https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1036305310896541696

Canmore
09-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Posted in the other thread but I thought it deserved its own:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1036305310896541696

Amen.....

UnderArmour
09-02-2018, 12:44 PM
I beat you in posting this, but I went ahead and deleted mine.

I gotta give major props to Elway this offseason and draft for admitting to his roster mistakes. After going back and reviewing some of Hogan's stuff, he is just a much tougher quarterback both as a runner, and as a passer.

Paxton Lynch was not a team player here in Denver, and when the guy was crying everyone knew it was because his own career was in jeopardy, not the Denver Broncos. Say what you want about Tebow, but even without the talent as a passer, that guy bled and gave every bit for the team, not just for himself. I could never get behind or respect Paxton Lynch, and even if he somehow redeemed himself as a passer here, he just was not a fit for this franchise. Of all the quarterbacks that have started games for us over the last 15 years, I would take any of Siemian, Osweiller, 2015-numb-arm and bum-ankle Manning, Tebow, Cutler, and Plummer over him.

Nothing about him has ever said "team captain" or leader. The quarterback has to be a captain and a leader.

wayninja
09-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Well, I guess that ends that debate.

VonDoom
09-02-2018, 12:53 PM
How can I edit the thread title to add the slash after the first date? My OCD kicking in ...

wayninja
09-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Time travelling Lynch bravely went back in time 800 years for this shot. He'll be... missed?

aberdien
09-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Worst 1st round draft pick in Broncos history*

*drafts from 100 years ago don't count, old people

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2018, 01:01 PM

Shots fired ladies and gentlemen.

Marcus Nash was equally bad, and Ted Gregory was far and away the worst. Gregory was a top 5 pick who didn’t even make it out of camp.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2018, 01:02 PM
I wonder if Yash has set fire to his laptop yet.

FanInAZ
09-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Mods, please do a welfare check on ChubbNYiadom to make sure he's not going to do anything drastic to himself, or innocent bystanders. He took defending Lynch so personal that I can't help getting the crazy notion that he was the real Paxton Lynch coming to our site to drum up fan support for himself. In any case, please make sure that he, and his neighbors, are OK.

slim
09-02-2018, 01:03 PM
*Ted Gregory

Northman
09-02-2018, 01:06 PM
******* love it!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2018, 01:08 PM
*Ted Gregory

Thank you. I will edit my post.

Slick
09-02-2018, 01:08 PM

Marcus Nash was equally bad, and Kevin Gregg was far and away the worst. Gregg was a top 5 pick who didn’t even make it out of camp.

Kevin Gregg? Who the heck is that?

chazoe60
09-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Walk the plank!!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Kevin Gregg? Who the heck is that?

I was referring to Ted Gregory. It was a shotgun blast memory

UnderArmour

Marcus Nash was equally bad, and Kevin Gregg was far and away the worst. Gregg was a top 5 pick who didn’t even make it out of camp.

Jarvis Moss actually hurt me much worse than Paxton Lynch did. Our defense was ridiculously bad, and this guy gets outplayed by John Engleberger of all people. When he was on the field, he was worthless. Thank goodness for Elvis Dumervil, because everyone else around him on that line was crap.

aberdien

Nash wasn't our future franchise QB.

Gregory had injury excuses.

Our FO picked a franchise QB knowing he only knew like 6 plays. And there is little evidence to show that he knows more than 6 plays today. The worst.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Nash wasn't our future franchise QB.

Gregory had injury excuses.

Our FO picked a franchise QB knowing he only knew like 6 plays. And there is little evidence to show that he knows more than 6 plays today. The worst.

I’ve never defended the pick fwiw. Elway of all people should know better than to fall in love with an arm and ignore football iq

Dapper Dan
09-02-2018, 01:21 PM
We finally got Kevin Hogan.

Freyaka
09-02-2018, 01:26 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/d048d543e619c9f362630d4141648bb7/tenor.gif

GEM
09-02-2018, 01:46 PM
As I said before, I don't hate the kid so hope he finds success in life. As a fan of the Broncos, Hallelujah!

FanInAZ
09-02-2018, 01:55 PM
As I said before, I don't hate the kid so hope he finds success in life. As a fan of the Broncos, Hallelujah!

Just as long as that success isn't with a division rival ;)

turftoad
09-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Tommy Maddox:shocked:

Nomad
09-02-2018, 02:52 PM

Same here. I just don't think his heart is to be an NFL QB.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Tommy Maddox:shocked:

Tommy Maddox graduated from UCLA. Tommy Maddox had to compete with John Elway.

ShaneFalco
09-02-2018, 05:18 PM
RIP 5 year project

tomjonesrocks
09-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Lynch looked as good as he ever has last week. Wonder if he realizes just how colossally he blew it. If he hadn’t been so entitled and clueless and worked his ass off am sure he could have at least been a game manager in this league.

When he’s 30 the realization of how badly he squandered his opportunity will be a tough pill to swallow.

Bronco4ever
09-02-2018, 05:35 PM
We’ll never forget you Preston.

Nomad
09-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Lynch looked as good as he ever has last week. Wonder if he realizes just how colossally he blew it. If he hadn’t been so entitled and clueless and worked his ass off am sure he could have at least been a game manager in this league.

When he’s 30 the realization of how badly he squandered his opportunity will be a tough pill to swallow.

I agree. I guess when your heart's not in it, then you don't give it your all. I can't comprehend getting this opportunity, and just throwing it away.

ShaneFalco
09-02-2018, 05:36 PM

he looked good because they ran his college offense.

i never understood why they drafted him to play in a pro system

Northman
09-02-2018, 05:42 PM
I dont think it had anything to do with drive. I think Paxton did really want to succeed but i also think he didnt realize how much different the NFL was compared to college. In college the "star" players are considered gods among the student base. I think Paxton was very coddled as the star player at Memphis and i think on some level he expected that to continue when he arrived in Denver. But once he realized that you dont just come in and are given the keys to the city and actually have to work for it that he the doubts started to seep in. Even to the end he felt that he had done everything he could to be the starter in Denver and couldnt come to the realization that he simply was not good enough to make it in the NFL. At least against players who are 1st stringers.

Hawgdriver
09-02-2018, 06:44 PM
So this isn't some kind of April Fools thing, right? This is real?

LawDog
09-02-2018, 07:16 PM
I dont think it had anything to do with drive. I think Paxton did really want to succeed but i also think he didnt realize how much different the NFL was compared to college. In college the "star" players are considered gods among the student base. I think Paxton was very coddled as the star player at Memphis and i think on some level he expected that to continue when he arrived in Denver. But once he realized that you dont just come in and are given the keys to the city and actually have to work for it that he the doubts started to seep in. Even to the end he felt that he had done everything he could to be the starter in Denver and couldnt come to the realization that he simply was not good enough to make it in the NFL. At least against players who are 1st stringers.

A Broncos player said, this year, that Paxton beat feet as soon as he could each day. That’s pretty damning evidence of a lack of drive...

I Eat Staples
09-02-2018, 07:20 PM
he looked good because they ran his college offense.

i never understood why they drafted him to play in a pro system

There really is no such thing as a "pro style" offense in college anymore. Even the boring ass grind it out SEC teams are transitioning. Lots of QBs are able to make the transition to NFL offenses, and as it always has, the NFL has been slowly copying college football and becoming more like their offenses.

The problem with Paxton, in my opinion, is that he just wasn't a very bright guy. Which is a hard thing to know about someone until you work with them everyday, and it's probably the most important part of playing QB. Or as Nomad said, his heart just maybe wasn't in it. No matter how good you are at something or how naturally gifted as an athlete, if you just don't love the game, it's hard to go through that grind of working everyday. Sometimes players are good at the sport but don't love it. Maybe he has to find joy in the game again and a change of scenery could help.

Either way, sucks that we missed on the pick, but it's the right time to call it a sunk cost and move on. I have nothing bad to say about Paxton as a person and I wish him the best with whatever he does.

gregbroncs
09-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Just as long as that success isn't with a division rival ;)They said success in life, I hope nothing but futility for him as an NFL football player. Because if he has success it's not going to be for my team.

ShaneFalco
09-02-2018, 07:44 PM
https://49.media.tumblr.com/2d66d9e9f9a755ade747ac7edd21afff/tumblr_mlonv0bbcg1qjt83xo1_500.gif

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2018, 07:57 PM
So this isn't some kind of April Fools thing, right? This is real?

There are at least 13 federal laws disallowing April Fools pranks in the month of September.

Rick
09-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Our first rounder may have been a bust but I feel better about moving on from him than I would if say, he made DPOY or something and I promptly traded him out of town.

BeefStew25
09-02-2018, 08:23 PM
I sure as hell hope moving forward 7 changes his evaluations up. Maybe the 2018 class is a sign.

Hawgdriver
09-02-2018, 08:26 PM
https://49.media.tumblr.com/2d66d9e9f9a755ade747ac7edd21afff/tumblr_mlonv0bbcg1qjt83xo1_500.gif

Fiona Apple?

Wait, no.

Tori Amos?

Hawgdriver
09-02-2018, 08:26 PM
I sure as hell hope moving forward 7 changes his evaluations up. Maybe the 2018 class is a sign.

That's what I'm thinking man. I'm in a pretty good place right now as a Broncos fan.

ShaneFalco
09-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Fiona Apple?

Wait, no.

Tori Amos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZE0SrkyNE

Hawgdriver
09-02-2018, 08:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZE0SrkyNE

I was close. Actually I was thinking of Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2U.

Cugel
09-02-2018, 09:26 PM

Don't you tell me that the Broncos horrible draft of 65,400,000 years ago doesn't count you ignorant young whipper-snapper! In that year I remember a giant 10-kilometer rock fell out of space. It landed in Mexico, set all the world's forests on fire, and wiped out the Broncos entire draft class! Of course they were all reptiles, but that's no matter! It was still the worst draft class in Broncos history!

Dinosaur Red Miller was in charge that year, and I remember that Bed-rock Stadium was covered so deep in falling ash they couldn't find the rock-ball!

FanInAZ
09-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Don't you tell me that the Broncos horrible draft of 65,400,000 years ago doesn't count you ignorant young whipper-snapper! In that year I remember a giant 10-kilometer rock fell out of space. It landed in Mexico, set all the world's forests on fire, and wiped out the Broncos entire draft class! Of course they were all reptiles, but that's no matter! It was still the worst draft class in Broncos history!

Dinosaur Red Miller was in charge that year, and I remember that Bed-rock Stadium was covered so deep in falling ash they couldn't find the rock-ball!

If the one that wiped out the dinosaurs landed in Mexico, what about the one in AZ?

sneakers
09-02-2018, 11:43 PM
I wish him luck

Cugel
09-03-2018, 01:07 AM
If the one that wiped out the dinosaurs landed in Mexico, what about the one in AZ?

You mean that pipsqueak? Meteor Crater?

That one was a burp compared with the "Big One". That's what we old-timers call the Chicxulub Impact.

The only Bronco to survive the impact never looked right afterward.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Chiefs could be an option for former Broncos QB Paxton Lynch

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/03/chiefs-in-on-paxton-lynch/

MOtorboat
09-03-2018, 01:11 PM

Lol.

Simple Jaded
09-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Elway is just jealous of PL, I will not be renewing my season tickets.

#SeeHowStupidThatSounds?

FanInAZ
09-03-2018, 02:24 PM
If Ryan Leaf could get a 2nd chance with the Cowboys, then Lynch can get a 2nd chance with someone else.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-03-2018, 08:28 PM
If Ryan Leaf could get a 2nd chance with the Cowboys, then Lynch can get a 2nd chance with someone else.

He’s got a workout with the Bills scheduled for later this week. With Peterman and Josh Allen the other 2 QBs on the roster Suxton will be the elder statesman... let that sink in.

BroncoWave
09-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Yeah he'll get a second chance somewhere. I suspect he'll be out of the league shortly thereafter though.

dogfish
09-03-2018, 11:02 PM

Lol.

#FingersCrossed

Cugel
09-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Yeah he'll get a second chance somewhere. I suspect he'll be out of the league shortly thereafter though.

As Paxton Lynch tries to re-start his NFL career, he’s had a second visit.

Lynch tried out for the Lions, according to Field Yates of ESPN.

Once viewed as the Broncos’ franchise quarterback of the future, Lynch flamed out after the Broncos drafted him in the first round in 2016. In two seasons he started just four games and had a 76.7 passer rating. The Broncos cut him last week.

Now Lynch has had tryouts with the Bills and the Lions. It’s unclear whether Detroit (where Matt Cassel backs up Matthew Stafford) or Buffalo (where Nathan Peterman is the starter and Josh Allen is the heir apparent) are interested enough to sign Lynch. But he’s at least getting some interest after the Broncos sent him packing.

Well, he's "strike one!" Buffalo, and "strike 2" Detroit. Neither of those teams saw fit to sign him, at least right now. There's always the possibility that a team that kicked the tires on him was doing so in order to call him later if one of their top QBs went down and they needed someone during the season.

So, even if he's not on a day 1 roster, he could still wind up somewhere later this season. If not, then he might get an invite to a training camp next spring.

So, he should potentially have as many as 2 more chances to impress some coaching staff enough to keep him around. This is his last chance though. Wherever he goes, he has to impress or his NFL career is done.

He won't get a 3rd chance! :coffee:

MOtorboat
09-09-2018, 12:37 PM
So he’s basically guaranteed a third chance now.

GEM
09-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Well, he's "strike one!" Buffalo, and "strike 2" Detroit. Neither of those teams saw fit to sign him, at least right now. There's always the possibility that a team that kicked the tires on him was doing so in order to call him later if one of their top QBs went down and they needed someone during the season.

So, even if he's not on a day 1 roster, he could still wind up somewhere later this season. If not, then he might get an invite to a training camp next spring.

So, he should potentially have as many as 2 more chances to impress some coaching staff enough to keep him around. This is his last chance though. Wherever he goes, he has to impress or his NFL career is done.

They probably had the same impression as stink. Stink did an interview with him when we drafted him. The other reporter asked what he thought of him. Stink said what a buffoon. Thought he was a total dork and not very smart.

FanInAZ
09-09-2018, 08:05 PM

After what the Bills' "QBs" did today, I doubt he'd be much worse.

Cugel
09-10-2018, 02:16 PM
After what the Bills' "QBs" did today, I doubt he'd be much worse.

You have a point. They look like the new "worst team in the NFL" now that the Browns are tying games against the playoff Steelers.

With the clock showing 11:22 in the third quarter of the season opener, default was dethroned. Josh Allen replaced Peterman following his second interception of the day. Peterman finished the game with five completions on 18 attempts for 24 yards. He failed to lead the team to a single first down.

Head coach Sean McDermott was asked which quarterback will start the following week, as the Bills host the Los Angeles Chargers. Predictably, he indicated he would need to review “the tape” before making that decision. I’ll save him him the trouble. The Peterman experiment should be over.

They now have no choice but play Allen. And Peterman isn't worse than Paxton at least going by yesterday.

dogfish
09-10-2018, 02:20 PM
peterman = siemian. . . allen = lynch. . .

Cugel
09-10-2018, 02:23 PM
peterman = siemian. . . allen = lynch. . .

Wasn't "Nathan Peterman" the name of Elaine's boss on Seinfeld? That's where I get confused. :confused:

Northman
09-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Glad we dodged that bullet that is Josh Allen.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2018, 08:45 PM
The Eagles worked out quarterback Paxton Lynch, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

Lynch had workouts in Buffalo and Detroit last week.

Philadelphia has three quarterbacks on its roster — Carson Wentz, Nick Foles and Nate Sudfeld.

rest - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/11/paxton-lynch-works-out-for-eagles/

Poet
09-17-2018, 07:06 PM
rest - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/11/paxton-lynch-works-out-for-eagles/

Hope he does well.

tomjonesrocks
09-17-2018, 10:36 PM
A lot of tire-kicking...
https://clutchpoints.com/redskins-news-washington-works-out-qb-paxton-lynch/