ShaneFalco
10-30-2018, 05:01 PM
just now on the fan.

"do you want to continue to be a bronco?"

Sanders "I dont know, i dont know, i work my butt off, but well see"

LMAO.

ShaneFalco
10-30-2018, 05:02 PM
so much for cutting the team cancer in kelly.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-30-2018, 05:15 PM
Let it go, Shane. Kelly is gone - and it’s all his doing. Today is a day for mourning DT’s trade and celebrating his time as a Bronco, not crying over Mr Irrelevant.

ShaneFalco
10-30-2018, 05:19 PM
i bet sanders wishes he was the one traded to the texans

Northman
10-30-2018, 05:27 PM
Well, if he doesnt want to be a Bronco im sure Elway can find a landing place for him. I get it, he and a lot of the other players love DT but at the end of the day its still a business and the team needs to do what is in its best interest. If Sanders feels like he doesnt want to be here than i guess he can inform John and they can ship him out accordingly. As a fan i want players who actually want to be here so i wish Eman the best if he doesnt want to remain a Bronco.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Well, if he doesnt want to be a Bronco im sure Elway can find a landing place for him. I get it, he and a lot of the other players love DT but at the end of the day its still a business and the team needs to do what is in its best interest. If Sanders feels like he doesnt want to be here than i guess he can inform John and they can ship him out accordingly. As a fan i want players who actually want to be here so i wish Eman the best if he doesnt want to remain a Bronco.

You know this really has nothing to do with ES, right? Shane is still just looking for any reason to bring up Kelly and engage people in his personal pity party.

ShaneFalco
10-30-2018, 05:35 PM
You know this really has nothing to do with ES, right? Shane is still just looking for any reason to bring up Kelly and engage people in his personal pity party.

then **** off outta my thread.

Northman
10-30-2018, 05:40 PM

The Kelly stuff aside if ES was asked point blank if he wanted to remain a Bronco and he was unsure than my point kind of stands. I know where Shane falls on the Kelly issue and i know he is just pouting but im also not surprised that ES is acting like a baby about the DT movie either. I dont even care about Kelly as he is a doofus who couldnt stay out of trouble, he now lies in the bed he has made.

Poet
10-30-2018, 05:54 PM
I've long argued that ES got a pass for a lot of his ******y.

I wanted to keep DT and rework his deal so he could be the guy for the new QB to lean on. ES isn't that guy. ES isn't the type of guy that anyone can lean on.

I'm over him.

nevcraw
10-30-2018, 07:08 PM
I get His frustration. Love sanders but he will prob be gone after the year anyway with the new guys stepping up and the need to rebuild. He and DT got to taste the sweet nector of Manning and then they have had to deal with the fallout of not having a qb ready to take over. Not his fault. He’s been an awesome Bronco and deserves to wish for a better outcome.

Dapper Dan
10-30-2018, 07:11 PM
Bye Felicia.

atwater27
10-30-2018, 08:25 PM
Emmanuel Sanders is a badass and a great Bronco. I harbor no ill will for him no matter what happens. He leaves it on the field every Sunday. If anyone here has beef with him, I would have to question your fanhood.

Poet
10-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Emmanuel Sanders is a badass and a great Bronco. I harbor no ill will for him no matter what happens. He leaves it on the field every Sunday. If anyone here has beef with him, I would have to question your fanhood.

He's the same guy who complained when he thought we were going to bring in a new/young QB, who cheered when we signed Keenum, who went from yeah we want Cousins to Keenum is better, to having issues in the locker room to having TD reversing penalties He's a helluva player. He's also a bit of an ass.

Northman
10-30-2018, 08:36 PM

I love him as a player, even more so than DT which is why im not shedding any tears about DT. But, if Sanders feels he does not want to be in Denver than i do take issue with that. As i said before, its a business and players get moved all the time but if he is taking it personally and is unsure if he wants to be a Bronco than the door is that way ------>

BroncoWave
10-30-2018, 08:48 PM
Likely his best friend on the team got traded today. He's probably emotional. I'm reading literally nothing into comments he's made today.

Dapper Dan
10-30-2018, 08:49 PM

Well he doesn't want to be on our team so there's that. Follow him to his new team.

Dapper Dan
10-30-2018, 08:50 PM
Likely his best friend on the team got traded today. He's probably emotional. I'm reading literally nothing into comments he's made today.

I wish DT was my best friend.

VonDoom
10-30-2018, 09:55 PM
Got a link to this interview? I’d like to hear the question and tone and not just take your word for it.

No one on Twitter has mentioned this at all, even that shit stirrer DMac.

Stop making everything about Kelly. If you’re so disgruntled, stop watching this team and stop posting the same stuff over and over

Gimpygod
10-30-2018, 10:42 PM

So you are thinking of Sanders as a human being who makes his living playing a game that requires massive passion for success and judging him accordingly? Pfft, what a maroon!:shocked:

Dapper Dan
10-30-2018, 10:47 PM
So you are thinking of Sanders as a human being who makes his living playing a game that requires massive passion for success and judging him accordingly? Pfft, what a maroon!:shocked:

Dont come in here pissin on my rug, man.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2018, 11:03 PM
just now on the fan.

"do you want to continue to be a bronco?"

Sanders "I dont know, i dont know, i work my butt off, but well see"

LMAO.

Found this on the fan - Emmanuel talking - Nothing in this one like you said. Maybe you can find that one.

http://1043thefan.com/2077907/video-sanders-demaryius-thomas/

GEM
10-30-2018, 11:21 PM
I didn't hear anything like that. He was sad about dt, but said he understood its the business. Said he'll work hard now being the team's #1 receiver.

GEM
10-30-2018, 11:22 PM
If it was said, dmac would crucify him for it. He hates Sanders.

Davii
10-30-2018, 11:36 PM
Sanders follows me on Twitter. He's not just a Bronco, he's on Team Davii.

Simple Jaded
10-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Dmac probably hates puppies and guilt-free handjobs too, I bet.

ShaneFalco
10-31-2018, 02:24 AM
you know what. **** this.

they were playing it on the fan all damn day.

tell me to commit suicide, then troll the shit outta my threads.

go **** yourselves.

MOtorboat
10-31-2018, 02:50 AM
He said it. http://1043thefan.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10023356&sid=1171&n=Pritchard+and+Cecil

But what it was wasn’t what Shane wants it to be. It was a guy who wants to get paid on a third contract, and doesn’t really want to get cut so he can get his $10 million next year, who skirted the question so he wouldn’t give any leverage away publicly. He wants to get paid. That’s what that is about. It was separate from the Thomas conversation, even if Pritchard included Thomas leaving in the question.

VonDoom
10-31-2018, 07:21 AM

How much did you have to pay him for that? :lol:

Davii
10-31-2018, 07:26 AM
How much did you have to pay him for that? :lol:

Nada. I don't know why he started following me. Maybe because Ryan Harris does, I don't know. He has followed me on Twitter since shortly after his arrival in Denver.

Elevation inc
10-31-2018, 07:36 AM
you know what. **** this.

they were playing it on the fan all damn day.

tell me to commit suicide, then troll the shit outta my threads.

go **** yourselves.

Don't get mad at the trolling aspect as your quite good at it yourself....plus people wouldn't troll this if you kept the context, instead of twisting things to change a narrative. I actually am on your side a little with Kelly being cut, not a fan of that, as we have worse characters making money on this team like brock and pacman. So I get why you might be upset, but your also kind of out of control with the drama. Either way Shane I wish you the best, and I hope Kelly lands on his feet to, cause I think we can all agree at this point that Keenum isn't the answer.....

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 09:33 AM
He said it. http://1043thefan.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10023356&sid=1171&n=Pritchard+and+CecilBut what it was wasn’t what Shane wants it to be. It was a guy who wants to get paid on a third contract, and doesn’t really want to get cut so he can get his $10 million next year, who skirted the question so he wouldn’t give any leverage away publicly. He wants to get paid. That’s what that is about. It was separate from the Thomas conversation, even if Pritchard included Thomas leaving in the question.

Agree it's the background that informs the sentiment.

He also is plainly skeptical of the Broncos ability to contend. He sounds a bit despondent about it, like he will do everything within his control but it's out of his hands and common sense prevails.

Part of the frustration is how uncompetitive the Broncos are, and Keenum is central in that. Kelly in preseason showed enough to give him a run at starter.

But he botched it.

Sure, the Broncos could have overlooked it. But they didn't. There are good reasons for that. It's on Kelly. It doesn't get that far if he's a good teammate, he'd have his boys lock him up before it escalated.

My problem is that some of us seem to refuse to acknowledge fault.

Freyaka
10-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Maybe Manny and your boy swag can go play catch in the CFL...

Falco, move on. Drop your unhealthy obsession and move the hell on, Swags never coming back man, neither is Tebow. Move the hell on already because no one else gives a crap....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2018, 10:00 AM
Word.
Josina Anderson follows me. We’ve even had a few back and forth dialogues.

Freyaka
10-31-2018, 10:01 AM

I don't follow you on twitter... Team Davii is overrated.

DenBronx
10-31-2018, 10:52 AM
Nah, I listened to the interview, nothing like what was posted in this thread. He actually said he’s looking forward to being the new number 1. He gave DT all the respect in the world. Emmanuel is playing his ass off right now. He said he has about 3-4 good years left.

Nice ****ing twist job Shane. All because you’re sour of Kelly the loon.

DenBronx
10-31-2018, 10:54 AM
Sanders is playing at a much higher level than DT. I know that is hard to hear from a lot of you but he isn’t even showing signs of drop off either.

MasterShake
10-31-2018, 12:41 PM
Emmanuel Sanders always comes to play, and as long as he is a Bronco he will be one of my favorites.

Davii
10-31-2018, 05:54 PM
I don't follow you on twitter... Team Davii is overrated.

You're missing out man. I tweet Bronco stuff about once every few months and I retweet Marine Corps stuff about as often.

Your loss buddy.

Davii
10-31-2018, 05:55 PM
Emmanuel Sanders always comes to play, and as long as he is a Bronco he will be one of my favorites.

Man, you should make a signature pic of Terrell morphing into Lindsay, or side by side, or something like that.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-31-2018, 06:30 PM
Emmanuel Sanders Not Sounding Excited To Be A Bronco In Wake Of DT Trade

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/10/31/emmanuel-sanders-denver-broncos-2/

FanInAZ
10-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Emmanuel Sanders Not Sounding Excited To Be A Bronco In Wake Of DT Trade

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/10/31/emmanuel-sanders-denver-broncos-2/

I reads like someone interpreted the video you just posted the same way Shane did.

Northman
10-31-2018, 06:53 PM
I reads like someone interpreted the video you just posted the same way Shane did.

I was going to say Shane got blasted for his post but this guy is saying the same thing that Shane did. There is no mention of contract talks that Mo brought up.

My guy tells me that Sanders’ response to Pritchard’s query was more that of extreme disappointment that his teammate had been traded, and perhaps carried an envious tone that Thomas was dealt to a team with a hot young QB in Deshaun Watson.

MOtorboat
10-31-2018, 07:04 PM
I was going to say Shane got blasted for his post but this guy is saying the same thing that Shane did. There is no mention of contract talks that Mo brought up.

They were asking about his future in Denver, he’s owed a good chunk of change next year, and there were rumors he’d be traded because of that too or might be cut because of it, and I assumed he wants to get another contract because he also said he wants to play for 14-15 years (total). He didn’t say the word contract but any question about his future, specifically in Denver which was the question, includes contracts and negotiations.

I interpreted his “I don’t know,” as “I don’t know what the future holds because of my contract situation and being an unrestricted free agent in 2019” not “I don’t know if I want to be a Bronco.” And I think that’s the correct interpretation.

Davii
10-31-2018, 07:09 PM
#StandWithMO

FanInAZ
10-31-2018, 07:11 PM

Its a know fact that conflict gets rating, is specially when it comes to the news. Although not all reporters will invent conflict where there is none, some find it the best way to get the attention they need to get the rating they want. Shane is Shane.

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:12 PM
They were asking about his future in Denver, he’s owed a good chunk of change next year, and there were rumors he’d be traded because of that too or might be cut because of it, and I assumed he wants to get another contract because he also said he wants to play for 14-15 years (total). He didn’t say the word contract but any question about his future, specifically in Denver which was the question, includes contracts and negotiations.

I interpreted his “I don’t know,” as “I don’t know what the future holds because of my contract situation and being an unrestricted free agent in 2019” not “I don’t know if I want to be a Bronco.” And I think that’s the correct interpretation.

Yea, thats not how im interpreting or what the guy in the article is saying though. You could be right but again when you are asked point blank whether or not you want to be a Bronco and you say "i dont know" that leaves the door pretty wide open and doesnt sound very convincing that he wants to remain in Denver.

MOtorboat
10-31-2018, 07:13 PM
Yea, thats not how im interpreting or what the guy in the article is saying though. You could be right but again when you are asked point blank whether or not you want to be a Bronco and you say "i dont know" that leaves the door pretty wide open and doesnt sound very convincing that he wants to remain in Denver.

That wasn't the question. The question was, paraphrasing, what does the future hold for you in Denver? Not, paraphrasing, do you want to be a Bronco?

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:17 PM
Its a know fact that conflict gets rating, is specially when it comes to the news. Although not all reporters will invent conflict where there is none, some find it the best way to get the attention they need to get the rating they want. Shane is Shane.

The problem for me is his immediate response to a specific question. If i ask you do you like the Broncos and you say "i dont know" i could assume that you are a fair weathered fan based on that response. At this point im more apt to believe Wave's POV that because Sanders was friends with DT that his "i dont know" is in response to him being disappointed about DT's trade. But when you say "i dont know" to a direct question of whether you want to be a Denver Bronco it tells me you are not sure you want to be in Denver. Take Derek Wolfe for example, that guy let it known that he wants to be a Denver Bronco, even Von has said he wants to finish his career as a Bronco. Saying i dont know tells me as a fan that you really are not happy be a Bronco. Again, could be just an emotional response since he was basically put on the spot while DT had just gotten traded but i dont really see that as a response to contract stuff. IMO

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:19 PM
That wasn't the question. The question was, paraphrasing, what does the future hold for you in Denver? Not, paraphrasing, do you want to be a Bronco?

Maybe you heard something different because the article states this "Then the veteran radio host addressed the elephant in the room, asking Sanders, “Do you want to continue to be a Denver Bronco?”

MOtorboat
10-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Maybe you heard something different because the article states this "Then the veteran radio host addressed the elephant in the room, asking Sanders, “Do you want to continue to be a Denver Bronco?”

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but I don't think so.

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:24 PM
Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but I don't think so.

I guess i dont understand your confusion, thats a pretty direct question to me.

FanInAZ
10-31-2018, 07:25 PM
The problem for me is his immediate response to a specific question. If i ask you do you like the Broncos and you say "i dont know" i could assume that you are a fair weathered fan based on that response. At this point im more apt to believe Wave's POV that because Sanders was friends with DT that his "i dont know" is in response to him being disappointed about DT's trade. But when you say "i dont know" to a direct question of whether you want to be a Denver Bronco it tells me you are not sure you want to be in Denver. Take Derek Wolfe for example, that guy let it known that he wants to be a Denver Bronco, even Von has said he wants to finish his career as a Bronco. Saying i dont know tells me as a fan that you really are not happy be a Bronco. Again, could be just an emotional response since he was basically put on the spot while DT had just gotten traded but i dont really see that as a response to contract stuff. IMO

Did you watch a different video then what Carol posted? Sanders' demeanor in the video I watched was textbook upbeat professionalism without a hind of negative emotions.

FanInAZ
10-31-2018, 07:26 PM

Please provide me with the exact time stamp so I can focus in on the statement that your referring to.

MOtorboat
10-31-2018, 07:27 PM
I guess i dont understand your confusion, thats a pretty direct question to me.

When I listened to it, I didn’t feel like it was that direct. Like I said, maybe I misinterpreted or misheard Pritchard’s question, but it was a whole lot longer than “Do you want to be a Bronco.”

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:27 PM
Did you watch a different video then what Carol posted? Sanders' demeanor in the video I watched was textbook upbeat professionalism without a hind of negative emotions.

I watched the video she posted as well as what was quoted in the actual article. I dont think ES has to have a negative emotion to what we are talking about. No one is saying he wasnt professional in his interview. The issue i am taking up is that he was asked a direct question of whether or not he wants to continue to be a Denver Bronco to which he replys "i dont know". Instead of saying you know "hell yes, i want to be a Bronco".

BeefStew25
10-31-2018, 07:34 PM
Fake news. Media needs clicks.

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:34 PM
I went back and listened to it again and can see what your talking about but his answer is still a strange one when asked. I guess my expectation is i want to hear him say "yes, i want to continue to be a Bronco" but i understand why you dont see it like that.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 07:39 PM
#StandWithMO

MO has it right, but if I was E-man I'd not be feeling great playing for an 8-8 (ish) type club with Keenum behind center. That dude is a diva but he's monumentally tough and balls like a perfect sphere. He's soooooo competitive. How can you not feel bummed when DT leaves?? Me and him are on the same page.

FanInAZ
10-31-2018, 07:41 PM
I watched the video she posted as well as what was quoted in the actual article. I dont think ES has to have a negative emotion to what we are talking about. No one is saying he wasnt professional in his interview. The issue i am taking up is that he was asked a direct question of whether or not he wants to continue to be a Denver Bronco to which he replys "i dont know". Instead of saying you know "hell yes, i want to be a Bronco".

I think I just figured out the problem, the video that Carol posted only show about 2 1/2 minutes of the interview. Mo posted a link the pod cast of the entire 3rd hour, so I guess I'm going to have to listen to the entire 43:18 segment to hear the quote your referring to. I'll withhold any further comment until I finish it.

MOtorboat
10-31-2018, 07:43 PM
I went back and listened to it again and can see what your talking about but his answer is still a strange one when asked. I guess my expectation is i want to hear him say "yes, i want to continue to be a Bronco" but i understand why you dont see it like that.

It’s not really his choice at this point, which is why I’ve been interpreting his answer the way I have.

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:48 PM
I think I just figured out the problem, the video that Carol posted only show about 2 1/2 minutes of the interview. Mo posted a link the pod cast of the entire 3rd hour, so I guess I'm going to have to listen to the entire 43:18 segment to hear the quote your referring to. I'll withhold any further comment until I finish it.

No, actually MO has it right in terms of more context of what is going on but its still problematic for me with his initial response but that is a personal issue of mine. If a player (one that i like) is asked if they want to remain a Bronco and they dont immediately say "hell yes" than i take that as someone who really doesnt cares if he is a Bronco or not. But the reality is probably a lot like MO says and Sanders doesnt know what the future holds for him in Denver because as we all know the business side can often dictate what happens to you and not always by choice. Still, as a fan i would rather hear the words "yes, i want to be a Bronco" rather than "i dont know". But thats just me i guess.

Hawgdriver
It’s not really his choice at this point, which is why I’ve been interpreting his answer the way I have.

There's really nothing to talk about, he gave his honest thoughts, nbd, it's not shocking in any form. Let's talk about interesting stuff, if there's any to be had.

BeefStew25

The pay will ease his heart

Davii
10-31-2018, 07:50 PM
MO has it right, but if I was E-man I'd not be feeling great playing for an 8-8 (ish) type club with Keenum behind center. That dude is a diva but he's monumentally tough and balls like a perfect sphere. He's soooooo competitive. How can you not feel bummed when DT leaves?? Me and him are on the same page.

So am I! I'm completely bummed that this is what is come to. If we had a better team and were competitive there's no way we'd be trading DT.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 07:53 PM
But thats just me i guess.

Yeah, it's just you. :heh:

Northman
10-31-2018, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it's just you. :heh:

Yea, but i dont care if we trade your ass off of this forum!

FanInAZ
10-31-2018, 08:00 PM
No, actually MO has it right in terms of more context of what is going on but its still problematic for me with his initial response but that is a personal issue of mine. If a player (one that i like) is asked if they want to remain a Bronco and they dont immediately say "hell yes" than i take that as someone who really doesnt cares if he is a Bronco or not. But the reality is probably a lot like MO says and Sanders doesnt know what the future holds for him in Denver because as we all know the business side can often dictate what happens to you and not always by choice. Still, as a fan i would rather hear the words "yes, i want to be a Bronco" rather than "i dont know". But thats just me i guess.

I think someone needs to post a link to Sanders making the statement that you & MO are debating become I'm not hearing anyone asking that specific question, nor those actual words coming out of his mouth, in any of the links post in this thread.

I've made it through the 1st 10 minutes of the pod cast MO posted & I'd have to say that Cecil is being a "Chicken Little" that can't see past this Sunday, while Pritchard demonstrating that he has a good grasp of big picture matters that will impact the Broncos for years to come.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 08:03 PM
Yea, but i dont care if we trade your ass off of this forum!

I just keep my head down an grind. (Looking for his 3d contract)

Poet
10-31-2018, 08:05 PM
I just keep my head down an grind. (Looking for his 3d contract)

They almost traded me for a spam sandwich.

These hoes ain't loyal!

Northman
10-31-2018, 08:06 PM
I think someone needs to post a link to Sanders making the statement that you & MO are debating become I'm not hearing anyone asking that specific question, nor those actual words coming out of his mouth, in any of the links post in this thread.

I've made it through the 1st 10 minutes of the pod cast MO posted & I'd have to say that Cecil is being a "Chicken Little" that can't see past this Sunday, while Pritchard demonstrating that he has a good grasp of big picture matters that will impact the Broncos for years to come.

At the 8:30 mark

https://omny.fm/shows/104-3-the-fan-interviews/emmanuel-sanders-with-pritchard-and-cecil-10-30-18

Davii
10-31-2018, 08:24 PM
They almost traded me for a spam sandwich.

These hoes ain't loyal!

Wait, we received an offer for a ham sandwich? Shit. I said sell high, I guess someone thought we could do better. Fools.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2018, 08:33 PM
He said he didn’t know if he wanted to be the #1 guy in Denver going forward. I don’t think there is any vagueness to his comment. He’ll continue to play hard, but I don’t care if he’s gone next year.

He’s going to a place that will pay him.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2018, 08:40 PM
Word.
Josina Anderson follows me. We’ve even had a few back and forth dialogues.

I’d hit it.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2018, 08:43 PM
ES is currently in his 4th contract, just sayin.

2 with Stealers and 2 with Broncos.

FanInAZ
10-31-2018, 08:44 PM
OK, I listen to it very close & realized that Pritchard actually brought up 2 separate aspects of Sanders’ future without giving him an opportunity to respond to them separately.

Pritchard: “Do you want to continue be a Denver Bronco? I mean I think the door is wide open for you to be the guy around here.”

Sanders: “I don’t know. I don’t know, we’ll see.”

This exchange occurred 7½ minutes into the interview. He had brought up earlier that there’s also been trade rumors. So was his response directed towards the question that he was asked 1st, or the assumption that he was going “to be the guy around” here moving forward past this season. This suggests to me that he’s not 100% certain whether or not he might be traded during the off season.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 08:46 PM
Pritchard: “Do you want to continue be a Denver Bronco? I mean I think the door is wide open for you to be the guy around here.”

Sanders: “I don’t know. I don’t know, we’ll see.”

Classic misquote. Headline should read: "The door is wide open for you here." "I don't know, we'll see."

:yawn:

But nah, let's invent shit that's more interesting.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2018, 08:53 PM
Classic misquote. Headline should read: "The door is wide open for you here." "I don't know, we'll see."

:yawn:

But nah, let's invent shit that's more interesting.

I’m not so sure. I heard him say exactly what AZ posted. I was honestly expecting something different, assuming Shane was taking it out of context.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 08:54 PM
I’m not so sure. I heard him say exactly what AZ posted. I was honestly expecting something different, assuming Shane was taking it out of context.

Yeah, there's no 'go Broncos' in it at all. But I can't say I feel much different. Besides, those are just words. His actions tell a story more powerful than any of that crap.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2018, 09:52 PM
Yeah, there's no 'go Broncos' in it at all. But I can't say I feel much different. Besides, those are just words. His actions tell a story more powerful than any of that crap.

I agree, and at the same time I won’t care when he’s gone. He’s the player I hate to love.

BroncoWave
10-31-2018, 09:58 PM
Sanders gives 110% every time he's on the field. As long as he does that, I could give a shit what he says in an interview.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Sanders gives 110% every time he's on the field. As long as he does that, I could give a shit what he says in an interview.

To an extent I agree

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2018, 11:12 PM
I agree, and at the same time I won’t care when he’s gone. He’s the player I hate to love.

I’m not sure if I really mean this. I’d miss his play on the field.

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 11:14 PM

I figure he's got more right to have an opinion about the Broncos than I do, he's bled a lot. I got his back. Give the man the ball Case! Billy!

Poet
10-31-2018, 11:14 PM

He's a tool. Fans have had DT to kick around so we ignore ES' warts. The offense has been bad so long that we ignore his warts. Good player? Yeah. Full blown cancer? No. But he's a doucher.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-31-2018, 11:16 PM
He's a tool. Fans have had DT to kick around so we ignore ES' warts. The offense has been bad so long that we ignore his warts. Good player? Yeah. Full blown cancer? No. But he's a doucher.
Agreed

Hawgdriver
10-31-2018, 11:16 PM
Agreed

He's a great driver though.

Poet
10-31-2018, 11:22 PM
He's a great driver though.

:salute:

Valar Morghulis
11-01-2018, 12:47 AM

I love him. I hope he signs another contact so I can buy his jersey, in all the colors, plus throwback and color rush

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-01-2018, 06:56 AM
I love him. I hope he signs another contact so I can buy his jersey, in all the colors, plus throwback and color rush

Don’t forget the stuffed teddy bear jersey

Cugel
11-01-2018, 12:52 PM
What exactly is he supposed to say? "I love being here and can't wait to play my butt off this year and next while the team wins maybe 12 games combined! That sounds awesome! It especially sounds awesome the day they traded D.T. and officially gave up on the season. "

He has no idea if he's next and he very well might be this off-season.
But Sanders does not control his contract. He's a Bronco until they tell him otherwise this year and next.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-01-2018, 12:55 PM
What exactly is he supposed to say? "I love being here and can't wait to play my butt off this year and next while the team wins maybe 12 games combined! That sounds awesome! It especially sounds awesome the day they traded D.T. and officially gave up on the season. "

He has no idea if he's next and he very well might be this off-season.
But Sanders does not control his contract. He's a Bronco until they tell him otherwise this year and next.
It’s no different than you or I going on the air and publicly stating we don’t know if we want to be at our current company any longer than we have to.
I understand football players are not held to the standard of professional conduct the rest of us commoners are, but still....

dogfish
11-01-2018, 01:46 PM
sanders is fine. . . stop listening to dmac, fellas. . .

DenBronx
11-01-2018, 06:07 PM

Dmac is such a weasel.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 08:13 AM

Dmac's a tool, no one listens to dmac...... doesn't mean that Sander's isn't a selfish diva.

BroncoWave
11-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Dmac's a tool, no one listens to dmac...... doesn't mean that Sander's isn't a selfish diva.

Wake me when he stops showing up and balling out on game days.

TXBRONC
11-02-2018, 08:30 AM

Well apparently Dog listens to him.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Well apparently Dog listen to him.

dmac is a self-inflated blowhard that loves to hear the sound of his own voice... I would rather listen to a shart blowing in the wind than dmac... He loves to do nothing more than stir up controversy and create drama where there is none.

That said, while Sanders as mentioned above does show up and play hard on the field. He's a whiny little turd when things aren't going his way. If his targets go down, he lets his displeasure be known... He does stupid selfish crap like taunt the other team and take points off the board, ect...

He's basically my least favorite player (well...I mean aside from Case Keenum...) I just can't stand Sanders attitude. He was great when Manning was here and things were going great, as soon as Manning left, his complaints started getting old.

Wave, as a counterpoint to you. Sanders is all about Sanders. He shows up and balls because that helps his statline. Sanders wants another payday, that means he's gotta perform, he's gotta ball out to impress his next team. He's not doing it for our benefit and I have no doubt when his contract is done, so is his time with Denver.

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2018, 09:09 AM
dmac is a self-inflated blowhard that loves to hear the sound of his own voice... I would rather listen to a shart blowing in the wind than dmac... He loves to do nothing more than stir up controversy and create drama where there is none.

That said, while Sanders as mentioned above does show up and play hard on the field. He's a whiny little turd when things aren't going his way. If his targets go down, he lets his displeasure be known... He does stupid selfish crap like taunt the other team and take points off the board, ect...

He's basically my least favorite player (well...I mean aside from Case Keenum...) I just can't stand Sanders attitude. He was great when Manning was here and things were going great, as soon as Manning left, his complaints started getting old.

Wave, as a counterpoint to you. Sanders is all about Sanders. He shows up and balls because that helps his statline. Sanders wants another payday, that means he's gotta perform, he's gotta ball out to impress his next team. He's not doing it for our benefit and I have no doubt when his contract is done, so is his time with Denver.

Do you do your job for the love of it, the appreciation of your boss, or your wage

Northman
11-02-2018, 09:12 AM
I love Sanders but he is far from perfect and **** anyone who doesnt like my opinion. :)

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Do you do your job for the love of it, the appreciation of your boss, or your wage

I show up and do my job because I don't want others to have to pick up my slack. Believe me, I wanted to stay home today with my nice little migraine, but I knew if I did, my co-workers would have to check the inquires that were assigned to me. I do appreciate my boss, she's one of the best bosses I have ever had to work for if she wasn't I wouldn't still be working here, yes I do enjoy my wages too.

It's not any one of those things that cause me to do my job, it's a combo of all of them. I am also not just trying to do a good job here to leverage my way into something better somewhere else.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 09:15 AM
I love Sanders but he is far from perfect and **** anyone who doesnt like my opinion. :)

I like his production. I've stopped caring for Sanders the person. If we could combine Sanders production with DT's attitude, we'd have a mega hall of famer...

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2018, 09:38 AM
I just don't understand your argument Frey - sure don't like the guy, i hate lots of people for all sorts of innocuous reasons, but to to give him shit for balling out, just because you think he only plays so hard to get another contract............i don't care if that is why he balls out, the fact he is, is all that matters.

Then when you talk about your motives to get a pay rise - no way Sanders gets a bigger contract that what he is already on, him balling out, is an effort to stay employed with as close to his current salary as possible.

Perhaps if your contract was expiring, and you new it was likely you would take a pay cut, you might try to project yourself in the best possible light.

Shazam!
11-02-2018, 09:52 AM

I show up and do my job because I don't want others to have to pick up my slack. Believe me, I wanted to stay home today with my nice little migraine, but I knew if I did, my co-workers would have to check the inquires that were assigned to me. I do appreciate my boss, she's one of the best bosses I have ever had to work for if she wasn't I wouldn't still be working here, yes I do enjoy my wages too.

It's not any one of those things that cause me to do my job, it's a combo of all of them. I am also not just trying to do a good job here to leverage my way into something better somewhere else.

Frey wht do you do

BroncoWave
11-02-2018, 10:06 AM

Who cares? You just described like 90% of receivers. That's just the nature of the position. Regardless of his motivation, him putting up numbers helps the broncos. I'd rather have that guy on my team than a dedicated team player who can't make plays.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 10:09 AM
I just don't understand your argument Frey - sure don't like the guy, i hate lots of people for all sorts of innocuous reasons, but to to give him shit for balling out, just because you think he only plays so hard to get another contract............i don't care if that is why he balls out, the fact he is, is all that matters.

Then when you talk about your motives to get a pay rise - no way Sanders gets a bigger contract that what he is already on, him balling out, is an effort to stay employed with as close to his current salary as possible.

Perhaps if your contract was expiring, and you new it was likely you would take a pay cut, you might try to project yourself in the best possible light.

He wants one more payday. I have no problems with him balling out. Him balling out isn't something I'm ripping on him for. I'm just simply saying, just because he's balling out doesn't make him NOT a selfish ass. My issues with him come 100 percent down to him and his attitude about things and the way he carries himself if that makes sense.

Him wanting to perform at a high level isn't an issue, his motives for wanting to play at a high level are also not an issue. We all want to get paid, we all want to be our best. What makes him a selfish ass is the way in previous seasons when his production went down he started whining and moaning about not getting the ball enough. He's your typical Keyshawn Johnson style diva receiver.

My issue with him isn't why he's doing it, it's how he carries himself, how he acts, the guys just a d-bag. I'm not saying that it's wrong that he wants to get one last payday, or even if he decides that payday shouldn't be with us. Just don't like his attitude. I was basically answering two people at once which kind of convoluted my post more than intended.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Frey wht do you do

I am a quality analyst for a call center (I monitor phone calls to ensure they meet our high standards)

BroncoWave
11-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Frey, I hate to break it to you but almost every NFL player's #1 priority is getting that next contract. Sure they want to win and be on a good team, but for the most part, their own career is the top priority. Is Sanders a little more vocal about it? Sure. But there is nothing unusual about where his priorities lie.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Frey, I hate to break it to you but almost every NFL player's #1 priority is getting that next contract. Sure they want to win and be on a good team, but for the most part, their own career is the top priority. Is Sanders a little more vocal about it? Sure. But there is nothing unusual about where his priorities lie.

I don't give a crap that his priority is getting a new contract. All that was meant was to point out to you why he's ballin out on the field. That's not my issue with him and that seems to be getting lost here. You and Val are both focusing on that section of things as if that's why I'm pissed and maybe I didn't explain that well enough.

I hate the guy's overall attitude. Go bust your ass off for a new contract, I'm fine with that if you are putting your all on the field that's good for you and for the team. It's everything else about how he handles himself that I'm kinda over. He does a lot of stupid stuff (the taunting penalty a few games back is a good example) that is just selfish.

I get that most WR's are divas. Maybe I'm just spoiled by high character guys like Rod and DT, but he rubs me wrong. I liked the guy pre-2015, he's just pissed me off a lot ever since then.

BroncoWave
11-02-2018, 10:26 AM
I guess I just don't give a crap about that kind of stuff. I just want guys to perform. DT is a great guy and awesome teammate, and probably one of those 10% of guys who was all about the team, but he just wasn't performing anymore. All I care about is production. Give me the guy who produces and is a loudmouth over the team guy who isn't getting it done.

Sports are entertainment. It's a fun thing. I have fun watching guys make plays for the broncos. I don't have the time to worry about how big of a diva a player is or isn't.

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2018, 10:47 AM
fair enough, you don't like him. I have literally no issue with that.

I misread your rationale, (the thing about the contract) and just wanted to clarify that - you have done that. Hate away.

Not wanting to stir the pot - but i was just wondering, does your "high caliber" standard stretch to Pacman Jones, Will Parks, TJ Ward, Von Miller or Talib? All of whom have displayed other qualities that suggest they are not of high character? (really not being argumentative, i am just wondering)

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 10:48 AM
I guess I just don't give a crap about that kind of stuff. I just want guys to perform. DT is a great guy and awesome teammate, and probably one of those 10% of guys who was all about the team, but he just wasn't performing anymore. All I care about is production. Give me the guy who produces and is a loudmouth over the team guy who isn't getting it done.

Sports are entertainment. It's a fun thing. I have fun watching guys make plays for the broncos. I don't have the time to worry about how big of a diva a player is or isn't.

I get where you are coming from, I dunno. I appreciate the play on the field, just not a fan of the personality.

I'll support the guy on the field as long as he's on the team, just don't care for him.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 10:50 AM
fair enough, you don't like him. I have literally no issue with that.

I misread your rationale, (the thing about the contract) and just wanted to clarify that - you have done that. Hate away.

Not wanting to stir the pot - but i was just wondering, does your "high caliber" standard stretch to Pacman Jones, Will Parks, TJ Ward, Von Miller or Talib? All of whom have displayed other qualities that suggest they are not of high character? (really not being argumentative, i am just wondering)

Character isn't really the issue either. The thing those dudes you mentioned have in common is that they are all huge team players. We'll other than pac man... He's a hired gun to fill a need.

I get it seems hypocritical that I love Talib hood attitude and not sanders... I can't provide a good counter to that, maybe it is hypocritical...

dogfish
11-02-2018, 12:53 PM
as much as people are complaining about that taunting penalty, you'd think the guy was michael dean perry. . .

Jsteve01
11-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Tory James?

BroncoJoe
11-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Why do I think this was aimed at me?

Stupid wanker.

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2018, 02:05 PM

Stupid wanker.

Because you are a raging narcissist that thinks everything is about you?

BroncoJoe
11-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Because you are a raging narcissist that thinks everything is about you?

Thanks, Dave.

I'm going to go cut myself now.

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 02:08 PM

Stupid wanker.

Joe if he was talking about you he'd have said he hates people for noxious reasons, not innocuous. He likes his big words and all.

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Joe if he was talking about you he'd have said he hates people for noxious reasons, not innocuous. He likes his big words and all.

Noxious is smaller than innocuous

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Noxious is smaller than innocuous

It's still a fancy way of saying toxic. Gotta be fancy pants Mr English man.

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2018, 02:24 PM
It's still a fancy way of saying toxic. Gotta be fancy pants Mr English man.

You're toxic

Freyaka
11-02-2018, 02:54 PM
You're toxic

You are not wrong.

tripp
11-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Don't need any player who doesn't want to be apart of this organization. With that being said, I can see why Sanders doesn't want to be here. He's a veteran receiver and every year is precious when you're competing for a SB. We have absolute trash QB's since Peyton retired. I don't blame him.

BroncoWave
11-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Don't need any player who doesn't want to be apart of this organization. With that being said, I can see why Sanders doesn't want to be here. He's a veteran receiver and every year is precious when you're competing for a SB. We have absolute trash QB's since Peyton retired. I don't blame him.

He didn't say he doesn't want to be here.

tripp
11-03-2018, 01:44 AM
He didn't say he doesn't want to be here.

Read between the lines

Valar Morghulis
11-03-2018, 01:54 AM
DT did not want to be here, instead he wanted another payday. Glad we don't have the likes of him taking up a roster spot. If he really loved the broncos he would have restructured

MOtorboat
11-03-2018, 02:01 AM
DT did not want to be here, instead he wanted another payday. Glad we don't have the likes of him taking up a roster spot. If he really loved the broncos he would have restructured

You're being facetious, right?

Valar Morghulis
11-03-2018, 02:06 AM
You're being facetious, right?

Yeah - totally, but this seems to be the logic being used against Sanders and to me it makes no sense.

MOtorboat
11-03-2018, 02:08 AM
Yeah - totally, but this seems to be the logic being used against Sanders and to me it makes no sense.

Oh, OK. I agree.

Cugel
11-03-2018, 08:35 AM

And that is precisely WHY the Broncos should keep Sanders!

IF we go out and get a decent QB in the draft next year, somebody who . . . .say, doesn't suck, for instance, then Sanders is going to want to be here.

A LOT of players will want to be here when you have a decent QB. We saw the epitome of that with Peyton Manning. He was so good players would take a pay cut to come and play here, just to be with Peyton, because they knew they had an excellent chance of winning a SB with him, because up till he arrived in Denver, he had averaged 12 wins a season, and had already won a SB.

And after he arrived here the team won 13, 13, 12, and 12 games and won a SB.

NOBODY is giving the Broncos any "discounts" to come and play with a Trevor or a Case - and probably lose 8-12 games again next year. They might be a lot better pleased and want to be here if we got a really good QB.

Sanders is under contract. So, he might not really want to be here, but they can say, "show up and do your job if you want to get paid, because we're not trading you. And if you start dogging it, your FA value will quickly tank lower than whale shit because we will let the entire league know about that. And they would learn, even if we didn't because the NFL is like a couple of gossipy house-wives talking over the back fence. Everybody knows everybody else's business in detail because they all talk to each other all the time about everything.

So, he'll be here if they want him. And if the QB is good he'll want to be here because he'll have a successful season, and then hit FA at maximum value.

He'll be eyeing DeAndre Hopkins money:

DeAndre Hopkins signed a 5 year, $81,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $49,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,200,000. In 2018, Hopkins will earn a base salary of $12,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,000,000 and a dead cap value of $18,500,000.

I think you'll agree that's rather a lot and Sanders isn't Hopkins. But that contract was signed in 2017 and some contracts next year will easily eclipse that one. That will be 2nd tier WR contract $ next year.

Sanders is a legit #1 WR, but not in the top 5 WRs or something. Maybe if he had a decent QB he would look like D.T. circa 2012 or something.

Nomad
11-03-2018, 08:53 AM

MO was gonna open a can of whoopass on you if you weren’t joking. :D

Northman
11-03-2018, 09:20 AM

Amen brother! TD, Elway 4life 4restructuring!

Simple Jaded
11-03-2018, 07:02 PM
And that is precisely WHY the Broncos should keep Sanders!

IF we go out and get a decent QB in the draft next year, somebody who . . . .say, doesn't suck, for instance, then Sanders is going to want to be here.

A LOT of players will want to be here when you have a decent QB. We saw the epitome of that with Peyton Manning. He was so good players would take a pay cut to come and play here, just to be with Peyton, because they knew they had an excellent chance of winning a SB with him, because up till he arrived in Denver, he had averaged 12 wins a season, and had already won a SB.

NOBODY is giving the Broncos any "discounts" to come and play with a Trevor or a Case - and probably lose 8-12 games again next year. They might be a lot better pleased and want to be here if we got a really good QB.

Sanders is under contract. So, he might not really want to be here, but they can say, "show up and do your job if you want to get paid, because we're not trading you. And if you start dogging it, your FA value will quickly tank lower than whale shit because we will let the entire league know about that. And they would learn, even if we didn't because the NFL is like a couple of gossipy house-wives talking over the back fence. Everybody knows everybody else's business in detail because they all talk to each other all the time about everything.

So, he'll be here if they want him. And if the QB is good he'll want to be here because he'll have a successful season, and then hit FA at maximum value.

He'll be eyeing DeAndre Hopkins money:

I think you'll agree that's rather a lot and Sanders isn't Hopkins. But that contract was signed in 2017 and some contracts next year will easily eclipse that one. That will be 2nd tier WR contract $ next year.

Sanders is a legit #1 WR, but not in the top 5 WRs or something. Maybe if he had a decent QB he would look like D.T. circa 2012 or something.

Why keep Sanders when he’s the reason Case Keenum is just Case Keenum? Cugel?

Cugel
11-05-2018, 10:22 PM

They didn't give him the chance of course. Elway didn't want him to remain because they needed the $10m they would pay him next year. Even at 1/2 of that he'd still be too expensive when they could get Courtland Sutton on a rookie salary to do the job.

It has NOTHING to do with DT "not wanting" to be a Bronco. It has everything to do with the Broncos not wanting him because they drafted a rookie to replace him and that guy is younger and costing much less. It's simple cap-economics.

Cugel
11-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Why keep Sanders when he’s the reason Case Keenum is just Case Keenum? Cugel?

This is the most incomprehensible statement. What does it even mean? Keenum is Keenum because he's Keenum of course. He is what he is - a mediocre QB who would stay mediocre no matter who he has.

The results would be better if he had a TE like Kyle Rudolph, or an offensive line that could pass-block, like he had in MN last year, but that wouldn't change Keenum.

They might conclude they can get by with Sutton and Hamilton as the starters and trade Sanders in the off-season of course. That's because they might want to put his salary to other uses.

But, Sanders is by far the most talented player on offense right now and he'll remain good next year too. It's not even close.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2018, 10:27 PM
You said it was everyone else’s fault that Case Keenum sucks, so why keep Sanders if he’s responsible for Keenum being a backup talent?

horsepig
11-06-2018, 01:45 AM
I love him as a player, even more so than DT which is why im not shedding any tears about DT. But, if Sanders feels he does not want to be in Denver than i do take issue with that. As i said before, its a business and players get moved all the time but if he is taking it personally and is unsure if he wants to be a Bronco than the door is that way ------>

ES is astud and could fit in here perfectly, if we could get a offensive line in place. Bolles looks like abust, move him to RT and draft whoever inthe **** is alabamas's LT. Tell Max to either grow some or hit thr road. Draft 6he entire remaining picks/players for a stud CB and a stud FS.

FanInAZ
11-08-2018, 09:55 AM

Neil Smith, an all-time great Chiefs' DE clearly spells out at the 1:45-50 mark of the following video exactly why he came here in '97:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2wY3vIPaeQ

Cugel
11-08-2018, 10:10 AM
You said it was everyone else’s fault that Case Keenum sucks, so why keep Sanders if he’s responsible for Keenum being a backup talent?

That makes even less sense than your last comment, if possible.

Keenum is the reason Keenum is mediocre. Sanders is currently 11th in the league in receptions. That's about a realistic measure of his ability. He's about top 10, but definitely not in a class with the top WRs like Adam Thielen, Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. He's also not getting paid like Odell Beckham either.

Odell Beckham has a $65m guaranteed contract, Mike Evans of Tampa has $55m guaranteed. D.T. had $14m guaranteed if he was on the roster next season so they traded him while they could. Sanders will get $12m next season if he stays, which would make him the 13th highest paid WR, so he's slightly underpaid based on his performance, but not wildly so.

So, why would they want to get rid of him, except to dump salary next season or get more draft picks?

Simple Jaded
11-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Lolololololololololol

Yeah, I’m the one that doesn’t make sense.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2018, 08:38 PM
ES is astud and could fit in here perfectly, if we could get a offensive line in place. Bolles looks like abust, move him to RT and draft whoever inthe **** is alabamas's LT. Tell Max to either grow some or hit thr road. Draft 6he entire remaining picks/players for a stud CB and a stud FS.

This is a bad year to want Bama’s LT, he’s a G in the NFL.

Cugel
11-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Lolololololololololol

Yeah, I’m the one that doesn’t make sense.

Correct! You're finally getting it. I'm right and you are almost always wrong. :first:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-08-2018, 09:44 PM
This is a bad year to want Bama’s LT, he’s a G in the NFL.

Ya know, I hear that shit all the time about college Tackles, especially from the SEC programs (UGA, Bama, LSU, etc) and it makes me wonder. If they’re such shitty players, how come their teams are so damned good and their QB’s are sacked so rarely? They play top talent nearly every week. Monster D linemen from other SEC schools most likely to also be drafted, and yet, their QBs still live. Go ahead and tell me that Bolles would’ve survived playing LT in the SEC west and still been a first round pick.

I just don’t buy it. It’s honestly not all about measurables. Players have to play and win against tough competition. They don’t play in the SEC unless they have talent, discipline, and at least a little football smarts. It’s just the way it is.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Ya know, I hear that shit all the time about college Tackles, especially from the SEC programs (UGA, Bama, LSU, etc) and it makes me wonder. If they’re such shitty players, how come their teams are so damned good and their QB’s are sacked so rarely? They play top talent nearly every week. Monster D linemen from other SEC schools most likely to also be drafted, and yet, their QBs still live. Go ahead and tell me that Bolles would’ve survived playing LT in the SEC west and still been a first round pick.

I just don’t buy it. It’s honestly not all about measurables. Players have to play and win against tough competition. They don’t play in the SEC unless they have talent, discipline, and at least a little football smarts. It’s just the way it is.

It’s not that he’s a shitty player, it’s that he has 32” arms, he might also be a ZBS only player.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2018, 10:30 PM
Kubiak doesn’t care about measurables though, especially on the OL, so we got that going for us ... if mediocre is what floats your boat. And Jonah Williams is just what he’s got a hardon for, hopefully Elway’s aversion to Bama players wins out.

Say what you want about Bolles but he is the “great athlete” that Kubiak told us Sampro was, with far better measurables. He’s a far better player too.

Elevation inc
11-09-2018, 03:15 AM

The deficiencies are hid across the board by scheme and the college game. There are many scouts that have said for years the OT classes just aren't that great. Right now The best Tackle in this class is from Ole miss, not Alabama, but he will go top ten just because of the demand, when realistically he is late first early 2nd rd talent. No guarantee of what he does in the pros. Technique is the biggest thing. I like Bolles, and think he is fine as a LT, but technique is still an issue. Not sure if that's because we have horrible coaching or bad scheme. My thought is the scheme we run doesn't fit most of our team on offense. We run crazy deep routes at WR at times, don't run the ball enough and ask Keenum to drop to far back and stay in the pocket. None of this matches up with our skill players. its why Musgrave has to go. We need coaches that can adjust stuff to their players not getting ego driven and force a round peg into a square hole.

I wager if Kubiak was the coach right now we would be a playoff team, our TE's and backs would be balling, DT and Sanders would be killing it deep from Keenum on play action and we would have a 2005 type offense again. Why because that's how the team is built. We built a team for kubiak, but got a OC who loves to spread it out lol.....

This is probably some of what DT was alluding to about listening to the players and adjusting throughout the game, we have no coach capable of that. Todays College game just doesn't coach the tackles as well as past decades the game is quicker, faster and more spread out, which means tackles can get away with poor technique and elite athleticism. This is what happened with Bolles I think.