PDA

View Full Version : Time to Celebrate the No Fly Zone- May They Rest in Peace

Ziggy
09-25-2018, 02:12 PM
2015 and 2016- Denver had the #1 pass defense in the NFL for two consecutive years. No defense in the history of the NFL has done better. Only the Legion of Boom (2013-14) and the Blitzburgh Steelers (2011-2012) have ever matched the feat.

The No Fly Zone was a product of incredible talent, scheme, work ethic and experience. They played with swagger, confidence and gusto. This group dominated offenses week in and week out and made them one dimensional. Their reward was simple:

https://images.nittanyweb.com/scs/images/products/116/larger/denver_broncos_super_bowl_50_champions_celebration _signature_grid_licensed_nfl_memorabilia_p356945.j pg

Wade, Ware, Ward, and Talib are long gone. So is the No Fly Zone. It was a treat and a blessing to watch. Raise your glasses and share a toast with me Broncos fans. :beer::beer::beer:

broncofaninfla
09-25-2018, 03:32 PM
I go way back to the dominate Orange Crush defense but this defense was the best I have ever seen in Denver. While I join you in saluting those players I'd like to add Wade Phillips to the toast. Without him none of this would have ever happened.

Ziggy
09-25-2018, 03:44 PM
I go way back to the dominate Orange Crush defense but this defense was the best I have ever seen in Denver. While I join you in saluting those players I'd like to add Wade Phillips to the toast. Without him none of this would have ever happened.

I mentioned him and Ware in the ones that are gone, but I agree with you completely. Von, Ware, and Malik certainly contributed as well. That pass rush was vicious.

Shazam!
09-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Best Broncos Defense in their history and i was privileged to watch that Championship unit.

Freyaka
09-25-2018, 04:19 PM
There are rumors (lots of them popping up on twitter and the radio) that we are going after Patrick Peterson. If it happens, I don't know that I'd put the final nail in this defense's coffin yet.

Buff
09-25-2018, 04:26 PM
Never should have gotten rid of Ward... He brought the attitude that served as the foundation for that group (along with Talib's swag). Even if we had depth at safety - he was worth the $4 mil or whatever he would have cost us.

It's been a precipitous decline since then.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2018, 04:39 PM
There are rumors (lots of them popping up on twitter and the radio) that we are going after Patrick Peterson. If it happens, I don't know that I'd put the final nail in this defense's coffin yet.
It’s a load of crap, started by non-credible sources. He just signed a huge contract this last offseason.

Jsteve01
09-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Never should have gotten rid of Ward... He brought the attitude that served as the foundation for that group (along with Talib's swag). Even if we had depth at safety - he was worth the $4 mil or whatever he would have cost us.

No. His game is in Decline. And are you going to play him and an even more pass Happy League over either Stewart or Simmons?

aberdien
09-25-2018, 09:51 PM
Ward is a free agent. Let's bring it back!

aberdien
09-25-2018, 09:53 PM
They even have their own wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Fly_Zone_(Denver_Broncos)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2018, 10:12 PM
We would not be getting the Ward from 2015.

aberdien
09-25-2018, 10:13 PM

Also we already suck. Couldn't make us any worse. Let's have some fun!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Also we already suck. Couldn't make us any worse. Let's have some fun!

Abe, why is it I want to slap you and hug you all at the same time?

Poet
09-25-2018, 10:23 PM

We don't have the same 'good' Roby, or Wolfe, or DT/ES, etc.

Hyperbole is kind of fun. We lost a lot of leadership, in all seriousness, Al.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2018, 10:44 PM

We are an average team with a few elite players. This team is not one riddled with all stars anymore, not even close

Hawgdriver
09-25-2018, 10:45 PM

Hi-fived because you are right about his importance--Ward--but history shows otherwise regarding the idea that you keep him on payroll. I'm just happy the stars aligned in 2015 with Ware, Von, Jr, Wade, Ward, and 'Lib. Malik, Wolfe, Danny T, Stew, Roby, and so on, solid contributors.

Hawgdriver
09-25-2018, 10:48 PM
Ware was super crazy important overall. Wade knew how to let boys be boys. Ward had a presence that is missing now. The lesson we should have learned is that the Broncos defense should have as many W _ _ _ names as possible.

Shazam!
09-26-2018, 06:07 AM

They lost a lot of talent too. Backups were turned into Starters out of necessity. Leadership starts on the sidelines and they get none.

Elevation inc
09-26-2018, 08:48 AM

I don't disagree he was a beast but to be fair he got benched that season we let him go in Tampa as well for poor play. Father time finally called for him. We just got ahead of it by about 6 weeks.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 09:08 AM
I don't disagree he was a beast but to be fair he got benched that season we let him go in Tampa as well for poor play. Father time finally called for him. We just got ahead of it by about 6 weeks.
The same with Talib.

Elevation inc
09-26-2018, 09:20 AM
The same with Talib.

perhaps...his play wasn't great this past Sunday before he got hurt, no way to know what he would have done here, but he misses 6 weeks of the season....so maybe it was just that time to move on......

Northman
09-26-2018, 09:46 AM
No. His game is in Decline. And are you going to play him and an even more pass Happy League over either Stewart or Simmons?

Bwhahahahahah, yea because we are so much better now. I guess you missed the last couple of games in terms of pass defense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 11:21 AM
perhaps...his play wasn't great this past Sunday before he got hurt, no way to know what he would have done here, but he misses 6 weeks of the season....so maybe it was just that time to move on......

Agreed

dogfish
09-26-2018, 12:00 PM
it was fun while it lasted, but nothing lasts forever. . . bringing back TJ isn't going to fire up the hot tub time machine, any more than hiring dennison would. . . i'm just glad i got to witness it, because it was a hell of a ride. . .

Jsteve01
09-26-2018, 04:50 PM

Bwhahahahahah, yea because we are so much better now. I guess you missed the last couple of games in terms of pass defense.

North. He played 6 games last year because he fell off. Our problem is corner not so much safety and the horrid defensive gameplan

Buff
09-26-2018, 05:05 PM
Ya'll have completely missed my point on Ward. He was worth more to us as a tone setter than he was worth to any other team. We had both the depth and salary cap space to retain him - and there is really no argument in hindsight that we were better off without him.

I'm making a "the whole is better than the sum of its parts" argument here. Clearly his play had dropped off some - but where did we reallocate that $4 mil and was that worth the tradeoff of losing his defensive leadership and attitude? For me, the answer is clearly no. In hindsight - we should have done a lot more to keep the band together, starting with Wade.

Jsteve01
09-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Ya'll have completely missed my point on Ward. He was worth more to us as a tone setter than he was worth to any other team. We had both the depth and salary cap space to retain him - and there is really no argument in hindsight that we were better off without him.

I'm making a "the whole is better than the sum of its parts" argument here. Clearly his play had dropped off some - but where did we reallocate that $4 mil and was that worth the tradeoff of losing his defensive leadership and attitude? For me, the answer is clearly no. In hindsight - we should have done a lot more to keep the band together, starting with Wade.

Buff i get it but you cant pay a backup oft injured safety whose play is declining 4 million to sit just for his leadership. Simmons was ready. And cheaper. I hated losing he and ware. It killed me but guys get old fast

BeefStew25
09-26-2018, 05:26 PM
We weren’t doing shit last year. Simmons got more Pt. It was the right move.

Timmy!
09-26-2018, 08:21 PM
We weren’t doing shit last year. Simmons got more Pt. It was the right move.

I loved Ward, but he did jack shit in Tampa, and is currently out of the league. What was he worth he worth to us last year? A win? 2 at most and that's a huge stretch. Then we don't get Chubb. I agree with Buff in principle, but we made the right move.

Buff
09-26-2018, 08:26 PM
I loved Ward, but he did jack shit in Tampa, and is currently out of the league. What was he worth he worth to us last year? A win? 2 at most and that's a huge stretch. Then we don't get Chubb. I agree with Buff in principle, but we made the right move.

It's all a moot point given how awful the offense was last year... Wouldn't have mattered either way. But you wonder why there was tension in the locker room?? Cause you cut TJ Ward and go out and pay guys like Menelik Watson and Jamaal Charles.

I understand the counterargument in principle - but here is an instance where I think Elway was wrong and conventional wisdom was wrong.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 08:58 PM
It's all a moot point given how awful the offense was last year... Wouldn't have mattered either way. But you wonder why there was tension in the locker room?? Cause you cut TJ Ward and go out and pay guys like Menelik Watson and Jamaal Charles.

I understand the counterargument in principle - but here is an instance where I think Elway was wrong and conventional wisdom was wrong.

Have you taken inventory of how many games Ward played once he was cut?

Poet
09-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Have you taken inventory of how many games Ward played once he was cut?

Ware wasn't exactly playing a ton of games towards the end yet we admit that we miss his leadership.

The strength and the soul of the team was in the secondary. The guy remaining, CHJ, is the most 'humble' and soft spoken of that bunch. He finally just called out Woods.

Buff's arguing from a standpoint against conventional wisdom.

Last year we thought we could eek into the playoffs. One of the reasons we didn't is because the team lost sight of itself. Cutting a veteran (for cap space in the next year) in lieu of letting him heal up and starting the young guy was not congruent with playoff contention. That line of logic is one of the lines as to why I was saying we should blow up the team in the offseason as opposed to doing something really stupid like signing a lousy vet QB while we still pretended to be contenders. That's the point - cutting Ward was half-baked and showed a strong sense of being without direction.

Right now we have to safeties that no one else in the league cares about, much less covet. They're nothing special. They've no exceptional talent and nothing indicates they are leaders. And all three of them get spanked by TE's in coverage so what's the drop off, really? You can rotate guys in and out of the game and in and out of different coverages.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 09:11 PM
I get what you’re saying. Ward was the heart of the secondary. However you cited Wares “part time” role, which is still more than “not at all”.

Poet
09-26-2018, 09:18 PM
I get what you’re saying. Ward was the heart of the secondary. However you cited Wares “part time” role, which is still more than “not at all”.

Did he not play in twelve games last year? Did he not play in 14 from the prior season?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 09:24 PM
Did he not play in twelve games last year? Did he not play in 14 from the prior season?

I thought he spent the majority of the year on IR last year?

Edit: he had zero ff last year and half as many tackles. At least Ware made plays in his limited role. If Ward still had gas in the tank he’d be playing somewhere.

Buff
09-26-2018, 09:40 PM
Safeties have been commoditized like RBs. GMs don't want or need to pay an older guy coming off a down year when the talent pool has plenty of guys.

I'm just saying:

1.) His intangibles were immeasurable.
2.) We had a historically great D, which maybe compels you to try and give him the benefit of the doubt.
3.) He could still play - just use him more sparingly.
4.) We did a bad job of redeploying that $4m anyway.

Anyway, I think 8/10 times you're better off moving on and being unsentimental about it - in this instance, maybe not. :whoknows:

BeefStew25
09-26-2018, 10:13 PM
There was tension in the locker room because the D resented the pathetic O.

BroncoWave
09-27-2018, 07:39 AM
Safeties have been commoditized like RBs. GMs don't want or need to pay an older guy coming off a down year when the talent pool has plenty of guys.

I'm just saying:

2.) We had a historically great D, which maybe compels you to try and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I think 8/10 times you're better off moving on and being unsentimental about it - in this instance, maybe not. :whoknows:

You hear players say all the time that leadership is pointless if the guy isn't playing. No one cares what someone on the bench has to say. He was a great player/leader for us, but he washed up and was out of the league pretty soon after we dumped him. If he had been the difference between winning the super bowl or even just making the playoffs I'd see your point. But last year was lost regardless. Better to get the young guys going.

Northman
09-27-2018, 10:05 AM

I'm just saying:

Agreed.

Imagine had we used that logic and cut Manning mid year in 2015 because of the lack of playing time and just how God awful he was playing. But alas, we kept him because he was a great leader of men and gave the offense something to fight for. We could of rolled into the playoffs with Brock but Kubes didnt trust him to get it done on the road.

BroncoWave
09-27-2018, 10:09 AM
Agreed.

Imagine had we used that logic and cut Manning mid year in 2015 because of the lack of playing time and just how God awful he was playing. But alas, we kept him because he was a great leader of men and gave the offense something to fight for. We could of rolled into the playoffs with Brock but Kubes didnt trust him to get it done on the road.

Again, totally different example because we were still a playoff team/super bowl contender at the time. Plus QB is a way more important position.

Northman
09-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Again, totally different example because we were still a playoff team/super bowl contender at the time. Plus QB is a way more important position.

Hmmm, well. Before Ward showed up our safety spot was weak as hell. Then all of a sudden Ward is gone and guess what? Our Safety spot is weak as hell. Its easy to say (in hindsight) that keeping Manning worked out for the best (even though it was the defense that did all the heavy lifting) but man, imagine had Manning stunk so bad that the defense couldnt get over it and we exited out of the playoffs that year? Or even got blown out in the SB again? Yea, i think people would have probably said it was a bad idea having Manning play at that point. We were fortunate that the defense just happened to be good as they were. Qb will always be the most important position but taking guys like Ward for granted is equally as bad.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 10:52 AM

And mid season?

BroncoWave
09-27-2018, 10:57 AM
And mid season?

Can you expand on this?

Broncoknight30
09-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Does anyone else have a particular problem with Chris Harris basically throwing the coaching staff under the bus? I mean I don't have a problem with what he said, but it is discouraging to me that even Harris knows this staff sucks.

“The quarterbacks are getting the ball out fast, they’re not thinking about where they have to go,” Harris said, via KUSA. “So, we’ve got try to confuse them as a defense. Disguise better as a whole in the secondary and move around. We can’t just be stagnant, sitting ducks. Right now, we’re stagnant, we’re not moving around, we’re not doing anything to confuse the quarterback and it’s very easy right now for them.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/24/chris-harris-its-very-easy-for-opposing-quarterbacks-right-now/

It is bad enough that Roby has never been all of that. A decent nickel, but NOT a corner to put on an island. Now they are asking to him to be something he isn't. That is bad enough. The real problem is the staff. Like we have been saying for over a year now.

This, could be really really ugly Monday Night. Lets hope that they DO SOMETHING and respond to what Harris is saying. THEY NEED TO GET PRESSURE with 4 rushers. If they need to get a NASCAR type of package in there on every down, then do be it.

Von Wolfe Walker Chubb

That kind of a line.

Northman
09-27-2018, 11:04 AM
Well, the coaching staff is full of bums so no i dont personally have a problem with it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 11:20 AM
Can you expand on this?

His scenario of cutting Manning was mid season, not in the offseason like when Ward was released.

BroncoWave
09-27-2018, 01:02 PM
His scenario of cutting Manning was mid season, not in the offseason like when Ward was released.

Good point. Yeah, definitely not comparable situations at all.

Jsteve01
09-27-2018, 02:16 PM
Ward was done at that point. There is no debating it. If you want that leadership back then sign him as a coach or for the vet min. He is an undersized bruiser who is a liability in coverage. Not the same as Talib

Buff
09-27-2018, 02:58 PM
Ward was done at that point. There is no debating it. If you want that leadership back then sign him as a coach or for the vet min. He is an undersized bruiser who is a liability in coverage. Not the same as Talib

If there's no debating it then WTF have we been doing for 4 pages? Did the defense improve with the younger guys?

dogfish
09-27-2018, 03:08 PM
meh. . . there's no doubt we missed TJ, but i have serious doubt that keeping him would have helped much. . . boss is more of a physical tone-setter on the field than a vocal locker room leader. . . and it's hard to be an enforcer bringing swagger to your unit when you're hurt and can't play. . . losing wade is the primary issue. . . in terms of personnel, we miss talib more than we miss TJ. . . you also have to remember that we lost a big chunk of nasty when malik walked, and they haven't replaced any of it. . .

Hawgdriver
09-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Does anyone else have a particular problem with Chris Harris basically throwing the coaching staff under the bus? I mean I don't have a problem with what he said, but it is discouraging to me that even Harris knows this staff sucks.

“The quarterbacks are getting the ball out fast, they’re not thinking about where they have to go,” Harris said, via KUSA. “So, we’ve got try to confuse them as a defense. Disguise better as a whole in the secondary and move around. We can’t just be stagnant, sitting ducks. Right now, we’re stagnant, we’re not moving around, we’re not doing anything to confuse the quarterback and it’s very easy right now for them.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/24/chris-harris-its-very-easy-for-opposing-quarterbacks-right-now/

It is bad enough that Roby has never been all of that. A decent nickel, but NOT a corner to put on an island. Now they are asking to him to be something he isn't. That is bad enough. The real problem is the staff. Like we have been saying for over a year now.

This, could be really really ugly Monday Night. Lets hope that they DO SOMETHING and respond to what Harris is saying. THEY NEED TO GET PRESSURE with 4 rushers. If they need to get a NASCAR type of package in there on every down, then do be it.

Von Wolfe Walker Chubb

That kind of a line.

It's disquieting.

Valar Morghulis
09-28-2018, 03:29 AM

Different example yes, same principles. In play alone manning declined more than ward.

Intangibles in some cases matter. In Manning's case, that's obvious, but in ward's case I am can see a similar argument

Shazam!
09-28-2018, 05:06 AM

Different example yes, same principles. In play alone manning declined more than ward.

Intangibles in some cases matter. In Manning's case, that's obvious, but in ward's case I am can see a similar argument

Manning was a victim of Denver's fantastic offensive line, and if he was protected he could have gone a lil longer. I firmly believe that. He was never the same after the beating he took in SD in 2014.

BroncoWave
09-28-2018, 05:55 AM
If there's no debating it then WTF have we been doing for 4 pages? Did the defense improve with the younger guys?

What exactly was the best case scenario for keeping Ward? Maybe we win 7 games instead of 5 and don't pick in the top 5 any more? Then he still likely gets injured/sucks on the field and we're back in the same place.

Broncoknight30
09-28-2018, 06:48 AM

It is the reality of the hard cap in the NFL. The Seahawks going through it. They have one person left from their legion of boom and he is very disgruntled. They had to pay for their QB and he got big money. Not to mention a few others.

That is the situation and every team goes through it. The Pats fans were going nuts when they got rid of Lawyer Milloy. He was a big presence and all of that stuff. Locker room guy, and they had to get rid of him. Worked out and it certainly helps to have Belichick as a coach and Brady as a QB. It did not stop with that. They had to get rid of Seymour, Ty Law, Vrabel, among others. After their defense took a hit, they went 10 years without winning it, despite GREAT QB production.

I do find it interesting in Brady's first 4 seasons he was 10-0 in the playoffs with 3 SB wins. Of course those first 3 SBs, he did not pass for 4000 yards or 30 TDs in any of them. The next 10 years he, he had his best statistical seasons. He was 8-8 in the playoffs (something like that) with zero rings. He then restructured his contract, they sign some key defenders, and in 2014 their defense ranked in the top 10 for the first time in years. They win the SB on a defensive play.

The point is, every team goes through this. It is as important to be cap savvy as anything else in this hard cap reality. Cannot just pay everyone.

Shazam!
09-28-2018, 07:36 AM

It is the reality of the hard cap in the NFL. The Seahawks going through it. They have one person left from their legion of boom and he is very disgruntled. They had to pay for their QB and he got big money. Not to mention a few others.

That is the situation and every team goes through it. The Pats fans were going nuts when they got rid of Lawyer Milloy. He was a big presence and all of that stuff. Locker room guy, and they had to get rid of him. Worked out and it certainly helps to have Belichick as a coach and Brady as a QB. It did not stop with that. They had to get rid of Seymour, Ty Law, Vrabel, among others. After their defense took a hit, they went 10 years without winning it, despite GREAT QB production.

I do find it interesting in Brady's first 4 seasons he was 10-0 in the playoffs with 3 SB wins. Of course those first 3 SBs, he did not pass for 4000 yards or 30 TDs in any of them. The next 10 years he, he had his best statistical seasons. He was 8-8 in the playoffs (something like that) with zero rings. He then restructured his contract, they sign some key defenders, and in 2014 their defense ranked in the top 10 for the first time in years. They win the SB on a defensive play.

The point is, every team goes through this. It is as important to be cap savvy as anything else in this hard cap reality. Cannot just pay everyone.

But in the same reality now, Elway brings in cheap risky players to fill major holes. Brock, Cravens, and Jones. Each had issues and was supposed to or expected to play at such a high level they were likely never too attain anyway and hasnt worked. See Jake Butt too. In the Draft too looking to turn a pumpkin into a carriage.

Broncoknight30
09-28-2018, 07:57 AM
But in the same reality now, Elway brings in cheap risky players to fill major holes. Brock, Cravens, and Jones. Each had issues and was supposed to or expected to play at such a high level they were likely never too attain anyway and hasnt worked. See Jake Butt too. In the Draft too looking to turn a pumpkin into a carriage.

Since we use the Pats as the gold standard over the last 20 years, lets look at their draft history.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3200&type=team

Just go back over the last 5 years, since that is the only time the mid rounders may flourish before they leave for bigger money (reference Malik and Trevethan.) How many of those Pats drafts are bonafide hits?

There are a couple. Not that many though.

It is a real crap shoot. That's the point. The transition from the college to the pros for most is just too much. Once confidence is shattered, very difficult to get it back.

EastCoastBronco
09-28-2018, 08:40 AM
We are going to find out how much we miss Talib Monday night.
He was the only DB we had that could come close to covering a tight end.

Broncoknight30
09-28-2018, 08:43 AM
We are going to find out how much we miss Talib Monday night.
He was the only DB we had that could come close to covering a tight end.

The Rams certainly missed him last night.

BeefStew25
09-28-2018, 10:42 AM
Kelce gonna blow up isn’t he.

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:43 AM

150 yards.

slim
09-28-2018, 10:49 AM

No. The NFL is funny.

BeefStew25
09-28-2018, 10:53 AM
No. The NFL is funny.

I think we win and he still blows up.

slim
09-28-2018, 10:55 AM

Mahomes is due for a bad game. Case is do for a good game.

Poet
09-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Mahomes is due for a bad game. Case is do for a good game.

It would be great to watch CK toss four TDs and Mahomes get taken to pick six city.

Buff
09-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Who hangs more points on us - KC or LAR?

Poet
09-28-2018, 11:01 AM

Ouch.

Northman
09-28-2018, 11:14 AM

Both.

KC is averaging almost 35-40 pts a game.

Jsteve01
09-28-2018, 11:23 AM

Both.

But they dont have near the defense. So although kc may hang more, i think the point differential in the rams game will be disgusting. Especially given the way the plauyers in la will win one for the gipper

Buff
09-28-2018, 11:25 AM
But they dont have near the defense. So although kc may hang more, i think the point differential in the rams game will be disgusting. Especially given the way the plauyers in la will win one for the gipper

This seems about right. I'm surprised we are only 5 point dogs against KC. Will be double digits against LAR.

MOtorboat
09-28-2018, 11:32 AM
This seems about right. I'm surprised we are only 5 point dogs against KC. Will be double digits against LAR.

At home in the altitude, Monday night. I’m not too surprised. I’ll be surprised, however, if the Chiefs don’t cover.

Northman
09-28-2018, 11:34 AM

Not sure about that, we lost 27-14 to the Ravens and KC is better than them offensively while our defense is not that good as we thought.

EastCoastBronco
09-28-2018, 11:53 AM

The scoreboard at Mile High is going to blow up...;-)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-28-2018, 12:50 PM
We’ll see. We have a proud team which will not appreciate being dogs at home against a division rival

Poet
09-28-2018, 12:57 PM
We’ll see. We have a proud team which will not appreciate being dogs at home against a division rival

We got rid of the proud guys. I'm sure Keenum will rally the troops, though.

BeefStew25
09-28-2018, 01:15 PM
I can’t believe we are 0-3.

Buff
09-28-2018, 01:26 PM

If you keep fan policing everyone, that should will us to a victory.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-28-2018, 02:43 PM
We got rid of the proud guys. I'm sure Keenum will rally the troops, though.

I disagree. The quitters are gone.

Jsteve01
09-28-2018, 04:20 PM

Not sure about that, we lost 27-14 to the Ravens and KC is better than them offensively while our defense is not that good as we thought.

Im saying we will score even less. I think kc may score more points but the differential will be ugly given how good the rams d is and the wade factor. That defensive unit will be up

Jsteve01
09-28-2018, 04:22 PM

I really do appreciate beef's grounded pov on our sky is falling theme. I just csnt get over our ineptitude at coach. And im a guy that argued for mcd to the end

Buff
09-28-2018, 05:57 PM
I really do appreciate beef's grounded pov on our sky is falling theme. I just csnt get over our ineptitude at coach. And im a guy that argued for mcd to the end

We need his positivity more than ever with VJ taking all the wind out of our sails.

dogfish
09-28-2018, 08:28 PM

:lol:

Ground Control
09-28-2018, 08:58 PM
R.i.p.

BeefStew25
09-28-2018, 09:32 PM
We are gonna be 8-8. Most people agreed with this before the season. So why the tantrums?

Northman
09-28-2018, 09:36 PM
We are gonna be 8-8. Most people agreed with this before the season. So why the tantrums?

If we were going to be 8-8 why sign Keenum at all? :lol:

BroncoWave
09-29-2018, 06:16 AM

Sorry, officer.

Nomad
09-29-2018, 08:47 AM

To be fair.....some bitch even with a win. LoL!

Jsteve01
09-29-2018, 10:00 AM

If we were going to be 8-8 why sign Keenum at all? :lol:

Great point.

Northman
09-29-2018, 10:05 AM
Great point.

Thank you, i have them on occasion.

Canmore
09-29-2018, 12:37 PM
Both.

sneakers
10-02-2018, 04:24 AM

0-4 now

Colorado4Life
10-03-2018, 06:40 PM
It’s sad to acknowledge that the no fly zone is truly gone. I think the current batch is doing their best but it’s just not the same high level we grew accustomed too.

aberdien
10-03-2018, 07:36 PM
It’s sad to acknowledge that the no fly zone is truly gone. I think the current batch is doing their best but it’s just not the same high level we grew accustomed too.

The coaching handicap doesn't help either.

EastCoastBronco
10-04-2018, 11:18 AM

True...

Every so often you get a glimpse of how good a group of talented athletes can be when the right coach gets a hold of them.
We had our glimpse in 2015 with Wade.
What amazes me is how, by the end of each season, Uncle Bill Bellichick manages to get the most out of his thrown together defensive unit.
They always seem to start out slow but by the last quarter of each season they are usually a competent, cohesive unit.

Freyaka
10-04-2018, 12:03 PM

I think the coaching handicap is the problem. No we aren't as good as the No Fly Zone, but this defense is a whole lot better than it appears because Woods is just awful....

goodforubud
10-08-2018, 12:37 AM
2015 and 2016- Denver had the #1 pass defense in the NFL for two consecutive years. No defense in the history of the NFL has done better. Only the Legion of Boom (2013-14) and the Blitzburgh Steelers (2011-2012) have ever matched the feat.

The No Fly Zone was a product of incredible talent, scheme, work ethic and experience. They played with swagger, confidence and gusto. This group dominated offenses week in and week out and made them one dimensional. Their reward was simple:

https://images.nittanyweb.com/scs/images/products/116/larger/denver_broncos_super_bowl_50_champions_celebration _signature_grid_licensed_nfl_memorabilia_p356945.j pg

Wade, Ware, Ward, and Talib are long gone. So is the No Fly Zone. It was a treat and a blessing to watch. Raise your glasses and share a toast with me Broncos fans. :beer::beer::beer:

Thanks Wade! For having the ball to pressure the QB every play, but having the whits to make it a scheme. The new Broncos schemes is man up no pressure, aka pick apart Jones.

Freyaka
10-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Thanks Wade! For having the ball to pressure the QB every play, but having the whits to make it a scheme. The new Broncos schemes is man up no pressure, aka pick apart Jones.

You spelled Roby wrong.