PDA

View Full Version : Broncos in possible trade for Peterson?

Northman
09-25-2018, 02:27 PM
Personally i would love to have Peterson on this team. I havent heard anything on this but saw it and figured i would post it in case anyone else has heard anything about this circulating.

https://scontent.fphl2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42568191_10155951299373412_293772992792494080_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&oh=360efa000ffa7cb9c066e69be19cb27a&oe=5C1E5049

BroncoWave
09-25-2018, 02:31 PM
That looks about as credible as if one of us posted it.

Northman
09-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Yea, but im desperate at this point. Lol

broncofaninfla
09-25-2018, 03:22 PM
I've been following it on Twitter all day hoping for something credible to confirm this story but right now haven't found anything. I'll add I am hoping it's true but I'm also hoping we don't trade a first round pick for him and instead send a impact player with a sexy conditional pick to go with him. Denver would need to open some cap space to make this happen and trading DT would do just that. So would some creative restructuring and possibly trading another high cost vet.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2018, 03:24 PM
“Rumors are......(meaning I’m starting the rumor)

ShaneFalco
09-25-2018, 04:18 PM
hopefully they trade keesum for him

Davii
09-25-2018, 04:27 PM

Arizona is smarter than that

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2018, 04:38 PM
He just signed a contract this last offseason. Not.gonna.happen.

Freyaka
09-25-2018, 04:40 PM

The talk has been gaining some traction. A few of the local radio personalities have been throwing it around, as well as talk on twitter. At this point it is nothing more than speculation, but typically, when this speculation starts, there's something in the background going on to start it.

I don't know that we're going after Peterson, but I would be shocked if we weren't trying to make a move somewhere to shore up our secondary.

Poet
09-25-2018, 04:51 PM
I've long believed that we've been staving off a rebuild and that it's actually weakened us long term. To get Peterson we would be trading picks just to add a great player, but not one great enough to swing the tides, so to speak.

It would be a mistake.

If we aren't close by the end of the year, we really do need to blow up the team.

Davii
09-25-2018, 04:55 PM
I've long believed that we've been staving off a rebuild and that it's actually weakened us long term. To get Peterson we would be trading picks just to add a great player, but not one great enough to swing the tides, so to speak.

It would be a mistake.

If we aren't close by the end of the year, we really do need to blow up the team.

Define "blow up the team". We have A LOT of youth starting right now. How many of our game day players wear SB50 rings?

Poet
09-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Define "blow up the team". We have A LOT of youth starting right now. How many of our game day players wear SB50 rings?

You won't like this, friend.

Davii
09-25-2018, 04:57 PM
You won't like this, friend.

What I like doesn't matter.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2018, 04:59 PM
King is about to release his inner Joel.

Poet
09-25-2018, 05:00 PM
What I like doesn't matter.

Sure it does, it's just a discussion - we've no power here (being at Dove Valley).

Move on From ES, DT, Von Miller, Wolfe, etc. Obviously the contract specifics will dictate which moves are actually made, but that's the gist of it. You might keep DT or ES as a security blanket for the first round QB we should be drafting, and we should obviously cut CK.

Poet
09-25-2018, 05:01 PM
King is about to release his inner Joel.

If you ever call me Joel again, and we meet, we will throw hands. Don't you ever disrespect me like that. That line you crossed is foul, and you showed the true evilness in your spirit. You're not a man, you're a monster. You're not a dude, you're the devil. Did you shoot any orphans and drown any puppies on your way to work today...you know...deep in the bowels of Hell?

I rebuke you, Devil!

Davii
09-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Sure it does, it's just a discussion - we've no power here (being at Dove Valley).

Move on From ES, DT, Von Miller, Wolfe, etc. Obviously the contract specifics will dictate which moves are actually made, but that's the gist of it. You might keep DT or ES as a security blanket for the first round QB we should be drafting, and we should obviously cut CK.

You're right, I don't like it.

ES, DT - ok.

Von - no
Wolfe - you're not replacing him cheaper.

I'm fine with cutting guys if we can replace what they bring for less money. Otherwise you're gutting just to say you did.

Poet
09-25-2018, 05:06 PM
You're right, I don't like it.

ES, DT - ok.

Von - no
Wolfe - you're not replacing him cheaper.

I'm fine with cutting guys if we can replace what they bring for less money. Otherwise you're gutting just to say you did.

You gut to clear the way for the new crop of guys. Wolfe has injury issues and isn't nearly as productive as we would like to think. By the team the time is built and ready to contend, two or three years later, Wolfe's steadily declining. You have to replace him anyway. Elway's been too scared to do a hard reboot. I thought it was shaky and we went 9-7 on the last moments of greatness the defense had, and a couple of lucky wins to boot.

Here...man we didn't get the QBoTF last draft and we'll probably have too many wins this year. We've been kicking the can down the road on pipedreams.

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 05:44 PM

Keenum to SF for Sherman or Washington and a 3rd.

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 05:47 PM
You gut to clear the way for the new crop of guys. Wolfe has injury issues and isn't nearly as productive as we would like to think. By the team the time is built and ready to contend, two or three years later, Wolfe's steadily declining. You have to replace him anyway. Elway's been too scared to do a hard reboot. I thought it was shaky and we went 9-7 on the last moments of greatness the defense had, and a couple of lucky wins to boot.

Here...man we didn't get the QBoTF last draft and we'll probably have too many wins this year. We've been kicking the can down the road on pipedreams.

Elway in a total rebuild with his records of 1st rders is a scary thought. Even Bolles on that list at this point because he hasnt made an impact.

This team is in trouble and paying dearly for the Manning era, as i knew they would.

It isnt only QB.

Poet
09-25-2018, 05:51 PM
Elway in a total rebuild with his records of 1st rders is a scary thought. Even Bolles on that list at this point because he hasnt made an impact.

This team is in trouble and paying dearly for the Manning era, as i knew they would.

It isnt only QB.

Elway is pretty good at drafting. I understand that there's the whole 'where are the pro bowlers' argument, but some of that is bad luck. Wolfe, in spite of his flaws, has had Pro Bowl caliber seasons, Jackson should have been a pro bowler and got snubbed before getting onto the squad in Jax, and Trevathan was worthy of the honor. He's found some corners. He's found some RBs, WRs, etc. He's far from perfect, and his biggest issue is QB.

And let's also be honest here and say the hard truth - if Elway isn't the guy for a rebuild, and if he can't get the job done from where we are at now, then so long. We all love him, but it's not a birth right for him to be GM of an NFL team. It's all about results.

MOtorboat
09-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Looks like Lammey needed something to talk about so he came up with a hypothetical. Not even a rumor.

BeefStew25
09-25-2018, 06:17 PM
Von didn’t even have a sack Sunday.

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 06:59 PM

It isnt only QB.

Elway is pretty good at drafting. I understand that there's the whole 'where are the pro bowlers' argument, but some of that is bad luck. Wolfe, in spite of his flaws, has had Pro Bowl caliber seasons, Jackson should have been a pro bowler and got snubbed before getting onto the squad in Jax, and Trevathan was worthy of the honor. He's found some corners. He's found some RBs, WRs, etc. He's far from perfect, and his biggest issue is QB.

And let's also be honest here and say the hard truth - if Elway isn't the guy for a rebuild, and if he can't get the job done from where we are at now, then so long. We all love him, but it's not a birth right for him to be GM of an NFL team. It's all about results.

Please look at Elways first rounders.

Tned
09-25-2018, 07:03 PM

You overestimate us....

UnderArmour
09-25-2018, 07:10 PM

For reference, here are Elway's first and second round picks:

Von Miller/Rahim Moore & Orlando Franklin
Traded back/Derek Wolfe & Brock Osweiler
Sylvester Williams/Montee Ball
Bradley Roby/Cody Latimer
Shane Ray/Ty Sambrailo
Paxton Lynch/Adam Gotsis
Garett Bolles/DeMarcus Walker
Bradley Chubb/Courtland Sutton

Last year and right now, the roster is paying for Elway's failure to find starting offensive linemen in the draft. Elway's drafting hasn't been awful, but it certainly hasn't been as amazing as some people like to pretend.

Poet
09-25-2018, 07:29 PM

I said pretty good - not great. Not out of this world. I'm talking overall. I know what the large picture is, Shazam.

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 07:43 PM

I said pretty good - not great. Not out of this world. I'm talking overall. I know what the large picture is, Shazam.

See above. Thats the large picture. I am grateful for PFM but we are paying a horrible price now.

Davii
09-25-2018, 07:48 PM
See above. Thats the large picture. I am grateful for PFM but we are paying a horrible price now.

I don’t get it. Please explain.

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 08:25 PM

I don’t get it. Please explain.

Elway has not gotten enough out of all the Drafts. Denver is leaking in so many areas it has finally caught up. Peyton masked a lot of the deficiencies. And not even talking about the coaching staff.

Even in this Draft, Chubb may not have been the right pick. Was not as big of a need.

Poet
09-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Elway has not gotten enough out of all the Drafts. Denver is leaking in so many areas it has finally caught up. Peyton masked a lot of the deficiencies. And not even talking about the coaching staff.

Even in this Draft, Chubb may not have been the right pick. Was not as big of a need.

There were three viable moves for Elway: Chubb, probably the best player in the draft; Rosen, who was the best pure QB in the draft (don't @ me); or trading back and compiling picks.

He went with taking a great pass rusher and run stopper. That's a backbone of the defense.

BroncoWave
09-25-2018, 08:34 PM
There were three viable moves for Elway: Chubb, probably the best player in the draft; Rosen, who was the best pure QB in the draft (don't @ me); or trading back and compiling picks.

He went with taking a great pass rusher and run stopper. That's a backbone of the defense.

@King87

aberdien
09-25-2018, 08:35 PM
All getting rid of Von does is make your defense worse with no replacement. Good lord.

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 08:37 PM
All getting rid of Von does is make your defense worse with no replacement. Good lord.

Who said get rid of Denver's best player again??

aberdien
09-25-2018, 08:39 PM
Who said get rid of Denver's best player again??

@King87

Poet
09-25-2018, 08:40 PM

You start from scratch entirely and free up cap space will acquiring picks. A hard reset is needed - if we keep him we'll just feel that were are wasting our cap space, his time, and not accumulating enough capital. I love him. He is my favorite player. But I think everything has to be blown up.

Now, the analysis could be wrong - if it is then hopefully Chubb steps up and becomes Batman as Von transitions to being Robin. I'm just saying there are no sacred cows in this equation. That's all.

Poet
@King87

Disrespect me again and I'm going to do it with my mask off.

Davii

So, because Manning was a GOAT level QB he's responsible for Elway missing on draft picks and VJ being a completely horrific coach?

He's also responsible for people thinking they know Chubb's feeling after 3 games?

Broad shoulders....

Poet
09-25-2018, 08:41 PM
@king87

brother wave how dare you!!!!!

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 08:52 PM

So, because Manning was a GOAT level QB he's responsible for Elway missing on draft picks and VJ being a completely horrific coach?

He's also responsible for people thinking they know Chubb's feeling after 3 games?

Broad shoulders....

I think you need to re-read what im trying to say or maybe i didn't say it right. Trying to point out how far the team has fell.

Besides the incompetence in Coaching staff, Broncos do not have the talent level they had a few years ago thanks largely to weak drafts.

spikerman
09-25-2018, 09:25 PM
Whatever they gave up it was worth it for the championship. If you wouldn’t sacrifice everything for that, what’s the point?

Northman
09-26-2018, 08:24 AM
Whatever they gave up it was worth it for the championship. If you wouldn’t sacrifice everything for that, what’s the point?

Agreed. Despite being short term getting to 2 SB's and winning one was worth the price. It just doesnt help us long term right now.

Shazam!
09-26-2018, 08:46 AM
We didnt expect one if the worst coaches in the League tho did we

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 09:06 AM
I fail to see how having Manning caused a talent deficit. We have lost a lot of talent in the last few years due to natural attrition. What we haven’t done is replace any of that talent, except for this last year’s draft.

slim
09-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Hey guys, I heard a rumor on Twitter that the earth is actually flat. Just thought you'd want to know.

Mike
09-26-2018, 10:16 AM
lol...let's ask the Raiders what they think about moving a premier pass rusher. Elway would be run out of town.

Shazam!
09-26-2018, 10:22 AM
I fail to see how having Manning caused a talent deficit.

He covered a lot of holes and made the whole offense better. Was a leader in the huddle and in practice. You know the way elite QBs do.

wayninja
09-26-2018, 10:24 AM

Win a championship. Even if it means sacrificing everything.

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 10:28 AM
lol...let's ask the Raiders what they think about moving a premier pass rusher. Elway would be run out of town.

While I agree with you, we do have other options at pass rusher, the Raiders do not.

I still wouldn't do it, but it's a different situation.

Mike
09-26-2018, 10:31 AM
While I agree with you, we do have other options at pass rusher, the Raiders do not.

We have ok options, but see how fast that drops if the premier pass rusher in the league is not playing. Von demands respect. None of our other guys do that. We would get occasional pressure, but not the same.

Northman
09-26-2018, 10:33 AM

Who are our other options?

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 10:39 AM
Who are our other options?

Ray, Chubb, Walker, Barrett.

I'm not saying they are great options, nor am I saying it's wise to get rid of a generational talent at pass rusher. I'm just saying that the situation is a bit different because unlike the Raiders, we have other pass rushers that are capable of getting to the QB. The Raiders had Mack on defense and only Mack on defense...

Tangerine
09-26-2018, 11:05 AM

Most NFL teams, outside of the teams that are just always bad, go through cycles. They make the playoffs for a few years the miss them for a few years while the roster "rebuilds".

The Broncos made the playoffs 3 straight years from 2003-2005, then missed the playoffs for 5 years from 2006-2010, they then made the playoffs for 5 years 2011-2015, and have now missed them in back to back years. The general theme is when there's been coach/QB stability, we generally make the playoffs ever year, when we're switching QBs/coaches we miss the playoffs.

This is a common theme for many of the overall better teams not named the Patriots. With FA, you can only keep a team together for a few years then need to rebuild the roster, something that's easier to do when you're losing and getting early draft picks.

Manning or no Manning, this team would likely be in rebuilding stage now either way, because we'd still be in that part of the cycle. Most of the players we acquired during our last sucky period (2007-2010) are gone and have been difficult to replace while we were drafting in the high 20's each year.

Northman
09-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Ray, Chubb, Walker, Barrett.

I'm not saying they are great options, nor am I saying it's wise to get rid of a generational talent at pass rusher. I'm just saying that the situation is a bit different because unlike the Raiders, we have other pass rushers that are capable of getting to the QB. The Raiders had Mack on defense and only Mack on defense...

While i agree that Mack was their primary pass rusher im not sure we would be that much better if Miller wasnt on the team. I think its kind of a stretch to assume that if Miller was gone those guys would be able to do much better than the Raiders in that regard. Right now even with Miller its not that impressive on a consistent basis.

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 11:16 AM
While i agree that Mack was their primary pass rusher im not sure we would be that much better if Miller wasnt on the team. I think its kind of a stretch to assume that if Miller was gone those guys would be able to do much better than the Raiders in that regard. Right now even with Miller its not that impressive on a consistent basis.

I don't disagree with that. I dunno, not worth a lengthy debate because even if we disagree about the impact it would have vs the impact it did have for the Raiders and Mack, the bottom line is, it would be dumb to get rid of Von.

If you are trading for a CB, it is to make the defense better, you don't weaken the defense by trading one strength for another.

If we were going to make a trade (and I think we should, I don't think Peterson is the trade to make, but one should happen with someone) then I would trade DT or Sanders or draft picks.

I honestly believe defensively if we had someone of the caliber of Peterson (or even the Talib of last year) we'd be back to a very solid defense, especially with the pass rush improving. Peterson may be a pipe dream (though the Cards did try trading him to the Lions in the offseason so, they are open to a trade) there are other options out there both in FA and trade that could bolster our DB's, we need to be looking into them. What we have no is not acceptable and defensively I think we are 1-2 pieces away from competing. Offensively....I don't know what to do with that giant mess. I actually think getting DT off the field would be beneficial. I love the guy and I think with the right QB he still has enough gas in the tank to be a contributor, but the right QB is one who is a deep threat, Case isn't that. A guy like Sutton or Hamilton would be better suited to get DT's reps in this offense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 11:25 AM
He covered a lot of holes and made the whole offense better. Was a leader in the huddle and in practice. You know the way elite QBs do.

Right, and he was terrible the year we won the super bowl. The offense sucked as bad then as it does now.

The difference between now and then? We no longer have a historically great defense.

wayninja
09-26-2018, 12:28 PM
I heard the broncos are in trade talks with Green Bay for Aaron Rogers. Going to give up Janovich and a 5th rounder.

Northman
09-26-2018, 12:30 PM
I heard the broncos are in trade talks with Green Bay for Aaron Rogers. Going to give up Janovich and a 5th rounder.

Rodgers sucks. Not worth it and to injury prone.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Rodgers sucks. Not worth it and to injury prone.

Not worth a fullback and a 5th? 😆😆

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Not worth a fullback and a 5th? ����

Not just a fullback...Broncos Legend, Fullback Andy Manovich. Get it right you pleb! :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Not just a fullback...Broncos Legend, Fullback Andy Manovich. Get it right you pleb! :D
Indeed

Poet
09-26-2018, 01:42 PM
The difference is that the Raiders are pretending to contend whereas we would be clearly blowing up the roster.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 01:53 PM
The difference is that the Raiders are pretending to contend whereas we would be clearly blowing up the roster.
If we have another draft like this year’s, we should be contenders next year. I think we’re only 2–3 pieces away..

Poet
09-26-2018, 02:04 PM
If we have another draft like this year’s, we should be contenders next year. I think we’re only 2–3 pieces away..

So when does the secondary get fixed? Who is playing quarterback? Who is playing tight end? Which WRs do we know will actually step up and replace DT/ES? Where are the coverage linebackers? Which defensive lineman are going to end up replacing Peko Sr? Who are the DE's? Wolfe and, what Walker, who it looks like already has issues getting on the field?

The defense isn't a worldbeater now, and I don't see the young talent sans Chubb that's going to make things happen for us.

We don't have an incredibly talented roster.

I'm also sick and in a cranky mood. I'm not my normal upbeat and positive self today.

Tangerine
09-26-2018, 03:00 PM
So when does the secondary get fixed? Who is playing quarterback? Who is playing tight end? Which WRs do we know will actually step up and replace DT/ES? Where are the coverage linebackers? Which defensive lineman are going to end up replacing Peko Sr? Who are the DE's? Wolfe and, what Walker, who it looks like already has issues getting on the field?

The defense isn't a worldbeater now, and I don't see the young talent sans Chubb that's going to make things happen for us.

We don't have an incredibly talented roster.

I'm also sick and in a cranky mood. I'm not my normal upbeat and positive self today.

Eh.... don't need superstars at every position, you could rattle off a list of problems like that for every team in the NFL. QB/Coach is the biggest problem, if that can get fixed we'll be right back up there with the top teams. Problem is that's the 2 most difficult to fix, and there aren't going to be many good options in the offseason.

Shazam!
09-26-2018, 03:05 PM
The D doesn't even need to be lights out, just hang around and not get burned every time an opposing QB drops back.

Poet
09-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Eh.... don't need superstars at every position, you could rattle off a list of problems like that for every team in the NFL. QB/Coach is the biggest problem, if that can get fixed we'll be right back up there with the top teams. Problem is that's the 2 most difficult to fix, and there aren't going to be many good options in the offseason.

Where are the superstars outside of Von, maybe Chubb, and CHJ?

I'm probablyjust in a bad mood, though.

FanInAZ
09-26-2018, 09:16 PM
Hey guys, I heard a rumor on Twitter that the earth is actually flat. Just thought you'd want to know.

I saw a guy on FB make a case that supposed to prove the earth is flat, I got a good chuckle out of watching the video.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 09:33 PM
Where are the superstars outside of Von, maybe Chubb, and CHJ?

I'm probablyjust in a bad mood, though.

Justin Simmons has flashed quite a few times this year. He is probably one of the best coverage free safeties in the game.

Poet
09-26-2018, 10:00 PM
Justin Simmons has flashed quite a few times this year. He is probably one of the best coverage free safeties in the game.

Man, he’s okay.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Man, he’s okay.

I’m mostly referring to his range and athleticism on the backend. He looked really good in the first two games

Poet
09-27-2018, 01:30 PM
I’m mostly referring to his range and athleticism on the backend. He looked really good in the first two games

Man...he played okay...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Man...he played okay...

No, he played well. He had 9 tackles against the Raiders and he had a highlight reel INT against the Seahawks.

Poet
09-27-2018, 01:58 PM
No, he played well. He had 9 tackles against the Raiders and he had a highlight reel INT against the Seahawks.

He made a nice INT and then had some okay tackles.

He's nothing special. He's not a leader. We will continue to watch him get violated by tight ends and the like.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 01:58 PM
He made a nice INT and then had some okay tackles.

He's nothing special. He's not a leader. We will continue to watch him get violated by tight ends and the like.

No.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 01:59 PM
That’s me not wanting to contribute anything meaningful to the discussion, but yet being unwilling to concede.

Poet
No.

No.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
NO!!

Poet
That’s me not wanting to contribute anything meaningful to the discussion, but yet being unwilling to concede.

Sometimes you're like my younger brother.

Poet
NO!!

NoOoooOOOOoOOOooOOoOOooOOo!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 02:00 PM

Is he an underwear model?

Poet
09-27-2018, 02:03 PM

I don't have a younger brother.

But if I had one, it'd be you.

Jsteve01
09-27-2018, 02:55 PM

If he was an underwear model I would put his picture on my wall. Then when my wife and kids asked about him i would say he was Kings brother which makes us pretty much cousins

dogfish
09-27-2018, 03:57 PM
what just happened in here?

and when are we getting pat pete?

Davii
09-27-2018, 04:01 PM

That isn't the CAUSE of anything other than playoffs and championships.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 08:52 PM
I don't have a younger brother.

But if I had one, it'd be you.

That would be weird. I’d be your dad and your little brother.

Poet
09-27-2018, 10:21 PM

How could you be my father? You're shorter, dumber, weaker, and have worse teeth than I? You're also not from the Sand Lands.

You disrespect my heritage even though I have never once insulted you, even in a hyperbolic manner!!!!!!:D

Valar Morghulis
09-28-2018, 12:20 AM
Should have picked up Eric Reid

Poet
09-28-2018, 01:18 AM
Should have picked up Eric Reid

Bro, he's not a corner!

Valar Morghulis
09-28-2018, 03:25 AM
Bro, he's not a corner!

Hahaha, racist.

BeefStew25
09-28-2018, 08:37 AM
My sources say this is a lame thread.

Northman
09-28-2018, 09:20 AM
My sources say this is a lame thread.

Well yea, now that you are here its really gone into the toilet.

Freyaka
09-28-2018, 04:27 PM

When did this thread become Arkansas?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-28-2018, 06:17 PM
When did this thread become Arkansas?

King started it. I was helplessly carried along.

Poet
09-29-2018, 02:23 PM
King started it. I was helplessly carried along.

You're a big strong man.