PDA

View Full Version : The 6 WRs that should make the roster.

Broncoknight30
08-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Sanders
DT
Sutton
Hamilton
Taylor
Tim Patrick

No to McKenzie. Sorry, no way. I was really rooting for him. Went to my high school alma mater.

nevcraw
08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Taylor to IR keep Mackenzie Stash river and Leslie on PS.
The way he hung on to that ball on punt return was awesome. He deserves another shot this year.

Hawgdriver
08-19-2018, 02:15 PM
Taylor to IR keep Mackenzie Stash river and Leslie on PS.
The way he hung on to that ball on punt return was awesome. He deserves another shot this year.

McKenzie...hm...

broncofaninfla
08-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Good list but I think Denver puts Taylor on IR. I'm on the bubble with McKenzie, going to wait until the rest of preseason before I call for his head. The talent is there but the fumbling thing is obviously a deal killer.

BroncoWave
08-20-2018, 11:27 AM
His fumble the other day doesn't worry me as much as all the muffed punts last year. He'll only be returning punts if he makes the team, so as long as he has that part corrected (so far, so good) I think he makes the team. Let's not forget that PRTD he had last week.

Tbolt
08-20-2018, 02:00 PM
I just don't think McKenzie has a very high football IQ. The play he fumbled, he came to a complete stop (same thing on his TD return), and you just can't do that on a WR screen. Should have been cut last year.

G_Money
08-20-2018, 06:42 PM
McKenzie's fumbling problem isn't new. He had that issue in college as well, which was my concern about him when he was drafted. Some little guys have learned ball security because most have little hands, so they have to carry the ball perfectly to make sure it stays safe. McKenzie never learned how to do that, and he puts the ball on the ground in both the return game and during regular play. The rest of his game is NFL level, but you can't be swapping that much field position on punts. Even one muffed punt can cost you the game.

Phillip Lindsay's ball security is fine regardless of size. It ain't GREAT - but neither is Royce Freeman's. Both backs fumbled at an average rate (https://www.upi.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Fumble-rates-for-all-running-back-prospects/7311518380025/) in college. Linsday figured out how to secure the ball despite his frame. McKenzie didn't, and hasn't learned it yet. He's about out of opportunities with the Broncos to figure it out despite his other obvious skills.

Broncoknight30
08-21-2018, 03:52 AM
I just don't think McKenzie has a very high football IQ. The play he fumbled, he came to a complete stop (same thing on his TD return), and you just can't do that on a WR screen. Should have been cut last year.

Completely agree with this. He has TOOOOOO MUCH to prove and that makes it even worse in my eyes. He already had that chip on this shoulder, and that chip is now a boulder. His football IQ is horrific. Even on his punt return for a TD he carried the ball in the wrong hand. I know, maybe a small thing. It isn't if you are determined to fix the fumbles problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14UHh5wWDdk

Like I said, I was cheering for him. Watched him play at my high school alma mater. Every year a few of us get together for one game. He was coached by Mike Rumph and Patrick Surtain there. Anyway, I was really pulling for the kid. Breaks my heart to say it, but I cannot handle another bone headed play. I do not think we have seen the last of those muffs, fumbles and boneheaded plays if the Broncos keep him.

slim
08-21-2018, 07:37 AM
Taylor?

BroncoJoe
08-21-2018, 08:57 AM
Taylor?

Has he even played in their two games?

Broncoknight30
08-21-2018, 09:03 AM
I think he is injured. When healthy, I personally like what I see.

slim
08-21-2018, 11:09 AM

Negative.

He is not currently listed on the Broncos depth chart.