PDA

View Full Version : Chad Kelly LIVE from Stoney’s: The Drive 4/26/18

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 10:36 AM
http://1043thefan.com/168048/chad-kelly-live-from-stoneys-the-drive-42618/

Al & DMac are LIVE from Stoney’s! Chad Kelly joins the show LIVE to talk about dealing with mental struggles and implementing new playbooks with his uncle Jim. Chad talks about his connection & tough times with Carlos Henderson, and DMac asks Chad if there are any similarities between the mistakes he made when he was young and Baker Mayfield’s. Also, how teammates can appreciate the plays Chad Kelly can make.

aberdien
04-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Who?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2018, 10:51 AM
http://1043thefan.com/168048/chad-kelly-live-from-stoneys-the-drive-42618/

Al & DMac are LIVE from Stoney’s! Chad Kelly joins the show LIVE to talk about dealing with mental struggles and implementing new playbooks with his uncle Jim. Chad talks about his connection & tough times with Carlos Henderson, and DMac asks Chad if there are any similarities between the mistakes he made when he was young and Baker Mayfield’s. Also, how teammates can appreciate the plays Chad Kelly can make.

I'll wait for your cliffs notes.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:08 AM
"i feel great, i feel like i could run a 4.5 40" - Swag

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:10 AM
"im up at 5:30 every morning training, like the great ones have to do to be great, i want to be great" - Swag

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:12 AM
he talks about training with henderson because they were both on IR.

And how both of them would hang out and just watch film all day.

I want to see that connection!

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Damn. He said he was learning his uncles NFL bills playbook as a freshmen in highschool.

Said that is how he learned the passing game so young.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:16 AM
I gotta say, i am impressed with his football IQ after listening to the interview. I didnt even think that was one of his strengths. But clearly has been around the game his entire life.

SWAG IS THE FUTURE.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Chad said Mccoys playbook had thousands of plays in the play book last year.

And there was like 6 plays that meant the exact the same thing.

"There was no need for that"

too funny.

Poet
04-28-2018, 11:35 AM
So you're guaranteeing that he's winning the starting role this season, right?

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:52 AM
So you're guaranteeing that he's winning the starting role this season, right?

he already the starter. you just dont know it yet.

Poet
04-28-2018, 11:54 AM
he already the starter. you just dont know it yet.

I look forward to him beating out CK for the job.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 11:55 AM
whose CK? Chad Kelly?

I hope you not talking about Case Keesum.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Chad said Mccoys playbook had thousands of plays in the play book last year.

And there was like 6 plays that meant the exact the same thing.

"There was no need for that"

too funny.

This is common, same plays run from different formations.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:20 PM
Btw.

All aboard who’s coming aboard the Chad Kelly bandwagon.

Shane, I told you this guy was legit. Maybe next time you’ll listen to what I say.

underrated29
04-28-2018, 02:28 PM
I’ve been a conductor on this trains just not to the extreme of falco

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:31 PM
I’ve been a conductor on this trains just not to the extreme of falco

I’m aboard.

ShaneFalco
04-28-2018, 05:54 PM
I’m aboard.

The three amigos

Slap hands !

Tned
04-28-2018, 06:15 PM
I voted that he would start week 1 of '18 in the "When will Chad Kelly start" poll I created last year. That was obviously before his injuries lingered and before signing Keenum, but I think he's got a very good chance of beating out Lynch for the backup job.

Davii
04-28-2018, 08:26 PM
I voted that he would start week 1 of '18 in the "When will Chad Kelly start" poll I created last year. That was obviously before his injuries lingered and before signing Keenum, but I think he's got a very good chance of beating out Lynch for the backup job.

He should easily beat out PL.

Jsteve01
04-28-2018, 08:36 PM
You better add another name to that list of Migo I've been talking about Kelly since they drafted him last year. Most of the character stuff was when he was young and it was immaturity stuff it wasn't like going out and say stealing crab legs from Publix. I was never bothered by him getting onto the field to help pull people off his brother when he was getting jumped in his helmet was off.

tomjonesrocks
04-30-2018, 08:08 PM

At this point I’ll pull hard for Kelly in the preseason to nab the backup job. He still sounds more like Eminem to me than PFM in interviews - but I don’t see how his leadership could be worse than Paxton’s. I can’t understand why Paxton’s non-existent ability to be any kind of leader wasn’t sniffed out during scouting (Denver wasn’t the only team that loved him). It’s really weird. I mean it’s not that he’s not a natural leader - he’s the opposite of a leader. He was literally crying on the sidelines with a relative boo-boo when the team was coming back against #FTR.

slim
04-30-2018, 09:02 PM

Well, Siemian did, so yeah

Nomad
04-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Lynch just needs more time to develop.

Signed,

John Elway

underrated29
05-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Shane did you pick me up an autograph?

TXBRONC
05-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Lynch just needs more time to develop.

Signed,

John Elway

As many have pointed out he was considered a two to three year project when he was drafted.

Tned
05-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Well, Siemian did, so yeah

Yea, but if Denver traded PL to the Pats, I bet there's an even money chance Lynch would beat out Brady.

Tned
05-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Anyone else see the irony of the name of the place where Kelly did the interview?

TXBRONC
05-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Anyone else see the irony of the name of the place where Kelly did the interview?

Yes.

ShaneFalco
05-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Shane did you pick me up an autograph?

didnt get to go. I will probably go to the HOF ceremony when Swag gets inducted tho

ShaneFalco
05-03-2018, 04:35 PM

youve never been to stoneys?

Impossible to get a drink when its full.

Tned
05-03-2018, 04:36 PM
didnt get to go. I will probably go to the HOF ceremony when Swag gets inducted tho

What do you think about the reports that he lacks accuracy and was skittish under pressure?

Tned
05-03-2018, 04:37 PM
youve never been to stoneys?

Impossible to get a drink when its full.

I haven't. I pretty much only spend time around 16th street mall area. Is it there, or elsewhere.

underrated29
05-03-2018, 04:56 PM
What do you think about the reports that he lacks accuracy and was skittish under pressure?

I think that is accurate. I think all Qbs have those problems though. Still, he makes some wtf decisions. So does Sam darnold though.
I think Chad (have to see him play first obviously) has the skills to be a starter and possibly keep developing into a QB. who knows. He has a long long long road ahead of him.

I haven't. I pretty much only spend time around 16th street mall area. Is it there, or elsewhere.

Yeah it is pretty close to 16th street.

Davii
05-08-2018, 01:29 AM
I think that is accurate. I think all Qbs have those problems though. Still, he makes some wtf decisions. So does Sam darnold though.
I think Chad (have to see him play first obviously) has the skills to be a starter and possibly keep developing into a QB. who knows. He has a long long long road ahead of him.

Yeah it is pretty close to 16th street.

Or, possibly a very short road if he doesn’t pan out.

Cugel
05-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Or, possibly a very short road if he doesn’t pan out.

Chad Kelly will be on the 53 man roster this season. It will almost impossible for them to prevent him from beating Paxton out for the backup job.

THey tried to hand Paxton the starting job last year and he fumbled that. No reason to think Kelly won't beat him out for the backup job.

CoachChaz
05-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Chad Kelly will be on the 53 man roster this season. It will almost impossible for them to prevent him from beating Paxton out for the backup job.

THey tried to hand Paxton the starting job last year and he fumbled that. No reason to think Kelly won't beat him out for the backup job.

1. Pride
2. Admitting a mistake
3. Justification via draft status
4. Actually developing into a decent QB

Just a few reasons that "could" be heard in defense of keeping Paxton as the #2. The thing Kelly has going in his favor is Paxton has already been beat out by a 2nd rounder and a 7th rounder, so the precedent within the team has been set.