Valar Morghulis
10-18-2018, 09:51 PM
The next Denver HC!!!

underrated29
10-18-2018, 09:54 PM
The next Denver HC!!!

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 09:55 PM
He's a sad, arrogant, clueless clown. Yet again, he's going to be home for the holidays with a fat check though. Hopefully, no other teams will bite on his bait.

He's another Patriot derivative gone by the wayside. When will GMs learn that without either Tom or Bill, that system is overly-obfuscated, overly-complicated nonsense? I seriously think that Belidick made it just that way, so it wouldn't proliferate. McCoy and the other castoffs, along with the GMS and coaches that hired them drank too much Koolaid and thought they could steal away with incredible secrets, or that they were equals to The Warlock and the GOAT.

Fools.

underrated29
10-18-2018, 09:55 PM
That was get the f out of here And die in a fire of Male hookers

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 09:57 PM
After everything he’s done for you? Smdh

wayninja
10-18-2018, 10:46 PM
After everything he’s done for you? Smdh

Run for no gain, run for no gain, run for no gain, punt?

Davii
10-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Run for no gain, run for no gain, run for no gain, punt?

No no no.... run for a loss, run for no gain, throw for 8 yards less than you need, punt.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 10:51 PM
Basically, yes.

Sure when you put it like that it sounds bad.

Hawgdriver
10-18-2018, 10:51 PM
I wonder if McCoy is the kind of dude who threw other coaching assistants under the bus in order to puff himself, then rode the coattails of good QBs (or FB QBs) to success, but offers absolutely nothing from himself.

Hm...

Davii
10-18-2018, 10:59 PM
He's a sad, arrogant, clueless clown. Yet again, he's going to be home for the holidays with a fat check though. Hopefully, no other teams will bite on his bait.

He's another Patriot derivative gone by the wayside. When will GMs learn that without either Tom or Bill, that system is overly-obfuscated, overly-complicated nonsense? I seriously think that Belidick made it just that way, so it wouldn't proliferate. McCoy and the other castoffs, along with the GMS and coaches that hired them drank too much Koolaid and thought they could steal away with incredible secrets, or that they were equals to The Warlock and the GOAT.

Fools.

Patriot? How so?

He coached the Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Broncos, Cardinals. Unless I missed something he’s never worked for the Pats.

Davii
10-18-2018, 11:02 PM
I wonder if McCoy is the kind of dude who threw other coaching assistants under the bus in order to puff himself, then rode the coattails of good QBs (or FB QBs) to success, but offers absolutely nothing from himself.

Hm...

As OC he had Orton/Tebow, Peyton Manning.... became HC, had Rivers, back to OC had Siemian/Lynch, now Rosen.

Manning made his career. Had he never had Peyton he would’ve been out of the league or back as position coach years ago.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Patriot? How so?

He coached the Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Broncos, Cardinals. Unless I missed something he’s never worked for the Pats.

He was Hurricane Josh’s OC, maybe that’s what he’s getting at.

Davii
10-18-2018, 11:25 PM
He was Hurricane Josh’s OC, maybe that’s what he’s getting at.

TENUOUS! Ok... maybe....

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 11:28 PM
TENUOUS! Ok... maybe....

Plausible.

Buff
10-18-2018, 11:33 PM
:wave:

I was a McCoy truther at one point. My bad.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 11:36 PM
I think people are forgetting the coaching job McCoy did with Teebs, I know it’s been a long time but that was legit.

Without him there’s no Tebowmania.

#NeverForget
#NeverForgive

Davii
10-18-2018, 11:39 PM
I think people are forgetting the coaching job McCoy did with Teebs, I know it’s been a long time but that was legit.

#NeverForget
#NeverForgive

Don’t tell you know who. He will claim Tebow made McCoy instead of reality.

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 11:41 PM
Patriot? How so?

Sorry for my mistake. McCoy wasn't a cast off from the Patriots. I will also admit to being ignorant of the deeper understanding of NFL offenses. I have only hear from every radio, coach, and player source that McCoy is a disciple of the Patriots/ Beledick derivative of the Erhardt-Perkins system. That system seems like a typical regurgitation of what it takes to win in the NFL today and yesterday but it is what Beledick used as his template for success, as far as I have learned. Outside of the very simple message given about 'Pass to score. Run to win', the system is an extremely complicated methodology that accounts for every player's individual abilities to accomplish victory. Beledick understands that greater message and is a master of it. Brady is a master of using whatever is given him to make winning a fact. In-between is the Erhardt-Perkins system that is the Patriots system.

When did it become Beledick's system and move beyond Erhardt and Perkins? I have no clue. I only know that those of much higher football knowledge than me have said that McCoy is a disciple of that system. It seems realistic to me from what little I know of it. McCoy has chosen to die in the details of the system as gospel, as apposed to the message. After looking in a cursory manner at the vast array of plays used in the Erhardt-Perkins system, I see that McCoy may have focused on all the plays available once you have established the run, and otherwise learned the root of your enemy's defense, as apposed to the basic tenants of the system.

Beledick understands what it takes to apply the system. He also happens to have a GOAT to apply it. He also controls the defense of his team, and how it uses his understanding of that winning system to make the best use of it's varying pieces. The system rules with the Patriots. All other adherents don't have the same control over the team that Beledick does. They also don't have the GOAT. Thus, my position.

His application of his scheme makes sense as a blind application of the idea of an overly complicated system that ignores the basic tenets of that system. Again, outside of my limited research, I admit to relying on former football players, DCs, and OCs and their labelling of McCoy as a disciple of the Patriots....Erhardt-Perkins system.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 11:43 PM

In a roundabout way, like; if Teebs weren’t chicken poop McCoy doesn’t have to make chicken poop soup. He’s probably never HC somewhere.

iLands
10-18-2018, 11:56 PM
Leaving Rosen in on that 4th down was disgusting. Vance called a time out - some part of me believes it was so McCoy would take Rosen off the field. Nope, Chubb sacks him and Rosen looks hurt. If the Cards don’t fire him after that...

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 11:58 PM

#NeverForget
#NeverForgive

This was the bait that I bit on when I learned he was the OC last year. I have no idea who made who but we have since learned that he is not a QB savant. Or, any kind of savant. Or, has any idea how to OC...meaning how to coordinate the entire offensive system of an NFL team and all of it's extremely complicated pieces into a working, cohesive unit that can compete and win in the NFL.

I have heard that he accepted Tebow and adapted his system to Tebow's traits (hence, bait). I have learned that he has absolutely no idea how to adapt individual player's abilities to his system. Proven true in Denver and Arizona. As to what that means in the argument over who made who in the Tebow era, I leave that to someone else. I only know that he is completely clueless regarding every aspect of what makes an NFL actually work, outside of his myopic and creepily insular vision of how perfectly executed schemes written out on paper will win Superbowls and world domination...if only he had the personnel that were worthy of his vision! Not saying he made Tebow. Maybe he was more forgiving then? Maybe he wasn't thinking more about Thanksgiving with his family more than he was thinking about NFL success? Maybe not and he was truly a savant.

Regardless, he is an idiot in today's NFL and he is definitely more concerned about other things than winning. Things being his family (good) and his ego (results up to interpretation).

Ground Control
10-19-2018, 12:00 AM
In a roundabout way, like; if Teebs weren’t chicken poop McCoy doesn’t have to make chicken poop soup. He’s probably never HC somewhere.

God made Tebow great. McCoy was just the messenger.

; )

Simple Jaded
10-19-2018, 12:09 AM
This was the bait that I bit on when I learned he was the OC last year. I have no idea who made who but we have since learned that he is not a QB savant. Or, any kind of savant. Or, has any idea how to OC...meaning how to coordinate the entire offensive system of an NFL team and all of it's extremely complicated pieces into a working, cohesive unit that can compete and win in the NFL.

I have heard that he accepted Tebow and adapted his system to Tebow's traits (hence, bait). I have learned that he has absolutely no idea how to adapt individual player's abilities to his system. Proven true in Denver and Arizona. As to what that means in the argument over who made who in the Tebow era, I leave that to someone else. I only know that he is completely clueless regarding every aspect of what makes an NFL actually work, outside of his myopic and creepily insular vision of how perfectly executed schemes written out on paper will win Superbowls and world domination...if only he had the personnel that were worthy of his vision! Not saying he made Tebow. Maybe he was more forgiving then? Maybe he wasn't thinking more about Thanksgiving with his family more than he was thinking about NFL success? Maybe not and he was truly a savant.

Regardless, he is an idiot in today's NFL and he is definitely more concerned about other things than winning. Things being his family (good) and his ego (results up to interpretation).

After everything he’s done for you? And Tebow? Smdh

Davii
10-19-2018, 12:19 AM
Leaving Rosen in on that 4th down was disgusting. Vance called a time out - some part of me believes it was so McCoy would take Rosen off the field. Nope, Chubb sacks him and Rosen looks hurt. If the Cards don’t fire him after that...

That's the HC's call to go for it on 4th, not the OC's.

ShaneFalco
10-19-2018, 01:00 AM
tebow made mike mccoy, that much is obvious.

tebow time was the team scrapping mccoys wack ass playbook and letting timothy do what he is good at, backyard ball.

ShaneFalco
10-19-2018, 01:08 AM

you doubt your stance before i even entered this thread.

because you know what is coming.

A reckoning.

ShaneFalco
10-19-2018, 03:05 AM
Oh and the moment i knew mike mccoy was terrible wasnt just under tebow, he uses too complex of a playbook and confuses his own players.

AZ couldnt even get lined up correctly on the 2nd play of the game.

He is doing this to Rosen, a rookie.

And he failed doing it with Rivers, a what 10 year vet at the time? The Rivers failure was the biggest red flag under Mccoy. Rivers a experienced and savy vet couldn't understand how to run his offense.

And then we somehow expected Siemian to do it... Dude never stood a chance.

Davii
10-19-2018, 09:09 AM
you doubt your stance before i even entered this thread.

because you know what is coming.

A reckoning.

I doubt nothing, I just know you’re a foolish troll.

wayninja
10-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Mccoy and fox threw tebow under the bus despite him carrying water for their team/playbook. They did basically everything they could to get him to fail and cared nothing for his development. Despite saying how bad he was in interviews they could have simply easily played the #2 guy (Brady Quinn), but decided to "change the playbook" for Teebs and got credit for him improvising and eeking out wins. I get the bait here, but this is a silly take.

Mccoy sucks. He's always sucked.

underrated29
10-19-2018, 10:05 AM
All McCoy did w tebow was hand the ball off. That's not being great at anything. We called like 7 passes one game.....that's not making tt great. That's just calling 98% run plays.

GEM
10-19-2018, 10:28 AM
He's been canned.

wayninja
10-19-2018, 10:33 AM
https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1053305915141570560

edit; Gem beat me. Felt weird typing that.

Cugel
10-19-2018, 10:51 AM
No surprise there. Its been rumored for weeks, and after the beat down, what else could they do? Worst offense in the league made our Defense look like the 2015 Broncos - for 1 week at least.

Davii
10-19-2018, 11:00 AM

Byron Leftwich.... Good on him, I hope he’s successful. Be careful on those ankles!

Davii
10-19-2018, 11:03 AM

Kind of funny to think that, in a way, The Broncos have cost him three jobs - SD head coach (kind of), we fired him last year, pushed him off the cliff this year.

wayninja
10-19-2018, 11:04 AM
That was even beyond 2015 broncos. Seriously... I can't remember a more dominating defensive performance by the broncos... ever?

Maybe you can find less points/yards allowed, but in totality? That was a generational performance:

223 total yards allowed (154 passing, 69 rushing)
10 points allowed
5! turnovers (3 picks 2 FF)
6 sacks
2 Pick 6's

That was an epic defensive beatdown.

Davii
10-19-2018, 11:28 AM
That was even beyond 2015 broncos. Seriously... I can't remember a more dominating defensive performance by the broncos... ever?

Maybe you can find less points/yards allowed, but in totality? That was a generational performance:

10 points allowed
6 sacks
2 Pick 6's

The only ones I will remember more were because of the importance of the game, certainly not for a better performance as that was an all-time type performance.

Hawgdriver
10-19-2018, 11:55 AM

10 points allowed
6 sacks
2 Pick 6's

I like Von in kick-ass mode.

Moar.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-19-2018, 12:47 PM

10 points allowed
6 sacks
2 Pick 6's

... and their only TD came directly after the Keenum int... yep, had to go there.

Nomad
10-19-2018, 05:48 PM
I like Von in kick-ass mode.

Moar.

He kept his word, which so many doubted.

Hawgdriver
10-19-2018, 10:09 PM
He kept his word, which so many doubted.

I had doubts. Quashed!

wayninja
10-19-2018, 11:08 PM
I too had doubts. Not that he wasn't willing to deliver, just that he may have promised more than he could deliver. He delivered.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 12:51 AM
All McCoy did w tebow was hand the ball off. That's not being great at anything. We called like 7 passes one game.....that's not making tt great. That's just calling 98% run plays.

I don’t think he made Teebs “great”.

They won games with literally the worst passer in NFL history, turned the clock back to 1950 to do it ... it was legit.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 12:58 AM
Mccoy and fox threw tebow under the bus despite him carrying water for their team/playbook. They did basically everything they could to get him to fail and cared nothing for his development. Despite saying how bad he was in interviews they could have simply easily played the #2 guy (Brady Quinn), but decided to "change the playbook" for Teebs and got credit for him improvising and eeking out wins. I get the bait here, but this is a silly take.

Mccoy sucks. He's always sucked.

This is absurd, they didn’t make him fail, he failed because he wasn’t an NFL QB. He went on to other teams that made him fail, too, apparently.

wayninja
10-20-2018, 01:00 AM
This is absurd, they didn’t make him fail, he failed because he wasn’t an NFL QB. He went on to other teams that made him fail, too, apparently.

Pretty stupid of them to play him as long as they did.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 01:01 AM
Dennison, McCoy and Musgrave made PL fail, I hope they are satisfied.

I, for one ... am not!

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 01:03 AM
Pretty stupid of them to play him as long as they did.

Valid point, he should’ve never been on the field in the first place. Just like PL, he didn’t get on the field because he didn’t earn it.

If you have to run the ball 98% of the time you don’t belong in the NFL.

wayninja
10-20-2018, 01:07 AM
Valid point, he should’ve never been on the field in the first place. Just like PL, he didn’t get on the field because he didn’t earn it.

Well, certainly if you can't succeed under Mike McCoy. Dude is legit.

Valar Morghulis
10-20-2018, 01:10 AM

Wow, you love running the ball! You are beginning to sound like Mo!

Throw moar

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 01:16 AM
Wow, you love running the ball! You are beginning to sound like Mo!

Throw moar

I do love running the ball, especially if your QB sucks balls.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 01:17 AM
Well, certainly if you can't succeed under Mike McCoy. Dude is legit.

That’s the spirit.

wayninja
10-20-2018, 01:17 AM
I do love running the ball, especially if your QB sucks balls.

Makes no sense. TB12 is one of the best passers in the league.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2018, 01:21 AM
Makes no sense. TB12 is one of the best passers in the league.

Again, valid point, I might let that ball-sucker throw a bit moar.

NightTerror218
10-20-2018, 11:01 AM
So bad he can't finish the season as a OC any more

Davii
10-20-2018, 12:29 PM
So bad he can't finish the season as a OC any more

Making a couple million to work a few months. Maybe he's smarter than we think

UnderArmour
10-20-2018, 12:49 PM
Mike McCoy is probably a good position coach, but has been way over his head as a coordinator. His few stints as OC, he was never impressive. Under one good offensive mind in McDaniels, I'm sure he did a really good job of fetching Josh coffee, but he was never "the guy" making decisions. Under his old buddy Fox, Orton was actually severely held back by predictable play calling, and terrible 3rd down efficiency. With Tebow, things improved, but only because of Tebow's ability to function as a 2nd RB and work miracles in the 4th quarter. Under a second good offensive mind in offensive coordinator Peyton Manning, McCoy did a really good job of fetching Mr. Manning Gatorade, which led to him earning a head coaching job.

As HC, I thought McCoy actually was alright. Still, I would never, ever trust the guy calling plays after what happened the year with Orton/Tebow. If Manning did not have the ability to adjust the play, the Broncos offensive would have looked like hot garbage that year. Adam Gase would go bang the table and force Fox to let him be aggressive when needed, while McCoy was content with running a 3-and-out offense.

Wish the guy the best, but he should go be a receiver or quarterbacks coach if he wants to stay in the league. He's not coordinator material.

Valar Morghulis
10-20-2018, 01:26 PM
I thought he was a decent HC - he was really unlucky with injuries in San Diego

Nomad
10-20-2018, 02:51 PM
Man.....McCoy getting hammered in here.

Poet
10-20-2018, 06:06 PM

Considering he can't hold down a job he's probably getting hammered in a bar! OOoOoOooOoOOOOoH!

That was for UR and FALCO!

wayninja
10-22-2018, 11:44 AM

You'd almost think his last 2 years as a HC were miserable, and his last 2 outings as OC were similarly miserable.

Freyaka
10-23-2018, 09:06 AM
:wave:

I don't often agree with you, but it feels good knowing that you and I are both one of the few who can say "I told you so" regarding Mike McCoy's return. It warms my heart to see him fail so miserably in Arizona.

Simple Jaded
10-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Have some self respect, Frey.

Ground Control
10-28-2018, 12:48 AM
I thought he was a decent HC - he was really unlucky with injuries in San Diego

He's completely mindless and repetitive. He's completely mindless and repetitive. How many empty backfields does it take to understand that he's completely mindless and repetitive? Dude says he doesn't give a shit. It shows. How can anyone that gives a shit be completely mindless, predictable, and repetitive? Year after year?

Mike McCoy exists solely to catch a paycheck in time to pay for Thanksgiving dinner with his family. In the same breath he said he doesn't give a shit about football, he said all he gives a shit about is his family. Excellent priorities in all seriousness. He needs to be forgotten and just relax with his family, so we can move past his mindless and repetitive interpretation of the 'Ron Erhardt-Ray Perkins' system. Did I say mindless enough?

McCoy is an idiot. And a DB. I only wish him another job if it's in the AFC West. All good, then.

underrated29
11-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Id gone through so much shit telling people how he was a problem way back when we had kyle orton. Just think, it took like 9 years or so for the NFL to finally figure it out. It was so blatantly obvious from the start. From his time in Carolina. I do think he would be a decent position coach, like a TE or something. He knows his players well. I do not ever want to see him back here again.

Poet
11-02-2018, 10:32 PM
Id gone through so much shit telling people how he was a problem way back when we had kyle orton. Just think, it took like 9 years or so for the NFL to finally figure it out. It was so blatantly obvious from the start. From his time in Carolina. I do think he would be a decent position coach, like a TE or something. He knows his players well. I do not ever want to see him back here again.

Style young man style.

Cugel
11-03-2018, 09:13 AM
You'd almost think his last 2 years as a HC were miserable, and his last 2 outings as OC were similarly miserable.

Yes, and you might also think that he was so absolutely terrible at his last two jobs in particular that he couldn't last an entire season with either organization. They both had to fire him in mid-season. You have to be terminally bad to get canned in the middle of the year. Normally, they wait until the end of the year, unless they think you're just so bad at your job they can't stand it another minute and have to take drastic measures to rid the organization of your taint.