PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to hire DeMarcus Ware as pass-rush consultant

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2018, 10:21 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- After an offseason audition of sorts, the Denver Broncos will hire DeMarcus Ware as a pass rush consultant for the upcoming season, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Ware will work on a part-time basis on select days each month, the source said. He has already worked some with the Broncos during the team's offseason program.

Ware played with the Broncos for the last three seasons of his 12-year career, including the team's win in Super Bowl 50. Ware, who struggled with back troubles in his final season with the team, retired after the 2016 season.

rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23780831/demarcus-ware-join-denver-broncos-pass-rush-consultant

VonDoom
06-13-2018, 10:23 AM
I love this!

Davii
06-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Glad to see it. Hopefully this pays dividends. I think it will for sure.

tomjonesrocks
06-13-2018, 10:52 AM
Seems like a good thing. Unsure this defense will ever get the same swagger back with Wade in LA and Ward and Talib gone, but by all accounts Ware's leadership has been sorely missed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2018, 11:09 AM
Seems like a good thing. Unsure this defense will ever get the same swagger back with Wade in LA and Ward and Talib gone, but by all accounts Ware's leadership has been sorely missed.

I think Chubb is gonna bring an intensity to the D.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
58m58 minutes ago

As Von Miller said about his former teammate/current pass-rush consultant DeMarcus Ware:"Whether he likes it or not, it's his calling. He's a great teacher, a great mentor.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
1h1 hour ago

Confirming Broncos are finalizing deal to make DeMarcus Ware their part-time pass rush consultant. He'll be around about 40-50 days a year, couple practices. Technique and strategy consulting role. He'll work with Bill Kollar, Reggie Herring, Chris Beake. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2018, 02:04 PM
Troy Renck
‏Verified account @TroyRenck
3h3 hours ago

#Broncos have exclusive deal with @DeMarcusWare to serve as part time pass rush consultant. So for those asking, he would not be able to coach with another team, the Cowboys for example. #Denver7

SoCalImport
06-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Possible start of a career in coaching for DWare?

DenBronx
06-14-2018, 01:24 AM
Can we go get Peyton Manning for the offense now?

Davii
06-14-2018, 01:32 PM
Can we go get Peyton Manning for the offense now?

I’d love it, but I don’t think we’re running an offense Peyton would want to come teach. As a QB whisperer in general I could see it for sure.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-14-2018, 02:20 PM
I’d love it, but I don’t think we’re running an offense Peyton would want to come teach. As a QB whisperer in general I could see it for sure.

If anything Manning would be good at keeping people accountable to knowing and doing their job

dogfish
06-14-2018, 02:27 PM
#94 back in the house!

:defense: :salute:

BroncoJoe
06-14-2018, 02:30 PM

I don't think there's another player on earth that would live up to his standards. They'd all drive him nuts.

I don't see him getting into coaching. Some things are intrinsic and not really teachable.

dogfish
06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
I don't think there's another player on earth that would live up to his standards. They'd all drive him nuts.

I don't see him getting into coaching. Some things are intrinsic and not really teachable.

manning's going to get into ownership, not coaching. . .

VonDoom
06-14-2018, 03:34 PM

I was going to say this. He’s got bigger fish to fry when he ultimately gets back into the NFL

Spiritguy
06-14-2018, 03:53 PM
If anything Manning would be good at keeping people accountable to knowing and doing their job To me, this is what Dware brings back to the D, and the team as a whole. He and Peyton held the team to a higher level of accountability. Think we will see the whole team take a step up to meet his standard. :elefant:

There was talk that he will be there a few days a week and possibly home games. This D could be fierce again!

Jsteve01
06-14-2018, 04:13 PM

I was going to say this when I saw it posted earlier. The only thing that would work for him would be as a consultant schematically with Musgrave and the offensive coaches. He couldn't work with positional players without getting extremely frustrated I would think

Davii
06-14-2018, 04:28 PM

I would not be at all shocked to see him come into a front office role for a couple years to gain experience before pulling a Newsome/Elway/Lynch as the Saints GM/VP or getting involved in an ownership group for a team.

dogfish
06-14-2018, 04:32 PM
I was going to say this. He’s got bigger fish to fry when he ultimately gets back into the NFL

most definitely. . . he's already part owner of the memphis grizzlies. . . i do think there's a great chance that he'll want to be involved with the NFL going forward, but he's not going to work long hours away from his family for what position coaches and coordinators make. . . if he doesn't head up an ownership group, or take a high-profile broadcasting gig, i can see him potentially working as a front office executive or management-level consultant, similar to the role elway initially assumed here. . . if he ever goes into coaching, it'll be something like working with a local high school team for the fun of it. . .

Davii
06-14-2018, 04:40 PM
To me, this is what Dware brings back to the D, and the team as a whole. He and Peyton held the team to a higher level of accountability. Think we will see the whole team take a step up to meet his standard. :elefant:

There was talk that he will be there a few days a week and possibly home games. This D could be fierce again!

Hopefully he can have that sort of impact while not playing. No telling how the guys who never played with him will respond

Nomad
06-15-2018, 05:09 PM

Ware can start his own coaching swagger. ;) Ware was a leader. This defense is missing that element. I believe Ware can get this :defense: fired up.

Nomad
06-15-2018, 05:30 PM
I believe the Broncos need a Manning/Ware coaching combo. I like their high standards.

FanInAZ
06-15-2018, 06:51 PM
If anything Manning would be good at keeping people accountable to knowing and doing their job

I think the best thing he could do for QBs, HCs & OCs is to teach them how to dissect game film in order to expose every chink in an opposing D's armor. Yes, all QBs, HCs & OCs do this, but how many do it as well as Manning?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-15-2018, 09:37 PM
It's official. The Denver Broncos have hired DeMarcus Ware as a pass rushing consultant.

“It’s good for us," Head Coach Vance Joseph said on Wednesday. "Obviously, he’s a guy who can teach pass rush. He’s going to be our pass rush consultant. He’s going to be in here a couple times a week, hopefully for home games also... It’s a good piece to have as part of our staff.”

Ware helped out for a couple of days' worth of OTA sessions back in May but he's now locked in with the Broncos exclusively. Dallas Cowboys fans might be a little stung over Ware's defection back to Denver, but the nine-time Pro Bowl pass rusher explained that his decision to return to the Mile High City had nothing to do with reconnecting with old teammates.

“It didn’t have anything to do with that," Ware said on Wednesday. "It was just a great opportunity for me to come up here and help out the Denver Broncos. I wish I could help out both teams (Dallas Cowboys), but with the league, you can’t do that. You’ve just got to choose your battles and this right here was my choice.”

Ware's excited about his new role and the fact that it's official now. He talked about what drew him to Denver's unique coaching offer.

rest - https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/DeMarcus-Ware-talks-about-why-he-chose-to-coach-with-the-Denver-Broncos-not-the-Dallas-Cowboys-119030111/

Davii
06-15-2018, 10:04 PM
rest - https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/DeMarcus-Ware-talks-about-why-he-chose-to-coach-with-the-Denver-Broncos-not-the-Dallas-Cowboys-119030111/

Ware is a great guy. Happy to have him helping out and I hope he grows and takes on bigger roles in Denver

Shazam!
06-17-2018, 05:25 AM
Im all for ex-Broncos becoming consuktants and having a presence with the team. Always thought Rod, Romo, Atwater and D. Smith would have been a commanding presences in practices during the post-Elway years.

Poet
06-19-2018, 12:25 PM
I love DeMarcus Ware as a player and as a man.

LawDog
06-21-2018, 01:17 PM
I love DeMarcus Ware as a player and as a man.

He is a great human being.

BeefStew25
06-21-2018, 04:21 PM
I find him very handsome.

Poet
06-21-2018, 07:27 PM
I find him very handsome.

I would welcome him inside me, but he can do better.

Nomad
06-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Does Ware retire and go into the HoF a Bronco, Cowboy, or both?

Poet
06-21-2018, 10:29 PM
Does Ware retire and go into the HoF a Bronco, Cowboy, or both?

You're listed under each team you played for. Dallas cost him off to save money and then he came here and experienced a real football culture and got a ring.

He's *really* a Bronco.

Nomad
06-21-2018, 10:33 PM
You're listed under each team you played for. Dallas cost him off to save money and then he came here and experienced a real football culture and got a ring.

He's *really* a Bronco.

I know that face, who is the guy in your avi?

Poet
06-21-2018, 10:41 PM
I know that face, who is the guy in your avi?

Hakeem Olajuwon.

Nomad
06-21-2018, 10:44 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon.

A brain fart. I remember watching him with the Rockets.

Poet
06-21-2018, 10:45 PM

He is a God, Nomad. We love him.

Nomad
06-21-2018, 10:48 PM

He was a damn good player.

Is Ware a Bronco God?

Poet
06-21-2018, 10:53 PM
He was a damn good player.

Is Ware a Bronco God?

He's the second biggest reason I became a Denver fan, so to me he is. I don't feel like I've been around long enough to declare someone a Denver God, or stuff like that. I'm the new guy on the block, I know my place.

Nomad
06-21-2018, 10:57 PM

BTW....Olajuwon should of got the role on 'Space Jam' over Bradley....JMO.

DenBronx
06-22-2018, 04:52 AM

#notthebestcenterofalltime

Jsteve01
06-30-2018, 02:58 PM

#notthebestcenterofalltime

So just for Giggles give me the centers in the history of the NBA that are better than him Bronx

sneakers
07-02-2018, 05:54 AM
he should hire himself a back health consultant

JPPT1974
07-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Ware is a classy player but an even classier person there from what I hear and the way he conducts himself.

Jsteve01
07-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Ware is a classy player but an even classier person there from what I hear and the way he conducts himself.

We've signed some good players from other teams in the history of the Broncos. But I can honestly say that where was just one of my favorite guys in the league even though he hailed from the hated cowgirls. Just loved everything about the way he played the game. He was the rare combination of superior athletic ability with the mental side of the game, a great attitude, and a work ethic that was Second To None. I really think that the progression that we saw from Von was directly related to his time with Demarcus