PDA

View Full Version : Bronco fan no shows more disturbing than boo's

Northman
10-15-2018, 01:12 PM
https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/large-number-of-broncos-no-shows-more-disturbing-than-boos/604326050

DENVER – It wasn’t the Broncos’ fans who booed.It was the 9,131 who didn’t show up to boo that may be more troubling to Broncos’ management.

The frustrated fans who boo at least showed they care. Apathy is worse. The last time this many people failed to show up to watch the Broncos play a home game was against the St. Louis Rams in 2010.

Josh McDaniels didn’t make it through that season as the Broncos’ head coach. Vance Joseph may now be on high alert as the Broncos play at Arizona this Thursday.

Bronco fans let Joseph, Broncos quarterback Case Keenum and the team as a whole feel their wrath Sunday.

“I’ve never attacked the Denver Bronco fan base,’’ said pass rusher Von Miller. “They’ve been through thick and thin with me. Loyal as heck. I just can’t believe that guys are losing hope right now. We’ve still got a long season to go. We’ve got real fans here. If fans are losing hope, I just can’t believe that.’’

It’s a long season, but it’s no longer early. In fact, it’s now too late for the Broncos to finish 13-3.

The Broncos lost eight in a row on their way to a 5-11 record in Joseph’s first season of 2017. They have now lost four in a row to drop to 2-4 this year.

Do we think Elway is listening? I would hope so.

Magnificent Seven
10-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Fans will show up if they start Chad Kelly.

Tangerine
10-15-2018, 01:48 PM
So, Von Miller doesn't know why fans are losing hope?

They're 2-4, realistically they need to be at least 10-6 for a chance for a wild card. That means they need to go 8-2 over the reaming games, which includes games still in KC, Chargers x 2, Bengals, and Steelers. Plus, 5 of their next 7 games are on the road where VJ has only won once.

Yes, they're not mathematically eliminated, but their chances are getting slim. Right now they are much closer to a top 3 draft pick than they are to the playoffs.

MasterShake
10-15-2018, 02:05 PM
The thing that sucks is that I think they are a better team then they were last year, but I can't tell you what kind of team they are right now. Two close games against Super Bowl contenders then get blown out against the Jets in between? Yesterday I think they could've won but they HAD to play near perfect. Between holding calls and taunting, that just wasn't happening. If they fall to the Cardinals it might be time to call it a loss and make big changes.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Again this year, all games are sold out. IMO, this could have been the reason why those fans did not show up, or at least a good number of them -

Temperatures were in the 20s throughout the game making it the second coldest October Broncos game on record at kickoff.

https://kdvr.com/2018/10/14/live-updates-broncos-face-the-rams-in-cold-october-game-at-mile-high/

Northman
10-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Again this year, all games are sold out. IMO, this could have been the reason why those fans did not show up, or at least a good number of them -

https://kdvr.com/2018/10/14/live-updates-broncos-face-the-rams-in-cold-october-game-at-mile-high/

Im sure weather can play a factor but im also not kidding myself that if this team was undefeated going into this game that more people would show up. When your team sucks and shows no progress or possibility of turning it around it makes it an easier choice for people to not to go.

The Glue Factory
10-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Im sure weather can play a factor but im also not kidding myself that if this team was undefeated going into this game that more people would show up. When your team sucks and shows no progress or possibility of turning it around it makes it an easier choice for people to not to go.

I doubt weather had anything to do with it. In another 4 to 6 weeks home games will be more likely to be yesterday's temp added with a greater likelihood of snow.

The Glue Factory
10-15-2018, 02:30 PM
https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/large-number-of-broncos-no-shows-more-disturbing-than-boos/604326050

Do we think Elway is listening? I would hope so.

Small italic font made this impossible for me poor ol' eyes to read. Any chance you can edit it?

GEM
10-15-2018, 02:32 PM

I've gone to games where I was standing in 4 inches of water between sleet and snow in 10 degree weather. No way in hell I would have gone to yesterday's game. I didn't have an ounce of hope we were pulling out a win there. If they are playing well, I'll freeze my ass off to see it in person. I'm not catching pneumonia for the shit product we have on the field this year.

slim
10-15-2018, 02:36 PM
Booooooooo

gregbroncs
10-15-2018, 02:50 PM
For the first time in a very long time I debated not even watching the game. If I lived in Denver I don't think I'd have gone even if I had a ticket. This team is not entertaining and they actually played a lot better than I expected yesterday. But alas the result was as expected.

NightTrainLayne
10-15-2018, 03:12 PM
My wife and I braved 14 degree temps at kickoff (it got colder) last December to watch Pat Mahomes get his first NFL win in a meaningless game for the Broncos. :truefans: :mrsNTL>GEM:

:D

Shazam!
10-15-2018, 03:20 PM
This may be one of the only ways management mercy kills VJ.

The Rams didnt beat the Broncos yesterday. As always under VJ, Denver was their own worst enemy.

Keenum is terrible and even worse than Siemien. I know people dont think thats possible but it is. Keenum is awful, cant make throws that are rudimentary for starting QBs. Ive seen enough of him after 6 games to see that. Hes totally afraid to throw strikes downfield

I think if they flop on Thursdat which is VERY possible against a poor AZ team, VJ is gone and Kelly will go.

Dapper Dan
10-15-2018, 03:35 PM
That Rams game in 2010 was my first time visiting Denver.

GEM
10-15-2018, 03:40 PM
My wife and I braved 14 degree temps at kickoff (it got colder) last December to watch Pat Mahomes get his first NFL win in a meaningless game for the Broncos. :truefans: :mrsNTL>GEM:

:D

You also fall down hills and tear ACL's. :cheeky: I'm not about that life!! :laugh:

BroncoJoe
10-15-2018, 05:00 PM
No one that I know expected anything much more from this team than we're getting. It was a dual problem - cold temps and poor play.

Simple Jaded
10-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Broncos fans don’t care about the weather, and the Broncos know this ... man!

aberdien
10-15-2018, 09:05 PM
Let's also remember true LA Rams fans don't exist, so there were no fans to buy those tickets being sold by Broncos fans who were too cold/uninspired to go.

Poet
10-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Let's also remember true LA Rams fans don't exist, so there were no fans to buy those tickets being sold by Broncos fans who were too cold/uninspired to go.

Yeah, it woulda been way more fan-like of us to sell those tickets to the...

I understand your point. I Just wanted to sass you.

aberdien
10-15-2018, 09:09 PM
Yeah, it woulda been way more fan-like of us to sell those tickets to the...

I understand your point. I Just wanted to sass you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/MRtD0ldbPw4i4/giphy.gif

Poet
10-15-2018, 09:35 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/MRtD0ldbPw4i4/giphy.gif

When you became a style brother you signed up for this!

Nomad
10-16-2018, 08:07 AM
No one that I know expected anything much more from this team than we're getting. It was a dual problem - cold temps and poor play.

I believe I'd rather watch a cold game than a hot as f*ck game, where temps are 90+ in the stands & on the field.

Dapper Dan
10-16-2018, 11:53 AM

Actually that game I was talking about I sat next to a Rams fan. He flew in from LA and had been a Rams fan since their days in LA. I’m sure he was thrilled about the re-relocation.

wayninja
10-16-2018, 12:26 PM
The thing that sucks is that I think they are a better team then they were last year, but I can't tell you what kind of team they are right now. Two close games against Super Bowl contenders then get blown out against the Jets in between?

It's possible that it says more about the two "superbowl caliber" teams, than it does the Broncos. We are the trap game.

Elevation inc
10-17-2018, 07:08 AM
This may be one of the only ways management mercy kills VJ.

The Rams didnt beat the Broncos yesterday. As always under VJ, Denver was their own worst enemy.

Keenum is terrible and even worse than Siemien. I know people dont think thats possible but it is. Keenum is awful, cant make throws that are rudimentary for starting QBs. Ive seen enough of him after 6 games to see that. Hes totally afraid to throw strikes downfield

I think if they flop on Thursdat which is VERY possible against a poor AZ team, VJ is gone and Kelly will go.

I'm not a Keenum fan right now either. I certainly expected better, but he is like top 5 in the NFL right now in passes over 20 plus yds. I think its more coaching, scheme and play calling then anything else. I mean think about it Your OL is struggling and has struggled in pass protection for 2 years under Musgrave. We are dropping case deep into the pocket which goes against our Tackles ability to hold up. He also has never his whole career been a pocket passer. So why do we keep having him throw back there under constant pressure behind a OL that Cleary struggles with deep pass protection. You have a OL that loves run blocking, is great at it, and you have 2 RB's who excel at making plays with the ball in their hands yet they get like 20 touches per game between the 2 of them. This team is where its at because of coaching errors across the board. We are playing to much nickel and dime thinking its a strength when are true strength on this team is running the ball and defending in the trenches. Instead on both sides were scheming the opposite, and paying the price. Players are losing faith rapidly in the coaching staff and mailing in effort as a result. So the problem then becomes two fold.

I wont disagree that a loss Thursday sends VJ packing and deservedly so and if Keenum looks how he has the first 6 games, he should probably be benched for a game and think about what kind player he wants to be in Denver. This entire team has a accountability and effort problem right now, and that's 100% because of our coaching staff. I cant handle a coaching staff that refuses to hold players accountable when they perform poorly, with meek passive aggressive comments every week.

Shazam!
10-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Case made a whole bunch of excuses in his last presser. Sorry, needing more time to learn the system and develop chemistry is not in Week 7.

This is the most poorly coached team ive ever seen, and I had a front row seat to the Rich Kotite era of the NYJ. VJ is pathetic.

Elevation inc
10-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Case made a whole bunch of excuses in his last presser. Sorry, needing more time to learn the system and develop chemistry is not in Week 7.

This is the most poorly coached team ive ever seen, and I had a front row seat to the Rich Kotite era of the NYJ. VJ is pathetic.

I just saw that, not what you want from a leader of your team by any stretch. Pretty disappointed in that to be honest by CK.

Shazam!
10-17-2018, 09:58 AM

I just saw that, not what you want from a leader of your team by any stretch. Pretty disappointed in that to be honest by CK.

Pathetic.