PDA

View Full Version : Draft Brett Rypien (or)

Pages : [1] 2

Shazam!
11-01-2018, 12:01 PM
I hate to bring up another NCAA QB whos uncle was a former QB after the Chad Kelly fiasco. But theres another QB coming out next year with a famous uncle.

Brett Rypien, Mark Rypien's nephew has been a 4 year starter at Boise State.

From what I've seen (not that im a scout obviously) hes shown enough arm strength and touch to play in the NFL and the BS offense is similar to a pro set, so no worries about him being too big a project or a square peg round hole issue, which is huge for this team after the Lynch disaster. Hes not very mobile and more of a straight pocket passer. He meets the prototype close enough in size at 6'2".

BS has been pretty good and his career highlights their look pretty encouraging. He wont likely be a 1st rd pick either so it wouldnt cost a fortune.

He already looks good in blue and orange too ha

What say you guys about Brett Rypien and where would he fall in a supposedly weak QB Draft

MOtorboat
11-01-2018, 12:28 PM
I wouldn’t worry about Rypien’s off the field demeanor like Kelly’s. He’s had none of the behavioral problems Kelly had in college. I’ll be honest, though, haven’t watched a ton of Boise, so I don’t know how good he is, but I’ve seen him listed as a mid-rounder.

Shazam!
11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4Cbn8KWtA

CoachChaz
11-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Rypien is pretty underrated...for now. I think once scouts really start to dig into his tape and we see the combine numbers, he's going to shoot up charts. I'd have him as a top 5 QB in NCAA right now. Most impressive thing about him is the intangibles. All the little things he does that matter. Don't see it very often with college QB's

Shazam!
11-01-2018, 01:53 PM
I really want Elway to get him.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-01-2018, 01:56 PM
After 3 years of weak armed QBs (Siemian and Keenum) I want someone who’s a good passer with the arm talent to take advantage of our weapons. I don’t watch enough college ball to really scout anyone but I like what I’ve seen from Lock and Thorsen as far as arm talent is concerned.

Shazam!
11-01-2018, 02:23 PM
He can make all the throws ive seen. Seems mechanically sound (cue in Beef with the Lincoln jokes).

Northman
11-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Whatever Elway chooses to do i hope he does his research. I dont want him just taking players because of name, lets go get a Qb who can be our future, if Rypien can be that guy than great but dont rely on name alone.

Shazam!
11-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Whatever Elway chooses to do i hope he does his research. I dont want him just taking players because of name, lets go get a Qb who can be our future, if Rypien can be that guy than great but dont rely on name alone.

Yeah we were down that route 20 years ago with Brian Griese.

CoachChaz
11-01-2018, 03:56 PM

Regardless of the name, he has the goods. Biggest question mark he had was downfield throwing, but last I saw, his completion % on passes over 20 years was over 50% this year.

Shazam!
11-01-2018, 04:35 PM

Regardless of the name, he has the goods. Biggest question mark he had was downfield throwing, but last I saw, his completion % on passes over 20 years was over 50% this year.

I love him. He will be a franchise QB.

Hell I even thought Kellen Clemens would have been a top guy but he got brain damaged and sabotaged with the NYJ.

TXBRONC
11-01-2018, 04:35 PM

I don't think we have any receivers fast enough to catch a ball 20 years into the future.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-01-2018, 09:02 PM
I’ve seen the majority of his games.

He’s tough, he’s smart, he’s really accurate. He can get the ball out quick, but does hold it at times. He has excellent timing.

He doesn’t have an overly strong arm and isn’t very big. I think he’s 6’1”.

I wouldn’t want Denver to take him in the 1st. I see him as a slight upgrade to Keenum, maybe. He probably has a slightly stronger arm than Case.

If Denver doesn’t get a blue chip at the top of the first I’d be ok with them taking Rypien in the 2nd.

Poet
11-01-2018, 09:33 PM
:subscribe:

underrated29
11-01-2018, 09:33 PM
I do not see anything different from this kid as Kevin Hogan. So pissed about Chad Kelly. We really must trade for a qb.

Simple Jaded
11-01-2018, 10:01 PM
God! Please! No!

Simple Jaded
11-01-2018, 10:05 PM
If you’re going to get another game manager just get Finley.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-01-2018, 10:07 PM
God! Please! No!
You crack me up. I was honestly shocked when I saw this thread, especially Coach endorsing him as a top 5 quarterback. I’ll say this, I’d rather have him than the kid from Washington, but that’s not saying much

Simple Jaded
11-01-2018, 10:31 PM
You crack me up. I was honestly shocked when I saw this thread, especially Coach endorsing him as a top 5 quarterback. I’ll say this, I’d rather have him than the kid from Washington, but that’s not saying much

Worst part of this thread? Rypien is the quintessential Kubiak QB, utterly forgettable in every way, I can totally see Denver picking this stiff.

Simple Jaded
11-01-2018, 10:34 PM
They probably won’t draft a QB anyway, PFF has Keenum ranked 12th.

Parastiff ranked 2nd.

Shazam!
11-02-2018, 02:58 AM
He looks a helluva lot more comfortable in the pocket and much better throwing deep than Keenum does from what ive seen. Just sayin

MOtorboat
11-02-2018, 04:01 AM
He looks a helluva lot more comfortable in the pocket and much better throwing deep than Keenum does from what ive seen. Just sayin

He’s also playing the Mountain West, none of which have NFL linemen or linebackers.

Shazam!
11-02-2018, 04:35 AM

He’s also playing the Mountain West, none of which have NFL linemen or linebackers.

True.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-02-2018, 05:56 AM
If he’s got the Shazam seal of approval, don’t walk, run the other way! ;) :lol:

Shazam!
11-02-2018, 06:13 AM
If he’s got the Shazam seal of approval, don’t walk, run the other way! ;) :lol:

Can't argue. I got nothin

Shazam!
11-02-2018, 06:29 AM
Also I started this thread with the purpose of a discussion on other QBs available other than Herbert and Lock. Not sure how many are tuned in to NCAA, myself included. Not too early to start with a lil familiarity with some names. A QB definitely coming in next year's Draft. Should be two.

TXBRONC
11-02-2018, 07:46 AM
God! Please! No!

I think you if you went into acting you could be a cult favorite like James Dean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrkiBCusHs0

elsid13
11-02-2018, 10:38 AM
QB that most likely will be drafted early that no one is talking about - Duke QB - Daniel Jones. Mannning has been talking him up and he runs pseudo pro system. Good, not great arm Good Foot work and understand the offense and plays well from the pocket. More mobility then he is given credit for.

DenBronx
11-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Go trade for Luck or Carr.

This years QB class looks depressing

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Hey, at least Shane hasn't popped in here endorsing him yet. That's the QB kiss of death.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Hey, at least Shane hasn't popped in here endorsing him yet. That's the QB kiss of death.

True, I’m just funnin’ with Shazam because he made a comment about bringing Rico Dennison back to be HC in one of the Fire VJ threads.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 11:47 AM
True, I’m just funnin’ with Shazam because he made a comment about bringing Rico Dennison back to be HC in one of the Fire VJ threads.

That does call for shaming.... That's not quite as bad as wishing for Mike McCoy back, but boy is it close!

Shazam!
11-02-2018, 12:24 PM

His team kicked the shit out of Denver a few weeks back, remember that?

Hes a ****in genius compared to VJ.

Rick Dennison. Mike Shanahan. Elway should go back and draw from the well of past success.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-02-2018, 12:41 PM

Rick Dennison. Mike Shanahan. Elway should go back and draw from the well of past success.

See what I mean...

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 12:45 PM

LOL Dude.... "his team" he's the o-line coach man. You want to bring him back as an o-line coach sure, but HC or OC no thanks man...that's a bad move.

He's a good o-line coach, terrible OC...

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 12:46 PM
See what I mean...

Yea that deserves to be mocked and belittled

VonDoom
11-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Dennison is just weak tea Kubiak. I’m not even sure what he did when he was OC here

VonDoom
11-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Go trade for Luck or Carr.

This years QB class looks depressing

There’s no way the Colts are trading Luck after they waited two years for him to get healthy.

No to Carr - he’s regressed badly. Gruden might have broken him

underrated29
11-02-2018, 07:19 PM
There’s no way the Colts are trading Luck after they waited two years for him to get healthy.

Sadly I agree with 1.

I disagree with 2. Carr is way better than any QB we have or had. Carr is a legit QB. He is not broken. JUst needs to get out of Oakland. I absolutely see him landing on his feet again as a top QB. He plays for the raiders. Lets not forget that. The raiders.

Nomad
11-02-2018, 07:31 PM
I thought Gruden was gonna make the Raiders great again?

VonDoom
11-02-2018, 09:06 PM
I thought Gruden was gonna make the Raiders great again?

Just give him ten years to do it

Nomad
11-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Just give him ten years to do it

Perhaps he could have Coach Dungy build the team. :D

BroncoJoe
11-03-2018, 11:03 AM
Perhaps he could have Coach Dungy build the team. :D

I'm not one to defend Gruden, but his rebuild of the Raiders made that same Superbowl....

Nomad
11-03-2018, 11:06 AM
I'm not one to defend Gruden, but his rebuild of the Raiders made that same Superbowl....

You should of just high fived, and played along. :D

BroncoJoe
11-03-2018, 11:31 AM
You should of just high fived, and played along. :D

Oh. OK.

Simple Jaded
11-03-2018, 05:57 PM
9wIhO1AJzY4

DenBronx
11-03-2018, 06:06 PM

I’ve seen the Colts do dumber things before.

Simple Jaded
11-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Daniel Jones is on ESPN2 right now.

Simple Jaded
11-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Giles-Harris and Humphreys are good LB’s too.

underrated29
11-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Giles-Harris and Humphreys are good LB’s too.

Im looking at CB and ILB with our first pick

CoachChaz
11-05-2018, 01:46 PM

Yet, anyone here would take Alex Smith or Derek Carr in a heartbeat...and many were very interested in Josh Allen.

underrated29
11-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Yet, anyone here would take Alex Smith or Derek Carr in a heartbeat...and many were very interested in Josh Allen.

Eh, sure on smith. A big F yeah on Carr, a big hell no to allen (as a first rd pick....I had him as a 2nd/3rd guy)

As of now, I would take any and all of them. I liked hogan to us in the 4th but I do not think he can be the an answer, let alone the answer.

CoachChaz
11-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Eh, sure on smith. A big F yeah on Carr, a big hell no to allen (as a first rd pick....I had him as a 2nd/3rd guy)

As of now, I would take any and all of them. I liked hogan to us in the 4th but I do not think he can be the an answer, let alone the answer.

I was just pointing out that quality QB's can come from mediocre conferences. And when I say I have him as a top 5 QB, it really says more about the way this class has performed to date than it does about Rypien himself.

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Maybe we can find someone that scouts are down on but has big talent, like Watson? Or Wentz, who was divisive?

Someone please throw me some hope, man.

underrated29
11-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Maybe we can find someone that scouts are down on but has big talent, like Watson? Or Wentz, who was divisive?

Someone please throw me some hope, man.

Not much.

Flacco
Bradford
Keenum again
Carr
Bridgewater
Eli
AJ Maccaron

The draft apparently does not hold much either. The following year it looks pretty good I am told.

My hope is we land a top 5 pick this year. Move back and gain an extra 1st. to the 10s/early teens...Then move back one more time to mid/late teens and gaining another extra first while we draft a T, ILB, DT, CB.......Then next year- we have a few first rd picks to move up to grab Herbert, or TUa or whomever is a good QB (I do not know any of them)

Poet
11-05-2018, 02:51 PM
EMO Alert:

Everything sucks and there is no ******* hope.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Im looking at CB and ILB with our first pick

Devin White is your ILB, maybe Te’Von Coney but he has off-field concerns.

CB is weak this draft too, you’ll need a Top 5 pick to get Greedy Williams.

horsepig
11-06-2018, 01:36 AM
Not much.

Flacco
Bradford
Keenum again
Carr
Bridgewater
Eli
AJ Maccaron

The draft apparently does not hold much either. The following year it looks pretty good I am told.

My hope is we land a top 5 pick this year. Move back and gain an extra 1st. to the 10s/early teens...Then move back one more time to mid/late teens and gaining another extra first while we draft a T, ILB, DT, CB.......Then next year- we have a few first rd picks to move up to grab Herbert, or TUa or whomever is a good QB (I do not know any of them)

Keenmu is godd enuf. We desparately need secondary help like people on the Titanic needed lifeboats! We need a ****** stud mike and we need another stud OL.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Are there any good LTs on this class? I think the Mongo Bolles experiment is just about over. Get a real LT (from an SEC team that plays real competition) and move Mongo to RT.

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Are there any good LTs on this class? I think the Mongo Bolles experiment is just about over. Get a real LT (from an SEC team that plays real competition) and move Mongo to RT.

OT is horrible. They just don’t get coached well in college anymore as often as they use to.

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Grier, Thorson, Lock, also names to keep in mind for late rd 1 early rd 2 at this point. Thorson has battled hard with no surrounding talent against a couple elite college defenses. Lock is playing well and just upset Florida, and Grier’s 4th quarter comeback last weekend was a thing of beauty. All 3 have NFL skill sets.

As for rypien I think scouts will be just as split on him as draftniks....but he def has some talent to be a top 5 Qb in this class.

Elevation inc
11-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Not much.

Flacco
Bradford
Keenum again
Carr
Bridgewater
Eli
AJ Maccaron

With that list keenum is the better option, but I wouldn’t mind checking out bridgewater....

NightTerror218
11-06-2018, 05:56 PM
This year is really weak for QB class IMO. Right now the highest ranked is considered #10 overall.

Tired of chasing this project QBs with high ceiling and really low floor.

MOtorboat
11-06-2018, 06:30 PM
This year is really weak for QB class IMO. Right now the highest ranked is considered #10 overall.

Tired of chasing this project QBs with high ceiling and really low floor.

What's the solution, though? There's no top-flight quarterback available next year. You have to try your hand in the draft when you don't have one.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2018, 10:46 PM
With that list keenum is the better option, but I wouldn’t mind checking out bridgewater....

Keenum is better than Flacco, Bradford, Carr, Eli and Bridgewater?

How do you figure? Please show your work.

Poet
11-06-2018, 10:49 PM

Flacco is definitely better.

Bradford is injury prone.

Carr is more attractive.

Eli is washed.

Bridgewater is cheaper, and not a whiny POS, so I'd rather cross the bridge.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2018, 10:58 PM
Flacco is definitely better.

Bradford is injury prone.

Carr is more attractive.

Eli is washed.

Bridgewater is cheaper, and not a whiny POS, so I'd rather cross the bridge.

Eli could be 50 and still be a better QB, Carr isn’t even debatable, We’re not talking about Bradford’s injuries and the possibility of Bridgewater playing was the reason Zimmer refused to stroke Keenum’s ego.

Poet
11-06-2018, 11:00 PM
Eli could be 50 and still be a better QB, Carr isn’t even debatable, We’re not talking about Bradford’s injuries and the possibility of Bridgewater playing was the reason Zimmer refused to stroke Keenum’s ego.

Eli is just horrible.

Carr is better.

Bradford's injuries are a part of him.

Zimmer isn't going to kiss the ass of a scrub. Because Zimmer is a man.

Simple Jaded
11-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Eli is just horrible.

Carr is better.

Bradford's injuries are a part of him.

Zimmer isn't going to kiss the ass of a scrub. Because Zimmer is a man.

I didn’t say Eli wasn’t terrible. Or horrible.

Elevation inc
11-07-2018, 01:58 AM

If your talking pure football skillset then my statement is not entirely correct. If your talking based off what we have seen the last coupe years, then I feel I'm correct.

Bradford cant stay healthy nor throw past 10 yards now. Carr is a crybaby and lost his team already. Flacco is probably the closest to Keenum with a better arm, but he isn't a leader either, and is probably going to lose time to Lamar Jackson here shortly. Bridgewater is legit in my opinion but we have no real proof of where he is at for the last couple years. So its more my opinion then actual fact but there is enough evidence with those others players to have concern with them. I would rather draft a top rookie to compete with Keenum, then look at any of those with the exception of bridgewater.

Look I'm not saying Keenum is amazing, but when he is put in a offense or given play calls that suit his skillset he does well, the Texans game was finally proof of that. I have suspected most of the year was a combination of him forcing himself to look like the guy, and making stupid decisions, crap play calling, and a knee issue. I'm not willing to say I was right after just 1 game, but I suspect all of our issues the last 2 years are more coaching related then player related to include TS, OZ and Case Keenum. Only true waste of a player was lynch, aint no coach helping that dude lol

NightTerror218
11-08-2018, 01:05 PM
What's the solution, though? There's no top-flight quarterback available next year. You have to try your hand in the draft when you don't have one.

I would rather find a vet stop gap and get a team contributer in round 1 and 2 and a project is round 3.

Stop wasting picks when there are so many holes. For 1 fix the OL so you can have an average vet stay upright.

If you have to trade the farm for the right QB in top 5 then do it. Move up for right guy don't reach for these projects.

NightTerror218
11-08-2018, 01:07 PM

Right now I would take Bridgewater and Carr over keenum. I would like Bridgewater to come in next year to compete and don't draft a QB.

TXBRONC
11-08-2018, 01:52 PM
I would rather find a vet stop gap and get a team contributer in round 1 and 2 and a project is round 3.

Stop wasting picks when there are so many holes. For 1 fix the OL so you can have an average vet stay upright.

If you have to trade the farm for the right QB in top 5 then do it. Move up for right guy don't reach for these projects.

We have a vet stop gap, in Keenum. Why would we need another one?

Simple Jaded
11-08-2018, 08:03 PM
The answer isn’t a veteran like Derek Carr/Jameis Winston, it isn’t a highly skilled rookie (or two) and it isn’t a Fitzmagic-type veteran/QB groomer.

The answer is All Of The Above.

Quit ******* around and fix something already.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Paul Klee hit the nail on the head today, the Broncos’ FO needs to be humbled ... they’re arrogant. Going with TS and CK is just arrogant, you’re not “All That” and you never were.

Chello made another great point; Elway and Kubiak are on the podium after SB50 and Kubiak says something to the effect of “we can win any way we want” ... that’s Kubiak’s mentality with QB’s (and OL), that’s always been his mentality and it always will be, he needs to accept that he’s not shopping for himself anymore and give the next OC/HC regime a fighting ******* chance.

I Like TDs
11-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Tank '19 then, 'Jake Fromm State Farm!' I think he'll come out early.

Everything else is really just a Band-Aid. Might as well go through the pain with plan.

VonDoom
11-08-2018, 08:51 PM

Everything else is really just a Band-Aid. Might as well go through the pain with plan.

He’s a sophomore - not eligible until 2020

Simple Jaded
11-08-2018, 08:55 PM
He’s a sophomore - not eligible until 2020

I think he’s saying tank in ‘19 too.

Elevation inc
11-09-2018, 03:22 AM

so we tank in 2019 and Jake from state farm blows a ACL in December then what? You don't build teams on hypothetical tanking and wishes, you build with the best talent in front of you that you can obtain at that moment to fit your team.

MOtorboat
11-09-2018, 04:11 AM
so we tank in 2019 and Jake from state farm blows a ACL in December then what? You don't build teams on hypothetical tanking and wishes, you build with the best talent in front of you that you can obtain at that moment to fit your team.

Tua.

I Like TDs
11-09-2018, 08:32 AM

Quite a stretch to say tanking a season for a QB is a hypothetical wish isn't it? Lot's of teams have done it, the 49'ers of recent past and Gruden is doing it now. Whether it works out or not is yet to be seen, but I don't think anyone really believes the Broncos are one good QB away from being Superbowl contenders and they are not going to get there consistently going 5-11 and likely picking out of the top 10.

CoachChaz
11-09-2018, 11:07 AM
If the roster stays mostly the same as it is now in 2019 and Elway drops the ball on his HC choice again...will we really have to "try" to tank in 2019??? I'm thinking it will just come naturally.

VonDoom
11-09-2018, 05:25 PM
I think he’s saying tank in ‘19 too.

Ah, I see it now. If we’re tanking all the way through next year though, Tua is the guy I want

VonDoom
11-09-2018, 05:27 PM
If the roster stays mostly the same as it is now in 2019 and Elway drops the ball on his HC choice again...will we really have to "try" to tank in 2019??? I'm thinking it will just come naturally.

The young guys are promising. Another good draft along with cutting some higher priced veterans puts us in the right direction at least.

We do need the right coach though and obviously QB is still a giant question mark

I Like TDs
11-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Ah, I see it now. If we’re tanking all the way through next year though, Tua is the guy I want

I'd be thrilled with Tagovaiola too; but I am a Dawgs fan and give preference to Fromm. The Dawgs will want him to come out anyways in 2020 because Justin Fields will not wait any longer behind him. So, tanking '19 too makes sense as part of the rebuild, but somehow I think 5-years from now we will still be talking about how Elway messed up.

Simple Jaded
11-09-2018, 09:46 PM

Trevor Lawrence would be mine.

Shazam!
11-10-2018, 05:57 AM
Better off spending a 3rd on a guy who has the potential to be a starter than the hefty price of a 1st rd pick. Could also bring in another late rder and not have to worry about getting completely ****ed for awhile.

Look at Sam Darnold. He has shown glimpses, but already people in NYJ land are saying hes too soft and is more like Mark Sanchez II.

Jsteve01
11-10-2018, 11:41 AM
I wish i had some kind of voice in Dove valley. The real shit job by Elway was drafting osweiler over Wilson and Cousins.

Poet
11-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Maybe we can pull a Seattle and rebuild a chunk of the roster and still compete next year.

To JS' point, I get frustrated with JFE because he's a QB, he should know what one is.

TXBRONC
11-10-2018, 03:06 PM
I wish i had some kind of voice in Dove valley. The real shit job by Elway was drafting osweiler over Wilson and Cousins.

He wasn't the GM when Cousins was drafted and Wilson wasn't third round so every team passed on for first two rounds.

Correction: Yeah he did pass on Cousins as did every other team for the first three rounds.

Shazam!
11-10-2018, 03:56 PM

He wasn't the GM when Cousins was drafted and Wilson wasn't third round so every team passed on for first two rounds.

Correction: Yeah he did pass on Cousins as did every other team for the first three rounds.

Cousins may not be Aaron Rodgers but hes a world beater compared to Keenum.

Poet
11-10-2018, 07:47 PM
I hope that CK pops an ACL in the last week so we have to go out and get someone.

**** being nice. He's a shitty QB. A soft whiny human being. I ******* hate him. I never want to see his stupid ******* Drive-Thru worker looking face behind a Denver facemask again.

Feel my ******* hatred. ******* feel it.

Shazam!
11-10-2018, 09:54 PM
I hope that CK pops an ACL in the last week so we have to go out and get someone.

**** being nice. He's a shitty QB. A soft whiny human being. I ******* hate him. I never want to see his stupid ******* Drive-Thru worker looking face behind a Denver facemask again.

Feel my ******* hatred. ******* feel it.

King loves Case Keenum.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Maybe we can pull a Seattle and rebuild a chunk of the roster and still compete next year.

To JS' point, I get frustrated with JFE because he's a QB, he should know what one is.

I've thought of this too, but it kind of makes sense that a QB would know what to look for in a defensive player (which he's done pretty well with), since that's what he faced every weekend since he was a kid. I think he gets enamored with arm strength and mobility, but can't figure out the mental aspect/capability of a QB prospect (i.e. the drive to win at all costs).

Poet
11-11-2018, 02:39 PM
I've thought of this too, but it kind of makes sense that a QB would know what to look for in a defensive player (which he's done pretty well with), since that's what he faced every weekend since he was a kid. I think he gets enamored with arm strength and mobility, but can't figure out the mental aspect/capability of a QB prospect (i.e. the drive to win at all costs).

I think he fell in love with PL's physical traits and then fell in love with 'gritty guys' like CK and TS.

The guys who have an obvious amount of both just go in the top three. I guess that's where I also get mad - the Eagles, Rams, and Texans are stoked they moved up. We did move up once, but for PL. Maybe JE is gunshy these days? It's hard for me to believe that he didn't think any of the last QB class was worthy. If you think they are, how don't you move up?

It'll work out, though.

Simple Jaded
11-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Elway rightfully wanted PL’s talent but had unrealistic expectations of how long it’d take to develop them. Had no business starting as a rookie, in any system, and most likely not his 2nd of the same system, but especially not after changing OC’s on him 3 times in 3 seasons.

PL is/was not the sharpest peanut in the turd and Watson/Mahomes/Prescott are outliers, exceptions to the rule that predates the college spread offenses.

If you can’t have more patience than the average fan then you can’t draft college spread QB’s and you get stuck with scrubs.

Elway deserves Case Siemian Yates.

Poet
11-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Elway should have pulled the trigger a couple times on trades in the draft. That's probably my biggest criticism of him, other than falling in love with guys who are barely in the league.

Simple Jaded
11-12-2018, 12:26 AM
Elway should have pulled the trigger a couple times on trades in the draft. That's probably my biggest criticism of him, other than falling in love with guys who are barely in the league.

Cordy Glenn and Trent Brown are legit NFL starting T’s, they went for (basically) a high 2nd and late 3rd , respectively.

Brown is better, bigger, stronger, younger, cheaper, durabler, better and healthier (and better) than Veldheer. But he cost what ended up being between Yiadum and Freeman, as compared to a 7th.

If you trade for Brown maybe you can afford to keep your #1 WR and CB.

Simple Jaded
11-12-2018, 12:30 AM
By the way, I’m assuming Elway was among the people Buffalo and SF contacted when shopping their T’s.

The problem with this theory is, at 6-5/345 with 36” arms and 6-8/355 with 36” arms, neither one of them fit the 6-4/300 with 31” arms speed bump profile that Denver is looking for.

Poet
11-12-2018, 02:51 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/does-arm-length-affect-ot-play

Jsteve01
11-13-2018, 04:03 PM

wtf are you talking about? Cousins and Wilson were in yhe same draft. We drafted a major project in Brock over foles, cousins, and wilson

Jsteve01
11-13-2018, 04:07 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/does-arm-length-affect-ot-play

You blew my mind when you originally posted this. Thanks man. Changed my eval 8n Wynn this year

TXBRONC
11-13-2018, 08:31 PM
wtf are you talking about? Cousins and Wilson were in yhe same draft. We drafted a major project in Brock over foles, cousins, and wilson

Did you read the correction?

Cugel
11-15-2018, 08:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing. But, the roster cannot stay mostly the same in 2019 because most of the veterans are UFAs and will be gone.

And of those still under contract, the Broncos probably won't keep Brandon Marshall (just drafted Josey Jewel to take his place) and Bradley Roby (didn't exercise his 5th year option).

This adds to the list of UFAs like: T Jared Veldheer, DT Domato Pecko, CB Trumaine Brock, LB Shaquil Barrett, LB Shane Ray, C Matt Paradis, G Billy Turner, CB Bradley Roby, DE Zach Kerr, CB Pacman Jones, TE Jeff Heurmann, G Max Garcia, QB Kevin Hogan, WR Jordan Taylor, etc., etc.

Most of those guys will not be back.

Adding to the complete coaching roster changes it's going to be a very different Broncos team in 2019 and not necessarily better.

Shazam!
11-15-2018, 08:52 PM

I was thinking the same thing. But, the roster cannot stay mostly the same in 2019 because most of the veterans are UFAs and will be gone.

And of those still under contract, the Broncos probably won't keep Brandon Marshall (just drafted Josey Jewel to take his place) and Bradley Roby (didn't exercise his 5th year option).

This adds to the list of UFAs like: T Jared Veldheer, DT Domato Pecko, CB Trumaine Brock, LB Shaquil Barrett, LB Shane Ray, C Matt Paradis, G Billy Turner, CB Bradley Roby, DE Zach Kerr, CB Pacman Jones, TE Jeff Heurmann, G Max Garcia, QB Kevin Hogan, WR Jordan Taylor, etc., etc.

Most of those guys will not be back.

Adding to the complete coaching roster changes it's going to be a very different Broncos team in 2019 and not necessarily better.

Im a big believer that VJ is behind a lot of it with a lack of preparedness (see @ Miami last year and @ NYJ this year) and inept at game day management. The lack of a playmaking QB to help mask a poor OLine compounds the problem.

I believe if they're a well Coached team that alone is 8 wins.

Simple Jaded
11-19-2018, 01:25 AM
XbhiZoSvoO0

Shazam!
02-19-2019, 12:39 PM
Bump from earlier discussion in Flacco thread.

Could def be coming to Denver now that Lock is out likely at 10 and they go after another QB in 2nd or 3rd Rd

Elway and Co. did meet with him after Shrine game

Northman
02-19-2019, 12:59 PM

Could def be coming to Denver now that Lock is out likely at 10 and they go after another QB in 2nd or 3rd Rd

Why is Lock out? I must have missed something.

Shazam!
02-19-2019, 01:07 PM

I cant see them Drafting Lock after Flacco with all the needs? Hey if they do, GREAT, but talent can be found in later rounds

chazoe60
02-19-2019, 01:08 PM

I think the conventional wisdom is that since we got Flacco we won't draft a QB at 10

underrated29
02-19-2019, 01:45 PM
I think the conventional wisdom is that since we got Flacco we won't draft a QB at 10

If lock is there at 10 I guarantee they draft him. They are not going to move up though.

I forsee a situation where Lock is gone before 10. We trade back a few spots w Miami or Washington maybe....And possibly one more time to load up on ammo for next year- and this year grab a CB. I see that.

DenBronx
02-19-2019, 02:54 PM
If lock is there at 10 I guarantee they draft him. They are not going to move up though.

I forsee a situation where Lock is gone before 10. We trade back a few spots w Miami or Washington maybe....And possibly one more time to load up on ammo for next year- and this year grab a CB. I see that.

This is what I think the Broncos will do as well. If Lock is gone I’d like to see them trade back. I see us drafting a mid to late round QB still

TXBRONC
02-19-2019, 02:57 PM

Maybe I doubt it. Trading for Flacco can but not necessarily mean that Elway likes Lock but doesn't think he'll fall all the way to the 10th pick. It can just as easily mean Elway isn't comfortable with Lock and or Haskins for that matter. I think the trade for Flacco means that Elway is looking to 2020 or 2021 for his quarterback of the future.

The second paragraph in your post I think is a real possibility. It may not necessarily be a corner but I see that happening.

underrated29
02-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Maybe I doubt it. Trading for Flacco can but not necessarily mean that Elway likes Lock but doesn't think he'll fall all the way to the 10th pick. It can just as easily mean Elway isn't comfortable with Lock and or Haskins for that matter. I think the trade for Flacco means that Elway is looking to 2020 or 2021 for his quarterback of the future.

The second paragraph in your post I think is a real possibility. It may not necessarily be a corner but I see that happening.

While I do not disagree, and do 100% think a 2020 QB is the plan (herbert is my guess unless he bombs next year), we do know that:

Elway does indeed Love Lock!
Elway personally told Lock that he will be a top 10 pick this year.
So Elway does view lock as worthy of the 10 pick.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, Elway nor the rest of us seem to think he will last to 10. From what I am hearing it is looking more and more likely that the giants are going haskins and that jags are a wild card, but Washington and Miami are both going to try and move into the top 10. Also, is seems like one of the playoff teams (chargers, pats, etc) is trying to feel out costs to move into range.

So, I agree that we will not get Lock. I agree Lock will go before 10 and I do agree with you that 2020 seems to be the target. However, if Lock does fall to 10, based on Elways infatuation with him and his direct quote to lock about being a top 10 pick, I think we would have another Bradley chubb situatiuon. They didnt expect him to be there and will pull the trigger if so.

Elevation inc
02-20-2019, 12:03 PM
While I do not disagree, and do 100% think a 2020 QB is the plan (herbert is my guess unless he bombs next year), we do know that:

Elway does indeed Love Lock!
Elway personally told Lock that he will be a top 10 pick this year.
So Elway does view lock as worthy of the 10 pick.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, Elway nor the rest of us seem to think he will last to 10. From what I am hearing it is looking more and more likely that the giants are going haskins and that jags are a wild card, but Washington and Miami are both going to try and move into the top 10. Also, is seems like one of the playoff teams (chargers, pats, etc) is trying to feel out costs to move into range.

So, I agree that we will not get Lock. I agree Lock will go before 10 and I do agree with you that 2020 seems to be the target. However, if Lock does fall to 10, based on Elways infatuation with him and his direct quote to lock about being a top 10 pick, I think we would have another Bradley chubb situatiuon. They didnt expect him to be there and will pull the trigger if so.

This is where I stand right now as well. I don’t think we trade up for a QB....but if lock is in our lap at 10 i think we pull that trigger......if not then i think CB, OL or a BPA is in play.....i have said all along i love the position were in because we could potentially land a Franchise QB(which is a need) or a blue chip defensive player. I was more worried about last years draft then this one...I only believed in Mayfield last year, and was still not even a big fan of Darnold. Once Cleveland Picked Mayfield i thought we were screwed. I had zero inkling Chubb would make it to our pick....it worked out great but i had far more concern last year about what would happen then this year....luckily the top 5 picks pretty much all panned out very well....i love some of the options for us at 10....a bunch of them fill needs and are blue chip prospects...you cant predict the future but our standing at 10 feels pretty good right now to get a impact player to fill a need. Wether that’s lock as a future franchise guy, a CB, A tackle, or a DL player...were sitting pretty....lets just hope we don’t draft a TE at 10 though that would piss me off more then trading for Flacco....lol

Poet
02-20-2019, 07:04 PM
I just wish Elway had the stones for trade up for Haskins.

Northman
02-20-2019, 07:18 PM
I just wish Elway had the stones for trade up for Haskins.

He has the stones, Baskin Haskins isnt worth it tho.

Poet
02-20-2019, 07:19 PM
He has the stones, Baskin Haskins isnt worth it tho.

Paxton Lynch took Elway's manhood.

Shazam!
02-20-2019, 08:29 PM
Why are you sold on Haskins

Poet
02-20-2019, 08:38 PM
Why are you sold on Haskins

He had a great season in spite of a lot of adversity. He's clearly a physical talent, but he doesn't run much and is a pocket passer. His accuracy was top notch. His leadership skills were high. He didn't shrink in big games. He basically checked every box except playing a second season.

Shazam!
02-20-2019, 08:52 PM
That's what concerns me, only one season of work

Poet
02-20-2019, 08:57 PM

We can win eight games and feel comfy with Flacco. Or, we can try to move past .500 ball and be relevant again.

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 08:54 AM
He had a great season in spite of a lot of adversity. He's clearly a physical talent, but he doesn't run much and is a pocket passer. His accuracy was top notch. His leadership skills were high. He didn't shrink in big games. He basically checked every box except playing a second season.

Then he is a lot like his uncle as a quarterback.

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 08:58 AM

The same is also true of Murray, but that doesn't appear to by much of a concern.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-21-2019, 05:45 PM
Haskins is a bad boy

Northman
02-21-2019, 05:48 PM
Im so glad we are not drafting Haskins. The love affair is nauseating.

Poet
02-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Elway is a coward at QB. I still love him, but he makes me sad.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-21-2019, 06:04 PM
I don't know how scared he is. He made a FA move on a QB who had recent success after another FA was overpaid. It's not like it's been 5 years since he tried for a QB. We have no clue what he's thinking. For all we know, Flacco could be a ploy to make Miami and Washington think we aren't a threat to get a QB.

Northman
02-21-2019, 06:14 PM

Nah, just smart. Plenty of "would be" QB's in this draft.

Poet
02-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Nah, just smart. Plenty of "would be" QB's in this draft.

He scared. Plays it safe with bland QBs because lynch took his manhood.

TXBRONC
02-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Sorry but taking a huge risk on Manning and now Flacco that's ballsy not fear.

Poet
02-21-2019, 07:50 PM

When the doctors cleared Manning it wasn't a risk, and Manning had about six teams courting him.

Trading for a bland QB in lieu of drafting a QB isn't ballsy. It's playing it safe. Paxton Lynch broke John Elway. He's too scared to draft a first round QB now. Maybe next year it'll change if he can find a team to trade up with, that doesn't need an elite QB prospect. John Elway is content to had the team over to bland average at best QB's and pretend like we're contending than to do the right thing.

Oh John...you broke my heart.

TXBRONC
02-22-2019, 09:17 AM
When the doctors cleared Manning it wasn't a risk, and Manning had about six teams courting him.

Trading for a bland QB in lieu of drafting a QB isn't ballsy. It's playing it safe. Paxton Lynch broke John Elway. He's too scared to draft a first round QB now. Maybe next year it'll change if he can find a team to trade up with, that doesn't need an elite QB prospect. John Elway is content to had the team over to bland average at best QB's and pretend like we're contending than to do the right thing.

Oh John...you broke my heart.

No, the doctor clearing Manning was about his neck being sound so that when he takes a hit it wouldn't kill him. No one knew for sure what kind of effect it would have on his ability to throw the ball. Manning himself has said he has numbness in his finger tips. Ok so six teams were courting Manning that only shows that they had some level interest that says nothing about his health. He visited the Cardinals and left believing they were really not interesting in signing him. So I disagree with you, that move to get Manning was not ballsy.

Not doing what any fan wants doesn't mean he is scared.

I'm sorry your heart is broken but I would never believe that you are Elway's type even with having a soft belly. :D

Jsteve01
02-22-2019, 10:38 AM

Flacco and manning isnt even close to apples to apples. A perennial pro bowler coming off neck injury was taking a shot for a beauty queen. This is being drunk and lonely at the end of the night and making a pass at a girl wha was average a few years ago and now is no one to bring home to mama

TXBRONC
02-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Flacco and manning isnt even close to apples to apples. A perennial pro bowler coming off neck injury was taking a shot for a beauty queen. This is being drunk and lonely at the end of the night and making a pass at a girl wha was average a few years ago and now is no one to bring home to mama

I never said it was apples to apples. You're reading into something I didn't say. It was much more risky to bring Manning but if you're saying there is no inherent risk in bring in Flacco, I disagree.

Jsteve01
02-22-2019, 07:51 PM
I never said it was apples to apples. You're reading into something I didn't say. It was much more risky to bring Manning but if you're saying there is no inherent risk in bring in Flacco, I disagree.

If I'm going to take a risk though I'd rather do it on someone that still has some upside and his youthful like a Ryan Tannehill. Flaco's a risk but not because we're taking a shot at someone who has huge upside. If you're going to risk risk big. Don't pay 20 million to a guy whose last good years were three or four years ago.

Shazam!
02-22-2019, 08:48 PM
What is Tannehills upside

TXBRONC
02-22-2019, 10:48 PM
If I'm going to take a risk though I'd rather do it on someone that still has some upside and his youthful like a Ryan Tannehill. Flaco's a risk but not because we're taking a shot at someone who has huge upside. If you're going to risk risk big. Don't pay 20 million to a guy whose last good years were three or four years ago.

Tannehill has no upside. He's been the league what seven or eight years and what has he done?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2019, 12:09 PM
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/6-quarterbacks-franchise-upside-2019-NFL-Draft-129394472/?fbclid=IwAR1i6AuXqFHfItmz2sr57V2p1jbzvYqjcs_VZ6ug gPQ4c_9golkAdiloDQI

Basically states Elway had Chubb#1 on his board but would have taken the Sooner or the Trojan ahead of him.

Jsteve01
02-26-2019, 02:59 PM
Tannehill has no upside. He's been the league what seven or eight years and what has he done?

Statistically speaking he is a better qb than flacco the pst few years. He is also younger and more athletic. He is an injury scare but my point is that Tannehill on a prove it deal has more upside than a 30 something who lost his job to. Kid who cant throw

CoachChaz
02-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Statistically speaking he is a better qb than flacco the pst few years. He is also younger and more athletic. He is an injury scare but my point is that Tannehill on a prove it deal has more upside than a 30 something who lost his job to. Kid who cant throw

What many don't realize is he was thrown to the wolves in a bad situation in Miami...and all that after having limited QB experience. Before he was the starting QB at A&M, he was their leading receiver as a freshman and sophomore. It wasn't until Jerrod Johnson went off the rails in Tannehill's junior year did he take over as QB. So, he really only had a year and a half experience playing QB at a higher level before being drafted into a mess of an organization.

I mentioned it a month ago that I would be happy with bringing him in on a 1 or 2 year prove it deal until he proved it, or we found our long term answer. I really don't think he'd be any worse than Flacco...but would add mobility. Biggest issue would be his injury bug.

Shazam!
02-26-2019, 03:48 PM

Flacco has a resume and has won. No one questioned his arm?

Poet
02-26-2019, 07:26 PM
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/6-quarterbacks-franchise-upside-2019-NFL-Draft-129394472/?fbclid=IwAR1i6AuXqFHfItmz2sr57V2p1jbzvYqjcs_VZ6ug gPQ4c_9golkAdiloDQI

Basically states Elway had Chubb#1 on his board but would have taken the Sooner or the Trojan ahead of him.

This means Elway doesn't understand the modern NFL - if you have a player as number one, but think a QB is worth more than him, you go get the QB. Elway can really do some great things as a GM, but really ****s up the most basic aspects of it, too.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-26-2019, 07:31 PM
This means Elway doesn't understand the modern NFL - if you have a player as number one, but think a QB is worth more than him, you go get the QB. Elway can really do some great things as a GM, but really ****s up the most basic aspects of it, too.

In this scenario, what was he going to do? Cleveland took one of the guys on the list and had zero reason to trade back. NYG wanted a ransom to give away their shot at Barkley. The other guy went 3rd to a team who already traded up. No way they were moving. The only thing he could be considered at fault for was not getting to 3 before the Jets. But that deal also happened well before the draft IIRC.

I'm not crushing Elway for this one. He has definitely done some weird shit. But I don't think making a move was very realistic.

Edit...the Jets moved up on March 17. About 6 weeks before the draft. Nothing about this situation indicates to me he doesn't get it.

Poet
02-26-2019, 07:36 PM
In this scenario, what was he going to do? Cleveland took one of the guys on the list and had zero reason to trade back. NYG wanted a ransom to give away their shot at Barkley. The other guy went 3rd to a team who already traded up. No way they were moving. The only thing he could be considered at fault for was not getting to 3 before the Jets. But that deal also happened well before the draft IIRC.

I'm not crushing Elway for this one. He has definitely done some weird shit. But I don't think making a move was very realistic.

One, trade up before the Jets do. Two, make the trade for the Giants if you think the guy is a QBotF and worth more than your number one player on the board. There are so many instances of teams doing this now it's not beyond the pale; arguably it's the norm.

I believe Mo posted an article that we were going to trade up with the Giants if Mayfield was available. If you really think Darnold is worth more than your number one guy in Chubb, then pull the trigger.

Because of this, we're suffering. The Keenum signing was probably in his mind as to why he didn't pull the trigger, making a horrible signing even worse. We're now going to go ahead and run out another retreat at QB. Two seasons. That's what we sunk.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-26-2019, 07:49 PM
That's assuming that the Giants were willing to deal. That's a huge assumption given how enamored they were with Barkley. After Cleveland took a QB, I never believed for a moment that NYG would trade behind Cleveland at 4. Barkley was in play for Cleveland there.

Again...they could have gotten to 3, but ya also gotta credit NY for acting so quickly. I could be wrong and dont feel like researching, but I don't recall such a big trade so early in the process.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-26-2019, 07:53 PM
I lied. Research occurred. Rams and eagles moves were in late April. Washington for rg3 was march

TXBRONC
02-26-2019, 09:59 PM

The article says that Chubb was not number one on his board.

We know Elway has had QB on the brain. Believe it or not, Bradley Chubb was not the No. 1 prospect on the Broncos’ big board last year.

Elway says that Chubb was number one on his board and he never expected that he would fall to number five. He also said sometime after the draft that if Darnold had fallen to five he would taken him. I don't know what he would have done if Chubb and either Darnold or Mayfield had been available when Denver picked last year.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Good catch.

Jsteve01
02-27-2019, 12:35 AM
What many don't realize is he was thrown to the wolves in a bad situation in Miami...and all that after having limited QB experience. Before he was the starting QB at A&M, he was their leading receiver as a freshman and sophomore. It wasn't until Jerrod Johnson went off the rails in Tannehill's junior year did he take over as QB. So, he really only had a year and a half experience playing QB at a higher level before being drafted into a mess of an organization.

I mentioned it a month ago that I would be happy with bringing him in on a 1 or 2 year prove it deal until he proved it, or we found our long term answer. I really don't think he'd be any worse than Flacco...but would add mobility. Biggest issue would be his injury bug.

Funny the similarities between his story and sloter. But in all seriousness i was aware of that. He finally worked witha good qb coach in Gase and has performed well. Again. He is younger and more athletic than Flacco. Im sorry he did nt get to play with Ray Lewis and win a super bowl but his last few years have been superior to Joe and he has better numbers over the course of his career.

Elevation inc
02-28-2019, 08:24 AM
Funny the similarities between his story and sloter. But in all seriousness i was aware of that. He finally worked witha good qb coach in Gase and has performed well. Again. He is younger and more athletic than Flacco. Im sorry he did nt get to play with Ray Lewis and win a super bowl but his last few years have been superior to Joe and he has better numbers over the course of his career.

I would take Tannehil over Flacco

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 04:19 PM
I would take Tannehil over Flacco

:tsk: :D

I think we'll be fine with Flacco.

Elevation inc
02-28-2019, 04:32 PM
:tsk: :D

I think we'll be fine with Flacco.

yes we will be 8 and 8, so I guess for some people that's fine.....:tsk: :tsk: :lol:

Davii
02-28-2019, 05:16 PM
yes we will be 8 and 8, so I guess for some people that's fine.....:tsk: :tsk: :lol:

Better than 5-11 or 6-10, but I think we'll do better. 10-6 or so, wild card.

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 06:58 PM

8-8 is better than sub .500. However, I don't anyone knows where Denver will end up.

Poet
02-28-2019, 07:02 PM
Sub 500 in a year loaded with QB talent is way better than .500 and missing out.

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 07:12 PM
Sub 500 in a year loaded with QB talent is way better than .500 and missing out.

You have no idea if Denver miss out. Having a loser mentality never works out for the best.

Poet
02-28-2019, 07:20 PM
You have no idea if Denver miss out. Having a loser mentality never works out for the best.

Browns tanked for mayfield

Colts did for luck

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 07:43 PM

Colts did for luck

Why are you saying such absurd. The Browns have been a bad football team for decades they didn't tank for Mayfield.

So Polian tanked a season putting on a ruse that Manning was injured, so that the Colts could have the worst record in football so that they could draft Luck? That would be absurd.

Poet
02-28-2019, 07:54 PM
Polian himself noted that the Browns tanked for the top spot. https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/bill-polian-browns-tanked-last-year-that-may-become-common/amp/

You don’t remember the suck for luck tank battles? The colts definitely didn’t do their best to win games. Note this part
On Miami’s owner:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2011/10/21/us/suck-for-luck-could-be-best-hope-for-nfls-worst/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2019, 09:04 PM
Polian references 2016...not 2017 which would be the season prior to them taking Mayfield. And it's still speculative. Is it possible that once the wheels fall ofd a team may not overpay for a kicker? Sure. But I don't anyone starts a season trying not to win

Poet
02-28-2019, 09:07 PM
It's still tanking - point is teams are smart and they know how bad their teams are. Elway has this half-baked conception of rosters where he won't reset it because then he's not going full throttle, but he can't actually build a full roster or get a real QB. That's about the worst way to go about constructing a team.

Shazam!
02-28-2019, 09:28 PM
Elway and Scangarello allegedly met with Rypien today?

Davii
02-28-2019, 09:40 PM

Colts did for luck

Which one has won a SB recently?

TXBRONC
02-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Polian himself noted that the Browns tanked for the top spot. https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/bill-polian-browns-tanked-last-year-that-may-become-common/amp/

You don’t remember the suck for luck tank battles? The colts definitely didn’t do their best to win games. Note this part
On Miami’s owner:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2011/10/21/us/suck-for-luck-could-be-best-hope-for-nfls-worst/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

I don't care what Polian said, it's opinion not a fact.

The same is true with the other article as well.

Poet
03-01-2019, 12:34 AM
You called the notion absurd. There’s a basis for it. And a better basis than just dismissing it.

Hawgdriver
03-01-2019, 03:05 AM
Which one has won a SB recently?

idk but Seattle did with Wilson...

Besides all this offseason nonsense, we want to see the Broncos get back on top. No one here thinks that Flacco is the recipe for that. Might surprise, I sure as hell hope so.. Just doesn't seem realistic.

I am ok with them building an elite D again.

I think a lot of this boils down to how well Scang can use the existing roster...how well he can implement the Janos and Hamiltons. I think Murray, if he's available within reason, offers the best chance of that. Guess we'll see. I don't know why dogfish doesn't see it this way.

TXBRONC
03-01-2019, 08:39 AM
You called the notion absurd. There’s a basis for it. And a better basis than just dismissing it.

No, I didn't just dismiss it. No, there isn't basis for it and yes it's still absurd.

Northman
03-01-2019, 08:46 AM

Besides all this offseason nonsense, we want to see the Broncos get back on top. No one here thinks that Flacco is the recipe for that. Might surprise, I sure as hell hope so.. Just doesn't seem realistic.

I am ok with them building an elite D again.

I think a lot of this boils down to how well Scang can use the existing roster...how well he can implement the Janos and Hamiltons. I think Murray, if he's available within reason, offers the best chance of that. Guess we'll see. I don't know why dogfish doesn't see it this way.

Wilson was a 3rd round pick.

Shazam!
03-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Starter does not have to be a 1st rd pick.

Rypien has the mechanics, exp, and enough arm strength imo to get it right.

Id be thrilled if they got him and sitting behind Flacco.

TXBRONC
03-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Starter does not have to be a 1st rd pick.

Rypien has the mechanics, exp, and enough arm strength imo to get it right.

Id be thrilled if they got him and sitting behind Flacco.

If Denver drafts a quarterback in the middle rounds, I believe they will still draft one in the 2020 or 2021.

Ground Control
03-01-2019, 10:51 PM
It's still tanking - point is teams are smart and they know how bad their teams are. Elway has this half-baked conception of rosters where he won't reset it because then he's not going full throttle, but he can't actually build a full roster or get a real QB. That's about the worst way to go about constructing a team.

Yep, agreed. It's kind of worse than tanking because it's half-assed tanking. Tanking while the GM deludes himself about his ability. Since the perfect storm hit in 2015, we've been lead along and but into idiot move after idiot move by Elway regarding the QB position. I have even found myself buying into the Flacco lie. I have no choice, after all. I almost wish Elway weren't the ego-***** that he is and just outright tanked. At least then we would know what is happening and things could get exciting when young and unknown players get involved. We may make the playoffs this year and that would be cool but there's no way we're winning it all with Flacco. I've heard that at least Elway is taking his swings and that it's better to swing hard and miss than not swing at all. That's kind of BS considering he had somethhing like 55 million dollars unspent on offense last year. He has lead the Broncos to become the league leader in dead money. That's just bad management and the latter is just banking for stock holders, it's not about winning. Let's not mince words. Elway has mixed priorities. We can say he's the consumate competitor all day long but when push comes to shove, he's a tool in a multi billion dollar franchise.

Maybe allowing the Bowlen children to become what is theirs by right, if it weren't for an old boy's club holding onto what is not theirs, could be a goiod thing? It sure would help if Elway could feel some actual pressure.

Shazam!
03-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Elway and Co. met with Rypien and Jarrett Stidham

Davii
03-02-2019, 07:26 AM

Precisely. You don't always have to trade up take QB, you just have to find the right guy

Jsteve01
03-02-2019, 09:13 AM

Don't you put Mike and Rick in the same class. No unit that Rick has ever run has been top tier if he was totally in control. Any success was because kubes was with him from special teams to o line to oc Rick sucks

Shazam!
03-02-2019, 09:39 AM

Don't you put Mike and Rick in the same class. No unit that Rick has ever run has been top tier if he was totally in control. Any success was because kubes was with him from special teams to o line to oc Rick sucks

Did I put them in the same class? No. And compared to VJ? He is a genius. VJ was a joke.

This is moot anyway amd many weeks ago so im not sure why youd even go that way. But enjoy and continue.to waste your time.

They have fang now and are far better off. No death by inches i love it

TXBRONC
03-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Drafting a guy this year doesn't mean that they feel he'll eventually work out to be their starting quarterback.

Northman
03-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Drafting guy this year doesn't mean that they feel he'll eventually work out be their starting quarterback.

Regardless of where Denver drafts a QB this year it wont mean that QB will succeed. If by some random chance Denver took Haskins at 10 there is ZERO guarantee he would pan out and then Denver would be right back where they started. The idea is not where in the draft to take a QB, its to find the RIGHT one and thus far they have been very bad at doing their research on that position. For all the people clamoring for Denver to take a QB in the first round this year judging by the history so far im not at all confident that we would take the right guy anyway. But we have done generally well taking defenders in the first round (Hello Devin White).

Shazam!
03-02-2019, 10:08 AM
I think promising guys like Rypien arent projects like Lynch and can be had in 2 or 3

Davii
03-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Regardless of where Denver drafts a QB this year it wont mean that QB will succeed. If by some random chance Denver took Haskins at 10 there is ZERO guarantee he would pan out and then Denver would be right back where they started. The idea is not where in the draft to take a QB, its to find the RIGHT one and thus far they have been very bad at doing their research on that position. For all the people clamoring for Denver to take a QB in the first round this year judging by the history so far im not at all confident that we would take the right guy anyway. But we have done generally well taking defenders in the first round (Hello Devin White).

But what if we trade UP for Haskins? Doesn't that raise the chance of success?

Northman
03-02-2019, 10:12 AM
I think promising guys like Rypien arent projects like Lynch and can be had in 2 or 3

Rypien will still be a project but taking him in the 3rd round is not a high risk.

Northman
03-02-2019, 10:12 AM
But what if we trade UP for Haskins? Doesn't that raise the chance of success?

With this organization? Hell no. Lmao

Shazam!
03-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Im sorry i see Haskins and Murray busts all over em

SmilinAssasSin27
03-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Rypien isn't making himself any money today.

Poet
03-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Im sorry i see Haskins and Murray busts all over em

You've essentially guaranteed them Hall of Fame inductions.

Poet
03-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Rypien isn't making himself any money today.

It's because he's not that good

SmilinAssasSin27
03-02-2019, 05:15 PM
It's because he's not that good

He looked damn good until the crossing routes. Had dudes diving for balls.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-02-2019, 05:16 PM
My boy Shurmur looked pretty good all around. He and Stick were my sleepers. Stick was eh.

Elevation inc
03-04-2019, 02:41 AM
Haskins doesn't have bust all over him, he killed the combine throwing drills, and now is in the running for pick 4 in Oakland, with Carr possibly on his way out of Oakland, and they actually like Carr. If Arizona takes Murray he is going to a offense that is tailor made for him....I think Murray could bust in a lot of places including In Denver, but I see him doing some big things in Arizona, based off the scheme and the coach. I see him having some Deshaun Watson type impact year 1 in Arizona. If they don't take him though, I think Oakland will take Murray at 4, pushing Haskins back to the Giants.

TXBRONC
03-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Haskins doesn't have bust all over him, he killed the combine throwing drills, and now is in the running for pick 4 in Oakland, with Carr possibly on his way out of Oakland, and they actually like Carr. If Arizona takes Murray he is going to a offense that is tailor made for him....I think Murray could bust in a lot of places including In Denver, but I see him doing some big things in Arizona, based off the scheme and the coach. I see him having some Deshaun Watson type impact year 1 in Arizona. If they don't take him though, I think Oakland will take Murray at 4, pushing Haskins back to the Giants.

So then who takes Lock?

CoachChaz
03-04-2019, 04:52 PM
I liked Stidham more after his combine workout, but I really hate the offenses he played in at Baylor and Auburn. Going to be a project for sure.

TXBRONC
03-04-2019, 04:58 PM
I liked Stidham more after his combine workout, but I really hate the offenses he played in at Baylor and Auburn. Going to be a project for sure.

I think that's where Denver headed at this point. Getting a guy like Stidham letting him sit and learn. That doesn't mean they won't draft one next year as well.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2019, 05:12 PM

He got worse each year. Hard pass.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2019, 12:31 AM

This is true in any draft, not just when it’s loaded with QB’s (which is debatable for 2020).

Elevation inc
03-13-2019, 03:32 AM
This is true in any draft, not just when it’s loaded with QB’s (which is debatable for 2020).

Don't worry next year the talk will be about how the 2021 draft is loaded and we should wait and instead go get Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Tanehill as our next middling project.....

CoachChaz
03-13-2019, 09:44 AM
Don't worry next year the talk will be about how the 2021 draft is loaded and we should wait and instead go get Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Tanehill as our next middling project.....

We have Flacco for 3 years, so we can wait all the way until 2022 if we want :D

Elevation inc
03-13-2019, 10:12 AM

I hate you :lol:

VonDoom
03-13-2019, 11:09 AM

We had Keenum through this year and that didn’t stop us. Plus none of Flacco’s money is guaranteed so we can drop him and start the cycle over again next year!

Simple Jaded
03-13-2019, 09:30 PM

Zero doubt about that, I don’t understand the gun shy mentality fans have towards drafting QB’s. This team is backed into the corner at that position so they need to come out swinging, Flacco was a good start but they’re not there yet.

Shazam!
03-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Lock
Grier
Rypien
Jones
Stidham

One of these guys will be in Denver next month. Id prefer Lock or Rypien.

Simple Jaded
03-13-2019, 10:16 PM
Rypien should be a late round pick, if you’re going for Journeyman game-manager type maybe they should go with the one with the higher ceiling in Ryan Finley.

Elevation inc
03-14-2019, 02:11 AM
Zero doubt about that, I don’t understand the gun shy mentality fans have towards drafting QB’s. This team is backed into the corner at that position so they need to come out swinging, Flacco was a good start but they’re not there yet.

you had me until you said Flacco was a good start :lol: On this we do not agree haha

Elevation inc
03-14-2019, 02:12 AM
Lock
Grier
Rypien
Jones
Stidham

One of these guys will be in Denver next month. Id prefer Lock or Rypien.

don't forget Clayton Thorson lol...coach loves him :lol: ;)

Elevation inc
03-14-2019, 02:13 AM
Rypien should be a late round pick, if you’re going for Journeyman game-manager type maybe they should go with the one with the higher ceiling in Ryan Finley.

Athletically your probably right, however he showed well this off-season so far in interviews, and football IQ...so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go in rd 4 or 5

MOtorboat
03-14-2019, 03:36 AM
don't forget Clayton Thorson lol...coach loves him :lol:

Please tell me this is only a joke.

Elevation inc
03-14-2019, 04:53 AM
Please tell me this is only a joke.

I don't like your tone MO :lol:....Yes its a joke Coach isn't a fan at all. I actually Like him as a prospect so its kind of a inside thing between me and him. The kid can ball scouts are coming around on him and his tape, he has gotten a 3rd rd grade from t least 10 teams, despite being hurt for the SB and combine.....you will probably see him go in rd 3 or 4 if he has a good pro day to confirm what scouts see on tape......so stop hating lol

SmilinAssasSin27
03-14-2019, 06:21 AM
Shurmur late

Simple Jaded
03-15-2019, 03:39 PM
you had me until you said Flacco was a good start :lol: On this we do not agree haha

No I get your apprehension, but I said “good start” for a reason, there’s more work to be done. But at least they’re not pissing down my back and telling me it’s raining, Joe Flacco is an NFL starting QB, I’m still waiting to see if Lamar Jackson is an NFL starting QB.

Btw, this trade was a sign to me that Elway loves me more than you.

Simple Jaded
03-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Clayton Thorson is dropping but Russ Lande likes him as a late-round developmental QB.

Shazam!
04-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Elway KILLED IT in this Draft.

Got TWO great QB prospects.

Im ****in stoked.

Nomad
04-27-2019, 06:56 PM
Elway KILLED IT in this Draft.

Got TWO great QB prospects.

Im ****in stoked.

Who was the other QB drafted?

Nomad
04-27-2019, 07:02 PM
Who was the other QB drafted?

Never mind. After searching, I see Broncos signed Rypien. I didn't see the signed undrafted players in any headlines.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2019, 10:53 PM
Barf.

Tangerine
04-28-2019, 08:54 AM
QB that most likely will be drafted early that no one is talking about - Duke QB - Daniel Jones. Mannning has been talking him up and he runs pseudo pro system. Good, not great arm Good Foot work and understand the offense and plays well from the pocket. More mobility then he is given credit for.

Somebody get this guy a trophy or something.... prophet over here

WARHORSE
04-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Rypien is pretty underrated...for now. I think once scouts really start to dig into his tape and we see the combine numbers, he's going to shoot up charts. I'd have him as a top 5 QB in NCAA right now. Most impressive thing about him is the intangibles. All the little things he does that matter. Don't see it very often with college QB's

Im in agreement.....how he went undrafted we will never know but I love what I see, even more than Daniel Jones. I think Lock has more upside, but its simply due to his arm.

I would not be surprised in the least if Rypien turns out to be the heir vs Lock.

At all.

WARHORSE
04-28-2019, 01:53 PM
Know what you mean even though only one was drafted........Rypien will compete hard imo.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Good god almighty, here we go.

Lock is so ******, he should demand a trade.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2019, 11:02 PM
The only thing Lock has over Rypien is size, talent and experience/level of competition, I’d rather have the guy that has none of that.

Poet
04-28-2019, 11:02 PM
Rypien is a scrub. We just drafted a guy with a legitimate round one grade on him. Don't disparage Lock by comparing him to a meh-armed Keenum type.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2019, 11:04 PM
Rypien is a scrub. We just drafted a guy with a legitimate round one grade on him. Don't disparage Lock by comparing him to a meh-armed Keenum type.

Rypien has “It” I bet.

Poet
04-28-2019, 11:08 PM
Rypien has “It” I bet.

A weak arm and barely enough talent to be in the league?

'It' isn't all that 'it' is cracked up to be.

Lock all day, baby.

Shazam!
04-28-2019, 11:08 PM

Hes a scrub without you watching any of his play or his 90+ TD passes huh

Not a single person here said he's better than Lock. Please stop.

Poet
04-28-2019, 11:10 PM

Warhorse's post...I've seen Rypien's 'tape'.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2019, 11:13 PM
Bump this thread in 6 months and tell me I’m wrong, I have seen the future, because Broncos fans have always hated talent.

Nomad
04-28-2019, 11:20 PM
Bump this thread in 6 months and tell me I’m wrong, I have seen the future, because Broncos fans have always hated talent.

About what? You want your gold sticker?

Shazam!
04-28-2019, 11:29 PM
OMG

Denver's QB room is gonna be 10x better than before

Keenum
Hogan
Grayson (after Kelly fiasco)

Flacco
Lock
Rypien

Wtf is the problem? Its an embarassment of riches in comparison

Poet
04-28-2019, 11:33 PM
All hail the undrafted Kubiak type QB. Boost him up and talk about how it wouldn't be shocking for him to be the "heir," per Warhorse. Then get defensive about said QB and post his college numbers.

/shit

Davii
04-28-2019, 11:34 PM

I'm sure he's watched highlights.

Shazam!
04-28-2019, 11:39 PM
All hail the undrafted Kubiak type QB. Boost him up and talk about how it wouldn't be shocking for him to be the "heir," per Warhorse. Then get defensive about said QB and post his college numbers.

/shit

You did see my OP clamoring for him LAST YEAR right!?

They got not one but TWO talented young QBs and all you wanna do is trash Rypien and War's comment ?

Competition is good. It will push Lock all the more

To say he has no talent is ridiculous.

Shazam!
04-28-2019, 11:40 PM

I'm sure he's watched highlights.

I dont doubt for a second that he did not.

Poet
04-28-2019, 11:41 PM
You did see my OP clamoring for him LAST YEAR right!?

They got not one but TWO talented young QBs and all you wanna do is trash Rypien and War's comment ?

Competition is good. It will push Lock all the more

To say he has no talent is ridiculous.

Great, so you've like a lousy QB who can't even get drafted for quite some time?

Rypien wasn't drafted. Because he's not talented. His best case scenario under any realism is career backup. I refuse to be excited about that type of player.

He is of low NFL talent. One day, if he gets a little lucky, he can become the next Case Keenum.

Poet
04-28-2019, 11:42 PM
I dont doubt for a second that he did not.

Yeah, I didn't think he was worth drafting. 32 GMs agree.

Davii
04-28-2019, 11:52 PM
Great, so you've like a lousy QB who can't even get drafted for quite some time?

Rypien wasn't drafted. Because he's not talented. His best case scenario under any realism is career backup. I refuse to be excited about that type of player.

He is of low NFL talent. One day, if he gets a little lucky, he can become the next Case Keenum.

Disagree. He wasn't blue chip talent but he has some skills.

I hope Lock is the future and I hope Rypien is good enough to be a good trade chip in a few years

Shazam!
04-28-2019, 11:55 PM

I hope Lock is the future and I hope Rypien is good enough to be a good trade chip in a few years

He could absolutely be worth something in the future. Kid has skills. Keenum shouldn't be the example.

Poet
04-28-2019, 11:56 PM

He was enough skills to maybe turn into someone TS. That's his ceiling. Much ado about nothing.

Hawgdriver
04-29-2019, 01:35 AM
He was enough skills to maybe turn into someone TS. That's his ceiling. Much ado about nothing.

Are you using a wisdom of crowds theory with your draft round stamping on a prospect's value? It seems solid but not as ironclad you would want to make it seem. Why do you argue it so vehemently? If Tom Brady didn't have such an average arm, I could see where you are going with this. With so much of the game between the ears, and so much of making it to the game with something between the ears dependent on character attributes, I could see it. If it was just a track meet, I'm with you.

I can never understand your ultimatum style prejudgment. I know you are a sharp guy though, and I don't take your opinions lightly :)

Shazam!
04-29-2019, 05:32 AM
Not a single person clamored for him as the next PM or JE. I thought of him as a cheap arm with some experience, but to say the kid has no talent or anything is ridiculous.

Shazam!
04-29-2019, 08:41 AM

Are you using a wisdom of crowds theory with your draft round stamping on a prospect's value? It seems solid but not as ironclad you would want to make it seem. Why do you argue it so vehemently? If Tom Brady didn't have such an average arm, I could see where you are going with this. With so much of the game between the ears, and so much of making it to the game with something between the ears dependent on character attributes, I could see it. If it was just a track meet, I'm with you.

I can never understand your ultimatum style prejudgment. I know you are a sharp guy though, and I don't take your opinions lightly :)

Wah wah wah Brett Rypien sucks because I say so wah wah wah

Poet
04-29-2019, 09:46 AM

Well, 32 other GMs agree that he's not worth drafting.

And let's see, why would I not want a weak armed QB? Is it because they can't challenge the entire field? Is it because they tend to make it easier to defend against the run because of that? Is it beacuse they can't work the sidelines, thus hurting them and the team when it's a two minute drill? Is it because they want the talent of speedy/athletic WRs? Is it beacuse we've literally had a slew of them come in and stink up the joint?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brett-rypien

In that he recruits his full body to generate velocity, does not have amazing arm strength, and throws to the sideline will peter out if he can't set a clean base. Likewise, is strained to his limit when attacking outside of the numbers deep, and will frequently put the ball closer to the numbers than to the sideline, which gives CBs plenty of room to make a play. Panics under pressure and often makes ill-advised "hope" throws when under duress; not an escapist. Little small for NFL standards.

See that bolded part right there? That's a hallmark of TS and Keenum. Hard ******* pass.

WARHORSE
04-29-2019, 10:36 AM
Well, 32 other GMs agree that he's not worth drafting.

And let's see, why would I not want a weak armed QB? Is it because they can't challenge the entire field? Is it because they tend to make it easier to defend against the run because of that? Is it beacuse they can't work the sidelines, thus hurting them and the team when it's a two minute drill? Is it because they want the talent of speedy/athletic WRs? Is it beacuse we've literally had a slew of them come in and stink up the joint?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brett-rypien

In that he recruits his full body to generate velocity, does not have amazing arm strength, and throws to the sideline will peter out if he can't set a clean base. Likewise, is strained to his limit when attacking outside of the numbers deep, and will frequently put the ball closer to the numbers than to the sideline, which gives CBs plenty of room to make a play. Panics under pressure and often makes ill-advised "hope" throws when under duress; not an escapist. Little small for NFL standards.

See that bolded part right there? That's a hallmark of TS and Keenum. Hard ******* pass.

I think your points are valid. Rypien could end up being a PS player, theres no doubt.

We all know there are 32 GMs that agreed he wasnt worth drafting....good point.

In my book, the draft is so much about potential, floor and ceiling.

Rypien doesnt seem to have a lot of room to go up physically.

But his production in college is comparable to all.

Thats why I think Joe Dineen will be playing soon.....just look at the mans production. 142 tackles last year...109 solo. Thats stinking production. Reminds me of Trevathan.

Rypien played well and produced as well. We can talk about level of competition, etc.....but remember....that same level surrounds the man on his own team.

Production.......that always has a chance in the NFL.

To me anyway.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2019, 03:49 PM

I think he sux because he bounced a handful of balls in basic drills during the combine.

Nomad
04-29-2019, 03:51 PM
I think he sux because he bounced a handful of balls in basic drills during the combine.

Broncos does have the QB whisperer at OC.

Cugel
04-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Since Rypien is destined for the Practice Squad, does it matter? He's a camp arm. They probably go into the season with 2 QBs, Flacco and Lock with Rypien on PS just in case they need another backup.

Shazam!
04-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Rypien getting a guaranteed 6 figure UFA deal. Keep in mind Lindsay got $15k.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Brett-Rypien-six-figure-guarantee-UDFA-contract-Denver-Broncos-131645320/

tripp
04-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Love giving UDFA QB's a chance to compete, you never know.

Shazam!
04-29-2019, 08:20 PM
I am quite happy with ALL of Denver's new QBs

Davii
04-29-2019, 08:35 PM
Since Rypien is destined for the Practice Squad, does it matter? He's a camp arm. They probably go into the season with 2 QBs, Flacco and Lock with Rypien on PS just in case they need another backup.

They paid him 100k signing bonus... He's probably NOT going to the PS. Chances are we're carrying 3QBs on the 53 but only dressing 2.

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 08:40 PM
Love giving UFA QB's a chance to compete, you never know.

Denver has a long history of bringing in UDFA quarterback. I wish him the best but he's probably not going get a huge opportunity to show his wares. That said, I think he has chance to make the roster.

TXBRONC
04-29-2019, 08:49 PM
They paid him 100k signing bonus... He's probably NOT going to the PS. Chances are we're carrying 3QBs on the 53 but only dressing 2.

Have carried less than 3 quarterbacks on the roster since Elway became the GM? I honestly don't remember Denver carrying less than three.

Elevation inc
04-30-2019, 07:32 AM
I think they want Flacco, Lock and Rypien as the 3 QB's...Hogan is a bum and so is Grayson....Rypien is being given a shot to be the 3rd QB or at least our PS QB. We will see how good he is quickly this pre-season. Rypien strikes me as a upgraded TS. Better field and pocket awareness and probably better mobility though.