PDA

View Full Version : The defense gave up over 500 yards and 323 on the ground.

Broncoknight30
10-08-2018, 02:12 AM
I know there are those that will obsess, and I mean obsessively talk about Keenum. Today, he was NOT the problem. Not even close to THEEEE problem. Yet, that is what we will obsess about.

I get it. The NFL does not allow teams to play defense. However, 323 yards on the ground against an offense that was not exactly lighting things up? That was not the Rams offense. That is next week. That was the Jets. Broke a franchise record, longest run from scrimmage since 1996? That run, he may have been touched. Maybe.

The Broncos defense did not have a bunch of injuries.

I would not have let the staff on the bus that drove back to the hotel. There is no excuse for any of this.

Hawgdriver
10-08-2018, 02:13 AM
Yeah.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2018, 11:15 AM
I didn’t get to watch the game. Did we stack the box like we should have, or did we run 6 man fronts??

Northman
10-08-2018, 11:16 AM
I dont even remember most of the game but Crowells big play came on a sweep i believe.

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 11:20 AM
I didn’t get to watch the game. Did we stack the box like we should have, or did we run 6 man fronts??

I'm not sure we even put people on the field. At least it didn't look like it with all them missed arm tackles...

Shazam!
10-08-2018, 11:51 AM
This is directly why Joseph has to be fired. Its his JOB to have them ready to play.

Reminds me of the Miami game last year. Totally flat, dead and uninterested in competing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Can anyone answer this question for me?

broncofaninfla
10-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Marshall, Davis and Peko are garbage. All three are usually inconsistent at best but yesterday they were consistently bad. Add that to Woods being clueless and you end up with the cesspool we witnessed yesterday.

Spiritguy
10-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Totally flat, dead and uninterested in competing. That is a really good description of Vons play during the game. Makes me wonder if the D is already feeling like here we are again, same as last year.

Freyaka
10-10-2018, 08:50 AM

I don't remember if we did or not, however, even if we had, it wouldn't have helped. They attacked the corner with outside runs because they knew our corners couldn't tackle a RB to save their lives.

Poet
10-10-2018, 08:54 AM
I don't remember if we did or not, however, even if we had, it wouldn't have helped. They attacked the corner with outside runs because they knew our corners couldn't tackle a RB to save their lives.

Our safeties falling down didn't help.

You know what corner could tackle?

Do you recall his name?

BroncoJoe
10-10-2018, 08:57 AM

Do you recall his name?

Champ.

Poet
10-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Champ.

No, I'm King, silly Joe.

Freyaka
10-10-2018, 09:34 AM

Do you recall his name?

Did it rhyme with Baquib Balib?

Elevation inc
10-10-2018, 02:08 PM

Judging by some of the stuff said by the jets it was 6 man fronts.....

Jsteve01
10-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Do you recall his name?

Did it rhyme with Baquib Balib?

Bwahahahaha

Jsteve01
10-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Peko is not the problem. It is our Horrid ILB crew

Freyaka
10-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Peko is not the problem. It is our Horrid ILB crew

Yep, they've been a horrible issue for a long time. Peko shores up the line well, occasionally someone is going to get past peko, that's bound to happen, when it does, B-Marsh is supposed to be there to stop him...B-marsh couldn't stop a piece of paper if it stuck to his face first...

Poet
10-10-2018, 03:52 PM
The run defense went from bad to solid last year because of Peko. He's on the tail end of his career, but he's still a decent contributor, imo.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-10-2018, 10:20 PM

Good grief

Poet
10-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Good grief

We just sucked, man. Our corners and safeties took the day off - they're trash, mostly.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-10-2018, 11:32 PM
We just sucked, man. Our corners and safeties took the day off - they're trash, mostly.
Why in the freak would you run a six man front against Sam Sarnold??!!??!!

???!!!???!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-10-2018, 11:32 PM
!!!!????!!!!???!!!!

Poet
10-10-2018, 11:53 PM
!!!!????!!!!???!!!!

Because when Roby ****s up it's even more impressive?!!?!??!?!?!?!

Bugs Baloney
10-12-2018, 12:29 AM

Yep, it was just plain carelessness! They do not care. Just like last season, the defense basically gave up.
Vance does not bring any motivation to the table. Let's hope after a few games, especially if we lose bad
vs, the Rams, and @**! the bed against the Cards we can find an interim body to fill that spot for a half
of the season.
I would bet, like the majority of us, if Vance and Case coach and play like a middle school kids again,
the home crowd will vocally be calling for VJ's head, and for Mr. Machine Gun Kelly to take the reins. Bronco
fans will not accept mediocracy. Elway knows this, but will he swallow his pride?

Simple Jaded
10-12-2018, 03:46 AM

Leggy said it was a lot of nickel and dime but I remember seeing two ILB’s on most of those big run plays.

And yes True Believers, that includes Josey Jewell on most of them. All but two if I counted them all.

Elevation inc
10-12-2018, 07:09 AM
Leggy said it was a lot of nickel and dime but I remember seeing two ILB’s on most of those big run plays.

And yes True Believers, that includes Josey Jewell on most of them. All but two if I counted them all.

Personally I blame, Chubb, Roby, Marshall, and the safties, you could throw Kerr and Harris in the mix as well......those guys alone gave up 21 points.....the more I watched the defense the more I realized it was execution more than scheme. we had some guys just not show up period.....which is why I'm not sure why they aren't being held accountable but McGovern is...WTF is that.....Joseph is just dumb.....