PDA

View Full Version : Camcorders

FanInAZ
08-04-2018, 02:53 PM
I need a new camcorder for making videos that are often an hour and a half in length, and usually involves audience participation in public forums with a max seating capacity of about 4 dozen. Every so often, I have someone complain that my videos are hard to hear what the audience is saying because I got the cheapest 1 that Fry's Electronics was selling at the time. So, although I can't afford the most high end camcorder on the market, the cheapest isn't going to meet my needs. I'd also like to be able to live stream my presentations, but I can live without it, especially when I'm not confident in my ability to make the tech work.

The following link is to a Google Shopping search I did of camcorders in my price range: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZKTG_enUS777US777&biw=1366&bih=669&tbm=shop&q=camcorder&tbs=vw%3Al%2Cmr%3A1%2Ccat%3A155%2Cinit_ar%3ASgVKAw ibAQ%3D%3D%2Cprice%3A1%2Cppr_min%3A100%2Cppr_max%3 A199&ei=PvxlW_vbD6ia0gLU25OwBw&ved=0ahUKEwj78rPhjtTcAhUojVQKHdTtBHYQuisIvAMoBA

I don't know what the filter options, "Action Camera" and "Sensor resolution," means.

So, which of these camcorders (I assume with the big mic attached to the top) would be the best for my needs?

Davii
08-05-2018, 08:41 PM
I need a new camcorder for making videos that are often an hour and a half in length, and usually involves audience participation in public forums with a max seating capacity of about 4 dozen. Every so often, I have someone complain that my videos are hard to hear what the audience is saying because I got the cheapest 1 that Fry's Electronics was selling at the time. So, although I can't afford the most high end camcorder on the market, the cheapest isn't going to meet my needs. I'd also like to be able to live stream my presentations, but I can live without it, especially when I'm not confident in my ability to make the tech work.

The following link is to a Google Shopping search I did of camcorders in my price range: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZKTG_enUS777US777&biw=1366&bih=669&tbm=shop&q=camcorder&tbs=vw%3Al%2Cmr%3A1%2Ccat%3A155%2Cinit_ar%3ASgVKAw ibAQ%3D%3D%2Cprice%3A1%2Cppr_min%3A100%2Cppr_max%3 A199&ei=PvxlW_vbD6ia0gLU25OwBw&ved=0ahUKEwj78rPhjtTcAhUojVQKHdTtBHYQuisIvAMoBA

I don't know what the filter options, "Action Camera" and "Sensor resolution," means.

So, which of these camcorders (I assume with the big mic attached to the top) would be the best for my needs?

Skip those. Get a GoPro. You can add external mics if needed, live stream if you want, save them directly to your computer for later, etc.

Look in your craigslist. Someone is selling one cheap.