PDA

View Full Version : DT was going to win us the game

Poet
10-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Thought some of his detractors should be reminded of an example where a bad Qb limits great WR play.

He also bailed us out on that really strange fourth down call.

This is my bright spot for the game.

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 11:05 PM
He played with honor and passion.

Poet
10-01-2018, 11:06 PM
He played with honor and passion.

He is the best of us.

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 11:07 PM
He is the best of us.

He came from nothing and has carried himself with dignity and couth.

Poet
10-01-2018, 11:08 PM
He came from nothing and has carried himself with dignity and couth.

His integrity is a paramount function of his scruples.

wayninja
10-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Theoretically, and on paper, he had a really good night. In the reality that I live in, his performance was modest.

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Theoretically, and on paper, he had a really good night. In the reality that I live in, his performance was modest.

Poet
10-01-2018, 11:11 PM

Nothing like pairing a big play WR with a noodle armed 'gritty guy'.

wayninja
10-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Ok, now start a "DT would have dropped it anyway" thread.

Poet
10-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Ok, now start a "DT would have dropped it anyway" thread.

No. That's for those who are beneath me.

wayninja
10-01-2018, 11:15 PM
No. That's for those who are beneath me.

Are you over arrest?

Poet
10-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Are you over arrest?

Doth thou not style?

Valar Morghulis
10-02-2018, 05:56 AM
He did ball out on the fourth down.

I do appreciate the few moments that he lives up to his status

UnderArmour
10-02-2018, 07:09 AM
He balled out the entire game, but our protection against the KC pass rush was terrible. Bolles, Lindsay, and Freeman have to get better in pass protection.

Shazam!
10-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Honestly with the game on the line Case shouldnt have went to him.

Dapper Dan
10-02-2018, 07:35 AM

Yeah. Never throw to the wide open guy running into the end zone.

Poet
10-02-2018, 07:49 AM

That throw was so bad Keenum almost didn’t.

Shazam!
10-02-2018, 07:49 AM

No i get that but Sutton or Sanders would have been better if they were in that situation.

Poet
10-02-2018, 07:50 AM
No i get that but Sutton or Sanders would have been better if they were in that situation.

But they weren’t because neither got separation like that. You’re harder on DT than Keenum. Stop that. DT won us a game by bailing out CK. You are a rude dude.

Shazam!
10-02-2018, 07:58 AM

But they weren’t because neither got separation like that. You’re harder on DT than Keenum. Stop that. DT won us a game by bailing out CK. You are a rude dude.

Case was a huge reason for the loss. Im so done with him. He had to complete that throw. He had to get a 1st Down and not go 3 and out.

Its also on the Coaches too. Went all soft on D late in the 4th and abandoned the running game when it should have been relentless.

Honestly i havent been so badly stung over a loss like this in a long time.

Tned
10-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Thought some of his detractors should be reminded of an example where a bad Qb limits great WR play.

He also bailed us out on that really strange fourth down call.

This is my bright spot for the game.

Just to be clear, his "detractors" which apparently includes either Whitten or Booger who said he leads the league in drops since he joined the league, is just that, his drops. When balls hit him squarely in the hands and he drops it, it isn't on the QB.

Keenum should have hit him when he was wide open and could have walked in for a game winning TD, but that doesn't make up for all his drops over the years, many of which cost the team wins.

I like DT, and he's a physical specimen, but his drops and inability to fight for jump balls keep him from being elite.

Freyaka
10-02-2018, 08:10 AM

He didn't, he went to the air 15 feet over DT's head.

Dapper Dan
10-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Just to be clear, his "detractors" which apparently includes either Whitten or Booger who said he leads the league in drops since he joined the league, is just that, his drops. When balls hit him squarely in the hands and he drops it, it isn't on the QB.

Keenum should have hit him when he was wide open and could have walked in for a game winning TD, but that doesn't make up for all his drops over the years, many of which cost the team wins.

I like DT, and he's a physical specimen, but his drops and inability to fight for jump balls keep him from being elite.

Good point. I wasn’t sure who the announcers were but they sucked. Boring. Hard to listen to.

slim
10-02-2018, 09:26 AM
Tebow would have made that throw.

Tned
10-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Good point. I wasn’t sure who the announcers were but they sucked. Boring. Hard to listen to.

Whitten (not impressed) and Booger McFarlan (or something like that), not impressed. I miss Chucky in the booth.

Krugan
10-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Mahomes missed some open passes too.

They all do, pretty sure humans arent perfect, and the tolerance levels from society are just shit lately.

Hawgdriver
10-02-2018, 09:45 AM

I enjoyed the Booger.

Hawgdriver
10-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Keenum's miss was a huge bummer. He doesn't seem completely right.

Poet
10-02-2018, 12:17 PM
He didn't, he went to the air 15 feet over DT's head.

I laughed.

Poet
10-02-2018, 12:18 PM
The plus side is that we should beat the Jets. That's something.

Northman
10-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Keenum's miss was a huge bummer. He doesn't seem completely right.

Just needs time to gel, maybe one day he can gel like Mahomie.

Northman
10-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Dont count on it. Lmao

wayninja
10-02-2018, 12:27 PM
We get to watch another up-and-coming talent duel with our overpaid, overrated "journeyman." Should be fun, if you like cleaning bathrooms with your tongue sort of fun.

Freyaka
10-02-2018, 12:35 PM

My money is on we won't and we'll get embarrassed. That's the way these things have worked under Joseph.

Freyaka
10-02-2018, 12:35 PM
you know the sad thing? I think if we had Trevor last night, Trevor would have made the throw to DT...

MOtorboat
10-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Case Keenum misses a wide open DT and somehow Broncos fans end up bagging on Thomas anyway.

Go figure.

Poet
10-02-2018, 12:57 PM
He is the most hated and for no good reason. Many good to great WR's have a lot of drops due to volume. There's this weird mental lapse where we expect DT to put up god tier numbers while he's been lacking a QB who can enable that for many years. All the while it seems like a lot of those fans at DT aren't equally mad at those shitty QB's.

Puzzling.

Poet
10-02-2018, 12:58 PM
Dont count on it. Lmao

I guarantee a victory over the Jets!

wayninja
10-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Case Keenum misses a wide open DT and somehow Broncos fans end up bagging on Thomas anyway.

Go figure.

Well, sure. It's obvious he wasn't running that route correctly or at 100%. Also, it's obvious from the ball placement that he would have dropped it 73.8 times out of 100.

Poet
10-02-2018, 09:42 PM

We can think of many great WR's who have had issues with drops. DT hasn't cost the team wins - in almost every game that a drop stands out there's a bigger play or deficiency on a 'side of the ball' that was more impacting.

Poet
10-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Mahomes missed some open passes too.

They all do, pretty sure humans arent perfect, and the tolerance levels from society are just shit lately.

Mahomes also made a bunch of insane plays and carried his team.

This is an example of false equivalency.

Elevation inc
10-04-2018, 12:44 PM
We can think of many great WR's who have had issues with drops. DT hasn't cost the team wins - in almost every game that a drop stands out there's a bigger play or deficiency on a 'side of the ball' that was more impacting.

or a converted first down in the 4th quarter or a game winning TD. I was pissed at the announcers saying he leads the league in drops, because that's not the full story. He has 3 drops and so do Allison, Thielen, Tate, Nojoku, Crabtree, Ertz, and Treadwell, then there are like players 20 plus players with 2 to include guys like randall cobb, davante adams, aj green, and Jarvis landry, some who make more then DT. This DT crap has to stop....I know its not you either King....

Poet
10-04-2018, 12:45 PM
DT all day!

slim
10-04-2018, 12:49 PM
or a converted first down in the 4th quarter or a game winning TD. I was pissed at the announcers saying he leads the league in drops, because that's not the full story. He has 3 drops and so do Allison, Thielen, Tate, Nojoku, Crabtree, Ertz, and Treadwell, then there are like players with 2 to include guys like randall cobb, davante adams, aj green, and Jarvis landry. This DT crap has to stop....I know its not you either King....

3 drops?

Valar Morghulis
10-04-2018, 12:56 PM
He leads the leagues in drops since coming into the league was what they said

Poet
10-04-2018, 01:00 PM

That is what I recall, but they also left out a lot of the context. It is what it is, baby.

Elevation inc
10-04-2018, 01:05 PM
3 drops?

Yes 3, and his current catch rate through 4 games right now is 61%, that's tied with AJ green, and stefon digs, but better than Antonio brown, Jarvis landry, ty Hilton, crabtree, Benjamin, garcon, Hogan to name a few.....
using 2017 his catch rate for the season was 59%, 2 guys worse then him....Deandre Hopkins and Julio jones.....DT is not and has not been the problem on this team in any of the 8 years here....

Northman
10-04-2018, 01:06 PM
https://www.denverpost.com/2015/12/17/demaryius-thomas-and-drops-three-ex-broncos-share-their-perspectives/

Northman
10-04-2018, 01:08 PM
A lot of great receivers have drops but it all depends on when the drops happen and i think that is why it stands out more with DT more than others.

Poet
10-04-2018, 01:13 PM
A lot of great receivers have drops but it all depends on when the drops happen and i think that is why it stands out more with DT more than others.

I watched A.J. Green (in the dark days of Bengaldom before I was delivered) drop many passes in the playoffs, and even fumble several times. This counts win and get in games and 'you're in but you're playing for seeding games', too. I think if we scrutinize players as hard as we do DT a lot of perceived luster wears off. Familiarity breeds contempt, I'm afraid.

slim
10-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Yes 3, and his current catch rate through 4 games right now is 61%, that's tied with AJ green, and stefon digs, but better than Antonio brown, Jarvis landry, ty Hilton, crabtree, Benjamin, garcon, Hogan to name a few.....
using 2017 his catch rate for the season was 59%, 2 guys worse then him....Deandre Hopkins and Julio jones.....DT is not and has not been the problem on this team in any of the 8 years here....

I love DT, but you have to be kidding me.

He had 3 drops in the first game alone. He has at least 8 or 9 on the season.

Elevation inc
10-04-2018, 01:16 PM

and 5 minutes of actual research shows they are dumb....Brandon Marshall 76 drops since 2010, DT 60 drops since 2010. That took only a couple mins.

Poet
10-04-2018, 01:22 PM

What's scored as a drop isn't the failure to make a good catch - there are many times where fans claim that DT dropped a ball whereas the more accurate claim would be "he dropped a bad pass..and by dropped we mean that he got his hands on the ball that was thrown poorly to him."

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

If you apply the fan standard to other players across the league, ones that we see less as we're Denver fans, it'd be the same result.

So yes, DT is tied with many for first in the league with three drops - and he's one ahead of A.J. Green.

Or, in other words, the fans are mostly ******* wrong on the issue and what they believe constitutes a drop is rubbish.

Valar Morghulis
10-04-2018, 01:23 PM
and 5 minutes of actual research shows they are dumb....Brandon Marshall 76 drops since 2010, DT 60 drops since 2010. That took only a couple mins.

Tell the commentators. I was just clarifying what they said.

Elevation inc
10-04-2018, 01:25 PM
also for example in 2016 Odell beckham had 6 drops, DT 7, for me catch rate is what matters most based off your targets. DT has been a blessing in Denver. Is father time coming, yeah but he hasn't hadn't good QB play since 2014 either

Poet
10-04-2018, 01:25 PM
I wish we didn't waste our good WRs with the bullshit QBs that we flock towards.

Elevation inc
10-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Tell the commentators. I was just clarifying what they said.

I got you on the clarification I was just pointing out there incompetence it was just as bad as the rockies quip by espn about the playoffs lol

Elevation inc
10-04-2018, 01:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken he had 2 clear drops in game 1 and 1 in game 2. don't think he had any in Baltimore or against KC. Just cause you get your finger tips on a poorly placed ball or pass doesn't actually get graded out as a drop by sites like PFF and football outsiders. They work on trying eliminate outside factors like poor QB play and focus on when the WR actually failed.

Shazam!
10-04-2018, 01:33 PM
I wish we didn't waste our good WRs with the bullshit QBs that we flock towards.

Yeah its not like he played with Peyton ****ing Manning when he was here right

Shazam!
10-04-2018, 01:35 PM
DT is a legendary Bronco and hr has provided us many big plays and big games. Instrumental in helping bring Denver not one but two AFCCs and a SB. But if we believe hes going to play like he did 5 years ago you're only fooling yourself. He is not that same player anymore.

Freyaka
10-04-2018, 01:40 PM

He's also got a lot more targets than a good portion of the league and catches a higher percentage of those targets than his peers. Like King said, it's missing a good deal of surrounding context.

Elevation inc
10-04-2018, 01:45 PM
DT is a legendary Bronco and hr has provided us many big plays and big games. Instrumental in helping bring Denver not one but two AFCCs and a SB. But if we believe hes going to play like he did 5 years ago you're only fooling yourself. He is not that same player anymore.

I wont disagree with this, he has like 800 plus catches over 8 years and dealt with many injuries, fought through many of them. It would certainly be erroneous to think he is looking at a elite type season. He still has a shot at 1000 yds and 5 or 6 TD's though, provide keenum figures out how to hit him in stride in the redzone lol

Northman
10-04-2018, 01:50 PM
I watched A.J. Green (in the dark days of Bengaldom before I was delivered) drop many passes in the playoffs, and even fumble several times. This counts win and get in games and 'you're in but you're playing for seeding games', too. I think if we scrutinize players as hard as we do DT a lot of perceived luster wears off. Familiarity breeds contempt, I'm afraid.

See i find that interesting because you routinely butchered AJ Green yet you dont hold DT to the same standards in the same scenario. Hard for me to take you seriously when you trash the shit out of Green but not DT who is just as egregious with drops.

Poet
10-04-2018, 06:30 PM
See i find that interesting because you routinely butchered AJ Green yet you dont hold DT to the same standards in the same scenario. Hard for me to take you seriously when you trash the shit out of Green but not DT who is just as egregious with drops.

I loved Green but he drove me crazy. The difference between the two was that DT came up big in the playoffs. I watched him go off against the Steelers and was jealous. I watched Green drop two TD passes against the Texans when Dalton, for all his flaws, was taking a beating and did some nice work just to get the throw off. I watched DT in against Seattle and thought he was just a man amongst boys. It took Green five or six tries to score one postseason TD.

Green was arguably the better WR, albeit Dalton is a solid regular season QB and DT had either feast (Manning) or famine (the rest of the scrubs he's had QBing him the ball). But DT just did more when asked to be great.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2018, 06:51 PM
What's scored as a drop isn't the failure to make a good catch - there are many times where fans claim that DT dropped a ball whereas the more accurate claim would be "he dropped a bad pass..and by dropped we mean that he got his hands on the ball that was thrown poorly to him."

If you apply the fan standard to other players across the league, ones that we see less as we're Denver fans, it'd be the same result.

So yes, DT is tied with many for first in the league with three drops - and he's one ahead of A.J. Green.

Or, in other words, the fans are mostly ******* wrong on the issue and what they believe constitutes a drop is rubbish.

Exactly

Poet
10-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Exactly

I love DT and I won't capitulate to the haters! It's also nice to focus on a good player as opposed to some of the poops.

Cugel
10-05-2018, 12:31 AM
Tebow would have made that throw.

Hard to make a throw when he's sitting in a broadcast studio and out of football for years now -- all because he sucked so bad no NFL team wanted him. :coffee:

wayninja
10-05-2018, 01:06 AM
Hard to make a throw when he's sitting in a broadcast studio and out of football for years now -- all because he sucked so bad no NFL team wanted him. :coffee:

Oh, yay, look it's the "he's not playing, so therefore he sucks" argument again.

But we got Siemilyncheenumweiler though, so we all good. Those guys are good enough to make NFL rosters.

Valar Morghulis
10-05-2018, 01:13 AM
Oh, yay, look it's the "he's not playing, so therefore he sucks" argument again.

But we got Siemilyncheenumweiler though, so we all good. Those guys are good enough to make NFL rosters.

He would be a great player

The intellect of siemian
The pirate qualities of lynch
The arm of oz
The moxie of keenum

maybe we should consider a Joseph mengel style set of experiments. Let's be honest no one would miss either of those four, it's a risk free boom or bust play.

A true hybrid qb

wayninja
10-05-2018, 01:16 AM
Hmm... we can probably leave out lynch entirely. Dr. Elway's Monster lives!!!!

slim
10-05-2018, 08:24 AM

Thanks, Professor!

Poet
10-05-2018, 08:52 AM
Thanks, Professor!
Please wear pants, Mr. Slim.

EastCoastBronco
10-05-2018, 12:05 PM
I thought DT had a solid game Monday.
He's going to really "go off" against the Jets.
My Spidey sense is tingling and telling me so...

Jsteve01
10-05-2018, 12:38 PM
I love DT. I learned all i needed to know about him in superbowl 48. While the rest of the team was folding he was getting destroyed by the legion but still managed 18 freaking catches. Tell me again how he doesnt show up for big games

wayninja
10-05-2018, 12:41 PM
DT is a lot like me. Ultimately having foibles, but you can't deny the contribution to big games/threads. Both freakishly gifted, but infuriating in consistency.

underrated29
10-05-2018, 01:14 PM
DT is a lot like me. Ultimately having foibles, but you can't deny the contribution to big games/threads. Both freakishly gifted, but infuriating in consistency.

You do have a way, ninja.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Ok Ninja, I concede.

BroncoTech
10-06-2018, 12:49 PM
OMG watching replays of the Longhorn's QB slightly under throwing the same route for the expected 6 points.

Simple Jaded
10-07-2018, 01:18 AM

And both have an irrational affection for Tebow.

BeefStew25
10-07-2018, 06:24 PM
King do some work in here.

Poet
10-07-2018, 06:41 PM
DT's career took a big hit when Romo retired and we had to run with TS.

Today both he and ES got to pad some stats today.

Northman
10-07-2018, 06:44 PM
He needs those stats to stay up because he is great trade bait for next year.