PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Rams week)

VonDoom
10-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Figured I’d start this now. It’s still in the 70s here in NY but it appears like it will be full on winter in Denver on Sunday:

Although football in the snow is most commonly seen in December, this season’s first snow game may come on October 14, when the Broncos host the Rams. The current forecast for Sunday in Denver calls for a high of 31, a low of 16 and snow showers in the morning.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/09/this-seasons-first-snow-game-could-come-on-sunday-in-denver/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Freyaka
10-09-2018, 10:04 AM
I posted this in the gameday thread, but it belongs here more

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/09/bradley-roby-was-absent-from-the-broncos-facility-on-monday/

Per multiple sources, Roby didn’t show up at the team facility on Monday. It’s currently unclear whether the absence was excused. One source suggested that Roby was absent for health reasons, with Roby needing IVs due to an illness. Another source suggested that Roby was an Antonio Brown-style no-show.

For now, all that’s known with certainty is that he wasn’t there.

If he really did just no show, I would have to think the team would end up suspending him a game.

turftoad
10-09-2018, 10:04 AM
If that's the case the defense had better be ready for a huge load of Gurley!

Shazam!
10-09-2018, 10:17 AM
He did a no show Sunday too.

Freyaka
10-09-2018, 10:29 AM
He did a no show Sunday too.

Zing!

Northman
10-09-2018, 10:38 AM
https://scontent.fphl2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43530752_10215526453106185_1974675681795112960_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&oh=5990a3982d48ebac5fb1067cb1430bf4&oe=5C47463C

VonDoom
10-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
I'm told Broncos S Su'a Cravens (IR, knee) is on track to return to practice next week. He can return to the field after the Broncos' game vs. the Rams and the team has a three-week window to activate him.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis
Bradley Roby was sick yesterday, he saw trainers late in day. Was not present for meetings. It does appear he should have communicated better with his coaches. #9sports

VonDoom
10-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
GM John Elway, to @OrangeBlue760
: “I will tell you this: I was as disappointed as everybody out there is disappointed … I thought we’d go into New York and play a heck of a lot better than we did … very, very disappointing."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
: “We’ve got to play football like we’re capable of playing. We haven’t played up to our capabilities yet, in my opinion … As I told Vance [Joseph], if we don’t stop beating ourselves, we’re not going to beat anybody."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
: “Coaches, like players, have bad weeks, too, and I don’t think it was the best scheme that we had set up last week.” Said NYJ “did some things motion-wise” and there were some busts as a result.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
: “If we’re going to run the ball like we’re going to run the ball, you’ve also got to be better on third-down situations,” meaning that part of the equation is being able to successfully convert short 3rd-down situations like 3rd-and-2.

Nomad
10-09-2018, 06:56 PM
Rams are gonna be stunned by the winter weather. Broncos play them tough, perhaps squeak out a win. I’ll be watching on Redzone.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Rams are gonna be stunned by the winter weather. Broncos play them tough, perhaps squeak out a win. I’ll be watching on Redzone.

In that case, you’ll probably get to see the majority of the game. The Rams are gonna live in our Redzone...

Freyaka
10-10-2018, 08:51 AM
In that case, you’ll probably get to see the majority of the game. The Rams are gonna live in our Redzone...

With the worthless punter we have? They might start the majority of their drives in our redzone.

slim
10-10-2018, 09:36 AM

I agree. We gon win. The NFL is funny.

VonDoom
10-10-2018, 12:17 PM
TV maps up. This game is actually on TV for me:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=6

Northman
10-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Its weird how scattered it is, like NY and surrounding area will get the game but not where i live. Lol

BroncoJoe
10-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Its weird how scattered it is, like NY and surrounding area will get the game but not where i live. Lol

Fox is only showing one game this week. Sucks you're in the DC area - you get the early game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Ugh, Boise is no longer Denver Bronco territory

MOtorboat
10-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Fox is only showing one game this week. Sucks you're in the DC area - you get the early game.

I’m a little surprised the Rams aren’t a bigger draw nationally. I expected to see Denver’s game in more places (obviously the Redskins have a home game so that’s out for Maryland).

Northman
10-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Ill still be able to find it online and stream it so i have that going for me still.

VonDoom
10-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis
Broncos practicing outside in snow and cold. Toughen em up! #9sports

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Tramaine Brock practicing. Was told he was not completely healthy last week. He could take snaps from Roby... Or could guard outside receiver, leaving Roby more in slot or as nickel corner. #Denver7

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran
#Broncos practice (no pads) amid snow flurries: Not spotted were S Darian Stewart, CB Adam Jones (hamstring) and RT Jared Veldheer (knee).

Also, RB Jeremy McNichols signs with practice squad and was out there.

Garett Bolles (ankle) is at practice.

VonDoom
10-10-2018, 01:23 PM
I’m a little surprised the Rams aren’t a bigger draw nationally. I expected to see Denver’s game in more places (obviously the Redskins have a home game so that’s out for Maryland).

I think it has to do with the TV rules. Like CBS gets the double header this week so everyone only gets one Fox game. Our game is the only late game on Fox so if you’re not getting an early Fox game with your local team, this is the only option

Tned
10-10-2018, 01:23 PM
How short a leash is Keenum going to be on at this point? Joseph seems to be very stubborn, but if Keenum has another bad half, they really need to see if Kelly can give them a spark.

Northman
10-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Both Keenum and the defense would have to play out of their mind this week to get a win. But that wont happen so just wishful thinking. Lol

BroncoWave
10-10-2018, 01:44 PM
How short a leash is Keenum going to be on at this point? Joseph seems to be very stubborn, but if Keenum has another bad half, they really need to see if Kelly can give them a spark.

I don't think the Rams are the team to throw Kelly into the fire against. Then I don't think they'd start him on a short week, so I'm thinking the KC game in week 8 is probably the earliest we'd see him.

MOtorboat
10-10-2018, 01:50 PM
I don't think the Rams are the team to throw Kelly into the fire against. Then I don't think they'd start him on a short week, so I'm thinking the KC game in week 8 is probably the earliest we'd see him.

I still maintain that Monday of Rams week was a perfect time to make changes, but that has come and gone.

BroncoWave
10-10-2018, 01:52 PM
I still maintain that Monday of Rams week was a perfect time to make changes, but that has come and gone.

I feel like Wade will be out for blood this game, so I'd rather let Keesum take that beating then see what Kelly has.

Buff
10-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Surely you don't really believe that starting a QB against the best team in the NFL and an all world defensive line is a "perfect time" to insert the guy.

MOtorboat
10-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Surely you don't really believe that starting a QB against the best team in the NFL and an all world defensive line is a "perfect time" to insert the guy.

Why not? What do you have to lose?

I also advocated for firing Joseph Sunday night. Nothing to lose.

BroncoWave
10-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Why not? What do you have to lose?

I also advocated for firing Joseph Sunday night. Nothing to lose.

You just want Kelly to die so that Shane will shut up, don't you? :lol:

MOtorboat
10-10-2018, 02:13 PM
You just want Kelly to die so that Shane will shut up, don't you? :lol:

He could get hurt against any team.

Freyaka
10-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis
Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Tramaine Brock practicing. Was told he was not completely healthy last week. He could take snaps from Roby....

As bad as Roby was last week...God, I hope not...

Northman
10-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Yea, i wouldnt expect Kelly to pull a rabbit out of his ass against the Rams. Maybe vs the Cardinals but i still dont think there will be a switch until we are out of playoff contention.

MOtorboat
10-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Yea, i wouldnt expect Kelly to pull a rabbit out of his ass against the Rams. Maybe vs the Cardinals but i still dont think there will be a switch until we are out of playoff contention.

I guess I’m not really thinking Keenum will pull a rabbit out of his ass, either.

All of this said, I think as long as Joseph is the coach, Keenum will start.

VonDoom
10-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Stewart has foot issue. Did not participate #Denver7

Vance Joseph said Bradley Roby’s situation has been “handled internally.” Was asked if he would face discipline. Joseph said it was more about communication.

Vance Joseph said Joe Woods will continue to call defensive. plays. “He’s the coordinator.”

Kyle Fredrickson @kylefredrickson
On Bradley Roby: “Roby didn’t play his best ... we’ll get him back to playing good football.”

Vance Joseph said they’ll try to get Von Miller more one-on-ones. Said the big-time players have to play well in big games like Sunday “and Von understands that.”

Freyaka
10-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Stewart has foot issue. Did not participate #Denver7

Vance Joseph said Bradley Roby’s situation has been “handled internally.” Was asked if he would face discipline. Joseph said it was more about communication.

Vance Joseph said Joe Woods will continue to call defensive. plays. “He’s the coordinator.”

Kyle Fredrickson @kylefredrickson
On Bradley Roby: “Roby didn’t play his best ... we’ll get him back to playing good football.”

Vance Joseph said they’ll try to get Von Miller more one-on-ones. Said the big-time players have to play well in big games like Sunday “and Von understands that.”

So more meaningless platitudes... "We didn't play our best, we'll play better." "He's the coordinator"....

Every word out of that man's mouth is just meaningless. "We gotta play better, we gotta coach better" Great, what's the plan? Because two years now and you haven't figured out how to do either thing, so what are you going to do Mr Wizard? How are you going to coach better? What steps are you taking to get the players to play better... All we keep hearing is meaningless blah blah blah with no substance behind it.

VonDoom
10-10-2018, 03:48 PM
https://twitter.com/ryankoenigsberg/status/1050108417694523392?s=21

HORSEPOWER 56
10-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Anyone know what the “changes” are that VJ spoke of after the Jets debacle? Let me guess, just more bullshit talk with no action. We’re gonna get mopped up this Sunday.

BroncoWave
10-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Anyone know what the “changes” are that VJ spoke of after the Jets debacle? Let me guess, just more bullshit talk with no action. We’re gonna get mopped up this Sunday.

Pretty much.

VonDoom
10-10-2018, 06:14 PM

He said that he isn’t going to talk to the media about it. Sounds like top secret plans to me!

spikerman
10-10-2018, 06:30 PM
He said that he isn’t going to talk to the media about it. Sounds like top secret plans to me!

Harder hand clapping?

dogfish
10-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Harder hand clapping?

new t-shirt slogans!

in all honesty, there's not much he can say. . . i don't disagree with them, but i think people are wasting their time asking for kelly right now. . . more likely december will be kelly time. . .

VonDoom
10-11-2018, 10:49 AM
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1050410241425170432?s=21

BroncoWave
10-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Yeah he's toast.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Yeah he's toast.

Elway very diplomatically stated after last weeks game the coaching staff botched the game plan. “Players have bad weeks, and coaches do too.”

VonDoom
10-11-2018, 02:46 PM
Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Jones taking it slowly with hamstring issue. Tramaine Brock will play more #Denver7

Vance Joseph said he’s working both Max Garcia and Connor McGovern at RG now.

Vance Joseph called @sonofbum his “football father” and “a football genius.”

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Musgrave not happy with how he called last game. #Denver7

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Troy Renck @TroyRenck

Cool. The rest of us aren’t, either.

VonDoom
10-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Seems like one of those “changes” promised will be Garcia potentially taking over for McGovern. Now McGovern had a bad game last week but it’s hard to see this being what we need to jump start the offense

Buff
10-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Seems like one of those “changes” promised will be Garcia potentially taking over for McGovern. Now McGovern had a bad game last week but it’s hard to see this being what we need to jump start the offense

This is exactly the scenario I've been worried about all year. McGovern is barely an improvement over Garcia... Bolles is terrible. And Veldheer is hurt. So we have last year's offensive line essentially. Luckily we have improved RBs so we have some semblance of a running game, otherwise the offense would be among the worst in the league.

Shazam!
10-11-2018, 03:58 PM

This is exactly the scenario I've been worried about all year. McGovern is barely an improvement over Garcia... Bolles is terrible. And Veldheer is hurt. So we have last year's offensive line essentially. Luckily we have improved RBs so we have some semblance of a running game, otherwise the offense would be among the worst in the league.

No worry about a running gamr when they are STILL insistent on the 3 wides that dont work for them.

BroncoWave
10-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Apparently 2-3 inches of snow are in the forecast for this game. Snow games are always fun.

LawDog
10-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Troy Renck @TroyRenck
#Broncos Jones taking it slowly with hamstring issue. Tramaine Brock will play more #Denver7

Vance Joseph said he’s working both Max Garcia and Connor McGovern at RG now.

Vance Joseph called @sonofbum his “football father” and “a football genius.”

Troy Renck @TroyRenck

Troy, did Woods say he wasn’t happy with his game call too?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2018, 04:43 PM
#LARvsDEN: DC Joe Woods

Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods explains what went wrong against the Jets and how the Broncos can rebound against the Rams on Sunday.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/larvsden-dc-joe-woods

#LARvsDEN: OC Bill Musgrave

Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave talks about how he can change the play calling to help find the offense find its groove.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/larvsden-oc-bill-musgrave

Joseph: 'Wade [Phillips] is my football father'

Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about facing Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who previously had separate stints coaching in Denver.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/joseph-wade-phillips-is-my-football-father

Northman
10-11-2018, 05:50 PM
I love their hindsight of what went wrong but can never seem to game plan to prevent those things from happening. Its what makes me so frustrated as a fan is all the BS these guys trot out every week and yet cannot learn from it. The problems are ******* the same, the QB play is ******* the same, the poor in game adjustments are the same. What is so hard for these dopes to understand? And we are paying them?

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 06:48 AM
Okay I need to rant! I was willing to give this coaching staff some room to breathe this year with such a great draft, but I cant do it anymore they are just that incompetent. How the hell is one of your changes replacing a top 5 rated guard in the NFL with Garcia. Seriously McGovern didn't have his greatest game last week, but neither did Chubb, Marshall(who hasn't had 1 good game yet), Kerr, Harris or Roby for christ's sake. We had horrible offensive play calling and why the %&*(*^%&^%*&^%*^%*&^%*& are we trying to make keenum a pocket passer! He has always been at his best when he has some space. If I was the coach After that jets game I'm benching Roby for Yiadom, marshall for jewell, chubb for barrett, Bringing in Demarcus walker to rotate with peko and wolfe. I would start there not with our guard who actually isn't the problem for christs sakes. Send a god damn message and stop being dumb. This reminds me of last year where piss poor execution and performance is rewarded with more play time....you want to create division in your team keep it up VJ, you will be gone soon enough you stupid dooshbag of a coach....

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 06:51 AM

This isn't true though...right now McGovern is the 5th rated guard in the NFL currently through 5 games according to PFF. Bolles is def regressing, that's a coaching thing I believe though as well as scheme and the fact we have a QB holding onto the ball after 5 and seven step drops, that's a disaster for 9 out of 10 LT's....Billy turner has done a serviceable job at RT and has mildly surprised me...

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 06:56 AM
Our only saving grace is if we run the living daylights out of the ball and get some deep play action with Keenum outside the pocket to the TE and WR's, play possession, and keep the ball away from the rams. That's how you win. oh and maybe tackle and play defense would help to.

VonDoom
10-12-2018, 09:45 AM
Keenum is at his best out of the pocket and on play action. Vikings used it about 30% of the time last year, most in the league I believe. We’re using at like 17% of the time this year.

I have a lot of problems with Keenum, mostly from a team management standpoint, but since we have him, shouldn’t we try to play to his strengths?

Shazam!
10-12-2018, 10:03 AM

This isn't true though...right now McGovern is the 5th rated guard in the NFL currently through 5 games according to PFF. Bolles is def regressing, that's a coaching thing I believe though as well as scheme and the fact we have a QB holding onto the ball after 5 and seven step drops, that's a disaster for 9 out of 10 LT's....Billy turner has done a serviceable job at RT and has mildly surprised me...

I don't care what authority PFF is no friggin way McGovern has been THAT good.

Buff
10-12-2018, 10:15 AM

Three things:

1. PFF is garbage. According to them we have a Top 5 o-line and the best center in the game for the last 3 years. That's ridiculous and doesn't even pass the common sense test.
2. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff wouldn't be thinking of benching McGovern and giving Max Garcia reps this week if he was playing like a top 5 guard.
3. Bolles hasn't regressed - he's been consistently bad the entire time he's been here.

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 11:41 AM
My bad you all are right...I forgot the view you had from the TV was way better then anything PFF uses. I mean its not like those guys make a living off analyzing tape like the excellent analysts we have on this page...lol I forgot how amazing some of you all are. I mean I guess when they explain why a player did well or how amazing they are like a Von(1st 2 games) or Kahlil mack or crowell last week of the JETS O-line they don't know crap because they aint got squat on the bad ass analysts and pundits we got here....LOL. I mean by now we should certainly take the coaches view on McGovern, since for 2 years straight they have shown they clearly know what they are doing....consecutive losing streaks in back to back seasons is proof we should take VJ at his word right? What about Roby, He and Chubb damn near singlehandedly cost us the jets game, where is there accountability. I think every one on this page should get real with themselves. We have bigger problems then the OL play....Coaching, defense, Ego, give a flip by some players, scheme, Qb play, QB play plus scheme, in fact only thing I would agree about our OL on is the penalties they need to clean up....I think about half the sacks was keenum holding the ball after a 5 or 7 step drop...that's no Bueno for any OL

Its funny football outsiders has us ranked 4th in run blocking and 19th in Pass blocking. 70% of our carries are at Center/Guard for a 4.46 YPC....LT is 1.63 YPC and RT is over 5 ypc.....they have some good info as well

Poet
10-12-2018, 12:02 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/09/20/__trashed/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0436783f6b5

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/27/nfl-analytics-what-nfl-teams-use-pff-stats-llc-tendencies-player-tracking-injuries-chip-kelly

Teams and coaches use it. Is it the end all be all? No. But it's useful.

Shazam!
10-12-2018, 12:04 PM
My bad you all are right...I forgot the view you had from the TV was way better then anything PFF uses. I mean its not like those guys make a living off analyzing tape like the excellent analysts we have on this page...lol I forgot how amazing some of you all are. I mean I guess when they explain why a player did well or how amazing they are like a Von(1st 2 games) or Kahlil mack or crowell last week of the JETS O-line they don't know crap because they aint got squat on the bad ass analysts and pundits we got here....LOL. I mean by now we should certainly take the coaches view on McGovern, since for 2 years straight they have shown they clearly know what they are doing....consecutive losing streaks in back to back seasons is proof we should take VJ at his word right? What about Roby, He and Chubb damn near singlehandedly cost us the jets game, where is there accountability. I think every one on this page should get real with themselves. We have bigger problems then the OL play....Coaching, defense, Ego, give a flip by some players, scheme, Qb play, QB play plus scheme, in fact only thing I would agree about our OL on is the penalties they need to clean up....I think about half the sacks was keenum holding the ball after a 5 or 7 step drop...that's no Bueno for any OL

Its funny football outsiders has us ranked 4th in run blocking and 19th in Pass blocking. 70% of our carries are at Center/Guard for a 4.46 YPC....LT is 1.63 YPC and RT is over 5 ypc.....they have some good info as well

On nearly any other team Bolles would be BENCHED he has been so bad.

If McGovern was so good now why would Max G have a go? He had an impressive start going back to last year but Vs Baltimore and NYJ he was utterly horrible.

Yes i saw it from my tv. Millions did too. This wasnt exactly a secret.

Poet
10-12-2018, 12:05 PM
A bad LT doesn't mean a line is automatically garbage and devoid of merit...you really do use horrible logic, sir.

Shazam!
10-12-2018, 12:07 PM
A bad LT doesn't mean a line is automatically garbage and devoid of merit...you really do use horrible logic, sir.

Was pointing out the obvious weak Link in addition to McGovern. Great run blocking, bad in pass prot.

Poet
10-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Was pointing out the obvious weak Link in addition to McGovern.

The line is still servicable and Keenum still has caused many sacks and makes the line worse, not better. Limited weak armed QB's who hold onto the ball too long (Keenum) and get happy feet (TS did both) make lines worse and worse. A couple holding calls on Bolles were a result of him trying to keep Keenum up.

It's mind boogling how people watch this line and think it's the worst in the league - I'm guessing it's because they're not watching other games and seeing the rest of the leagues sans the high profile games with elite lines and elite QB's and schemes? It's possible to have a bad line and a bad QB, and it's possible a bad QB makes the line worse. At least Bolles has a potential spot at RT - Keenum is barely in the league as a backup unless you're JFE.

wayninja
10-12-2018, 12:22 PM
If McGovern was so good now why would Max G have a go? He had an impressive start going back to last year but Vs Baltimore and NYJ he was utterly horrible.

I'm not commenting on who should be benched or started, but using what VJ is doing/not doing as proof of efficacy is an irrational position.

He's a terrible head coach, and his decisions are not proof of anything related to football competence.

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 12:25 PM
On nearly any other team Bolles would be BENCHED he has been so bad.

Yes i saw it from my tv. Millions did too. This wasnt exactly a secret.

Oh I didn't say bolles wasnt playing bad, I said he regressed from his rookie year. So yeah it could start to be time for him to go to the bench, problem I have with that is I think its more lack of coaching, scheme and the QB then bolles the player. Is he elite no, but he is also a second year player who has played for 2 Qb's that are getting happy feet and holding the ball to long, that wouldn't help any Tackles development at all. As for Garcia he played bad and got benched last year, McGovern didn't have a very good game against the Jets, but I refuse to believe the change that needed to happen for this team was Garcia for McGovern on a OL that isn't half as bad as is led to believe. Especially when it comes from VJ......

dogfish
10-12-2018, 12:26 PM
PFF blows, but people do need to get a grip with the over the top takes on the line. . . no, it's not good, but it's no worse than average. . . this is what O-line play looks like in the NFL these days. . . most teams are bad at it. . . if shazam wants to compare to 1997, he's going to be eternally disappointed. . . there isn't one left tackle in the entire league right now who's as good as gary zimmerman. . . joe thomas was the last great tackle-- not one OT currently playing is on a HOF track. . .

Shazam!
10-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Was pointing out the obvious weak Link in addition to McGovern.

The line is still servicable and Keenum still has caused many sacks and makes the line worse, not better. Limited weak armed QB's who hold onto the ball too long (Keenum) and get happy feet (TS did both) make lines worse and worse. A couple holding calls on Bolles were a result of him trying to keep Keenum up.

It's mind boogling how people watch this line and think it's the worst in the league - I'm guessing it's because they're not watching other games and seeing the rest of the leagues sans the high profile games with elite lines and elite QB's and schemes? It's possible to have a bad line and a bad QB, and it's possible a bad QB makes the line worse. At least Bolles has a potential spot at RT - Keenum is barely in the league as a backup unless you're JFE.

Bro. The Line has been hampering the offense for YEARS in pass protection. What games have you been watching?

They dont have to play lights out and I dont expect them to. It would be nice if they could win half the battles but they are dominated up front constantly.

Do you think during the 8 game losing streak, they played well? Please.

Pass pro has been a weakness and the whole League knows it. Combine that with a mediocre QB its is a disaster waiting to happen.

OH WAIT! No problem on the Line. Right! I forgot.

Line bright spot: Paradis has shown to be a warrior, and he cant do it all by himself.

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 12:32 PM
PFF blows, but people do need to get a grip with the over the top takes on the line. . . no, it's not good, but it's no worse than average. . . this is what O-line play looks like in the NFL these days. . . most teams are bad at it. . . if shazam wants to compare to 1997, he's going to be eternally disappointed. . . there isn't one left tackle in the entire league right now who's as good as gary zimmerman. . . joe thomas was the last great tackle-- not one OT currently playing is on a HOF track. . .

I remember many scouts talking about the fact there hasn't been good OL talent in years at the Tackle position. Something with the college game and the way they are developed now.....

dogfish
10-12-2018, 12:34 PM
I remember many scouts talking about the fact there hasn't been good OL talent in years at the Tackle position. Something with the college game and the way they are developed now.....

yup. . . the days of will roaf, orlando pace and jon ogden are long gone. . .

Poet
10-12-2018, 12:35 PM

27 teams use it - coaches use it as well. It's fine.

Poet
10-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Bro. The Line has been hampering the offense for YEARS in pass protection. What games have you been watching?

They dont have to play lights out and I dont expect them to. It would be nice if they could win half the battles but they are dominated up front constantly.

Pass pro has been a weakness and the whole League knows it. Combine that with a mediocre QB its is a disaster waiting to happen.

Line bright spot: Paradis has shown to be a warrior, and he cant do it all by himself.

So because it's been an issue for years it's all on the line, and not career backups like TS and CK? You seem to think it's just a one problem issue. No one is saying the line hasn't sucked. But we've had independently shitty QB's for years, too.

They somehow do well on run blocking. They are below average but not horrible this year in pass pro, and that's with a QB who is playing awful and holding onto the ball too long, and whose pocket presence has demonstrably gone down.

You have no ability to use nuance. Who here is saying the line is great? No one.

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 12:42 PM

we have had 13 sacks according to football outsiders since you all hate PFF lol. That's middle of the pack. Can we get better? yes....is it why we are losing the last 3 games and looking like we do? I don't think so....Heck what about the fact that in pass rush last week both von and chubb couldn't beat one on ones againt TE's like Tomlinson? that was more concerning to me then OL play.....I watched keenum take a seven step drop and then hold the ball for more then 3 seconds and get wooped by the Jets DL player, expecting a OL to manage that constantly without a chip, any help or a RB inside or out is just poor coaching.....you cant even blame execution cause it shouldn't have even happened to begin with....I hope Musgrave has the game plan ready this week cause what I saw the last 2 weeks was just horrendous......

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 12:44 PM
27 teams use it - coaches use it as well. It's fine.

PFF and any site like that often contradicts a fans perception good or bad of Player X on this board so they get discredited a lot here......its not new.....And Dog that isn't designed to be a dig at you just a overall perception.....

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 12:46 PM
So because it's been an issue for years it's all on the line, and not career backups like TS and CK? You seem to think it's just a one problem issue. No one is saying the line hasn't sucked. But we've had independently shitty QB's for years, too.

They somehow do well on run blocking. They are below average but not horrible this year in pass pro, and that's with a QB who is playing awful and holding onto the ball too long, and whose pocket presence has demonstrably gone down.

You have no ability to use nuance. Who here is saying the line is great? No one.

to be fair PFF does have them highly rated, so I can see why some fans would lash back against that, however I will take a site like that over a frustrated fan any day lol

Poet
10-12-2018, 12:46 PM
It probably factors in how awful Keenum has been and how about a quarter of the sacks given up are directly on him.

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 12:49 PM
yup. . . the days of will roaf, orlando pace and jon ogden are long gone. . .

dude even next years prospects look bleak....we just need to run the ball, use a screen and short passing game in combo to continue to move the chains, then use play action a bit to hit our Bad ass WR's deep who are routinely open by the way....they should hire me tomorrow....lol

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 12:52 PM
It probably factors in how awful Keenum has been and how about a quarter of the sacks given up are directly on him.

it seems like PFF might but I don't think football outsiders does....in either case...its not where my focus would be if I'm the HC...

VonDoom
10-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Veldheer and Adam Jones are out for Sunday

turftoad
10-12-2018, 01:00 PM
We need to get a real LT and move Bolles to RT.

Poet
10-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Veldheer and Adam Jones are out for Sunday

Veldheer...the worst replacement for Talib I've ever seen.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Veldheer...the worst replacement for Talib I've ever seen.

Veldheer is the worst cover corner in the league, maybe in the world.

dogfish
10-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Veldheer is the worst cover corner in the league, maybe in the world.

roc alexander just called, he says what's up. . .

CoachChaz
10-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Who will play more games this season? Talib or Veldheer?

Poet
10-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Who will play more games this season? Talib or Veldheer?

Talib - and he was playing at a high level before he was hurt. I didn't like the move when we made it then, and I especially don't like it now. Mirrors my feelings on our joyous signing of Keenum.

CoachChaz
10-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Talib - and he was playing at a high level before he was hurt. I didn't like the move when we made it then, and I especially don't like it now. Mirrors my feelings on our joyous signing of Keenum.

Talib is out until week 13 at best. So, best case scenario, he plays 8 games this season. How much would he really be helping us right now?

Poet
10-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Talib is out until week 13 at best. So, best case scenario, he plays 8 games this season. How much would he really be helping us right now?

He would have been on the field and providing leadership to a team that desperately needs some. Veldheer might be back in a few weeks, but he will be hobbled and he was only playing okay before. He won't be effective on the field. We got rid of a strength of the team and replaced that strength with bandaids at RT. Last week the entire point of the Jets scheme was to make our corners tackle, and they couldn't. Talib was sorely missed in that game.

Veldheer was only the right move if he could stay on the field, he offers nothing to us off the field, unlike Talib. It was questionable then and it sucks.

CoachChaz
10-12-2018, 01:38 PM
He would have been on the field and providing leadership to a team that desperately needs some. Veldheer might be back in a few weeks, but he will be hobbled and he was only playing okay before. He won't be effective on the field. We got rid of a strength of the team and replaced that strength with bandaids at RT. Last week the entire point of the Jets scheme was to make our corners tackle, and they couldn't. Talib was sorely missed in that game.

Veldheer was only the right move if he could stay on the field, he offers nothing to us off the field, unlike Talib. It was questionable then and it sucks.

All speculation. One of the reasons for getting rid of Talib was his age...which he started to show last year and looks like he is showing even more this year. But yes...the Talib of 2 or 3 or 4 years ago will be missed. The Talib of this year or last year is not.

Poet
10-12-2018, 01:41 PM
All speculation. One of the reasons for getting rid of Talib was his age...which he started to show last year and looks like he is showing even more this year. But yes...the Talib of 2 or 3 or 4 years ago will be missed. The Talib of this year or last year is not.

Well, it's speculation to assume he'd have been hurt here, too. And he wasn't showing his age this season - there was a stat how before he got hut he had given up less than one hundred yards on the year. After week two he had given up less than twenty.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Joseph today - Not much to say. Wonder if he was given an "or else".

Joseph delivers final injury report ahead of #LARvsDEN

Head Coach Vance Joseph updates the injury status of several players.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/joseph-delivers-final-injury-report-ahead-of-larvsden

VonDoom
10-12-2018, 03:09 PM
In case anyone thought we’d catch a break, both Cooks and Cupp practiced in full, meaning they’re through concussion protocol and will play on Sunday

underrated29
10-12-2018, 03:57 PM
In case anyone thought we’d catch a break, both Cooks and Cupp practiced in full, meaning they’re through concussion protocol and will play on Sunday

See, I see all of this as great news for us! Let me explain:

1. We start Garcia at G, knowing full well how badly he sucks ass in pass pro. We all know this. We all do. So do the coaches which is why he lost his job to start this season. This is great news because Suh or Darnold or both, are likely going to hurt Keenum. (Not badly) Case will have to sit out a series or two, maybe a week or two and Kelly gets to play. This is the way the coaching staff gets to save face by starting chad but not benching keenum.

2. We get the rams at full strength so when the bend us over like Buff will to the surgeon the beat down will be so so bad that they will fire Woods and VJ.

We rejoice as we get another years worth of early round picks, which if we can draft like we did this year, then we will/should be able to re-stock the team quickly! I also forsee us haveing upward of like 70 mil to play around with this offseason (no roby, keenum, DT restructure, Marshall, Dstew, Leary, Sanders, Shane Ray) That right there is a lot of money to shop with. A lot of guys we need to replace too no doubt, but a solid draft with high picks and solid wallet to go grab some guys. The rams could do us this giant favor by smashing us hard!

GEM
10-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Saw something that one of the big shakeup changes is possibly benching McGovern....while Bolles stays at his position? Which one led the league in penalties last season and so far this season? I mean if you're going to bench an offensive lineman, shouldn't it be the one that is really hurting the team? ******* dumbass, guy who plays a coach on tv.

Shazam!
10-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Saw something that one of the big shakeup changes is possibly benching McGovern....while Bolles stays at his position? Which one led the league in penalties last season and so far this season? I mean if you're going to bench an offensive lineman, shouldn't it be the one that is really hurting the team? ******* dumbass, guy who plays a coach on tv.

The only option would be Veldheer and hes out. Turner is the only other viable option and he's starting.

Can McGovern play T? Lol

I was so hopeful after watching his first few starts but against Baltimore and NYJ he was terrible.

Paradis os the only lineman they have worth a Damn.

LawDog
10-12-2018, 06:40 PM

So Sergio Dipp really was mocking VJ afterall.

VonDoom
10-12-2018, 08:54 PM
https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1050920713727696896?s=21

dogfish
10-12-2018, 09:22 PM
https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1050920713727696896?s=21

so VJ has three weeks left? cool. . .

:defense:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-12-2018, 10:39 PM
When is our bye week?

underrated29
10-13-2018, 02:11 AM
Crazy rumor I heard not just from some random kid on the internet but also not a legit type either. Just someone I know connected to the organization in a way........Shanahan, as in mike.

Not sure I believe it or want it. But that name has been floating around dove valley

VonDoom
10-13-2018, 06:58 AM
When is our bye week?

After week nine, which I assume relates to the “two of the next four” quote above

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 07:15 AM
Crazy rumor I heard not just from some random kid on the internet but also not a legit type either. Just someone I know connected to the organization in a way........Shanahan, as in mike.

Not sure I believe it or want it. But that name has been floating around dove valley

Who is your contact in the organization (meaning their capacity)?

I was thinking and privately hoping that could happen too

Nomad
10-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Broncos gonna upset the Rams. #thatisall #winning

underrated29
10-13-2018, 09:56 AM

This guy isnt in the organization. He's actually not even a football fan. But the organization does have it's own hockey team. He must said that Mike's name has been polling up a bunch according to those within......

Like I said, tame it fir what it's worth. Not anything substantial from a person w good inside knowledge.......but fun to share and this k about

UnderArmour
10-13-2018, 11:08 AM

It wouldn't be unprecedented. The Redskins brought back Joe Gibbs after a long hiatus, and he returned them to respectability. More recently the Raiders with Gruden, with the jury still out. Elway and Shanahan would make a great team, because Shanahan knows how to put together an offense but always had no clue how to assemble a defense. Elway, on the other hand, has the exact opposite problem in knowing how to assemble a defense, but no clue how to assemble an offense.

This would be an offseason move though, so this season we're pretty much still screwed.

Poet
10-13-2018, 11:25 AM
I watched Shanahan out in Washington. He and RG3 couldn't get along but they had some wonderful success together that first year. He saw something in Cousins and preferred him.

It would be so intriguing. It would give me the vapors!

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 11:37 AM

This guy isnt in the organization. He's actually not even a football fan. But the organization does have it's own hockey team. He must said that Mike's name has been polling up a bunch according to those within......

Like I said, tame it fir what it's worth. Not anything substantial from a person w good inside knowledge.......but fun to share and this k about

There are very few moves Elway could make that wouldnt send fans into a frenzy. This is one of them. He would be widely accepted and is literally a genius compared to VJ.

Who else can resurrect this Team and bring them an identity than the guy who did it first in 1995?

Elways no fool. Just like who can kill Tim Tebow and run him out of town? Peyton Fing Manning.

I see this as a similar move. Im pretty sure he would fit in with Musgrave's schematics until next Season when he would install what he wants to. Also would like to see him work his magic on Chad Kelly. I believe he is the future and the key to long term success.

Besides, hes familiar with everything. Going back to the glory days is what they need. Hell, he should dial up Stink too and see if he wants to Coach up the OLine whike hes at It.

UnderArmour
10-13-2018, 11:39 AM
There are very few moves Elway could make that wouldnt send fans into a frenzy. This is one of them. He would be widely accepted and is literally a genius compared to VJ.

Who else can resurrect this Team and bring them an identity than the guy who did it first in 1995?

Elways no fool. Just like who can kill Tim Tebow and run him out of town? Peyton Fing Manning.

I see this as a similar move. Im pretty sure he would fit in with Musgrave's schematics until next Season when he would install what he wants to. Also would like to see him work his magic on Chad Kelly. I believe he is the future and the key to long term success.

I just do not foresee the Broncos going outside of the organization for an interim head coach. Has it even happened before in recent NFL history?

dogfish
10-13-2018, 11:41 AM
good lord! if bringing back disastermind is the best idea elway can come with, he needs to just resign. . .

Poet
10-13-2018, 11:45 AM
good lord! if bringing back disastermind is the best idea elway can come with, he needs to just resign. . .

It would be intriguing though!

dogfish
10-13-2018, 11:46 AM
It would be intriguing though!

you think elway will come out of retirement to play quarterback for him?

Poet
10-13-2018, 11:48 AM
you think elway will come out of retirement to play quarterback for him?

Okay, so I legitimately snorted when I read that.

Look, the answers in football are rarely in the past. It wasn't Kubiak who delivered the team a SB - it was Phillips. It wasn't bringing Elway back but inserting him as the GM, not a retread at QB (I only wrote this because you were so funny I had to). But dammit, it would be Intriguing.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 12:17 PM

There are very few people off the street to come in and lead this team, and few within the organization. This is an acceptable move IF it were to happen... For now. Given the current state of the team? At least we know he can manage game day.

Northman
10-13-2018, 01:00 PM

I dont have any hate for Mike but i agree in the sense that doing something like that sounds more like desperation rather than forward thinking. Its almost he is applying his strategy with QB's to his HC staff. If Elway went back to SHanahan im not sure i would really have faith in John to set this organization up for long term success.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 01:08 PM

I dont have any hate for Mike but i agree in the sense that doing something like that sounds more like desperation rather than forward thinking. Its almost he is applying his strategy with QB's to his HC staff. If Elway went back to SHanahan im not sure i would really have faith in John to set this organization up for long term success.

I would assume would have to interview for the job for next year? This is in the interim. There are precious few options.

I have no reason to believe VJ will somehow find a way to the W on Sun. I think he lost the players. At 2-4 the wheels can come off fast.

At least in 2012 w/Manning, Denver was 2x3 in a SD road game NOBODY had the Broncos winning when Manning finally found his groove and got hot to salvage the Season. I cant see that happening unless they plan on running the football in a hurry up 65 times.

UnderArmour
10-13-2018, 02:50 PM
"Forward thinking" hasn't exactly worked out for the Broncos.
Josh McDaniels made such a mess that nobody wanted this job. Vance Joseph and his staff's failure to develop a competent offensive unit has left a mess waiting for the next guy in the same way. If anyone honestly expects a talented young offensive coach to want this job, you're kidding yourself. Talented offensive minds go to teams with promise, which our offense clearly doesn't have. Kyle Shanahan was our chance, and Elway blew it.

spikerman
10-13-2018, 02:54 PM
"Forward thinking" hasn't exactly worked out for the Broncos.
Josh McDaniels made such a mess that nobody wanted this job. Vance Joseph and his staff's failure to develop a competent offensive unit has left a mess waiting for the next guy in the same way. If anyone honestly expects a talented young offensive coach to want this job, you're kidding yourself. Talented offensive minds go to teams with promise, which our offense clearly doesn't have. Kyle Shanahan was our chance, and Elway blew it.
What promise did SF have before Shanny Jr took the job? There are only 32 of these jobs. If a young up and comer wants to be a head coach he’ll jump at the chance.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Mike Shannahan has a brilliant offensive mind. That’s all that matters. Giving him control of the draft is where the Broncos screwed up

UnderArmour
10-13-2018, 03:00 PM
What promise did SF have before Shanny Jr took the job? There are only 32 of these jobs. If a young up and comer wants to be a head coach he’ll jump at the chance.

The "promise" of the San Francisco job was major say over personnel, the roster, and reporting directly to the owner. Kyle Shanahan was hired before they hired John Lynch. He also knew he was walking into a rebuilding franchise with no expectations, so the hot seat wouldn't be there until years 3 or 4. Denver isn't a dumpster fire of an organization that tolerates 2 or 3 years of losing, much less complete regression.

Magnificent Seven
10-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Mike Shannahan has a brilliant offensive mind. That’s all that matters. Giving him control of the draft is where the Broncos screwed up

HC: Mike Shannahan OC: Kyle Shannahan :D

Nomad
10-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Me & Mike Shanny have the same birthday. We had a bond....well....until he drafted that one QB named Cutler.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 03:21 PM

The "promise" of the San Francisco job was major say over personnel, the roster, and reporting directly to the owner. Kyle Shanahan was hired before they hired John Lynch. He also knew he was walking into a rebuilding franchise with no expectations, so the hot seat wouldn't be there until years 3 or 4. Denver isn't a dumpster fire of an organization that tolerates 2 or 3 years of losing, much less complete regression.

Lynch hired Kyle I think just FTR

UnderArmour
10-13-2018, 03:41 PM

You're right by the official timeline of hiring, but Kyle Shanahan had already been interviewed and was the finalist for the job before Lynch was hired. 49ers just couldn't make it official until after the Falcons season was over.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 04:09 PM

You're right by the official timeline of hiring, but Kyle Shanahan had already been interviewed and was the finalist for the job before Lynch was hired. 49ers just couldn't make it official until after the Falcons season was over.

I aint bickering about it. He was a hot commodity too

Northman
10-13-2018, 04:27 PM

Same thing with the Rams. They were a mess and had already been moved to another city and yet look where they are now. It is not going to change overnight but with the right young coach it can happen, you just have to make good decisions if you are Elway although at this point he has not done that.

LawDog
10-13-2018, 05:02 PM
I’d imagine that Shanny would just be interim to get through this season then help out with a coaching search.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-13-2018, 05:44 PM
Washington also has some nfl talent in the secondary. It’s not just about the quarterback position, I would assume.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2018, 06:23 PM
FOX Sports' Mark Schlereth: Broncos must run the ball to beat Rams

FOX Sports analyst Mark Schlereth previews Sunday's game between the Rams and Broncos.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/fox-sports-mark-schlereth-broncos-must-run-the-ball-to-beat-rams

Northman
10-13-2018, 06:25 PM
We've proven we can run the ball, the question is whether or not the coaches stick with it.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 06:28 PM
I don’t see the point in bringing in Shanahan just to finish out a 6-10 season and it’s time to go outside the family in the new coaching search too. No Kubiak assistants. No Shanahan assistants. No nepotism.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 06:35 PM
I don’t see the point in bringing in Shanahan just to finish out a 6-10 season and it’s time to go outside the family in the new coaching search too. No Kubiak assistants. No Shanahan assistants. No nepotism.

If the Jets game was a gauge they're gonna go 2x14 with VJ. Other than the Arizona and Cleveland games it looks like they wont win another game.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 06:36 PM
If the Jets game was a gauge they're gonna go 2x14 with VJ. Other than the Arizona and Cleveland games it looks like they wont win another game.

So why bring in Shanahan to finish off a 2-14 season?

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 07:12 PM

So why bring in Shanahan to finish off a 2-14 season?

Um to avoid VJ leading them to 2x14, try to win some games.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 07:14 PM

Any interim will do that. Why Shanahan?

LawDog
10-13-2018, 07:18 PM

Because his experience and leadership will keep things from disintegrating. They’ll need that to set things up for next year.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 07:21 PM
Because his experience and leadership will keep things from disintegrating. They’ll need that to set things up for next year.

Set what up for next year?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-13-2018, 07:22 PM
I don’t know why anyone things we can beat the Cardinals in AZ when we can’t be competitive with the hapless Jets.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 07:23 PM
There should be a new coach next year. There should be a whole new set of assistants and a new scheme. A new language for both the offense and the defense.

There should be new linemen. There should be a new quarterback. New linebackers. Changeover at numerous positions.

What exactly is Shanahan setting up?

wayninja
10-13-2018, 07:24 PM
I don’t know why anyone things we can beat the Cardinals in AZ when we can’t be competitive with the hapless Jets.

I'm not sure I'd call the Jets "hapless". They've been bottom of the barrel long enough and moved up to get Darnold that they are probably due for mediocrity. Which is only something we could wish for.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 08:10 PM

Any interim? Jack Del Rio or Studdesville aren't here. Who can take over? Musgrave? No way that happens.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Musgrave? No way that happens.

Why?

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Musgrave? No way that happens.

Why?

Short tenure with Denver. Lack of experience.

Why your pretending to be totally clueless when youre not, I dont know.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 08:36 PM

Lack of experience? He’s been a coach in the NFL for more than 20 years, and played in the league for eight.

I’m trying to understand what the benefit of bringing in Shanahan to be interim is. I haven’t seen a very good reason yet.

Northman
10-13-2018, 08:39 PM
I cant think of any team that brought a SB winning coach in to be a interim coach for a short period of time. Can anyone else? Most of the interim coaches ive seen or remember were all coordinators.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 08:50 PM

Lack of experience? He’s been a coach in the NFL for more than 20 years, and played in the league for eight.

I’m trying to understand what the benefit of bringing in Shanahan to be interim is. I haven’t seen a very good reason yet.

Like i said, JDR was a former Coach. Studdesville had a long tenure in Denver and was only filling in for what, 3 games? This is thinking they need someone to step in for more than half a Season. Musgrave is not ready for that, he hasn't even done a miraculous job as OC. He was kind of the defacto OC after McCoy last year needing some consistency and not wanting to bring in someone from outside.

Shazam!
10-13-2018, 08:51 PM
I cant think of any team that brought a SB winning coach in to be a interim coach for a short period of time. Can anyone else? Most of the interim coaches ive seen or remember were all coordinators.

I cant remember a team sliding like Denver with the Season ready to collapse in Week6.

Worst Coach I ever saw was Rich Kotite next to VJ.

Northman
10-13-2018, 08:55 PM
I cant remember a team sliding like Denver with the Season ready to collapse in Week6.

Worst Coach I ever saw was Rich Kotite next to VJ.

Meh, you have seen it especially with ball clubs like Cleveland in the past. Unless you thought Denver was really a contender before the season started i cant see why anyone would be surprised at what they are seeing right now. The problems with Denver were pretty glaring in the opening game vs the Hawks. I hope no one thought we were a contender after the first 2 games because there were some glaring issues in both games.

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Like i said, JDR was a former Coach. Studdesville had a long tenure in Denver and was only filling in for what, 3 games? This is thinking they need someone to step in for more than half a Season. Musgrave is not ready for that, he hasn't even done a miraculous job as OC. He was kind of the defacto OC after McCoy last year needing some consistency and not wanting to bring in someone from outside.

Studesville was in his first season with the Broncos when he became interim head coach.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-13-2018, 10:15 PM

I’ll tell you why. We’re desperate for solutions Mo, that’s why.

dogfish
10-13-2018, 10:33 PM

because every week is different in the NFL. . . the bills have good weeks, and the rams will have bad ones. . . everyone has talent, and we do, too. . . shoulda beat KC-- we'll get a few more wins here and there. . . we ain't worse than last year, and that team managed five wins. . . things are never as good or as bad as they seem in this league. . .

VonDoom
10-13-2018, 10:40 PM
Here’s some of those changes VJ talked about. Nothing huge, though it sounds like Garcia will start for McGovern:

https://www.9news.com/amp/article?section=sports&headline=vance-josephs-expected-changes-for-game-vs-rams&contentId=73-604139966&__twitter_impression=true

dogfish
10-13-2018, 10:49 PM
man. . . all due respect, and i love you guys. . . but some of you are in a tremendous state of denial if you think an interim coach can come in and magically "save" this season, and make this into a playoff team. . . i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we don't have an NFL-caliber starting quarterback on the roster, and no mid-season coaching hire can change that. . . also, the talent on defense ain't what it was a couple years ago. . .

any move to bring in shenanigans is some serious grasping at straws at this point-- old, broken-down straws. . . if some interim did manage to win 6-7 games instead of 4-5, it just delays the inevitable and painful (but necessary) rebuild even further. . . the only intelligent move is to have some freaking self-awareness about the situation, accept that this year is a sunk cost, and not waste any more time or resources trying to throw one more half-assed patch on a tire that's no longer road worthy under the best of circumstances. . .

the smartest thing they can do now is to let VJ finish the season and get us a high pick for next year. . . there's enough talent on this roster right now to make a quick turnaround with the right coach and QB combo, but they need to stop kidding themselves that they can miraculously get quality QB play out of some journeyman or late rounder. . . bite the bullet, man the F up, and suffer some pain this season so the franchise can legitimately grow and move forward under new leadership next year. . . no more half-measures, no more refusing to take the necessary steps. . . who cares if you missed on lynch, it happens to everyone. . . have the balls to take another swing at it. . . we need a talented young QB prospect, and an innovative offensive mind who can develop that guy, and put him in a system to succeed. . . anything less is a cop-out. . . there is no "fixing" this season-- every move from here on out should be made with an eye towards the future. . .

dogfish
10-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Nothing huge, though it sounds like Garcia will start for McGovern:

brilliant! that will undoubtedly compensate for keenum's inability to hit a wide open receiver for the game-winning touchdown, and roby's inability to cover anyone. . .

slim
10-13-2018, 11:05 PM
man. . . all due respect, and i love you guys. . . but some of you are in a tremendous state of denial if you think an interim coach can come in and magically "save" this season, and make this into a playoff team. . . i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we don't have an NFL-caliber starting quarterback on the roster, and no mid-season coaching hire can change that. . . also, the talent on defense ain't what it was a couple years ago. . . any move to bring in shenanigans is some serious grasping at straws at this point-- old, broken-down straws. . . if some interim did manage to win 6-7 games instead of 4-5, it just delays the inevitable and painful (but necessary) rebuild even further. . . the only intelligent move is to have some freaking self-awareness about the situation, accept that this year is a sunk cost, and not waste any more time or resources trying to throw one more half-assed patch on a tire that's no longer road worthy under the best of circumstances. . . the smartest thing they can do now is to let VJ finish the season and get us a high pick for next year. . . there's enough talent on this roster right now to make a quick turnaround with the right coach and QB combo, but they need to stop kidding themselves that they can miraculously get quality QB play out of some journeyman or late rounder. . . bite the bullet, man the F up, and suffer some pain this season so the franchise can legitimately grow and move forward under new leadership next year. . . no more half-measures, no more refusing to take the necessary steps. . . who cares if you missed on lynch, it happens to everyone. . . have the balls to take another swing at it. . . we need a talented young QB prospect, and an innovative offensive mind who can develop that guy, and put him in a system to succeed. . . anything less is a cop-out. . . there is no "fixing" this season-- every move from here on out should be made with an eye towards the future. . .

Thanks, Joel!!

dogfish
10-13-2018, 11:10 PM
Thanks, Joel!!

you're welcome, Joe. . .

:welcome:

slim
10-13-2018, 11:13 PM
you're welcome, Joe. . .

:welcome:

God gave us paragraphs and sentence structure for a reason!!

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 11:14 PM

You. And sentence structure.

:pound:

dogfish
10-13-2018, 11:16 PM

god gave us beer for a reason, too. . .

slim
10-13-2018, 11:20 PM
You. And sentence structure.

:pound:

Blow me

MOtorboat
10-13-2018, 11:22 PM
Blow me

You wish.

slim
10-13-2018, 11:22 PM
god gave us beer for a reason, too. . .

MO is up in arms right now. Let's raise a glass in his honor.

slim
10-13-2018, 11:23 PM
You wish.

I am in a great mood and you can't bring me down!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2018, 12:41 AM
because every week is different in the NFL. . . the bills have good weeks, and the rams will have bad ones. . . everyone has talent, and we do, too. . . shoulda beat KC-- we'll get a few more wins here and there. . . we ain't worse than last year, and that team managed five wins. . . things are never as good or as bad as they seem in this league. . .

Blah-blah-blah!

Take your positivity and levelheaded take elsewhere!

:lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2018, 12:42 AM
Here’s another sobering outlook, our point differential.

dogfish
10-14-2018, 01:31 AM
MO is up in arms right now. Let's raise a glass in his honor.

MO is our brother in arms. . . so don't raise that glass over his head!

MOtorboat
10-14-2018, 01:47 AM
MO is our brother in arms. . . so don't raise that glass over his head!

I mean...it’s not that hard.

Shazam!
10-14-2018, 05:26 AM
...and nobody thinks someone stepping in is goinv to magically save the season, just stop the embarassment of VJ.

Shazam!
10-14-2018, 05:50 AM
. . we ain't worse than last year, and that team managed five wins. . .

Did you even watch last Sunday? Or last year? This looks a whole lot like last year.

Elevation inc
10-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Don't worry guys VJ has got this he swapped out our better RG for a Worse verison, and made sure he was more involved with the defense....Be ready that's all it takes to win for Denver now....everything else you saw was just a mirage. I have zero faith now, this coaching staff has this team ready to play. Even with it cold and snow on the ground. I expect a poor defensive showing and attempting to throw 30-40 times...just brace and prepare yourself now.....

dogfish
10-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Did you even watch last Sunday? Or last year? This looks a whole lot like last year.

no, shazam. . . you're the only one who ever watches the games. . . you may be the only one who even owns a TV!

Nomad
10-14-2018, 01:30 PM
no, shazam. . . you're the only one who ever watches the games. . . you may be the only one who even owns a TV!

You just don't get it, dog.

Poet
10-14-2018, 01:48 PM

*Ahem*

#shotsfired
#doggystyle
#wegotnoTVs
#murderdance
#whatisfootball
#thatboydead
#caughtabody
#shothimdownthenhestarteddancing
#style
#styledon
#DogStylismo
#ranuponhim
#why
#maskoff
#graveyard
#coldblooded
#whydidShazambuyalltheTVs
#areweallowedtolistentothegame
#RIP
#coldblooded
#Dogbite
#drownedintheAtwater
#unloadedtheclip
#thatboydead
#callhismama
#stoptheviolence
#VJsux
#gunmoreaccuratethanKeesum
#Iwillbeyourlawyer
#innocent
#self-defense
#ohlawd

dogfish
10-15-2018, 06:17 PM
we are using one of our two "designated to return from IR" spots on sua cravens (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/15/broncos-designate-sua-cravens-to-return-from-ir/). . . hopefully he can actually get on the field, and help our nickle package in both the run game, and coverage against TEs. . .

wayninja
10-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Hopefully is the new puzzling.

underrated29
10-15-2018, 08:19 PM
we are using one of our two "designated to return from IR" spots on sua cravens (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/15/broncos-designate-sua-cravens-to-return-from-ir/). . . hopefully he can actually get on the field, and help our nickle package in both the run game, and coverage against TEs. . .

Whom should we use the other on? Vance, after we fire him? Do not say Jordan Taylor.
(this is a facetious post)

dogfish
10-15-2018, 10:38 PM
jordan taylor. . .

wayninja
10-15-2018, 10:47 PM
jordan taylor. . .

Yep, really need some QB depth.

Poet
10-15-2018, 10:54 PM
Yep, really need some QB depth.

Omfg...

You're a monster.

Poet
10-15-2018, 11:02 PM
I predict a double digit victory.

Freyaka
10-16-2018, 09:07 AM
I predict a double digit victory.

You think the Cardinals can score that much?

BroncoWave
10-16-2018, 09:08 AM

They might only need 10. :D

Poet
10-16-2018, 09:12 AM
Broncos 38

Arizona 17

Poet
10-16-2018, 09:13 AM
Broncos 38

Arizona 17

This is where the dead cat bounce comes in.

Freyaka
10-16-2018, 09:21 AM
They might only need 10. :D

Freyaka
10-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Broncos 38

Arizona 17

You think the Broncos can score that much?

Poet
10-16-2018, 09:24 AM
You think the Broncos can score that much?

Yes. This is just the type of game that might make some guy "well, maybe we can go on a run..." which would be the absolute worst thing for us. My pessimism is telling me that the Broncos go higgity higgity ham on the Cardinals.

Freyaka
10-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Yes. This is just the type of game that might make some guy "well, maybe we can go on a run..." which would be the absolute worst thing for us. My pessimism is telling me that the Broncos go higgity higgity ham on the Cardinals.

At this point winning a game is like puxatony phil seeing his shadow...It'll mean 6 more weeks of VJ...

I'd rather we lose this week... No way VJ survives this week if we lose. Then we can start picking up the pieces of this mess he made and start building towards a successful 2019 without him.

Nomad
10-16-2018, 09:37 AM
I’ll take the win for 500, Alex.

Nomad
10-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Broncos 38

Arizona 17

I like your style, King.

wayninja
10-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Our epic SB runs starts Thursday!

underrated29
10-16-2018, 12:07 PM
Our epic SB runs starts Thursday!

At what point does Chad Kelly start and Joe woods get relieved of duty for this to happen? 2nd quarter? 4th?
You have me excited!

Freyaka
10-16-2018, 01:00 PM
At what point does Chad Kelly start and Joe woods get relieved of duty for this to happen? 2nd quarter? 4th?
You have me excited!

Woods already lost playcalling abilities. For all intents and purposes, woods is a dead man walking already.

wayninja
10-16-2018, 01:19 PM
Here's an illustration of how the leader of men is leading his DC:

https://media3.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/02/15/813/n/1922283/e99f28b87bd901af_S2-E1-1-2.gif.xxxlarge.gif

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Broncos 38

Arizona 17

5 special teams touchdowns?

slim
10-16-2018, 01:45 PM
I almost feel sorry for the Cards. They ain't ready for this!

Freyaka
10-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Here's an illustration of how the leader of men is leading his DC:

https://media3.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/02/15/813/n/1922283/e99f28b87bd901af_S2-E1-1-2.gif.xxxlarge.gif

It's probably the first time in his career the leader of men is actually doing the right thing.