PDA

View Full Version : What's your perfect Day 2 in the draft for the Broncos?

G_Money
04-27-2018, 09:46 AM
The Broncos currently have the following selections tonight:

Round 2, Pick 8 (No. 40 overall)
Round 3, Pick 7 (No. 71 overall)
Round 3, Pick 35 (No. 99 overall)

With the premise that they draft at those positions, what is your best-case scenario for Denver? What semi-reasonable set of players at those selections would have you giving Denver an A for tonight?

I threw out OG Will Hernandez, TE Mike Gesicki and RB Royce Freeman as a nice offensive trifecta in a different thread, but what holes do you want filled the most and who are you pulling for to wind up in Bronco Orange by end of business this evening?

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 09:49 AM

With the premise that they draft at those positions, what is your best-case scenario for Denver? What semi-reasonable set of players at those selections would have you giving Denver an A for tonight?

I threw out OG Will Hernandez, TE Mike Gesicki and RB Royce Freeman as a nice offensive trifecta in a different thread, but what holes do you want filled the most and who are you pulling for to wind up in Bronco Orange by end of business this evening?

Your scenario is pretty close to what I'd prefer, though I'd rather we try and land the other Chubb. Two Chubb's on one team!

Denver Double Chubbing it.

BroncoJoe
04-27-2018, 09:50 AM

I'll wait for your opinion, so I can copy it.

chazoe60
04-27-2018, 09:51 AM
2-Will Hernandez
3a-Kerryon Johnson
3b-Kyle Lauletta

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Your scenario is pretty close to what I'd prefer, though I'd rather we try and land the other Chubb. Two Chubb's on one team!

I agree, two Chubbs are better than just one. However, if the Broncos decide to go quarterback then I hope they draft Mason.

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 10:03 AM
I agree, two Chubbs are better than just one. However, if the Broncos decide to go quarterback then I hope they draft Mason.

Absolutely, I agree with you whole heartedly. I think that's who New England will grab though.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 10:08 AM
Absolutely, I agree with you whole heartedly. I think that's who New England will grab though.

Rudolph seems to fit the mold what Belichek likes in quarterback, we shall see.

G_Money
04-27-2018, 10:13 AM

I can't get behind double-Chubbing simply because we'll never be able to simply write "Chubb" again without confusion. I can't be getting carpal tunnel having to type out full names all the time just because you want a good player. C'mon...

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 10:17 AM
I can't get behind double-Chubbing simply because we'll never be able to simply write "Chubb" again without confusion. I can't be getting carpal tunnel having to type out full names all the time just because you want a good player. C'mon...

No need to write full names. N. Chubb and B. Chubb. Also we did have Thomas' on the offense not that long ago and we seemed to manage keeping it straight.

slim
04-27-2018, 10:20 AM

That sounds just about perfect. I had kinda forgotten about Freeman, but if we don't go double Chubb he is the guy.

tomjonesrocks
04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Seems like Hernandez will be gone based on the mocks I've seen. Don't want to get my hopes up.

In the 2nd Guice or Sutton would be interesting options to boost the offense. Joshua Jackson would be tempting but they need to come away with an offensive playmaker.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Seems like Hernandez will be gone based on the mocks I've seen. Don't want to get my hopes up.

In the 2nd Guice or Sutton would be interesting options to boost the offense. Joshua Jackson would be tempting but they need to come away with an offensive playmaker.

Based on mocks just yesterday Chubb was unlikely to be available at the 5th pick.

GEM
04-27-2018, 10:47 AM
Hernandez...that's all I want. :D

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Hernandez...that's all I want. :D

Hernandez and another Chubb. Then I don't care who Elway drafts the rest of the draft.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Hernandez and another Chubb. Then I don't care who Elway drafts the rest of the draft.

I don't think Denver can get both with out making a trade.

CoachChaz
04-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Hernandez or Daniels would be nice. If we have to wait a little for interior OL, I also like Braden Smith. Guice, Chubb, Johnson, Freeman...a lot of good RB's still available. Wouldn't be mad to see Kirk, Johnson or Miller at WR, either.

But Genard Avery is my sleeper. Would LOVE to be able to get that kid in here.

G_Money
04-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Hernandez or Daniels would be nice. If we have to wait a little for interior OL, I also like Braden Smith. Guice, Chubb, Johnson, Freeman...a lot of good RB's still available. Wouldn't be mad to see Kirk, Johnson or Miller at WR, either.

But Genard Avery is my sleeper. Would LOVE to be able to get that kid in here.

I have a mock somewhere taking Avery in the fourth. Guice I looove talent-wise, but if he lied about the questions he was asked at the Combine then that raises some red flags for me. Like you said, though, ton of really interesting backs out there in this draft.

Where are you at on Connor Williams vs Braden Smith (assuming Williams moves inside as a guard with some tackle versatility).

CoachChaz
04-27-2018, 11:30 AM
I have a mock somewhere taking Avery in the fourth. Guice I looove talent-wise, but if he lied about the questions he was asked at the Combine then that raises some red flags for me. Like you said, though, ton of really interesting backs out there in this draft.

Where are you at on Connor Williams vs Braden Smith (assuming Williams moves inside as a guard with some tackle versatility).

I like Connor. Great local kid with an amazing head on his shoulders. Getting him in the 2nd round would be really good value. I think he'd be great for the locker room. But, I could see the Colts nabbing him to play alongside Nelson. Keep building that OL for Luck.

underrated29
04-27-2018, 11:36 AM
I like connor better too.

My perfect would be:

Hernandez 2
Ron Jones 3
Anthony Miller/St brown 3b

(I would not mind Rudolph one bit anywhere in there)- Nor Nick Chubb or Geuce

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 11:49 AM
I don't think Denver can get both with out making a trade.

We've got the capital to make a trade if needed. I find trading to be acceptable.

dogfish
04-27-2018, 12:26 PM
the scenario you mentioned would be aces for me. . . we got an impact defender at five, i really just want them to do some work on rebuilding the offense today. . . get me an O-lineman and a pair of weapons. . . i might cry if we land hernandez and one of the TEs. . . wouldn't complain about a QB or a corner, if we get value. . . last night was a great start, now we have a chance to do some real work today. . . keep crushing it, john!

:defense:

underrated29
04-27-2018, 01:09 PM
the scenario you mentioned would be aces for me. . . we got an impact defender at five, i really just want them to do some work on rebuilding the offense today. . . get me an O-lineman and a pair of weapons. . . i might cry if we land hernandez and one of the TEs. . . wouldn't complain about a QB or a corner, if we get value. . . last night was a great start, now we have a chance to do some real work today. . . keep crushing it, john!

:defense:

I was thinking about it earlier. John is on fire right now imo. He is being aggressive but not overly but also real smart.

Sua, Veldheer, King, Brock, Case, the DT from Tampa....Now Chubb. Assuming we land OL (OG,C,OT) and a weapon (TE,RB,WR) we are off to a hell of an offseason.

Remember the slip that VJ had about taking a LB high. Is there a LB left available who is a baller? I did not look at the LBs too much in this draft so I do not know. Perhaps that is our target? Who knows the LBs??????

dogfish
04-27-2018, 01:23 PM
Remember the slip that VJ had about taking a LB high. Is there a LB left available who is a baller? I did not look at the LBs too much in this draft so I do not know. Perhaps that is our target? Who knows the LBs??????

i never bought that they wanted a LB high. . . with chubb on board, they should just give shaq barrett a shot at ILB. . . he has good instincts and is stout against the run, and might be a more effective pass rusher going against guards and backs, instead of tackles and tight ends. . .

Poet
04-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Just trade up for the guard. We have the picks to do so. At that point it's time to get a WR.

BroncoWave
04-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Sign me up for whatever is the opposite of what UR wants.

Poet
04-27-2018, 01:41 PM
Sign me up for whatever is the opposite of what UR wants.

He wants to breathe air, Wave.

Oh noooooooooooooo!

broncofaninfla
04-27-2018, 02:46 PM
I'm for any scenario that brings Will Hernandez to the Broncos but my dream scenario would be OG Hernandez, ILB Josey Sewell and OLB S. Griffen.

DenBronx
04-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Why in the hell are we picking 8 and not 5 again?

underrated29
04-27-2018, 03:18 PM
i never bought that they wanted a LB high. . . with chubb on board, they should just give shaq barrett a shot at ILB. . . he has good instincts and is stout against the run, and might be a more effective pass rusher going against guards and backs, instead of tackles and tight ends. . .

Heard Fred Werder is that his last name? The LB is one of the targets. The good news is that most of the guys we have mentioned are on our list of targets. We like Fred, Oliver, Lyletta, Ron Jones, Guece, and a wr or two that I did not know. Samw with TE

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Any combo of Hernandez, Corbett, Guice, Jones, Chubb, Kelly, Kirk, Clark, Washington, Goedert, Gesicki...I still really like Nwosu as well although we got Chubb.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Why in the hell are we picking 8 and not 5 again?

Teams with same records rotate each round.

WARHORSE
04-27-2018, 04:20 PM
I'd like Hernandez or Daniels, Goedert, and Ballage by end of the day. ;)