PDA

View Full Version : 10 players who've stood out during Denver's voluntary OTAs

DenBronx
06-10-2018, 08:22 PM
The Denver Broncos just wrapped up three weeks of Organized Team Activities. Peppered throughout were 10 voluntary practices, as mandated by the NFL.

Compared to training camp, OTAs might not be as immediately affecting, but they are a piece to the greater puzzle the Broncos are putting together in 2018. With a Draft class of 10 players, plus a crop of undrafted rookies, the Broncos are rolling into this summer with a wealth of youth on the roster.

Combined with the Draft classes of 2016 and 2017, the Broncos are no longer one of the oldest teams in the league, as they were when the likes of*Peyton Manning*and*DeMarcus Ware*were around. This is a young Broncos squad, replete with unknown quantities.

But that’s a good thing. And it could be the impetus of a monumental turnaround.

Coming off a 5-11 season, the Broncos are sandwiched between a World Championship and a new era. But in order for Denver to emerge from this awkward period, realize it's goals, and make some new entries in the franchise annals, the youth of the roster has to carry it’s weight.

With that in mind, which players stood out over the last three weeks of voluntary OTAs? While it isn’t easy to distinguish oneself without pads and without contact, several players found a way to do so.

Rest:
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ContentGallery/10-players-whove-stood-out-during-the-Denver-Broncos-voluntary-OTA-practices--118925322

DenBronx
06-10-2018, 08:24 PM
I think Cortland Sutton could end up being the steal of the draft. Can't wait to see this guy play in preseason.

Josey Jewell seems like a tackling machine and has got high praise from teammates.

I like how most of our draft class were team captains and leaders. John really seemed to nail the draft this time.

Tned
06-10-2018, 11:23 PM
I think Cortland Sutton could end up being the steal of the draft. Can't wait to see this guy play in preseason.

Josey Jewell seems like a tackling machine and has got high praise from teammates.

I like how most of our draft class were team captains and leaders. John really seemed to nail the draft this time.

Until we see them play for a few years, it's really hard to judge a draft. But on paper I think this is a really good draft by Elway and company.

BeefStew25
06-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Now we gel

DenBronx
06-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Now we gel

I hate you.:laugh:

Freyaka
06-14-2018, 09:48 AM
I hate you.:laugh:

I'm pretty sure I'm the one he continuously mocks with this response so I'm not sure why you are so down on him lol

BroncoWave
06-14-2018, 09:51 AM

Agreed. I can't wait to see Sutton play. I really think he could be a star.

BeefStew25
06-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Sutton could be good. Josey likes to tackle. Chubb is a rookie.

Hawgdriver
06-14-2018, 12:01 PM
I threw out the idea of drafting Sutton at #5 (which is prolly dumb but I did it)...getting him as late as we did was stellar.

DenBronx
06-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Sutton could be good. Josey likes to tackle. Chubb is a rookie.

Your responses are always so calculated, well thought out and deep.

DenBronx
06-14-2018, 05:56 PM
I threw out the idea of drafting Sutton at #5 (which is prolly dumb but I did it)...getting him as late as we did was stellar.

Reports in mini camp are saying him and Hamilton are doing really good. Hamilton burned Roby deep yesterday and Sutton is winning 1 on 1s. We have alot of money tied up between DT and Sanders so it would be nice if both of these rookies turn out being the real deal in case we lose one of our starters.

DenBronx
06-20-2018, 07:48 PM
Josey Jewell continues to earn praise from coaches & teammates

ByCHAD JENSEN*

The Denver Broncos were able to trap lightning in a bottle with the off-ball linebacker duo of*Brandon Marshalland*Danny Trevathan*in 2015, but since then, one could argue that it’s been the weakness of the defense. That’s why when Denver selected Iowa linebacker*Josey Jewell*at the top of the fourth round in the 2018 NFL Draft, it felt like football serendipity.

Coming out of high school, Jewell was a two-star recruit who found the demand for his services in Division I NCAA football rather mild. However, after accepting an offer from Iowa, he doggedly attacked the game and quickly grew his role as a Hawkeye.

By the time Jewell walked away from Iowa football, he was the school’s all-time leading tackler, a ‘Permanent Team Captain’ and entered the NFL Draft as the reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year. It was Jewell, not the likes of 2018 first-rounders*Roquan Smith*and*Tremaine Edmunds, who was named the recipient of the 2017 Jack Lambert Award (given to the nation’s top linebacker).

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Denver-Broncos-rookie-LB-Josey-Jewell-continues-to-earn-praise-from-coaches-teammates--119209266/

Simple Jaded
06-22-2018, 08:54 PM
The Broncos had exactly two starters over the age of 30 when they won the SB, they weren’t even close to being the oldest team in the league.

sneakers
06-28-2018, 04:38 AM

I don't like his first name.....never trust anyone with 2 last names as a name

TXBRONC
07-07-2018, 10:26 PM
I don't like his first name.....never trust anyone with 2 last names as a name

I hear ya, I don't trust anyone who plays the oboe. :wave: :D

MasterShake
07-08-2018, 09:49 AM
I mean usually I look forward to preseason for the 3rd game and the start of the season, but this year I may be glued to all 4 just to see some of the hidden talent we may have gotten. Only a month away!

Shazam!
07-08-2018, 10:07 AM
I mean usually I look forward to preseason for the 3rd game and the start of the season, but this year I may be glued to all 4 just to see some of the hidden talent we may have gotten. Only a month away!

Dying too see Lynch and Kelly battle for 2nd spot

MOtorboat
07-08-2018, 10:15 AM

Dying seems like a decent metaphor for that.

FanInAZ
07-08-2018, 10:56 AM

I'd like to see Lynch challenge Keenum for the starting spot. Don't get me wrong, I believe in CK's ability to be our starter, but you don't draft someone in the 1st round to be a career backup. Lynch was drafted to eventually become our starter and I like to see him start showing himself to have such abilities. Having 2 legitimate starters a QB would enable us to use 1 as trade bait so we can shore up positions that we're weak at, like the OL.

MOtorboat
07-08-2018, 11:02 AM
I’m excited about Jake Butt. I hope he makes Keenum look good.

DenBronx
07-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Well looks like camp is going to start on the 29th so just a few weeks away. I am more excited to see this rookie class than I have been in a very long time. I feel like many of these guys are going to become starters very soon.

MasterShake
07-08-2018, 11:33 AM

I like Kelly's story but I hope it's not even close and Lynch makes it clear that he is the backup. I'd hate to think Elway and co. was THAT off on the pick. It'd be nice if we can salvage something out of Paxton, but I mostly hope Keenum is more than a short-term answer to be honest.

Shazam!
07-08-2018, 12:35 PM

I like Kelly's story but I hope it's not even close and Lynch makes it clear that he is the backup. I'd hate to think Elway and co. was THAT off on the pick. It'd be nice if we can salvage something out of Paxton, but I mostly hope Keenum is more than a short-term answer to be honest.

I don't think it's quite Lynchs fault considering all the changed at OC and lack of playing time. Denver did not need a developmental QB, they needed a QB more ready to compete. Elway was driven by his size and arm IMO

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-08-2018, 01:35 PM
I’m excited about Jake Butt. I hope he makes Keenum look good.

I want to see a lot of Butt this preseason.

Canmore
07-09-2018, 12:54 AM
I'd like to see Lynch challenge Keenum for the starting spot. Don't get me wrong, I believe in CK's ability to be our starter, but you don't draft someone in the 1st round to be a career backup. Lynch was drafted to eventually become our starter and I like to see him start showing himself to have such abilities. Having 2 legitimate starters a QB would enable us to use 1 as trade bait so we can shore up positions that we're weak at, like the OL.

Would love to see this happen. Isn't going to.

Canmore
07-09-2018, 12:57 AM

Shake, give it up man. Lynch should be lynched. He sucks. I love Elway, but he needs to retool.

Freyaka
07-09-2018, 09:26 AM

I'm SOOOOOO excited for the preseason this year.

Freyaka
07-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Shake, give it up man. Lynch should be lynched. He sucks. I love Elway, but he needs to retool.

You're a retool....

I'm not even sure what that means, it just felt right there...