PDA

View Full Version : MMQB season predictions

Krugan
06-08-2018, 12:01 PM
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/06/07/nfl-schedule-2018-team-record-predictions-analysis

DENVER BRONCOS: 4–12
The Broncos never figured out their quarterback situation last year, and even the third-ranked scoring defense couldn’t help them muster more than five wins and a dead-last finish in the AFC West. What was telling in Vance Joseph’s first season was the eight-game losing streak in the middle of the season after starting 3-1. (Also telling was Denver getting just one road win, against the hapless Colts in Week 15.) Case Keenum is coming off a season no one saw coming, and I’m not sure I anticipate it happening again for the 30-year-old quarterback.

I dont see us this bad, but pushing .500 is more likely. 7-9 to 9-7 at best.

Way to early to tell at this point, but its at least a talking point this far from anything that matters.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Ouch. I don't think my optimism can accept this.

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 12:08 PM
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/06/07/nfl-schedule-2018-team-record-predictions-analysis

DENVER BRONCOS: 4–12
The Broncos never figured out their quarterback situation last year, and even the third-ranked scoring defense couldn’t help them muster more than five wins and a dead-last finish in the AFC West. What was telling in Vance Joseph’s first season was the eight-game losing streak in the middle of the season after starting 3-1. (Also telling was Denver getting just one road win, against the hapless Colts in Week 15.) Case Keenum is coming off a season no one saw coming, and I’m not sure I anticipate it happening again for the 30-year-old quarterback.

I dont see us this bad, but pushing .500 is more likely. 7-9 to 9-7 at best.

Way to early to tell at this point, but its at least a talking point this far from anything that matters.

So we got better in basically every area and we're supposed to finish worse this year?

I guess it's possible...I mean, we on paper got better in every area last year and went from 9-7 to 5-11...

Hooray for Vance Joseph!

I still don't see us finishing worse than 9-7. I think we're hit 12-4 and playoffs personally. We have an easy schedule.

Buff
06-08-2018, 12:21 PM
I really believe we'll be improved, but man our coaching makes me so nervous.

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 12:25 PM
I really believe we'll be improved, but man our coaching makes me so nervous.

Yea, that's the biggest issue.

Our position coaches and coordinators are great and I trust all of them (well...woods...meh) If we had a solid head coach, this would be a contender, but VJ...guy is an idiot.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Well....perhaps Vance Joseph has improved as a HC.

BroncoJoe
06-08-2018, 12:28 PM

The hate is strong with some here...

Nomad
06-08-2018, 12:36 PM
I get the concern because last year he looked lost. I am hoping he has improved.

BroncoWave
06-08-2018, 12:40 PM
4-12 is certainly in the range of possible outcomes for this team, but it's a stretch to say that's our predicted outcome. I'd agree around .500 seems more likely, but with VJ I wouldn't totally rule out the bottom falling out either.

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 12:49 PM

Perhaps, and perhaps my skill at picking lottery numbers will make me rich.

MOtorboat
06-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Pretty early to try to predict, but I could see a similar record to last season. Not sure they’ll get worse, though.

#tankforjake

Nomad
06-08-2018, 12:52 PM
The 'tank' word. :tsk:

MOtorboat
06-08-2018, 12:54 PM
The 'tank' word. :tsk:

It’s a joke, Nomad. No one in the NFL purposefully tanks.

Besides, we can get Jake at 10.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Perhaps, and perhaps my skill at picking lottery numbers will make me rich.

There is always hope, Frey.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 12:56 PM
It’s a joke, Nomad. No one in the NFL purposefully tanks.

I know. I was being facetious, because I would get wound up last year when folks would mention it. :D

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 01:01 PM
There is always hope, Frey.

I don't trust VJ, but I think we overcome his poor coaching and make the playoffs anyway.

There is a possibility he grows and becomes a good coach...I just have a hard time trusting in that, listening to him talk, he just sounds so clueless about everything.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 01:10 PM
So....if VJ is as bad as many folks believe he'll be, how many games before JFE fires him?

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 01:16 PM
So....if VJ is as bad as many folks believe he'll be, how many games before JFE fires him?

Depends on our record

Nomad
06-08-2018, 01:23 PM
VJ aint gonna be fired, because Broncos are gonna kick ass. :D

BroncoWave
06-08-2018, 01:27 PM

I think he is on the hottest of seats. It sounds like he was all but fired until the last minute. If we start like 1-3 he might be gone.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Somewhere between 7-9&10-6

Poet
06-08-2018, 03:58 PM
8-8.

Then we lie to ourselves that if we just gave Keenum more help we could really make some noise!

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 04:01 PM
8-8.

Then we lie to ourselves that if we just gave Keenum more help we could really make some noise!

If we fall flat this year, it won't be our offense that causes it. I got faith in Bill Musgrave.

It'll be on Joe Woods/VJ.

Poet
06-08-2018, 04:04 PM
If we fall flat this year, it won't be our offense that causes it. I got faith in Bill Musgrave.

It'll be on Joe Woods/VJ.

CK is here to win us games. That's the expectation.

topscribe
06-08-2018, 04:30 PM
So we got better in basically every area and we're supposed to finish worse this year?

I guess it's possible...I mean, we on paper got better in every area last year and went from 9-7 to 5-11...

Hooray for Vance Joseph!

I still don't see us finishing worse than 9-7. I think we're hit 12-4 and playoffs personally. We have an easy schedule.
Said most everything I was going to say. I might add that the Broncos are adding statistically
one of the top three QBs this year. The O-line remains a question, although I think that with
the inclusion of Veldheer and maturity of Bolles they'll be okay. Nonetheless, Keenum had the
top QBR while under pressure, and the Vikings were bad in that area (3rd most pressures in
the league), so he makes up immensely for a less than desirable O-line.

In receiving, DT and E-Man remain two of the top receivers, and Butt shows tons of promise.
RB has upgraded tremendously with the drafting of Freeman.

Even the defense is better, IMO. The defensive line is deeper (deep, deep, deep, so deep you
can't see the bottom, Slim!). And the inside/outside pass rush should be something to behold.

Personally, I like the idea that the Broncos are not being taken seriously by the pundits. They
perform best with chips on their shoulders. This should help to arouse the "kicking and
screaming" in them again. I have them at 11-5 and will not be surprised by either 12-4 or
10-6. But this is going to be a stout group with a fire in their bellies and a good quarterback.

Shazam!
06-09-2018, 05:04 AM
Unless VJ learned nothing last year and barring awful injuries, this team should perform better in all aspects on offense, and that will be the key.

Musgrave and his simplified offenses should help it get picked up quick.

The Defense will 'look' like a return to form without all the pressure they faced last year with the offense ground into the grass.

Even with marginal improvements on offense there is too much talent to win only 4 games. I know a lot of Ifs involved but there is also what i consider a favorable schedule.

BroncoWave
06-09-2018, 06:18 AM
Unless VJ learned nothing last year and barring awful injuries, this team should perform better in all aspects on offense, and that will be the key.

The Defense will 'look' like a return to form without all the pressure they faced last year with the offense ground into the grass.

Even with marginal improvements on offense there is too much talent to win only 4 games. I know a lot of Ifs involved but there is also what i consider a favorable schedule.

This is where I am as well. I guess 4 wins is possible if literally everything goes wrong, but overall I find that unlikely. Although this is a prediction article, from the national media, in June. So that should be taken with all the grains of salt in the world.

Simple Jaded
06-09-2018, 07:06 AM

... of the 4th round.

Shazam!
06-09-2018, 07:06 AM

This is where I am as well. I guess 4 wins is possible if literally everything goes wrong, but overall I find that unlikely. Although this is a prediction article, from the national media, in June. So that should be taken with all the grains of salt in the world.

I would be shocked if they had a 4x12 season. Not surprised. Shocked.

BroncoWave
06-09-2018, 08:11 AM

I think a lot of people would have said the same about 5-11 last year. You just never know. I agree that 4-12 seems unlikely, but not much shocks me in sports anymore, and that certainly wouldn't.

Freyaka
06-09-2018, 09:41 AM
I think a lot of people would have said the same about 5-11 last year. You just never know. I agree that 4-12 seems unlikely, but not much shocks me in sports anymore, and that certainly wouldn't.

That's the only reason I didn't flat out dismiss it. Last year I remember the amount of derision I had for people suggesting we'd finish worse than 9-7 when we "got so much better" over the offseason. They were right, I was clearly wrong.

On paper, we've improved, we'll see where we are on the field. Everything always looks better on paper. I am sticking firm to saying I believe in 12-4, but 4-12 is entirely possible especially with coach Radio at the head of this team. I'm going to stay optimistic this season for as long as I can, but I'm a bit more open to the possibility that things could go wrong and we could finish poorly.

LawDog
06-09-2018, 11:31 AM
I’m more concerned with Woods f’ng up the D again. I think Musgrave just tells VJ to hold his beer and will get the most out of the pieces we have on offense now.

I see a competent offense and a reinvigorated defense putting the Broncos in the chase for a wild card spot.

Freyaka
06-09-2018, 11:47 AM
I’m more concerned with Woods f’ng up the D again. I think Musgrave just tells VJ to hold his beer and will get the most out of the pieces we have on offense now.

I see a competent offense and a reinvigorated defense putting the Broncos in the chase for a wild card spot.

That's where I'm at Dog. I don't see the offense as an issue this year. I'm concerned about the defense BUT last yera the defensive struggles really boiled down to the fact that we weren't getting pressure. I think adding chubb and moving Walker back to his natural position will have a big impact on that. If we start getting pressure defensively again, we'll start getting turnovers again and this defense will be fine.

I think our entire season this year hinges on our pass rush.

UnderArmour
06-09-2018, 01:40 PM
I was bored so I wrote this.

Best case: The defense returns to dominant form, forcing turnovers left and right propelling the Broncos to a 13-3 or 12-4 record. The rest of the division struggles to move the ball due to Roby sliding in and the defense not losing a step with Talib in LA. Joe Woods becomes more creative in generating pressure, not that he needs to because of addition of Bradley Chubb. The adjustments of Joe Woods last year in giving up less rush yards turn out to pay dividends, as teams start to rely on their aerial game, leading to more strip sacks and INTs.

Offensively, Jake Butt develops into a stud TE, giving the Broncos the interior receiving threat they have desperately needed. With the middle freed up, Demaryius Thomas goes off for a career year. Case Keenum has plenty of time to make his progressions, because Garrett Bolles and Leary have the left side absolutely anchored down. With an actual offensive line, Devontae Booker has a 1200 yard season at the head of the RBBC the Broncos have utilized. Freeman and Sutton turn out to be great draft picks, being effective role players in their rookie years.

Special teams: Isiah McKenzie is cut at final cuts, and is picked up by the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders put him out there in week 2 with the game tied late in the 4th quarter, and Isiah McKenzie does what he does best—fumble the football. Thanks to a short field, Case Keenum is able to run the clock down so that McManus can nail the game winner. Punter King turns out to be a stud worth every penny, giving the Broncos an edge in the field position battle all year long.

Best case verdict range: 9-7 to 15-1

Worst case: The Broncos continue to be a dominant team—every Wednesday practice, this football team is on absolute fire. Vance Joseph has them making plays left and right, performing amazing on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, Sundays tell another story. The team continues its struggles from last year. The team sorely lacks leadership, and Vance Joseph tries absolutely everything he can but shows that he has no business coaching a team. Just like last year, Vance Joseph tries everything--he benches a struggling Case Keenum for Paxton Lynch after an 0-3 start riddled with turnovers, and then Paxton continues to perform with the same lack of accuracy as last year, leading the Broncos to 0-5. Elway steps in, putting Vance Joseph out of his misery, but the damage has been done. Defensively, the Broncos are solid in the YPG category, statistically stopping opponents, but not forcing turnovers or getting themselves off the field.

Isiah McKenzie is back. He starts the year off hot, with 3 touchdowns in the first 2 games. Unfortunately, the fumbles continue as well. Although McKenzie shows electrifying return talent with his early season touchdown spree, he has a stretch of 5 fumbles in 3 games, including one late in the fourth quarter leading to a week 2 loss at home to the Raiders.

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders show major signs of aging, and the Broncos continue to struggle to find an interior receiving option. Jake Butt turns out to be a wasted pick, and the rest of the TE room continues to be a bunch of scrubs. Carlos Henderson turns out to be a bust, with a few drive killing drops when he actually does get in the game.

Defensively, Roby is no substitute for Talib and gets burned left and right by opposing #1 receivers. In a week 2 match-up against Amari Cooper, Roby gets beat badly twice—for 50 and 60 yard scores. The rest of the secondary fares no better, especially with a sudden decline of Darian Stewart. Parks and Simmons turn out to be non-factors, Wolfe gets hurt again, and Gotsis/Walker turn out to be duds. The defense absolutely collapses, with Von Miller and Chris Harris turning out to be the only decent players on that side of the football.

Worst case verdict range: 6-10 to 0-16

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:52 PM
I was bored so I wrote this.

Best case: The defense returns to dominant form, forcing turnovers left and right propelling the Broncos to a 13-3 or 12-4 record. The rest of the division struggles to move the ball due to Roby sliding in and the defense not losing a step with Talib in LA. Joe Woods becomes more creative in generating pressure, not that he needs to because of addition of Bradley Chubb. The adjustments of Joe Woods last year in giving up less rush yards turn out to pay dividends, as teams start to rely on their aerial game, leading to more strip sacks and INTs.

Offensively, Jake Butt develops into a stud TE, giving the Broncos the interior receiving threat they have desperately needed. With the middle freed up, Demaryius Thomas goes off for a career year. Case Keenum has plenty of time to make his progressions, because Garrett Bolles and Leary have the left side absolutely anchored down. With an actual offensive line, Devontae Booker has a 1200 yard season at the head of the RBBC the Broncos have utilized. Freeman and Sutton turn out to be great draft picks, being effective role players in their rookie years.

Special teams: Isiah McKenzie is cut at final cuts, and is picked up by the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders put him out there in week 2 with the game tied late in the 4th quarter, and Isiah McKenzie does what he does best—fumble the football. Thanks to a short field, Case Keenum is able to run the clock down so that McManus can nail the game winner. Punter King turns out to be a stud worth every penny, giving the Broncos an edge in the field position battle all year long.

Best case verdict range: 9-7 to 15-1

Worst case: The Broncos continue to be a dominant team—every Wednesday practice, this football team is on absolute fire. Vance Joseph has them making plays left and right, performing amazing on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, Sundays tell another story. The team continues its struggles from last year. The team sorely lacks leadership, and Vance Joseph tries absolutely everything he can but shows that he has no business coaching a team. Just like last year, Vance Joseph tries everything--he benches a struggling Case Keenum for Paxton Lynch after an 0-3 start riddled with turnovers, and then Paxton continues to perform with the same lack of accuracy as last year, leading the Broncos to 0-5. Elway steps in, putting Vance Joseph out of his misery, but the damage has been done. Defensively, the Broncos are solid in the YPG category, statistically stopping opponents, but not forcing turnovers or getting themselves off the field.

Isiah McKenzie is back. He starts the year off hot, with 3 touchdowns in the first 2 games. Unfortunately, the fumbles continue as well. Although McKenzie shows electrifying return talent with his early season touchdown spree, he has a stretch of 5 fumbles in 3 games, including one late in the fourth quarter leading to a week 2 loss at home to the Raiders.

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders show major signs of aging, and the Broncos continue to struggle to find an interior receiving option. Jake Butt turns out to be a wasted pick, and the rest of the TE room continues to be a bunch of scrubs. Carlos Henderson turns out to be a bust, with a few drive killing drops when he actually does get in the game.

Defensively, Roby is no substitute for Talib and gets burned left and right by opposing #1 receivers. In a week 2 match-up against Amari Cooper, Roby gets beat badly twice—for 50 and 60 yard scores. The rest of the secondary fares no better, especially with a sudden decline of Darian Stewart. Parks and Simmons turn out to be non-factors, Wolfe gets hurt again, and Gotsis/Walker turn out to be duds. The defense absolutely collapses, with Von Miller and Chris Harris turning out to be the only decent players on that side of the football.

Worst case verdict range: 6-10 to 0-16
Well thought out. I believe the answer might be somewhere in the middle . . .

Shazam!
06-09-2018, 03:39 PM

Kubiak alone would have made them 8x8 last year.

Poet
06-09-2018, 03:42 PM

He's a bad HC who was along for the ride. Kubiak gets them to 6-10.

dogfish
06-09-2018, 08:40 PM

upgrades at every position!

topscribe
06-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Except CB maybe, but I think the secondary as a whole may be better and deeper . . .

Poet
06-10-2018, 01:24 AM

Not at QB, if you don’t go solely off of one year.

topscribe
06-10-2018, 01:36 AM
Yes, at QB if you don't go solely off one year.

Read my article I posted in the Articles forum. But, of course, you won't.

Shazam!
06-10-2018, 07:15 AM

Kubiak a 'bad' HC? C'mon now.

slim
06-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Except CB maybe, but I think the secondary as a whole may be better and deeper . . .

Probably the deepest roster I have ever seen

slim
06-10-2018, 09:11 AM

You are clueless

dogfish
06-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Kubiak a 'bad' HC? C'mon now.

king's kubiak takes are shockingly moronic. . . i don't know what's wrong with him. . .

topscribe
06-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Probably the deepest roster I have ever seen
Yeah, yeah, I know . . . :D

Freyaka
06-10-2018, 01:20 PM

You seriously think Trevor is better than CK?

dogfish
06-10-2018, 01:27 PM

is that shocking? king's adoration of trevor is well-established. . .

topscribe
06-10-2018, 01:31 PM
And his well-documented animosity toward Keenum . . .

topscribe
06-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Zach Kerr says Broncos have most talented DL he’s played on

Broncos defensive end Zach Kerr, who spent three seasons with the Colts before signing with Denver
last offseason, is impressed with the team’s talented group of defensive linemen this year.

Rest - https://tinyurl.com/y9rdoep3

Poet
06-10-2018, 02:08 PM

I was left damn near alone to fight that battle.

Remove the outlier season and then you're looking underwhelming play on both sides. I expect CK to be better than TS, but if he is on par with him, we shouldn't be surprised.

BroncoWave
06-10-2018, 02:28 PM
I don't think there has ever been a single off-season where I didn't see a bunch of "we improved our roster across the board this offseason" posts. It always seems that way on paper, we'll see how it translates to the field. I do tend to think we improved our roster, but until we see it on the field who knows?

Poet
06-10-2018, 02:32 PM
I don't think there has ever been a single off-season where I didn't see a bunch of "we improved our roster across the board this offseason" posts. It always seems that way on paper, we'll see how it translates to the field. I do tend to think we improved our roster, but until we see it on the field who knows?

It's the equivalent to an athlete going "I'm in the best shape of my life."

topscribe
06-10-2018, 02:33 PM
I was left damn near alone to fight that battle.
Then you never paid much attention to my posts. I was behind TS and still am. I just think
a woefully inexperienced QB was placed behind a miserably porous O-line and often
played hurt. I don't think he was as bad as many here claim.

Remove the outlier season and then you're looking underwhelming play on both sides. I expect CK to be better than TS, but if he is on par with him, we shouldn't be surprised.
Now you're not being realistic. Keenum was statistically one of the top two QBs in the league
last year. You seem to have lost your sense of reality. For as much as I thought of Trevor,
Keenum is on an entirely different level . . .

Poet
06-10-2018, 02:40 PM
It's the equivalent to an athlete going "I'm in the best shape of my life."

I wanna be one of the first to Congratulate you on your achievements tonight. One a handful have seen it too, and while I know it's never been a goal of yours fro the beginning, try (please try) to take a moment for yourself on how you've done it. The House you're about to be apart of has only eight seats (as of now) but one more will be added and you should be very proud and honored to be invited inside. There's so many people have helped to make this possible (so thank them all) and when you get a moment alone to yourself smile. Look up to the higher skies and say thank you. So with that, congrats again Young King 1 love #striveforgreatnes #thekidfromCincinnati

I know you basketball fans know where the inspiration is from.

DenBronx
06-27-2018, 03:50 PM
So...I think we go 8-8 with the potential to win another game or 2 depending on injuries, fate, luck ect. I am hopeful for at least a wildcard but my brain says we go .500.

But I got to thinking, what if we have another losing season? I know VJ would be gone before the season even ended. But do we completely wipe the slate clean? If Case has a bad year I believe his 2 year contract is essentially a 1 year contract and the Broncos can easily get out of it. How hot would the seat be for John himself if this rookie class turns (I highly doubt it) out to be a bunch of scrubs?

Bottom line on 8-8, if we start hot but lose out I think firings will be made regardless. If we start slow but finish strong I think some guys will buy themselves more time. I think it all depends on how we finish. Of course no one really knows how good or bad this team will be until the season starts. I am more optimistic post draft than I was before.

Hawgdriver
06-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Looks 8-8 or worse to me. Weaknesses at O-line, RB, TE, QB, and HC concern me. Hope to be pleasantly surprised, roster is rich at spots if the question marks play adequately.

DenBronx
06-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Looks 8-8 or worse to me. Weaknesses at O-line, RB, TE, QB, and HC concern me. Hope to be pleasantly surprised, roster is rich at spots if the question marks play adequately.

I am less concerned with the QB out of those that you listed. Maybe even OL because I think Case has the ability to mask alot of mistakes they will make. RT specifically is the biggest concern on the OL. Hopefully Jared Valdeer steps up in a big way.

TE is a huge concern. Cecil Lammey said the other day that the Broncos should consider going after Gronkowski. There have been heavy rumors that the Pats were wanting to move on from him. Shane Ray is secretly on the block, why not call up the Pats and see what they are thinking?

Hawgdriver
06-27-2018, 04:29 PM
I am less concerned with the QB out of those that you listed. Maybe even OL because I think Case has the ability to mask alot of mistakes they will make. RT specifically is the biggest concern on the OL. Hopefully Jared Valdeer steps up in a big way.

TE is a huge concern. Cecil Lammey said the other day that the Broncos should consider going after Gronkowski. There have been heavy rumors that the Pats were wanting to move on from him. Shane Ray is secretly on the block, why not call up the Pats and see what they are thinking?

QB isn't my greatest concern, but it's a big question mark for me. For example, Von isn't a question mark. Even Simmons--know what we got. Case I'm not sure what we will have with these coaches and players. He can do well, hope he does well here.

DenBronx
06-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Well, we have a little under 10 mill left in cap space. I can see us getting a last minute bargain come camp/preseason time for either TE or OL.

Everything depends on how good Valdeer will look.

dogfish
06-27-2018, 04:52 PM

never trade with new england-- they're always looking to run a scam on someone. . . if we traded for him, he'd end up retiring five games later or some shit. . .

spikerman
06-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Jake Butt is going to surprise people. OL has me very concerned.

slim
06-27-2018, 05:19 PM
never trade with new england-- they're always looking to run a scam on someone. . . if we traded for him, he'd end up retiring five games later or some shit. . .

Jimmy G?

Hawgdriver
06-27-2018, 05:21 PM

I won't be surprised...but the chicken hasn't yet hatched...

dogfish
06-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Jimmy G?

looks good, but he's played five games. . . they better hope he doesn't break down once teams have a full year of film on him. . . i still wouldn't be eager to trade with them. . .

slim
06-27-2018, 06:16 PM
looks good, but he's played five games. . . they better hope he doesn't break down once teams have a full year of film on him. . . i still wouldn't be eager to trade with them. . .

Yeah, especially for Gronk. He is a broken man

Nomad
06-27-2018, 06:20 PM

I hope Chubb was the right choice, and the Broncos won't regret passing on Nelson. It's almost like the Broncos can't bitch about the offensive line this year if they don't pan out.

Poet
06-27-2018, 07:07 PM
I hope Chubb was the right choice, and the Broncos won't regret passing on Nelson. It's almost like the Broncos can't bitch about the offensive line this year if they don't pan out.

If we look back and regret the pick it won’t be because we didn’t take a guard.

Hawgdriver
06-27-2018, 07:28 PM

Yes it will.

Poet
06-27-2018, 07:31 PM
Yes it will.

Nelson could become the best guard in a generation and if one of the QB's passed up becomes the man the QB would still beat that out.

So, I don't think so.

Hawgdriver
06-27-2018, 07:35 PM
Nelson could become the best guard in a generation and if one of the QB's passed up becomes the man the QB would still beat that out.

So, I don't think so.

Ah, I'll concede that. I could see passing on Rosen biting us on the ass in the long run.

Hawgdriver
06-27-2018, 07:36 PM
But we might have preferred Nelson over Chubb by season's end. I doubt it though.

Poet
06-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Ah, I'll concede that. I could see passing on Rosen biting us on the ass in the long run.

I love you.

Nomad
06-27-2018, 08:00 PM

I am hoping your adopted Bronco is the next Demarcus Ware.

Poet
06-27-2018, 08:01 PM
I am hoping your adopted Bronco is the next Demarcus Ware.

Me too.

Nomad
06-27-2018, 08:03 PM
Me too.

Let's high five each other. :D

Nomad
06-27-2018, 08:11 PM
Just win the game, BRONCOS! :defense:

Poet
06-27-2018, 08:29 PM
Just win the game, BRONCOS! :defense:

I'd like to think that I'm your adopted Bronco.

Nomad
06-27-2018, 08:30 PM

You do have a special place in my heart. I will adopt you.

DenBronx
06-27-2018, 08:34 PM

Jimmy G?

That trade is going to come back to haunt NE. After Brady goes they will have nothing. Can't wait for this day to happen!

Nomad
06-27-2018, 08:34 PM

Check out my adopted Bronco

Poet
06-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Check out my adopted Bronco

This is a good day for me.

slim
06-27-2018, 09:30 PM
You two should just blow each other and get it over with

DenBronx
06-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Lol @ slim only.

Nomad
06-27-2018, 09:38 PM

Love is in the air. :D

DenBronx
06-27-2018, 09:39 PM

Love is in the air. :D

Well, I already know King would be down. Just up to you now nomad!

dogfish
06-27-2018, 09:40 PM
That trade is going to come back to haunt NE. After Brady goes they will have nothing. Can't wait for this day to happen!

i'm afraid the HGH will keep him going. . .

Nomad
06-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Well, I already know King would be down. Just up to you now nomad!

I'd give King a hug, and that's about as far as I'd go. Plus King is a ladies man.

MOtorboat
06-27-2018, 09:43 PM
I'd give King a hug, and that's about as far as I'd go. Plus King is a ladies man.

And Nomad is nothing if not a proper lady.

slim
06-27-2018, 09:48 PM
Oh shit!!

Nomad
06-27-2018, 09:51 PM
And Nomad is nothing if not a proper lady.

Whoa! That's below the belt. :D

MOtorboat
06-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Whoa! That's below the belt. :D

Only place I can punch.

:rimshot:

Hawgdriver
06-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Looks like Wednesday night beisbol is MO's power pellet.

MOtorboat
06-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Looks like Wednesday night beisbol is MO's power pellet.

Night off. They've been few and far between lately.

Freyaka
06-28-2018, 09:07 AM
Only place I can punch.

Because you can't reach that high?

MOtorboat
06-28-2018, 11:56 AM
Because you can't reach that high?

Do you need the jokes broken down to you in steps?

Freyaka
06-28-2018, 12:07 PM
Do you need the jokes broken down to you in steps?

I read your response wrong. I thought you said only place I can't punch....nevermind...It's be a long month and my brain is functioning on caffeine and a prayer... You already made the joke, I tried making the joke without my brain registering that you already made the joke...

I are smart...

slim
06-28-2018, 12:08 PM
I read your response wrong. I thought you said only place I can't punch....nevermind...It's be a long month and my brain is functioning on caffeine and a prayer... You already made the joke, I tried making the joke without my brain registering that you already made the joke...

I are smart...

Don't feel bad. No one else gets MO's jokes either.

MOtorboat
06-28-2018, 12:30 PM
Don't feel bad. No one else gets MO's jokes either.

Shut your hole.

Freyaka
06-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Shut your hole.

Because Mo isn't tall enough to shut it for you!

*did I do it right that time?

slim
06-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Shut your hole.

No!

spikerman
06-28-2018, 08:13 PM
Did you punch him from behind?

spikerman
06-29-2018, 06:02 PM
Did I kill the thread?

The Glue Factory
06-30-2018, 08:08 AM
Yes. Way to go Spiker.

spikerman
06-30-2018, 08:16 AM
Yes. Way to go Spiker.

It’s what I do.

dogfish
06-30-2018, 10:55 AM
It’s what I do.

why don't you go kill P+R?

:D

spikerman
06-30-2018, 11:01 AM
why don't you go kill P+R?

:D

If I could, I would. Everybody else is doing a decent job of killing it without my help, though.

Nomad
06-30-2018, 11:02 AM
I'll revive it.

Broncos gonna go 11-5 with a playoff appearance. I'm ready for some Broncos (and LSU) football. I have a feeling July & August is gonna drag. At least it won't be that hot! :D

spikerman
06-30-2018, 11:08 AM
I'll revive it.

Broncos gonna go 11-5 with a playoff appearance. I'm ready for some Broncos (and LSU) football. I have a feeling July & August is gonna drag. At least it won't be that hot! :D

11-5 would be amazing, but I have a feeling that this year is going to be another struggle.

Nomad
06-30-2018, 11:09 AM
11-5 would be amazing, but I have a feeling that this year is going to be another struggle.

I'm gonna learn you to be optimistic this year. :D

dogfish
06-30-2018, 11:19 AM
nomad, i know you're pumped. . . just be sure to save plenty of that optimism for when the season actually starts. . . i'm afraid you might need it again. . . :fear: :laugh:

seriously, this team is a little tough to get a read on. . . i like most of what they did in the off-season, but i do not trust the coaching staff. . . at all. . .

Poet
06-30-2018, 11:23 AM
Dog, this is a 12-4 team. I've been swayed. Increase your optimism and let the good times roll.

Nomad
06-30-2018, 11:25 AM
Dog, this is a 12-4 team. I've been swayed. Increase your optimism and let the good times roll.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

dogfish
06-30-2018, 11:35 AM
nomad, when you guys gonna make it out here for a game?

Nomad
06-30-2018, 11:50 AM
nomad, when you guys gonna make it out here for a game?

My boys and I were planning to meet for a divisional game, or the Seahawks/Broncos game. My oldest found out he's heading to Norway in Sept. So, I'm not sure now.

Nomad
06-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Matter of fact.....I gotta figure out how I'm going to watch the NFL, especially Bronco games, being we got rid of cable. I may try the Directtv Now.

dogfish
06-30-2018, 11:56 AM
My boys and I were planning to meet for a divisional game, or the Seahawks/Broncos game. My oldest found out he's heading to Norway in Sept. So, I'm not sure now.

hell yea, make it happen. . .

Freyaka
06-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Did I kill the thread?

Always...Here lies another thread murdered by spikerman....

Freyaka
06-30-2018, 01:29 PM
Matter of fact.....I gotta figure out how I'm going to watch the NFL, especially Bronco games, being we got rid of cable. I may try the Directtv Now.

Check your Mile High Salute homie. I've been watching football without cable for like 3 years now.

Nomad
06-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Check your Mile High Salute homie. I've been watching football without cable for like 3 years now.

Thanks! slick had a good one last year. I believe the same one you sent me.

The Glue Factory
06-30-2018, 02:53 PM
It’s what I do.

You and me both.

Cugel
07-07-2018, 12:44 PM

1/2 the league passed on Josh Rosen, not just the Broncos. He fell all the way to #10. The Browns and Giants and Jets and Broncos and Bills all passed on him. But, not only that Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Pats, Dallas, NYG, Titans, all took QBs in this draft.

None of those teams was interested in Rosen enough to draft him, after he fell all the way to #10. The Pats were rumored to be interested and had lots of draft ammo to move up. Nope.

So, if he turns out to be a great future franchise QB then 1/2 the teams in the league will be wrong about him. That has happened before, but it's rare.

BroncoJoe
07-07-2018, 05:48 PM
I didn't realize there were only 20 teams in the NFL.

:confused:

Canmore
07-08-2018, 12:37 PM
I didn't realize there were only 20 teams in the NFL.

:confused:

You learn something new every day.