PDA

View Full Version : Broncos listening to trade offers for star WR Demaryius Thomas

Pages : [1] 2

Dapper Dan
10-21-2018, 10:42 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25041161/denver-broncos-listening-trade-offers-star-wr-demaryius-thomas

The Denver Broncos (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos) have been listening to offers for star wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13216/demaryius-thomas), league sources told ESPN.
A handful of teams have reached out to Denver to see whether the Broncos would be willing to part ways with the five-time Pro Bowler, who was a first-round pick in 2010, and Denver has not rebuffed those advances to date, according to sources.

Some teams have also expressed interest in Emmanuel Sanders (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13295/emmanuel-sanders), but Denver has not been interested in listening to teams asking about him, according to sources.

aberdien
10-21-2018, 10:44 AM
We sorry.

Northman
10-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Works for me, he isnt getting any younger and Sutton looks promising.

VonDoom
10-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Probably the right move long term.

What this tells me though is that despite publicly talking about a possible playoff run, Elway doesn’t see it if we’re potentially sellers

Dapper Dan
10-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Hopefully he goes to a team that will utilize him and win games.

Northman
10-21-2018, 11:00 AM
What this tells me though is that despite publicly talking about a possible playoff run, Elway doesn’t see it if we’re potentially sellers

I think John can see between the lines on how this team will do the rest of the year. The Cardinals game was really just an outlier to how good we really are. We just arent a contender so if the end up making a move with DT it makes a lot of sense going into next year and beyond.

BroncoWave
10-21-2018, 12:21 PM
Not shocking. He's gone next year anyway, might as well get something back for him.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2018, 12:28 PM

Poet
10-21-2018, 12:44 PM
I love him.

Northman
10-21-2018, 12:53 PM
I love him.

Love him or hate him it would be a smart move to trade him while his value is still up.

Poet
10-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Love him or hate him it would be a smart move to trade him while his value is still up.

I understand the business side of it.

But the love is what is eternal.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Always trade your best players when they’re still at their best.

- Josh McDaniels probably

Northman
10-21-2018, 12:58 PM

Nay, teams can rarely keep every good player they have because of costs. I suppose if DT wants to take a pay cut in order to remain in Denver that could always work but the likelihood is very small.

Bronco4ever
10-21-2018, 12:59 PM
I definitely appreciate what DT has done in a Broncos uni, but the writing is on the wall for him here. If we could net a 3rd or 4th pick for him (perhaps wishful thinking), that would be a great return for a declining player. Hamilton stepping up as WR3 would be great for future development.

gregbroncs
10-21-2018, 01:30 PM

DT hasn't been at his best for 2 seasons.

nevcraw
10-21-2018, 01:44 PM

Takes a qb to throw at a wr. If he goes to a team with a decent qb - we will all be bashing the FO for getting rid of him. I hope He lands someplace good - a hell of a bronco and hell of human being.

Poet
10-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Takes a qb to throw at a wr. If he goes to a team with a decent qb - we will all be bashing the FO for getting rid of him. I hope He lands someplace good - a hell of a bronco and hell of human being.

I'm getting emotional.

Northman
10-21-2018, 01:50 PM

Yes and no. Ive seen some very good QB's make some pretty average WR's look like gods. DT even put up good numbers when Tebow was here so i dont think its a stretch to say that time has caught up to DT in some ways.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2018, 02:01 PM
On TheFan this morning, they stated also that teams are inquiring about Bradley Roby, and Brandon Marshall.

Poet
10-21-2018, 02:07 PM
Someone wants Roby?

Do we also have to give them picks?

Nomad
10-21-2018, 02:13 PM
VJ said there would be changes.

FanInAZ
10-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Someone wants Roby?

Do we also have to give them picks?

The Patriots might want him instead of this UDFA who's already been flag 3x for PI with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

FanInAZ
10-21-2018, 02:31 PM
The Patriots might want him instead of this UDFA who's already been flag 3x for PI with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

And then he makes a great play to rip a ball away from a WR for an INT.

Magnificent Seven
10-21-2018, 03:53 PM
DT was good in his first 6 years. Too much dropped passes in last 2 years.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2018, 04:39 PM

I was hoping it would be a head coaching change. #firevancejoseph

BeefStew25
10-21-2018, 04:51 PM

Funny how his performance is tied to the QB’s.

Poet
10-21-2018, 04:53 PM

He got stuck with a nice young man who happened to be a lousy QB. Then he got stuck with a nice old man who is a football GOD and they went ham. Then he got stuck with another nice young man who sucks at football while carrying the offense. Then he got stuck with a middle-aged young man (for a QB) who is pretty bland at QB.

Everyone's sucking of Hopkins right now but FFS at least his backups could throw the ball down the ******* field. TS couldn't. When Keenum does we all hold our breath collectively.

DT is underrated.

Freyaka
10-21-2018, 06:56 PM

It is, but since we don't have one of those, he's going underutilized. Sure that's not on him, but we have WR's on the roster that cost less and are less dependent on a peyton manning level QB to perform. That's why I'm ok with this happening if it does.

His lower cost replacement is already waiting in the wings.

Poet
10-21-2018, 07:00 PM
It is, but since we don't have one of those, he's going underutilized. Sure that's not on him, but we have WR's on the roster that cost less and are less dependent on a peyton manning level QB to perform. That's why I'm ok with this happening if it does.

His lower cost replacement is already waiting in the wings.

Devils' advocate: we've said that before and it's bitten us in the ass. Plus we presumably will have a rookie QB as a starter next year - a veteran WR is a security blanket. And while we have ES as well at this point in their career DT is more of the possession guy.

I'm not opposed to the business side of things; I'm just not optimistic it'll all work out.

aberdien
10-21-2018, 07:22 PM
Imagine how great he would've been if he had a competent QB for more than 3 years.

Poet
10-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Imagine how great he would've been if he had a competent QB for more than 3 years.

He has more reason to be bitter at Denver than Denver fans to be bitter at him. Honestly the DT bashers surreal.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-21-2018, 07:43 PM
He has 3-4 more good years left, maybe not at an elite level, but still as a good football player.
The benefit of letting him go is only to clear out $12 million or so because you won’t get a 2nd for him.

Poet
10-21-2018, 07:45 PM
He has 3-4 more good years left, maybe not at an elite level, but still as a good football player.
The benefit of letting him go is only to clear out $12 million or so because you won’t get a 2nd for him.

We can sign the next Keesum!

FanInAZ
10-21-2018, 07:46 PM

Imagine if Elway hadn't signed Manning & we stuck with Tebow :shocked:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-21-2018, 07:46 PM

I know right? We’ll be letting one playmaker go so we can hopefully find another one.

Poet
10-21-2018, 08:11 PM
I know right? We’ll be letting one playmaker go so we can hopefully find another one.

It reminds me getting rid of Talib: They said you subtract a strength to mitigate a weakness. Best case scenario is that you're average at the weakness but you probably don't have a strength.

Poet
10-21-2018, 08:41 PM
If King87 and Beefstew can bond on something more than basketball then you know that it's quality.

UnderArmour
10-21-2018, 08:59 PM

If Joe Flacco is available for around two 2nds, Elway needs to go get him in the offseason.

Poet
10-21-2018, 09:26 PM
If Joe Flacco is available for around two 2nds, Elway needs to go get him in the offseason.

That screams 8-8 to me.

slim
10-21-2018, 09:55 PM
If King87 and Beefstew can bond on something more than basketball then you know that it's quality.

Bondage

Freyaka
10-21-2018, 09:58 PM

So we'd theoretically go from being incapable of throwing the deep ball and having to settle with dink and dunk, to being incapable of playing short and only be effective on wild hail mary go routes every down?

Poet
10-21-2018, 10:06 PM
Bondage

#swag

Jsteve01
10-21-2018, 11:12 PM
This makes me sick. All time Bronco great. Played through numerous injuries and was still elite for a long time. Anti diva. I hate this part of the business.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 12:11 AM
If we get thrown any offers, DT will probably just drop them.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 12:12 AM
I guess it's sort of interesting, but what do you guys think we can get for Von? He's the real showpiece in the 2018 Broncos fire sale.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 12:13 AM

Was just hoping that he'd be muttering that on a desert island somewhere.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-22-2018, 07:34 AM
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m excited to think about what the FO would do with any draft pick received, most recent class excepted. :sarcasm off: Our draft track record has sucked for a long time. Maybe we can use the pick to reach on a Tackle or an undersized, shitty guard who isn’t NFL material? A proven player is always worth more than a roulette draft pick. I’d rather keep him, restructure him, and let him retire a Bronco.

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 07:47 AM
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m excited to think about what the FO would do with any draft pick received, most recent class excepted. :sarcasm off: Our draft track record has sucked for a long time. Maybe we can use the pick to reach on a Tackle or an undersized, shitty guard who isn’t NFL material? A proven player is always worth more than a roulette draft pick. I’d rather keep him, restructure him, and let him retire a Bronco.

DT is gone next year whether we trade him now or cut him after the season. I'd rather get a pick for him at least.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 08:05 AM
DT is gone next year whether we trade him now or cut him after the season. I'd rather get a pick for him at least.

Right, that's what people aren't getting here. He's not going to retire in Denver. We won't be extending him. So do we keep him in what will likely be a wasted season and get nothing out of him, or do we find a willing trade partner and get something in return.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-22-2018, 08:37 AM
I love how folks say, “get nothing out of him”. We get plenty out of him, he’s the #2 all time receiver in Broncos’ history. Like him or not, he’s an all time great who has meant more to the franchise than 90% of the guys we revere around here as “all time greats”. It’s sad that the madden/ draftnik generation has forgotten what loyalty means and everything seems to be about what kind of draft pick you can get for a top player. News flash, the shit you find in the crapshoot draft is normally NOT better than what you already have.

Elevation inc
10-22-2018, 08:43 AM
I see the business side of this, but he is a legend and will be sorely missed, not a fan of trading him....Marshall and Roby on the other hand, give me a 5th rd. pick for each and I'm good lol. Its funny though we had complaints about WR depth and finally we have the best depth at WR we have had in years and we want to get rid of some of it again....uuuuggggghhhhhhh

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 08:45 AM
I love how folks say, “get nothing out of him”. We get plenty out of him, he’s the #2 all time receiver in Broncos’ history. Like him or not, he’s an all time great who has meant more to the franchise than 90% of the guys we revere around here as “all time greats”. It’s sad that the madden/ draftnik generation has forgotten what loyalty means and everything seems to be about what kind of draft pick you can get for a top player. News flash, the shit you find in the crapshoot draft is normally NOT better than what you already have.

Smart teams cut bait a year early instead of a year too late. Being loyal to guys because they were good in the past isn't how you win in the NFL. The Pats have perfected this strategy. Nostalgia doesn't win games.

gregbroncs
10-22-2018, 08:46 AM
I Actually really like DT. But he doesn't do the things he used to and It's my belief he's gone in the off season regardless. Plays he used to turn into 1st downs now get stopped. He used to get separation on a lot of plays, now even when thrown at he's usually got a defender right with him. And he drops too many passes for my liking, used to be he made up for the drops with big plays making them more acceptable, but he doesn't do that anymore. I'm not a hater, I'd be perfectly happy if he retired a Bronco. But I think that is very unlikely and he's not the guy he once was. But I'll concede the QB is a factor.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Right, that's what people aren't getting here. He's not going to retire in Denver. We won't be extending him. So do we keep him in what will likely be a wasted season and get nothing out of him, or do we find a willing trade partner and get something in return.

I love DT, and I get it. I think a lot of it depends on what happens in the next few weeks. If we’re .500 going into the break they probably won’t trade him, but...

Mike
10-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Good. If we can get fair value for him then I hope they pull the trigger.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 09:15 AM

Look trading him doesn't diminish what he's done with us previously. If he's gone next year, shouldn't we at least collect some picks or a player out of him?

That's not saying what he did wasn't compensation in the past, but this is smart business man...

What good does keeping him around in a lost season do? What do we gain out of keeping DT.

As for this part

News flash, the shit you find in the crapshoot draft is normally NOT better than what you already have.

He's not going to be here in 2019, so what do we have? If we get draft picks we have draft picks, if we don't, we don't have DT in 2019...so he's not here so how is nothing better than something?

BroncoJoe
10-22-2018, 09:17 AM

Uh, players leave all the time for a bigger payday. It's absolutely not one-sided.

I'd be sad to see him go. He is an all time Broncos great. But, if it happens, so be it.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 09:18 AM
I love DT, and I get it. I think a lot of it depends on what happens in the next few weeks. If we’re .500 going into the break they probably won’t trade him, but...

I like DT too, he's one of my favorite Broncos and I've always stuck up for him prior to this year, but I dunno...We gotta start looking to future years.

Even if we are still in the playoff hunt, trading him makes sense. Trading him gets Sutton and Hamilton on the field more and that's our future at WR.

I get the fan sentiment over DT, he's a great dude, has a great attitude, used to be a fantastic players (one of the best at the position in franchise history) but this is smart business. It sucks, you hate seeing it happen, but it's smart and if someone will trade for him, I get it and I say go for it.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Uh, players leave all the time for a bigger payday. It's absolutely not one-sided.

I'd be sad to see him go. He is an all time Broncos great. But, if it happens, so be it.

Yup...Ask Danny T, Malik Jackson, Julius Thomas, ect... how much loyalty means...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 09:53 AM
I like DT too, he's one of my favorite Broncos and I've always stuck up for him prior to this year, but I dunno...We gotta start looking to future years.

Even if we are still in the playoff hunt, trading him makes sense. Trading him gets Sutton and Hamilton on the field more and that's our future at WR.

I get the fan sentiment over DT, he's a great dude, has a great attitude, used to be a fantastic players (one of the best at the position in franchise history) but this is smart business. It sucks, you hate seeing it happen, but it's smart and if someone will trade for him, I get it and I say go for it.

I’m not ready to run that that many assumptions. We have no idea how much of the offense Sutton really knows or how developed his route tree is. I’m not convinced he’s ready to be a #1 or #2 full time.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 10:32 AM
I’m not ready to run that that many assumptions. We have no idea how much of the offense Sutton really knows or how developed his route tree is. I’m not convinced he’s ready to be a #1 or #2 full time.

Well, he's not going to get ready on the bench and DT isn't doing much. He's averaging about 53 yards per game right now (372 yards) Sutton isn't far behind him statistically sitting at 246 yards despite limited playing time due to being behind DT on the depth chart.

Not only that, but we've got the potential of getting Jordan Taylor back off IR soon, he's back at practice and healthy and we have one more return from IR designation available. Worst case, he can step up into #2 once DT's gone.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Well, he's not going to get ready on the bench and DT isn't doing much. He's averaging about 53 yards per game right now (372 yards) Sutton isn't far behind him statistically sitting at 246 yards despite limited playing time due to being behind DT on the depth chart.

Not only that, but we've got the potential of getting Jordan Taylor back off IR soon, he's back at practice and healthy and we have one more return from IR designation available. Worst case, he can step up into #2 once DT's gone.

And what about the attention DT gets from the defense?

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Does DT still get that much attention from the defense? I'd be shocked if he gets anything more than single coverage anymore.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Does DT still get that much attention from the defense? I'd be shocked if he gets anything more than single coverage anymore.

He still gets safety help some of the time, along with getting the #1 corner. All of that attention would get shifted to Sanders if he were gone.

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 11:15 AM
He still gets safety help some of the time, along with getting the #1 corner. All of that attention would get shifted to Sanders if he were gone.

I hope that does happen, I'll enjoy seeing Sutton in the pro bowl next year.

Northman
10-22-2018, 11:23 AM
I guess it's sort of interesting, but what do you guys think we can get for Von? He's the real showpiece in the 2018 Broncos fire sale.

He wont be going anywhere, he is the team's franchise player. He is basically our Ray Lewis.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 11:26 AM
He wont be going anywhere, he is the team's franchise player. He is basically our Ray Lewis.

Minus the murdering...unless you count what he did Thursday night.

wayninja

Yeah, but Von's victims are all on the field.

Northman

Eh, loyalty really doesnt exist anymore whether its the organization or the players. We saw the beginning of that when Sharpe and Atwater moved on to other teams. Both ended coming back in their own ways but FA had changed the entire landscape of how the NFL and players do business.

Northman
10-22-2018, 11:28 AM
I see the business side of this, but he is a legend and will be sorely missed, not a fan of trading him....Marshall and Roby on the other hand, give me a 5th rd. pick for each and I'm good lol. Its funny though we had complaints about WR depth and finally we have the best depth at WR we have had in years and we want to get rid of some of it again....uuuuggggghhhhhhh

Except its not about want, its about need. I cant understand how people whom i know are smart enough to talk football on here simply dont understand that Denver isnt loaded with cash. You cant keep every single player that you want. For all of those griping about the possibility of DT being traded maybe you should actually consider the fact DT doenst seem to want to take a pay cut to stay? This isnt all on the organization here.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 11:31 AM

Indeed.

Northman
10-22-2018, 11:32 AM

No one knew Rod Smith would become the player he did, sometimes you just have to let the other guys play and see where the chips fall. DT isnt the first great WR to play the game and wont be the last and since Denver is gong nowhere fast to move him makes sense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 11:33 AM
No one knew Rod Smith would become the player he did, sometimes you just have to let the other guys play and see where the chips fall. DT isnt the first great WR to play the game and wont be the last and since Denver is gong nowhere fast to move him makes sense.

I’m not disagreeing with this.

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 11:39 AM

No doubt. Smart teams pay guys for what they can do in the future, not for what they did in the past. I think we all love DT and appreciate what he's done as a bronco, but his best days are clearly behind him. If he were willing to take a massive paycut to stay and take a back seat to Sutton as the number one guy then I'd be ok with it, but he probably won't do that and I really don't blame him. And given that, best to get what we can for him now instead of inevitably getting rid of him next year for nothing.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 11:43 AM
Have we thought about maybe turning him into a safety?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 11:44 AM

Yeah for sure. We could 3 more pro bowl years out of him at FS like we did Champ.

Northman
10-22-2018, 11:45 AM
No doubt. Smart teams pay guys for what they can do in the future, not for what they did in the past. I think we all love DT and appreciate what he's done as a bronco, but his best days are clearly behind him. If he were willing to take a massive paycut to stay and take a back seat to Sutton as the number one guy then I'd be ok with it, but he probably won't do that and I really don't blame him. And given that, best to get what we can for him now instead of inevitably getting rid of him next year for nothing.

Exactly.

Its one thing if we didnt have Von or Von wasnt as good as he is. If DT was our best player on the team than im sure he would be priority one to be kept on the team no matter the cost. But with Von he becomes extremely expendable which is sad but necessary unless DT decides to take a pay cut to stay with the team that drafted him. But, if another team (who might be a contender) wants to pay him more or make a good trade for him than the move would make sense for everyone involved. Honestly if im DT im not sure i would even want to stay in Denver with the team in disarray right now.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 11:49 AM

Why is he gone next year, out of curiosity? He's under contract until 2020.

Elevation inc
10-22-2018, 12:04 PM

because this board says its so.....everyone assumes he is gonna be gone next year as a cap casualty. I don't see why....with better QB play he would have even better stats currently. I mean is it really his fault the QB overthrows him a lot.....yeah he might not be the YAC monster he used to be, but he is still legit, its why there is such interest in him from teams, they know his skill set and the fact that he instantly boosts a playoff contender. From a business side though his value is greatest in this moment than it will be next year if we decide to cut him or trade him. So I see why there is interest.

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 12:04 PM

All the signs just point to him being a cap casualty next year. I'll be shocked if he's suiting up for us next year at his current contract.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 12:06 PM
All the signs just point to him being a cap casualty next year. I'll be shocked if he's suiting up for us next year at his current contract.

Ok fair enough. You are speculating. That's fine, no problem there, just the way you said it made me think that he's a FA next year.

Elevation inc
10-22-2018, 12:07 PM

you can thank our play caller, and QB for that 53 yds per game.....Keenum has overthrown him like 3 times for would be TD's as well.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 12:07 PM

Because his cap hit for being cut is minimal and his cap savings is $14M. It's super unlikely we keep him around because of that.

Elevation inc
10-22-2018, 12:08 PM

I agree I don't see him in Denver on his current contract, but I do feel he is the type of player to accept a pay cut, or a restructure to more team friendly terms

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Ok fair enough. You are speculating. That's fine, no problem there, just the way you said it made me think that he's a FA next year.

I tend to just say my opinions as if they are fact! :D

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 12:13 PM
I agree I don't see him in Denver on his current contract, but I do feel he is the type of player to accept a pay cut, or a restructure to more team friendly terms

Like I said, if he's willing to take a paycut and relinquish more of his snaps to Sutton, I wouldn't mind him coming back. I don't think he'll do that because I still think some bad team will overpay for him, but we shall see.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Like I said, if he's willing to take a paycut and relinquish more of his snaps to Sutton, I wouldn't mind him coming back. I don't think he'll do that because I still think some bad team will overpay for him, but we shall see.

It's possible that we are that bad team!

VJ2019!

CoachChaz
10-22-2018, 12:31 PM
Out with the old...in with the new. There is a reason we drafted two wide receivers this year. And a reason Keenum only got a two year deal. Time to move forward and in order to do that we need draft capital and cap space. Losing a 30 year WR old in decline to improve both of those areas is a win.

Northman
10-22-2018, 12:34 PM

Yep. I think a couple of things would have to really sway him in restructuring or taking a pay cut to stay. If Denver is going into a total rebuild next year than i can see him wanting to join a contender. Not too mention a lot of older players would jump at a chance for a final payday of any kind if a team is willing to pay him for it. I think Denver would have to make a strong push for the playoffs to get him to want to stay while taking a pay cut.

Valar Morghulis
10-22-2018, 01:02 PM

I bet he is pretty good as a coach. A cockroach coach. He could really advance the training methodology, all that posturing and stuff, and perhaps he could let his helmet do the talking.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 01:25 PM
I bet he is pretty good as a coach. A cockroach coach. He could really advance the training methodology, all that posturing and stuff, and perhaps he could let his helmet do the talking.

Your optimism is as refreshing as it is inspiring. But it's also naive and foolish. We all know there is but one man walking this earth with the skills you assume come so easily to just anyone.

And enough with your magic bean helmet. It just doesn't exist outside of your wishful thinking. You know what century this is.

dogfish
10-22-2018, 02:12 PM
i get the sentimentality, but this is a business. . . if guys like shannon and atty could get let go, DT isn't immune either. . . bottom line, his cap number is out of whack with his production, and not all of that is the QB's fault. . . we can't pay him in 2019 for what he did in previous years. . . besides, we aren't going to have a veteran star QB to throw him the ball next year, either. . . it just doesn't make a lot of financial sense to bring him back, even on a re-worked contract, when sutton is waiting in the wings on a much cheaper rookie deal, and guys like hamilton and tim patrick also look ready to play bigger roles. . . and we've seen, over and over, that you don't need superstar WRs to win in this league. . . we'd be much better using that cap space on a right tackle, or #2 cornerback. . . the top organizations aren't afraid to make tough decisions based on the best interests of the franchise-- if we get offered decent value for DT, we need to make the move. . . tell him thanks for the memories, we'll see you in the ring of fame someday. . .

BeefStew25
10-22-2018, 02:22 PM
The nfl stands for not for longer

Northman
10-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Well, Dallas just traded for Amari Cooper and gave up a first. So if we trade DT we beter not settle for anything less than that. Lol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000977422/article/cowboys-acquiring-wr-amari-cooper-from-raiders

Poet
10-22-2018, 02:33 PM
I hope he restructures. The rookie QB will need a veteran WR to lean on, and ES is far too immature to fill that void. ES gets stupid penalties, throws hissy fits when there's even talk of a rebuild, and is a primmadonna. Remember when Luck had an aging but still capable Reggie Wayne? That's what DT could be for the rookie QB.

I'm not opposed to letting DT go. It's just that his value to the team is higher, IMO, than what a lot of people realize.

dogfish
10-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Well, Dallas just traded for Amari Cooper and gave up a first. So if we trade DT we beter not settle for anything less than that. Lol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000977422/article/cowboys-acquiring-wr-amari-cooper-from-raiders

massive overpay. . . cooper sucks. . . we won't get offered close to that for DT. . . a 4th would be a fair price. . .

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 02:36 PM

Cooper is also only 24. Best case we'll get a 3rd or 4th from DT if even that.

Northman
10-22-2018, 02:37 PM
massive overpay. . . cooper sucks. . . we won't get offered close to that for DT. . . a 4th would be a fair price. . .

Overpaid or not letting DT go for anything less is just not worth it. There may not be another team that bites like Dallas did but Cooper has now set the standard in my mind and Denver would be foolish to let DT go for anything less than that. IMO

Northman
10-22-2018, 02:37 PM
DT has ten times the resume and value that Cooper has age or not.

CoachChaz
10-22-2018, 02:38 PM
Jerry Jones also once gave up two first rounders for a 29 year old Joey Galloway coming off of an injury year.

wayninja
Aaron Rodgers is getting older. Just throwing that out there into the mix.

Northman
https://scontent.fphl2-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44705931_10157723611458942_6741062530984050688_o.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-4.fna&oh=14c1d33459b3372a1d8f70aa159f9128&oe=5C3FE756

wayninja
10-22-2018, 02:39 PM
North set his phone font to "girly".

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Overpaid or not letting DT go for anything less is just not worth it. There may not be another team that bites like Dallas did but Cooper has now set the standard in my mind and Denver would be foolish to let DT go for anything less than that. IMO

Cooper is 24. DT is 30. Completely ridiculous to think DT has anywhere close to the same trade value. We'll never get a first for him in a million years.

Northman
10-22-2018, 02:42 PM

I think my relationship with Brady is having an effect on my social life.

Poet
10-22-2018, 02:44 PM
I think my relationship with Brady is having an effect on my social life.

You're just fine the way you are, North. But if Brady breaks your heart we're sending Von in.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 02:47 PM
Cooper is 24. DT is 30. Completely ridiculous to think DT has anywhere close to the same trade value. We'll never get a first for him in a million years.

By then their relative ages will be statistically insignificant tho

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 02:48 PM
By then their relative ages will be statistically insignificant tho

Good point!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2018, 03:01 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas said Monday that he would like to stay in the only locker room he has known in his nine-year NFL career, but has heard talk of a potential trade "the whole season.''

Thomas said he has seen the report the Broncos are listening to trade offers from several teams. After a tough start to the season when Thomas had five drops in the first two games, he has had just one in the past five games.

"It's football, man, it's a business,'' Thomas said Monday. "That's what happens. It's happened before [in the league], I never thought it would happen to me, but I'm like everybody else.

"Been hearing the whole season ... [maybe] some of what it is, is true, [that] my time is coming up, I don't know.''

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday that a "handful of teams'' had reached out to the Broncos about Thomas and that the Broncos were listening to offers for the 30-year-old. Thomas was a first-round pick by the Broncos in the 2010 draft and is the team's longest-tenured player.

rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25055001/demaryius-thomas-wants-stay-denver-broncos

Poet
10-22-2018, 03:04 PM
My heart hurts.

Valar Morghulis
10-22-2018, 03:05 PM
My heart hurts.

That's indigestion

Poet
10-22-2018, 03:06 PM
That's indigestion

Digestion isn't the problem, it's the acid reflex.

Brits r dum.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Digestion isn't the problem, it's the acid reflex.

Brits r dum.

You have acid reflex? Like, when it's sprayed in your face?

Poet
10-22-2018, 03:08 PM
You have acid reflex? Like, when it's sprayed in your face?

No. When they ATTEMPT to spray it in my face.

Ninjas r dum.

NightTerror218
10-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Much rather keep him and rework contract after this year with extention and kick his cap hit.

Northman
10-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Much rather keep him and rework contract after this year with extention and kick his cap hit.

Hopefully he wants to do that.

dogfish
10-22-2018, 03:22 PM
can't hang onto the past forever, fellas. . . youth gets served in sports, and WR is the position where we currently have the most young talent. . .

Poet
10-22-2018, 03:25 PM
can't hang onto the past forever, fellas. . . youth gets served in sports, and WR is the position where we currently have the most young talent. . .

Eh - DT is still pretty good and useful to a young QB. I think your take isn't wrong, but it's a little more nuanced than that.

Your nuggets are going to be fire, btw.

NightTerror218
10-22-2018, 04:26 PM

Loyal speaks volumes too and if the young talent was that good he would be losing snaps to them which he is not. He is still #1 WR.

BroncoWave
10-22-2018, 04:29 PM
Loyal speaks volumes too and if the young talent was that good he would be losing snaps to them which he is not. He is still #1 WR.

Or we could just have an incompetent coaching staff.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
2h2 hours ago

Seems to me trading away Demaryius Thomas is not good timing with MCL sprain to No. 4 WR DaeSean Hamilton. With Browns, 49ers, Raiders left on schedule, 3-4 Broncos not done. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Kevin Seifert

Funny you bring this up. Talked to DT about it today. After 3 drops in first 2 games, DT has not had a drop in last 5 games Said he: "I'm trying not to run without the ball. The three drops I had in the beginning of the season I was trying to run without the ball.'' #9sports

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 04:40 PM

Basically this...this is the same coaching staff that never played Deangelo Henderson till the end of the year, then once they finally did he went ham...Instead of building on that, they put him on the PS and let him get snatched...

Just because a player isn't getting snaps isn't an indication of much...

Poet
10-22-2018, 04:40 PM
No drops in five games? My god, it must mean that just because a pass is in the vicinity of a WR doesn't mean it's a drop! Almost as if a QB's throw and accuracy is factored into the equation!

I ride with DT, dammit!

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Seems to me trading away Demaryius Thomas is not good timing with MCL sprain to No. 4 WR DaeSean Hamilton. With Browns, 49ers, Raiders left on schedule, 3-4 Broncos not done. #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Kevin Seifert

Funny you bring this up. Talked to DT about it today. After 3 drops in first 2 games, DT has not had a drop in last 5 games Said he: "I'm trying not to run without the ball. The three drops I had in the beginning of the season I was trying to run without the ball.'' #9sports

What isn't mentioned there is that Jordan Taylor will be eligible to return from IR soon...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 04:41 PM

Bahahaha!!!

The bottom of the screen is cut off where it says “pumpkin spice Monday”.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Um, we are not in anyway trading DT to make room for Sunshine. Nope

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Um, we are not in anyway trading DT to make room for Sunshine. Nope

Didn't say that. I'm just saying that if we do trade DT, sunshine will be here for depth.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 04:50 PM

Looks like some sort of Disney Princess font.

nevcraw
10-22-2018, 05:05 PM

OMG not the Jordan Tailor!?!? Ol’ sunshine himself.
Best known for 4-6 catches a year and one time Manning rehab buddy!! Yeah he can jump right up and fill the void left by DT from his previous place of being the last WR to make the team every year. Very comparible.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Best known for 4-6 catches a year and one time Manning rehab buddy!! Yeah he can jump right up and fill the void left by DT from his previous place of being the last WR to make the team every year. Very comparible.

Sutton's gonna fill the void, but with Taylor coming back we have a competent vet behind him for depth.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 05:11 PM

Dude, we don't want him as a receiver. He's our QB3 (soon to be 1).

Poet
10-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Let's ditch ES, too.

Freyaka
10-22-2018, 05:13 PM
Let's ditch ES, too.

No, ES actually still has gas in the tank and can work with the crap we have at QB.

Poet
10-22-2018, 05:19 PM
No, ES actually still has gas in the tank and can work with the crap we have at QB.

ES will be a drain on a young QB. I don't want to pair a young WR with a guy who bitches about the team doing rebuilds (malcontent) who gets stupid penalties that hurt the team, and who has had a reputation of being a douche.

ES is a nice player when things are going right. But he's not a leader or a mentor. That's not in his wheelhouse.

Cugel
10-22-2018, 06:08 PM

That is exactly how the veterans on the team will view this. Every single SB 50 veteran will simply say "Wow! So Elway is dismantling the team less than 1/2 into a season where we have a good chance of making the playoffs! I'm calling my agent!"

They wouldn't win another game all year if he does this. It will just rip the heart out of the team.

They might as well fire Vance Joseph, and put in Kelly and watch the team fall apart if that's the plan. (VJ sucks as coach, but any interim head coach won't be any better - they will need to replace him at seasons' end but in the middle of the year? What's the point of that? Nothing good will come of it now).

And the downside risk is: do they even out-tank the Tanking teams like the Raiders and Cardinals which have 1 win and won't likely get more than 1 more all year?

Probably not. The Broncos might lose every single remaining game and still not get better than about the 5th pick of the draft. So, if Elway is thinking that he's going to have that #1 overall pick and select his future franchise QB, well good luck!

Because Oakland is going to take him ahead of you! That is exactly why Gruden got rid of Kalil Mack right before the season, just to make sure the veterans on his team got the message "you're not wanted! We don't want to win now at all! We want to win with a brand new QB not named Derek Carr in 2021."

Cugel
10-22-2018, 06:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Well, obviously we have an incompetent coaching staff. But, you can't seriously believe that Vance Joseph is behind this move!

This is Elway 120% all the way. VJ can't be happy about it either.

"Sure thing, John. Take away my second leading receiver who's tied for team lead on TDs! I'll just go ahead and start polishing my resume shall I?"

DT has been nothing but good this year.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 06:23 PM

If nothing else we can part him out and trade his organs. It's a business after all.

Jsteve01
10-22-2018, 06:32 PM

Watching him run the route that he ran when they broke it down on the game on Thursday and protection broke down he bust it up field then came back. The guy still runs fantastic routes for his size.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Honestly, the DT trade ship has probably sailed. I’d be willing to bet it was the Cowboys that inquired about him - not “several teams”. They just tossed the Faiders their 2019 first rounder for Amari Cooper.

VonDoom
10-24-2018, 08:07 AM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1054954516787933185?s=21

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1054954862574821377?s=21

Northman
10-24-2018, 08:14 AM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1054954516787933185?s=21

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1054954862574821377?s=21

Kind of funny most interest is in ES but the Broncos are not interested in letting him go but are open to letting DT go.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2018, 08:53 AM
Kind of funny most interest is in ES but the Broncos are not interested in letting him go but are open to letting DT go.

DT has a much bigger contract, almost double the size.

Northman
10-24-2018, 09:16 AM
DT has a much bigger contract, almost double the size.

Yea but i would think the teams interested probably have the cap room.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2018, 09:43 AM
Yea but i would think the teams interested probably have the cap room.

I would not assume that at all. I would assume teams looking to trade for a quality starter at this point of the season are contenders looking for help in a playoff run.

Let’s look at Amari Cooper for example. His contract has a lot to do with why he garnered a 1st round draft pick. He’s still on his rookie deal. The Cowboys might not even be able to resign him next year but his contract is relativley easy to fit in their cap.

This is a big reason why the best case scenario in swapping DT is a conditional mid round pick. No one is giving up a 1st for either Sanders or DT.

Valar Morghulis
10-24-2018, 11:13 AM
People want sanders because he still has gas in the tank. thats it.

People want DT because they hope they can role back a year or two in the right scheme

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2018, 11:46 AM
People want sanders because he still has gas in the tank. thats it.

People want DT because they hope they can role back a year or two in the right scheme

So, Sanders team friendly contract has nothing to do with it? I don’t think it’s either or my friend. People wouldn’t be after Sanders if he was scheduled to make $15 million this year.

Do you really think Amari Cooper is a better football player than Sanders right now? I think we would have heard about it if someone offered a first for Sanders.

Valar Morghulis
10-24-2018, 11:57 AM
So, Sanders team friendly contract has nothing to do with it? I don’t think it’s either or my friend. People wouldn’t be after Sanders if he was scheduled to make $15 million this year.

Do you really think Amari Cooper is a better football player than Sanders right now? I think we would have heard about it if someone offered a first for Sanders.

Amari Cooper had potentially at least another 5 years in him.

Sanders, maybe 2.

No one gives up a first for 18 months

VonDoom
10-24-2018, 12:19 PM
I would not assume that at all. I would assume teams looking to trade for a quality starter at this point of the season are contenders looking for help in a playoff run.

Let’s look at Amari Cooper for example. His contract has a lot to do with why he garnered a 1st round draft pick. He’s still on his rookie deal. The Cowboys might not even be able to resign him next year but his contract is relativley easy to fit in their cap.

This is a big reason why the best case scenario in swapping DT is a conditional mid round pick. No one is giving up a 1st for either Sanders or DT.

Cooper is due 13.9 million next year (fifth year option) and then is a FA. Cowboys either gave up a first rounder for 1.5 years of a not so cheap WR or need to give him a bigger contract. Dumb move

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Amari Cooper had potentially at least another 5 years in him.

Sanders, maybe 2.

No one gives up a first for 18 months

I agree Dave, and I’m also not blind. I can see that Sanders has been outplaying DT this year. However saying the contracts involved has nothing to do with it is shortsighted, IMO.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2018, 12:39 PM
Cooper is due 13.9 million next year (fifth year option) and then is a FA. Cowboys either gave up a first rounder for 1.5 years of a not so cheap WR or need to give him a bigger contract. Dumb move

It might be a dumb move. We’ll find out if they are able to negotiate an extension before next season.

wayninja
10-24-2018, 12:39 PM
I agree Dave, and I’m also not blind. I can see that Sanders has been outplaying DT this year. However saying the contracts involved has nothing to do with it is shortsighted, IMO.

Blind, shortsighted. Brilliant.

Northman
10-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Im sure the contract has some to do with it but i dont think its the crutch of why he isnt getting any interest.

wayninja
10-24-2018, 01:19 PM
The crux is the crutch he needs for his crotch. That's the biggie.

Just ignore me, I'm tickled by wordplay.

LawDog
10-24-2018, 01:23 PM
Can we merge the Kelly Released and DT Trade Rumors threads? Any teams out there with a viable vet QB that we could acquire via trade with DT?

wayninja
10-24-2018, 01:25 PM
We all know it's just going to be a discussion about getting Sloter back from minny. Let's just get to it already.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2018, 01:25 PM
Can we merge the Kelly Released and DT Trade Rumors threads? Any teams out there with a viable vet QB that we could acquire via trade with DT?

Send DT to the Saints for Bridgewater. Straight up.

Valar Morghulis
10-24-2018, 01:26 PM

Nice!!

Freyaka
10-24-2018, 01:28 PM

I was thinking of this earlier.

Northman
10-24-2018, 01:29 PM
Bridgewater sucks, pass.

turftoad
10-24-2018, 01:29 PM

I say trade DT and second to AZ for Patrick Peterson. We need CB and AZ needs WR.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2018, 01:48 PM
I say trade DT and second to AZ for Patrick Peterson. We need CB and AZ needs WR.

It’s time to blow it up. It’s not time to acquire high priced veterans who peaked 2 years ago.

CoachChaz
10-24-2018, 01:52 PM
It’s time to blow it up. It’s not time to acquire high priced veterans who peaked 2 years ago.

Agred. If we were a CB away from super bowl contention, I'd get behind this. But in no way shape or form are we a viable playoff team for the near future, so why swap salary cap space for a player getting into the back end of his career?

Trade DT for draft capital. DO the same with Marshall and Sanders while we're at it.

Poet
10-24-2018, 01:55 PM
Agred. If we were a CB away from super bowl contention, I'd get behind this. But in no way shape or form are we a viable playoff team for the near future, so why swap salary cap space for a player getting into the back end of his career?

Trade DT for draft capital. DO the same with Marshall and Sanders while we're at it.

You and I, we are aligned.

CoachChaz
10-24-2018, 02:03 PM
You and I, we are aligned.

Frightening.

But as much as we enjoy mocking the Raiders and Giants for their trades...it seems they actually understand reality.

Poet
10-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Frightening.

But as much as we enjoy mocking the Raiders and Giants for their trades...it seems they actually understand reality.

Do you like Herbert?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2018, 02:08 PM

Agreed

Freyaka
10-24-2018, 02:15 PM

Then on the flip side of that, Eagles want Roby. So DT to AZ for Peterson, Roby to Philly for Foles.

Superbowl.

Broncoknight30
10-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Would DT to the Giants for Janoris Jenkins make any sense?

Freyaka
10-24-2018, 02:26 PM
Would DT to the Giants for Janoris Jenkins make any sense?

If you are going the old guy route, Peterson's the better player IMO.

CoachChaz
10-24-2018, 02:32 PM
Draft capital...Cap space. Those should be the only 2 things we want in return.

dogfish
10-24-2018, 02:47 PM
can DT play quarterback? i hear we have an opening there. . .

EastCoastBronco
10-25-2018, 07:03 AM
can DT play quarterback? i hear we have an opening there. . .

Sanders can.

Broncoknight30
10-25-2018, 08:26 AM
I know DT is a bit older (same age as Dez) but if Amari Cooper just went for a first rounder.....DT should field more than that. At least similar value.

I owned Cooper in my ff league last year and his production was awful. Not good at all this year (except of course against the frequent flier zone Broncos.)

He has really been ordinary, not just under Gruden. So, he went for a first rounder?

Northman
10-25-2018, 08:58 AM
I know DT is a bit older (same age as Dez) but if Amari Cooper just went for a first rounder.....DT should field more than that. At least similar value.

I owned Cooper in my ff league last year and his production was awful. Not good at all this year (except of course against the frequent flier zone Broncos.)

He has really been ordinary, not just under Gruden. So, he went for a first rounder?

Dallas definitely overpaid so in theory they kind of set the market for the kind of value that a top tier receiver should garner. However, the one thing that works against DT is his age but i would agree that Denver would be kind of stupid to accept anything less than a 2nd round pick for him. IMO

TXBRONC
10-25-2018, 09:00 AM

What if offers that Elway has been offer have been a 5th or lower?

Cugel
10-25-2018, 09:26 AM

Except that DT is 31 years old and Amari Cooper is 24. DT is on his last legs, and Cooper is just getting started and could have another 8 productive seasons. That explains the difference between a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder - which is reportedly what DT is worth at present.

It's still probably a stupid move for Dallas, but Jerry Jones is Jerry Jones.

Nobody is going to give the Broncos anything significant for these ageing veterans, and so Elway decided not to trade any of them.

The Trade deadline is in 4 days and it looks like Elway is serious in saying that they are not trading anybody this season.

Cugel
10-25-2018, 09:30 AM
What if offers that Elway has been offer have been a 5th or lower?

According to sports radio guy Sandy Clough 4th rounder is what they were offered. I don't know if his "sources" are accurate, but probably so as Elway didn't trade DT, and it wasn't because they are keeping DT and his $10m salary next season. And it isn't because the team is going anywhere this year, not without a QB. They would be fine without DT, since they would just move Courtland Sutton into his position.

So, why didn't they trade DT? Logically, the answer can only be that there was little or no real interest from potential trade partners. The Broncos weren't offered anything much for him.

VonDoom
10-28-2018, 04:08 PM
Patriots allegedly interested in DT. Kill me now

Simple Jaded
10-28-2018, 04:15 PM
They love ES too, tried to sign him as a RFA but the Stealers matched offer.

Rick
10-28-2018, 04:18 PM
Then on the flip side of that, Eagles want Roby. So DT to AZ for Peterson, Roby to Philly for Foles.

Superbowl.

Foles?? He is no better than Keenum.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2018, 04:19 PM
Foles?? He is no better than Keenum.

He’s cheaper and ride all the cool rides at Disney Land.

Cugel
10-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Patriots allegedly interested in DT. Kill me now

You mean today? I doubt anything happens. The Patriots aren't going to offer anything much for DT. The Broncos would be lucky to get a 5th round pick from them. I don't believe that trade will ever happen.

Those teams view each other as hated rivals, it's rather like trading with the Chiefs or Raiders. And Belichick certainly wants to make as certain as he can that the Broncos never get resurrected to be a major thorn in his side again - like when we won AFC Championship games against them twice in the last 5 years.

I don't see a trade happening between these teams.

Poet
10-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Trading for more veterans is a waste of time. The roster is on such a downward slide the team would need massive amounts of cap space and more draft capital to fix the team through that avenue in the first place.

Northman
10-28-2018, 04:41 PM
DT on the Patriots would be deadly.

Poet
10-28-2018, 04:46 PM

I don't want to see it.

It makes me sad.

Nomad
10-28-2018, 04:50 PM

I guarantee DT is hoping it happens, regardless he says he wants to be a Bronco. Who would you rather throwing to you....Tom Brady or Case Keenum? LoL.

Northman
10-28-2018, 04:54 PM
I guarantee DT is hoping it happens, regardless he says he wants to be a Bronco. Who would you rather throwing to you....Tom Brady or Case Keenum? LoL.

As much as i would hate him going to NE im very comfortable with trading him so as long as we can get good compensation. Plus, if NE does end up winning another championship it would be nice to see DT get another ring before he retires. I know Brady would love it.

Magnificent Seven
10-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Trade DT for Gronk!

BeefStew25
10-28-2018, 11:57 PM
DT for AJ Derby

Hawgdriver
10-29-2018, 12:01 AM
DT for AJ Derby

That's all I can think about too when this trade DT stuff comes up. I bet Vikings would want a 3d for Sloter now.

UnderArmour
10-29-2018, 05:52 AM
Dot connection wise, New England and Miami make the most sense as trade destinations because of familiarity with coaching staffs. If Josh Allen hadn't gotten hurt, Buffalo might have made a move to give their QB a safety net. The Jets may be in the hunt for the same reason, and a transition into Bates offense would not be seamless for DT, as it has major commonalities with Kubiak's. I could be completely wrong here and DT could go to some random place, but the AFC East seems like DT's next division.

Broncoknight30
10-29-2018, 06:57 AM
He’s cheaper and ride all the cool rides at Disney Land.

Soaring is a really cool ride at Epcot

PatriotsGuy
10-29-2018, 08:55 AM

Rather have Sanders, BB almost got him in 2013

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000416649/article/emmanuel-sanders-nearly-signed-with-patriots

Freyaka
10-29-2018, 09:19 AM

Yep, old man brady would revive him like he did the corpse of Randy Moss...

Northman
10-29-2018, 09:37 AM
Rather have Sanders, BB almost got him in 2013

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000416649/article/emmanuel-sanders-nearly-signed-with-patriots

But you cant have him. Dont be greedy.....

PatriotsGuy
10-29-2018, 09:55 AM
But you cant have him. Dont be greedy.....

lol! I am surprised that thye are rumored to be looking at offense, need defense.

Freyaka
10-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Patriots just eff off... They can't have any of our players unless they want Isaiah McKenzie...

LawDog
10-29-2018, 10:38 AM
My prediction, the trade deadline will let us know what Radio's future is in Denver. Namely, if we go heavy trade and it's for other players he stays. Heavy trade for draft capital he's gone. No trading, or just one player he stays.

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Patriots just eff off... They can't have any of our players unless they want Isaiah McKenzie...

I want to get the best return possible for him. If it's from the pats, so be it.

Freyaka
10-29-2018, 11:18 AM
I want to get the best return possible for him. If it's from the pats, so be it.

No, I'd rather get nothing in return than to help those basturds get better.

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 12:01 PM
No, I'd rather get nothing in return than to help those basturds get better.

That's just silly. If helping the pats briefly sets us up better for our future, so be it.

Freyaka
10-29-2018, 12:35 PM
That's just silly. If helping the pats briefly sets us up better for our future, so be it.

Nope... Seeing dt in a pats jersey will do irreparable damage to my soul. No compensation is worth that.

PatriotsGuy
10-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Nope... Seeing dt in a pats jersey will do irreparable damage to my soul. No compensation is worth that.

lol now I want it to happen

MOtorboat
10-29-2018, 12:51 PM

I hate you.

PatriotsGuy
10-29-2018, 01:05 PM
I hate you.

Well, the feeling is not mutual.

Freyaka
10-29-2018, 01:32 PM

Why do you have to turn the dagger? Why?

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 01:36 PM

I get that, but if they offered us a first round pick for him, hypothetically, we would be the biggest morons on the planet to say no to that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-29-2018, 01:38 PM
I get that, but if they offered us a first round pick for him, hypothetically, we would be the biggest morons on the planet to say no to that.

That is an unlikely hypothetical. The Pats are the kind of franchise that will offer a conditional 6th.

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 01:44 PM
That is an unlikely hypothetical. The Pats are the kind of franchise that will offer a conditional 6th.

I was listening to some insider today, I forget who, saying that the pats are shopping a "high" draft pick for WR help and DT was the first name out of the guy's mouth. I agree that a first is probably not happening, but even if they offer a second I think you have to jump on that.

CoachChaz
10-29-2018, 01:50 PM

It will really be dictated by the market. Amount of interest...other offers...remaining contract...etc.

Remember in 2007 when the Pats gave up a 4th round pick for a future HoF Randy Moss who many considered to be at the end of his career? But only a month before that, they gave up a 2nd and 5th round pick for a young, multi-tool receiver with 96 career receiving yards in Wes Welker. It's all about the market demands.

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 01:54 PM
It will really be dictated by the market. Amount of interest...other offers...remaining contract...etc.

Remember in 2007 when the Pats gave up a 4th round pick for a future HoF Randy Moss who many considered to be at the end of his career? But only a month before that, they gave up a 2nd and 5th round pick for a young, multi-tool receiver with 96 career receiving yards in Wes Welker. It's all about the market demands.

Dallas going full retard and giving up a first for Cooper might wind up being a huge blessing for us. Going to make every other team trying to deal a WR set that as the baseline. So even if we have to "settle" for a second, that's probably way more than any of us thought we'd get out of him a few weeks ago.

Freyaka
10-29-2018, 01:55 PM

I'd have to stop watching football until he retired. I couldn't stomach it anymore at that point. First round or not, that's making a deal with the devil.

Magnificent Seven
10-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Trade DT to Arizona Cardinals for CB Peterson.

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 01:58 PM
I'd have to stop watching football until he retired. I couldn't stomach it anymore at that point. First round or not, that's making a deal with the devil.

Wouldn't really bother me all that much, personally. But I do get it.

Nomad
10-29-2018, 01:59 PM

I wouldn’t mind having a Tiger great on the Broncos.

MOtorboat
10-29-2018, 02:12 PM

Why?

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Why?

Yeah that doesn't really make a lot of sense. If we deal DT it's because we're rebuilding. Draft picks are the only retun that makes sense.

underrated29
10-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Trade whatever we have to to the colts for andrew luck, aside from Von, Chubb, Harris, Sutton....Even Lindsey as much as I love the dude. Maybe not Lindsey. NO, we need Luck. Send it all for him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-29-2018, 04:01 PM

Fair enough

CoachChaz
10-29-2018, 04:11 PM
Trade whatever we have to to the colts for andrew luck, aside from Von, Chubb, Harris, Sutton....Even Lindsey as much as I love the dude. Maybe not Lindsey. NO, we need Luck. Send it all for him.

The Luck conversation probably starts with 2 firsts, 2 seconds and Von...and continues to go downhill from there.

underrated29
10-29-2018, 04:14 PM
The Luck conversation probably starts with 2 firsts, 2 seconds and Von...and continues to go downhill from there.

Aside from Von, Chubb, Harris, Sutton.....Im all for that.

Tangerine
10-29-2018, 04:28 PM

They wouldn't trade him even for 6 firsts lol. The Colts are starting to turn things around and it's all thanks to Luck's arm, he'd be an MVP candidate if their record was better. They have a lot of young players, a ton of cap space, and a QB capable of playing at an MVP level, why would they mess with that just for some draft picks that would probably be busts anyway? Heck, they could still even win the AFC South this year.

Luck's numbers this year are almost as good as Mahomes, with way less talent around him, yet nobody is talking about him. Imagine Luck on the Chiefs with Andy Reid....

Magnificent Seven
10-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Why?

They need an elite CB. It would be super nice if they have Harris Jr on this side and Peterson on another side.

Poet
10-29-2018, 04:47 PM

Well we swap one massive contract for another one, so there's that.

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 04:47 PM
They need an elite CB. It would be super nice if they have Harris Jr on this side and Peterson on another side.

Arizona would never do that trade in a million years. Why on Earth would they trade their best young asset for an over the hill, expensive WR? That has literally no upside for them.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-29-2018, 05:27 PM
Arizona would never do that trade in a million years. Why on Earth would they trade their best young asset for an over the hill, expensive WR? That has literally no upside for them.
Peterson peaked 2 years ago, and he’s not much younger than DT. Although it doesn’t make sense for either team to trade for a high priced veteran when neither team is in contention

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Peterson peaked 2 years ago, and he’s not much younger than DT. Although it doesn’t make sense for either team to trade for a high priced veteran when neither team is in contention

Peterson is only 28. They could just fetch so much more for him in a trade than DT.

UnderArmour
10-29-2018, 06:36 PM
My prediction, the trade deadline will let us know what Radio's future is in Denver. Namely, if we go heavy trade and it's for other players he stays. Heavy trade for draft capital he's gone. No trading, or just one player he stays.

He's gone no matter what if this team doesn't get it together and make the playoffs. 8-8 isn't good enough.

I think any trade this team makes will be to get a young guy more playing time. Chubb has taken off since Shane Ray hit the bench, and while I would prefer to keep Shaq Barrett, I think trade value wise Shaq would fetch more value in a trade right now than Ray.

Same thing at receiver. I think the team is saying "Oh, we won't move Emmanuel," but realistically as the deadline approaches, I think there is a scenario tomorrow where Emmanuel draws an offer value wise that makes sense and we keep DT. Either way, one will likely move tomorrow so that Sutton can get starter snaps.

At MLB, this team values its first year players. Moving Brandon Marshall makes sense to potentially get Josey Jewel more snaps. The team is rostering 6 ILBs right now, so moving one just makes sense from a number standpoint as well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-29-2018, 07:19 PM
Peterson is only 28. They could just fetch so much more for him in a trade than DT.

I agree, but I think my point is still valid. Why would we trade for a high price veteran who is only two years younger than DT? It might make sense if we were 5-2.

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 07:21 PM
I agree, but I think my point is still valid. Why would we trade for a high price veteran who is only two years younger than DT? It might make sense if we were 5-2.

I agree that the trade wouldn't make much sense for either team.

capt. Jack
10-29-2018, 08:29 PM
If we got a 2nd round pick for DT that would be awesome!

VonDoom
10-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Allbright says the Patriots and Texans are both interested in DT. Followed up by saying we’re looking for a third, but would probably settle for a fourth or fifth. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow

BroncoWave
10-29-2018, 09:17 PM
That would be kinda funny if we traded him to Houston this week.

dogfish
10-29-2018, 11:21 PM
send him to houston. . .

never deal with the devil. . .

Simple Jaded
10-29-2018, 11:24 PM
Throw in P-Stiff.

Poet
10-30-2018, 12:10 AM
Throw in P-Stiff.

:coffee:

Davii
10-30-2018, 01:02 AM
I don’t see it happening. Pats won’t give enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe the Texans will, but I doubt it.

Dapper Dan
10-30-2018, 08:52 AM
I just wanna see my dude happy and appreciated.

Freyaka
10-30-2018, 09:23 AM
I just wanna see my dude happy and appreciated.

I do too, but can it not be the patriots? Texans need a WR and have the money for his contract. He'd absolutely feast in Houston.

Freyaka
10-30-2018, 09:24 AM
I don’t see it happening. Pats won’t give enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe the Texans will, but I doubt it.

Troy Renck makes it sound like it's more likely than not that DT is gone this afternoon. There were reports that New England is desperate for a WR and wants either DT or Golden Tate and is willing to give a "High Pick" now, who knows how much a high pick is? 2nd? 3rd?

But It sounds like there are several teams showing interest and it's a good possibility he's moved today.

Dapper Dan
10-30-2018, 09:25 AM
I do too, but can it not be the patriots? Texans need a WR and have the money for his contract. He'd absolutely feast in Houston.

From what I hear from former Patriots, I don't think he would be genuinely happy there. He should go to the Rams.

Freyaka
10-30-2018, 12:15 PM
DT to the Texans for a fourth. Good for him! That's a great situation for him and he's gonna tear it up with Watson throwing deep bombs to him. #DtNotDoneYet #PleaseDontMurderUsSunday

Freyaka
10-30-2018, 12:16 PM
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1057316472928768007

On DT trade: "My understanding is the #Broncos held firm on a 4th round pick, though that may not be the end of the compensation."

Happy for the dude. Texans offense is scary now with DT on one side D-Hop on the other.

VonDoom
10-30-2018, 12:19 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffdarlington/status/1057320336478425089?s=21

VonDoom
10-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Love DT and I’m sorry to see him go but ultimately this is probably for the best. Once we knew Sutton wasn’t a Carlos Henderson bust, DT’s time here was limited. Ring of Fame for sure.

Also, glad it’s not the Patriots

Poet
10-30-2018, 12:23 PM
I understand why it happened.

It just bums me out.

VonDoom
10-30-2018, 12:24 PM
https://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl/status/1057321039640870913?s=21

Mike
10-30-2018, 12:25 PM
Tebow to DT is forever etched into my top Bronco moments of all time. Wish him well.

Freyaka
10-30-2018, 12:25 PM
I understand why it happened.

It just bums me out.

As a fan of DT as a person, I'm freaking excited for him. This team isn't going anywhere, he wasn't getting the production he is still capable of.

DeAndre is going to be drawing CB1 coverage and possibly double teams. DT's about to have the time of his life in Houston with a good QB throwing him the ball.

Dude just went from a sinking ship to a playoff contender.

Northman
10-30-2018, 12:27 PM
Im ok with it, still think he is worth more than a 4th because he has a couple of good years left in him but also realize he would be going to waste this year on a losing season. Maybe he can get one last playoff hooray with the Texans.