PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Time

goodforubud
10-08-2018, 12:19 AM
Man, i can't believe how bad Case is. It's time to see what Kelly can do.

Hawgdriver
10-08-2018, 02:00 AM
Man, i can't believe how bad Case is. It's time to see what Kelly can do.

We know what Kelly can do. Might be time to see if he can do better though.

Plus he's worth the watch.

Shazam!
10-08-2018, 05:36 AM
They have to see what he has at This point anyway, because wholesale chamges are coing this offseason. VJ is def out

BroncoWave
10-08-2018, 06:00 AM
My prediction is we stick it out until the bye week and if we're still losing games at the point (which we probably will be), then we pull the plug on VJ and Keenum. While I would be fine with doing both of those things today, I'm sure Elway is looking at it from a standpoint of the AFC is incredibly weak this year and 2-3 still has us within a game of a wildcard spot.

We have our bye in week 10. If we go into it 4-5 or better I think Elway probably tries to play this out because that record still has us close to a wild card and the back half of our schedule is, on paper, a bit softer that the first. 3-6 or worse I think that's where he pulls the plug.

Sadly, I think the weak AFC will keep us within sniffing distance of the wild card too long for Elway to do what he should have done last year and can VJ and go with a young QB. Hopefully I'm wrong.

DenBronx
10-08-2018, 06:34 AM
What do we have to lose at this point? We are trash with or without Kelly. This team has bigger problems than QB. I think VJ needs to be gone before anything else. Might as well blow this bitch up.

broncofaninfla
10-08-2018, 08:05 AM
This team needs a change, a spark, starting Kelly would do that. I'm ready for something to happen, the team and coaching are nothing short of pathetic at this point.

Nomad
10-08-2018, 08:13 AM
This team needs a change, a spark, starting Kelly would do that. I'm ready for something to happen, the team and coaching are nothing short of pathetic at this point.

Why do you want Kelly to start? He might win some games.

Shazam!
10-08-2018, 09:43 AM

Need something to build on and see if he can be a legit starter or Draft a franchise QB.

Honestly need a long hard look at every player from top to bottom, Von too.

NightTerror218
10-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Kelly won't get a shot for several weeks. 2-3 is not out of the playoff race but that is not realistic but how Elway will see it.

BroncoWave
10-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Kelly won't get a shot for several weeks. 2-3 is not out of the playoff race but that is not realistic but how Elway will see it.

Exactly. My biggest fear this year is that we win a game here and there against bad teams and stay in the wildcard race since way longer than we should. The AFC wildcard field is trash this year so the longer we stay in it, the more I feel we're just going to keep plodding along with VJ and Keesum.

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Give this crap a rest Nomad...

tripp
10-08-2018, 11:02 AM
I really don't think it matters who you have at QB with this coaching staff. Musgrave is shit and I'm more eager to see him go then VJ at this point.

underrated29
10-08-2018, 11:06 AM
I really don't think it matters who you have at QB with this coaching staff. Musgrave is shit and I'm more eager to see him go then VJ at this point.

I'm the opposite. I want to see everyone go but him. Woods and vj need to be gone asap. Woods can be CB coach again, never dc.

broncofaninfla
10-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Starting Kelly could give this team and its fan base some optimism, could make the offense better. Still won't help the team overall because VJ, Woods and the defense still suck but starting Kelly would at least be something to look forward to watching. After this past Sunday I don't think i'll watch another game until they either bench Keenum or fire VJ and or Woods.

BroncoJoe
10-08-2018, 12:19 PM
I'll watch every game, just like our 4-12 season. I might not like it, but I'll watch every game.

Nomad
10-08-2018, 12:20 PM
I'll watch every game, just like our 4-12 season. I might not like it, but I'll watch every game.

Hoping to win, right?

BroncoJoe
10-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Hoping to win, right?

Always!

#Broncos
#alwayshavehope

BroncoWave
10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Hoping to win, right?

Nomad, it's ok for you to want wins now and others to want to tank now and set up for the future. The fan police act is wearing thin.

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Hoping to win, right?

You know man, quit being a dick about it. People have the right to have a different opinion than you. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but this crap's getting old really fast. Especially since you are just jumping from thread to thread with your non-sense... You keep on hoping for a win every week that's your right to remain optimistic, but quit antagonizing those who feel differently. You doing this is no better than me antagonizing you in the gameday thread vs baltimore for trying to stay positive. It wasn't right for me to do that then, just like this isn't cool now.

tripp
10-08-2018, 12:34 PM
I'm the opposite. I want to see everyone go but him. Woods and vj need to be gone asap. Woods can be CB coach again, never dc.

I haven't been impressed with Musgrave last year or this year. Preferably I'd like to see the whole coaching staff go and start over. There's definitely plenty of blame to go around for everyone. I'd like to see Kelly play week 16 or 17 when we're out of it.

Nomad
10-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Always!

#Broncos
#alwayshavehope

True dat!

BroncoJoe
10-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Nomad, it's ok for you to want wins now and others to want to tank now and set up for the future. The fan police act is wearing thin.

You know man, quit being a dick about it. People have the right to have a different opinion than you. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but this crap's getting old really fast. Especially since you are just jumping from thread to thread with your non-sense... You keep on hoping for a win every week that's your right to remain optimistic, but quit antagonizing those who feel differently. You doing this is no better than me antagonizing you in the gameday thread vs baltimore for trying to stay positive. It wasn't right for me to do that then, just like this isn't cool now.

You guys need to take a chill pill.

Good grief.

BroncoJoe
10-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Oh, and GO BRONCOS! :defense:

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 12:49 PM
You guys need to take a chill pill.

Good grief.

I think we're being pretty calm and polite in our response. Have you taken a look at nomads posting for the last 24 hours? Basically every single response is mocking the notion that the team needs to tank. It's wearing very thin.

People have the right to have their own opinions. Nomad has the right to be optimistic, we have the right to think this season's gone down the crapper without being mocked non-stop for it. Right now, we aren't going around mocking all of nomad's positivity, nor should we be. Likewise he can be as positive as he wants to be, but posting in every single thread mocking anyone who thinks we're better off tanking is getting really old.

We don't need to take a chill pill, we're both behaving very calmly here. Nomad's schtick isn't funny... It's time he gave it a rest already...

wayninja
10-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Opinions are like a box of chocolates. They all stink and you end up getting fat.

I think that's how that goes.

Northman
10-08-2018, 12:54 PM

Its not even about wanting to tank as it is expecting it.

Northman
10-08-2018, 12:55 PM
I think we're being pretty calm and polite in our response. Have you taken a look at nomads posting for the last 24 hours? Basically every single response is mocking the notion that the team needs to tank. It's wearing very thin.

People have the right to have their own opinions. Nomad has the right to be optimistic, we have the right to think this season's gone down the crapper without being mocked non-stop for it. Right now, we aren't going around mocking all of nomad's positivity, nor should we be. Likewise he can be as positive as he wants to be, but posting in every single thread mocking anyone who thinks we're better off tanking is getting really old.

We don't need to take a chill pill, we're both behaving very calmly here. Nomad's schtick isn't funny... It's time he gave it a rest already...

Maybe its just time for Davii to set up a safe space thread for the 2 people who want to only be positive about the team.

BroncoJoe
10-08-2018, 01:14 PM

Read through what you just wrote. It's frankly embarassing. You're free to do and say anything you want. As is Nomad and anyone else that disagrees with you.

Mocked. Seems like a popular word over the past couple days. Get over yourself. I fail to see how in any way the post he made made any semblance of mocking you or those that want the Broncos to tank.

Maybe its just time for Davii to set up a safe space thread for the 2 people who want to only be positive about the team.

More appropriate would to be a safe space for those that want the Broncos to lose every single game moving forward. I want them to win. I will never "hope" they lose. It's not rocket science.

BroncoWave
10-08-2018, 01:27 PM
I, personally, would rather win a super bowl than get a few meaningless wins in a lost season. If tanking one year sets us up to win super bowls in the future, then embrace the tank. Sure there is no guarantee that tanking would set us up for that kind of future, but it sure gives us a better chance.

tripp
10-08-2018, 01:34 PM
I, personally, would rather win a super bowl than get a few meaningless wins in a lost season. If tanking one year sets us up to win super bowls in the future, then embrace the tank. Sure there is no guarantee that tanking would set us up for that kind of future, but it sure gives us a better chance.

I'll take bad seasons in the upcoming years if we can get a promising QB like Mahomes. I'm a little skeptical that it's possible to draft a good QB with Elway though haha

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Lol, like the old "orange colored glasses" subform on the official boards.

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Read through what you just wrote. It's frankly embarassing. You're free to do and say anything you want. As is Nomad and anyone else that disagrees with you.

Mocked. Seems like a popular word over the past couple days. Get over yourself. I fail to see how in any way the post he made made any semblance of mocking you or those that want the Broncos to tank.

More appropriate would to be a safe space for those that want the Broncos to lose every single game moving forward. I want them to win. I will never "hope" they lose. It's not rocket science.

Joe, I suggest a chill pill. You are way too emotional over this difference in opinion. The majority of the boards are in pessimist mode right now and rightfully so. We suck right now and just got embarrassed by a very bad Jets team.... You and Nomad are far and away the minority here.

BroncoWave
10-08-2018, 01:37 PM
I'll take bad seasons in the upcoming years if we can get a promising QB like Mahomes. I'm a little skeptical that it's possible to draft a good QB with Elway though haha

That is the worrisome part to me as well. Although apparently the only two QBs he liked in this draft were Baker and Darnold, and those guys seem to be the two best in this class, so I still have hope that he'll be able to find that guy. It's definitely getting harder and harder to have that confidence though.

BroncoWave
10-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Lol, like the old "orange colored glasses" subform on the official boards.

They actually experimented with positive only game day threads on here if you can believe it. :lol:

But I think those wound up mostly being nomad and Carol making about 5 total posts and the threads died.

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 01:42 PM
They actually experimented with positive only game day threads on here if you can believe it. :lol:

But I think those wound up mostly being nomad and Carol making about 5 total posts and the threads died.

Lol.

Look, I admire fighting the good fight and putting a positive spin on things. I don't admire going after other posters and constantly making snarky comments like "Why do you want Kelly to start? He might win some games." There's a difference between wanting to win games (more power to you) and just being belligerent about the fact that others have resigned themselves to think that we'll be lucky to win 5 games this year.

slim
10-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Its not even about wanting to tank as it is expecting it.

Yeah, I don't want them to lose, but it seems unrealistic to expect more than 1 or 2 more wins this season.

slim
10-08-2018, 01:47 PM
I think if Kelly starts, the win potential is maybe 3 or 4 more wins.

#swag

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I don't want them to lose, but it seems unrealistic to expect more than 1 or 2 more wins this season.

I think that's where most of us are (especially if we don't fire VJ. This team is garbage on the road under him and most of our "winnable" games are road games)

BroncoJoe
10-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Joe, I suggest a chill pill. You are way too emotional over this difference in opinion. The majority of the boards are in pessimist mode right now and rightfully so. We suck right now and just got embarrassed by a very bad Jets team.... You and Nomad are far and away the minority here.

LOL. I'm the emotional one here? That absolutely laughable coming from you.

PM me your address so I can send you a box of Kleenex.

Freyaka
10-08-2018, 02:15 PM
LOL. I'm the emotional one here? That absolutely laughable coming from you.

PM me your address so I can send you a box of Kleenex.

I've shown no emotion Joe. I'm cool as a cucumber in here. In fact, I've been rather calm and collected for most of this season.

Northman
10-08-2018, 02:34 PM

Yep. On gameday those threads were quiet as can be and eventually those who wanted them found their way back to the regular gameday threads. Guess they just couldnt quit the drama they wanted. :lol:

CoachChaz
10-08-2018, 02:59 PM
I think if Kelly starts, the win potential is maybe 3 or 4 more wins.

#swag

The benefit to Kelly starting is seeing if Keenum is an 18 million dollar backup next year for Kelly or a rookie or simply an 18 million dollar cap hit.

slim
10-08-2018, 03:00 PM
The benefit to Kelly starting is seeing if Keenum is an 18 million dollar backup next year for Kelly or a rookie or simply an 18 million dollar cap hit.

I agree. We need to see what we have there.

Personally, I think he has the goods. But there is only one way to find out.

BroncoJoe
10-08-2018, 03:02 PM

Post more!

Good to see you coach.

BroncoWave
10-08-2018, 03:13 PM
I agree. We need to see what we have there.

Personally, I think he has the goods. But there is only one way to find out.

Even if he sucks, at least we are watching a young guy suck instead of a complete waste of 18 million dollars.

Shazam!
10-08-2018, 03:32 PM
If Chad gets the go Keenum is gone next year. They are not paying $18m for Keenum to sit.

atwater27
10-08-2018, 03:52 PM
My favorite part of the last 2 seasons is having the best OLB pass rushers on the planet, but not being able to use them because we never have a lead, our run D is suspect and the coaching sucks. It’s like having a Lamborghini in the garage without an engine.

Poet
10-08-2018, 04:45 PM
What do we have to lose at this point? We are trash with or without Kelly. This team has bigger problems than QB. I think VJ needs to be gone before anything else. Might as well blow this bitch up.

We should have just drafted Rosen and gone straight to stylin'.

Magnificent Seven
10-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Another QB controversy? Possible.

iLands
10-09-2018, 02:49 AM
**** Kelly time.

Let’s run Wildcat only with Freeman and Lindsay both in the backfield.

DenBronx
10-09-2018, 03:39 AM
We should have just drafted Rosen and gone straight to stylin'.

Darnold but I feel you

Freyaka
10-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Darnold but I feel you

Either is a massive step up from where we are.

Hawgdriver
10-09-2018, 10:21 AM
Darnold but I feel you

I'd rather have Darnold too, but he wasn't there at 5.

underrated29
10-09-2018, 11:48 AM
I said it throughout the draft that I like Chad Kelly more than Darnold. I liked Rosen and Baker more than Kelly though.

Freyaka
10-09-2018, 12:06 PM
I said it throughout the draft that I like Chad Kelly more than Darnold. I liked Rosen and Baker more than Kelly though.

I like a Tuna melt better than Case Keenum.

G_Money
10-09-2018, 12:29 PM

Same, but that doesn't mean Kelly can't surprise me. He's got the arm talent. Mostly I just want Chad to win a Super Bowl for the Broncos as Mr. Irrelevant and then say "This one's for Jim" who will hopefully still be around to see it. But somebody get that man an offensive coach. Whatever young QB we roll with needs their Sean Payton. John DeFillipo, leave your phone on if you please.

DenBronx
10-09-2018, 05:04 PM
I'd rather have Darnold too, but he wasn't there at 5.

I get that but we had the ammunition to leap frog the Jets

DenBronx
10-09-2018, 05:05 PM
However we had one of the best drafts in a long time so I can’t really complain. Alot of those guys wouldn’t be here had we traded up.

Poet
10-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Just hold me.

DenBronx
10-09-2018, 05:19 PM
We have to fire the HC first King. This team has alot of talent but isn’t disciplined. Bolles has committed penalties time and time again that we can’t trust him. He might need to be moved to another position...idk but our LT sucks. Then we have Roby being a no show. Chris Harris said yesterday that “we have to find out who wants to be here”. There are huge problems and I think it starts with coaching and discipline.

Hawgdriver
10-09-2018, 07:34 PM
I get that but we had the ammunition to leap frog the Jets

I didn't know that.

slim
10-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Kelly time is my favorite time

Simple Jaded
10-12-2018, 03:30 AM
Losing seasons are my favorite, so good.