PDA

View Full Version : I think the Broncos ought to offer Booker to the Redskins for a little something...something.

Broncoknight30
08-20-2018, 06:13 AM
I think Booker is still pretty decent. However, with the emergence of Freeman and the pleasant surprise of Philip Lindsay along with Henderson and even Williams, the Broncos could offer him.

Right now, he is problematic for the roster. The Redskins are in desperate need for a back, and it seems like that would be the best way to deal with the situation.

I think they could get a 3rd rounder, maybe even a second rounder for him.

BroncoWave
08-20-2018, 06:30 AM
I don't think they'd trade us anything more than a late round pick for him. Orleans Darkwa is still out there who I think is about the same level as Booker and they could just sign him off the street. I think they'll just wait for camp cuts and just sign the best guy out of that group.

There is no way in hell anyone is trading us a second or third for Booker. That is just wishful thinking.

Shazam!
08-20-2018, 07:15 AM
Unless a team is desperate.

UnderArmour
08-20-2018, 07:38 AM

He'd fetch a 6th at best. You're way overvaluing a guy who has not demonstrated consistent playmaking ability in this league.

Rick
08-20-2018, 07:40 AM
There are a ton of players in FA right now that can net a team 3.5 yards per carry.

Booker has yet to prove anything in the NFL to be worth more than a late round pick.

BroncoWave
08-20-2018, 07:56 AM
Unless a team is desperate.

Pro bowlers and borderline pro bowlers fetch second and third round picks. There is no chance in hell Booker fetches that, I don't care how desperate a team is. Especially with comparable running backs currently on the FA market.

Broncoknight30
08-20-2018, 08:08 AM
A conditional draft pick is what I was thinking. I doubt Booker would produce so well that it would garner a 3rd or MAYBE a 2nd. However, IF he does produce based on a conditional, then maybe.

That would be our hope or wishful thinking. Personally, I think Booker is problematic. At least to me.

Canmore
08-20-2018, 08:42 AM
I think Booker is still pretty decent. However, with the emergence of Freeman and the pleasant surprise of Philip Lindsay along with Henderson and even Williams, the Broncos could offer him.

Right now, he is problematic for the roster. The Redskins are in desperate need for a back, and it seems like that would be the best way to deal with the situation.

He's not worth that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-20-2018, 08:45 AM
We need more than one big back. Booker is worth more to us than what we can get for him. We need the depth.

Canmore
08-20-2018, 08:48 AM
We need more than one big back. Booker is worth more to us than what we can get for him. We need the depth.

Booker can't see his way out of a paper bag. If we can get something for him...

Broncoknight30
08-20-2018, 09:14 AM

The Williams guy they drafted is there, Henderson is there and the emergence of Lindsay says Booker can be trade bait.

Would we as fans really be upset if he was traded and RB like Lindsay got more action as a result?

I don't think so. As of now, Booker is not going to be cut. To me that is a bit problematic.

A conditional trade imo would be the best way.

Valar Morghulis
08-20-2018, 10:44 AM
What happened to Chris Thompson and Rob Kelley - i thought they looked pretty good

dogfish
08-20-2018, 11:05 AM
he's not worth anything. . . especially with adrian peterson and jamaal charles still on the market. . . just a 4th round pick that didn't work out, no big deal. . .

BroncoWave
08-20-2018, 11:23 AM
A conditional draft pick is what I was thinking. I doubt Booker would produce so well that it would garner a 3rd or MAYBE a 2nd. However, IF he does produce based on a conditional, then maybe.

That would be our hope or wishful thinking. Personally, I think Booker is problematic. At least to me.

Why would they offer that thought? Why not just go out and sign a back who will likely be just as productive than be on the hook for a second or third round pick if he produces what you could likely get on the FA market right now anyway? Especially at a position like running back which is highly replaceable.

We'd be lucky to get a 6th or 7th for him, and I think it's far more likely we just flat out release him if the plan really is to get rid of him. It's just too hard to get teams to trade for guys at this time of year since they will know that if you're trying to trade him, they are probably going to cut him anyway.

MOtorboat
08-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Perine > Booker. I don’t see Washington giving up anything for him.

MOtorboat
08-20-2018, 05:54 PM
Adrian Peterson is signing with the Redskins.

As convinced as I am that Royce Freeman and Phillip Lindsay are players, and will be the core of the running backs group the next three seasons, I don't think you can logically vacate the only veteran in the backfield two weeks before the season. I think Henderson or Janovich will be the odd man out and Williams will go PS, at this point.

Hawgdriver
08-20-2018, 06:23 PM
They like Janovich apparently.