B. Chubb-198

Solo Tackles

Von Miller-104
B. Chubb-100

Tackle Assists

Von Miller-77
B. Chubb-98

They each had 1 interception

Very comparable, but more production out of Chubb against better competition.....also considering 7 less games played.

I got a CHUBB writing this.

Broncoknight30
04-28-2018, 07:24 AM
Von Miller played in the Big 12

Chubb played in the ACC

Of course the better competition is in the ACC

Games Played

Von Miller-47
B. Chubb-40

Sacks

Von Miller-33
B. Chubb-25

Tackles for Loss

Von Miller-50.5
B. Chubb-54.5

Passes Defensed

Von Miller-5
B. Chubb-4

Forced Fumbles

Von Miller-7
B. Chubb-6

Solo Tackles

Von Miller-181
B. Chubb-198

Solo Tackles

Von Miller-104
B. Chubb-100

Tackle Assists

Von Miller-77
B. Chubb-98

They each had 1 interception

Very comparable, but more production out of Chubb against better competition.....also considering 7 less games played.

I got a CHUBB writing this.

A little bit concerned with how he will fit in the 3-4. I am assuming the Broncos will be playing him at OLB. He is a bit bigger and slower for the typical prototypical OLB. Von Miller coming out of the draft was projected as the prototypical 3-4 OLB. He played it at A&M. His first year he played in the 3-4 with the Broncos was 2015.

Anyway, Bradley Chubb, on the other hand has been projected as a prototypical 4-3 DE. He is being compared to Julius Peppers, who played his career as a 4-3 DE. Which, is different than a 3-4 OLB.

Yes, most teams play hybrids, and it will be interesting to see the plan the Broncos have with Chubb. Now, comes the sobering thought of the coaching staff here. We sort of saw how they mysteriously misused Demarcus Walker.

Just a bit concerning to say the least. Not about Chubb, but about Radio and the rest.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2018, 08:55 AM
They now the horses for situational position diversity. Ie...a bunch of dudes we can line up anywhere depending on what we need.

Cugel
04-28-2018, 09:10 AM
Look, if Bill Kollar can't make good use of the best defensive player in the entire NFL draft then he should be fired.

It's a concern that the Broncos don't have a long-term franchise QB, but clearly Elway & Co. didn't love either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. Well, Allen went at #7 and Rosen was the 4th QB taken at #10 so clearly teams other than the Broncos (Browns, Giants, Jets, Bills) all of whom could use an elite QB agreed "Pass." (Eli is 390 years old now).

The Jets were rumored to love Allen. Not so much. Apparently both Browns and Jets wanted Mayfield, which forced the Browns to take him #1 rather than taking Barkley #1 and then take a QB at #4, which they were reportedly wanting to do for months. And the Jets loved Mayfield more than Allen or Rosen too.

There were serious concerns about both QBs that had them drop out of the top 5. The Dolphins also didn't make a move to get up ahead of the Cardinals to grab Rosen either, yet they could also use a QB.

I got endless grief for posting that Rosen was falling in the weeks leading up to the draft - well he fell all the way from #2 to #10 so I WAS RIGHT WASN'T I!

I wasn't just "posting stuff out of my ass." :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2018, 09:18 AM
DeMarcus Ware ready to help Bradley Chubb
Former Broncos OLB DeMarcus Ware talks about how Bradley Chubb fits in Denver and what it means for Von Miller.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DeMarcus-Ware-ready-to-help-Bradley-Chubb/5013dbb4-d7c6-4e7f-aad9-b520455fe177

Rick
04-28-2018, 09:36 AM

Something smells...

Cugel
04-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Something smells...

GEM
04-28-2018, 09:54 AM
Reports out of Foxboro say Tom Brady shit his pants after the 5th pick on day 1.

GEM
04-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Look, if Bill Kollar can't make good use of the best defensive player in the entire NFL draft then he should be fired.

It's a concern that the Broncos don't have a long-term franchise QB, but clearly Elway & Co. didn't love either Josh Allen or Josh Rosen. Well, Allen went at #7 and Rosen was the 4th QB taken at #10 so clearly teams other than the Broncos (Browns, Giants, Jets, Bills) all of whom could use an elite QB agreed "Pass." (Eli is 390 years old now).

The Jets were rumored to love Allen. Not so much. Apparently both Browns and Jets wanted Mayfield, which forced the Browns to take him #1 rather than taking Barkley #1 and then take a QB at #4, which they were reportedly wanting to do for months. And the Jets loved Mayfield more than Allen or Rosen too.

There were serious concerns about both QBs that had them drop out of the top 5. The Dolphins also didn't make a move to get up ahead of the Cardinals to grab Rosen either, yet they could also use a QB.

I got endless grief for posting that Rosen was falling in the weeks leading up to the draft - well he fell all the way from #2 to #10 so I WAS RIGHT WASN'T I!

To be fair, there were a ton of rumors Rosen would fall.

Poet
04-28-2018, 09:59 AM
When we're in sub packages he's just going to be on the line. He can play 4-3 DE and is athletic enough to be a 3-4 OLB. You'll seem him all over the place. And it will be glorious. When we do the 4-3 formation you'll see him being used as a DE and moved around like the 'Hawks did with Michael Bennett.

It's not a perfect traditional fit, but it'll be fine.

Cugel
04-28-2018, 10:08 AM
To be fair, there were a ton of rumors Rosen would fall.

I'm not arguing that I had some unique insight, just that I took tons of shit from other posters on these boards for posting it. "I haven't heard anything like that! Rosen is a top 2 pick!" etc., etc. But, you're right, there were rumors for months that the Giants and Browns had decided to pass on him, that the Jets and Broncos and Bills didn't love him either and that he would be the QB who would fall the farthest of the top 4.

All that turned out to be true and he fell all the way to #10.

DenBronx
04-28-2018, 10:18 AM
When you can't find a way to use a player like Chubb on your defense then it isn't Chubb that's the problem, it's those that are coaching him. Wade Phillips would make Chubb work here in Denver.

DenBronx
04-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Awww hell...is King still wanting Rosen instead of Chubb?

Poet
04-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Awww hell...is King still wanting Rosen instead of Chubb?

What are you talking about?

aberdien
04-28-2018, 10:42 AM

I'm not arguing that I had some unique insight, just that I took tons of shit from other posters on these boards for posting it. "I haven't heard anything like that! Rosen is a top 2 pick!" etc., etc. But, you're right, there were rumors for months that the Giants and Browns had decided to pass on him, that the Jets and Broncos and Bills didn't love him either and that he would be the QB who would fall the farthest of the top 4.

All that turned out to be true and he fell all the way to #10.

Are you aware that this thread is not about Rosen? In fact this thread is specifically not about Rosen. So why you've chosen this thread of all threads to post your rant is a mystery.

Poet
04-28-2018, 10:50 AM
Rosen is mostly dead to us.

How important are college stats?

GEM
04-28-2018, 10:55 AM
Rosen is mostly dead to us.

How important are college stats?

All the first round busts say not very. :laugh:

Poet
04-28-2018, 10:56 AM
All the first round busts say not very. :laugh:

Yeah, a lot of bad NFL QB's tore it up in college. It's harder to get a handle on college stats.

WARHORSE
04-28-2018, 01:17 PM
A little bit concerned with how he will fit in the 3-4. I am assuming the Broncos will be playing him at OLB. He is a bit bigger and slower for the typical prototypical OLB. Von Miller coming out of the draft was projected as the prototypical 3-4 OLB. He played it at A&M. His first year he played in the 3-4 with the Broncos was 2015.

Anyway, Bradley Chubb, on the other hand has been projected as a prototypical 4-3 DE. He is being compared to Julius Peppers, who played his career as a 4-3 DE. Which, is different than a 3-4 OLB.

Yes, most teams play hybrids, and it will be interesting to see the plan the Broncos have with Chubb. Now, comes the sobering thought of the coaching staff here. We sort of saw how they mysteriously misused Demarcus Walker.

Just a bit concerning to say the least. Not about Chubb, but about Radio and the rest.

Have you seen tape of this guy standing at SLB rushing the passer? If anything, this gives our defense immense versatility. Walker and Chubb could easily play DE in a 4-3 set not to mention Von cause Von handles both run and pass rush. In passing situations, the amount of looks we can give people with the front 7 are crazy.

The mile high air is going to get even thinner for those offensive linemen who have to deal with a very, very deep front 7, able to make a devastating rotation if we choose.

I don't ever see how we suffer bringing top talent into the lockeroom.

Jsteve01
04-29-2018, 09:13 AM

Have you seen tape of this guy standing at SLB rushing the passer? If anything, this gives our defense immense versatility. Walker and Chubb could easily play DE in a 4-3 set not to mention Von cause Von handles both run and pass rush. In passing situations, the amount of looks we can give people with the front 7 are crazy.

The mile high air is going to get even thinner for those offensive linemen who have to deal with a very, very deep front 7, able to make a devastating rotation if we choose.

I don't ever see how we suffer bringing top talent into the lockeroom. the one thing that impressed me when he was hired and still makes me feel like Joseph may get it sooner than later is the idea that you always fit your scheme to fit your best players and not the reverse. That is what has made Wade Phillips the best coordinator in football. Everybody has this idea about a Phillips 3-4. But Wade has used guys at the same position in completely different modes over the course of his career. Why? Because certain guys do certain things better than others. That is the sign of a great coach. You can be X's and O's and great motivator but if you're not putting in your guys in their best position to succeed then you failed whether you're in middle school high school college or the pros. You have to set your guys up to succeed now when you got A plus athlete like Chubb it makes it a lot easier.

Poet
04-29-2018, 10:43 AM
the one thing that impressed me when he was hired and still makes me feel like Joseph may get it sooner than later is the idea that you always fit your scheme to fit your best players and not the reverse. That is what has made Wade Phillips the best coordinator in football. Everybody has this idea about a Phillips 3-4. But Wade has used guys at the same position in completely different modes over the course of his career. Why? Because certain guys do certain things better than others. That is the sign of a great coach. You can be X's and O's and great motivator but if you're not putting in your guys in their best position to succeed then you failed whether you're in middle school high school college or the pros. You have to set your guys up to succeed now when you got A plus athlete like Chubb it makes it a lot easier.

YES!

Just look at what he's doing with Aaron Donald right now.

TXBRONC
04-30-2018, 09:41 AM

Yeah there was some speculation that the Browns would take Barkley with the first overall pick but that was like more month outside of draft. About the time the Jets traded up to the third overall pick it became consistent that the Browns would take a quarterback with first overall pick.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 10:25 AM
This shows they are two different players. Chubb will be better against the run than Barrett because he’s bigger and more explosive.

WARHORSE
04-30-2018, 12:38 PM
Saw a report with Legwold that said the Broncos didnt even do a predraft mock that had Chubb falling to them, thats how highly they rated him.

That spoke to the belief that Denver didnt believe Cleveland would pass on him twice and the Giants also.

Poet
04-30-2018, 12:46 PM
Chubb. Chubb, Chubb, Chubb! CHUBB CHUBB CHUUUUBB!

DenBronx
04-30-2018, 01:20 PM
No one really thought Chubb would fall. He did, he's ours and there are 3 teams ahead of us that are going to regret that decision.

Poet
04-30-2018, 01:37 PM
Man, it's going to be tough being a fat guy wearing a Chubb jersey, but I'm going to have to make that sacrifice.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 01:53 PM
Man, it's going to be tough being a fat guy wearing a Chubb jersey, but I'm going to have to make that sacrifice.
That’s the second time you’ve said that. So far the humor is growing incrementally.

Poet
04-30-2018, 02:05 PM
That’s the second time you’ve said that. So far the humor is growing incrementally.

Just like my belly does...daily...

BroncoJoe
04-30-2018, 03:57 PM

You will have to post a picture. HAVE TO!!!!!!

gregbroncs
04-30-2018, 05:20 PM
When we're in sub packages he's just going to be on the line. He can play 4-3 DE and is athletic enough to be a 3-4 OLB. You'll seem him all over the place. And it will be glorious. When we do the 4-3 formation you'll see him being used as a DE and moved around like the 'Hawks did with Michael Bennett.

It's not a perfect traditional fit, but it'll be fine.It would be interesting to see Von and Chubb coming off the same side in a 4-3 set with Von being the LB.