PDA

View Full Version : Musgrave not only has a new QB, he has devised a whole new offensive system

Denver Native (Carol)
06-03-2018, 07:45 AM
KUSA – It couldn’t have been the play caller. We’ll find out soon enough if it was the quarterback.

What the Broncos’ brain trust believes for certain is its problems in 2017 stemmed from its offensive system.

The Broncos aren’t tweaking their offense this year – they 86’d it and devised a new one.

“Yeah, it’s pretty much all different,’’ said Broncos offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave.

The Broncos scored just 18.1 points per game in a 5-11 season last year. Only five teams scored fewer in the NFL. The reason why the play caller can’t be blamed is, statistically, the Broncos’ offense was a tad worse after offensive coordinator Mike McCoy was fired following game 10.

Musgrave took over and while he made some subtle changes, it’s impossible to change an offensive system in midseason.

rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports/musgrave-not-only-has-a-new-qb-he-has-devised-a-whole-new-offensive-system/73-560919237

elsid13
06-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Sounds like the Plan when he was in Minn.

"It will definitely be the Minnesota Vikings system," he said. "It will have its roots in language, I’m sure, from my history with coach [Mike] Shanahan and most recently from my experience with Mike Mularkey. There will be some language that our guys will recognize right off the bat because it will have some West Coast roots, and it will have some formations and protections that are more along the Pittsburgh Steelers offense, which we ran down here in Atlanta with coach Mularkey."

The West Coast offense is known for its extensive verbiage, but Musgrave said that will not be a part of his offense.

"One thing I believe in is minimal verbiage, and we’ll make it very streamlined, we’ll make the formations easy to learn for the guys, because I believe in players playing fast," he said. "We don’t want them out there thinking what word was used for this or that. I know with the group of coaches that Les has put together we’ll put together a system that is easy for those guys to digest, and they’ll go out and cut it loose."

http://www.startribune.com/musgrave-discusses-offensive-philosophy-qbs/114293529/

Ziggy
06-03-2018, 08:06 PM
As much as Joseph talked about building his systems around the players last year, the coaching staff did just the opposite. They took a defense built for a man coverage and an exotic blitz scheme and made them a conservative, predictable, man/zone mix D. Horrible decision. On offense, I don't know what system would have worked with the QBs and Oline that we threw out there. Keenum alone should give Musgrave a lot more options. If Joseph doesn't get in the way, this offense might be fun to watch again.

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Sounds like the Plan when he was in Minn.

"It will definitely be the Minnesota Vikings system," he said. "It will have its roots in language, I’m sure, from my history with coach [Mike] Shanahan and most recently from my experience with Mike Mularkey. There will be some language that our guys will recognize right off the bat because it will have some West Coast roots, and it will have some formations and protections that are more along the Pittsburgh Steelers offense, which we ran down here in Atlanta with coach Mularkey."

The West Coast offense is known for its extensive verbiage, but Musgrave said that will not be a part of his offense.

"One thing I believe in is minimal verbiage, and we’ll make it very streamlined, we’ll make the formations easy to learn for the guys, because I believe in players playing fast," he said. "We don’t want them out there thinking what word was used for this or that. I know with the group of coaches that Les has put together we’ll put together a system that is easy for those guys to digest, and they’ll go out and cut it loose."

http://www.startribune.com/musgrave-discusses-offensive-philosophy-qbs/114293529/

What's funny is on the other boards our resident charger troll is using this as smack material "Your QB's are so dumb, the coach had to dumb down the offense for them"

:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
06-08-2018, 06:18 PM
What's funny is on the other boards our resident charger troll is using this as smack material "Your QB's are so dumb, the coach had to dumb down the offense for them"

Does he have a point?

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Does he have a point?

I don't feel like that is the case. You can have a good system that isn't bogged down with complex verbage. I have faith in Musgrave's ability as a coordinator. I think he will call a system that plays to our QB's strengths. I mean, we'll know more in a few months. It's not just the QB's that have to learn complicated language.

A simpler offense is not necessarily an indictment of our QB intelligence though. Allegedly Keenum had a high wonderlic, but since it was never made available, we'll probably never know for sure on that one.

Poet
06-08-2018, 07:12 PM
I have noo issue with the revamp.

MOtorboat
06-08-2018, 07:13 PM
I don't feel like that is the case. You can have a good system that isn't bogged down with complex verbage. I have faith in Musgrave's ability as a coordinator. I think he will call a system that plays to our QB's strengths. I mean, we'll know more in a few months. It's not just the QB's that have to learn complicated language.

A simpler offense is not necessarily an indictment of our QB intelligence though. Allegedly Keenum had a high wonderlic, but since it was never made available, we'll probably never know for sure on that one.

To be fair, I have no idea of Keenum’s IQ. Lynch seems like an idiot. My feelings on Kelly are fairly well known.

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 07:18 PM
To be fair, I have no idea of Keenum’s IQ. Lynch seems like an idiot. My feelings on Kelly are fairly well known.

I'd love to know his Wonderlic scores, not that wonderlic means a whole lot, but since he was never a top prospect, they never leaked.

Poet
06-08-2018, 07:19 PM
Fitzpatrick had a 40 - he was a gunslinger on the field and kinda played like a dummy. He's also brilliant and was a Harvard man. So I have no idea what Wonderlic actually means overall.

I do know, however, that CK isn't a dumb QB. He's just physically limited, can't carry a team, and is in the vein of Alex Smith. I know that his season last year is the most overstated thing in existence, and you'd think people would remember about stat inflation.

I know that I am once again going to be rooting for a QB that I don't believe in. Especially when the playoffs roll around because he was shitty then.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2018, 08:37 PM

Baphamet?

Poet
06-08-2018, 08:39 PM
I hate.

Freyaka
06-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Baphamet?

That would be the dude :D It was some really weakly constructed smack as always.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2018, 09:48 PM
I hate.

Baph?

Poet
06-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Baph?

I hate in general.

slim
06-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Does he have a point?

No.

BeefStew25
06-08-2018, 11:10 PM
I think we gel.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2018, 11:11 PM
I hate in general.

You don’t discriminate. You’ve got that going for you.

Poet
06-08-2018, 11:13 PM
You don’t discriminate. You’ve got that going for you.

Don't forget my humility and rapier wit.

elsid13
06-09-2018, 06:18 AM
To many people think complexity means advanced and modern, simplification sometimes is pure genius

topscribe
06-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Does he have a point?
No. There is nothing dumb about TS (Northwestern) or PL (Memphis).

I wouldn't have an issue with "raw" or "inexperienced."

MOtorboat
06-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Trevor Siemian isn't on the team anymore. Lynch has struggled with the playbook. :whoknows:

MOtorboat
06-09-2018, 12:32 PM
No.

Are you sure?

slim
06-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Are you sure?

Yes.

MOtorboat
06-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Yes.

Oh. Ok.

Poet
06-09-2018, 12:35 PM
TS was an athlete who majored in communications.

PL can't understand the playbook.

I hate seeing someone I have on ignore be quoted, and I still try not to respond to drivel, but I couldn't stand such a shitty argument.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Trevor Siemian isn't on the team anymore. Lynch has struggled with the playbook. :whoknows:
I don't understand not being with a team anymore is evidence of stupidity. And struggling
with a certain genre does not indicate stupidity. This is lazy analysis.

MOtorboat
06-09-2018, 01:02 PM
I don't understand not being with a team anymore is evidence of stupidity. And struggling
with a certain genre does not indicate stupidity. This is lazy analysis.

Why would Musgrave design an offense for someone on a different team? Lynch’s playbook struggles are fairly well know.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:03 PM
TS was an athlete who majored in communications.

PL can't understand the playbook.

I hate seeing someone I have on ignore be quoted, and I still try not to respond to drivel, but I couldn't stand such a shitty argument.
If you are going to ignore, I suggest you do just that. It seems somewhat inconsistent that
you will have someone on ignore then take such interest in that person's comment that has
been exposed to you. If you can't stand my argument, then go your arrogant way. I don't
need your thinly veiled denigration.

Poet
06-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Euthanasia.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Why would Musgrave design an offense for someone on a different team? Lynch’s playbook struggles are fairly well know.
Okay, Lynch's struggles with the playbook are well known. My struggles with electronics are
well known among those acquainted with me. In view of my degrees in psychology, I'm not
usually accused of stupidity. As respective individuals, we have different talents and aptitudes.
So, again, struggling with a certain genre does not connote the lack of intelligence.

MOtorboat
06-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Okay, Lynch's struggles with the playbook are well known. My struggles with electronics are
well known among those acquainted with me. In view of my degrees in psychology, I'm not
usually accused of stupidity. As respective individuals, we have different talents and aptitudes.
So, again, struggling with a certain genre does not connote lack of intelligence.

Ok cool. I don’t care about Lynch’s acumen in psychology, though.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Ok cool. I don’t care about Lynch’s acumen in psychology, though.
Oh? So Lynch studied psychology?

Freyaka
06-09-2018, 01:18 PM
If you are going to ignore, I suggest you do just that. It seems somewhat inconsistent that
you will have someone on ignore then take such interest in that person's comment that has
been exposed to you. If you can't stand my argument, then go your arrogant way. I don't
need your thinly veiled denigration. You need help, son.

Have you ever thought that maybe, possibly, you are the problem? Just throwing that out there as food for thought.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Have you ever thought that maybe, possibly, you are the problem? Just throwing that out there as food for thought.
Your hypocrisy is amazing. You have a very thin skin when it comes to what someone says
to or about you, but when I react to a passive-aggressive attack on me, I am the problem.

Have you ever given thought to keeping me on ignore? Just food for thought.

MOtorboat
06-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Oh? So Lynch studied psychology? Your ability to carry an objective conversation underwhelms me.

Your ability to make relevant arguments underwhelms me.

Lynch's studies, or his acumen in (insert non-football subject) has no bearing on his knowledge of an NFL playbook. Therefore, I don't care about it.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Your ability to make relevant arguments underwhelms me.

Lynch's studies, or his acumen in (insert non-football subject) has no bearing on his knowledge of an NFL playbook. Therefore, I don't care about it.
Speaking of irrelevant arguments, I seldom see anything from you that seems anything besides
irrelevant one-liners.

You seem to have this propensity to carry on arguments about trivial issues. I simply proffered
my opinion that I don't believe lack of intelligence to be part of the acumen of the players in
question. I have my opinion, and you have yours. I expressed mine, and you expressed yours.
Issue over. Let's move on . . .

MOtorboat
06-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Speaking of irrelevant arguments, I seldom see anything from you that seems anything besides
irrelevant one-liners.

You seem to have this propensity to carry on arguments about trivial issues. I simply proffered
my opinion that I don't believe lack of intelligence to be part of the acumen of the players in
question. I have my opinion, and you have yours. I expressed mine, and you expressed yours.
Issue over. Let's move on . . .

You decided to make this personal. Not me. And, frankly, you can **** off. I have relevant, civil discussion on here almost every day. It's not really my problem if you can't read. I was only commenting on whether or not I thought dumbing down the offense was in response to the current quarterbacks on the team, because that certainly is on the table here, given Lynch's struggles with the playbook in the past. I find it unlikely, because Case Keenum doesn't seem like a low-football-IQ type of player, but you apparently read right past that.

You came in with Trevor Siemian, who isn't even on the damn team so has no bearing on designing the offense, and something about Paxton Lynch might be smart in another subject. When Paxton is on the bill of a local coffeehouse on Slam Poetry Night, we'll make sure you know. I'm here to watch football.

topscribe
06-09-2018, 01:46 PM
You decided to make this personal. Not me. And, frankly, you can **** off. I have relevant, civil discussion on here almost every day. It's not really my problem if you can't read. I was only commenting on whether or not I thought dumbing down the offense was in response to the current quarterbacks on the team, because that certainly is on the table here, given Lynch's struggles with the playbook in the past. I find it unlikely, because Case Keenum doesn't seem like a low-football-IQ type of player, but you apparently read right past that.

You came in with Trevor Siemian, who isn't even on the damn team so has no bearing on designing the offense, and something about Paxton Lynch might be smart in another subject. When Paxton is on the bill of a local coffeehouse on Slam Poetry Night, we'll make sure you know. I'm here to watch football.
Let me start over again:

The issue involves the time when TS was on the team, and the implication was that
intelligence was an issue at that time.

I then simply said your analysis wasn't deep enough. Perhaps the term "lazy" set you off.
That wasn't intended as a personal remark. I was alluding to your analysis. It is a term
often used in writing. If that offended you, I didn't mean it to.

This is what started this firestorm. Strange.

P.S. I have been guilty of lazy analysis. So, again, it wasn't an allusion to your character
at all. It is actually "shorthand" for other factors not taken into consideration. I guess I
shouldn't use the term on this board since it is jargon understandably not understood
here.

And . . .

Oh? So Lynch studied psychology? Your ability to carry an objective conversation underwhelms me.

You are right about my getting personal. That was unnecessary. I apologize.

Poet
06-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Case Keenum isn't football stupid.

Canmore
06-10-2018, 05:22 PM

Seems??? How about is.

elsid13
06-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Lynch isn't an idiot, we are talking about a kid that had no playbook in HS, had 20 plays in college and now we are asking to run a NFL playbook with complex verbiage . Add in the fact that we have changed systems all three years he been he has been here and there is no wonder he is struggling.

Canmore
06-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Lynch isn't an idiot, we are talking about a kid that had no playbook in HS, had 20 plays in college and now we are asking to run a NFL playbook with complex verbiage . Add in the fact that we have changed systems all three years he been he has been here and there is no wonder he is struggling.

And...you have proof of this.

elsid13
06-10-2018, 07:01 PM
And...you have proof of this.

It was reported in DP and other media.

Canmore
06-10-2018, 07:47 PM
It was reported in DP and other media.

OK. Since I don't read the DP, what did they say?

Hawgdriver
06-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Maybe there's a reason his playbook palette was so limited?

elsid13
06-10-2018, 09:13 PM
OK. Since I don't read the DP, what did they say?

That he ran the Wing T in HS and Baylor Based Offense in college.

Canmore
06-11-2018, 01:01 AM
That he ran the Wing T in HS and Baylor Based Offense in college.

Thank-you.

sneakers
06-11-2018, 06:22 AM
who knows

LawDog
06-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Don't forget my humility and rapier wit.

Subtle, intrinsic irony is one of my favorites...

GEM
06-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Does he have a point?

They have said that McCoy's system was so intricate that no one knew what the **** they were doing. I don't know that it's a dumbing down as much as a getting rid of all the excess bullshit that didn't work because they didn't or don't have the personnel to pull off that shit.

GEM
06-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Baphamet?

Lol! That guy is still around? :laugh: Dude, ****, you cheer for the Chargers. Go stick your head back in the sand.

Freyaka
06-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Lol! That guy is still around? :laugh: Dude, ****, you cheer for the Chargers. Go stick your head back in the sand.

He's a closet Broncos fan, just too proud to admit it.

I've gotta give him props though. The rest of his brethren have long since gone into hiding, only to poke their heads out of the sand for a day or two following a win. Baph has been pretty consistently there my entire time as a poster.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-11-2018, 05:11 PM
They have said that McCoy's system was so intricate that no one knew what the **** they were doing. I don't know that it's a dumbing down as much as a getting rid of all the excess bullshit that didn't work because they didn't or don't have the personnel to pull off that shit.

We should collaborate a raid on baph in the smack talk section over there one of these days

GEM
06-12-2018, 04:22 PM
He's a closet Broncos fan, just too proud to admit it.

I've gotta give him props though. The rest of his brethren have long since gone into hiding, only to poke their heads out of the sand for a day or two following a win. Baph has been pretty consistently there my entire time as a poster.

He was there before your time, back during my time. :laugh: He was there back when we used to have smack tournaments over there. I miss how much fun I used to have in that smack forum!!!

dogfish
06-12-2018, 05:13 PM
He was there before your time, back during my time. :laugh: He was there back when we used to have smack tournaments over there. I miss how much fun I used to have in that smack forum!!!

i still feel bad for sanluis. . .

topscribe
06-12-2018, 05:20 PM
That was pretty wild. Chiefs fans. Raiders fans. Chargers fans. I still remember that Dolphins
fan (I forget his name off the top): "Oh, I hate you, Topscribe!!" There was Silver (I just recall
what we called him now), probably the most prominent Raiders fan there. Man, that guy was
a tremendous smacker! And a really good guy, once you got to know him. But we had our
wars. And you, Gem . . . nobody messed with you for very long without knowing they had a
hands full . . .

topscribe
06-12-2018, 05:20 PM
i still feel bad for sanluis. . .
Really good guy.

dogfish
06-12-2018, 05:27 PM
That was pretty wild. Chiefs fans. Raiders fans. Chargers fans. I still remember that Dolphins
fan (I forget his name off the top): "Oh, I hate you, Topscribe!!" There was Silver (I just recall
what we called him now), probably the most prominent Raiders fan there. Man, that guy was
a tremendous smacker! And a really good guy, once you got to know him. But we had our
wars. And you, Gem . . . nobody messed with you for very long without knowing they had a
hands full . . .

fins, and silver and black. . .

topscribe
06-12-2018, 05:30 PM
fins, and silver and black. . .
I also have forgotten Silver's real name. Once had his phone number, email, and all.
Wow, I hate it that we lost touch. He was a real genuine guy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Are you the one that told a Bengals fan to stop dragging his butt all over the carpet in a smack off? :laugh:

I think it was whodey?

JPPT1974
06-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Well whatever works best for Case and in the rest of the offensive system. As really if it is good, then it will win the team games.

dogfish
06-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Well whatever works best for Case and in the rest of the offensive system. As really if it is good, then it will win the team games.

i should re-read the initial article to check, but i believe they're mostly talking about simplifying the terminology so they can play faster, which is a good thing. . . i didn't necessarily get that they're dialing back the number of formations we use, or cutting down the number of plays in the playbook. . . at least, i hope that's not the case. . .

topscribe
06-12-2018, 07:40 PM
i should re-read the initial article to check, but i believe they're mostly talking about simplifying the terminology so they can play faster, which is a good thing. . . i didn't necessarily get that they're dialing back the number of formations we use, or cutting down the number of plays in the playbook. . . at least, i hope that's not the case. . .
IIRC, I think I read somewhere that they cut out about a third of the plays. Something like that.

Freyaka
06-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Are you the one that told a Bengals fan to stop dragging his butt all over the carpet in a smack off? :laugh:

I think it was whodey?

Whodey's a great guy too.

Freyaka
06-13-2018, 08:43 AM

Someone (I can't remember at the moment who) said that this offense was extremely creative in their playcalling and that it makes use of all the new weapons we gained this offseason. So I think it's a safe guess that they haven't dialed back formations or plays, just dialed down the terminology.

GEM
06-13-2018, 09:04 AM
hands full . . .

I miss silver! Him and fins were fun! The one and only thing I miss about that board, the smack section.

Remember all the WTE aliases? LOL!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2018, 09:11 AM

I think it was whodey?

Thinking back, it was Fred the Bunny I believe. DS was in that smack off, and so was Legendary. I miss Legendary, he was my first buddy on the team sponsored message board.

GEM
06-13-2018, 09:13 AM

I think it was whodey?

Yea, I didn't remember telling him that.

I loved me some whodey!

GEM
06-13-2018, 09:14 AM
Thinking back, it was Fred the Bunny I believe. DS was in that snack off, and so was Legendary. I miss Legendary, he was my first buddy on the team sponsored message board.

Oh man, you're talking the later smack offs. I loved Legendary, we used to talk all the time and then he just disappeared. That was right before I made the permanent move over here.

GEM
06-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Thinking back, it was Fred the Bunny I believe. DS was in that snack off, and so was Legendary. I miss Legendary, he was my first buddy on the team sponsored message board.

DS and I go way back....we used to have some great bets. And I usually won. :D

He had to sport a pretty funny sig when he lost.

Freyaka
06-13-2018, 09:38 AM
DS and I go way back....we used to have some great bets. And I usually won. :D

He had to sport a pretty funny sig when he lost.

DS is one of maybe two raiders fans in all of humanity that I would say he's good people...

There was one Raider fan (likely after you left GEM) that had hilariously bad grammar (Like painfully bad) I wanna say it was like RaiderJoe, but I could be wrong.

GEM
06-13-2018, 09:50 AM
DS is one of maybe two raiders fans in all of humanity that I would say he's good people...

There was one Raider fan (likely after you left GEM) that had hilariously bad grammar (Like painfully bad) I wanna say it was like RaiderJoe, but I could be wrong.

I think we banned him here. He was all sorts of fun. I think I told him once I would cut off his unit and shove it where the sun don't shine after he posted some misogynistic shit on my visitor page. :laugh:

MOtorboat
06-13-2018, 11:36 AM
I think we banned him here. He was all sorts of fun. I think I told him once I would cut off his unit and shove it where the sun don't shine after he posted some misogynistic shit on my visitor page. :laugh:

There's a rumor going around that Valar Morghulis may have been involved in some nefarious happenings back in the day similar to this.

topscribe
06-13-2018, 11:38 AM
I miss silver! Him and fins were fun! The one and only thing I miss about that board, the smack section.

Remember all the WTE aliases? LOL!
Yes, funny. :lol:

WTE had a buddy at that time, whose name also can't remember. They were like glued together.
They weren't exceptionally good debaters, but, boy, could they troll!

topscribe
06-13-2018, 11:40 AM
There's a rumor going around that Valar Morghulis may have been involved in some nefarious happenings back in the day similar to this.
Does he have a previous screen name? His present one was unfamiliar to me when I came back to the board.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Does he have a previous screen name? His present one was unfamiliar to me when I came back to the board.

Dave something or another

dogfish
06-13-2018, 12:54 PM

WTE had a buddy at that time, whose name also can't remember. They were like glued together.

PatsR. . . ;)

GEM
06-13-2018, 12:57 PM

PatsR

GEM
06-13-2018, 12:59 PM

:shocked: Dave never posted anything on my visitor page.

Poet
06-13-2018, 01:00 PM

Because that boy love to live!

MOtorboat
06-13-2018, 01:22 PM

I meant the literal action in your metaphorical post. :coffee:

MOtorboat
06-13-2018, 01:51 PM
My second to last post about Dave was a whole lot funnier in my head.

The Glue Factory
06-13-2018, 03:07 PM
Dave something or another

Dave Painter comes to mind.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Dave Painter comes to mind.

PainterDave is on the team sponsored site and also the Mane I believe. He’s also a Denver resident I believe. Our resident Englishman had his birth given name as his username here originally, opposed to what it is now.

The Glue Factory
06-13-2018, 03:45 PM
PainterDave is on the team sponsored site and also the Mane I believe. He’s also a Denver resident I believe. Our resident Englishman had his birth given name as his username here originally, opposed to what it is now.

PainterDave! I knew DavePainter wasn't right. I guess I assumed Valar was Painter since I saw Valar show up shortly after Painter seemed to disappear.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2018, 04:46 PM
PainterDave! I knew DavePainter wasn't right. I guess I assumed Valar was Painter since I saw Valar show up shortly after Painter seemed to disappear.

I don’t think you could pay Painterdave to live in Germany. :lol:

Davii
06-15-2018, 11:31 PM

I met PainterDave at last year's opening game, he attended with AzSnake, BroncoJoe, my Mom, my mom's friend n AzSnake's nieces, and me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2018, 11:38 PM
I met PainterDave at last year's opening game, he attended with AzSnake, BroncoJoe, my Mom, my mom's friend n AzSnake's nieces, and me.

I wish I could have been there. I’ve always wanted to meet AZSnake.

Davii
06-15-2018, 11:42 PM
I wish I could have been there. I’ve always wanted to meet AZSnake.

Great guy. Easily one of my top 5 people I've known period.

elsid13
06-16-2018, 05:39 AM
My second to last post about Dave was a whole lot funnier in my head.

They usually are.......

Denver Native (Carol)
06-16-2018, 10:10 AM
It took only two organized team activity practices last month for Broncos inside linebacker Todd Davis to be impressed with the new-look offense coordinated by Bill Musgrave.

“They definitely throw a lot at us so we have to be prepared,” Davis said. “We’ll have an exciting team to watch.”

The verdict on if the Broncos will be exciting – and successful – won’t come for several months, but it was interesting how other members of the defense confirmed Davis’ analysis.

“Bill is giving us some difficult things,” defensive backs coach Marcus Robertson said. “We’re adjusting to them and are able to win during the course (of practice).”

So how did Musgrave and his offensive staff challenge the defense?

rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/16/bill-musgrave-challenged-broncos-defense/

atwater27
06-16-2018, 11:40 AM
With a qb that doesn’t suck, a dynamic running back, a promising WR corps and Jake Butt, how can one not be excited about Denver’s offense this year? Well, maybe wondering if our O-line will be as outright terrible as it was last season. At least a qb that doesn’t suck can limit the suckage of the oline. But then we’re led to the real question. Is our head coach any good?

FanInAZ
06-17-2018, 05:26 PM

Stop the presses! There's been a Chargers' troll sighting :shocked:
I haven't seen 1 of them in year. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Chargers finishing ahead of us for the 1st time since Tebow's rookie seasons :lol:

Cugel
06-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Just because statistically they were slightly worse after Mike McCoy was fired, doesn't mean it wasn't McCoy's fault! Siemian got injured, Lynch was still a bust, and Osweiler was still Osweiler. They didn't have a QB.

But, McCoy's system was appropriate for Phillip Rivers - who has been a starter in the NFL for 13 years, not a QB in his 2nd season as a starter or even a raw rookie. McCoy was trying to put up game film for his hoped for move to the Giants head coaching job.

Every week Elway would ask Joseph "what is going on here" with this or that, and Joseph would have to shrug his shoulders and say "that is what Mike wants to run."

Why were the Broncos lining up in 5 wide packages all the time with that QB and that horrid OL? That just had no chance of success from day 1.

It would be hard to equal that kind of futility, so they will probably be better.

Cugel
06-22-2018, 05:05 PM
With a qb that doesn’t suck, a dynamic running back, a promising WR corps and Jake Butt, how can one not be excited about Denver’s offense this year? Well, maybe wondering if our O-line will be as outright terrible as it was last season. At least a qb that doesn’t suck can limit the suckage of the oline. But then we’re led to the real question. Is our head coach any good?

The real question isn't even Vance Joseph. Just because they got a new RT in Jared Veldheer, doesn't necessarily mean they have fixed the OL. They have told us that same story for the last 4 years.

2015: Ryan Harris and Michael Schofield were supposed to be the RTs.
2016: Donald Stephenson was brought over from the Chiefs. He was supposed to provide that veteran leadership.
2017: They brought in Menelik Watson from Oakland.

So we've been on this carousel before and it never had a happy ending. IF Jared Veldheer "stays healthy and plays up to his potential" they should be OK.

IF. But, that's the same IF they said about Russell Okung and Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson and Ty Sambrailo, and Chris Clark etc., etc. and it never panned out.

They are still filling holes in the bottom of the boat with duct tape and that ship has been leaking for a long-ass time.

Simple Jaded
06-25-2018, 10:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938153/article/top-100-players-of-2018-five-things-the-players-got-wrong

Wtf does this ******* know, amirite?

Davii
06-25-2018, 11:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938153/article/top-100-players-of-2018-five-things-the-players-got-wrong

Wtf does this ******* know, amirite?

It's amusing he would vote recency bias as a reason for Keenum appearing on the top 100 list of NFL players last year.... I mean, he complains they only looked at last year when voting who was the best last year...

Cugel
07-20-2018, 06:58 PM
It's amusing he would vote recency bias as a reason for Keenum appearing on the top 100 list of NFL players last year.... I mean, he complains they only looked at last year when voting who was the best last year...

Yeah! That's like stupid people naming the batter with the highest batting average in the League that season as the League batting champion or the guy with the most homers the home-run champion! :tsk: