PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 2 (Raiders week)

VonDoom
09-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Figured I'd start this early since the Broncos made a couple of roster moves today. Oh, and Raiders suck!

https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/1039270842381873155

VonDoom
09-10-2018, 06:16 PM
https://twitter.com/jeff_legwold/status/1039290516154724352?s=21

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2018, 07:15 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos waived wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie and released wide receiver River Cracraft from the practice squad on Monday, the team announced.

Wide receiver and 2017 third-round pick Carlos Henderson will take Cracraft’s spot on the practice squad. Henderson was reinstated from the Practice Squad/Suspended list on Monday.

Henderson spent training camp on the team's Reserve/Did Not Report list, but he will now have a chance to work with the Broncos.

rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-waive-isaiah-mckenzie-make-pair-of-practice-squad-moves

BeefStew25
09-10-2018, 10:26 PM
I love Henderson.

underrated29
09-11-2018, 12:19 AM
Makes sense. I wonder if this means we see less and less of Lindsey on ST........

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2018, 10:23 AM
It’s Raider week!

HORSEPOWER 56
09-11-2018, 10:39 AM
So we are bringing back Shark Thomas and putting Carlos Henderson on the PS full time while cutting McKenzie and Cracraft? Did I decipher that right?

Cugel
09-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Well, at least we don't have to be worried about seeing Isiah McKenzie returning punts this season! :beer:

As for Carlos Henderson, clearly he's a very promising athlete with some head issues - and I haven't seen even any speculation as to what they are, but something about his "personal issues" kept him out of the pre-season. He's lucky to be back on the practice squad. He will need at least 1 more year of development before we see whether he can make the 53 man roster.

"“I think for Carlos, it’s more off the field," Joseph said. "I want to see Carlos grow up. I want to see Carlos do NFL things—have great meetings, have great practices, have great days in the weight room. Just do those things first for us. Obviously, the football player Carlos, he’s talented, so that part I don’t worry about. I want him to grow up and become a pro. If he does that, he’ll be fine.”

Obviously, that doesn't always happen. Exhibit "A" - Paxton Lynch, who is still out of football. There hasn't been a 1st round QB who crashed out of the league this hard since JaWalrus Russell.

The moves are not done for the Broncos as Sunshine will eventually be eligible to come off IR and we'll see what moves they make then.

Cugel
09-11-2018, 10:46 AM
So we are bringing back Shark Thomas and putting Carlos Henderson on the PS full time while cutting McKenzie and Cracraft? Did I decipher that right?

Pretty much nailed it.

"Denver did not make a corresponding roster move after waiving McKenzie.

The Broncos are able to add another player to their active roster before Sunday’s game against the Raiders."

That means they are either looking at the waiver wire, in the process of negotiating or else keeping a roster spot open for somebody, no idea who yet. But, teams don't just roll with 52 men, after agonizing about releasing players in August they don't just give up and have fewer than their allotment of players. So, we can expect further roster moves.

Cugel
09-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Makes sense. I wonder if this means we see less and less of Lindsey on ST........

They have to pull him back. He was a gunner on coverage in game 1. He can't continue to do that if he's going to be a huge part of their 3rd down packages - which he should be. He's the best Broncos receiving RB.

LawDog
09-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Pretty much nailed it.

That means they are either looking at the waiver wire, in the process of negotiating or else keeping a roster spot open for somebody, no idea who yet. But, teams don't just roll with 52 men, after agonizing about releasing players in August they don't just give up and have fewer than their allotment of players. So, we can expect further roster moves.

Only if they have a player in mind to put on the 46 active for game day. If not, they can leave it open for a bit.

underrated29
09-11-2018, 11:51 AM
Well, at least we don't have to be worried about seeing Isiah McKenzie returning punts this season! :beer:

As for Carlos Henderson, clearly he's a very promising athlete with some head issues - and I haven't seen even any speculation as to what they are, but something about his "personal issues" kept him out of the pre-season. He's lucky to be back on the practice squad. He will need at least 1 more year of development before we see whether he can make the 53 man roster.

Obviously, that doesn't always happen. Exhibit "A" - Paxton Lynch, who is still out of football. There hasn't been a 1st round QB who crashed out of the league this hard since JaWalrus Russell.

The moves are not done for the Broncos as Sunshine will eventually be eligible to come off IR and we'll see what moves they make then.

Are you forgetting Johhny Manziel? Brandon Weeden? I am sure there are quite a few more.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
52m52 minutes ago

Broncos' GM John Elway undergoing surgery to repair his injured shoulder today. It's his left, non-throwing shoulder so he's not expected to miss any significant time. #9sports
9 replies 36 retweets 227 likes

VonDoom
09-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Pretty much nailed it.

Shamarko Thomas replaces McKenzie on the active roster, so we’re still at 53. Henderson replaces Cracraft on the PS. And also -

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1039609140983656448?s=21

VonDoom
09-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Also, TV maps will be up tomorrow but expect it to look a lot like last week for non-locals. Most people will get Patriots/Jaguars

Cugel
09-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Are you forgetting Johhny Manziel? Brandon Weeden? I am sure there are quite a few more.

At least they (except Manziel) were named as their team's starters at some point. Manziel never was, but that was because he couldn't stop partying and kept getting in trouble off the field. Paxton had no off-field troubles. He just sucked.

And Branden Weeden is currently backing up DeShaun Watson in Houston, while Paxton is out of the league after 2 seasons.

Cugel
09-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Mike Klis
52m52 minutes ago

Broncos' GM John Elway undergoing surgery to repair his injured shoulder today. It's his left, non-throwing shoulder so he's not expected to miss any significant time. #9sports
9 replies 36 retweets 227 likes

If he can't practice on Friday, or participate in the walk-through on Saturday, will he still be eligible to GM on Sunday?

VonDoom
09-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Kyle Peko released from the PS, which opens up a spot. Nicki Jhabvala suggests McKenzie might end up taking that spot

Cugel
09-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Raider Week Theme Song: "See a Raider fan, flip him off. Or wind up going crazy like David Hasselhof?" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02DXYxuaeo8)

I don't know. It has a certain something, but it needs work.

slim
09-11-2018, 07:12 PM
At least they (except Manziel) were named as their team's starters at some point. Manziel never was, but that was because he couldn't stop partying and kept getting in trouble off the field. Paxton had no off-field troubles. He just sucked.

And Branden Weeden is currently backing up DeShaun Watson in Houston, while Paxton is out of the league after 2 seasons.

How did you make it through law school?

Hawgdriver
09-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Substance abuse is not a joke.

slim
09-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Substance abuse is not a joke.

They (except substance) are a joke.

Hawgdriver
09-11-2018, 07:59 PM
They (except substance) are a joke.

I don't can't parse understand, but it gets a high five because I agree.

When are you coming out to a Broncos game?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Mike Klis
25m25 minutes ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Landon Betsworth

Kyle Peko has been picked up by Buffalo Bills. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Nicki Jhabvala
‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
11m11 minutes ago

The Broncos are signing WR Isaiah McKenzie back to the practice squad, per source.

BeefStew25
09-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Highlights what a tough business the Nfl is. And McKenzie has been nothing but classy.

BroncoJoe
09-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Highlights what a tough business the Nfl is. And McKenzie has been nothing but classy.

I'm glad they brought him back. Kid is explosive and could be a real asset if he can get his fumbleitis under control.

BeefStew25
09-12-2018, 11:33 AM
PAC Man let that one punt go and I though cmon man field that.

But it’s one of those punts he catches running and some dude cleans his clock and he fumbles. Giving up 20 yards was better than not having the ball at all.

Crafty vet. And a solid man off the field.

Hawgdriver
09-12-2018, 11:53 AM
PAC Man let that one punt go and I though cmon man field that.

But it’s one of those punts he catches running and some dude cleans his clock and he fumbles. Giving up 20 yards was better than not having the ball at all.

Crafty vet. And a solid man off the field.

He had an interview on local radio recently.

Good dude.

VonDoom
09-12-2018, 12:48 PM
TV maps are up. As I said yesterday we get the b-game on CBS. Announcers are Greg Gumbel, Trent Green and Bruce Arians

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=2

VonDoom
09-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Time is a flat circle and the Raiders signed Martavis Bryant again. Expect to see him on Sunday

VonDoom
09-12-2018, 02:18 PM
https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/1039949913667203072?s=21

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Mike Klis
21m21 minutes ago

Gruden on Keenum: "What he did in college is unseen the type of production he had. And I told our people a long time ago when I first came here I think the free-agent acquisition in pro football this year is going to be Case Keenum.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
27m27 minutes ago

Carr on Musgrave: “He’s one of the smartest people I’ve ever been around when it comes to analytics numbers and percentages. .. We’ve kept in contact so that shows you how much I care about him. ... Whenever a coach goes somewhere else that’s always hard ... ’’ #9sports

Mike Klis
46m46 minutes ago

Gruden said on top of all problems for Raiders this week a skunk sprayed the locker room. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Troy Renck
‏Verified account @TroyRenck
54m54 minutes ago

#Raiders Gruden said thought top free agent acquisition was @casekeenum. "His personality, his fight, his grit... I am sure his teammates see it. Everyone accuses of liking every quarterback, but I like him" #Denver7

Troy Renck
56m56 minutes ago

#Raiders Gruden said #Broncos' ability to play @VonMiller on weak side makes him more dangerous. Believes Denver might be #NFL's best defense #Denver7

Troy Renck
1h1 hour ago

#Raiders Carr said @astronaut "makes Von more dangerous. You don't want to say it makes him better because that would be scary." #Denver7

VonDoom
09-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Every Broncos player practiced in full. No injuries. Vance Joseph said Loren Landow has been great for the team. “Combination of luck, how we practice and Loren’s program has helped us.”

Troy Renck
@TroyRenck
#Broncos
Joseph said he was impressed how @casekeenum responded to adversity
#Denver7

Troy Renck
@TroyRenck
·
2m
#Broncos
Joseph said they can't walk into Complex Monday without having had great plan to slow down tight end Jared Cook. That position has haunted Broncos
#Denver7

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2018, 03:58 PM
roy Renck Retweeted
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
18m18 minutes ago

The #Raiders have agreed to terms with free agent DT Clinton McDonald, most recently of the #Broncos, per @schwartzfeinsod.

VonDoom
09-12-2018, 04:09 PM
They also just signed Jonathan Hankins as well

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Mike Klis
12h12 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Mike Klis

Marquette King on punting Sunday against Jon Gruden: “Who’s that? I don’t know who you’re talking about.” #9sports

BeefStew25
09-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Shut up idiot punter

Canmore
09-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Shut up idiot punter

Is he liquored up?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Is he liquored up?

That might be entertaining

VonDoom
09-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Per Klis, we released Carlos Henderson again. I wonder what happened this time

Freyaka
09-13-2018, 01:56 PM
I love our punter, if nothing else because Beef thinks he's an idiot, but anyone who throws shade on Gruden is alright in my book.

BeefStew25
09-13-2018, 01:56 PM
I love our punter, if nothing else because Beef thinks he's an idiot, but anyone who throws shade on Gruden is alright in my book.

I hate nazis so that makes sense.

Freyaka
09-13-2018, 02:04 PM
Makes sense that you'd be into self-loathing.

dogfish
09-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Joseph said they can't walk into Complex Monday without having had great plan to slow down tight end Jared Cook. That position has haunted Broncos

hopefully he's not just saying that. . .

#FingersCrossed

Is he liquored up?

pound for pound, he's our most entertaining punter since sauerbrun. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2018, 03:21 PM
Troy Renck
14m14 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph said move to release Henderson "was a football decision" #Denver7

Troy Renck
1h1 hour ago

#Broncos move on from receiver Carlos Henderson after second chance fizzles on practice squad. #Denver7 http://bit.ly/2x5Shb2

VonDoom
09-13-2018, 03:21 PM
Mike Klis‏ @MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago
Derek Wolfe (abdominal) limited. He’ll be fine Joseph said. Domata Peko got a vet day. #9sports

Kyle Fredrickson‏ @kylefredrickson 11m11 minutes ago
Broncos HC Vance Joseph on the release of WR Carlos Henderson: "It's purely a football decision. That's all I can say about that."

Nicki Jhabvala‏ @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago
Bill Musgrave said Joe Gibbs once told him that: “The good quarterbacks know what to do when it’s there. The great quarterbacks know what to do when it’s not there.” It’s a message he’s relayed to Case Keenum.

underrated29
09-13-2018, 03:27 PM

Our punter is a black nazi?

Freyaka
09-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Troy Renck
14m14 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph said move to release Henderson "was a football decision" #Denver7

Troy Renck
1h1 hour ago

#Broncos move on from receiver Carlos Henderson after second chance fizzles on practice squad. #Denver7 http://bit.ly/2x5Shb2

Wait...so we've already cut Henderson again? I'm so confused by this saga lol...

BeefStew25
09-13-2018, 08:30 PM
Wait...so we've already cut Henderson again? I'm so confused by this saga lol...

Why

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2018, 11:44 AM
A little bit ago, Cecil and Pritch said that Booker is now #2 on the Depth Chart

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2018, 11:49 AM
From article -

Donations from the Duke

It's not hard to find a John Elway jersey in this part of the country, but Holliday's jersey was no run-of-the-mill find.

Colorado Rockies

@Rockies

Matt Holliday reached out to get his hands on a throwback @johnelway jersey for The Football Jersey Trip.

When his request came back, he got one to keep and one to wear. So cool!

full article, plus pictures - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/the-squeeze-rockies-rep-the-broncos-for-road-trip

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Troy Renck
4h4 hours ago

With high temps forecasted for Sunday, #Broncos have installed hydration stations throughout the parking lots and surrounding stadium areas. The free hydration stations will be set up Sunday morning. #Denver7

Tned
09-14-2018, 07:35 PM

If EA ran this site, your post would be censored.

slim
09-14-2018, 08:45 PM
A little bit ago, Cecil and Pritch said that Booker is now #2 on the Depth Chart

He has been #2 for awhile :listen:

MOtorboat
09-15-2018, 12:10 AM
He has been #2 for awhile :listen:

I see what you did here.

Nomad
09-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Woohoo!! Game is on here......surprising.

GEM
09-15-2018, 10:34 AM
It's raiders week!

O7lAbpj3kxg

Tned
09-15-2018, 03:18 PM
I hope they use Lindsey like last week, and start to use Butt the way other teams use TE's against us. Considering the type of passer Keenum is, Butt could be a huge security blanket/checkdown receiver, not to mention his ability to run up the seam.

Nomad
09-15-2018, 03:23 PM
It's raiders week!

O7lAbpj3kxg

Samuel L is a favorite of mine. I can't believe how old he is. He's about the same age as my Mom.