PDA

View Full Version : Brian Dawkins credits wife, Connie, for saving his life

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Hall of Fame safety Brian Dawkins credits his wife for saving his life after coming "very" close to killing himself early in his career.

Brian Dawkins, who has discussed contemplating suicide in the past, turned to alcohol and had a difficult time controlling his emotions early in his career with the Philadelphia Eagles. In a recent interview with the Philadelphia Daily News, his wife, Connie, recalled a time when anger got the better of her husband and he ran head-first into a door.

She called then-Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Emmitt Thomas that day to talk with her husband because he was suffering from depression and migraines as a result of the pressure he was feeling.

"Going to a new city. Wanting to be the best. The expectations the team had for him. The pressures of a new family -- little Brian had just been born back then. I was sick with an infection," Connie Dawkins told the newspaper.

rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24254395/brian-dawkins-credits-wife-saving-life

Shazam!
08-01-2018, 08:43 PM
One of the unsung heroes of the Broncos during the lost years. Too bad he wasnt with Denver during the Manning years

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-01-2018, 09:05 PM
One of the unsung heroes of the Broncos during the lost years. Too bad he wasnt with Denver during the Manning years

One of my all time favorite Broncos, even though he spent most of his career as an Eagle. There are a lot of people who feel that way about Lynch, and Dawkins was a better football player.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
2h2 hours ago

Broncos will show appreciation for Dawkins' time with team by sending contingent to his induction ceremony Saturday night in Canton: Trainer Steve "Greek" Antonopulos, strength/conditioning coach Loren Landow, PR boss Patrick Smyth, former safety great Steve Atwater. #9sports

UnderArmour
08-05-2018, 06:32 PM
His speech was my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6UxF14vPM0

Guy played with a chip on his shoulder and so much passion and energy. Respected him as an Eagle, loved him as a Bronco, and guy no doubt belongs in the hall.