PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Options for 2018

Davii
09-25-2018, 12:23 PM
I don't think VJ lasts the season so a coaching thread was needed for a sooner timeframe! If we surprise and play a tight game (or even win) against the Chiefs and Rams he might save himself. If we look bad and are embarassed.... well.... that might cause big John to pull the plug.

So, what are our options for THIS year after we offload VJ?

Musgrave? Will Kubiak come downstairs and fill in? Maybe Kubes takes over the offense from Musgrave? Maybe an assistant HC scenario?

Something completely different?

Buff
09-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Bill Kollar coaches out the string after we're eliminated from the playoffs.

Krugan
09-25-2018, 12:49 PM
I get it that, we just dont look good, but man we are 2-1 with alot of football left.

Ill be honest i do not see VJ being great, at least not at this stage of his career, but its way to early to throw in the towel...

slim
09-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Kubes!

Davii
09-25-2018, 12:56 PM
I get it that, we just dont look good, but man we are 2-1 with alot of football left.

Ill be honest i do not see VJ being great, at least not at this stage of his career, but its way to early to throw in the towel...

Here's the thing: I see the same flaws in his leadership that led us to last season. From where I sit we have an undisciplined, poorly-coached team. That's all.

Poet
09-25-2018, 01:08 PM
I think it would go to Woods.

underrated29
09-25-2018, 01:11 PM
I like woods less than I like VJ. That would make me quite upset.

Ziggy
09-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Woods can't even play man corners man to man without a 12 yard cushion. Last season he tried to turn this defense into a zone D. No in game adjustments. He's as bad of a defensive coordinator as Vance Joseph is a coach.

Poet
09-25-2018, 02:20 PM
I didn't say that's what I wanted - I said I think that's who would get it.

dogfish
09-25-2018, 02:21 PM
I think it would have to be musgrave. . .

broncofaninfla
09-25-2018, 03:27 PM
I could see this happening during the bye if Denver looks bad enough leading up to it. I could also see Kubes temporarily taking the helm if they do. I'm really hoping it doesn't come to this and VJ is able to right this ship but I haven't seen much to date from him to make me think that will happen.

The Glue Factory
09-26-2018, 01:23 PM
I don't see Kubiak retaking the reigns. Health issues will prevent it. If VJ is gone before the end of the year (which I seriously doubt) then I would expect Musgrave to take the reigns for the duration.

Shazam!
10-01-2018, 06:23 AM
Mike Tomlin will def be available.

Broncoknight30
10-01-2018, 07:10 AM

Yeah? You are not advocating for Belichick's bitch are you? :confused:

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Would you take McD over VJ?

Broncoknight30
10-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Would you take McD over VJ?

http://i.imgur.com/qPTCHmg.jpg

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 08:00 AM
You have to pick one.

Freyaka
10-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Maybe we could talk Cower into coming back :D

no...nevermind.

Shazam!
10-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Yeah? You are not advocating for Belichick's bitch are you? :confused:

Who McD

Jsteve01
10-01-2018, 11:44 AM
You have to pick one.

At this point yes. Because he has at least proven to be a very good coordinator. And that is hard to say.

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 12:00 PM
At this point yes. Because he has at least proven to be a very good coordinator. And that is hard to say.

And you hope he’s grown up some.

Freyaka
10-01-2018, 12:07 PM
And you hope he’s grown up some.

No, last I saw him on the sidelines, he's still Mo-sized.

MOtorboat
10-01-2018, 12:13 PM
I love McD!

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 12:57 PM
He drafted Tebow. Beat the Steelers.

MOtorboat
10-01-2018, 12:58 PM
He drafted Tebow. Beat the Steelers.

He drafted DT. Beat the Steelers.

BeefStew25
10-01-2018, 01:11 PM
He drafted DT. Beat the Steelers.

DT threw and caught the ball?

MOtorboat
10-01-2018, 02:35 PM
DT threw and caught the ball?

Tebow threw and caught the ball?

Mike
10-01-2018, 03:44 PM
At this point, I don't know who will be available. Nobody on this staff should be in line for an HC position though.

Dapper Dan
10-01-2018, 10:04 PM
John DeFilippo

Dapper Dan
10-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Jim Bob Cooter.

tripp
10-01-2018, 10:30 PM
The whole coaching staff needs to go.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-01-2018, 10:51 PM
The whole coaching staff needs to go.

Who calls play action on the first down of a 4th quarter comeback attempt? Like really? Do you really think the defense thought you were going to hand it off there with under 2 minutes left?

Broncoknight30
10-03-2018, 04:29 AM
Who calls play action on the first down of a 4th quarter comeback attempt? Like really? Do you really think the defense thought you were going to hand it off there with under 2 minutes left?

Yes, this.

Plus, if you notice too that the well coached teams are the ones that have ALL THREE timeouts in the 4th quarter. Especially late in the fourth quarter. There was like 1:38 seconds and the Broncos had ONE timeout remaining and they call a play action? As if anyone on KC was going honor that? Ever notice how this pathetic staff irresponsibly uses timeouts? Like when they challenge bullshit? For one half of one inconsequential yard against the Ravens? Notice when you watch or glance at a Pats game. They almost always have all 3 timeouts at the end of the half or the end of the game.

This franchise is an embarrassment right now. It is a joke. Starts with Elway too. He was the one that wanted VJ OVER Wade Philips from the get go. Think about that. Elway wanted VJ, cause that is was what Kubiack wanted too. THANKFULLY and LUCKILY for us, the Bengals did not allow for that. Imagine VJ being the DC instead of Wade Philips? Let that sink in.

So, when RADIO became available, Elway hires him. We know that Sean Mcvay was probably going to be hired by the Rams, but he was not even close to being on Elway's radar. Instead, he was locked in on VJ, whose only coordinator experience garnered the 30th ranked Dolphins defense. He felt that was the best option?

Now, we have this joke. Unprepared, totally out of his class. He barely has the capability to coach at the HS level and that is what Elway wanted and coveted over all of those others?

underrated29
10-03-2018, 12:22 PM
i Dont want to knock Mcvay but his first year was terrible. The rams were terrible. IT was not until they got Gurley going and then got a QB who could actually throw the ball. Then the line. Then they got WR and then they got a defense. But they literally built their team around the QB and RB. Remember how they called him Jared Gofful?

Gurley is an insane beast.

No one gave two shits about Mcv until they got those two guys going.

Freyaka
10-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Charmichael from New Orleans seems like a solid option to me (especially with Freeman/Lindsay)

Jsteve01
10-03-2018, 01:31 PM
i Dont want to knock Mcvay but his first year was terrible. The rams were terrible. IT was not until they got Gurley going and then got a QB who could actually throw the ball. Then the line. Then they got WR and then they got a defense. But they literally built their team around the QB and RB. Remember how they called him Jared Gofful?

Wtf are you talking about? Last year was his first year. They were top ten in the league offensively and defensively and had one of the biggest increases in wins that the league has ever seen

dogfish
10-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Wtf are you talkimg about? Last year was his firdt year. They were top ten in the league offensively and defensively and had one of the biggest increases in wins thst the league has ever seen

spot-on post aside from those minor details, though. . . :D

Jsteve01
10-03-2018, 01:42 PM

Wtf are you talking about? Last year was his first year. They were top ten in the league offensively and defensively and had one of the biggest increases in wins that the league has ever seen

To put it in perspective. We had our pick of any coach. Mcvay. Shanny wanted to be here. We could have had lynn. Even mcdermott. Marrone is a Coughlin guy, but any of the others were ours if we wanted them. Utter stupidity. Instead john hung his hat on the bs defensive coordinator hed been obsessed with for 2 years

underrated29
10-03-2018, 01:53 PM

Oh my bad. I thought he was there longer than just last year.

underrated29
10-03-2018, 01:55 PM
To put it in perspective. We had our pick of any coach. Mcvay. Shanny wanted to be here. We could have had lynn. Even mcdermott. Marrone is a Coughlin guy, but any of the others were ours if we wanted them. Utter stupidity. Instead john hung his hat on the bs defensive coordinator hed been obsessed with for 2 years

I am not against any of this. I liked Shanny jr.

nevcraw
10-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Mcv got coach of the year and gurly was mvp

Freyaka
10-03-2018, 02:28 PM

UR29 is a bastion of knowledge, how dare you point out his flaws after all he's done for you.

Broncoknight30
10-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Oh my bad. I thought he was there longer than just last year.

Yeah, I was gonna say. The other thing that Mcvay proved is just how shitty Jeff Fisher is as a coach.

I truly believe that a coach makes the biggest difference in football. It truly amazes me how certain coaches just get the best out of players that would otherwise suck.

Just look at Goff. Plus, take a look at Keenum. This coaching staff is that horrendous. They cannot even generate an effective pass rush with Von on one side and Chubb on the other. If Wade had those two.....oh that's right. He did have something like that. He only made it to be the best defense ever here (that is saying something too) which generated a Lombardi.

Elway is a problem. CTE? Jack Daniels? Both? It is something.

underrated29
10-03-2018, 03:39 PM
UR29 is a bastion of knowledge, how dare you point out his flaws after all he's done for you.

Oooooh I like this!

MOtorboat
10-03-2018, 06:06 PM

Stop this. Stop it right now.

Hawgdriver
10-03-2018, 11:22 PM
UR confused Goff with McVay. He highlighted the importance of coaching better than anyone, albeit inadvertently.

Freyaka
10-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Stop this. Stop it right now.

I must have dropped the /s at the end.

dogfish
10-04-2018, 12:20 AM
UR confused Goff with McVay. He highlighted the importance of coaching better than anyone, albeit inadvertently.

UR confused? never!

Hawgdriver
10-04-2018, 12:42 AM
UR confused? never!

I know for sure he's not confused about my address. Right UR? :lol:

underrated29
10-04-2018, 10:52 AM
I know for sure he's not confused about my address. Right UR? :lol:

You are correct. I got a new phone. Im on android and not apple any longer. So I lost all of my messages and everything. I do have the email. Thanks for the reminder!

underrated29
10-04-2018, 10:53 AM
UR confused? never!

Id post a picture rebuttal but I am still confused how to do it.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2018, 12:51 AM

The play fake is part of the timing of the play.