PDA

View Full Version : Broncos defensive end Adam Gotsis won’t be charged in rape case

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2018, 05:18 PM
KUSA — Denver Broncos defensive end Adam Gotsis will not be charged following allegations that he raped a woman at a party in 2013 while he was playing for Georgia Tech.

According to a statement from the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office in Georgia, a “careful and thorough investigation” prompted prosecutors to opt not to go forward with the case.

PREVIOUS | Gotsis attorney: 'D.A. has not decided whether to go forward' with case

Gotsis turned himself in to police on March 7 after a woman reported the 2013 incident on Feb. 1, 2018. A warrant was subsequently issued for his arrest. Gotsis was released on a $50,000 bond and participated in Broncos offseason activities.

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/broncos-defensive-end-adam-gotsis-wont-be-charged-in-rape-case/73-584455082

ChubbNYiadom
08-16-2018, 12:08 AM
I think it's a shame that people try to pull all different sorts of scams for cash and when you use rape allegations as a tool to potentially gain you some cash is very sickening and a crime against real victims of rape. Gotsis had to go through this of our team and now Johnson who went through this, she totally almost ruined this kids career,, took 3 year's of football away from him via claiming rape.

I am happy for these guys to be cleared.

Valar Morghulis
08-16-2018, 03:46 AM
I think it's a shame only 1 in 10 reported rapes make it to trial and less that 6 in every hundred that go to trial end in a prosecution and that the 9 victims that don't get to go to trial get shamed as liars and gold diggers. Are some of them? Probably. But the way we as a society immediately presume innocence of males and demonize females in those situations is worrying.

Either, women mostly lie about being raped, or the way we investigate rapes is flawed.

chazoe60
08-16-2018, 07:37 AM
I think it's a shame only 1 in 10 reported rapes make it to trial and less that 6 in every hundred that go to trial end in a prosecution and that the 9 victims that don't get to go to trial get shamed as liars and gold diggers. Are some of them? Probably. But the way we as a society immediately presume innocence of males and demonize females in those situations is worrying.

Either, women mostly lie about being raped, or the way we investigate rapes is flawed.

I think it’s a shame that people have their entire lives ruined including being jailed for decades in some cases because of lies. If an accusation of rape can not be proved with hard evidence then how are we supposed to convict people based on he said/she said? It’s unfortunate. Are you really saying we should abandon the “innocent until proven guilty” notion of justice?

BeefStew25
08-16-2018, 07:49 AM

I take each accusation on a case by case basis. Her accusations after he got paid is a red flag.

Elevation inc
08-16-2018, 08:36 AM
I take each accusation on a case by case basis. Her accusations after he got paid is a red flag.

Exactly, jut like that high school football kid who had his whole career ruined only for the female to recant like 4 or 5 years later admit she lied and still hasn't faced any legal punishment other than a civil lawsuit. On the flip side there is that swimmer or something from Stanford who should have rotted in jail. This should always be taken case by case.

Davii
08-16-2018, 08:39 AM
This is a great thread to discuss recent allegations against Gotsis.

If you want to discuss society's treatment of rape victims/accusers, our justice system, or any scope beyond this particular case dealing with a Denver Broncos player in "Bronco Talk" I request you go find the Politics area of the board or somewhere more suited for said discussions.

Thank you. Further posts after this notice will be deleted.

Elevation inc
08-16-2018, 08:46 AM

If you want to discuss society's treatment of rape victims/accusers, our justice system, or any scope beyond this particular case dealing with a Denver Broncos player in "Bronco Talk" I request you go find the Politics area of the board or somewhere more suited for said discussions.

I'm glad Gotsis is cleared because we are going to need him to continue to improve on the DL, no doubt it was a distraction for him the last few months. Hopefully we get the guy just focused on football so he can Hulk smash!

BeefStew25
08-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Hopefully he rapes some QB’s.

Hawgdriver
08-16-2018, 11:27 AM

Eh, he's not really a penetration up the middle kind of guy. More of a gap stuffer.

Shazam!
08-16-2018, 11:38 AM

Eh, he's not really a penetration up the middle kind of guy. More of a gap stuffer.

Im a gap stuffer and i penetrate the middle. Deep.

Northman
08-16-2018, 11:44 AM

I dont think the investigations are the problem as it goes back to your first statement. The reporting of the crime is the troublesome area, many of these women dont report it and then when they finally do its been years down the road when there has been no rape kit done or any type of evidence to back up the claim which is very important it making a charge stick. Technically speaking, a person SHOULD be presumed innocent until proven guilty. That is how our justice system works or should work. I agree with you though that women are often scoffed at but if they want things to get better in terms of justice they need to start speaking up and reporting these things when they happen. I know it can be tough on them but its the only way to avoid the he said, she said. The one thing that needs to improve from a justice standpoint is when you do have a case you dont let the guy off after 3 months in jail (see Stanford boy).

Dapper Dan
08-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Don’t let the son of a bitch room with AJ Johnson.

Ground Control
08-18-2018, 04:12 AM

Male dominated society sucks. I love being a man...but don't feel that has to have anything to do with domination of peers of any sex. Equality just makes life way more interesting. And I completely agree with every point you make. Women are not lying and any man that has his eyes and ears open during any given day knows this.

Ground Control
08-18-2018, 04:14 AM

Strange how a similar discussion purely about another Bronco got pushed to the politics forum. I'm thinking any thread focused on rape should be there true?

Ground Control
08-18-2018, 04:17 AM
I think it’s a shame that people have their entire lives ruined including being jailed for decades in some cases because of lies. If an accusation of rape can not be proved with hard evidence then how are we supposed to convict people based on he said/she said? It’s unfortunate. Are you really saying we should abandon the “innocent until proven guilty” notion of justice?

It's soooo much more complicated than that but if someone uses accusation as an attack, yep...they should be held accountable. It's important.

Ground Control
08-18-2018, 04:25 AM
I think it's a shame that people try to pull all different sorts of scams for cash and when you use rape allegations as a tool to potentially gain you some cash is very sickening and a crime against real victims of rape. Gotsis had to go through this of our team and now Johnson who went through this, she totally almost ruined this kids career,, took 3 year's of football away from him via claiming rape.

I am happy for these guys to be cleared.

Totally different scenarios, at least in that the accuser in the Gotsis case waited years before coming forth and had no evidence to offer, nor corroboration. It was a case of two people going to a home alone, as apposed to the Johnson case. I replied to your well thought out post on that thread but it got swallowed by the internet gods. In short, the Johnson case had f' tons of collusion and interference in the procedures of justice. If the girl that accused Gotsis if reaching, she should be held accountable. Not much happened to him though, so mostly no harm, no foul. Still, I think it's important to make it known that it serious as f' to make those accusations.

Ground Control
08-18-2018, 04:29 AM

The fact that it is so hard to be proved is testament to how serious we have to treat this issue.

Ground Control
08-18-2018, 05:33 AM
Don’t let the son of a bitch room with AJ Johnson.

I pity the Aussie if Johnson's partner comes in and A.J. says 'Lock the door'.

BeefStew25
08-18-2018, 07:56 PM
Male dominated society sucks. I love being a man...but don't feel that has to have anything to do with domination of peers of any sex. Equality just makes life way more interesting. And I completely agree with every point you make. Women are not lying and any man that has his eyes and ears open during any given day knows this.

Make me a sandwich.

BeefStew25
08-18-2018, 08:00 PM
So an accusation is essentially the burden of proof?

wayninja
08-18-2018, 11:05 PM
Ooooh, the rare sextuple post. And in a thread about rape no less.