PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller at crossroads: 'I can't just lead by example'

Denver Native (Carol)
08-22-2018, 11:09 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Von Miller's not old. But he isn't young either, by NFL standards.

At 29, he's no longer the "Dancing With the Stars" Miller. Or the guy Peyton Manning once said was on the “Von Miller Tour" in the weeks and months following the linebacker’s MVP performance in Super Bowl 50.

Eight years into his pro football career, the Denver Broncos’ highest-profile player, with the biggest contract, the player other personnel executives in the league say any team could build a defense around, is at a crossroads. And the clock is ticking.

“I can’t just lead by example, I know that. It’s easy for anybody to say I’m going to lead by example, but I know I have to do that and I’ve got to talk to people," Miller said. “I tried that, by example, and that’s it, but I know now you’ve got to get in there and lead. You’ve got to say something. Two years ago, three years ago, maybe, if they wanted me to give speeches, it was hard. Now, I know.

rest - http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/31615/von-miller-at-crossroads-i-cant-just-lead-by-example

BeefStew25
08-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Carol I like how you lead by example also.