PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2018 UDFA thread

VonDoom
04-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Post them if you got ‘em. I’ll rely on the draftniks to tell me if they’re any good

G_Money
04-28-2018, 06:05 PM
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/990365987961692162

G_Money
04-28-2018, 06:06 PM
That's perfect. Another guy w a lot of miles on him, but who handles them well, plays with a chip, is a leader, and has great hair.

The Broncos could do way worse than running a Freeman/ Lindsay RB tandem out there.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 06:13 PM
awesome pickup.

Austin Schlottmann C 6'6" 300 lbs TCU
Phillip Lindsay RB 5'8" 190 lbs Colorado
Jimmy Williams WR 5'11" 197 lbs ECU

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 06:17 PM
イん乇 の尺ム刀ム乇 アムム乇 @theorangepage

Early UNCONFIRMED report in, the Broncos have signed DE/LB Jeff Holland Auburn.

VonDoom
04-28-2018, 06:22 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/990370043446915072?s=21

https://twitter.com/herbieteope/status/990366055070650369?s=21

DenBronx
04-28-2018, 06:23 PM
Competition at RB this year is going to be fierce. All of these guys have a legitimate chance to win the job. Last year was a QB competition and this year will be RB.

Yes you Kelly nerds heard that right. There is no competition for the #1 QB because Keenum already owns that shit and WILL own that shit the whole damn year!

chazoe60
04-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Where can we find a list of UDFA? I want to see where Ryan Moeller signs.

G_Money
04-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Competition at RB this year is going to be fierce. All of these guys have a legitimate chance to win the job. Last year was a QB competition and this year will be RB...

Yeah, no RB on the roster should feel safe. Also, all of these RBs (Freeman, Williams and Lindsay) can catch the ball out of the backfield and pass protect. Hopefully Denver is gonna plan some screens, tosses, etc. Get out of the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Dan Reeves thing.

chazoe60
04-28-2018, 06:32 PM
I love love love Phillip Lindsay. He is just flat out a football player. He goes 100% 100% of the time.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 06:33 PM
https://twitter.com/holland_jeffery/status/990361750015967232

G_Money
04-28-2018, 06:43 PM
They added Jeff Holland too? Man, we're not messing around with pass rush, or the offensive skills competition at WR and RB (Jimmy Williams will probably make the practice squad - that little dude catches everything).

OL can apparently go suck D again this year, but the Broncos are making a push to regain the No Fly Zone and to get as many useful weapons on the field for Keenum as possible.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2018, 06:45 PM

Google his name

VonDoom
04-28-2018, 06:46 PM
https://twitter.com/skotty_payne/status/990375798736609280?s=21

chazoe60
04-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Google his name

Yeah I have. Nothing yet.

He went to Rifle HS and I've been watching him since he was a sophomore in HS. Coached football with his dad. Just can't wait to see where he signs. I will be shocked if he is not in somebody's camp.

G_Money
04-28-2018, 06:48 PM
https://twitter.com/skotty_payne/status/990375798736609280?s=21

Holland is legit. He's not the physical specimen that Chubb or Von are, but he's the kind of guy you'd expect to go to the Steelers and give them a good 6 years of beating up QBs and RBs.

dogfish
04-28-2018, 06:48 PM
Competition at RB this year is going to be fierce. All of these guys have a legitimate chance to win the job. Last year was a QB competition and this year will be RB.

i hope that's really the case. . . there were reports they were ready to install booker as the starter before he got hurt last year. . . i haven't the faintest idea why, but they seem to absolutely love that kid. . . i'm holding out hope that it will be a legit competition-- IMO, he's probably the least dynamic of our top three options. . . i wanna see a back with a bit of speed on the field. . .

G_Money
04-28-2018, 06:52 PM
i hope that's really the case. . . there were reports they were ready to install booker as the starter before he got hurt last year. . . i haven't the faintest idea why, but they seem to absolutely love that kid. . . i'm holding out hope that it will be a legit competition-- IMO, he's probably the least dynamic of our top three options. . . i wanna see a back with a bit of speed on the field. . .

Both Williams and Freeman are probably faster on the field than Booker, as is Lindsay. Booker's claim to fame was being a good one cut guy with tremendous ball security and good hands. He's gonna have to be more than passable, which is what he's been so far, in order to keep his job with Henderson lurking too.

DenBronx
04-28-2018, 06:56 PM
They added Jeff Holland too? Man, we're not messing around with pass rush, or the offensive skills competition at WR and RB (Jimmy Williams will probably make the practice squad - that little dude catches everything).

OL can apparently go suck D again this year, but the Broncos are making a push to regain the No Fly Zone and to get as many useful weapons on the field for Keenum as possible.

I fully believe Keenum is going to over shadow alot of mistakes on the OL, that's his gift. He is excellent under pressure, something we haven't had a QB in awhile.

Adding all of these weapons for him, Jake Butt ready to go, competition at RB and Musgrave opening up the playbook we might actually have a pulse on offense. Can't be any worse than last year right?

We did make some minor changes on OL as well picking up Jared Veldeer in the trade with Arizona and wouldn't be suprised if we still brought in someone else. Bolles wasn't bad last year and he will get better.

G_Money
04-28-2018, 07:03 PM
I fully believe Keenum is going to over shadow alot of mistakes on the OL, that's his gift. He is excellent under pressure, something we haven't had a QB in awhile.

Adding all of these weapons for him, Jake Butt ready to go, competition at RB and Musgrave opening up the playbook we might actually have a pulse on offense. Can't be any worse than last year right?

We did make some minor changes on OL as well picking up Jared Veldeer in the trade with Arizona and wouldn't be suprised if we still brought in someone else. Bolles wasn't bad last year and he will get better.

This is the year we find out about the McGoverns of the world. If all these weapons work out we can always drop a couple of picks next year to fix the line. We won't... but we could.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 07:27 PM
Why fix the OL when Case Romo is scrabbling to see around them?

Jsteve01
04-28-2018, 07:56 PM
I'd love to add scales.

G_Money
04-28-2018, 07:57 PM
Lowell Lotulelei too. Space-eating DT.

topscribe
04-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Why fix the OL when Case Romo is scrabbling to see around them?
Did you mean scrambling?

Anyway, Case will just have to do what Drew Brees and Rusell Wilson do . . .

Jsteve01
04-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Lowell Lotulelei too. Space-eating DT.

Agreed before the knee he was a beast just like his big brother

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Phillip Lindsay
‏Verified account @I_CU_boy
1h

I want to thank the @Broncos and @johnelway for believing in me and seeing what I can bring to the program! I look forward to repping my home state. #303 #DenverMade #NFL

Coach Mike MacIntyre
‏Verified account @CoachMikeMac
3h

Congrats you will do awesome!

Hey Bronco fans the Tasmanian Devil is STAYING in the 303.

topscribe
04-28-2018, 09:45 PM
Holland is legit. He's not the physical specimen that Chubb or Von are, but he's the kind of guy you'd expect to go to the Steelers and give them a good 6 years of beating up QBs and RBs.
I don't know how Jeff Holland went undrafted. But I'm sure the Broncos are glad he did.

MkzzTPeHBpQ

TXBRONC
04-28-2018, 09:58 PM

That was a year ago, and you know as well anyone that even with the Broncos a guy can be the next best thing to sliced bread one year and the next year they're a moldy piece of bread to be thrown in the trash.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Did you mean scrambling?

Anyway, Case will just have to do what Drew Brees and Rusell Wilson do . . .

Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes.

Mike
04-28-2018, 10:26 PM
Both Williams and Freeman are probably faster on the field than Booker, as is Lindsay. Booker's claim to fame was being a good one cut guy with tremendous ball security and good hands. He's gonna have to be more than passable, which is what he's been so far, in order to keep his job with Henderson lurking too.

Never liked Booker. I like Henderson a lot. I think he will make his mark this year.

VonDoom
04-29-2018, 06:47 AM
One more that I hadn’t seen yesterday:

https://twitter.com/sayrebedinger/status/990403984522440705?s=21

BroncoJoe
04-29-2018, 07:39 AM
I love love love Phillip Lindsay. He is just flat out a football player. He goes 100% 100% of the time.

Love the kid - love the signing!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2018, 08:15 AM
One more that I hadn’t seen yesterday:

https://twitter.com/sayrebedinger/status/990403984522440705?s=21

Injury riddled as a senior. Has started full seasons at both left and right tackle. And played some guard early. If healthy, could actually push for roster spot.

CoachChaz
04-29-2018, 10:26 AM
I don't know how Jeff Holland went undrafted. But I'm sure the Broncos are glad he did.

MkzzTPeHBpQ

Sensei Mud! No clue why he went undrafted. I thought he was a 3rd rounder and if he stayed for his senior season...maybe higher next year. He's going to make this roster. Love they he studies hand to hand combat skills and you can see it when he engages blockers. Straight stud.

VonDoom
04-29-2018, 10:53 AM
Sensei Mud! No clue why he went undrafted. I thought he was a 3rd rounder and if he stayed for his senior season...maybe higher next year. He's going to make this roster. Love they he studies hand to hand combat skills and you can see it when he engages blockers. Straight stud.

I heard he tested poorly at the combine but even still, I figured he’d be drafted somewhere. It’s to our benefit though

CoachChaz
04-29-2018, 12:21 PM
I heard he tested poorly at the combine but even still, I figured he’d be drafted somewhere. It’s to our benefit though

I read that too...and not sure what it means. Didn't have a great combine, but the kid is a stud. If I had to pick one of these UDFA's to bet on...its him. Love the Lindsay and Schlottman signings too.

Jsteve01
04-29-2018, 12:23 PM

I read that too...and not sure what it means. Didn't have a great combine, but the kid is a stud. If I had to pick one of these UDFA's to bet on...its him. Love the Lindsay and Schlottman signings too. it was one of those stupid things where they start picking apart is body composition and apparently make themselves blind to his production and work ethic.

CoachChaz
04-29-2018, 12:25 PM
it was one of those stupid things where they start picking apart is body composition and apparently make themselves blind to his production and work ethic.

Fine by me. Hell...id have drafted him in the 6th instead of wasting one on Berreria.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Denver Broncos

Jeff Holland, OLB, Auburn
Leon Johnson, OT, Temple
Phillip Linsday, RB, Colorado
Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Trey Marshall, S, Florida State
Teo Redding, WR, Bowling Green
Austin Schlottman, C, TCU
Jimmy Williams, WR, East Carolina

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/28/17293694/nfl-draft-udfa-signings-tracker-results-2018

topscribe
04-29-2018, 12:39 PM
I read that too...and not sure what it means. Didn't have a great combine, but the kid is a stud. If I had to pick one of these UDFA's to bet on...its him. Love the Lindsay and Schlottman signings too.
Just an indication, IMO, that what they do in shorts doesn't necessarily reveal what they can do in pads . . .

Simple Jaded
04-29-2018, 02:48 PM
I think people were expecting high SPARQ raking from Holland from the way he plays and “only” got 4.7’s and such.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
40m40 minutes ago

Broncos agreement with undrafted RB Phillip Lindsay includes impressive $15,000 signing bonus. Besides running the ball, Broncos will give him chance as a returner. #9sports.

gregbroncs
04-29-2018, 06:17 PM
I'm a Utah Utes fan and Lowell is not his brother. He's a space eating D-lineman but doesn't possess the play making skills his brother did in college. Star had to be double teamed on every down in college when he wasn't he penetrated the backfield and destroyed plays. Lowell has never shown that ability.

VonDoom
04-29-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm a Utah Utes fan and Lowell is not his brother. He's a space eating D-lineman but doesn't possess the play making skills his brother did in college. Star had to be double teamed on every down in college when he wasn't he penetrated the backfield and destroyed plays. Lowell has never shown that ability.

Guessing that’s why Star was a first round pick and his brother is a UDFA

Elevation inc
04-30-2018, 03:18 AM

Walterfootball.com has a pretty good tracker

chazoe60
04-30-2018, 07:34 AM
Walterfootball.com has a pretty good tracker

He ended up signing with the Giants. I don't know if he officially signed or was just invited to rookie camp, and I don't really know the difference to be honest. I will not put it past him to end up making an impression though.

gregbroncs
04-30-2018, 07:58 AM
Guessing that’s why Star was a first round pick and his brother is a UDFA

Yea I saw someone here compare him to his brother before his knee injury. He wasn't that even before the injury.

TXBRONC
04-30-2018, 11:04 AM
I was watching some of highlights of Jeff Holland, and he reminded me a little of Barrett in style but he may be a more explosive. I wonder why he came after his junior year?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 11:07 AM
I was watching some of highlights of Jeff Holland, and he reminded me a little of Barrett in style but he may be a more explosive. I wonder why he came after his junior year?

Some guys just need the money, and some guys just don’t do well in school, and no I’m not suggesting he’s stupid. I’m suggesting people have different kinds of learning styles. Sitting in a non interactive learning environment can be torture for some people

TXBRONC
04-30-2018, 11:35 AM
Some guys just need the money, and some guys just don’t do well in school, and no I’m not suggesting he’s stupid. I’m suggesting people have different kinds of learning styles. Sitting in a non interactive learning environment can be torture for some people

I understand there different reasons why guy leave early for the draft. I'm just curious as why he decided to leave early.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 12:37 PM
I understand there different reasons why guy leave early for the draft. I'm just curious as why he decided to leave early.

Dunno....although I’m pulling for this kid. I admit I don’t know much about him, but I may adopt him as my underdog this year.

CoachChaz
04-30-2018, 01:24 PM

Based on a few articles I read, Holland truly believed he was the best pure 3-4 edge rusher in the draft. So, either his ego got the best of him...or someone gave him some bad info. That being said...he is a stud and I thought he'd go in the 3rd round at least. So, at the end of the day, bonus for us.

TXBRONC
04-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Dunno....although I’m pulling for this kid. I admit I don’t know much about him, but I may adopt him as my underdog this year.

I like what I saw of him in highlight video. I hope he's able make the transition because the more pass rushers you have the better.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 02:02 PM
I like what I saw of him in highlight video. I hope he's able make the transition because the more pass rushers you have the better.

The fact that he studies Marshall arts and plays with a high motor tells me he’s got a strong work ethic. Someone like that could play for a few years and start a business doing private security after football is over, making north of 6 figures a year and never land a four year degree.

I’m projecting here, but you hopefully get where I’m coming from.

G_Money
04-30-2018, 02:11 PM

You could do way worse than Holland. He can't cover a windblown paper bag, but he's pretty relentless at getting to the QB and he's got an outstanding motor. If they can teach him to cover the middle of the field even a little and he can be an edge player against the rush, he can go places. Love grabbing him, and I expect him to make the team. Our blitz package is gonna be insane this year.

CoachChaz
04-30-2018, 02:14 PM
You could do way worse than Holland. He can't cover a windblown paper bag, but he's pretty relentless at getting to the QB and he's got an outstanding motor. If they can teach him to cover the middle of the field even a little and he can be an edge player against the rush, he can go places. Love grabbing him, and I expect him to make the team. Our blitz package is gonna be insane this year.

Yes...he's definitely strictly a pass rusher at this point. Not sure I'd want him covering an eligible tackle.

Poet
04-30-2018, 02:24 PM
The UDFA's are another fun part of the process. Every now and again you'll end up with a player who is wonderful. And then other times you look at the guy and go 'yeah, that's why you weren't drafted."

Ah. The circle of life!

HORSEPOWER 56
04-30-2018, 04:16 PM
All I can say is, if you’re a guy like Shelby Harris, Walker, and Holland, I’m busting my ass to be part of that QB **** fest pass rush. How damned sweet would it be to get time in the NASCAR package with Von and Chubb? Damn, that shit would be damned fun. I know if I beat my man I get a free shot on the QB. I might even go unblocked!

I’m stoked about the pass rush possibilities this year.

TXBRONC
04-30-2018, 04:45 PM
All I can say is, if you’re a guy like Shelby Harris, Walker, and Holland, I’m busting my ass to be part of that QB **** fest pass rush. How damned sweet would it be to get time in the NASCAR package with Von and Chubb? Damn, that shit would be damned fun. I know if I beat my man I get a free shot on the QB. I might even go unblocked!

I’m stoked about the pass rush possibilities this year.

Holland may have to be the practice squad for a year but even so Denver should still have very intimidating pass rush.

VonDoom
04-30-2018, 04:56 PM
https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/991067841255231488?s=21

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/991072894351388674?s=21

gregbroncs
04-30-2018, 05:14 PM

I’m stoked about the pass rush possibilities this year.LOL or it could be you beat your man or go unblocked and are still 2nd or 3rd to the QB. Not saying it wouldn't still be fun.

OrangeHoof
04-30-2018, 08:44 PM
The fact that he studies Marshall arts and plays with a high motor tells me he’s got a strong work ethic.

Did he study Leonard Marshall arts or Brandon Marshall arts?

BTW, the Bruce Lee stuff is spelled m-a-r-t-i-a-l, same as martial law which also gets misspelled these days more often than not.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 10:43 PM
Did he study Leonard Marshall arts or Brandon Marshall arts?

BTW, the Bruce Lee stuff is spelled m-a-r-t-i-a-l, same as martial law which also gets misspelled these days more often than not.

I know how to spell it. I’m not sure if that was a typo or a brain fart, or both because I was at work

VonDoom
05-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Official UDFA signings:

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/991407933991813120?s=21

TXBRONC
05-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Including the two receivers that were drafted it looks like the Broncos are going to bring four rookie receivers to camp this year.

CoachChaz
05-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Including the two receivers that were drafted it looks like the Broncos are going to bring four rookie receivers to camp this year.

Don't know too much about the ECU kid, but the TCU kid I wouldn't hold out much hope for. Not a lot of skill or productivity as far as I've seen in games. Although, admittedly, I haven't researched him much. Just going by what I've seen in games.

G_Money
05-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Don't know too much about the ECU kid, but the TCU kid I wouldn't hold out much hope for. Not a lot of skill or productivity as far as I've seen in games. Although, admittedly, I haven't researched him much. Just going by what I've seen in games.

I saw several ECU games the last couple years. Jimmy Williams (the ECU kid) is kinda the injury-prone version of DaeSean. I'm actually expecting him to slide onto the practice squad. Jimmy is good in tight spaces, has good awareness, hand-catches everything, runs pretty crisp routes (though not as crisp as DaeSean)... doesn't have a top gear or much verticality in his game but that's all right. He can play a slot role or run outside routes, but I would expect him to be a backup slot option 2 years from now, if he can stay healthy. John Diarse I'll take your word for lol.

CoachChaz
05-02-2018, 10:30 AM
I saw several ECU games the last couple years. Jimmy Williams (the ECU kid) is kinda the injury-prone version of DaeSean. I'm actually expecting him to slide onto the practice squad. Jimmy is good in tight spaces, has good awareness, hand-catches everything, runs pretty crisp routes (though not as crisp as DaeSean)... doesn't have a top gear or much verticality in his game but that's all right. He can play a slot role or run outside routes, but I would expect him to be a backup slot option 2 years from now, if he can stay healthy. John Diarse I'll take your word for lol.

When I was living in Raleigh, I use to get to see quite a bit of ECU games (school was one of my clients)...just dont get much on them outside of the area. But I'm pretty well versed on the local kids (Sutton, Diarse)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2018, 10:48 AM
When I was living in Raleigh, I use to get to see quite a bit of ECU games (school was one of my clients)...just dont get much on them outside of the area. But I'm pretty well versed on the local kids (Sutton, Diarse)

Did you see Chris Johnson play there?

CoachChaz
05-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Did you see Chris Johnson play there?

No. I was there for 18 months, but it was after he graduated. Only ones I saw that were drafted (as far as I can remember) were Linval Joseph and Dwayne Harris

TXBRONC
05-02-2018, 02:29 PM

It's unlikely that either one of the tow UDFA will make the 53 man roster but maybe one of them shows enough to make the practice squad.

topscribe
05-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Holland may have to be the practice squad for a year but even so Denver should still have very intimidating pass rush.
I would lay down a bus fare that Holland would not be on the PS for long. The Broncos
gave him a generous offer to bring him here, which indicates others might have been
willing to extend one of their own. At any rate, pass rushers are at a premium, and some
teams are desperate for them, so I envision a quick exit for him from the PS.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2018, 10:00 PM
No. I was there for 18 months, but it was after he graduated. Only ones I saw that were drafted (as far as I can remember) were Linval Joseph and Dwayne Harris

I remember him at ECU because he torched Boise for about 280 yards in the Hawaii Bowl.