PDA

View Full Version : Pat Bowlen's daughter Brittany wants to run Broncos one day

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2018, 10:07 PM
DENVER -- Brittany Bowlen, one of Pat Bowlen's seven children, said Saturday night she's hoping to one day succeed her father as principal owner of the Denver Broncos.

It was the first public declaration of her intention and it came at the Global Down Syndrome Foundation's annual fashion show, where she is co-chair.

The franchise has been run by a trust since Pat Bowlen stepped away several years ago to battle Alzheimer's.

"Right now, the Denver Broncos have an owner. It's my father. Unfortunately, he can't be involved in the day-to-day of the team," Brittany Bowlen said. "I do have ambitions and goals to one day becoming the controlling owner of the Denver Broncos. And I'll keep working toward those goals. I'm not there yet, but I really believe I can get there."

rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25037733/pat-bowlen-daughter-brittany-wants-run-denver-broncos-one-day

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 10:16 PM
I think this is who the family wants to take over, cause they have another qualified candidate that they have no interest in.

Davii
10-20-2018, 10:22 PM
I think this is who the family wants to take over, cause they have another qualified candidate that they have no interest in.

Who?

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 10:43 PM
Who?

Beth Bowlen, apparently she meets all criteria.

Davii
10-20-2018, 10:45 PM
Beth Bowlen, apparently she meets all criteria.

Ahh. I hadn't heard that she does

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 10:48 PM
Ahh. I hadn't heard that she does

She says she does, lists them all. They say she doesn’t and doesn’t elaborate.

slim
10-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Is she hot?

NightTerror218
10-20-2018, 10:54 PM
She says she does, lists them all. They say she doesn’t and doesn’t elaborate.

Last time a bowen kid said they met all criteria to Denver post the trust came down on them for claiming it and stating no bowen kid has met all the criteria only some.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 10:54 PM
I’d hit it, sight unseen.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Last time a bowen kid said they met all criteria to Denver post the trust came down on them for claiming it and stating no bowen kid has met all the criteria only some.

That was her.

Tned
10-21-2018, 01:34 AM
Multiple reports came out earlier in the year that Brittany is who the Broncos (presumably trustees) want to take over Broncos.

Video of her recently.

https://youtu.be/iLwJVSA9nqc

Shazam!
10-21-2018, 07:23 AM
They need someone to take over at the top. Not sure how much linger they can go with the Trust. Need a clear leader at the top with a direction.

NightTrainLayne
10-21-2018, 08:57 AM
Multiple reports came out earlier in the year that Brittany is who the Broncos (presumably trustees) want to take over Broncos.

Video of her recently.

She looks just like her Dad.

Slick
10-21-2018, 09:02 AM
She looks like she’s in her 40’s.

Jaws
10-21-2018, 10:01 AM

Prime time.

Shazam!
10-21-2018, 10:16 AM
Id hit it lol

She should be looking at all kinds of alzheimers preventative therapies.

Poet
10-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Ownership is the only time we should be keeping it in the family.

wayninja
10-22-2018, 05:09 PM
I like how this thread is equal parts analysis on the broncos trust situation and controlling ownership and "would you hit that".

Cugel
10-22-2018, 06:25 PM

Brittany Bowlen, 28, received her master's degree in business administration from Duke in May after graduating from Notre Dame with a degree in finance, then working for two years at NFL headquarters and a year with the Broncos as a business analyst.

Clearly you're blind. Not even close. She's not even 30. :laugh:

horsepig
10-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Very nice looking young woman. Is she ready to mix it up with all the stodgy old backstabbers in the league upper crust?

Slick
10-22-2018, 10:34 PM
Clearly you're blind. Not even close. She's not even 30. :laugh:

I can read Cugel. She doesn’t look 28 to me. She looks way older than that.

Poet
10-22-2018, 10:37 PM

Clearly he's blind. Clearly. As clear as you read the sentence in question.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2018, 07:14 AM

She's a lot more attractive at a distance.

BeefStew25
10-23-2018, 07:35 AM
Very nice looking young woman. Is she ready to mix it up with all the stodgy old backstabbers in the league upper crust?

Joe Ellis is prepared to do the heavy lifting for her.

Freyaka
10-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Joe Ellis is prepared to do the heavy lifting for her.

Which is probably the way it should be. There really isn't anything wrong with the way Joe's been running things. No need to shake things up, just ease her into the role and let her do her thing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-23-2018, 10:13 AM

Video of her recently.

I’m impressed. She is very likeable. She carries herself well and is an excellent communicator.

BeefStew25
10-23-2018, 10:23 AM
She is a leader of men.

Cugel
10-23-2018, 10:48 AM

If you were talking about her mom, I'd agree:

Too many surgeries makes her face look like The Joker.

BeefStew25
10-23-2018, 10:52 AM
Good grief.

Freyaka
10-23-2018, 10:56 AM
If you were talking about her mom, I'd agree:

Too many surgeries makes her face look like The Joker.

You should go sit yourself in the corner for that comment, even if there is some truth to it. That's Broncos royalty you are talking about there Cugel...

Simple Jaded
10-23-2018, 08:30 PM
I will not stand by and tolerate this shameful denigrating of my future wife, Britney Jaded.

Good day!

Poet
10-23-2018, 08:35 PM
I will not stand by and tolerate this shameful denigrating of my future wife, Britney Jaded.

Good day!

Your current wife...hook me a brother up?

Simple Jaded
10-23-2018, 08:36 PM
Your current wife...hook me a brother up?

Her either.

Good day!

Poet
10-23-2018, 08:37 PM
Her either.

Good day!

I'm not denigrating her. I mean, I'm a POS but she married you...Jaded you've met you you know that you suck!!!

Simple Jaded
10-23-2018, 08:41 PM
I'm not denigrating her. I mean, I'm a POS but she married you...Jaded you've met you you know that you suck!!!

She’s been through a lot.

Poet
10-23-2018, 08:43 PM
She’s been through a lot.

In all seriousness, I bet she's a lovely young lady, and that you two are very happy together. You're a good human being, and I love you.

Simple Jaded
10-23-2018, 08:45 PM
In all seriousness, I bet she's a lovely young lady, and that you two are very happy together. You're a good human being, and I love you.

She’s the best thing that ever happened to me, and I’ve personally won 3 SB’s, so that’s saying a lot.

Poet
10-23-2018, 08:47 PM
She’s the best thing that ever happened to me, and I’ve personally won 3 SB’s, so that’s saying a lot.

I often forget that you're the longest running scout in Broncos history.

Simple Jaded
10-23-2018, 08:59 PM
I often forget that you're the longest running scout in Broncos history.

I’m kind of a big deal.

Colorado4Life
10-25-2018, 10:12 PM
Brittany will represent the Denver Broncos well. She is well educated and focused on doing what is best for the franchise. I want to believe that she will keep her ego in check and do what she can to restore the Broncos to the glory days.

Hawgdriver
10-25-2018, 10:13 PM
So...remind me again. Why not Beth?

Simple Jaded
10-25-2018, 10:16 PM

I think it’s because she’s from his first marriage but that pure soap opera speculation.

Tned
10-25-2018, 10:25 PM

I think something happened at McDaniel's team BBQ a few years ago.

Hawgdriver
10-25-2018, 10:35 PM
I think it’s because she’s from his first marriage but that pure soap opera speculation.

I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with it. Family stuff is pretty intense, those feelings don't go away. Probably why his brother is backing Beth instead of Brittany.

There is like...zero...about his first marriage on the interwebs. Kinda weird.

Hawgdriver
10-25-2018, 10:36 PM
I think something happened at McDaniel's team BBQ a few years ago.

#BethGate

BeefStew25
10-25-2018, 10:37 PM
Bowlen kinda might be ******* tbis up leaving it in the family.

Hawgdriver
10-25-2018, 10:38 PM

Isn't part of the issue Kaiser's right of first refusal?

BeefStew25
10-25-2018, 10:40 PM
Isn't part of the issue Kaiser's right of first refusal?

I thought that was put to bed.

When weaver sold the jags to khan it was so clean and nice.

Colorado4Life
10-25-2018, 11:15 PM

Beth could do the job. I disageee with the trustees that she is not qualified but nevertheless I want Brittany 100%. Yeah the politics of blended families are messy there is no question. Naturally, I should be more inclined to support Beth but from watching the high energy level of Brittany with the Down syndrome group and other activities her passion is clear. Beth is married and has other commitments in her life while Brittany will devote everything to the team. She will be like a nun devoted to the Broncos in so much that I don’t think there will be the distractions that several of her siblings seem to be exhibiting.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-25-2019, 09:31 PM
PHOENIX – Broncos CEO/president Joe Ellis said Monday that Brittany Bowlen, one of owner Pat Bowlen’s seven children, is poised to re-join the organization, “by the end of the year or within the year.”

Last October, Bowlen, 29, expressed her intention to succeed her father as the Broncos’ controlling owner. She is currently based in Denver working at the consulting firm McKinsey & Co., and previously worked for the Broncos for one year.

Ellis said Bowlen would serve in a “senior management position,” a major development in creating clarity for the future leadership of the team. It is not a stretch to presume Bowlen’s return to the Broncos would set in motion a transition that ends with Ellis handing off day-to-day responsibilities. Ellis said he’s not sure exactly when Bowlen will rejoin the team.

“It could be December, it could be January, it could maybe be earlier if I had my way,” Ellis said during an interview at the NFL’s Annual Meeting here. “There are several strategic initiatives where she can be very helpful to the organization. She has the right skill set.

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/03/25/brittany-bowlen-to-rejoin-broncos-joe-ellis/

Cugel
03-26-2019, 12:37 PM
It is not a stretch to presume Bowlen’s return to the Broncos would set in motion a transition that ends with Ellis handing off day-to-day responsibilities.

They want to get her in there as quickly as they can because of the lawsuit and the potential lawsuit by Beth Bowlen. She hasn't sued yet, but let Bill Bowlen handle the legal action. But, that doesn't mean she can't sue!

NightTrainLayne
03-26-2019, 02:53 PM
They want to get her in there as quickly as they can because of the lawsuit and the potential lawsuit by Beth Bowlen. She hasn't sued yet, but let Bill Bowlen handle the legal action. But, that doesn't mean she can't sue!

I was thinking the opposite. I think the lawsuit from Bill was probably related to Bill/Beth becoming aware that Brittany's coronation was officially in the works.

BeefStew25
03-27-2019, 09:26 AM
This is a shitshow.

Bowlen should have sold the team to a experienced business person.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-27-2019, 11:20 AM
PHOENIX – As Bill Bowlen continues his lawsuit against the three trustees in charge of his brother Pat Bowlen’s trust in an Arapahoe County court, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said here Tuesday the league will, and has been, arbitrating the Broncos’ ownership dispute.

“We have started the arbitration process,’’ Goodell said in his press conference that concluded the three-day NFL owners meetings here at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel. “Carmen Policy, I’ve selected him to oversee that. We actually have been at it for 30 or 35 days.’’

Policy, 76, is a former 49ers and Browns’ executive, who back in 1994 worked with Pat Bowlen on a committee to negotiate on behalf of the NFL for the Oakland Raiders to play in proposed Hollywood Park in Los Angeles.

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/roger-goodell-appoints-carmen-policy-to-arbitrate-broncos-ownership-dispute/73-800d75b1-5031-4a56-88bf-b229d1cb4745

BeefStew25
03-27-2019, 11:38 AM
Carol what’s your take on the ownership thing?

Ground Control
03-28-2019, 01:10 AM
I like how this thread is equal parts analysis on the broncos trust situation and controlling ownership and "would you hit that".

Yep.

Ground Control
03-28-2019, 01:47 AM
This is a shitshow.

Bowlen should have sold the team to a experienced business person.

Yes...and no. Shitshow for sure but the the majority of NFL owners have no experience in football. The breakdown is this: They inherited their wealth, earned it in outside industries, or were born into it (children of NFL owners/ founders). Except the Packers! They are a publicly traded non-profit, that has been extremely successful but the model has since been banned by the NFL. Funny, that. Success always means capitalism, right? Unless it doesn't. Well, we better make sure that doesn't happen again.

All of the folks that earned or inherited their money outside of football can thank manufacturing for their success. No exceptions. Only one of those has proved success and that's because he hired Beledick. So, business experience is does not necessarily relate to the NFL, at least as it matters most....wins. Outside of New England, which means the outlier isn't the mean and business experience is almost worthless in an industry that is an established winner with no competition.

I say let the family own it. Dirty manipulation of a man with alzheimers is definitely qualification for ownership, so why not family? I can't speak for the guy with alzheimers
but my guess is he wanted family to own it. And history shows, manufacturing acumen is not a precursor to success in the NFL (outside of the Pats). At least family owned businesses give us something to connect to, win or lose. Regardless, the Trust HAS to be over! Some guy and 2 lawyers are in no way more qualified than even you or I to run the team. K, Ellis has been with the team for a while and why not let him be President...but there needs to be the counter of an actual owner. And why not family? At least they have serious skin in the game, especially after going through this shitshow to get what Pat wants them to have, IMO?

Ground Control
03-28-2019, 02:10 AM

So far, the trust has gotten lucky AF by getting Manning. Otherwise, no go on success. Per my other reply (and simple observation), success in the manufacturing sector, or inheriting manufacturing money, is no guarantee of NFL success. So why not have someone with skin in the game (literally) keep things in check? Can't hurt anymore than what we've dealt with the last 3 years. I personally want Elway to be checked. I still believe he is on the right track but there are huuuuge questions, including the most important (QB)...but he needs to be checked and have his job in jeopardy. NFL stands for what, again (Not For Long)? Why does this only apply to the players/ coaches and not the GMs that hire them?

Again, please research NFL ownership. They are all guys or rarely girls that bought a pet/ vanity project or inherited a team. All that did not inherit an NFL team, were manufacturing babies. No guarantee that any outside influence will have any clue how to own an NFL team but a Bowlen woman that has fought tooth and nail to hopefully gain control? No guarantee but again, I'll take the person with skin in the game over some Schmoe that inherited toilet paper company.

Simple Jaded
03-28-2019, 08:10 PM
Speaking of Carmen Policy, I wonder if DeBartolo wants to get back into ownership.