PDA

View Full Version : Vikings game a perfect expose’ of coaching and management

atwater27
08-12-2018, 08:27 AM
Yes, I know it’s preseason.
That said, the following MUST be said about yesterday’s game: this is directed at Elway and VJ
1. Watching the QB who you should have signed completely outshine the one you settled for while at the same time roasting your vaunted defense had to have been maddening.
2. Watching Siemian, (you know, the guy who sucked so bad last year that you dumped him) completely outshine the guy you decided to keep out of the 2, while at the same time throwing 2 touchdowns against your vaunted defense just added insult to injury. Note to Elway: stop holding on to hope that Lynch is not a bust. Dump him and move on.
3. Watching the 3rd string Viking QB Kyle Sloter who you never should have traded and who many thought should have been the starter last season continue the shred fest against your vaunted defense had to have been the angry cherry on top.
4. Vance Joseph, how could you have allowed this to play out like I described? How could you not have motivated the guys enough to understand the symbolic importance of this game to Elway and the franchise? This effort exposed so many terrible decisions the coaching, scouting, GM and organization has made when it comes to drafting, developing, keeping and signing quarterbacks. And, of course, signing coaches. I’ll be surprised if you last the year.

NightTerror218
08-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Preseaon

atwater27
08-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Preseaon

first sentence of the post

Davii
08-12-2018, 11:38 AM
1. KC signed where he wanted. He was never coming here.

2. Not keeping Simean here isn't a problem, he sucks. Keeping Lynch is stupid. Both should be gone.

3. Vaunted 3rd stringers and camp fodder? Those two don't go together. Sloter should be in Denver, he got offered more money.... it happens....

4. Fire Vance.

7DnBrnc53
08-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Siemian didn't really shine. He almost threw a few more picks, he had two drives extended by penalty (one led to a FG), and one of his TD passes was set up by an INT.

NightTerror218
08-13-2018, 10:25 AM
Game changed when no Miller or Harris or Roby on field.we are not that deep at all positions.

nevcraw
08-13-2018, 10:48 AM
Sloter wasn’t traded - he was cut and they hoped he made it to practice squad - vikes signed him.

Timmy!
08-13-2018, 06:53 PM
1. KC signed where he wanted. He was never coming here.

2. Not keeping Simean here isn't a problem, he sucks. Keeping Lynch is stupid. Both should be gone.

3. Vaunted 3rd stringers and camp fodder? Those two don't go together. Sloter should be in Denver, he got offered more money.... it happens....

4. Fire Vance.

Davii 4 president.

WARHORSE
08-14-2018, 12:36 AM
Im still shaking my head on how we let Sloter go after what we saw of him.

Dumbest move ever.

Was that Elway?

Seems to me VJ is the man who makes those calls.

atwater27
08-14-2018, 12:50 AM
Sloter wasn’t traded - he was cut and they hoped he made it to practice squad - vikes signed him.

Either way it was the wrong move

atwater27
08-14-2018, 12:52 AM
Siemian didn't really shine. He almost threw a few more picks, he had two drives extended by penalty (one led to a FG), and one of his TD passes was set up by an INT.

I’m not defending siemian. I’m pointing out the cluster**** debacle of allowing a crappy QB to come back to town and school you.

Shazam!
08-14-2018, 05:00 AM
I hear everyone's disappointment, BUT ifbthey somehow found a possible franchise QB in Kelly, im pumped

Valar Morghulis
08-14-2018, 05:33 AM
We went 4-0 in the preseason last year and looked like we could be competitive right up until that giants game in week 6

I am honestly not sure how much we can actually learn from the Vikings game's FTR I hate VJ and Keenum, and expect them to fail, but that won't be an evidenced opinion until late October (ish), I am certainly not ready to write off the season before September

Shazam!
08-14-2018, 06:04 AM
If Keenum somehow falls flat the calls for Kelly would be like calls for Tebow all over again, rightfully so.

atwater27
08-14-2018, 07:24 AM
We went 4-0 in the preseason last year and looked like we could be competitive right up until that giants game in week 6

I am honestly not sure how much we can actually learn from the Vikings game's FTR I hate VJ and Keenum, and expect them to fail, but that won't be an evidenced opinion until late October (ish), I am certainly not ready to write off the season before Septemberim not writing off the season. I’m excited as hell for it. I’m just furious and incredulous that VJ allowed the team to come out like that and get clowned by those QBs. And still pissed they let Sloter go.

Shazam!
08-14-2018, 07:30 AM
]im not writing off the season. I’m excited as hell for it. I’m just furious and incredulous that VJ allowed the team to come out like that and get clowned by those QBs. And still pissed they let Sloter go.

That is exactly why there is a cause for concern. The team looked dead, unmotivated and uninspired, like all of last year. And its only Game 1 of preseason