PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Sign QB Garrett Grayson

Shazam!
10-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Welcome Garrett Grayson, the latest Broncos QB who will be cut in the future.

Played at CSU, backup in NO, his latest gig was cut by Atlanta.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/garrett-grayson-added-to-broncos-practice-squad/

Northman
10-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Works for me, cant be any worse than what we have.

wayninja
10-25-2018, 01:43 PM
I look forward to pinning all my hopes on him and crying for him to go in for the struggling Keenum.

Poet
10-25-2018, 01:46 PM
I look forward to pinning all my hopes on him and crying for him to go in for the struggling Keenum.

I've already started.

ShaneFalco
10-25-2018, 06:33 PM
the only qb with less arm strength then keesum

what a move.

#deservekeesum

#elwayafraidofgoodqbs

TXBRONC
10-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Works for me, cant be any worse than what we have.

If he isn't prone to sitting on couches he not invited to sit on it's a win.

spikerman
10-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Yawn

UnderArmour
10-25-2018, 09:23 PM
Glad this is only a practice squad signing. Was worried from the thread title that he was put on the 53-man roster.

TXBRONC
10-25-2018, 10:08 PM

what a move.

#deservekeesum

#elwayafraidofgoodqbs

Embrace the future Shane.

Simple Jaded
10-25-2018, 10:14 PM
Kubiak strikes again.

We’re screwed, Spiker.

Freyaka
10-26-2018, 11:43 AM

what a move.

#deservekeesum

#elwayafraidofgoodqbs

The scouting reports say you are being over emotional and just saying whatever comes to mind...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/garrett-grayson?id=2552371

STRENGTHS Tremendous deep-ball touch and accuracy this season. Puts air under the ball and feathers throw into consistently catchable spots for receivers. Gets feet set and uses lower body and proper weight transfer to drive the ball to his target with zip.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015ggrayson.php

Strong arm
Can make all the NFL throws

https://www.milehighreport.com/2015/3/24/8281823/nfl-draft-broncos-are-high-on-colorado-state-quarterback-garrett

He displayed both touch as well as the ability to throw the ball with velocity today, and the reviews of his Pro Day have been positive.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/04/19/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-colorado-state-qb-garrett-grayson/

Has good arm strength-has good touch and accuracy on deep throws

Do I think the kid is the future of the franchise? Hell no. But drop the hyperbole and at least list valid reasons for why he won't be the future. He is known to have a good arm, he just never lived up to expectations in New Orleans. He's got the physical tools, to do the job, he just hasn't proven he can do the job. That isn't likely to change, but his arm strength isn't the issue shane.

Freyaka
10-26-2018, 11:46 AM
Kubiak strikes again.

We’re screwed, Spiker.

Basically. He's someone we wanted to draft in 2015, but the saints got there first, now we're trying to go make up for lost time...He's nothing more than a backup at best, nothing to get excited about.

wayninja
10-26-2018, 11:51 AM
If the scouting reports on Keenum say he has a strong arm... the scouting reports are wrong or badly outdated.

Freyaka
10-26-2018, 11:58 AM
If the scouting reports on Keenum say he has a strong arm... the scouting reports are wrong or badly outdated.

That's greyson's scouting reports, not Keenum's

Poet
10-26-2018, 11:59 AM

If that report says Greyson has a strong arm then it's also wrong.

wayninja
10-26-2018, 12:07 PM

Oh, my bad, I thought you were trying to say that Keenum has a strong arm. Don't need a scout report to tell.

Nomad
10-26-2018, 04:10 PM
I wish Grayson the best. He is a Bronco now.

sneakers
10-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Imagine growing up having 2 last names

ShaneFalco
10-26-2018, 06:54 PM
If that report says Greyson has a strong arm then it's also wrong.

its like people forget he played right down the street from me.

Cugel
10-26-2018, 07:09 PM
All I could think when I heard this news is "they signed the wrong Grayson!" :laugh:

I say we'd be better off with this one!

Freyaka
10-26-2018, 07:25 PM

Or more so that they don't trust your judgement on QB's since you don't have a strong batting average (Nothing like Tebow's batting average)

Poet
10-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Or more so that they don't trust your judgement on QB's since you don't have a strong batting average (Nothing like Tebow's batting average)

Most of the board has whiffed on QB's.

Simple Jaded
10-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Basically. He's someone we wanted to draft in 2015, but the saints got there first, now we're trying to go make up for lost time...He's nothing more than a backup at best, nothing to get excited about.

And by “We wanted to draft” you mean “Kubiak wanted to draft”?

Y’all might wanna prepare yourselves for the possibility that the Broncos have zero interest in a 1st round QB talent.

Freyaka
10-26-2018, 07:45 PM

Y’all might wanna prepare yourselves for the possibility that the Broncos have zero interest in a 1st round QB talent.

Or any QB talent.

aberdien
10-26-2018, 08:06 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/0466286ca36748dce582d06bf77e86ca/tenor.gif?itemid=4519872

ShaneFalco
10-27-2018, 06:29 AM

oh what because the most talented qb on the roster got thrown off the team for something off the field?

You guys didnt even believe kelly would make it out of tc. dont give me that crap. then he lit up preseason.

#deservekeesum

Jsteve01
10-27-2018, 08:00 AM

oh what because the most talented qb on the roster got thrown off the team for something off the field?

You guys didnt even believe kelly would make it out of tc. dont give me that crap. then he lit up preseason.

#deservekeesum
the irony that the coach who has never shaken the accusation of crawling into a womans bed in college is now choosing the moral high ground with a young man who by all accounts never threatened or endangered anyone.

spikerman
10-27-2018, 09:29 AM
the irony that the coach who has never shaken the accusation of crawling into a womans bed in college is now choosing the moral high ground with a young man who by all accounts never threatened or endangered anyone.

I highlighted the important part of your quote. There’s a big difference between an accusation and a documented history. I’m no VJ fan, but he has to do what he thinks is best for the team. I’m getting the impression that Kelly’s teammates aren’t that sorry to see him go so maybe there was even more stuff going on behind the scenes. Besides, my guess is that this wasn’t ultimately Joseph’s decision.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-27-2018, 11:21 AM

Who knows man, they drafted the anti-Kubiak in the first round while Kubiak was head coach.

Davii
10-27-2018, 11:32 AM

It's like you forget you're extremely prone to hyperbole

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-27-2018, 11:55 AM
This guy is the 3rd quarterback. The chances of him ever seeing the field in Denver are slim to none.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-27-2018, 12:08 PM

This... we will not draft a real QB until Kubiak is gone. Kubiak is to QBs what Shanny was to RBs, “no reason to draft a top prospect when you can get a Terrell Davis in the sixth round! I can make any RB a 1000 yard back!!!”

Now, replace RB with QB and TD with Keenum and you have Kubiak. FFS, Kubiak tried to ruin PFM making him play under center and do bootlegs and shit. Kubiak is franchise QB kryptonite.

Nomad
10-27-2018, 12:10 PM
You guys have taken this Grayson signing to a new level of seriousness. LoL.

Poet
10-27-2018, 12:14 PM
You guys have taken this Grayson signing to a new level of seriousness. LoL.

When you have a throwaway starter you have to get excited about the backups!

Nomad
10-27-2018, 12:16 PM
When you have a throwaway starter you have to get excited about the backups!

Keenum gonna shine tomorrow. :D

Cugel
10-27-2018, 01:25 PM

#deservekeesum

Trevor "lit up the pre-season" in 2017. :coffee:

TXBRONC
10-27-2018, 01:36 PM

Shane you have your opinions and that's fine. I like you Shane but I haven't agreed with you on your assessment on quarterbacks.

TXBRONC
10-27-2018, 01:40 PM
This guy is the 3rd quarterback. The chances of him ever seeing the field in Denver are slim to none.

Agreed, and that doesn't mean Keenum is the answer to anything.

ShaneFalco
10-27-2018, 03:54 PM

its complete nonsense.

Simple Jaded
10-27-2018, 09:09 PM
I highlighted the important part of your quote. There’s a big difference between an accusation and a documented history. I’m no VJ fan, but he has to do what he thinks is best for the team. I’m getting the impression that Kelly’s teammates aren’t that sorry to see him go so maybe there was even more stuff going on behind the scenes. Besides, my guess is that this wasn’t ultimately Joseph’s decision.

:rolleyes:

spikerman
10-27-2018, 10:03 PM
:rolleyes:

Good talk.

elsid13
10-28-2018, 09:14 AM
Kelly is entering the Tebow hype arena with some on this board.

Cugel
10-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Kelly is entering the Tebow hype arena with some on this board.

Well, it will always be impossible for them to ever be refuted because Kelly is likely done in the NFL. Nobody but the Broncos was willing to risk a pick on him and that was BEFORE his latest felony charges which could potentially make him *ahem* - unavailable to play in the NFL from 1-3 years, perhaps 1/2 of that if his "behavior is good" during the interval. And then he would have to petition the league for reinstatment after he completed his term of unavailability, to which he is likely to plead any time now. The quicker his attorney gets his plea bargain together with the DA, the better for Chad!

As a first offense in this jurisdiction, Chad should be able to plea the felony down to a misdemeanor with a stipulation to probation, unless the DA just wants his scalp on the wall. But, Chad is rich and can easily afford the best attorneys in the state to defend him. My friend is actually the best defense attorney and was key in getting Kobe off of his little difficulties. I wonder if Chad will get the right attorney. With the right attorney he might very well get off. At least if the DA tries to convict him of felony breaking and entering. I think that offense has to have specific intent. Being so drunk you have no idea where you are might eliminate specific intent. There is such a defense, but it's not at all easy to use.

My own attempt at using that intoxication defense before the 10th Circuit was mocked and ridiculed by the judges, who ruled that my client's alibi defense was "an unsuccessful attempt to lie." But, there is an intoxication defense to crimes of specific intent. It would be no defense against a lesser charge lacking specific intent like trespass perhaps, or public intoxication, or DUI if the keys were in the ignition to his car when he was apprehended. He'd still be guilty of those charges if nothing else.

But, he might be able to plea it down. I was able to get a felony 3 assault with a deadly weapon charge for my client (allegedly) stabbing her boyfriend during a drinking bout. Well, after the plea she was no longer allegedly guilty either, because we had pled that down to a felony 5 with a stipulation to probation rather than incarceration. So, I figure that Chad Kelly, who has a really good lawyer not me, should be a cinch to get off with probation.

Then he'd be eligible to apply for reinstatement to the NFL! Then maybe some team might be willing to let him come to camp for them. IF anybody did that he would win a roster spot just like he did here. Obviously to anybody who watched him play -- the dude can flat play. Period.

He threw away an almost certain career as at least a backup QB in the NFL. They get a lot of money holding clip-boards for someone. What can you say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww1gt6MHJRA

Can you even imagine throwing away $10,000,000 or more and a chance for NFL stardom? Because I can't imagine doing that because I had an irresistible urge to do something incredibly stupid like get totally hammered and mistakenly break in to someone's house in the middle of the night. (I only presume that's what happened. Because it was a felony breaking and entering, they didn't even bother to test him for drugs or alcohol).

Northman
10-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Whining about Kelly at this point is fruitless. He made his bed now he has to deal with the consequences of it. Life goes on and so do the Broncos.

Poet
10-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Whining about Kelly at this point is fruitless. He made his bed now he has to deal with the consequences of it. Life goes on and so do the Broncos.

What would it take for us to get Goff, Watson, Wentz, etc? Four first rounders? Four and Von?

Four, Von, and one billion dollars?

I'm kidding, those guys aren't getting traded.