PDA

View Full Version : Butt's knee

wayninja
09-27-2018, 04:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000967131/article/broncos-te-jake-butt-feared-to-have-torn-acl-again

(http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000967131/article/broncos-te-jake-butt-feared-to-have-torn-acl-again)

Good Grief.

Butt suffered a non-contact knee injury during Thursday's walkthrough practice session and the Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) fear the tight end has a torn ACL, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and James Palmer reported.

GEM
09-27-2018, 04:53 PM
3 acl's...yikes!~

Buff
09-27-2018, 04:56 PM
We already had zero depth here, so this sucks quite a bit.

Why did we cut AJ Derby last year? He was the most productive TE we've had since JT.

wayninja
09-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Easy. He's not a fullback or an ILB.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 05:02 PM
We already had zero depth here, so this sucks quite a bit.

Why did we cut AJ Derby last year? He was the most productive TE we've had since JT.

I think he was a dbag.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 05:12 PM
It’s updated to: Out for the year wirh a torn ACL

wayninja
09-27-2018, 05:13 PM
Good ******* grief.

Butt's a bust.

Krugan
09-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Good ******* grief.

Butt's a bust.

he is busted, actually he has produced considering how crappy the o is

wayninja
09-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Talent/production is irrelevant if you can't stay on the field.

Spiritguy
09-27-2018, 05:34 PM
How in the world do you tear an acl during a walk through? Sad for the kid. There was some interesting potential based on what he showed so far this year.

Nomad
09-27-2018, 05:41 PM
Good ******* grief.

Butt's a bust.

His knee is a bust. He’s a pretty good TE.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-27-2018, 05:45 PM
Mike Klis
@MikeKlis
·
28m
Jake Butt was going through walkthrough-speed coverage on kickoff assignment when he suffered injury, according to a source close to Butt. Similar to how TE Jeff Heuerman tore his ACL during his rookie minicamp in 2015. #9sports

Mike Klis
@MikeKlis
·
31m
Many players have come back from three ACL surgeries, including Carolina Panther All Pro Thomas Davis who had 3 ACL tears in one knee. Don't count out Jake Butt, yet. He is gung-ho about football with high character. #9sports

ShaneFalco
09-27-2018, 05:50 PM
KICKOFF ASSIGNMENT?

You use him on kickoffs?

what the ****.

goddamit thats terrible

ShaneFalco
09-27-2018, 05:53 PM
now who the **** are the broncos tight ends?

IR MAN?

wayninja
09-27-2018, 05:59 PM
now who the **** are the broncos tight ends?

IR MAN?

Jeff Heuerman. Who has actually looked pretty good. But that's it. That's the end of the depth chart as far as I know.

Shazam!
09-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Another wasted pick.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
1h1 hour ago

Matt LaCosse is expected to fill Jake Butt's role as the "receiving" tight end alongside starter Jeff Heuerman. The Broncos also have Brian Parker on their practice squad. A Parker promotion would be logical. #9sports

ShaneFalco
09-27-2018, 07:17 PM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TAiMq6Kr0PU/WnycPvu5HdI/AAAAAAAAAcc/EpXL4El8j_soF23Ex0WnygLJ3EQJBDHOwCLcBGAs/s1600/46.gif

nevcraw
09-27-2018, 07:35 PM
Mike Klis
@MikeKlis
·
28m
Jake Butt was going through walkthrough-speed coverage on kickoff assignment when he suffered injury, according to a source close to Butt. Similar to how TE Jeff Heuerman tore his ACL during his rookie minicamp in 2015. #9sports

Mike Klis
@MikeKlis
·
31m
Many players have come back from three ACL surgeries, including Carolina Panther All Pro Thomas Davis who had 3 ACL tears in one knee. Don't count out Jake Butt, yet. He is gung-ho about football with high character. #9sports

Many ? I doubt It

nevcraw
09-27-2018, 07:38 PM
Another wasted pick.

Maybe but is was great pick at the time. Many, many players have gotten over 1-2 college acl’s. It was a fluke.

Shazam!
09-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Another wasted pick.

Maybe but is was great pick at the time. Many, many players have gotten over 1-2 college acl’s. It was a fluke.

Just the point. Yet another pick not to work out. Butt 2019? Huh.

Hawgdriver
09-27-2018, 08:26 PM
I was hoping for a lot of Butt in 2018.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-27-2018, 09:19 PM
ENGLEWOOD – They don't make 'em like Jake Butt.

Here, the Broncos' tight end had just suffered his third anterior cruciate ligament tear in 4 1/2 years around noon Thursday at his team's UCHealth Training Center headquarters and what were his sentiments by early evening?

"I feel lucky,'' he said in a phone interview with 9News. "I have so many wonderful people around me for support. I’ve had so many people reach out to me and tell me they’re praying for me and thinking of me. I’m so blessed.”

Butt tore the ACL to his left knee during a non-contact special teams practice Thursday, an injury that will finish his season after just three games. Although it happened prior to the official start of practice that is open to the media, Butt wanted it clear the injury did not occur during a walkthrough portion of practice as was widely reported, including by 9News.

"I'm not that soft,'' he said. "I don't want people thinking I was walking around and stepped on a pebble or something.''

The injury occurred as Butt decelerated while covering a kickoff in practice.

"I made a cut and I knew it right away,'' he said.

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-tight-end-jake-butt-i-made-a-cut-and-knew-it-right-away-but-im-lucky/73-598894838

Hawgdriver
09-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Bummed. Good dude.

Poet
09-27-2018, 10:31 PM
He is the Derrick Rose of the NFL.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 10:32 PM
He is the Derrick Rose of the NFL.

Butt was never a former MVP.

Poet
09-27-2018, 10:33 PM
Butt was never a former MVP.

He's a Bronco so I was trying to be kind.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 10:34 PM
He's a Bronco so I was trying to be kind.

I expect a better NBA take than that from you.

Ground Control
09-27-2018, 10:34 PM
I was really hopeful. He looked the part and even though his knee was always a lingering doubt, Miller tore his ACL and is still the man. That's what I told myself, at least. A 3rd ACL in 4 years though? We must move on. If a miracle happens, then great. If not, it's down to Heuerman, who has looked good butt (heh) he has his own injury issues. Le Blanc is a good receiver with little blocking credentials (I worked hard not to say butt). The reason I'm not crestfallen is our coaches have shown little ability to properly use tight ends in the last two years, so the loss of Butt isn't a killer. Maybe they had a long term plan but this freak accident is proof that you need to use the hell out of talent, rather than shelter it out of fear it gets hurt. Butt would have had it no other way, I'm sure.

Anyway, I believe 2 of the first 4 picks of 2019 should be DBs but can we please use a high pick on a dominant and versatile tight end that has no history of injury? Should we call this philosophy the 'Butt Agenda'?

MOtorboat
09-27-2018, 11:36 PM

Shawn Livingston?

Poet
09-27-2018, 11:37 PM

All that potential and almost nothing but talent and dashed dreams...Greg Oden.

sneakers
09-28-2018, 05:43 AM
lol butt knee :lol:

tomjonesrocks
09-28-2018, 09:57 AM
Available for 3 games in 2 seasons. Not ideal...

Nomad
09-28-2018, 10:01 AM
5th round pick, and the Broncos knew his liability with his knee, but they took the chance. It's not looking so good. You guys act like he was a 1st or 2nd round pick. LoL.

wayninja
09-28-2018, 10:02 AM
5th round pick, and the Broncos knew his liability with his knee. You guys act like he was a 1st or 2nd round pick. LoL.

We need a good TE. Jake is pretty good, assuming he's not playing from a stretcher.

Nomad
09-28-2018, 10:09 AM
We need a good TE. Jake is pretty good, assuming he's not playing from a stretcher.

Perhaps draft a healthier one in earlier rounds. Don't know what to say.

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:17 AM
The gamble failed - Elway liked the medical report and figured that he could parlay a high but injured talent later on while getting other players.

It worked for the Patriots when they drafted Gronk.

It blew up in our face.

Not a bad strategy, but we were really counting on it. Rough.

Northman
09-28-2018, 10:20 AM
Like other positions Elway seems to take on these guys who are high risk and projects. Its why we struggle with depth and have a hard time finding worthy players such as a TE on this team who can be a serious contributor. Just dump these mother******s and quit ******* around already. Its so goddamn annoying.

Nomad
09-28-2018, 10:20 AM
The gamble failed - Elway liked the medical report and figured that he could parlay a high but injured talent later on while getting other players.

It blew up in our face.

You should learn to take the wait & see approach rather than putting all your emotions into it. It's tough, but not the end of the world. Most of you have the Broncos tanking anyway. Start paying attention to the TEs on Saturday for your high second rd pick.

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:42 AM
You should learn to take the wait & see approach rather than putting all your emotions into it. It's tough, but not the end of the world. Most of you have the Broncos tanking anyway. Start paying attention to the TEs on Saturday for your high second rd pick.

Have you ever considered that every time you tell me to do this I end up being right? Have you ever considered that sometimes the wait and see approach has in fact been done and we're seeing while you think we should be waiting?

Denver struggles to get TE production because it struggles to develop and even draft good TE talent. We finally drafted what was regarded as a great talent, but a flawed one because of injuries. We lost out on the gamble, which is what my point is. That gamble impacts us more than just this season, Nomad.

With as many holes on this team we probably can't take a TE early, which has been another issue at getting a TE.

You should have more faith in me, Nomad. :D

slim
09-28-2018, 10:47 AM

It blew up in our face.

Gronk was a high 2nd round pick :noidea:

Nomad
09-28-2018, 10:49 AM
Have you ever considered that every time you tell me to do this I end up being right? Have you ever considered that sometimes the wait and see approach has in fact been done and we're seeing while you think we should be waiting?

Denver struggles to get TE production because it struggles to develop and even draft good TE talent. We finally drafted what was regarded as a great talent, but a flawed one because of injuries. We lost out on the gamble, which is what my point is. That gamble impacts us more than just this season, Nomad.

With as many holes on this team we probably can't take a TE early, which has been another issue at getting a TE.

You should have more faith in me, Nomad. :D

I'm glad I'm not your blood pressure. I'd be worn out by now. :D

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:49 AM
Gronk was a high 2nd round pick :noidea:

He was supposed to be a mid round first rounder until his medical came out. It was also rumored had the Patriots not taken him he would have slide to the middle of the second round.

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:50 AM
I'm glad I'm not your blood pressure. I'd be worn out by now. :D

I'm usually calm. This isn't the stuff that gets me worked up too much.

slim
09-28-2018, 10:50 AM
He was supposed to be a mid round first rounder until his medical came out. It was also rumored had the Patriots not taken him he would have slide to the middle of the second round.

It's a bad comparison and you are a bad person for making it.

Nomad
09-28-2018, 10:52 AM

LoL!

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:53 AM

It's a general comparison of taking a talented but ailing player who has a great amount of talent. Both guys played TE, both were considered the best TE, or close to it, in their class were it not for the injury.

It's an apt comparison and I won't capitulate to you. I am a bad person. I'm a shitty person.

But not for that comparison.

You are a ruuuuuuuuuuude dude.

Poet
LoL!

He is so damn charming, though.

Nomad
Keep calm, OwlKingRed

Nomad
09-28-2018, 10:56 AM
Would you rather OwlKing, or King Red?

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:56 AM
Keep calm, OwlKingRed

Rude duuuuuuuuuuuude.

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:57 AM
Would you rather OwlKing, or King Red?

Owl King. Owls over everything.

Nomad
Rude duuuuuuuuuuuude.

What? You've adopted the Owl and Huskers.

Poet
What? You've adopted the Owl and Huskers.

No, I'm just saying in general you are a ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude dude. :D

Jsteve01
09-28-2018, 11:03 AM
Wtf happened with Traylor? He looked likebour best tight end last year and by all accounts continued it through camp and then we cut him. What about the other Injured Big 10 kid we drafted this year? Mo you like him right? Was his ir gig season ending?

MOtorboat
09-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Wtf happened with Traylor? He looked likebour best tight end last year and by all accounts continued it through camp and then we cut him. What about the other Injured Big 10 kid we drafted this year? Mo you like him right? Was his ir gig season ending?

Fumagali. But I don’t know the answer to the last question, sorry.

Jsteve01
09-28-2018, 11:17 AM

Fumagali. But I don’t know the answer to the last question, sorry.

Looks like full season. Well our track record with tall injury prone tight ends from th big 10 is pretty horrid. We keep signing these tall broken down guys hoping to get the next Gronk. IRman and Lacosse are both 6'6" lol. Parker actually intrigues me. He is thick and a plus athlete. Was 265 at his pro day and still ran 4.7s and had a 38" vert. Very productive at albany lol

Ground Control
09-28-2018, 09:07 PM

8 weeks, I believe. IR is supposedly for the entire season but the rules have changed. Don't quote me. He shouldn't let other men abuse his groin but it's not a season ending molestation, hopefully.

atwater27
09-29-2018, 09:43 AM
3 acl's...yikes!~

He’s gonna run out of them soon.

Jsteve01
09-29-2018, 09:58 AM
3 acl's...yikes!~

He’s gonna run out of them soon.

John didnt need one to be the goat

sneakers
10-01-2018, 11:18 PM

wayninja
10-01-2018, 11:23 PM

Well, then high five it man. A lot of work goes into my thread titles.