https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-release-first-depth-chart-of-season

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1026859096069132288?s=21

https://twitter.com/troyrenck/status/1026858944788975616?s=21

Poet
08-07-2018, 11:04 AM
I love Chubb.

atwater27
08-07-2018, 01:00 PM
Surprised Lindsay is last on the depth chart. Everything I’ve been reading suggests he has been balling out.

Magnificent Seven
08-07-2018, 01:29 PM
I am surprised that Jeff Heuerman is our starting TE. I thought Austin Traylor would be our starting TE.

MOtorboat
08-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Heuerman!?

I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart.

Magnificent Seven
08-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Heuerman!?

I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart.

Maybe it is just for pre season. They might revamp the depth chart after pre season?

MOtorboat
08-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Maybe it is just for pre season. They might revamp the depth chart after pre season?

I believe the NFL requires teams to issue a depth chart each week during camp.

BroncoWave
08-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Heuerman!?

It might be a good idea not to get mad at the first depth chart. :D

VonDoom
08-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Surprised Lindsay is last on the depth chart. Everything I’ve been reading suggests he has been balling out.

He’s listed as the #1 KR right now, which I think is important if he’s going to make the team. No way at this stage he’d be listed above Booker, Freeman or even Henderson. Things will definitely change but KR means he has a role that’s not just RB fodder

VonDoom
08-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Heuerman!?

Have to figure Butt jumps over him at some point, maybe even Fumagali. Veterans usually get the early spots on these charts - it’s more telling for those who don’t (Ray behind Chubb, Langley behind Yiadom)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-07-2018, 03:14 PM
It might be a good idea not to get mad at the first depth chart. :D

Remember that time Jarvis Moss was first on the depth chart in camp?

I think that dude made about $10 mil per tackle while in Denver.

gregbroncs
08-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Heuerman!?

I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart. I am not going to get mad at the first depth chart.Relax, it's not like McKenzie is our Punt Returner again....Wait....Shit!

DenBronx
08-07-2018, 03:50 PM
I can't wait to see Chubb play opposite of Miller. QBs are literally going to shit their pants!

VonDoom
08-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Relax, it's not like McKenzie is our Punt Returner again....Wait....Shit!

I believe VJ said Jordan Taylor would have been listed as the #1 PR if he hadn’t been injured

FanInAZ
08-07-2018, 04:22 PM
I can't wait to see Chubb play opposite of Miller. QBs are literally going to shit their pants!

Is Chubb going to be a DE or LB?

ChubbNYiadom
08-07-2018, 04:30 PM

He's the SAM backer.

MOtorboat
08-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Oh. He'll be fumbling punts this year. I'm resolved to that...

UnderArmour
08-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Oh. He'll be fumbling punts this year. I'm resolved to that...

"He's our punt returner. With the ball in his hands he's a special returner."

MOtorboat
08-07-2018, 06:09 PM
"He's our punt returner. With the ball in his hands he's a special returner."

“I don’t get it, he catches the ball on Wednesday.”

Poet
08-07-2018, 06:12 PM
“I don’t get it, he catches the ball on Wednesday.”

Puzzling.

tomjonesrocks
08-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Puzzling.

Damn you King. I’d successfully erased the memory of “puzzling”.

tomjonesrocks
08-07-2018, 06:52 PM

Has Chubb looked good in camp? Have only heard Ray is outplaying him...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Yes

ShaneFalco
08-07-2018, 08:31 PM
musgrave calls lynch "8 plays pax"

and somehow he is still #2

slim
08-07-2018, 08:36 PM
musgrave calls lynch "8 plays pax"

and somehow he is still #2

Shoulda kept Sloter

BroncoWave
08-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Shoulda kept Sloter

lol

slim
08-07-2018, 08:39 PM
lol

Don't you take that tone with me!

BroncoWave
08-07-2018, 08:42 PM
Don't you take that tone with me!

Ok, fine. But don't say I didn't tell you so when siemian beats out sloter in camp for a second team in two years. :D

slim
08-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Ok, fine. But don't say I didn't tell you so when siemian beats out sloter in camp for a second team in two years. :D

Meh. My point was more along the lines of Sloter v Lynch. Who would you rather have on the roster?

BroncoWave
08-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Meh. My point was more along the lines of Sloter v Lynch. Who would you rather have on the roster?

Can I pick neither?

slim
08-07-2018, 09:24 PM
Can I pick neither?

No. Pick now!

VonDoom
08-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Has Chubb looked good in camp? Have only heard Ray is outplaying him...

I’ve heard that Ray looks good but I didn’t see anyone say he’s outplayed Chubb. From what I gather, Chubb is more versatile against the run and even in coverage; Ray seems to be exclusively a sub package pass rusher at this point

Hawgdriver
08-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Good grief. Sloter can QB, Lynch can't. This ain't rocket math and doesn't need expert analysis. You don't get the Talib walk of honor unless you can ball.

ShaneFalco
08-07-2018, 10:22 PM
i just bought madden 19.

and i traded Lynch to vikings for Sloter

MOtorboat
08-07-2018, 10:26 PM
Madden out already?

Hawgdriver
08-07-2018, 10:33 PM
i just bought madden 19.

and i traded Lynch to vikings for Sloter

:lol:

I appreciate this.

To all you that take things to the extreme...Sloter isn't a savior. He's just a dude that flashed that steep learning curve ability to translate his abilities to the NFL. If he started in the NFL this year I predict that team would lose games because he is starting. I see more of a Tony Romo trajectory (best case) for him. A dude worth developing. Unlike Paxton, who has never flashed and has repeatedly demonstrated a weak learning curve and inability to translate his skills to the NFL.

ShaneFalco
08-08-2018, 03:04 AM
Madden out already?

yes

ShaneFalco
08-08-2018, 03:05 AM
:lol:

I appreciate this.

To all you that take things to the extreme...Sloter isn't a savior. He's just a dude that flashed that steep learning curve ability to translate his abilities to the NFL. If he started in the NFL this year I predict that team would lose games because he is starting. I see more of a Tony Romo trajectory (best case) for him. A dude worth developing. Unlike Paxton, who has never flashed and has repeatedly demonstrated a weak learning curve and inability to translate his skills to the NFL.

paxton looks like he is completely lost on the field. thats the scariest part.

Cugel
08-08-2018, 10:18 AM
I am surprised that Jeff Heuerman is our starting TE. I thought Austin Traylor would be our starting TE.

Starting on opening day is different from top of the depth chart prior to the first pre-season game in August.

I think Traylor will be the starting day TE against the Seahawks on September 9.

GEM
08-08-2018, 02:47 PM

They'd do well not to try to sneak him onto the practice squad. He does have being first on kick returns and 3rd on punt returns going for him. He was all over the field during special teams on Sunday when I went down. He looks impressive.

TXBRONC
08-08-2018, 02:59 PM
They'd do well not to try to sneak him onto the practice squad. He does have being first on kick returns and 3rd on punt returns going for him. He was all over the field during special teams on Sunday when I went down. He looks impressive.

I wouldn't worry to much about where Lindsay is on the depth chart as far as the runningbacks are concerned because he is first on the kick returner depth chart. If he keeps having good camp he's going to be on the final roster.

GEM
08-08-2018, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about where Lindsay is on the depth chart as far as the runningbacks are concerned because he is first on the kick returner depth chart. If he keeps having good camp he's going to be on the final roster.

Normally I wouldn't be, but this is the same staff hanging onto Lynch. Same staff who wouldn't even give Henderson a shot at RB last year. Same staff who still had McKenzie returning punts last season and have him listed as #1 pr on the depth chart, even though he's already muffed punts and catches in the preseason. I just don't trust the staff with talent.

ChubbNYiadom
08-08-2018, 09:58 PM
The Broncos have played a pre season game already?

GEM
08-09-2018, 10:58 AM
The Broncos have played a pre season game already?

Training camp....is that better??? Anything before the season is preseason, but if you want to get stupid technical...training camp. If I said preseason games, you'd have a point. Better? :rolleyes:

Freyaka
08-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Madden out already?

Yes, I unfortunately have already played and hated it.

Cugel
08-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post

Look where he is on the WR dept chart. He's about 7th, behind some dude named River Cracraft.

First off, who names their child "river"? What's next? "Boat" or "Harbor"?

In any event that means McKenzie is about 7th on the depth chart right now, so unless he's suddenly going to turn into Deven Hester, he's not going to make the team.

Cugel
08-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Shoulda kept Sloter

Still on "Team Sloter", eh? Well, after all the hype from people bent out of shape about losing Sloter, he inspired so much confidence in Mike Zimmer that he went out and acquired Trevor Siemian to back up Cousins.

Still, they should have kept Siemian as a backup and gotten rid of Lynch. Elway keeps trying flog that dead horse but he's starting to shine and stink pretty bad in the hot August sun, and somebody is going to have to get a back-hoe and bury that bloated carcass pretty soon or we'll be in for a serious health hazard. He's also starting to attract blow-flies which is never a good sign in your backup QB.