PDA

View Full Version : Shane Ray Out Again

Shazam!
06-07-2018, 06:22 AM
Elway looking like a genius again. Ray will never be the same.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23718025/shane-ray-denver-broncos-miss-start-season-due-4th-wrist-surgery

BroncoWave
06-07-2018, 06:52 AM
Yeah, what a dope that Elway, not being able to predict injuries!

MasterShake
06-07-2018, 07:53 AM

I think the point was maybe the Broncos knew about the injury and were smart not to option him? Unless I read it wrong. This sporty ball is confusing sometimes.

BroncoWave
06-07-2018, 08:03 AM
I think the point was maybe the Broncos knew about the injury and were smart not to option him? Unless I read it wrong. This sporty ball is confusing sometimes.

Ah perhaps. In that case, please disregard my previous post!

BroncoJoe
06-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Ah perhaps. In that case, please disregard my previous post!

Can I use this quote as my signature?

:D

Shazam!
06-07-2018, 09:33 AM

Thank You #smh

BroncoWave
06-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Thank You #smh

Hey, I took it back! Unlike Joe I'll admit when I'm wrong. :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2018, 09:40 AM
He’ll probably still do well in a rotational role, but it’s a good thing we got Chubb

Shazam!
06-07-2018, 09:42 AM
Thank You #smh

You should do that more often and become Tneds personal butler or something.

BroncoJoe
06-07-2018, 09:59 AM

I admitted I was wrong once. I thought I had made a mistake.

Buff
06-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Feel a little bad for him as he likely returned from injury too soon last season -- these guys are under a lot of pressure to produce and now we'll kick him to the curb and wish him luck after the season. Tough business.

Shazam!
06-07-2018, 10:19 AM

I admitted I was wrong once. I thought I had made a mistake.

Your only mistake is driving the lesbian Jeep. Othet than that, you're a-ok in my book.

Buff
06-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Your only mistake is driving the lesbian Jeep. Othet than that, you're a-ok in my book.

I wouldn't say that's his only mistake - but chief among them.

BroncoJoe
06-07-2018, 10:35 AM

It's paid off, and originally purchased for the wife, who is definitively not a lesbian. I do like women though, so maybe I am?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2018, 10:54 AM
What is a lesbian Jeep?

BroncoJoe
06-07-2018, 11:31 AM
What is a lesbian Jeep?

Anyone that doesn't drive a pickup is ghey, I guess. Or, those that do need validation of their manhood.

Davii
06-07-2018, 11:35 AM

Joe has never been wrong. BJs are always right. #Science

BigDaddyBronco
06-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Anyone that doesn't drive a pickup is ghey, I guess. Or, those that do need validation of their manhood.

Oh I don't need any validation of my manhood, but I could drag that thing around the parking lot with my F-350 for awhile.

BroncoJoe
06-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Oh I don't need any validation of my manhood, but I could drag that thing around the parking lot with my F-350 for awhile.

You're nothing more than a big, cuddly teddybear that actually needs validation of your manhood!

Oh, and a few years ago, I drug a F-250 out of a snowbank the dude was stuck in with this beast.

BigDaddyBronco
06-07-2018, 12:06 PM
You're nothing more than a big, cuddly teddybear that actually needs validation of your manhood!

Oh, and a few years ago, I drug a F-250 out of a snowbank the dude was stuck in with this beast.

LOL. I'm surprised you didn't destroy your frame.

G_Money
06-07-2018, 12:21 PM
LOL. I'm surprised you didn't destroy your frame.

Joe's frame is strong and manly, BDB. Watch yourself.

Also, when are we getting together for drinks and whatnot?

Poet
06-07-2018, 12:27 PM
I think he's a good player, and I feel badly for him. Circumstances being what they are, he will still get a decent "prove it," deal elsewhere and if he does well he can get paid after that.

Nice kid. Tough circumstances. When he comes back he will add some nice depth to us, though. That's our bright side.

GEM
06-07-2018, 12:29 PM
It's all because he has that Chiefs tattoo. The Broncos gods do not look kindly on Chiefs tattoos.

slim
06-07-2018, 01:15 PM
It's all because he has that Chiefs tattoo. The Broncos gods do not look kindly on Chiefs tattoos.

Right. I have a hard time feeling too sorry for him and his gay ass tattoo.

Shazam!
06-07-2018, 06:35 PM
I did now know about this tattoo of Ray's. Thank you for informing me of this treachery.

broncofaninfla
06-08-2018, 09:22 AM
It sucks for Ray. I was hoping the added competition with Chubb, contract year and being healthy again would result in his best season to date but not looking like that now. It wouldn't surprise me to see him jump ship to the Chiefs next year, sure looks like his last year with the Broncos.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 10:08 AM

I'm already embarrassed if I have to drive my wife's Subaru Forester. I don't think I could drive one of those.

Shazam!
06-08-2018, 10:21 AM

I'm already embarrassed if I have to drive my wife's Subaru Forester. I don't think I could drive one of those.

Should have bought two and drive them straight into the nearest wall.

BroncoJoe
06-08-2018, 10:46 AM
You guys crack me up. There's nothing wrong with the Liberty. It's been a fine automobile for the past 14 years. Zero problems and is a beast in the snow and mountains.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 10:49 AM
You guys crack me up. There's nothing wrong with the Liberty. It's been a fine automobile for the past 14 years. Zero problems and is a beast in the snow and mountains.

Giving you a hard time. I don't give a shit what I drive, as long as it's reliable and gets me from point a to point b. Now, I do draw the line at smart cars. :D

EDIT.....I do have a hard time buying a Dodge.

GEM
06-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Giving you a hard time. I don't give a shit what I drive, as long as it's reliable and gets me from point a to point b. Now, I do draw the line at smart cars. :D

EDIT.....I do have a hard time buying a Dodge.

I hated my Dodge....but I would buy the shit out of the new AWD Challenger.

Nomad
06-08-2018, 11:42 AM

The Dodge dealership does very well up here. Guys like to buy the big beast trucks, and drive like aggressive maniacs. My wife believes they are compensating for something they lack. ;) :D

GEM
06-08-2018, 11:43 AM
The Dodge dealership does very well up here. Guys like to buy the big beast trucks, and drive like aggressive maniacs. My wife believes they are compensating for something they lack. ;) :D

:laugh: I always do the pinkies up to the jacked up truck drivers around here.

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 11:58 AM
So basically, this all but guarantees he'll be a Chief next season.

Davii
06-08-2018, 05:54 PM

I just wish they would put the Hemi in it. Seems a waste to only have a V6 in there.

GEM
06-08-2018, 09:36 PM
I just wish they would put the Hemi in it. Seems a waste to only have a V6 in there.

Just get a hellcat or a demon then :D

GEM
06-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Seen the new cuda? Omg, they are effing beautiful!

Nomad
06-08-2018, 09:53 PM

How would GEM look in a cuda? :D

Davii
06-08-2018, 09:54 PM

But they're not AWD. I want it ALL.

That is a hot ******* car!

GEM
06-09-2018, 12:17 AM
How would GEM look in a cuda? :D

I dunno. Let's find out! :D That car screams GEM' s midlife crisis!

Freyaka
06-09-2018, 10:53 AM
But they're not AWD. I want it ALL.

That is a hot ******* car!

Meh...I'm just not a dodge guy.

This is my current favorite car on the market.

https://postmediadriving.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/dsc_7371-1.jpg?quality=99&strip=all&w=960&h=480&crop=1

Davii
06-09-2018, 11:03 AM

Meh...I'm just not a dodge guy.

This is my current favorite car on the market.

https://postmediadriving.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/dsc_7371-1.jpg?quality=99&strip=all&w=960&h=480&crop=1

That's disgusting. Sorry. I despise any of that stupid spoiler where it's not functional, not needed, looking like a teenager on meth designed it Japanese car bullshit.

Not that i'm against Japanese cars, the Accord was one of the best cars I've ever owned. That car however is hideously ugly and no faster because of it.

Freyaka
06-09-2018, 11:08 AM
That's disgusting. Sorry. I despise any of that stupid spoiler where it's not functional, not needed, looking like a teenager on meth designed it Japanese car bullshit.

Not that i'm against Japanese cars, the Accord was one of the best cars I've ever owned. That car however is hideously ugly and no faster because of it.

I've always been a fan of hatchbacks. (and of course, I drive a honda currently and enjoy it a lot) I'm digging the design of it personally.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2018, 11:17 AM
I saw an Acura the other day, which definitely turned my head.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Off all the throw back cars I’m probably most partial to the mustang gt

Davii
06-09-2018, 02:30 PM
I saw an Acura the other day, which definitely turned my head.

Yeah, but it starts at 160k. It better turn heads!

topscribe
06-09-2018, 02:36 PM

So Dodge took the Barracuda label from Plymouth.

That's kind of like another player coming to the team and wearing a former player's number, isn't it?

Davii
06-09-2018, 03:03 PM
So Dodge took the Barracuda label from Plymouth.

That's kind of like another player coming to the team and wearing a former player's number, isn't it?

No word what brand will sell it, but Plymouth and Dodge are both owned by Chrysler Fiat so it doesn't much matter. They might call it a Plymouth, Chrysler, Dodge, who knows.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 03:06 PM
No word what brand will sell it, but Plymouth and Dodge are both owned by Chrysler Fiat so it doesn't bitxh matter.
Well, Chrysler withdrew Plymouth from the marketplace in 2001, so it is now a defunct nameplate.
Barracuda was long considered Plymouth's version of the "pony car." So it would have to be Dodge.

Davii
06-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Well, Chrysler withdrew Plymouth from the marketplace in 2001, so it is now a defunct nameplate.
Barracuda was long considered Plymouth's version of the "pony car." So it would have to be Dodge.

Not necessarily, it is withdrawn and defunct, but that doesn't mean they can't release it as a Plymouth Barracuda by Chrysler or something along those lines. They still own the name like GM still owns Pontiac and Saturn.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Not necessarily, it is withdrawn and defunct, but that doesn't mean they can't release it as a Plymouth Barracuda by Chrysler or something along those lines. They still own the name like GM still owns Pontiac and Saturn.
That's true. I don't see them reviving the Plymouth nameplate, but I suppose it could become a "Chrysler Plymouth" model.
Seems unlikely, though. If they are going to sell the car as a Barracuda, I see it as a Chrysler or Dodge model, sans "Plymouth."
Maybe Chrysler since Dodge already has the successful Challenger model?

Davii
06-09-2018, 03:22 PM
That's true. I don't see them reviving the Plymouth nameplate, but I suppose it could become a "Chrysler Plymouth" model.
Seems unlikely, though. If they are going to sell the car as a Barracuda, I see it as a Chrysler or Dodge model, sans "Plymouth."
Maybe Chrysler since Dodge already has the successful Challenger model?

Maybe they make the nickname official and call it a Chrysler 'Cuda

topscribe
06-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Maybe they make the nickname official and call it a Chrysler 'Cuda
Catchy . . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Yeah, but it starts at 160k. It better turn heads!

Wow, I didn’t realize that. That means the person driving it has some serious cash, Or they’re immensely stupid with credit.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Wow, I didn’t realize that. That means the person driving it has some serious cash, Or they’re immensely stupid with credit.
I've seen luxury cars sitting outside shacks. People buy what they think will make them happy . . .

Hawgdriver
06-09-2018, 04:09 PM
This car discussion has way more substance than Shane Ray's career.

Shazam!
06-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Ahhh, poor Pontiac... GM you truly are some dumb mofos down there man.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Actually, all three of America's major manufacturers have scaled back on certain models:
Chrysler with Plymouth, Ford with Mercury, and GM with Pontiac and Oldsmobile. Without
conducting the research, I would assume that increased competition from foreign makes
has caused them to streamline a bit.

In my opinion, however, GM kept their best model in the Buick. I love the Buick.

Freyaka
06-09-2018, 05:19 PM
This car discussion has way more substance than Shane Ray's career.

Sad, but true story...

Freyaka
06-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Pontiac was hot garbage... I had nothing but bad luck with the Pontiacs that I owned. Saturn on the other hand I actually kinda liked. They weren't great looking cars, but the one my wife had was super reliable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2018, 05:59 PM
It’s unfortunate GM mismanaged themselves into shutting down Saturn. Their L series were excellent cars. I had one that averaged 32 around town, and it had plenty of horsepower. It also got 36-40 on road trips and ran for over 250k Miles. It was a great car

Shazam!
06-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Pontiac Grand Prix was a pretty decent sporty car. Their death knell was discontinuing the Grand Am and the Grand Prix. They tried a minivan (Montana) and a CUV (Torrent) after the disaster that was the Aztec and their subcompact that was based on the Toyota Matrix. Then there was the TranSport minivan before that.

GM's mismanagement of their brands are just terrible. I dont understand why they have to reinvent their brands and not cater to their existing images.

Look at Oldsmobiles. They got away from the Cutlass Supreme and once they did that they were done. The Aurora amd Intrigue may have been rebadged Pontiac, but that went away from their identity taht was established for years with The Good Olds Guys. And that re-badged POS? THAT is no Cutlass.

idk. Ford FTW but im a Lincoln man. Always felt GM cars were very cheap and plasticky.

Freyaka
06-10-2018, 01:23 PM
It’s unfortunate GM mismanaged themselves into shutting down Saturn. Their L series were excellent cars. I had one that averaged 32 around town, and it had plenty of horsepower. It also got 36-40 on road trips and ran for over 250k Miles. It was a great car

My wife had an ION. It was an enjoyable car to drive.

Shazam!
06-10-2018, 05:13 PM

My wife had an ION. It was an enjoyable car to drive.

Chevy Cobalt trash clone but the suicide door was nice let it stand out.

slim
06-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Do you guys realize you are in the shane gay thread?

Shazam!
06-10-2018, 06:54 PM

I did not mean to go off topic talking about Joe's bitch car. Apologies.

topscribe
06-10-2018, 07:34 PM
I think that's a sign there's not much more to be said about Shane Ray at this time . . .

Hawgdriver
06-10-2018, 08:36 PM

The kids these days call it re-purposing.

Shazam!
06-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Im getting a new sword tomorrow.

GEM
06-11-2018, 02:51 PM

:shocked:

Shazam!
06-11-2018, 03:56 PM

:shocked:

Not a wallhanging fake.

dogfish
06-11-2018, 04:18 PM
so, i'd heard this rumored before, but here's confirmation in case it got lost in the car talk somewhere. . . this upcoming surgery on the wrist will be the fourth since he injured it last year, not the second. . . was it ever reported during last season that he'd had additional surgeries? i don't remember seeing it. . .

The Broncos outside linebacker has had three previous surgeries on his left wrist in the past year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/11/report-shane-ray-set-for-surgery-this-week-in-houston/

i wonder if a couple of those were just to remove pins or some type of cleanup from the original procedure, or if they bungled it and had to re-do it. . . i'm going to be interested to see if jeff hollands shows anything in camp/pre-season, because depth there will be pretty critical to us-- if this team is going anywhere the next couple of years, it's likely to be on the back of our pass rush. . .

GEM
06-11-2018, 04:42 PM
so, i'd heard this rumored before, but here's confirmation in case it got lost in the car talk somewhere. . . this upcoming surgery on the wrist will be the fourth since he injured it last year, not the second. . . was it ever reported during last season that he'd had additional surgeries? i don't remember seeing it. . .

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/11/report-shane-ray-set-for-surgery-this-week-in-houston/

i wonder if a couple of those were just to remove pins or some type of cleanup from the original procedure, or if they bungled it and had to re-do it. . . i'm going to be interested to see if jeff hollands shows anything in camp/pre-season, because depth there will be pretty critical to us-- if this team is going anywhere the next couple of years, it's likely to be on the back of our pass rush. . .

Heard this morning that Leary needs a clean up as well. How are the docs missing this stuff or putting it off. Had they done both in Jan, these guys would have been ready for the season. Heard that Leary can decide not to get it done, but it could take him out later in the year as the Broncos want to start the season with him to see what they have. Or they can do it now and he'll be out the first month of the season. Doc decisions are a bit worrisome.

dogfish
06-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Heard this morning that Leary needs a clean up as well. How are the docs missing this stuff or putting it off. Had they done both in Jan, these guys would have been ready for the season. Heard that Leary can decide not to get it done, but it could take him out later in the year as the Broncos want to start the season with him to see what they have. Or they can do it now and he'll be out the first month of the season. Doc decisions are a bit worrisome.

yea, i don't understand what they're doing with leary. . . get it freakin' done now, we need that guy healthy when the games count. . .

TXBRONC
06-12-2018, 08:09 AM

There is nothing wrong with Jeeps, and it not unmanly and its not gay. If I were ever move back into Wyoming or Colorado I would rather have Jeep or something like it rather than a pick up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-12-2018, 10:07 AM
There is nothing wrong with Jeeps, and it not unmanly and its not gay. If I were ever move back into Wyoming or Colorado I would rather have Jeep or something like it rather than a pick up.

I’ve never had a Liberty, but I rode 200 miles in a Jeep Wrangler once. It was enough for me to decide I wouldn’t ever want one as my daily driver.

Freyaka
06-13-2018, 08:39 AM
I’ve never had a Liberty, but I rode 200 miles in a Jeep Wrangler once. It was enough for me to decide I wouldn’t ever want one as my daily driver.

My parents had a Liberty...I hated it. It was tiny, uncomfortable and probably one of the worst Jeep's I've ever ridden in personally. They also had a ton of mechanical issues with it.

Shazam!
06-19-2018, 06:58 AM

My parents had a Liberty...I hated it. It was tiny, uncomfortable and probably one of the worst Jeep's I've ever ridden in personally. They also had a ton of mechanical issues with it.

Joe's may be an anomaly or something. Ive seen a few chromed and blacked out that looked pretty cool tho

I had driven a brand new Nitro for my job and it was total trash. My Companys fleet is made up of Patriots and Libertys and Nitros and they all have the same bullshit problems. I dislike the brand amd would never consider a purchase.

TXBRONC
06-19-2018, 09:07 AM

I rented a Jeep Patriot a couple years back and I liked it. Out here West Texas Jeeps are pretty popular, not nearly as popular as pickup but there are still quite a few of them.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-19-2018, 09:14 AM
I rented a Jeep Patriot a couple years back and I liked it. Out here West Texas Jeeps are pretty popular, not nearly as popular as pickup but there are still quite a few of them.
I suspect rural Idaho and west Texas have a lot of similarities.

LawDog
06-19-2018, 11:10 AM
I suspect rural Idaho and west Texas have a lot of similarities.

Rural Idaho includes the entire state except for one square mile in Boise.

G_Money
06-19-2018, 12:33 PM

There's also Coeur d'Alene, the resort town for restocking the militant white separatists and Doomsday preppers in the surrounding hills. Idaho is interesting countryside.

dogfish
06-19-2018, 03:23 PM
mods, please move this thread to the car forum. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-19-2018, 03:26 PM

Shots fired ladies and gentlemen.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-19-2018, 04:11 PM

The truth is, this is mostly true, with a few exceptions:

The Boise metro area has about 600k people and is quite a bit larger than 1 square mile. Meridian (where I live) is actually the fastest growing city in the US and is part of Boise metro. Meridian has about 100k people.

CDA is essentially part of the Spokane WA metro area. CDA, Post Falls, and Spokane all run together.

Freyaka
06-20-2018, 09:08 AM

It's not uncommon for shots to be fired in Idaho.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-20-2018, 09:36 AM
It's not uncommon for shots to be fired in Idaho.

Indeed, although the variance is we’re not shooting each other. We prefer to shoot game .