PDA

View Full Version : Wide Receivers

MOtorboat
08-01-2018, 01:07 PM
There's a lot of dudes for about five or six spots:

Corey Brown, Mark Chapman, Kenny Bell, John Diarse, DaeSean Hamilton, Courtland Sutton, River Cracraft, Isaiah McKenzie, Tom Patrick, Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Leslie on active roster. PUP, Jordan Taylor. Did not report, Carlos Henderson, Jimmy Williams.

My thoughts
WR1, Demaryius Thomas
WR2, Emmanuel Sanders
WR3, Courtland Sutton
WR4, DaeSean Hamilton
WR5/6 and ST, Corey Brown, Isaiah McKenzie

BeefStew25
08-01-2018, 01:17 PM
I like Henderson.

DenBronx
08-01-2018, 02:22 PM
104.3 The Fan said Tom Patrick is making a strong impression in camp so far. They are calling him this years Jordan Taylor. He is what, 6'4?

Looks like we are stacked at WR and the competition is heavy. One thing is for sure, Sanders is letting them know who is still the starter.

MOtorboat
08-01-2018, 02:37 PM
104.3 The Fan said Tom Patrick is making a strong impression in camp so far. They are calling him this years Jordan Taylor. He is what, 6'4?

Looks like we are stacked at WR and the competition is heavy. One thing is for sure, Sanders is letting them know who is still the starter.

Interesting. I hadn’t heard that. I hope this talk of receivers impressing isn’t just smoke. Need as many weapons as they can get.

BroncoWave
08-01-2018, 03:13 PM
I can't wait to watch Sutton play. Between his college tape and the reports I've seen out of camp, he really seems like he has the potential to be special.

turftoad
08-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Interesting. I hadn’t heard that. I hope this talk of receivers impressing isn’t just smoke. Need as many weapons as they can get.

The receivers are impressing because they finally have a QB that can get them the ball!! :D

DenBronx
08-01-2018, 05:18 PM

The receivers are impressing because they finally have a QB that can get them the ball!! :D

This is probably true. Our WR core has been starving for a legit QB to throw it to them.

First preseason game is coming up! Can't wait!

DenBronx
08-01-2018, 05:22 PM

Brandon Stokley and Zach Bai have been gushing over him. They interviewed him after practice yesterday. Before that I hadn't heard much about Patrick. It will be hard for him to make the main roster, he is going to have to tear it up in preseason, not just camp.

BeefStew25
08-01-2018, 05:42 PM
I honestly think Stokleys best days are behind him and I think it’s time we move on.

DenBronx
08-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Looks like Sutton had a monster day in practice. #81 towards the end is Patrick, he is actually 6'5, our tallest WR. These guys all look angry which is good. Our offense just might have some bite this year.

https://youtu.be/Zkdw20K6m_g

Softskull
08-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Sutton has been a freak show and that give me a chubby.
Then I remember it's day five in training camp.

Timmy!
08-02-2018, 04:03 AM
Sutton and Hamiton look legit (early). Having an unselfish DT and Sanders to guide them is huge.

broncofaninfla
08-02-2018, 07:11 AM
With what appears to be a pretty deep WR roster this could very well be DT and or ES last season with Denver. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver keep a couple of the younger guys on the practice squad for next season.

Shazam!
08-02-2018, 07:27 AM
With what appears to be a pretty deep WR roster this could very well be DT and or ES last season with Denver. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver keep a couple of the younger guys on the practice squad for next season.

Im nearly certain that was Elway's plan.

Davii
08-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Im nearly certain that was Elway's plan.

If they're impressing as much as we hear they are it might be difficult

BroncoWave
08-02-2018, 08:08 AM
I don't think we'll get rid of both DT and ES after the season, but I definitely think one will go.

Davii
08-02-2018, 08:18 AM
I don't think we'll get rid of both DT and ES after the season, but I definitely think one will go.

ES has talked a lot alot about moving into the slot. Folks "in the know" say he's very excited about the possibilities in the new offense, moving inside, moving outside, etc.

If all true, he's the cheaper of the two, and I could see ES taking a small pay cut to stay as a slot receiver. DT is a #1, anywhere except a maybe a team with Antonio Brown, and he will get #1 money.

BroncoWave
08-02-2018, 08:22 AM
ES has talked a lot alot about moving into the slot. Folks "in the know" say he's very excited about the possibilities in the new offense, moving inside, moving outside, etc.

If all true, he's the cheaper of the two, and I could see ES taking a small pay cut to stay as a slot receiver. DT is a #1, anywhere except a maybe a team with Antonio Brown, and he will get #1 money.

I agree that DT would seem the more likely of the two to go next year.