PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Phillip Lindsay prepared to make impact in NFL debut

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2018, 06:43 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Phillip Lindsay follows a daily routine.

Wake up. Pinch self.

He is the first player from the Broncos Futures Football Program to reach the NFL. From middle school stalwart to high school standout to University of Colorado star, no one boasts deeper local roots than the running back.

But if you think the Broncos' undrafted free agent remains satisfied, then you don't know Lindsay.

"I want to go out there and do my part, whether it's one play or 10 plays. I want to be explosive," Lindsay told Denver7. "I am looking to make an impact on special teams in kickoff return and in coverage as a gunner. I want to go out there and make a tackle."

rest - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-phillip-lindsay-prepared-to-make-impact-in-nfl-debut

dogfish
09-09-2018, 06:54 PM
i saw him running down there on punt coverage. . . and i hope it's the last time! make that scrub booker do it-- he's the running back who should be playing special teams. . . save lindsay for offense!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2018, 06:56 PM
I am thrilled with both of our rookie running backs. It’s hard to believe we collectively spent a fourth to get both of them.

GEM
09-09-2018, 07:42 PM
i saw him running down there on punt coverage. . . and i hope it's the last time! make that scrub booker do it-- he's the running back who should be playing special teams. . . save lindsay for offense!

I was thinking that when he made that huge gunner tackle today. ...he's going to be like td where they stopped playing him because he was too valuable.

Hawgdriver
09-09-2018, 09:19 PM
I really wish I took a flyer on Lindsay in fantasy leagues...he might be tough to get now. He's the real deal. He runs with truck balls, it's amazing he can drag them along with 4.3 speed.

Davii
09-09-2018, 09:27 PM
I really wish I took a flyer on Lindsay in fantasy leagues...he might be tough to get now. He's the real deal. He runs with truck balls, it's amazing he can drag them along with 4.3 speed.

I'm going to get a Jersey I think

Tned
09-09-2018, 09:28 PM

In my money league we do a rookie draft, and then an auction for all our other players. I had a bonus 3rd rookie pick based on my finish position last year (out of the money, but get a comp pick) and picked up Lindsay with that third pick. Unfortunately, if we don't activate a rookie before the auction, we can't use them until the 3rd week. So, I'll get to see next week if this was an anomaly, and if not, then I'll activate him from the rookie squad.

Hawgdriver
09-09-2018, 09:47 PM
You just don't get the feeling that it is at all an anomaly. He just gets it and flat produces whatever his job is. Holy cow. Patient runner and he even has a *presence*. Really love this kid right now.

Then again, maybe he'll draw more attention from D-Coords. But can you stop him? And if you do, what else do you give up?

Tned
09-09-2018, 09:52 PM
You just don't get the feeling that it is at all an anomaly. He just gets it and flat produces whatever his job is. Holy cow. Patient runner and he even has a *presence*. Really love this kid right now.

Then again, maybe he'll draw more attention from D-Coords. But can you stop him? And if you do, what else do you give up?

Agreed. As long as he can hold up, he looks like a real play maker.

Poet
09-09-2018, 09:59 PM

He's already a better runner than Christian McCaffery.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2018, 09:59 PM
We have a bell cow back and a Darren Sproles. This is too good to be true.

Hawgdriver
09-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Helluva draft for Mr. Elway this year.

Canmore
09-10-2018, 05:06 AM

Agreed.

Broncoknight30
09-10-2018, 06:31 AM

The crazy part is Lindsay was undrafted. Does not say much for the so called experts. That guy plays at one speed, and that speed is not slow.

Denver has a thunder and lightning thing going and it could really be a nice combo.

Yes, this year's draft certainly looking good.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2018, 07:14 AM

It's not. Anyone that watched him at CU knows this is his norm. Dude is a baller.

Cugel
09-10-2018, 09:28 AM

Booker can't return punts. He's just completely worthless. Showed nothing yesterday, just as he's showed nothing his entire career. Everything is fine - as long as Freeman and Lindsay are healthy. If not they need to promote David Williams as quickly as possible from the practice squad.

They need to just use Pacman Jones for that. He has the experience.

Rick
09-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Booker can't return punts. He's just completely worthless. Showed nothing yesterday, just as he's showed nothing his entire career. Everything is fine - as long as Freeman and Lindsay are healthy. If not they need to promote David Williams as quickly as possible from the practice squad.

They need to just use Pacman Jones for that. He has the experience.

He said punt coverage, not return. he was being used as a gunner it sounds like.

Nomad
09-10-2018, 09:50 AM
It's not. Anyone that watched him at CU knows this is his norm. Dude is a baller.

I didn’t watch a lot of Buffs football while he was there. Is it his size that made teams disinterested? I find it interesting because we’ve seen many small guys succeed in the NFL. I guess like any level, the small guys have to prove themselves.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2018, 09:51 AM
I didn’t watch a lot of Buffs football while he was there. Is it his size that made teams disinterested? I find it interesting because we’ve seen many small guys succeed in the NFL. I guess like any level, the small guys have to prove themselves.

I don't know. He wasn't even invited to the NFL Combine, which is probably the biggest reason he went undrafted.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2018, 10:06 AM
I don't know. He wasn't even invited to the NFL Combine, which is probably the biggest reason he went undrafted.

I am glad that he was not invited. If he had that exposure, he probably would have been drafted, and it may not have been the Broncos.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2018, 10:12 AM
I am glad that he was not invited. If he had that exposure, he probably would have been drafted, and it may not have been the Broncos.

It's a bit confusing to me. He WAS the offense for CU for the last couple of years.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2018, 10:22 AM
It's a bit confusing to me. He WAS the offense for CU for the last couple of years.

He’s only 190 pounds.

Nomad
09-10-2018, 10:31 AM

Yep. Moving forward. Glad he’s a Bronco, and he can continue playing like he did yesterday with no injuries.

BeefStew25
09-10-2018, 10:56 AM
FYI: Lindsay went to CU

BroncoJoe
09-10-2018, 11:21 AM

WHAT? I thought he went to CU.

Freyaka
09-10-2018, 11:22 AM

I don't thinkit is an anomaly, my concern is more that our coaching staff won't use their brains and will not give him an adequate snap count. For example, all of the carries Booker had basically would have been better served being split between Lindsay and Freeman and yet Booker was still out there.

Broncoknight30
09-10-2018, 11:28 AM
I don't thinkit is an anomaly, my concern is more that our coaching staff won't use their brains and will not give him an adequate snap count. For example, all of the carries Booker had basically would have been better served being split between Lindsay and Freeman and yet Booker was still out there.

I would rather see Williams in there than Booker. Booker's insistence on running to where the hole isn't is too annoying to watch.

MOtorboat
09-10-2018, 11:46 AM

I think he’s from Denver.

dogfish
09-10-2018, 11:55 AM
are you guys sure he didn't go to CU?

The Glue Factory
09-10-2018, 12:19 PM
are you guys sure he didn't go to CU?

They've got it all wrong. He went to CU for Pete's sake!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2018, 12:26 PM
I didn’t know he went to Connecticut.

underrated29
09-10-2018, 12:29 PM
The best part is he is a local boy who grew up here, or so I am told. He played college ball here too. I think he went to CU but we should ask Buff to know for sure.

Northman
09-10-2018, 12:32 PM
The best part is he is a local boy who grew up here, or so I am told. He played college ball here too. I think he went to CU but we should ask Buff to know for sure.

Buff doesnt know anything but yea, Lindsey went to CU.

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Lindsay's versatility is going play huge part in Denver's fortunes this season.

dogfish
09-10-2018, 01:13 PM
hey, guys. . . didn't VJ go to CU? i think we may be onto something here. . . where's effin' buff when you need him?

Davii
09-10-2018, 01:18 PM

Booker had what, 2 carries?

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 01:32 PM

He had two carries and two receptions. I wonder if he's going get the boot by the midway point in the season.

wayninja
09-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Grew up in Aurora, went to South High in Denver, attended CU. So yeah, pretty feel good story so far.

The durability is my only real concern. We've seen smaller guys get hurt. He seems tough though and pushed piles a few times yesterday so hopefully he'll hold up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2018, 01:44 PM
He had two carries and two receptions. I wonder if he's going get the boot by the midway point in the season.

He’s the #3 back, he’s cheap and he knows the offense. I’d be surprised if he goes anywhere

dogfish
09-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Grew up in Aurora, went to South High in Denver, attended CU. So yeah, pretty feel good story so far.

The durability is my only real concern. We've seen smaller guys get hurt. He seems tough though and pushed piles a few times yesterday so hopefully he'll hold up.

we've also seen lots of big backs get hurt. . . darren sproles has lasted a hell of a lot longer than lendale white, eddie lacy, ron dayne, and tons of others. . . ultimately, durability has more to do with the strength and flexibility of a guy's joints than it does with size. . . fingers crossed that lindsay does hold up, because he's fun to watch. . . plus, i'm told that he went to school here in colorado. . .

Freyaka
09-10-2018, 01:51 PM

Maybe so, that's two carries too many...Guy should have been cut...

wayninja
09-10-2018, 01:52 PM
plus, i'm told that he went to school here in colorado. . .

Oh? I heard he was from Illinois (Aurora) and attended Columbia University (CU).

wayninja
09-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Maybe so, that's two carries too many...Guy should have been cut...

I didn't have a huge problem with the 3rd stringer getting carries, but the timing sucked. Lindsay was on a roll. Not a good time to leave the table.

Poet
09-10-2018, 01:57 PM
I wanted to believe in Booker. Alas, my optimism went up in flames.

Cugel
09-10-2018, 02:19 PM

Unfortunately not. They "like what they've seen in practices from Booker." :coffee:

Dzone
09-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Phillips little brother
http://www.gothunderwolves.com/sports/fball/2017-18/bios/Marcus_Lindsay?view=bio

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 03:26 PM
He’s the #3 back, he’s cheap and he knows the offense. I’d be surprised if he goes anywhere

So is Williams who is on the practice squad.

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Phillips little brother
http://www.gothunderwolves.com/sports/fball/2017-18/bios/Marcus_Lindsay?view=bio

5'9" and 220lbs. The kid is a little bowling ball.

BroncoWave
09-10-2018, 04:08 PM

This. Booker is fine in his role. No one else we could sign right now would be any better.

Broncoknight30
09-10-2018, 04:08 PM
5'9" and 220lbs. The kid is a little bowling ball.

In the words of John Madden about Barry Sanders, "He is short, but he isn't small."

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 04:19 PM
This. Booker is fine in his role. No one else we could sign right now would be any better.

We have a back on the practice squad so what you said is silly.

Tangerine
09-10-2018, 04:27 PM

De'Angelo Henderson from the Jets practice squad, Dave Williams from our own practice squad....

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 04:31 PM
De'Angelo Henderson from the Jets practice squad, Dave Williams from our own practice squad....

Exactly. I didn't think about De'Angelo but my first thought is Dave Williams is already the practice squad.

Hawgdriver
09-10-2018, 04:35 PM
I'm not worried about it right now.

NightTerror218
09-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Freeman and Lindsey reminds me of the ATL duo that slaughtered us a few tears back.

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm not worried about it right now.

Neither am I.

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Freeman and Lindsey reminds me of the ATL duo that slaughtered us a few tears back.

This was indeed just a few tears back. :D

BroncoWave
09-10-2018, 05:27 PM
We have a back on the practice squad so what you said is silly.

So why is he on the practice squad then?

TXBRONC
09-10-2018, 07:21 PM
So why is he on the practice squad then?

You said there wouldn't be anyone available if Denver were to release Booker. That isn't accurate.

Davii
09-10-2018, 09:42 PM
You said there wouldn't be anyone available if Denver were to release Booker. That isn't accurate.

I thought he said nobody available as good as Booker. While he's not great, it stands to reason a guy on our practice squad right now doesn't measure up.

wayninja
09-10-2018, 09:57 PM
I thought he said nobody available as good as Booker. While he's not great, it stands to reason a guy on our practice squad right now doesn't measure up.

I'm pretty sure Wave's point was that Booker is the last human being on the planet.

Davii
09-11-2018, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure Wave's point was that Booker is the last human being on the planet.

Interesting. I might've misjudged.

BroncoWave
09-11-2018, 06:10 AM

No that's not what I said. Try again. :lol:

I said that there is no one better than Booker out there that we could replace him with.

Cugel
09-11-2018, 10:57 AM

I said that there is no one better than Booker out there that we could replace him with.

Sure there is: David Williams is on the practice squad so they wouldn't have to look far. The reason Booker is on the roster and Williams isn't is that Booker is a veteran.

Unfortunately, he is a pretty sucky veteran though. If Freeman gets hurt, and they start Booker the team will simply start losing games because their running game will be stalled completely.

It's not for nothing that Mark Schlereth calls him "Sir Mix-a-Lot," because he likes big butts and he cannot lie. He just keeps running into the back end of his blockers and averaging 3 yards a carry (well 2 yards in the opener, so he's going to have to bring the average up a bit in order to get his usual 3 yards per carry).

They could also claim DeAngelo Henderson off the Jets practice squad and sign him to the active 53 man roster in the event of an injury. The Jets have (I think) 4 RBs ahead of him.

Cugel
09-11-2018, 11:08 AM

That's going to suck for Booker if the entire stadium stands up and points at him - as the last human being on the planet, just like Donald Sutherland in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

atwater27
09-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Lindsay reminds me of Warrick Dunn

BeefStew25
09-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Booker is sir mix a lot because he can’t lie.

TXBRONC
09-11-2018, 01:51 PM

No, I don't need try again. Your dopey comment is still because you have zero comprehension skill.

But hey laugh at yourself like you normally do. :lol:

TXBRONC
09-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Sure there is: David Williams is on the practice squad so they wouldn't have to look far. The reason Booker is on the roster and Williams isn't is that Booker is a veteran.

Unfortunately, he is a pretty sucky veteran though. If Freeman gets hurt, and they start Booker the team will simply start losing games because their running game will be stalled completely.

It's not for nothing that Mark Schlereth calls him "Sir Mix-a-Lot," because he likes big butts and he cannot lie. He just keeps running into the back end of his blockers and averaging 3 yards a carry (well 2 yards in the opener, so he's going to have to bring the average up a bit in order to get his usual 3 yards per carry).

They could also claim DeAngelo Henderson off the Jets practice squad and sign him to the active 53 man roster in the event of an injury. The Jets have (I think) 4 RBs ahead of him.

Wave didn't comprehend what I said.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Lindsay reminds me of Warrick Dunn

Or Darren Sproles.

TXBRONC
09-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Or Darren Sproles.

Agreed he's in the same mold as Sproles and Dunn but we'll have wait and see he has the same kind of success.

Bronco4ever
09-11-2018, 02:13 PM
I'm sure Wave meant there won't be one single guy available to sign if we cut Booker.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Agreed he's in the same mold as Sproles and Dunn but we'll have wait and see he has the same kind of success.

Indeed

BroncoWave
09-11-2018, 02:44 PM
I'm sure Wave meant there won't be one single guy available to sign if we cut Booker.

Only in TX land. :lol:

BroncoWave
09-11-2018, 02:45 PM

TX, can you please point to where I said what you're claiming I said?

BroncoWave
09-11-2018, 02:46 PM
No, I don't need try again. Your dopey comment is still because you have zero comprehension skill.

But hey laugh at yourself like you normally do. :lol:

No one on here is capable of comprehending the nonsense you pass off as English. It's not just me. :lol: