PDA

View Full Version : I've Been Waiting a Year and a Half to Hear This...

Ground Control
10-16-2018, 06:16 PM
https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/10/16/17986114/von-miller-arizona-cardinals-kick-their-ass

slim
10-16-2018, 06:20 PM
He sounds serious.

Ground Control
10-16-2018, 06:42 PM
He sounds serious.

Serious and irritated. Pissed, actually. He got called soft..again.

Shazam!
10-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Just gave another desperate team bulletin board material. 31 other teams would be salivating to play Denver after the last two weeks.

If they dont play lights out and dismantle AZ, big problems.

wayninja
10-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Lol. Who cares. If he's only just pissed now, then he's been doing it wrong.

Wake me when the REAL words everyone is waiting to hear are uttered;

"Vance Joseph fired as Broncos Headcoach"

"Chad Kelly to start"

Poet
10-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Wonder why he didn't say that about L.A.?

I love Von, but this is just bleh. Too little too late.

wayninja
10-16-2018, 08:12 PM
If finishing 5-11 isn't embarrassing enough to get you mad, maybe a 4 game losing streak is what the doctor ordered.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-16-2018, 09:41 PM
That’s a must hear! It’s like a combination of Eddie Murphy and an angry football player.

aberdien
10-16-2018, 09:49 PM
https://twitter.com/ZacStevensBSN/status/1052292797401772032

Ground Control
10-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Just gave another desperate team bulletin board material. 31 other teams would be salivating to play Denver after the last two weeks.

If they dont play lights out and dismantle AZ, big problems.

Yes he did. If they need board material to finally be a good football team, so be it. If they haven't had enough material from the media, as we have, I'm not sure this is going to make any difference, though.

And agreed on the need to play lights/ balls out. And d-i-s-m-a-n-t-l-e Arizona. Coaching sure hasn't lead that emotional charge though. VJ meekly calling out players in a passive aggressive way in press conferences hasn't done the job in 2(ish) years, for sure.

I just wanted one man on the Broncos roster do more than whine to say some f'ing ass was about to be beat down. Maybe everyone on our team wanted to hear it too? Von is the Broncos. So if he gives up some bulletin board material to a team with no men on it willing to get bloody, so be it. If the Broncos have no men that will answer the call to kick some f'ing ass, then so be it. The season is lost to us without some sort of existential kick in the ass anyway.

I'm just hoping all the badasses on the Broncos hear the call and show up. If coaches can't lead, then Von will f'ing lead! Maybe the coaches will hear the call too and man the f up with leadership and play calls deserving of the Broncos?

We'll see. I'm actually pretty excited for Thursday though.

Ground Control
10-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Lol. Who cares. If he's only just pissed now, then he's been doing it wrong.

Wake me when the REAL words everyone is waiting to hear are uttered;

"Vance Joseph fired as Broncos Headcoach"

"Chad Kelly to start"

Those word won't mean anything this year anyway, and at least VJ will be removed shortly if things continue in this way. Whomever takes over for him will be left with the mess that currently exists and who would be qualified to handle that and dig us out of oblivion? Musgrave? I chugged Musgrave juice this Summer too but found it bland and lifeless on the last 4 game days. He needs all of his facilities to come up with an actual offensive game plan, anyway.

Woods? Nope.

Kubiak? Not happening...plus: He's the guy that partially helped give us last years draft class and wholly gave us Keenum.

Some lesser coach could fill a role but no one will move us farther than we can get with VJ and current company, as sad as it sounds. There might be better options on another team but we don't have access to them.

As for Swag, i f'ing love him! And i laugh at the notion that he would have been given a chance if the coaches saw he merited it...or that not playing for 2 years is a valid reason for him not starting. OK, 2 years of not playing is actually a valid reason for him not starting. So is him only having reps with the 2's, at best. So is his having only seen 2's at best on D, and completely vanilla defensive schemes in the pre season, as apposed to big boy defenses and the geniuses of the NFL that employ them when it counts.

All that said, I still think he's a baller and a killer on the big stage. I just don't think those words you laid out hold more weight than Von's. He's just a guy and we could get our asses handed to us but his words are more real than the words of us arm chair GMs, when it comes to the Broncos showing up this year. He's actually in it and he IS the Broncos. He should have said and lived them before now but maybe he thought that's not what a leader was supposed to say. Or, he believed in VJ before but not so much anymore. Maybe Elway told him that he shouldn't wait for VJ to lead like he can?

I don't know but I can't wait for Thursday, at the very least.

(please feel free to lambaste me if the Broncos don't answer the call on Thursday. I'll listen, add some words myself, and crawl in a whole until next year-or, next week).

Simple Jaded
10-16-2018, 11:16 PM
Ground Control chugged Musgrave’s juice?

This is a family MB, Ground Control, keep it clean.

Ground Control
10-16-2018, 11:17 PM
Wonder why he didn't say that about L.A.?

I love Von, but this is just bleh. Too little too late.

L.A. was it's own kick in the ass for the Broncos? The coaches were still clinging on to the illusion of being the properly appointed leaders of the team? The blasphemy of actually game planning for Gurly to own them, so they can finally pay attention to pass defense became public and was the final nail was set in VJ's coffin?

I have no clue but I know you and I are bleh. OK, maybe just me. You are an owl god lurking in the Umbra, waiting to pounce on the avatars of the unworthy. You are a protector and justicar for the beautiful things in the world. You are not bleh but you are not Von Miller. Von Miller takes a turn at bleh once in a while but his bleh is still something that causes every DC in the league to game plan for. Do they game plan for our opinions? They may regret not game planing for your opinion but it will be on a soul level and probably only when they die and are looking for a bridge to the realm of their forefathers. That is when you will strike, oh Owl God! That is when your opinion will make OC's of NFL legend will rue the day they refused to hear your warnings!

Otherwise, if they lose this game, I might agree that it was too little too late.

Peace!

Simple Jaded
10-16-2018, 11:19 PM
He's also looking for an existential lick in the ass. Which seems.... extreme.

Sinner!

Ground Control
10-16-2018, 11:27 PM
Ground Control chugged Musgrave’s juice?

This is a family MB, Ground Control, keep it clean.

Musgrave juice is clean and boring. Totally BF approved.

Ground Control
10-16-2018, 11:30 PM
Sinner!

Dammit! I QC'ed that way too late. Oh well, Maybe extreme is what is called for.

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Let the ass kicking continue!

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 08:55 PM
Let the ass kicking continue!

Nobody like “I told you so”, GC.

Have some self respect.

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 08:57 PM

Have some self respect.

It wasn't me. It was Von that told you so. You should have listened to Von.

: )

wayninja
10-18-2018, 08:59 PM
Von and crew walking the walk. Nothing wrong with that.

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 09:01 PM

Have some self respect.

And dude, I am just riding the high I have been waiting to ride for over 2 years. It can all end next week but this is the team that we have all been waiting for. I didn't call it, I only voiced the call that VM made. I am not telling you so (except to the haters). I'm hoping to have others join me on the wave. Anybody else actually excited about the Broncos finally showing their potential? Or is this site only for overly intellectual pessimists?

Enjoy the moment, folks!

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Von and crew walking the walk. Nothing wrong with that.

Finally.

wayninja
10-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Well, we can all sit around and give each other fluffers, and that's great, but enjoy it while you can, because this feeling is all you get. Nothing else about this win is likely to help Denver's situation in the near future.

Poet
10-18-2018, 09:09 PM
Well, we can all sit around and give each other fluffers, and that's great, but enjoy it while you can, because this feeling is all you get. Nothing else about this win is likely to help Denver's situation in the near future.

If you're ******* up in the long run but it's okay in the short term you have to enjoy it.

Which is why I just opened another fifth of whiskey and invited a portly young lass.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 09:11 PM

This will have a huge impact on their trajectory.

They’re gonna go 10-6, VJ is HC for an 8-8 Broncos team in 2019.

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 09:15 PM

Quite possibly. But this win isn't happening because some winged fairy in Never Never Land broke a wishbone. This is happening because the Broncos finally woke up. Especially the D.

Regardless, I'm much happier about whatever comes next, knowing that everyone on this team has witnesses what they are capable of. At least that bar has been set. And yes, Arizona is the worst offense in the league. Decent D, though. IMO, before Von said what he did on Tuesday, this team could have lost tonight and not given a crap. At least they give their all for one night and know what that feels like, true?

VJ is the biggest problem to me. I don't think he has it in him and he got his ass kicked in gear by Von also. Maybe he learns from the success tonight and the knowledge that he is a dead man walking already? We'll see.

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 09:17 PM
If you're ******* up in the long run but it's okay in the short term you have to enjoy it.

Which is why I just opened another fifth of whiskey and invited a portly young lass.

Proper, Owl God...

Proper.

wayninja
10-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Fluffers it is. At least for tonight.

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Fluffers it is. At least for tonight.

Von gifts your acquiescence and acceptance of happiness with a strip sack. Myself, I don't want fluffers, so much as I want slaughter!

Glorious slaughter! All Broncos players should be burping birdie wings during locker room interviews tonight.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Fluffer?

TB12 doesn’t play til Sunday.

wayninja
10-18-2018, 10:30 PM
Fluffer?

TB12 doesn’t play til Sunday.

In the drunken bacchanal of victory, stuff can slip in. That's all I'm sayin.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2018, 10:34 PM

I have no idea what you just said, is my erection inappropriate?

Ground Control
10-18-2018, 10:35 PM

Birdie wings were burped.

wayninja
10-18-2018, 10:38 PM
I have no idea what you just said, is my erection inappropriate?

Every man must answer that for himself, my friend.

Ground Control
10-19-2018, 12:17 AM
Every man must answer that for himself, my friend.

Always true.

The Glue Factory
10-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Quite possibly. But this win isn't happening because some winged fairy in Never Never Land broke a wishbone. This is happening because the Broncos finally woke up. Especially the D.

Regardless, I'm much happier about whatever comes next, knowing that everyone on this team has witnesses what they are capable of. At least that bar has been set. And yes, Arizona is the worst offense in the league. Decent D, though. IMO, before Von said what he did on Tuesday, this team could have lost tonight and not given a crap. At least they give their all for one night and know what that feels like, true?

VJ is the biggest problem to me. I don't think he has it in him and he got his ass kicked in gear by Von also. Maybe he learns from the success tonight and the knowledge that he is a dead man walking already? We'll see.

Last night was a dead cat bounce.

Cugel
10-23-2018, 10:59 AM

Sadly, that is now proven to be Elway's evaluation as well.

Vance Joseph saved his job for a few weeks, but Elway is already dismantling the team and selling off Demaryius Thomas to the highest bidder.

It's exactly like a baseball team at the trade deadline "Are you a buyer or a seller?"

Well, the Broncos aren't even eliminated yet, but with the Chiefs running away with the division it's looking like the team would need to win 7 or 8 of their final 9 games to have a chance at a playoff game.

Elway took a look at the roster at this point and said "blow it up!" The question is: "when do we get to see Chad Kelly this season?" NO point in keeping Keenum in there if you're not competing for anything this season.

I'd say start Kelly after the bye-week if you're 3-6. If they win and are 4-5 then maybe they wait a week or two. Their next 3 games will be @Chargers, Steelers, @Bengals. Three more probable losses.

Losing even 2 of them means the team is 5-7 at best, maybe 4-8.

Plenty of time to see what you have in Chad Kelly the last month of the season. But, logically the bye week is the time to get Kelly ready to start.

Freyaka
10-23-2018, 11:25 AM
So how about it Von? We kicking the Chiefs asses this week? Still waiting to hear from you.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2018, 11:30 AM
Sadly, that is now proven to be Elway's evaluation as well.

Vance Joseph saved his job for a few weeks, but Elway is already dismantling the team and selling off Demaryius Thomas to the highest bidder.

It's exactly like a baseball team at the trade deadline "Are you a buyer or a seller?"

Well, the Broncos aren't even eliminated yet, but with the Chiefs running away with the division it's looking like the team would need to win 7 or 8 of their final 9 games to have a chance at a playoff game.

Elway took a look at the roster at this point and said "blow it up!" The question is: "when do we get to see Chad Kelly this season?" NO point in keeping Keenum in there if you're not competing for anything this season.

I'd say start Kelly after the bye-week if you're 3-6. If they win and are 4-5 then maybe they wait a week or two. Their next 3 games will be @Chargers, Steelers, @Bengals. Three more probable losses.

Losing even 2 of them means the team is 5-7 at best, maybe 4-8.

Plenty of time to see what you have in Chad Kelly the last month of the season. But, logically the bye week is the time to get Kelly ready to start.

This is so full of typical cockamamie BS that it is hardly worth a response.

Simple Jaded
10-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Cugel isn’t the only one to talk like he’s in the board room with #7 but can someone explain why it’s so much more annoying coming from him?

Ground Control
10-28-2018, 12:11 AM
So how about it Von? We kicking the Chiefs asses this week? Still waiting to hear from you.

Yes, we are.

wayninja
10-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Did Von even get a tackle?