone out on something instead of making yourself look like a complete dipshit. Lol

Simple Jaded
11-05-2018, 10:08 PM
I’m beginning to think they should’ve kept DT.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 10:09 PM
I’m beginning to think they should’ve kept DT.

Nah. We’re trying to out-lose the Raiders.

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 10:16 PM
I don't hate DT. I'd throw a compliment his way but he'd probably drop it.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2018, 10:23 PM

I lol’ed.

Poet
11-05-2018, 10:29 PM

NOOoOOOOOooOoOOoOOOOooOOOOoOOOOoOooOOoOOooOOOOOoOO OoOooOOOOooOooOO!

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 10:41 PM
NOOoOOOOOooOoOOoOOOOooOOOOoOOOOoOooOOoOOooOOOOOoOO OoOooOOOOooOooOO!

Yash had better takes than DT has hands.

Poet
11-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Yash had better takes than DT has hands.

Ladies and Gentlmen...the Style Brothers are officially disbanded.

We were the greatest duo and stable this board had ever seen. But all things run its course.

Wave, you'll always have a place in my heart. But it's over now.

Dapper Dan
11-05-2018, 10:47 PM

We were the greatest duo and stable this board had ever seen. But all things run its course.

Yassss

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 10:47 PM

You don't mean that.

Poet
11-05-2018, 10:48 PM
You don't mean that.

Took off the shiny shoes; I stopped dancing.

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 10:50 PM
Took off the shiny shoes; I stopped dancing.

Baby come back!

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/E1VlfL496ZzeBizEIeIwUA--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAwO2lsPXBsYW5l/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/movie-news/4e83bad0-c1c9-11e3-b812-f709edc55f29_2048_SayAnything.jpg

Poet
11-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Can't do it. Too sad!

BroncoWave
11-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Can't do it. Too sad!

You can never quit me!

Simple Jaded
11-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Ambrosia, so good.

Poet
11-05-2018, 10:56 PM
You can never quit me!

It's over baby. We'll always have P and R and flying too close to the sun. But DT was my heart and my heart is broken.

Poet
11-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Sometimes as a consigliere you gotta sacrifice your feelings for the benefit of those around you.

Davii
11-06-2018, 12:03 AM

I disagree. The disbanding is good, but you guys were nowhere near the top we've seen here. Any two horsemen > "style" bros

Freyaka
11-06-2018, 12:22 AM

I think we should trade wave to the Texans.

Davii
11-06-2018, 12:48 AM
I think we should trade wave to the Texans.

Apparently we were offered a ham sandwich for King and someone turned it down. There will be staff changes coming in the near future.

WARHORSE
11-06-2018, 03:03 AM
Someones vajina is hurt.

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 03:28 AM

The fans here shit on him big time, he was well received at the stadium initially it seemed though. He is one of the classiest guys in the NFL. He took a shot for the first time in 8 years at a HC that is the reason he got traded in the first place. I guarantee playing in Denver on the opposite side the week you get traded in the stadium you gave everything in messed with him mentally in a big way. It took a emotional toll and if people cant understand that, then they are just being immature and filled with hate for no reason....

Northman
11-06-2018, 08:03 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/124/041/496.jpg

Traveler
11-06-2018, 08:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrR5ox2UcAAV1TO.jpg

Lets not just turn on DT as if he doesn't have a damn good reason to be pissed. This coaching staff crapped all over him. They didn't want him and they shoved him out the door. This was his team, he's been on this team his entire career, longer than any other player on this roster and he got unceremoniously dumped on his ass by this coaching staff like yesterdays trash.

He's right, we've got all the talent in the world, this team should be better than 3 wins....Sorry if that truth bomb is too much to handle, but DT's spot on right now and this coaching staff and front office have their heads so far up their own posterior.....

The lying to his face is what I think got to DT. He was told by several coaches not to believe the trade rumors, but was also informed by his agent that Denver was seeking a 5th round choice for him. They should have just told him they were seeking to trade him, but if we don't get the compensation we want, you'll remain a part of the team.

I have no issue with the trade. Sutton and Hamilton made him expendable and moving him helps with the salary cap. Should he have been the bigger man and not say the things he did? Probably. But I understand his frustration and don't hold it against him. Much of what he said is true.

IMO, the DT trade should be just the beginning. They really do need to reset from jump and rid themselves of older veterans and wildly overpriced contracts- sans Von and CJH.

The VJ nightmare should be over after the season, although they should do everything they can to keep the ST Coordinator and possibly Kollar. This should be the final season as Broncos for Wolfe, Leary, Marshall, Davis, Garcia, Veldheer, Keenum, Paradis, Peko Sr., Ray, Sanders, and Stewart.

Davii
11-06-2018, 08:27 AM
The lying to his face is what I think got to DT. He was told by several coaches not to believe the trade rumors, but was also informed by his agent that Denver was seeking a 5th round choice for him. They should have just told him they were seeking to trade him, but if we don't get the compensation we want, you'll remain a part of the team.

I have no issue with the trade. Sutton and Hamilton made him expendable and moving him helps with the salary cap. Should he have been the bigger man and not say the things he did? Probably. But I understand his frustration and don't hold it against him. Much of what he said is true.

IMO, the DT trade should be just the beginning. They really do need to reset from jump and rid themselves of older veterans and wildly overpriced contracts- sans Von and CJH.

The VJ nightmare should be over after the season, although they should do everything they can to keep the ST Coordinator and possibly Kollar. This should be the final season as Broncos for Wolfe, Leary, Marshall, Davis, Garcia, Veldheer, Keenum, Paradis, Peko Sr., Ray, Sanders, and Stewart.

Trading Von would be beyond foolish.

BroncoWave
11-06-2018, 08:29 AM

He said "sans" Von.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-06-2018, 08:33 AM
If you listened to/read the interview he did with Rod Smith he pretty much explains his comments he made to Silver and how it wasn’t a shot at the team but it was s shot at the coaches.

We’ve complained about the coaches for going on 2 years now. He’s not a Bronco anymore. Why should he hold his tongue about them? It’s not about the Broncos organization, fans, or his teammates, it’s about an inflexible, yet dumb coaching staff that doesn’t take input and wants the players to “shut up and follow the script” while leading a talented roster to failure by not coaching/planning to their strengths.

We’ve all seen it. We bitch about it every week. DT should shut his trap, though? It’s cool for the fans to talk about problems with the team, but not former players with first hand knowledge? Makes no sense.

Jsteve01
11-06-2018, 08:36 AM

The irony that you have been saying far worse about this staff, but have a problem with DT stating how the team mishandled this situation. Not lost on me. I think all your ire is based on the assumption that he was taking shots in the initial statement after the game. Again you're talking about a guy that has fought through injury, disrespect by the fan base and the media. All of which is based on a flawed notion that great receivers never put the ball on the ground. I've already made my point about drops and historically great receivers not only for this team but in the NFL.

Davii
11-06-2018, 08:38 AM
He said "sans" Von.

Yep. Now I see it. He's a smart man that one.

Nomad
11-06-2018, 08:39 AM
I can see why DT is a little frustrated.... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/06/demaryius-thomas-unloads-on-john-elway-coaching-staff/

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 08:42 AM

Exactly Ain't a person here that wouldn't be pissed how it went down and pissed at his lying ass coach or boss. Get a grip people

Davii
11-06-2018, 08:43 AM
I can see why DT is a little frustrated.... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/06/demaryius-thomas-unloads-on-john-elway-coaching-staff/

With VJ and the receivers coach, no doubt. His beg with Elway is hearsay though, he should've gone and talked to the man, he would've gotten the straight answer instead of being fed BS by the staff.

Would've pissed me off too

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 08:46 AM

I'm not gonna lie I laughed a bit...lol

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 08:53 AM

yes your right where there is smoke there is fire, which is why were still going on about our coach who's a liar.....

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 09:04 AM
I find it even more hilarious that DT was the scapegoat for the offense being poor and yet we failed to score more then 17 points even after moving him away....HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH epic FAIL!!!!!!!!!

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 09:09 AM
I don't care what people say here, after reading the stuff coming out today, he has every right to be pissed and say what he had to say, our organization is a mess right now, I'm glad he got out, he is a great NFL player, has been a pillar in the community, gave it his all his entire career here, and was a constant professional. I'm glad he called out Joseph. In fact some of you should be happier because the media is running with this stuff now, and that's just going to highlight how bad VJ and his coaching staff are even more and will also highlight if Elway has the guts to do something about it. This just speeds up VJ and his staffs exit more in my minds. To treat a player like DT this way is all the evidence you need. Keep it going DT crap all over VJ and the coaches, broncos forums does it daily, I'm all for it!

Northman
11-06-2018, 10:34 AM
I dont care what other people say either. Im right and you are all wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/vaD6Q0H.jpg

Davii
11-06-2018, 10:40 AM
I find it even more hilarious that DT was the scapegoat for the offense being poor and yet we failed to score more then 17 points even after moving him away....HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH epic FAIL!!!!!!!!!

Bear in mind the only source for that statement is DT himself. Not saying he's a liar, but have you heard the coach, or anyone on the team, say anything derogatory about DT? Did you notice an obvious shift away from him in gameplans?

I didn't. I think it's POSSIBLE he misunderstood or even possible that he inferred that from the WR coach wanting to get Hamilton more involved

Northman
11-06-2018, 10:41 AM
bear in mind the only source for that statement is dt himself. Not saying he's a liar, but have you heard the coach, or anyone on the team, say anything derogatory about dt? Did you notice an obvious shift away from him in gameplans?

I didn't. I think it's possible he misunderstood or even possible that he inferred that from the wr coach wanting to get hamilton more involved

impossible!

wayninja
11-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Not sure why he's so pissed. He got airlifted off of the titanic.

Davii
11-06-2018, 10:43 AM
impossible!

Un-possible?

Davii
11-06-2018, 10:43 AM

:pound:

Northman
11-06-2018, 10:44 AM

:lol:

That is actually a great point. I mean, he is at a place that likes winning right? What is there to be so hangry about? He is out of loserville so he should be a ray of sunshine now.

Davii
11-06-2018, 10:46 AM

That is actually a great point. I mean, he is at a place that likes winning right? What is there to be so hangry about? He is out of loserville so he should be a ray of sunshine now.

Vance must go down with the ship.

BroncoWave
11-06-2018, 10:50 AM

I think he's both happy to be out of that situation and pissed with how he was treated on the way out. It was just a weird situation all around that he had to play against us the first week. We probably never hear a word from him if that didn't line up that way.

NightTerror218
11-06-2018, 10:51 AM

Sounds like he pissed how Vance and Elway handled things for a guy who had put in so much time in Denver. I am guessing he is pissed at Vance for lying to his face about trade.

BroncoWave
11-06-2018, 10:54 AM
It's also possible that VJ was just clueless and had no idea if he were being shopped.

Northman
11-06-2018, 10:57 AM
Vance must go down with the ship.

Which is why he allowed women and children like DT to get off first!

Ooooooh.......

Hawgdriver
11-06-2018, 10:59 AM

Depends on the return. Would have to be multiple 1sts and other low picks. I'd be ok with it. But maybe that's because the Cowboys and Rams made it look smart.

Jsteve01
11-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Depends on the return. Would have to be multiple 1sts and other low picks. I'd be ok with it. But maybe that's because the Cowboys and Rams made it look smart.

Different scenarios completely. An aging herschel walker is not the same as trading a generational player in a good contract while still in his prime. Ask Raiders fans how the mack trade feels now

Hawgdriver
11-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Different scenarios completely. An aging herschel walker is not the same as trading a generational player in a good contract while still in his prime. Ask Raiders fans how the mack trade feels now

No one likes trading a star at the time of the trade, it's about the future return.

Trading Von is comparable to Walker. Walker was 27 at the time of the trade. Von is 29 now.

Different free agency era though, so it's not a great comparison.

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Bear in mind the only source for that statement is DT himself. Not saying he's a liar, but have you heard the coach, or anyone on the team, say anything derogatory about DT? Did you notice an obvious shift away from him in gameplans?

I didn't. I think it's POSSIBLE he misunderstood or even possible that he inferred that from the WR coach wanting to get Hamilton more involved

It’s all hear say even Denver’s side but I will take the word of a 8 year vet who was nothing but class over the crap coaches we have any day of the week. It’s not surprising Guys like Chris Harris are now saying this feels just like last year. I’m stoked DT is away from this crap staff, for me this was the final straw on this staff. I don’t really fault Elway because it is a business, and his job isn’t to cater to a single player but the coaching staff talking crap I absolutely believe that as similar rumors flew last year.....

NightTerror218
11-06-2018, 05:51 PM
It's also possible that VJ was just clueless and had no idea if he were being shopped.

The fact that DT was asked to Give up reps to Hamilton. He said as the lone WR asked to give up reps. I would say that was sign #1

Jsteve01
11-06-2018, 06:33 PM

No one likes trading a star at the time of the trade, it's about the future return.

Trading Von is comparable to Walker. Walker was 27 at the time of the trade. Von is 29 now.

Different free agency era though, so it's not a great comparison.

Herschel walker was a good running back. Von is a gnerational talent who gets mentioned with the likes of LT and Thomas. He by the way is the most complete edge backer Ive evef seen. He was hands down the best olb in the league vs the run until Mack showed up and is very good when he drops into coverage. Im nit picking but i dont ever trade that guy

Hawgdriver
11-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Herschel walker was a good running back. Von is a gnerational talent who gets mentioned with the likes of LT and Thomas. He by the way is the most complete edge backer Ive evef seen. He was hands down the best olb in the league vs the run until Mack showed up and is very good when he drops into coverage. Im nit picking but i dont ever trade that guy

That's cool. I'm fine with keeping him around, he's a badass! I don't want to trade him, but I'd listen to offers.

What if the return was 4 1st round picks?

Poet
11-06-2018, 09:10 PM
That's cool. I'm fine with keeping him around, he's a badass! I don't want to trade him, but I'd listen to offers.

If we turned down four firsts for him we would be very stupid.

Jsteve01
11-06-2018, 09:30 PM

If we turned down four firsts for him we would be very stupid.

Wait what? The thing that is always left out in these conversations is if you get two pretty good players and two good players that still never equals a generational future hall-of-famer. Ever. And again given our history with the draft trading for unknown quantities that could bust out in their first two years like say a Paxton Lynch when we know what we have with Von Miller as again a game-changing future hall-of-famer

Poet
11-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Wait what? The thing that is always lofted in these conversations is if you get two pretty good players and two good players that still never equals a generational future hall-of-famer. Ever. And again given our history with the draft trading for unknown quantities that could bust out in their first two years like say a Paxton Lynch when we know what we have with Von Miller as again a game-changing future hall-of-famer

He's about to be the wrong side of 30. We'd clear cap room. Get to start anew. Four first rounders. Four.

If I get four starters, two are pro bowlers and two are just good players, sure would take that.

Jsteve01
11-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Wait what? The thing that is always lofted in these conversations is if you get two pretty good players and two good players that still never equals a generational future hall-of-famer. Ever. And again given our history with the draft trading for unknown quantities that could bust out in their first two years like say a Paxton Lynch when we know what we have with Von Miller as again a game-changing future hall-of-famer

He's about to be the wrong side of 30. We'd clear cap room. Get to start anew. Four first rounders. Four.

If I get four starters, two are pro bowlers and two are just good players, sure would take that.

Okay let me put it this way. Let's take John Elway's last for first round picks. One fell into his lap with chub and the others are never going to be pro bowlers.

Poet
11-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Okay let me put it this way. Let's take John Elway's last for first round picks. One fell into his lap with chub and the others are never going to be pro bowlers.

Then you find a better GM. No sacred cows in this bitch, Steve. MOOooOOOoOOo

Jsteve01
11-06-2018, 10:02 PM

Then you find a better GM. No sacred cows in this bitch, Steve. MOOooOOOoOOo

Okay well let's go average in the NFL. How many teams hit on Pro Bowlers with two out of four pics? You and I both know the odds on that.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2018, 10:06 PM
This Deasean Hamilton better be one hell of a 4th round draft pick.

Davii
11-06-2018, 10:06 PM

4 first rounders? Lol. First off, that would take 4 years. Next, let's say Von is good enough that they make the playoffs each year and no pick is better than say 22. Now, given the rate at which picks pan out let's say 2 of those are starters and one is a pro-bowler.

Not worth trading your perennial all-pro future HOFer.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2018, 10:18 PM
I wouldn’t trust this regime to use those draft picks anyway.

Poet
11-06-2018, 10:28 PM
4 first rounders? Lol. First off, that would take 4 years. Next, let's say Von is good enough that they make the playoffs each year and no pick is better than say 22. Now, given the rate at which picks pan out let's say 2 of those are starters and one is a pro-bowler.

Not worth trading your perennial all-pro future HOFer.

Yeah, being set up for four years or having enough ammo to move up and nab a QB like the Eagles, Rams, and Texans did sounds awful.

Let's say the GM doesn't keep whiffing and hits on those picks. Let's say that Von isn't this mythical beast that somehow turns into more than one great player and doesn't magically will them to the playoffs (you know, what he's clearly been doing here) for four years, and that the NFL stays a league of parity.

Davii
11-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Yeah, being set up for four years or having enough ammo to move up and nab a QB like the Eagles, Rams, and Texans did sounds awful.

Let's say the GM doesn't keep whiffing and hits on those picks. Let's say that Von isn't this mythical beast that somehow turns into more than one great player and doesn't magically will them to the playoffs (you know, what he's clearly been doing here) for four years, and that the NFL stays a league of parity.

You don't trade HOFers. You build around them. Period.

Poet
11-06-2018, 10:37 PM
You don't trade HOFers. You build around them. Period.

I'd 'settle' for being set up for half a decade, especially when blue chip QB's are hard to come by, and you have to give up a ton to move up for one.

Davii
11-06-2018, 10:38 PM
I'd 'settle' for being set up for half a decade, especially when blue chip QB's are hard to come by, and you have to give up a ton to move up for one.

For starters, 4 first rounders is a pipe dream. Second, Von isn't going anywhere. No chance in hell. We won a SB building a defense around him, trading him would be nothing short of moronic.

Poet
11-06-2018, 10:40 PM
For starters, 4 first rounders is a pipe dream. Second, Von isn't going anywhere. No chance in hell. We won a SB building a defense around him, trading him would be nothing short of moronic.

We won a SB with a great defense he was a part of.

The scenario Hawgdriver gave was four first rounders. I'm sorry I engaged with his hypothetical on a message board. Keeping Von as he pushes thirty in spite of four first rounders would be foolish.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2018, 10:42 PM
One of my closest buddies has been talking about trading Von Miller for years, trust me Kinger you don’t wanna share common ground with this guy ... he lost $30,000 gambling in one weekend. He makes incredibly poor decisions.

Poet
11-06-2018, 10:43 PM
One of my closest buddies has been talking about trading Von Miller for years, trust me Kinger you don’t wanna share common ground with this guy ... he lost $30,000 gambling in one weekend. He makes incredibly poor decisions.

I've spent about a decade with you horrible humans! We're all making incredibly poor decisions!

Northman
11-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Without Von we dont win a SB. He was MVP for a reason.

Poet
11-06-2018, 10:48 PM
Without Von we dont win a SB. He was MVP for a reason.

I'll gladly still wear his jersey.

He ain't regular season MVPing, or carrying a team to the playoffs.

I'd probably kill my own mother for four first rounders.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2018, 10:49 PM
I've spent about a decade with you horrible humans! We're all making incredibly poor decisions!

This dude wanted Case Keenum, damn you, don’t do this to yourself. You’ve got your entire life ahead of you.

Poet
11-06-2018, 10:51 PM
This dude wanted Case Keenum, damn you, don’t do this to yourself. You’ve got your entire life ahead of you.

Four first rounders.

I led the charge against Keenum!