PDA

View Full Version : "Rolls" Royce Freeman Pick #71 Denver Broncos

WARHORSE
04-28-2018, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the Denver Broncos Royce.....I hope you live up to the tape........LETS GO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06fFR9sSAo&t=302s

MOtorboat
04-28-2018, 12:56 AM
I love this pick. I hope he can break those big runs in Denver. We haven't seen that in a long time.

Cugel
04-28-2018, 05:40 AM
I love this pick. I hope he can break those big runs in Denver. We haven't seen that in a long time.

Of course DBs are a lot faster in the NFL. But, who cares? He's a good strong back for a backfield that has lost CJ Anderson and desperately needed an infusion of talent. If he only breaks it for 12 yards that will be fine.

BroncoJoe
04-28-2018, 07:22 AM

I hope DT and Sanders note the great downfield blocking by the WR's...

Canmore
04-28-2018, 08:37 AM

So do I.

Canmore
04-28-2018, 08:45 AM
The only college ball I watch at all is Oregon. I've seen Royce Freeman for four years. I'm excited.

Cugel
04-28-2018, 09:15 AM
The only college ball I watch at all is Oregon. I've seen Royce Freeman for four years. I'm excited.

I don't know anything about him other than his highlight reel. What are his strengths?

Canmore
04-28-2018, 09:35 AM
I don't know anything about him other than his highlight reel. What are his strengths?

He's faster than you would think for a man that goes 230ish and he does not go down after contact. He has good hands out of the backfield and he smells paydirt. He had 60 TDs at Oregon a Pac12 record.

I think we are going to love him.

Cugel
04-28-2018, 09:39 AM
He's faster than you would think for a man that goes 230ish and he does not go down after contact. He has good hands out of the backfield and he smells paydirt. He had 60 TDs at Oregon a Pac12 record.

I saw the commentary on him running over LBs and DBs. So, he's going to be the new workhorse back, while DeAngelo Henderson is the change of pace guy.

There seems to be some concern that he has been worked to death in Oregon, but RB careers don't last long anyway, and he's a 3rd rounder. If he gets 5 good years that's great.

I'm enthusiastic that the Broncos have another instant impact player.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2018, 09:42 AM
I saw the commentary on him running over LBs and DBs. So, he's going to be the new workhorse back, while DeAngelo Henderson is the change of pace guy.

There seems to be some concern that he has been worked to death in Oregon, but RB careers don't last long anyway, and he's a 3rd rounder. If he gets 5 good years that's great.

That's the beauty of having 2 other decent backs. We don't have to murder the kid. We'll keep him fresh.

Canmore
04-28-2018, 09:45 AM

Forgot to add, he's DURABLE!

chazoe60
04-28-2018, 09:45 AM
He kinda reminds me of a faster version of CJ Anderson.

Canmore
04-28-2018, 09:48 AM

But at least in college, he wasn't in the training room all the time.

GEM
04-28-2018, 09:49 AM

That's exactly what Elway said.

chazoe60
04-28-2018, 09:59 AM

Yeah I just mean his running style and build.

As much as there were things to complain about with CJ I will always like that dude. He was a great guy and a good player for us. He was easily the offensive MVP for us during the SB run and had a very underappreciated great game in SB50. I really hope he catches on with someone and kicks some ass. He's an all-around good dude.

Cugel
04-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Forgot to add, he's DURABLE!

I don't think the work load is that much of a concern, he's still pretty fast, running a 4.5 40 at the combine. He can run away from LBs for sure and even some safeties, yet he's 230 and brings impact. the tv announcers said "I've seen some DBs make career decisions about whether to try and tackle him."

MOtorboat
04-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Of course DBs are a lot faster in the NFL.

Is water also wet?

slim
04-28-2018, 12:32 PM
Is water also wet?

Not if it's powdered water!

#hannibal

NightTerror218
04-28-2018, 01:00 PM

I watch Oregon state because I am a a fan... But Oregon is ok n TV more I see more of their games

NightTerror218
04-28-2018, 01:01 PM

Watching him truck people for years.

WARHORSE
04-28-2018, 01:27 PM
Faster, bigger than TD was. Game speed is great. He has power too.....can catch.

Love the pick.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:10 PM
The only concern here is the amount of touches he got in college, turns out he might’ve went a little higher in draft than he would have if he came out last year.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:13 PM

He doesn’t tap out every 3 touches either.

7alpha30
04-28-2018, 03:49 PM
I guess I'm a lot less excited about this pick than others seem to be.

Jsteve01
04-29-2018, 09:20 AM
The only concern here is the amount of touches he got in college, turns out he might’ve went a little higher in draft than he would have if he came out last year.

Funny how things work. Because if you'd come out after that ridiculous season he had his sophomore year he probably have been a first-rounder

Simple Jaded
04-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Funny how things work. Because if you'd come out after that ridiculous season he had his sophomore year he probably have been a first-rounder

He was a more explosive RB then, no doubt, that’s why ... if I’m a highly recruited 5-Star RB ... I’d wanna redshirt my Frosh season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2018, 10:49 PM
He was a more explosive RB then, no doubt, that’s why ... if I’m a highly recruited 5-Star RB ... I’d wanna redshirt my Frosh season.
4.5 at 230 is explosive.

topscribe
04-29-2018, 11:11 PM
Of course DBs are a lot faster in the NFL. But, who cares? He's a good strong back for a backfield that has lost CJ Anderson and desperately needed an infusion of talent. If he only breaks it for 12 yards that will be fine.
Well, C.J. broke a few, and Freeman is faster than C.J.

Jsteve01
04-29-2018, 11:20 PM
4.5 at 230 is explosive.

He was next level back then. 1800 yards as a sophomore in the Pac12.

Simple Jaded
04-30-2018, 12:42 AM
4.5 at 230 is explosive.

Had he been able to come out after true sophomore season he would’ve been 2nd RB taken. This is not to say that Freeman is a broke-dick-dog now, though.

Elevation inc
04-30-2018, 02:59 AM
He doesn’t tap out every 3 touches either.

This right here is why Studesville and CJ are no longer in Denver. I like CJ, and I will miss him...but he did ask to come out more than he should have.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Had he been able to come out after true sophomore season he would’ve been 2nd RB taken. This is not to say that Freeman is a broke-dick-dog now, though.

It wil be interesting to see how they use him. They’ve been giving us a sales pitch on Booker since last year to prepare us for the departure of CJ. I think they’re going to find it hard not to give Freeman the lion’s share of touches.

G_Money
04-30-2018, 11:46 AM
It wil be interesting to see how they use him. They’ve been giving us a sales pitch on Booker since last year to prepare us for the departure of CJ. I think they’re going to find it hard not to give Freeman the lion’s share of touches.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what touches you get if you don't do much with em. I expect Freeman to do a lot with his, especially if they're giving him 2nd and 3rd string opposition in the preseason. Booker knows the offense and the league, and has a leg up on Freeman coming out of the gate. I expect Booker to be the "starting" RB for Game 1, but Freeman's touches and impact should increase as the year goes along.

topscribe
04-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Yeah, it doesn't matter what touches you get if you don't do much with em. I expect Freeman to do a lot with his, especially if they're giving him 2nd and 3rd string opposition in the preseason. Booker knows the offense and the league, and has a leg up on Freeman coming out of the gate. I expect Booker to be the "starting" RB for Game 1, but Freeman's touches and impact should increase as the year goes along.
Freeman seems what C.J. Anderson wanted to be. Freeman is bigger and faster and a very
punishing runner -- which is why he got away with so many carries: He dealt it out. I love
me some C.J. . . . it's just that the Broncos got themselves a fast road grader in Freeman . . .

Cugel
05-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Freeman should be your day 1 starter. No doubt. Booker has done exactly nothing in the NFL.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Freeman seems what C.J. Anderson wanted to be. Freeman is bigger and faster and a very
punishing runner -- which is why he got away with so many carries: He dealt it out. I love
me some C.J. . . . it's just that the Broncos got themselves a fast road grader in Freeman . . .

Maybe they bring CJ back at a lower salary and quit pretending Booker is better.

topscribe
05-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Maybe they bring CJ back at a lower salary and quit pretending Booker is better.
I watched some of C.J.'s highlights again a day or so ago.

I thought, "This is what they let go in favor of Booker?"

Cugel
05-06-2018, 02:54 PM
I watched some of C.J.'s highlights again a day or so ago.

I thought, "This is what they let go in favor of Booker?"

They screwed up the CJ contract. First they let him become a restricted FA. Then they gave him a low round tender underestimating the market for him. Then Miami gave him a $4m a year deal. Then they said "whoa! If we don't match, we lose our starting RB." THen they matched. Then CJ ran for 1000 yards. Then they decided "he's earning too much money! We have to let him go!" Then they let him go back into FA and drafted his replacement.

It's just typical Elway mismanagement of personnel. He keeps making the same mistake over and over - letting guys hit FA and THEN having to negotiate at the top of the market. Then he decides that he's spending too much for their production, and lets productive players go in FA.

He did this with Malik Jackson, and Danny Trevathan, and now CJ Anderson.

With CJ they decided they needed to save money on the RB position, which they wouldn't be spending if they hadn't screwed this situation up in the first place.

WARHORSE
05-06-2018, 03:06 PM
Freeman will start imo. Only thing that could keep him off the field as a starter is not digesting the offense fast enough or lacking in pass pro.

topscribe
05-06-2018, 03:53 PM
They screwed up the CJ contract. First they let him become a restricted FA. Then they gave him a low round tender underestimating the market for him. Then Miami gave him a $4m a year deal. Then they said "whoa! If we don't match, we lose our starting RB." THen they matched. Then CJ ran for 1000 yards. Then they decided "he's earning too much money! We have to let him go!" Then they let him go back into FA and drafted his replacement.

It's just typical Elway mismanagement of personnel. He keeps making the same mistake over and over - letting guys hit FA and THEN having to negotiate at the top of the market. Then he decides that he's spending too much for their production, and lets productive players go in FA.

He did this with Malik Jackson, and Danny Trevathan, and now CJ Anderson.

With CJ they decided they needed to save money on the RB position, which they wouldn't be spending if they hadn't screwed this situation up in the first place.
Did you just have to post this? Now I'm getting angry . . .

dogfish
05-06-2018, 04:26 PM

they won't, but they should. . .

Nomad
05-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Well......with a good oline, Freeman should do fine.

Poet
05-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Freeman go vroom vroom.

Rick
05-08-2018, 02:32 PM
King's posts go poo-poo.

Poet
05-08-2018, 02:34 PM
King's posts go poo-poo.

Ka-Thunk!