PDA

View Full Version : The disquiet we all feel

Hawgdriver
09-24-2018, 12:42 AM
“We gotta move and disguise better,” Harris said. “We’re not tricking anybody right now. They know exactly what’s coming.”

If Chris knows it's sideways and spits it so plain, he's just saying what we all know.

Go Broncos.

spikerman
09-24-2018, 05:24 AM
If Chris knows it's sideways and spits it so plain, he's just saying what we all know.

Go Broncos.
I’m going to guess that there’s some tension in the locker room.

BORDERLINE
09-24-2018, 08:22 AM
The CB position took a major hit with moving Talib. The bigger hit I would say is not having that 3rd CB. No depth. Pac-Man is ok but let’s not kid ourselves. The secondary is being coaches to their overall ability. CHJR is used to playing at a top tier level his peers not so much. It’s one game. Bad penalties and QB play plus offensive play calling in the red zone lead to that. The KC game is what it is. If we sit at 2-2 with at least improvement we should continue to build.

Hawgdriver
09-24-2018, 08:39 AM
I'm not going to get emo about an ugly loss. It happens. On to KC.

But when the pro's pro calls out the D coord, something's gotta give. Hope VJ figures out how to clownshoe Reid and Mahomes.

Hawgdriver
09-24-2018, 08:40 AM
The CB position took a major hit with moving Talib. The bigger hit I would say is not having that 3rd CB. No depth. Pac-Man is ok but let’s not kid ourselves. The secondary is being coaches to their overall ability. CHJR is used to playing at a top tier level his peers not so much. It’s one game. Bad penalties and QB play plus offensive play calling in the red zone lead to that. The KC game is what it is. If we sit at 2-2 with at least improvement we should continue to build.

3d CB wasn't why we lost to Baltimore.

Hawgdriver
09-24-2018, 08:42 AM
But we should have kept Talib. Maybe that tells us something that Talib and Woods/VJ didn't mesh.

Ziggy
09-24-2018, 09:11 AM
But we should have kept Talib. Maybe that tells us something that Talib and Woods/VJ didn't mesh.

The Broncos had to clean out the locker room because they don't have a coach that's competent enough to handle strong personalities. So far VJ has cost us Wade, Talib, Cousins, and who knows who else.

Elevation inc
09-24-2018, 09:39 AM
The Broncos had to clean out the locker room because they don't have a coach that's competent enough to handle strong personalities. So far VJ has cost us Wade, Talib, Cousins, and who knows who else.

I just cant figure out why the hell our Db's are playing off the ball so far, one play roby was like 14 yds from LOS....if that's coaching wtf......and harris didn't exactly ball out yesterday either, sounds like coaching could be the issue.....if it doesn't get fixed the KC game is gonna be a nightmare...

BroncoJoe
09-24-2018, 09:45 AM
I just cant figure out why the hell our Db's are playing off the ball so far, one play roby was like 14 yds from LOS....if that's coaching wtf......and harris didn't exactly ball out yesterday either, sounds like coaching could be the issue.....if it doesn't get fixed the KC game is gonna be a nightmare...

I noticed early in the game they were pressing the LOS. It was after another injury where they started playing off. I could be mistaken...

Elevation inc
09-24-2018, 09:52 AM
I noticed early in the game they were pressing the LOS. It was after another injury where they started playing off. I could be mistaken...

it just seemed most of the completions were against soft coverage....

Freyaka
09-24-2018, 10:00 AM
I’m going to guess that there’s some tension in the locker room.

I don't think VJ ever won the locker room back. He lost them last year, he's still lost them. Things are going to go south pretty quickly in the next few weeks. We're going to lose the next three games, VJ will hopefully be gone not long after.

Freyaka
09-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Both the KC and LAR games are going to be 59-14 level embarrassment...

Shazam!
09-24-2018, 10:04 AM

Both the KC and LAR games are going to be 59-14 level embarrassment...

I believe the Broncos have a chance in taht game. KC defense should be ran on all over the place

wayninja
09-24-2018, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure it's so much the disquiet that I feel than it is a fretful foreboding.

LawDog
09-24-2018, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure it's so much the disquiet that I feel than it is a fretful foreboding.

When it gets to a gnawing sense of dread...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2018, 10:54 AM

Go Broncos.

He has looked visibly upset with assignments this year.

Which side of the ball was he referring to with this quote?

Freyaka
09-24-2018, 10:57 AM

He was referring to the defense

wayninja
09-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Maybe he was just yanking our collective chains.

Buff
09-24-2018, 11:01 AM
This is supposed to be the area of strength. We have the best pass rusher in the league, the best slot DB in the league, a defensive head coach and a "sought after" defensive coordinator (allegedly).

So when the defense has looked the way it has the last two weeks - that's even more alarming than, say, an offensive line that can't block or a QB who throws too many INTs, or a high dollar punter who can't punt.

Where is this team supposed to hang its hat? What is its strength?

Hawgdriver
09-24-2018, 12:01 PM

I'm still at disquiet. Get yourself together man.

Hawgdriver
09-24-2018, 12:02 PM

There's a write-up at MHR. He said the opposing offenses don't have difficult problems to solve.

BeefStew25
09-24-2018, 12:02 PM
This is supposed to be the area of strength. We have the best pass rusher in the league, the best slot DB in the league, a defensive head coach and a "sought after" defensive coordinator (allegedly).

So when the defense has looked the way it has the last two weeks - that's even more alarming than, say, an offensive line that can't block or a QB who throws too many INTs, or a high dollar punter who can't punt.

Kick and punt blocking

wayninja
09-24-2018, 12:03 PM
I was going to say punting, but our expensive punter who looked like a stud in preseason has suddenly looked really mediocre.

Mediocre is an upgrade though.

MOtorboat
09-24-2018, 12:04 PM

Joseph saw that too. He thinks it’s puzzling.

Shazam!
09-24-2018, 12:16 PM

Who is looking for Joe Woods?

Hawgdriver
09-24-2018, 12:18 PM

The 2018 Broncos.

Buff
09-24-2018, 12:22 PM

Well the way the promotion was sold to us is that he was a hot d-coordinator commodity across the NFL and it was important to keep him. Of course nobody believes that anymore - but that's what they sold us.

Ziggy
09-24-2018, 01:01 PM

Guaranteed high draft picks during the VJ era? That's about all I can come up with at this point.

turftoad
09-24-2018, 01:54 PM
Why are we not rushing the effing passer?
We have one of the best pass rushes in the league and not letting them go.

Yes our secondary is young but no DB can cover for ever.
Get in the damn opposing QB's face for crying loud. That would solve a lot of problems.
We are supposed to have an attacking defense.
It's on the game plan as far as I can see,

Freyaka
09-24-2018, 02:11 PM
Why are we not rushing the effing passer?
We have one of the best pass rushes in the league and not letting them go.

Yes our secondary is young but no DB can cover for ever.
Get in the damn opposing QB's face for crying loud. That would solve a lot of problems.
We are supposed to have an attacking defense.
It's on the game plan as far as I can see,

We were rushing the passer. But our dudes were getting MAULED out there and not a single hold was called. Trust me, the front 7 was trying, but it's hard to get to the QB when holding is fair game for the opponent, but not for you.

wayninja
09-24-2018, 05:03 PM
We were rushing the passer. But our dudes were getting MAULED out there and not a single hold was called. Trust me, the front 7 was trying, but it's hard to get to the QB when holding is fair game for the opponent, but not for you.

This is true. They didn't hesitate to call holding multiple times on us. Not a single holding call on the Ravens against Ray, Miller, and Chubb. Seems legit.

Jsteve01
09-24-2018, 05:45 PM

Shades of the great Bob Slowik....ugh

Jsteve01
09-24-2018, 05:49 PM
As i said earlier, my west slope guy musgrave is doing as well as can be expected with creative play calling and will soon be once again the best coach on a bad staff who gets fired. I feel for the guy

Poet
09-24-2018, 06:14 PM
The DB's need to just line up how they used to. VJ is a weakling - he's not benching CHJ or Roby.

Jsteve01
09-24-2018, 06:19 PM
The DB's need to just line up how they used to. VJ is a weakling - he's not benching CHJ or Roby.

We are a physical press man team. This off man is worse than what we were running in the mid 2000s

Poet
09-24-2018, 06:21 PM
We are a physical press man team. This off man is worse than what we were running in the mid 2000s

Sometimes you just gotta disrespect authority. This is why we got rid of Talib. Talib is a grown man and he's not scared of coaches. But he got along with Wade and Belichick. It's frustrating that we are where we are.

dogfish
09-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Sometimes you just gotta disrespect authority. This is why we got rid of Talib. Talib is a grown man and he's not scared of coaches. But he got along with Wade and Belichick. It's frustrating that we are where we are.

13 more games, tops. . .

Poet
09-24-2018, 06:27 PM
13 more games, tops. . .

I've experience worse. Still crapola washed down with a shitty-cola.

Nomad
09-24-2018, 07:01 PM
I've experience worse. Still crapola washed down with a shitty diet coke.

Yep.

Canmore
09-24-2018, 07:10 PM

Exactly what I was going to say.

Canmore
09-24-2018, 07:11 PM

Maybe because their competent.

MOtorboat
09-24-2018, 07:14 PM

This is one of the things that has bothered me the most, in terms of coaching, this season. Joseph addressed this in one of his mid-week press conferences and either threw Woods, or threw the defensive backs under the bus by saying he felt they were playing too soft.

The problem with his comments, after another game, are threefold.

1.) There's a disconnect between the defensive backs and the coaches, or there's a disconnect between the head coach and the defensive coordinator.

2.) The problem persisted only a few days later.

3.) He apparently doesn't carry enough weight to step in and overrule or fix what he clearly sees as a problem, whether the disconnect is with the defensive backs or the defensive coordinator.

Hawgdriver
09-25-2018, 11:01 PM

Redacted.

Poet
09-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Redacted.

I don't agree with redacting it. -We either got rid of him because he didn't mesh with bad coaches which isn't a good reason because why keep bad coaches, or we got rid of him to afford Veldheer, who is also older and injury prone.

It's just one of those things. IDK. It still strikes me as wrong to get rid of him.

Hawgdriver
09-25-2018, 11:19 PM
I don't agree with redacting it. -We either got rid of him because he didn't mesh with bad coaches which isn't a good reason because why keep bad coaches, or we got rid of him to afford Veldheer, who is also older and injury prone.

It's just one of those things. IDK. It still strikes me as wrong to get rid of him.

The Broncos moved in a different direction.
Now we are here.

Elevation inc
09-26-2018, 08:54 AM
all the DB's have loved woods, and stated how much they loved him, and joseph is complaining about the DB's being soft so who the f is at fault lol...I'm stumped. is it the secondary coach? I think it would be even worse if talib was still here. I haven't seen roby play this soft his entire time in Denver. WTF is going on......someone call the Denver PD to invetsigate

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 09:09 AM
all the DB's have loved woods, and stated how much they loved him, and joseph is complaining about the DB's being soft so who the f is at fault lol...I'm stumped. is it the secondary coach? I think it would be even worse if talib was still here. I haven't seen roby play this soft his entire time in Denver. WTF is going on......someone call the Denver PD to invetsigate

If you believe that, then you haven't been listening to what Chris Harris has to say.

Elevation inc
09-26-2018, 09:18 AM
If you believe that, then you haven't been listening to what Chris Harris has to say.

No I heard his quotes, but he was beloved as the secondary coach for the techniques he gave in press man as a coach this was back in 2015/2016....so I'm not sure what the deal is....maybe he really is out of his league and that's why Harris said what he did.....

wayninja
09-26-2018, 09:41 AM
Maybe it's time for Harris to move to safety.

BroncoNut
09-26-2018, 09:43 AM
speak for yourselves, I like who I am

Shazam!
09-26-2018, 10:23 AM
Maybe it's time for Harris to move to safety.

With Champ Bailey huh lol

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 10:28 AM

Wonder if ole Champ has been keeping himself in football shape.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 11:33 AM
I think Woods lacks confidence in the corners we have now, except for Chris.

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 11:50 AM
I think Woods lacks confidence in the corners we have now, except for Chris.

As well he should...

BeefStew25
09-26-2018, 11:50 AM
I think we are an 8-8 team and I still feel that.

I also think Mahomes is ready for a big **** up game.

Freyaka
09-26-2018, 11:56 AM
I think we are an 8-8 team and I still feel that.

I also think Mahomes is ready for a big **** up game.

Well, if it comes vs us (doubt it) their defense is bottom ranked against the pass.

It'd be a good game for Case to pull his head out of his rectum and play like some of us hoped he would coming into this.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Press/media person: “Mr Woods can you explain why you don’t play press man?”

Woods, “have you seen our secondary?”

wayninja
09-26-2018, 12:45 PM

The joke was shitty enough without you explaining it.

Shazam!
09-26-2018, 01:04 PM

The joke was shitty enough without you explaining it.

I was expanding it

MOtorboat
09-26-2018, 01:08 PM
I was expanding it

Don’t explain the joke.

Jsteve01
09-26-2018, 04:55 PM
I was expanding it

Don’t explain the joke. this

dogfish
09-26-2018, 08:41 PM
never explain the joke. . .

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 08:04 AM
I think we win Monday.

Valar Morghulis
09-27-2018, 11:47 AM
I think we win Monday.

As in, we lose so bad, VJ gets sacked?

Freyaka
09-27-2018, 11:50 AM

That would be a "win" I could happily get behind.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 12:29 PM

No. We win. Because it’s the Nfl and nothing makes sense.

And because I’m the number one fan.

Valar Morghulis
09-27-2018, 12:49 PM
No. We win. Because it’s the Nfl and nothing makes sense.

And because I’m the number one fan.

congrats on bestowing that honor on yourself!

what number am i?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2018, 01:03 PM

what number am i?

#3, because it’s an odd number.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 01:04 PM

what number am i?

6. With tons of upside.

slim
09-27-2018, 01:06 PM
I think we win Monday.

Someone explain this joke.

Valar Morghulis
09-27-2018, 01:07 PM
6. With tons of upside.

thanks layne

MOtorboat
09-27-2018, 01:08 PM
6. With tons of upside.

Is it time for an update?

dogfish
09-27-2018, 01:12 PM
dave, you'll always be #2 in our hearts. . .

Valar Morghulis
09-27-2018, 01:13 PM
dave, you'll always be #2 in our hearts. . .

are you calling me a turd. If so, well played.

It was low hanging fruit, but well played nonetheless

Freyaka
09-27-2018, 02:05 PM
are you calling me a turd. If so, well played.

It was low hanging fruit, but well played nonetheless

From what I've heard, you prefer the low hanging stuff.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 02:06 PM

Your negativity is horrible.

Hawgdriver
09-27-2018, 06:36 PM

@Shazam

Hawgdriver
09-27-2018, 06:38 PM
Is it time for an update?

I felt some more disquiet this morning, but I think the MSG in Doritos is the culprit. Those damn chips always mess with me for some reason, but I eat them like it's no one's business.

But lmk if you felt it too.

MOtorboat
09-27-2018, 06:39 PM
I felt some more disquiet this morning, but I think the MSG in Doritos is the culprit. Those damn chips always mess with me for some reason, but I eat them like it's no one's business.

But lmk if you felt it too.

Are you high?

Hawgdriver
09-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Are you high?

Negative. I'm not really a fan of that, I've discovered.

The disquiet passed, you should know.

MOtorboat
09-27-2018, 06:43 PM
Negative. I'm not really a fan of that, I've discovered.

That’s good <questionmark>

wayninja
09-27-2018, 07:33 PM

Replaced by a contemplative malaise?

slim
09-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Your negativity is horrible.

Negative

slim
09-27-2018, 07:58 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what swag can do. I am positive he should be playing.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 08:00 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what swag can do. I am positive he should be playing.

That’s emo lash out. Stop it.

slim
09-27-2018, 08:35 PM
That’s emo lash out. Stop it.

I kill you with truth.

MOtorboat
09-27-2018, 08:42 PM

What if “swag” sucks dick? What then?

Wait. Never mind.

BeefStew25
09-27-2018, 09:20 PM
I kill you with truth.

The NFL doesn’t make sense. That means we win. Watch.

Ground Control
09-27-2018, 11:01 PM
I think the team looked bad in the last game. I also believe the team has tons of talented players but the coaching should be better. Musgrave is a good to great play caller and solid coordinator but he rightfully gave Keenum control on the field, so his influence is bound to him. Keenum must calm the f down and be the A+ manager that he is, as apposed to some savior type he is behaving like he is. He is the dirty scrapper that can lead us to many 4th quarter comebacks in the future. He is maybe even a leader on the level of Manning but he is not the QB and defense reading god that Manning was. If he manages and throws in rhythm, while feeding our 2 badass rookie RBs, he will make the chunk plays happen and surprise the league again.

I've given VJ the benefit of the doubt and he deserved it, given the mess he was handed last year by Elway. He's wearing big boy shoes now though. He can be a good HC, despite his record as DC. He has the attitude and knowledge but he needs to reign in Woods. Woods is not a horrible clone of Wade Phillips but he lacks vision and adaptability. He may gain it with guidance, or not, but for now VJ should take over play calling on defense. All coaches, starting with VJ, need to take the team by the horns and lead! Baltimore could very well be a reasonable loss but we lost by being out of control. That is (the lack of) coaching.

And yeah, the secondary. 'Nuff said there. Disquiet indeed.

slim
09-28-2018, 07:32 AM
What if “swag” sucks dick? What then?

Wait. Never mind.

Then North will be his biggest fan?

slim
09-28-2018, 07:32 AM
The NFL doesn’t make sense. That means we win. Watch.

That would be glorious. From your keyboard to God's ears.

Hawgdriver
09-28-2018, 07:46 AM
Check your dicktion please, gents. This thread has high standards.

Broncoknight30
09-28-2018, 08:13 AM

What is even worse is they play way off while they are sending 5 or more. That makes NO SENSE. That is when they need to play tight. Theoretically, the QB will only have hot routes.

I heard the commentators even pointing this out. Btw, that is very basic elementary stuff and this staff does not even get that.

That challenge they made against Baltimore for a half a yard of field position is all I needed. That was the last straw for me.

This staff is beyond incompetent. This could get really really ugly and embarrassing Monday night.

Jsteve01
09-28-2018, 11:21 AM

What is even worse is they play way off while they are sending 5 or more. That makes NO SENSE. That is when they need to play tight. Theoretically, the QB will only have hot routes.

I heard the commentators even pointing this out. Btw, that is very basic elementary stuff and this staff does not even get that.

That challenge they made against Baltimore for a half a yard of field position is all I needed. That was the last straw for me.

This staff is beyond incompetent. This could get really really ugly and embarrassing Monday night.

All time great coach with the best weapons he has had on offense vs this secondary and stuff. Disquiet aint the word at this point. But beef i am truly grateful for your level head in this matter. It is the league. We do have Von and it is a divisional game. Anything could happen

wayninja
09-28-2018, 11:31 AM
I agree that disquiet isn't the right word. More of an ennui.

Valar Morghulis
09-28-2018, 12:07 PM
The disquiet i feel makes me want to make myself a Enoch by simply ripping off my own genitalia. Not sure if that is disquiet or not.

wayninja
09-28-2018, 12:12 PM
The disquiet i feel makes me want to make myself a Enoch by simply ripping off my own genitalia. Not sure if that is disquiet or not.

Makes you want to be a biblical descendant of Noah?

That is disquieting indeed.

MOtorboat
09-28-2018, 12:26 PM
This thread is dark. It’s just football, people.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-28-2018, 12:47 PM

“Eunuch “

wayninja
09-28-2018, 12:49 PM
It’s just football, people.

Now with more genitalia ripping!

MOtorboat
09-28-2018, 12:50 PM
Now with more genitalia ripping!

You should see what he says in the lounge!

#killinghookers

Poet
09-28-2018, 12:59 PM
It begins with the head coach. Then it goes to the QB. Then it goes to the man that made those moves happen...and that's where we feel the tension.

Valar Morghulis
09-28-2018, 12:59 PM
Lol. I like how people habe a problem with my typo, but understand the appropriateness of the sentiment

Shazam!
09-28-2018, 01:04 PM
It begins with the head coach. Then it goes to the QB. Then it goes to the man that made those moves happen...and that's where we feel the tension.

If Kubes wad Coach last year he alone woould have pulled them to 8x8. When you have a team with holes AND a horrific head coach, there is a major problem.

wayninja
09-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Lol. I like how people habe a problem with my typo, but understand the appropriateness of the sentiment

I have no issue with either, you androgynous desert wanderer.

wayninja
09-28-2018, 01:55 PM
I dub thee Enoch, of the tribe that takes circumcision way too far!

Valar Morghulis
09-28-2018, 01:57 PM
I dub thee Enoch, of the tribe that takes circumcision way too far!

LMAO

Your comments are cracking me up.

Good game sir

Poet
09-28-2018, 01:58 PM
LMAO

Your comments are cracking me up.

Good game air

He's a treasure.

wayninja
09-28-2018, 03:18 PM
This is one of my favorite threads of all time. It's my solace against the petty anxieties of modern living. When feeling overwhelmed by the solicitude of events beyond my control, I come to this thread for comfort and guidance.

Hawgdriver
09-28-2018, 04:11 PM
This is one of my favorite threads of all time. It's my solace against the petty anxieties of modern living. When feeling overwhelmed by the solicitude of events beyond my control, I come to this thread for comfort and guidance.

A nexus of ontology and anxiety. The 2018 Broncos defense.

wayninja
09-28-2018, 04:16 PM
A solipsism of introspection and effort in vain. Broncos@2018.

Jsteve01
09-28-2018, 04:25 PM
A solipsism of introspection and effort in vain. Broncos@2018.

Bwahaha...youve been on point again my friend. Well played

LawDog
09-29-2018, 10:19 AM
Dave, please change the comment under your user name to “just a little off the tip”. TIA

LawDog
09-29-2018, 10:21 AM
I sent Radio a book - “How to Un**** Yourself for Dummies”. Hope it helps.

Nomad
09-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Poor James Robert Kennedy. He's offended being compared to VJ. :D

dogfish
09-29-2018, 12:11 PM
this thread is like a nadir of gnostic narcissism. . .

wayninja
09-29-2018, 01:52 PM
A sophic fishbowl where only the ebullient swim.

Poet
09-29-2018, 10:27 PM
If Kubes wad Coach last year he alone woould have pulled them to 8x8. When you have a team with holes AND a horrific head coach, there is a major problem.

Kubes is a horrible head coach.

Valar Morghulis
09-29-2018, 11:48 PM

I agree in a way, but he is a great leader, can manage difficult personalities and make tough calls.

There is no way a punt returner would fumble multiple times in a kubes ran team, with a team as talented as ours, little things like that would make a big difference

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2018, 11:51 PM

Is that why Siemian went 9-7?

Poet
09-29-2018, 11:55 PM

Stop. You know better. The defense was on it's last gasp of being elite. We also got a couple miracle wins, including the one against the Saints with the blocked kick. Kubiak lost his offenisve magic years ago and the defense ran by Phillips carried him. Kubiak the supposed offensive guru couldn't fix any of the offensive issues, either. He's a long time Bronco and beloved. That doesn't make him good. The fact that Kubiak loves loser QB's like Keenum is another indictment on his character. JE, by keeping Kubiak around, holds the franchise back because we never seem to move on.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2018, 12:20 AM
No.

Valar Morghulis
09-30-2018, 12:24 AM
Stop. You know better. The defense was on it's last gasp of being elite. We also got a couple miracle wins, including the one against the Saints with the blocked kick. Kubiak lost his offenisve magic years ago and the defense ran by Phillips carried him. Kubiak the supposed offensive guru couldn't fix any of the offensive issues, either. He's a long time Bronco and beloved. That doesn't make him good. The fact that Kubiak loves loser QB's like Keenum is another indictment on his character. JE, by keeping Kubiak around, holds the franchise back because we never seem to move on.

I do love kubes, but there is very little that I can disagree with here (when looked at without emotion or bias). I think this is a brutal but good critical analysis.

Jsteve01
09-30-2018, 02:20 AM

But that said he was huge in the draft this year

Shazam!
09-30-2018, 06:32 AM
I believe Kubiak was provided one of the worst OLines in the League, which is personnel provided by Elway.

Kubes is a genius compared to VJ.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2018, 07:38 AM
I believe Kubiak was provided one of the worst OLines in the League, which is personnel provided by Elway.

I think he hid a lot of the deficiencies of the offense.

Shazam!
09-30-2018, 07:49 AM

I think he hid a lot of the deficiencies of the offense.

He most definitely did, so he had nothing to do with winning the SB? Sure he had Wade operating an incredible Defense, but he kept the team together as Manning was broken (broken by a horrific OLine).

After VJ's incompetence and lack of prep for the job, how people are still criticizing Kubiak is shortsighted. I dont get it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2018, 07:51 AM
I do love kubes, but there is very little that I can disagree with here (when looked at without emotion or bias). I think this is a brutal but good critical analysis.

It’s a good analysis if you ignore the fact the defense was in the bottom third of the league against the run that year. It was still good against the pass, but it was not an elite defense.

Shazam!
09-30-2018, 07:58 AM
Kubiak is a friggin world beater compared to VJ and a key for Manning winning a title in his final year. He helped the Broncos win it all. We wpuld have been haunted had Manning not won here (a la KC with Joe Cool in the 90s). I cannot understand the constant bashing, especially when his replacement isnt HC material in this League.

But then again one of his biggest critics here is a Bengals fan so...

Poet
09-30-2018, 09:34 AM

Kubiak was billed as a guy who could install his system and find the right guys to make the blocking work. It got worse after Manning left, i.e. Manning was actually holding the line together. Kubiak's saving grace and insight was hiring Phillips. We were told that "Kubiak gets good TE production out of guys who aren't that talented," and "the run game will flourish under him," and "the line will block better," "He's fixed so many bad offenses before." Then when none of that happened we won a SB because of the defense so it was 'all good' until the next year we were floundering again on offense.

And I don't want to hear a damn thing about "well he was stuck with TS," when Kubiak was the reason we drafted TS - in fact he was so married to TS that after the last game against Oakland Kubiak noted that he was supposed to split playing time at the QB position but got caught up in the moment, in a meaningless game nonetheless. TS was a Kubiak guy through and through.

Poet
09-30-2018, 09:35 AM
It’s a good analysis if you ignore the fact the defense was in the bottom third of the league against the run that year. It was still good against the pass, but it was not an elite defense.

It still got sacks, turnovers, held teams to respectable point totals and scored game winning touchdowns. You ever think that maybe the run defense was worse than it should have been because Kubiak's offense was a three-and-out machine? Or are we ignoring that, too?

Poet
09-30-2018, 09:43 AM
Yes, Kubiak is superior to VJ. Who cares? That's like being able to beat me in a foot race. #lowstandards

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2018, 09:44 AM
It still got sacks, turnovers, held teams to respectable point totals and scored game winning touchdowns. You ever think that maybe the run defense was worse than it should have been because Kubiak's offense was a three-and-out machine? Or are we ignoring that, too?

That’s part of it, and the other part of it is they lost 3 starters from their front 7. They simply weren’t as good.

Poet
09-30-2018, 09:46 AM
That’s part of it, and the other part of it is they lost 3 starters from their front 7. They simply weren’t as good.

Of course they weren't as good! It would have been nice for the offense of the so-called mastermind Kubiak to produce! He couldn't do it! Because he wasn't any good anymore! More exclamation points! !
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Shazam!
09-30-2018, 09:53 AM

Kubiak was billed as a guy who could install his system and find the right guys to make the blocking work. It got worse after Manning left, i.e. Manning was actually holding the line together. Kubiak's saving grace and insight was hiring Phillips. We were told that "Kubiak gets good TE production out of guys who aren't that talented," and "the run game will flourish under him," and "the line will block better," "He's fixed so many bad offenses before." Then when none of that happened we won a SB because of the defense so it was 'all good' until the next year we were floundering again on offense.

And I don't want to hear a damn thing about "well he was stuck with TS," when Kubiak was the reason we drafted TS - in fact he was so married to TS that after the last game against Oakland Kubiak noted that he was supposed to split playing time at the QB position but got caught up in the moment, in a meaningless game nonetheless. TS was a Kubiak guy through and through.

It's the OLine bro. How could any QB function under duress like that? See 1st play of preseason last year it was a sign of things to come.

dogfish
09-30-2018, 11:36 AM
lolol. . . king gonna king. . . that 2016 offense had the worst talent imaginable. . . bill friggin' walsh couldn't have done squat with that group. . .

Shazam!
09-30-2018, 11:37 AM
lolol. . . king gonna king. . . that 2016 offense had the worst talent imaginable. . . bill friggin' walsh couldn't have done squat with that group. . .

DT and Sanders hurt, no 3rd WR, no TE, no OLine and it's a surprise they were terrible? Still struggling now.

Jsteve01
09-30-2018, 02:25 PM
And again. Kubiak had his hands all over this draft so at some level whether his coaching had deteriorated. All the hate is a little unfair kinger

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Of course they weren't as good! It would have been nice for the offense of the so-called mastermind Kubiak to produce! He couldn't do it! Because he wasn't any good anymore! More exclamation points! !
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

No.

Shazam!
09-30-2018, 03:14 PM
With few exceptions teams do NOT lose their HoF QB and a bunch of players and maintain greatness. MontanaxYoung, FarvexRodgers are two examples of teams with elite replacements. The problem is VJ and the Staff that makes it worse. A mediocre team can be dragged across by a good Coach. Denver is a mediocre team now with a piss poor Coach who was not ready. Bad combination.

Colorado4Life
09-30-2018, 06:53 PM

Poet
09-30-2018, 08:01 PM
With few exceptions teams do NOT lose their HoF QB and a bunch of players and maintain greatness. MontanaxYoung, FarvexRodgers are two examples of teams with elite replacements. The problem is VJ and the Staff that makes it worse. A mediocre team can be dragged across by a good Coach. Denver is a mediocre team now with a piss poor Coach who was not ready. Bad combination.

Great - that doesn't mean Kubiak is a good coach, and PFM wasn't a good QB in his last season, either. If Kubiak needed PFM to mask every single deficiency on offense, and he couldn't fix any (it got worse as time went on) issues in two years then exactly what was he doing? Yeah, VJ is awful. But VJ isn't linked to Kubiak.

Poet
09-30-2018, 08:02 PM
And again. Kubiak had his hands all over this draft so at some level whether his coaching had deteriorated. All the hate is a little unfair kinger

So because he might have helped with a good draft it means he's a good coach? Well Kubiak brought Elway Keenum so even if we accept your theory what's that say?

Poet
09-30-2018, 08:05 PM

Yes, I'm going to give the most logical take that's factually based and it's going to be ignored by people who prefer a beautiful lie.

Two seasons. The offense was putrid. He gets a pass on one because of a SB. Then he gets a pass on the second season because somehow getting more of 'his guys' alleviates responsibility. I'm wasn't asking him to give us the greatest show on turf. But two seasons for, oh I don't know, some improvement or even dare I invoke mediocrity would have been nice.

If you guys want to somehow cling to an 'offensive guru' whose offenses contributed nothing while hanging onto the coattails of a historic defense and then a very strong defense go ahead. I hear some really bad arguments every day boys, I'm not offended.

Poet
09-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Let these boys live, King!

Poet
09-30-2018, 08:22 PM
Let these boys live, King!

You need to calm down and be more respectful! This is how you talk to your friends!??!

Jsteve01
10-01-2018, 11:33 AM

So because he might have helped with a good draft it means he's a good coach? Well Kubiak brought Elway Keenum so even if we accept your theory what's that say?

Im not saying it makes him a great coach. Im just saying all his personnel moves arent terrible. And he did do a fantastic job managing the roster and letting wade do his thing during 2015. It aint all xs and os my man

Poet
10-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Im not saying it makes him a great coach. Im just saying all his personnel moves arent terrible. And he did do a fantastic job managing the roster and letting wade do his thing during 2015. It aint all xs and os my man

This is a weak argument. His personnel moves did what? And he 'managed the roster'?

I would hope he would let the defensive mastermind do his actual job.

Goodness. ******* homers, man.

wayninja
10-01-2018, 01:35 PM
This is a weak argument. His personnel moves did what? And he 'managed the roster'?

I know, right? Win a superbowl and everyone suddenly thinks you are good. Crazy ass homers.

Poet
10-01-2018, 01:37 PM
I know, right? Win a superbowl and everyone suddenly thinks you are good. Crazy ass homers.

Yes, because it was the strength of the offense that carried the day for us and the offense definitely didn't get worse and wor... And he definitely left the Texans riding high on a crazy streak of perfor...

Well, at least after the SB he fixed the offense and we looked pretty go...

Krugan
10-01-2018, 01:51 PM
nothing good to add here:(

Jsteve01
10-01-2018, 01:51 PM

It isnt a weak argument. I manage people. Which in effect makes the scope of my reaponsibilities big picture type stuff. So lets say my warehouse is constantly outperforming my sales team. Long term maybe i need better sales people. Maybe theyve maxed out their abilities. In the short term. I have to get them to perform to their best while also keeping my warehouse from being frustrated with our sales team. That my friend aint easy.

Kubes had to manage the egos of a future hof qb with much diminished skills and a backup who had played out of his head. All while somehow convincing the all world defense to continue carrying the lackluster offense on its back. You keep acting like Kubes pushing for us to draft Tevor was this horrid personnel move. From the way you paint it you would think we had used a 2nd rounder on him. We used a 7th on a guy who is still on an nfl roster. The problem was we also drafted lynch and signed Sanchez. Two other shitty qb.

wayninja
10-01-2018, 01:54 PM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/d987445a037766da5277d72ac5e63f00/tumblr_n2w7i19mbR1qakh43o3_250.gif

Jsteve01
10-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Yes, because it was the strength of the offense that carried the day for us and the offense definitely didn't get worse and wor... And he definitely left the Texans riding high on a crazy streak of perfor...

Well, at least after the SB he fixed the offense and we looked pretty go...

He was head coach for 2 years. One with Peyton and one with Trev. Who gave him that roster? John did. We under invested in the line and had several consecutive shitty drafts. The roster was pretty bare

Poet
10-01-2018, 01:57 PM
He had two years to improve the roster (we know he had a lot of input) and Trevor was a guy that he asked for.

If Kubiak had stuck around we'd just be watching his final season in Denver, assuming he didn't get fired last year. He got out while the getting was good.

Poet
10-01-2018, 01:57 PM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/d987445a037766da5277d72ac5e63f00/tumblr_n2w7i19mbR1qakh43o3_250.gif

I love you.

wayninja
10-01-2018, 01:58 PM
I won't blame Kubiak for getting rid of Tebow. He had no choice but to play trigga trev.

Poet
10-01-2018, 01:58 PM
nothing good to add here:(

Your presence is good. We love you.