View Full Version : Bradley Chubb, Denver Bronco

Pages : [1] 2

Buff
04-26-2018, 08:05 PM
Great pick. Let's party!

GwAfwwzgEMU

Hawgdriver
04-26-2018, 08:07 PM
I love how the Broncos are doubling down on a defensive identity.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 08:11 PM
I'll allow it

Broncoknight30
04-26-2018, 08:27 PM
Lets take the time to ponder the unbelievable stupidity of the Browns.

Slick
04-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Not all that excited about the pick to be honest

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 08:32 PM

I understand Slick, but I think it's going to be alright.

Broncoknight30
04-26-2018, 08:33 PM

Always one like you. That is not a compliment.

slim
04-26-2018, 08:36 PM
Given the way the first four picks went, I think it had to be Chubb or Nelson.

Having an unstoppable pass rush is fun.

Poet
04-26-2018, 08:37 PM

Slick doesn't need compliments - he's already beloved.

Poet
04-26-2018, 08:37 PM

I am so relieved that we did not reach for the guard!

Magnificent Seven
04-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Hell Yeah! I am damn happy with our pick! The Orange Crush Rises!

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 08:44 PM

I agree.

Hawgdriver
04-26-2018, 08:45 PM
This pick makes so much sense...Von without Ware just wasn't the same.

Hawgdriver
04-26-2018, 08:46 PM
I'm genuinely excited for the 2018 season...minus Vance Joseph.

Tned
04-26-2018, 08:46 PM

As much as I think Nelson was the player the Broncos needed, having an unstoppable pass rush is fun, improves the secondary and takes pressure off the offense.

G_Money
04-26-2018, 08:51 PM
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/989667496981684225

slim
04-26-2018, 08:54 PM
I'm genuinely excited for the 2018 season...minus Vance Joseph.

Oh yeah, I forgot about our coach.

Tned
04-26-2018, 09:02 PM
So, is Chubb an OLB or DE, or an OLB that moves inside on certain downs?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 09:03 PM
I think he'll be our new Malik.

Poet
04-26-2018, 09:03 PM
So, is Chubb an OLB or DE, or an OLB that moves inside on certain downs?

He can do a little of all of that. I suspect he's going to spend more time at OLB.

Poet
04-26-2018, 09:04 PM

What about our second rounder from last year?

GEM
04-26-2018, 09:04 PM

Always one like you. Slick is a bad ass mofo!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 09:11 PM
What about our second rounder from last year?

I don't think he's as dynamic or diverse

Spiritguy
04-26-2018, 09:31 PM
Looks like Von approves. :lol:

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/989673414960074752

Tned
04-26-2018, 09:37 PM
Von: "I might have landed a shark, but the Broncos landed a whale."

underrated29
04-26-2018, 09:43 PM

Thats Demarcus Walker

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Thats Demarcus Walker

I still say he's not as good

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2018, 09:51 PM
ENGLEWOOD – Sam Darnold fell but not far enough.

Once the only quarterback the Broncos would have considered with their No. 5 overall draft pick went to the New York Jets at No. 3, Denver general manager John Elway wondered if he should trade back. He had some possibilities, in particular with Buffalo at No. 12 and Arizona at No. 15.

But wait. What’s that? The Cleveland Browns with the No. 4 pick did not take Bradley Chubb. They took cornerback Denzel Ward (whom the Broncos also loved).

Elway was surprised, pleasantly so, Chubb was still available.

“We were,’’ Elway said in an interview with 9NEWS a few minutes after calling off all trade scenarios and taking Chubb with the Broncos’ No. 5 selection. “We thought he would go a little bit earlier so we were a little bit surprised he was there. We didn’t think he would get by Cleveland but we were thrilled that he was there. He will add a lot to the defense. His style of play, he plays 120 percent all the time. He can really rush the passer, lot of tackles for loss and he loves the game of football so he’s going to be a great addition to us.’’

rest - http://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-get-best-pass-rusher-in-draft-in-bradley-chubb/73-546345880

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2018, 10:34 PM
I am so excited about our defense!

NightTerror218
04-26-2018, 10:38 PM
Vj says chubb will be OLB... Dude is 270lb seriously. Vj already wasted a year of development on walker changing his position. I hate vj

topscribe
04-26-2018, 10:39 PM
Vj says chubb will be OLB... Dude is 270lb seriously. Vj already wasted a year of development on walker changing his position. I hate vj
Chubb is a very fast, quick 270. I certainly wouldn't hold his weight against him for OLB.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 10:40 PM

Clowney is 280 lbs and is and OLB. Also I've seen a couple of clips of Chubb playing in space, he just might transition very well outside linebacker.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 10:41 PM
What do we think of the Louisville OT?

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Clowney is 280 lbs and is and OLB. Also I've seen a couple of clips of Chubb playing in space, he just might transition very well outside linebacker.

He can do anything, man.

Tned
04-26-2018, 10:43 PM
Chubb is a very fast, quick 270. I certainly wouldn't hold his weight against him for OLB.

What was Ware? 280?

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:45 PM
What was Ware? 280?

I think he was in the high 250's?

Tned
04-26-2018, 10:47 PM
I think he was in the high 250's?

Yep, just looked. You're right. Not sure why I thought he was heavier.

topscribe
04-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Or he might go in to DE. Denver has two OLBs right now, and Shane is finally healthy for
the first time in ages. Imagine Von, Shane, Wolfe, and Chubb coming in from all angles.
And throw in Shaq once in a while. Oh, and McDonald isn't all that shabby up the middle . . .

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:52 PM
Yep, just looked. You're right. Not sure why I thought he was heavier.

Because it felt like he was a massive yet fast and fluid player. Ware is one of my favorite players ever. The shit he overcame in life. I wish I had been a Denver fan when he was here. All class. All heart. A god damned man.

NightTerror218
04-26-2018, 10:53 PM

Clowney is DE also with watt. 280 and 290lb

Chillez
04-26-2018, 10:54 PM
Love this ******* pick I’m on cloud nine. Elway hit home run here this is my favorite draft pick since Von Miller. Denver has elite pass rush now with ton of options to throw on offense.

Jsteve01
04-26-2018, 10:55 PM
He isn't a d end in this defense now let's hope Woods takes a page from Wade Phillips and uses some schematic flexibility to get this guy in his best position to succeed. But having Walker back as a pass-rusher will be huge. Playing in his natural position on the defensive line. And I'm sorry ass ass and I know you've been a Jackson fan since Tennessee and he was one of your sleepers in that draft but I think Walker at this point if you compare him to Jackson coming out of college was a much more polished pass-rusher coming out of college he was just completely miscast last year

Poet
04-26-2018, 11:00 PM
He isn't a d end in this defense now let's hope Woods takes a page from Wade Phillips and uses some schematic flexibility to get this guy in his best position to succeed. But having Walker back as a pass-rusher will be huge. Playing in his natural position on the defensive line. And I'm sorry ass ass and I know you've been a Jackson fan since Tennessee and he was one of your sleepers in that draft but I think Walker at this point if you compare him to Jackson coming out of college was a much more polished pass-rusher coming out of college he was just completely miscast last year

Phillips put Donald all over the line. The true 3-4 is dead. You can move people all around and execute all kinds of plays. This is going to be splendid.

NightTerror218
04-26-2018, 11:01 PM

Why I am not a fan of the chubb pick. He is a perfect 4-3 DE but will be pushed to OLB. Not a man of doing position change to players because of the best player o hoard if they don't fit a scheme.

I sure as hell hope he kills it but I rather him be a DE to get a little interior pressure rather then rotating in with Ray Von and Barrett.

I don't trust vj or woods to put best player in position to succeed like wade did. More like a square peg in a round hole type of coach

underrated29
04-26-2018, 11:18 PM

Hes really good. When he gets to play his normal position. You will see this year. He is sick sick nasty!

Hes 12 lbs heavier than Dware. Thats like 2 helmets. Twelve pounds. NO big deal.

YOu know that Chubb runs faster than Jarvis Landry, Jumps higher than AJ Green and is stronger than (they had a name but I forgot) some DT. He is a special player. He should be an OLB. We line up in so many odd fronts and everything else. Our pass rush sucked last year. He changes that. This is what I hoped for all along from my first mock. This is the best pick we could have made.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2018, 11:26 PM
What do we think of the Louisville OT?

"We" think Geron Christian is a third-rounder who has a future at LT if properly developed. He would be a good choice to groom this year behind Bolles and the guy we got from AZ then let Christian and Mormon battle it out for LT and RT in 2019. Christian has size, speed and quick feet, did well protecting Jackson but doesn't draw attention to himself and needs work in run blocking.

Jsteve01
04-26-2018, 11:33 PM

Hes really good. When he gets to play his normal position. You will see this year. He is sick sick nasty!

Hes 12 lbs heavier than Dware. Thats like 2 helmets. Twelve pounds. NO big deal.

YOu know that Chubb runs faster than Jarvis Landry, Jumps higher than AJ Green and is stronger than (they had a name but I forgot) some DT. He is a special player. He should be an OLB. We line up in so many odd fronts and everything else. Our pass rush sucked last year. He changes that. This is what I hoped for all along from my first mock. This is the best pick we could have made. if the bosa comparison is accurate (which i think it is) we would have the best pass rushing tandem in the west if not the league at olb

aberdien
04-27-2018, 12:19 AM

Canmore
04-27-2018, 12:37 AM
Why I am not a fan of the chubb pick. He is a perfect 4-3 DE but will be pushed to OLB. Not a man of doing position change to players because of the best player o hoard if they don't fit a scheme.

I sure as hell hope he kills it but I rather him be a DE to get a little interior pressure rather then rotating in with Ray Von and Barrett.

I don't trust vj or woods to put best player in position to succeed like wade did. More like a square peg in a round hole type of coach

Can VJ identify either one?

Elevation inc
04-27-2018, 01:38 AM
This is a great pick. I cant believe Cleveland passed on Chubb, Jackson has to be fuming although They did need some CB help. I was so confident we were trading with Buffalo, once Darnold and Mayfield were gone. Great pick from Elway. No complaints from me.

elsid13
04-27-2018, 04:39 AM
Chubb played in space a lot in NCST, he is not a DE in this defense base packages but a OLB. When Denver moves to nickle/Dime he has the flexibility to put his hand in the dirt but I expect we will see a lot NASCAR packages with Ray/Chubb/Von/Shaq standing up and Wolfe/Walker with hands in the ground.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2018, 06:21 AM
Chubb played in space a lot in NCST, he is not a DE in this defense base packages but a OLB. When Denver moves to nickle/Dime he has the flexibility to put his hand in the dirt but I expect we will see a lot NASCAR packages with Ray/Chubb/Von/Shaq standing up and Wolfe/Walker with hands in the ground.

Exactly. Chubb came to NC State as a 240lbs LB and they had him bulk up to play end. He’s 269 right now. He could easily slim down if we needed him to, but why? Dude runs 4.65 and is a freakish athlete at 269. He can easily stand up or put his hand in the dirt. Dude is a badass mofo. ... and a towel thief.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 06:49 AM
Or he might go in to DE. Denver has two OLBs right now, and Shane is finally healthy for
the first time in ages. Imagine Von, Shane, Wolfe, and Chubb coming in from all angles.
And throw in Shaq once in a while. Oh, and McDonald isn't all that shabby up the middle . . .

Yes, however someone mentioned that Johnson said Chubb would play OLB.

VonDoom
04-27-2018, 07:19 AM
VonChubby, let’s do this

VonDoom
04-27-2018, 07:23 AM
I remember seeing this on the Ringer a while back, comparing Chubb to Miles Garrett:

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2018/3/29/17174748/bradley-chubb-myles-garrett-comparison

Tned
04-27-2018, 07:36 AM

Last night, Joseph said he would be an OLB, but on passing downs slide inside. Elway pointed out the fact that 55% of plays are in nickel now, so the base formation isn't used that much these days.

Broncoknight30
04-27-2018, 07:37 AM
First I cannot believe the Giants would waste a pick on a RBwhen they needed pass rush a lot more. Thought it was obvious, based on the Giants off-season moves that they were targeting Chubb

Second, the Browns passed on him. Other than QB, a dynamic edge rusher is the most highly sought commodity in the NFL.

Cannot believe he fell to Elway. Reportedly Elway was in the process of trading with the Bills and they had an agreement, and then when Chubb became available, Elway pulled out of thst tentative agreement quickly. That, I believe was according to Schefter.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 08:12 AM
First I cannot believe the Giants would waste a pick on a RBwhen they needed pass rush a lot more. Thought it was obvious, based on the Giants off-season moves that they were targeting Chubb

Second, the Browns passed on him. Other than QB, a dynamic edge rusher is the most highly sought commodity in the NFL.

Cannot believe he fell to Elway. Reportedly Elway was in the process of trading with the Bills and they had an agreement, and then when Chubb became available, Elway pulled out of thst tentative agreement quickly. That, I believe was according to Schefter.

A lot of people were surprised that Chubb was available. I'm glad Elway pulled out of the agreement once he got over the shock of Chubb being available. I don't think Cleveland made a pick in taking Ward but imo you take the best pass rusher first. Corners are a close second but take the pass rusher first.

Rick
04-27-2018, 08:19 AM
I think he could be a great pick but I would feel more confident with a DC that has a proven track record of scheming to his players strengths.

Here is to hoping that Woods figures this out...

VonDoom
04-27-2018, 08:20 AM

Giants had been focused on Barkley for a while, so much so that I thought it was a bluff. Browns passing on Chubb was shocking though

CoachChaz
04-27-2018, 08:22 AM
In Cleveland's defense, they already have Garrett and a solid option on the other side in Emanuel Ogbah. But, they have nothing in the secondary after Peppers. When you are 1-31 over two years, you have to fill all the holes as best you can and not focus on one area. I think Ward was a smart pick for them and helps balance out a young defense.

Jaws
04-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Von: "I might have landed a shark, but the Broncos landed a whale."

As a Shark from Whales this quote has a nice ring.

G_Money
04-27-2018, 09:08 AM
This thread feels subdued somehow. Bradley Chubb is a complete monster, future attender of multiple pro bowls, upside of Suggs or D-Ware. Denver just added a 100-career sack guy, to go with their OTHER 100 sack guy. It means either Shaq or Shane Ray is gone, but that was probably true anyhow since they're both at the bigger-contract stage of their careers. I want OL help (and a TE, and some other stuff) but there are a lot of picks left.

Hell, Denver can still get the OG they want in Hernandez (though they might have to trade up slightly to do it). They added a talented safety already via trade to help patch some holes in the No Fly Zone too, but getting more of a pass rush helps every secondary. No body seems really unhappy about Chubb, but I figured more people would be bouncing off the walls. Maybe the drinking had already started last night. I have concerns about Denver using Chubb correctly in year 1 instead of trying to smash him into a pre-existing scheme, but I have multiple concerns about this coaching staff. The issue isn't with the player - Chubb is a really, really good player, and a better all-around player than Von was coming out of college IMO, while also being a QB crusher.

Last night was a good night. Get excited today Denver! Every early pick Elway spends on a good player instead of wasting it on a random jock in a jersey is a good one - and Chubb is a VERY good player.

Slick
04-27-2018, 09:28 AM
If Denver had an offense capable of getting leads and truly letting a couple of stud pass rushers go to work, I'd be a little more excited about the pick.

G_Money
04-27-2018, 09:40 AM
If Denver had an offense capable of getting leads and truly letting a couple of stud pass rushers go to work, I'd be a little more excited about the pick.

If they don't spend today on the OL and offensive weapons / mismatches I'll be pretty annoyed.

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 09:43 AM
Hell Yeah! I am damn happy with our pick! The Orange Crush Rises!

Now we just need Pepsi to buy stadium naming rights so we can be Orange Crush Field at Mile High.

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 09:45 AM

We've got at least the offense that we had in 2015. You've gotta remember, when we are getting a lot of pressure from pass rush, turnovers and points off turnovers are far more frequent.

Everyone wants to piss and moan about CK, but if he can play like his 2017 self or like 2017 Alex Smith, we are in a better position offensively than we've been since Manning and our defense just took a large step back to it's 2015 identity. CK isn't going to light the world on fire, but with our defense, he won't need to.

GEM
04-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Ye18lVlomr4

In his downtime, he's an emmy winning actor! :D

G_Money
04-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Ye18lVlomr4

In his downtime, he's an emmy wining actor! :D

LOL Chubb is funny. He also has a non-stop motor - even his flopping just keeps going and going.

Buff
04-27-2018, 10:22 AM

Who would you have rather seen? Rosen or Nelson? Both would have been fine picks, but I like Chubb more for a few reasons:

1.) We had a chance to get the best positional player as opposed to the 3rd or 4th QB in the draft. An immediate impact player as opposed to someone who needs to sit and learn. As others have noted - he might have gone #1 overall in last year's draft.
2.) An elite edge rusher can affect outcomes more than an elite guard. From a roster construction standpoint - he has a higher ceiling and is playing at a more coveted position.
3.) I think Chubb is a perfect complement to all of our defensive talent and our existing identity. He makes Miller, Harris and Roby more effective.

slim
04-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Plus, now we have Chubb and Butt on the same team.

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Plus, now we have Chubb and Butt on the same team.

And if we get Nick Chubb, we'll have a Butt and double Chubbs.

Slick
04-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Who would you have rather seen? Rosen or Nelson? Both would have been fine picks, but I like Chubb more for a few reasons:

1.) We had a chance to get the best positional player as opposed to the 3rd or 4th QB in the draft. An immediate impact player as opposed to someone who needs to sit and learn. As others have noted - he might have gone #1 overall in last year's draft.
2.) An elite edge rusher can affect outcomes more than an elite guard. From a roster construction standpoint - he has a higher ceiling and is playing at a more coveted position.
3.) I think Chubb is a perfect complement to all of our defensive talent and our existing identity. He makes Miller, Harris and Roby more effective.

I would have sprinted up to the podium to select Rosen. I'm in the Kinger/Jaded camp in regards to Case Keenum.

All of your logic is sound and I don't hate the pick. You won't hear me bitching about it.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 10:41 AM
I would have sprinted up to the podium to select Rosen. I'm in the Kinger/Jaded camp in regards to Case Keenum.

All of your logic is sound and I don't hate the pick. You won't hear me bitching about it.

I would be leery of guy who have being selected says "there were nine mistakes taken before me." That doesn't show much class.

BroncoJoe
04-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the Broncos, Bradley!

:salute:

Nomad
04-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the Broncos, Bradley!

:salute:

This is the best statement, so far. Now....make that oline great again, John.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 11:04 AM
This is the best statement, so far. Now....make that oline great again, John.

What if Elway thinks McGovern is the answer? Last night he had the opportunity to select Nelson and passed.

CoachChaz
04-27-2018, 11:05 AM
If they don't spend today on the OL and offensive weapons / mismatches I'll be pretty annoyed.

I like the comment Mayock made last night. Right now Keenum is a better QB than Manning was the year we won the Super Bowl. We won with a stout pass rush and amazing secondary. So, if we can ensure we have a top 5 defense and improve the OL a little bit, I think we are contenders again. It's going to be nice having pass rushers that are capable and fresh on every down.

A good defense is an eraser. It can clean up mistakes the offense makes and give them another opportunity.

Nomad
04-27-2018, 11:09 AM
What if Elway thinks McGovern is the answer? Last night he had the opportunity to select Nelson and passed.

I'm good with the Chubb pick....who really thought he'd be there at 5? I would of really been disappointed if Elway reached for Rosen over Nelson. Brisett is a very thankful guy today.

G_Money
04-27-2018, 11:10 AM
I like the comment Mayock made last night. Right now Keenum is a better QB than Manning was the year we won the Super Bowl. We won with a stout pass rush and amazing secondary. So, if we can ensure we have a top 5 defense and improve the OL a little bit, I think we are contenders again. It's going to be nice having pass rushers that are capable and fresh on every down.

A good defense is an eraser. It can clean up mistakes the offense makes and give them another opportunity.

Yeah, but Denver didn't have a good defense that year - they had a historically great defense. I'd like a little more margin for error with our defense, so it merely has to be tremendously good for us to have a chance the next 2-3 years. Give me an offense that can score a bit more, please, so the defense doesn't have to do that too. If there are defensive weapons still around that are just too great to pass up, I get it, but no more second round project DL right now if there are impact guys for the other side of the ball available.

CoachChaz
04-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Yeah, but Denver didn't have a good defense that year - they had a historically great defense. I'd like a little more margin for error with our defense, so it merely has to be tremendously good for us to have a chance the next 2-3 years. Give me an offense that can score a bit more, please, so the defense doesn't have to do that too. If there are defensive weapons still around that are just too great to pass up, I get it, but no more second round project DL right now if there are impact guys for the other side of the ball available.

Ok...but our offense should be better than it was that year, also allowing the defense a little leeway.

GEM
04-27-2018, 11:14 AM
I would be leery of guy who have being selected says "there were nine mistakes taken before me." That doesn't show much class.

Yea, I yelled at the tv that he won't be saying that when Chubbs is rubbing his face in the turf. :D

G_Money
04-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Ok...but our offense should be better than it was that year, also allowing the defense a little leeway.

My god, man... if the offense is NOT better, Denver's gonna need to ritually sacrifice the coaching staff under a full moon.

BroncoWave
04-27-2018, 11:29 AM

Seriously? I'd way rather a player have a chip on his shoulder and want to stick it to all the teams that passed on him. That's exactly the attitude I want in a player. I don't want a classy pushover. I want them to want to go out and punish people.

CoachChaz
04-27-2018, 11:34 AM
My god, man... if the offense is NOT better, Denver's gonna need to ritually sacrifice the coaching staff under a full moon.

Well...I have faith that Case can throw the ball past 10 yards with a little zip and can avoid the rush when a breakdown occurs. That alone is an improvement. Add the improvements to the OL and I think we're looking good. Another RB, WR and TE is gravy.

Poet
04-27-2018, 11:34 AM
This thread feels subdued somehow. Bradley Chubb is a complete monster, future attender of multiple pro bowls, upside of Suggs or D-Ware. Denver just added a 100-career sack guy, to go with their OTHER 100 sack guy. It means either Shaq or Shane Ray is gone, but that was probably true anyhow since they're both at the bigger-contract stage of their careers. I want OL help (and a TE, and some other stuff) but there are a lot of picks left.

Hell, Denver can still get the OG they want in Hernandez (though they might have to trade up slightly to do it). They added a talented safety already via trade to help patch some holes in the No Fly Zone too, but getting more of a pass rush helps every secondary. No body seems really unhappy about Chubb, but I figured more people would be bouncing off the walls. Maybe the drinking had already started last night. I have concerns about Denver using Chubb correctly in year 1 instead of trying to smash him into a pre-existing scheme, but I have multiple concerns about this coaching staff. The issue isn't with the player - Chubb is a really, really good player, and a better all-around player than Von was coming out of college IMO, while also being a QB crusher.

Last night was a good night. Get excited today Denver! Every early pick Elway spends on a good player instead of wasting it on a random jock in a jersey is a good one - and Chubb is a VERY good player.

Everyone knows how badly I wanted Rosen. I wanted Chubb even more and went nuts.

DenBronx
04-27-2018, 11:36 AM
Wait...you're still going on about Rosen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 11:39 AM
I'm good with the Chubb pick....who really thought he'd be there at 5? I would of really been disappointed if Elway reached for Rosen over Nelson. Brisett is a very thankful guy today.

True, but Elway was working on getting out of the 5th pick with Nelson still on the board when he found out that Cleveland had passed on Chubb. If Hernandez is available and Elway passes on for someone Rudolph, Nick Chubb, etc then he might be thinking the answer to the interior offensive line problem is already on the roster.

Poet
04-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Wait...you're still going on about Rosen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

It was in response to how much joy we should have for getting Chubb. Read the post and what the post responds to you savagery filled heathen.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Seriously? I'd way rather a player have a chip on his shoulder and want to stick it to all the teams that passed on him. That's exactly the attitude I want in a player. I don't want a classy pushover. I want them to want to go out and punish people.

Yes seriously. Calling out the guys that went ahead of him was classless. It has been rumored Rosen is difficult to coach, what he last night supports that rumor.

underrated29
04-27-2018, 11:47 AM
Yes seriously. Calling out the guys that went ahead of him was classless. It has been rumored Rosen is difficult to coach, what he last night supports that rumor.

CJ Anderson did that. He said the same thing for all of the teams.
A ton of players have done that.
Did Lamar Jackson not basically say the same thing.

You hatred for rosen is strong. He is going to be a great great QB.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Well...I have faith that Case can throw the ball past 10 yards with a little zip and can avoid the rush when a breakdown occurs. That alone is an improvement. Add the improvements to the OL and I think we're looking good. Another RB, WR and TE is gravy.

Manning was awful that year. He was so bad he got benched for......Brent!

Cugel
04-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Phillips put Donald all over the line. The true 3-4 is dead. You can move people all around and execute all kinds of plays. This is going to be splendid.

This.

Right now the Broncos defense is in 4-3 specialty packages on 60+% of the plays anyway. "Von Miller is lining up as a DE on 60+% of the plays right now." -- Mark Schlereth.

Chubb at the combine was 269. So was Joey Bosa. Same type of generational player. Best defensive player in the draft.

Simple question: "Could the Broncos use a Joey Bosa on their defense?" :coffee:

Back when the Giants drafted Justin Tuck people questioned the need. "The Giants already have Michael Strahan, why do they need Tuck?"

Ask Tom Brady how much fun he had in two super-bowls dealing with that NASCAR package of Tuck looping inside and Michael Strahan outside. I'd say it worked out pretty well for the Giants.

Right now the Broncos have the makings of an elite defense again which they haven't had since the retirement of DeMarcus Ware.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Yea, I yelled at the tv that he won't be saying that when Chubbs is rubbing his face in the turf. :D

I hope Chubb reminds Rosen every time play the Cardinals. :nod:

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 12:01 PM
CJ Anderson did that. He said the same thing for all of the teams.
A ton of players have done that.
Did Lamar Jackson not basically say the same thing.

You hatred for rosen is strong. He is going to be a great great QB.

You're ignorance is kick you in teeth. I do not hate Rosen I just don't think what he was very classy of him. He hasn't played a down of pro ball yet he's going to be a great, great quarterback? Ok, and should he fail you'll be one of the first to say "See I told you he would be terrible."

wayninja
04-27-2018, 12:01 PM
Great Pick!

I think we "need" Nelson a bit more and was hoping we'd nab him.... but at the same time, I didn't really expect Chubb to be available, so I'm happy about it.

I just hope we don't hear the same ol' "Well, our offensive line sucks, what do you expect the offense to do?" shit next season.

I am happy that after paying KC Kasem, we didn't go reach for a QB. Win now, baby.

Nomad
04-27-2018, 12:04 PM
Great Pick!

I think we "need" Nelson a bit more and was hoping we'd nab him.... but at the same time, I didn't really expect Chubb to be available, so I'm happy about it.

I just hope we don't hear the same ol' "Well, our offensive line sucks, what do you expect the offense to do?" shit next season.

I am happy that after paying KC Kasem, we didn't go reach for a QB. Win now, baby.

My thoughts exactly.

slim
04-27-2018, 12:04 PM

Rosen is Cutler

Buff
04-27-2018, 12:06 PM
Rosen is Cutler

Either that or Aaron Rodgers.

Freyaka
Rosen is Cutler

Minus the cigarettes and diabetes.

MOtorboat

Don't you adore Baker Mayfield?

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 12:07 PM
Great Pick!

I don't think Elway expected him to be there either. He had a trade worked out with the Bills and had to Josh McDaniels it and backout at the last second.

wayninja
04-27-2018, 12:09 PM
I don't think Elway expected him to be there either. He had a trade worked out with the Bills and had to Josh McDaniels it and backout at the last second.

I get the sentiment, but the douchebaggery is no where near relatable.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Don't you adore Baker Mayfield?

No. I do however support the players we take and always have. You're not doing a very good of keep up with what's being said.

MOtorboat
04-27-2018, 12:11 PM

Who did McDaniels do that for? The draft he ran he was trading all over the damn place.

slim
04-27-2018, 12:11 PM
Either that or Aaron Rodgers.

No.

MOtorboat
04-27-2018, 12:12 PM
No. You're not doing a very good job of keep up with what's going on.

Lol. Ok.

wayninja
Who did McDaniels do that for? The draft he ran he was trading all over the damn place.

I think he's referring to the colts coaching fiasco.

Freyaka
I get the sentiment, but the douchebaggery is no where near relatable.

Meh, any time anyone backs out on a deal, I'm referring to it as pulling a McDaniels. It seems only fair that the very act of going back on your word be forever associated with McDaniels

MOtorboat
04-27-2018, 12:14 PM
I think he's referring to the colts coaching fiasco.

Oh...well, I wouldn't want to work with Irsay either...

I thought what Elway did here was the right move. Get a trade in place, but the guy you like is there so nix the trade. Personally, I wouldn't have traded the pick in any way since by pick 3, Chubb and Rosen were there.

wayninja
04-27-2018, 12:14 PM
Meh, any time anyone backs out on a deal, I'm referring to it as pulling a McDaniels. It seems only fair that the very act of going back on your word be forever associated with McDaniels

Yeah, but I highly doubt that elway "went back on his word", until the pick is traded, there's no deal, it's all talk. Situations change minute to minute in the draft.

McDaniels has a proven track record of abject dickbagginess.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Lol. Ok.

Yeah I know.

aberdien
04-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Rosen will be the best QB of this draft followed by Lamar Jackson.

Haters gonna gate.

GEM
04-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Phillip Rivers filed his retirement paperwork immediately following the 5th pick in the draft yesterday evening. When media caught up with him he was huddled in small ball, sucking his thumb and mumbling something that sounded like...no murder me, no von, no chubbs, no.

:D

wayninja
04-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Oh...well, I wouldn't want to work with Irsay either...

Well, then accepting the job in the first place might have been... inadvisable?

I thought what Elway did here was the right move. Get a trade in place, but the guy you like is there so nix the trade. Personally, I wouldn't have traded the pick in any way since by pick 3, Chubb and Rosen were there.

Yeah. Smart.

But Nelson was also there... and if you aren't looking at a QB, then I have no idea why Nelson wouldn't have been picked... I would have been irritated to see Elway trade back and lose Nelson... especially if you know your oline sucks balls.

But I guess it all depends on what was being offered.

Nomad
04-27-2018, 12:22 PM
Rosen will be the best QB of this draft followed by Lamar Jackson.

Haters gonna gate.

What is gate?

aberdien
04-27-2018, 12:22 PM
What is gate?

It's a hate filled gay person. Aka slim.

Cugel
04-27-2018, 12:24 PM
"Broncos country, you should be rejoicing this morning with Bradley Chubb as your first round pick. They got a generational talent. We will watch the careers of Josh Allen and Josh Rosen to see how they compare, but the team clearly feels they are in a window to compete now. And Chubb wasn't supposed to be there, and they grab him because the Browns are really, really stupid. A poorly run franchise. Someone really needs to help out the Browns because they are beyond pathetic in the way they are drafting now with those first round picks.

No QB was rated higher than Bradley Chubb, none of them, not even Josh Rosen, I know about the attitude problems, but he was my #1 Qb on the board. No QB was worth taking at #5. None of them. So, they get a generational talent and one who will be ready to step in and make an immediate impact.

And I think once we see Chubb out there terrorizing QBs some people will come around [to this point of view]." - Cecil Lammey.

I agree with all of this. All along I wanted either Nelson or Chubb. The Broncos need to strengthen both the OL and DL and they got the consensus best defensive player in the entire NFL draft.

And there was serious speculation the Browns wanted to take him #1 overall, but were stymied in doing so because of the Jets move up to #3 where they were poised to take Baker Mayfield.

Then when they are on the Board at #4, the Broncos are all set to move back. THey had a deal lined up with Buffalo to move back to allow the Bills to move up to #5 and grab Josh Allen. Only Cleveland's pick of Denzel Ward, the best CB on the board, but a little guy, left Chubb available for the Broncos. And Elway immediately cancelled the deal and grabbed Chubb.

I don't even know how that actually happened. Chubb and Barkley were both supposed to be off the board at #5, and there he was.

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 12:25 PM

I'm talking about "yes, I'll be the colts coach" WHOOOOPS Just kidding, I'm staying in New England.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Abe be rollin’.

Nomad
04-27-2018, 12:27 PM
It's a hate filled gay person. Aka slim.

And I thought slim was a good family man.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2018, 12:27 PM
I ****ng love that he steals opposing players’ towels. That shit is hilarious!

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 12:28 PM
Phillip Rivers filed his retirement paperwork immediately following the 5th pick in the draft yesterday evening. When media caught up with him he was huddled in small ball, sucking his thumb and mumbling something that sounded like...no murder me, no von, no chubbs, no.

When asked what Rivers thought about round one of the draft this year, River's response

https://i1.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/phillip-rivers-worst-day-ever.gif?ssl=1

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 12:29 PM
I'm talking about "yes, I'll be the colts coach" WHOOOOPS Just kidding, I'm staying in New England.

Poor MO he's never been able recognize the mistakes that McDork made the past nor ones he makes now.

aberdien
04-27-2018, 12:30 PM
Abe be rollin’.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6nV21PvRtE0A9tS0/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1R9Z8RQDMKyE4zV6/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6nUPMBrvKX8UcBTW/giphy.gif

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 12:32 PM

Man having him and Von on one team, it's gonna be hilariously fun.

Krugan
04-27-2018, 12:32 PM
After some reflection i am seeing the light with this pick, great pick if he lives up to his potential.

Honestly I was hoping for ilb help here with smith, but the more i watch of Chubb the more i see why he was a great pick at 5.

MOtorboat
04-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Poor MO he's never been able recognize the mistakes that McDork made the past nor ones he makes now.

Lol. Yeah, that’s it. I’m about the only rational one on the subject. He made a shit ton of mistakes and is an arrogant punk and he got fired just 20-some games into his head coaching career for it. But I don’t see red at the sight of his name and start foaming at the mouth saying everything he did was bad as a blanket statement.

Timmy!
04-27-2018, 12:34 PM
I wanted Nelson, that said I figured Chubb was gone top 3. This is a great pick if our coaches can summon even a remote ability to actually be professional coaches. Now gimme Hernadez and some weapons plz.

Cugel
04-27-2018, 12:35 PM
But Nelson was also there... and if you aren't looking at a QB, then I have no idea why Nelson wouldn't have been picked... I would have been irritated to see Elway trade back and lose Nelson... especially if you know your oline sucks balls.

But I guess it all depends on what was being offered.

Because they can get a G in the second round who is good. Because they have developed Connor McGovern to the point where he is now an adequate starting RG, while they have a pro-bowl LG in Leary.

They could use depth and talent at the OT position, but this was a weak tackle class (again), so there was no elite T prospect worthy of a top 5 pick, and none were taken until #9 when the 49ers grabbed Nelson's teammate McGlinchy.

But none of them were the type of player who would dramatically strengthen the OL other than Nelson and they didn't feel the team really needed a G remotely as much as an elite pass-rusher.

I'm sure Nelson will become an All-Pro, but DE/OLB is much more valuable than G.

Rick
04-27-2018, 12:36 PM

The latest interviews I have seen from him have me thinking this guy is a real *******.

Broncoknight30
04-27-2018, 12:38 PM
A few things. This team DID improve at QB, so that should improve the offense...at least a little.

While, the Broncos defense was great in 2015. Their playoff run was certainly legendary. However, as far as PPG for the season, while it led the NFL was not legendary.

They did not even break the franchise record for sacks, even though they led the NFL in sacks.

The point is it is not as though the defense could not reach elite status again. It could and to wave the white flag and insinuate that it is pointless to hope for that is a bit absurd.

The bottom line is the MAJOR DISCREPANCY between the 2015 team and the 2017 team was defensive. The offenses were actually similar.

The 2015 offense ranked 16th and the 2017 offense ranked 17th in yards.

However, the 2015 defense was first in sacks, QB pressures and turnovers. The 2017 defense was ranked at the bottom of all of those categories. Some of that was due to coaching and some of that was due to personnell. Getting a dynamic pass rusher opposite MILLER is imperative if the Broncos want to improve significantly in those crucial areas.

Some QB project was NOT an answer. Neither was paying all og that money to a Kirk Cousins.

aberdien
And I thought slim was a good family man.

He lives in Arizona, home of Josh Rosen's Arizona Cardinals. They have no class there!

GEM
When asked what Rivers thought about round one of the draft this year, River's response

https://i1.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/phillip-rivers-worst-day-ever.gif?ssl=1

This is the worst day ever! Yes it is!! :heh:

GEM
04-27-2018, 12:40 PM

The middle one is hilarious!! :D

GEM
04-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Lol. Yeah, that’s it. I’m about the only rational one on the subject. He made a shit ton of mistakes and is an arrogant punk and he got fired just 20-some games into his head coaching career for it. But I don’t see red at the sight of his name and start foaming at the mouth saying everything he did was bad as a blanket statement.

I do! I see his face on tv and still flip that little ******* shitwad off. I hope a bird shits on his head every Sunday!

:D I don't feel bad about it at all!

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 12:42 PM

You rational about McDaniels? No.

I don't see red when I see name nor do I foam at mouth. But yes make blanket statements in his defense. In fact you just did.

Nomad
04-27-2018, 12:43 PM
The No Fun League would probably give him an unsportsmanlike for the middle one

Rick
04-27-2018, 12:43 PM
McD got us DT, Decker and Von.

Other than that...

GEM
04-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Hey Mo and TX, hug it out bro.
That or take this dumb Mc****face shit somewhere else.

This is the CHUBB thread...it's all good vibes here!

topscribe
04-27-2018, 12:45 PM

Other than that...
I view Rosen as a locker room risk. That's where Ryan Leaf's problems started . . .

Rick
04-27-2018, 12:46 PM
Ya Rosen just seems like a real dick.

I didn't real think on it before but his post draft interviews...this guy is a sore loser, arrogant dick.

aberdien
04-27-2018, 12:46 PM

topscribe
04-27-2018, 12:47 PM

Other than that...
Von was Elway's pick . . . but you're right in that you likely mean the destruction of the team by McFail . . .

Rick
04-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Von was Elway's pick . . . but you're right in that you likely mean the destruction of the team by McFail . . .

Yep, Elway picked him but if not for the crappy coaching we wouldn't have got him. Seems familiar...

MOtorboat
04-27-2018, 12:50 PM
I do! I see his face on tv and still flip that little ******* shitwad off. I hope a bird shits on his head every Sunday!

:D I don't feel bad about it at all!

I love people who admit it. It’s ok. Fan is short for fanatic.

Timmy!
04-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Ok, asking the real questions here, in what order do we want these guys standing? I think the best is:

Kuntz Chubb Butt

Putting the Chubb between the Butt and Kuntz.

topscribe
04-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Yep, Elway picked him but if not for the crappy coaching we wouldn't have got him. Seems familiar...
Well, McD chased all the offensive talent out the door, then proceeded to destroy the morale
on the team. Never thought I would ever say this, but I'm grateful to him for that . . .

topscribe
04-27-2018, 12:56 PM
Ok, asking the real questions here, in what order do we want these guys standing? I think the best is:

Kuntz Chubb Butt

Putting the Chubb between the Butt and Kuntz.
Be sure to close the door when you leave . . . :tsk:

aberdien
04-27-2018, 12:57 PM

Timmy!
04-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Be sure to close the door when you leave . . . :tsk:

This is important top. We need to make a good impression.

topscribe
04-27-2018, 01:07 PM
This is important top. We need to make a good impression.
I understand. There's a madness to your method . . .

GEM
04-27-2018, 01:10 PM
I love people who admit it. It’s ok. Fan is short for fanatic.

My usual line is....do your job! Fire a guy for screwing your wife!

BroncoWave
04-27-2018, 01:11 PM

Players say that all the damn time though. It's not disrespecting the players that got picked ahead of you, it's just showing confidence in your ability and a desire to prove all the teams that passed on you wrong.

What would you rather the player say? "Yeah, I'm content that I didn't get picked earlier, those players are better than me." That's a weaksauce attitude. I want a player that's pissed that teams passed on him and wants to take it out on those teams week after week.

Poet
04-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Can we not think of an example of a young kid out of college pissing off the NFL masses who was cocky and turned into a great player?

LawDog
04-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Man having him and Von on one team, it's gonna be hilariously fun.

Our punter will seem rather dull, no?

topscribe
04-27-2018, 01:38 PM
My usual line is....do your job! Fire a guy for screwing your wife!

As long as he isn't drinking up the beer in my refrigerator . . . :coffee:

Nomad
04-27-2018, 01:42 PM

Did someone say beer? :D

Freyaka
04-27-2018, 01:46 PM

God I forgot about the punter. Oh to be a fly on the wall in dove valley. We've got a lot of goofy guys on this squad.

dogfish
04-27-2018, 02:00 PM

it's gonna be funny watching clownshoes vance try to control all these personalities. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 03:28 PM
The fake smile comment was the worst. Dude is a spoiled rich kid who has clearly never been taught how to show any humility or respect.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Players say that all the damn time though. It's not disrespecting the players that got picked ahead of you, it's just showing confidence in your ability and a desire to prove all the teams that passed on you wrong.

What would you rather the player say? "Yeah, I'm content that I didn't get picked earlier, those players are better than me." That's a weaksauce attitude. I want a player that's pissed that teams passed on him and wants to take it out on those teams week after week.

You can say of whatever want, I'm saying it was disrespectful. You don't agree with me, but that still doesn't mean you're correct.

Poet
04-27-2018, 03:31 PM
The fake smile comment was the worst. Dude is a spoiled rich kid who has clearly never been taught how to show any humility or respect.

Why do you hate honesty?

Rick
04-27-2018, 03:31 PM

This is what set me on edge as well, saying he thought he may have to force a smile when selected. WTF?

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 03:32 PM

I just want make sure I have this right, screwing your wife is ok, but taking your beer so much:questionmark:

dogfish
04-27-2018, 03:38 PM
he could be cutler, he could be rodgers without the wheels. . . we'll see. . . i think mora was right-- the ability of their coaching staff to form a connection with him is likely to be vital. . . he really doesn't come off as a guy who can work with just anybody. . . i suspect he may potentially have some coach killer to his game. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 03:39 PM
Why do you hate honesty?

I love honesty. But I also like tact, self control, situational awareness and respect for others.

Rick
04-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Arians could have handled him, no idea who the heck this new coach is.

Poet
04-27-2018, 03:41 PM
I love honesty. But I also like tact, self control, situational awareness and respect for others.

He's not more disrespectful than any other player slighted. Situational awareness? He just let the Cardinals know they got a killer.

We have become a soft society.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm sure he'll be a damn fine player, but he talks like an ass.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 03:44 PM
He's not more disrespectful than any other player slighted. Situational awareness? He just let the Cardinals know they got a killer.

We have become a soft society.

Stop. You know he comes off as a douche. He's the kid who everyone wanted to punch in high school.

VonDoom
04-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Chubb introductory presser:

Cecil Lammey
@CecilLammey
#Broncos Elway on Bradley Chubb "You can never have enough good pass rushers. You'll love the way he goes about playing the game." @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason
@MaseDenver
Bradley Chubb says he feels like “268 is a good weight for me, even if I am playing outside linebacker"

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Bradley Chubb: "I would describe myself as relentless. ... If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it 100 percent."

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Bradley Chubb on playing alongside @VonMiller: "I'm looking forward to working with him, as well as Shaq and Shane too."

Cecil Lammey
@CecilLammey
#Broncos @astronaut "I saw (Von's) video. It was cool to see him happy like that. Different things we all can do, get us on the field and make plays." @1043TheFan #NFLDraft

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb on swiping towels: "I just do different things to get in (a QB's) head. ... Always just being relentless and making sure he knows I'm there."

Cecil Lammey
@CecilLammey
#Broncos @astronaut "The whole game is mental. If I'm breathing down (QBs) neck that will get to them." @1043TheFan #NFLDraft

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb: "I'm going to be a sponge when I get here, just soak up everything. Me being a first-round pick, I'm not going to think I'm above anybody."

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 03:49 PM
Chubb introductory presser:

Cecil Lammey
@CecilLammey
#Broncos Elway on Bradley Chubb "You can never have enough good pass rushers. You'll love the way he goes about playing the game." @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason
@MaseDenver
Bradley Chubb says he feels like “268 is a good weight for me, even if I am playing outside linebacker"

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Bradley Chubb: "I would describe myself as relentless. ... If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it 100 percent."

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Bradley Chubb on playing alongside @VonMiller: "I'm looking forward to working with him, as well as Shaq and Shane too."

Cecil Lammey
@CecilLammey
#Broncos @astronaut "I saw (Von's) video. It was cool to see him happy like that. Different things we all can do, get us on the field and make plays." @1043TheFan #NFLDraft

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb on swiping towels: "I just do different things to get in (a QB's) head. ... Always just being relentless and making sure he knows I'm there."

Cecil Lammey
@CecilLammey
#Broncos @astronaut "The whole game is mental. If I'm breathing down (QBs) neck that will get to them." @1043TheFan #NFLDraft

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb: "I'm going to be a sponge when I get here, just soak up everything. Me being a first-round pick, I'm not going to think I'm above anybody."

I think we got one heck of a player. I can't wait to see him, Ray, Miller, and Wolfe on the field at the same time.

VonDoom
04-27-2018, 03:49 PM
More Chubb:

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb: "I just want to get on the field and do whatever this team needs me to do."

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb said Derek Wolfe, Shane Ray and Chris Harris have already reached out, along with Von.

Lindsay Jones
@bylindsayhjones
Will Bradley Chubb lobby the Broncos to take RB Nick Chubb? "If you want two Chubbs and two great players here, that would be a great decision," he said.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 03:51 PM
More Chubb:

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb: "I just want to get on the field and do whatever this team needs me to do."

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Chubb said Derek Wolfe, Shane Ray and Chris Harris have already reached out, along with Von.

Lindsay Jones
@bylindsayhjones
Will Bradley Chubb lobby the Broncos to take RB Nick Chubb? "If you want two Chubbs and two great players here, that would be a great decision," he said.

I wouldn't mind having Nick Chubb in our offensive backfield.

BroncoWave
04-27-2018, 03:58 PM
You can say of whatever want, I'm saying it was disrespectful. You don't agree with me, but that still doesn't mean you're correct.

I am correct in saying that players say that stuff after the draft all the time. Including CJ Anderson, who is as classy as they come.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 04:09 PM
I am correct in saying that players say that stuff after the draft all the time. Including CJ Anderson, who is as classy as they come.

No you're not.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 04:13 PM
There is a difference between saying "I'm gonna make those teams pay that passed me up and I'm using it as motivation" and "everyone chosen before me was a mistake".

Poet
04-27-2018, 04:15 PM
There is a difference between saying "I'm gonna make those teams pay that passed me up and I'm using it as motivation" and "everyone chosen before me was a mistake".

There is - if you want to read it that way. He's a smart guy who uses more direct language. I'll say this again, the reaction to Rosen has shown me just how soft of a society we have become.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 04:37 PM
There is - if you want to read it that way. He's a smart guy who uses more direct language. I'll say this again, the reaction to Rosen has shown me just how soft of a society we have become.

Also a huge difference between being offended...which nobody is...and recognizing when someone is being a douche...which everyone is doing.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 04:38 PM
Also a huge difference between being offended...which nobody is...and recognizing when someone is being a douche...which everyone is doing.

I'd agree with you for those who seem offended. I haven't seen that. Just acknowledge that he's an ahole

Poet
04-27-2018, 04:38 PM

Oh, beloved Assn.

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Oh, beloved Assn.

He's throwing you a life line King, take it man, just. take. it.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2018, 05:09 PM

Yeah, the rose tinted version of this team is surprisingly solid.

Butt becomes a solid possession guy capable of surprising separation with the anger to improve the run game like his 1-2 round draft projection status projected.
Cravens + Simmons shores up the RB/TE middle of field mismatches.
Wolfe is healthy.
Roby is the same playmaker minus the mental lapses.
Keenum does exactly what he did last year.
DT and Sanders come alive.
Booker breaks out.
Year 2 Bolles is a new man.
McGovern is the beast some say he has become.
New punter introduces obscure zen techniques to Von, improving both his burst and his social media profile.
VJ's brain transplant takes.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2018, 05:14 PM
DENVER — The Broncos’ first-round draft pick is excited about his upcoming move to Denver. It won’t be his first time the Mile High City.

On Friday morning, he posted a picture on his Twitter account from a visit to the Colorado Capitol in 2011.

In the photo, Chubb is sitting near the step leading to the Capitol indicating its elevation at 5,280 feet above sea level.

rest - http://kdvr.com/2018/04/27/back-to-denver-i-go-bradley-chubb-shares-throwback-to-2011-visit/

topscribe
04-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Yeah, the rose tinted version of this team is surprisingly solid.

Butt becomes a solid possession guy capable of surprising separation with the anger to improve the run game like his 1-2 round draft projection status projected.
Cravens + Simmons shores up the RB/TE middle of field mismatches.
Wolfe is healthy.
Roby is the same playmaker minus the mental lapses.
Keenum does exactly what he did last year.
DT and Sanders come alive.
Booker breaks out.
Year 2 Bolles is a new man.
McGovern is the beast some say he has become.
New punter introduces obscure zen techniques to Von, improving both his burst and his social media profile.
VJ's brain transplant takes.
Hyperbole noted. But I recall the same doubt prevailing before the 2015 season began.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Hyperbole noted. But I recall the same doubt prevailing before the 2015 season began.

I'm feeling optimistic. My biggest concern with the Broncos is no longer the roster. We'll really know what we have in VJ this year.

Northman
04-27-2018, 05:26 PM
I'm feeling optimistic. My biggest concern with the Broncos is no longer the roster. We'll really know what we have in VJ this year.

We will know after the first game of the regular season.

Hawgdriver
04-27-2018, 05:31 PM
We will know after the first game of the regular season.

Big disagree. Don't think the Seahawks game will be a big reveal. They have all offseason to prep for that. My concern with VJ was the mid-season and late-season week to week process. He was able to get them to 3-1 out the gate with TS. We'll know after week 6 vs the Rams.

topscribe
04-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Well, we know what we had last year in VJ. We had a first year coach who probably should
have spent a couple more years or so as a position coach or coordinator. So what do we
have this year in him? I really don't know, and I don't think anyone else does, either --
perhaps even Elway himself. But Elway gave VJ the contract, so he has to play it out now.
Has VJ grown into the job? I hope so. That's all anyone has at this point.

sneakers
04-27-2018, 05:49 PM
lol chubb

MOtorboat
04-27-2018, 06:03 PM

Lol.

BroncoWave
04-27-2018, 06:23 PM

It's literally the exact same message worded a little differently. This is just people looking for something to dislike Rosen for.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2018, 06:33 PM
It's literally the exact same message worded a little differently. This is just people looking for something to dislike Rosen for.

Not at all. 1 says I'll prove I'm better than you thought. The other says I am better than everyone picked ahead of me. Semantics, but only 1 pisses off the 9 guys infront of him

Hawgdriver
04-27-2018, 07:56 PM
At some point when you are truly pissed off there are casualties.

Davii
04-27-2018, 08:04 PM

I agree, but I would also say we had a more competent HC that year.

Davii
04-27-2018, 08:08 PM

I would've loved him if Elway drafted him. He didn't, so he's now a douche canoe to me. I'm consistent.

Poet
04-27-2018, 08:09 PM
I would've loved him if Elway drafted him. He didn't, so he's now a douche canoe to me. I'm consistent.

This is fair.

slim
04-27-2018, 08:17 PM

I've always thought he was a douche canoe, but I would love him if he was our douche canoe

TXBRONC
04-27-2018, 08:28 PM
I've always thought he was a douche canoe, but I would love him if he was our douche canoe

Exactly, if Denver had drafted him I would have supported him bit that doesn't a douche canoe.

Chillez
04-27-2018, 09:33 PM
Denver gets 2nd or 3rd best player in this entire draft class and people still aren’t happy. Chubb is generational talent that comes around once a decade.

wayninja
04-27-2018, 09:48 PM
Of course not. The same predictable adulation/repulsion discussion would be generated from anyone Denver picked. It's human nature.

WARHORSE
04-28-2018, 03:18 AM
I went on the Chefs Planet and checked out their board when we picked Chubb. lol

They think Dorsey picked Ward on purpose handing us the best defensive prospect in the draft. lol

They were pissed!

Broncoknight30
04-28-2018, 06:21 AM
The only concern I have with Chubb, in reading his scouting, is he is a prototypical 4-3 DE. OLBs, in a 3-4 tend to be a bit smaller, and a bit faster. Then again, his motor is relentless, and he can play each of those positions.

I would not be surprised if he comes in and plays some DE at the 3-4, or will be playing a lot in a 4 man line on obvious passing downs with Miller at the other end.

Demarcus Ware, for those of us thinking he is exactly like him, was a bit lighter and a bit faster. Many scouts are actually comparing Chubb to Julius Peppers, who I am pretty sure spent his career with his hand in the dirt in a 4-3.

Not sure if Chubb is going to lose some weight to play stand up OLB, or if they are going to be planning on running more 4 down lines.

UnderArmour
04-28-2018, 08:38 AM
Denver gets 2nd or 3rd best player in this entire draft class and people still aren’t happy. Chubb is generational talent that comes around once a decade.

I wouldn't go that far, but he definitely is the best pass rusher of this draft. As a pure prospect, he would be behind Myles Garrett.

People are always going to be unhappy, but Elway made the choice to go BPA for his first two picks. Elway made a franchise decision to stick to defense and ball control, something that Rosen and Allen will likely not be as professionals as they fit the gunslinger mold. Plus, what's worse, every year the pre-draft QB has the media and message boards talking up every first round QB prospect like they are Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz when it is entirely possible these teams just took Matt Leinart, Jake Locker, or Blaine Gabbert. I'm glad our GM stuck to his draft board.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2018, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't go that far, but he definitely is the best pass rusher of this draft. As a pure prospect, he would be behind Myles Garrett.

People are always going to be unhappy, but Elway made the choice to go BPA for his first two picks. Elway made a franchise decision to stick to defense and ball control, something that Rosen and Allen will likely not be as professionals as they fit the gunslinger mold. Plus, what's worse, every year the pre-draft QB has the media and message boards talking up every first round QB prospect like they are Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz when it is entirely possible these teams just took Matt Leinart, Jake Locker, or Blaine Gabbert. I'm glad our GM stuck to his draft board.

2 "experts" stated that they rate Chubb behind Garrett, but ahead of Solomon Thomas.

Cugel
04-28-2018, 10:03 AM

And it's only due to typical Browns incompetence that he was available at all. This guy could be a Hall of Fame player, and will certainly be an immediate impact player on the DL.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2018, 10:07 AM
DeMarcus Ware ready to help Bradley Chubb
Former Broncos OLB DeMarcus Ware talks about how Bradley Chubb fits in Denver and what it means for Von Miller.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DeMarcus-Ware-ready-to-help-Bradley-Chubb/5013dbb4-d7c6-4e7f-aad9-b520455fe177

topscribe
04-28-2018, 11:12 AM

Actually, Chillez was just repeating what some pundits have said about Chubb being a
generational talent. In fact, some of them have Chubb rated a bit higher than Garrett.

Of course, we'll see about all that. But, personally, I'm elated over all the Broncos picks
so far, even Yiadom, who is a relative unknown, but whom the Broncos spent a week
with at the Senior Bowl, so they should know what they're getting.

Freyaka
04-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Including CJ Anderson, who is as classy as they come.

Yea calling fans out on social media is totally just as classy as it gets. Cj Anderson is a douche man...

Freyaka
04-28-2018, 11:19 AM
The only concern I have with Chubb, in reading his scouting, is he is a prototypical 4-3 DE.

I don't think that's actually a problem at all. While we technically are a 3-4 base defense, we rarely line up in our base defense and we run about 60% of the time in nickle.

Chubb will be able to line up as a DE, DT or really anywhere the specific play calls for. Even Von an MLB lines up with his hand in the dirt as a DE at times. We are technically a 3-4, but we run multiple fronts.

topscribe
04-28-2018, 11:41 AM
The only concern I have with Chubb, in reading his scouting, is he is a prototypical 4-3 DE. OLBs, in a 3-4 tend to be a bit smaller, and a bit faster. Then again, his motor is relentless, and he can play each of those positions.

I would not be surprised if he comes in and plays some DE at the 3-4, or will be playing a lot in a 4 man line on obvious passing downs with Miller at the other end.

Demarcus Ware, for those of us thinking he is exactly like him, was a bit lighter and a bit faster. Many scouts are actually comparing Chubb to Julius Peppers, who I am pretty sure spent his career with his hand in the dirt in a 4-3.

Not sure if Chubb is going to lose some weight to play stand up OLB, or if they are going to be planning on running more 4 down lines.
We have to be careful in evaluating 40 times. One thing about it is that they run that time in
shorts. Putting all their equipment on affects smaller players more than larger ones. So you
see a difference in 40 times between two players, that difference may be significantly smaller
in pads. Chubb plays plenty fast on the football field.

Regarding his 4-3 experience, Chubb has played in both the 3-point and 2-point stances and
done equally well. I have zero concerns about how well he will do in the 3-4 defense. Besides,
when the Broncos go into pass defense, they play 4 down and 5 down, so he will have his
hand in the dirt at times, anyway.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:50 PM

Comer mierda

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:54 PM

Walker is a 4-3 LDE, I don’t blame VJ for him being on the wrong team.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2018, 08:57 PM
The only concern I have with Chubb, in reading his scouting, is he is a prototypical 4-3 DE. OLBs, in a 3-4 tend to be a bit smaller, and a bit of faster. Then again, his motor is relentless, and he can play each of those positions.

Peppers played OLB in Green Bay. Chubb will be fine.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Peppers played OLB in Green Bay. Chubb will be fine.

It’s been said and repeated 100x but I’ll say it one more time for BK30...

If you can’t find a way to fit Chubb into your scheme, it’s not Chubb, it’s that your scheme is ****** up. Fix your damned scheme!

dogfish
04-28-2018, 11:25 PM
we're in nickel more than fifty percent of the time anyway, where he can just play with his hand on the ground. . . he'll be fine. . . how much trouble did joey bosa have adapting to linebacker? chubb is ten pounds lighter, and probably faster and more athletic. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2018, 11:28 PM
Ware almost never dropped into space. He was always in the box. Chubb is gonna be fun to watch.

he’s bigger and faster than Barrett, right?

Poet
04-28-2018, 11:30 PM
we're in nickel more than fifty percent of the time anyway, where he can just play with his hand on the ground. . . he'll be fine. . . how much trouble did joey bosa have adapting to linebacker? chubb is ten pounds lighter, and probably faster and more athletic. . .

I thought they were both around 270?

Chubb can do a lot. He's going to be fine - best player in the draft baby.

dogfish
04-28-2018, 11:32 PM
I thought they were both around 270?

Chubb can do a lot. He's going to be fine - best player in the draft baby.

nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/joeybosa/2555249/profile) has joey @ 280. . . looks like he came in (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/joey-bosa?id=2555249) @ 270. . . in any case, same range. . . chubb shouldn't need to lose weight. . . he ran a 4.65 as is-- bosa was 4.77 at the same combine weight. . . much more importantly, chubb played well at that weight. . . he's going to be rushing against OLs (likely both ends and guards) as much as he is lining up as a 'backer-- the added sand in the pants will be an asset. . .

Poet
04-28-2018, 11:42 PM
nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/joeybosa/2555249/profile) has joey @ 280. . . looks like he came in (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/joey-bosa?id=2555249) @ 270. . . in any case, same range. . . chubb shouldn't need to lose weight. . . he ran a 4.65 as is-- bosa was 4.77 at the same combine weight. . . much more importantly, chubb played well at that weight. . . he's going to be rushing against OLs (likely both ends and guards) as much as he is lining up as a 'backer-- the added sand in the pants will be an asset. . .

Nice catch.

Freyaka
04-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Ware almost never dropped into space. He was always in the box. Chubb is gonna be fun to watch.

Yes I believe so. Barrett seems to be decent in coverage, i'd like to see if he can be helpful as an inside backer.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 11:57 PM

I’m bigger and faster than Barrett.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 11:59 PM
Bosa plays DE for Sparklers.

Jsteve01
04-29-2018, 03:30 AM

Walker is a 4-3 LDE, I don’t blame VJ for him being on the wrong team.

I agree. He is not Bradley Chubb. He's not a plus athlete. He could be a pretty Solid 4-3 end but he's not nearly as big and strong enough to play the five technique in a three-man front. And as we saw last year he's not nearly atletic enough to stand up and play outside linebacker now if Joe Woods does what Wade Phillips would do you scheme ways to get that guy to play at his best. But if we're just stuck to system I don't see him ever performing well here and he'll be another Robert Ayers who was Totally Miss cast

Broncoknight30
04-29-2018, 05:30 AM

Then again Von Miller is best utilized as a 3-4 OLB. When he was in a 4-3, he really only rushed when he was kicked down to end. OLBs in a 4-3 base rarely blitz. Derrick Brooks for example had less than 15 sacks his entire HOF career.

That does not allow for much creativity in blitz packages. That allows for teams to easily identify where and when the rush is coming. Von Miller causes problems when the opposing offense has to guess.

Yes, I too was looking at the possibility that Chubb could be another Robert Ayers situation. I was also thinking Chubb could be closer to Shawn Merriman. He weighed just about the same as Chubb is now and ran about the same. Merriman spent his career as a 3-4 OLB with the Chargers.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2018, 08:21 AM
Then again Von Miller is best utilized as a 3-4 OLB. When he was in a 4-3, he really only rushed when he was kicked down to end. OLBs in a 4-3 base rarely blitz. Derrick Brooks for example had less than 15 sacks his entire HOF career.

That does not allow for much creativity in blitz packages. That allows for teams to easily identify where and when the rush is coming. Von Miller causes problems when the opposing offense has to guess.

Yes, I too was looking at the possibility that Chubb could be another Robert Ayers situation. I was also thinking Chubb could be closer to Shawn Merriman. He weighed just about the same as Chubb is now and ran about the same. Merriman spent his career as a 3-4 OLB with the Chargers.

I think Merriman is more gifted and explosive than Chubb. Chubb may have better all around sound game...but Merriman was a freak of nature.

When I lived in Harrisburg, PA I had Terps season tix. Fun as hell watching Merriman, D'Qwell and Vernon Davis.

Broncoknight30
04-29-2018, 08:38 AM
I think Merriman is more gifted and explosive than Chubb. Chubb may have better all around sound game...but Merriman was a freak of nature.

When I lived in Harrisburg, PA I had Terps season tix. Fun as hell watching Merriman, D'Qwell and Vernon Davis.

True enough, but that is what people are saying of Chubb. Most scouts agree Chubb may have been the best player in the draft, let alone a defensive player. That is mainly due to that restlessness he plays with.

I also looked it up. Willie Mcginnest played at 270lbs, and so did Adalius Thomas.

Jsteve01
04-29-2018, 09:02 AM

True enough, but that is what people are saying of Chubb. Most scouts agree Chubb may have been the best player in the draft, let alone a defensive player. That is mainly due to that restlessness he plays with.

I also looked it up. Willie Mcginnest played at 270lbs, and so did Adalius Thomas.

Mario Williams is a pretty natural comparison..... man nevermind I forgot how big he was.

Poet
04-29-2018, 11:25 AM
Mario Williams is a pretty natural comparison..... man nevermind I forgot how big he was.

And when he was focused that was a bad man.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2018, 11:35 AM
I agree. He is not Bradley Chubb. He's not a plus athlete. He could be a pretty Solid 4-3 end but he's not nearly as big and strong enough to play the five technique in a three-man front. And as we saw last year he's not nearly atletic enough to stand up and play outside linebacker now if Joe Woods does what Wade Phillips would do you scheme ways to get that guy to play at his best. But if we're just stuck to system I don't see him ever performing well here and he'll be another Robert Ayers who was Totally Miss cast

People said the same thing about Malik who played at 280 while at Tennessee. Let’s wait to see if he can put on 10-15 pounds. He has the frame for it.

topscribe
04-29-2018, 11:44 AM
People said the same thing about Malik who played at 280 while at Tennessee. Let’s wait to see if he can put on 10-15 pounds. He has the frame for it.
It's possible. Walker weighed 280 when he joined the league, and they had him lose down
to play OLB, a colossal mistake, which I knew it would be at the time. When they put him
back on the DL late last season, he occasionally started to flash, but he was still under
weight. It worked when Wolfe and Gotsis put on pounds, so I'm hoping that is what
Walker is doing this offseason. I believe he's better than people think, just as was Malik,
as you implied. He just needs to be the right weight now.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2018, 11:47 AM

Mailk played everywhere at Tennessee. He was a freak. Hoping Chubb can be his replacement. IF...and big IF...Ray can get healthy, Chubb can be a holy terror with his hand in the dirt. Our D lost it mojo when Malik left.

topscribe
04-29-2018, 11:50 AM
Mailk played everywhere at Tennessee. He was a freak. Hoping Chubb can be his replacement. IF...and big IF...Ray can get healthy, Chubb can be a holy terror with his hand in the dirt. Our D lost it mojo when Malik left.
By all accounts, Ray is finally completely healthy. So we'll get a chance to see. It would
be something for Ray to fulfill his promise and to have Von, Ray, and Chubb on the field
at the same time. :eek:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2018, 12:40 PM

I’m not talking about Chubb.

Malik would have been drafted higher if he was a freak, and he probably wouldn’t have had to transfer from USC. He was a tweener.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2018, 12:52 PM
I’m not talking about Chubb.

Malik would have been drafted higher if he was a freak, and he probably wouldn’t have had to transfer from USC. He was a tweener.

People F up the draft all the time. Antonio Brown. Tom Brady. Rod Smith. Trust me. It was laughable that Malik dropped that far. And the evidence is his on field performance. I may be a Vol homer sometimes but check the discussions. I was banging the table for the dude. I don't do that for every Vol. Dude was special in Knoxville.

Poet
04-29-2018, 12:57 PM
The knock on him was strength and size, IIRC. That's probably why he wasn't seen as a freak. His motor and (IMO) burst is what makes him special in the NFL. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-29-2018, 01:01 PM
He dominated the LOS as a DE and as a DT in Knoxville. Only guy making plays during that time. He left USC due to coaching change and was a beast from almost day 1. One of my favorites ever on Rocky Top.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Chubb has to be 12-15 sacks a season guy to justify this pick/hype and he’s not going to get to 10-ish by just replacing Malik Jackson.

Chubb is Ware/Ray’s replacement, but it’s paramount getting all three (Von, Ray, Chubb) on the field at same time while they have the chance.

Btw, I’d still pick up Ray’s 5th year option unless Denver wants to pick another pass rusher next year. This is the blueprint, they’re not winning a SB without the ‘15 defense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2018, 02:57 PM
He dominated the LOS as a DE and as a DT in Knoxville. Only guy making plays during that time. He left USC due to coaching change and was a beast from almost day 1. One of my favorites ever on Rocky Top.

The point is not whether he was a dominant player in college, because he was. The point is how he translated to the NFL. He was projected as a LDE in a four man front because he was seen as too slow to be an edge rusher and too small to be a DT.

He seemed to understand this concern because he put on 15 pounds and became an effective interior guy. This development took time because he didn’t do jack squat his rookie year. That’s why I’m hopeful Walker can add some bulk .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Chubb has to be 12-15 sacks a season guy to justify this pick/hype and he’s not going to get to 10-ish by just replacing Malik Jackson.

Chubb is Ware/Ray’s replacement, but it’s paramount getting all three (Von, Ray, Chubb) on the field at same time while they have the chance.

Btw, I’d still pick up Ray’s 5th year option unless Denver wants to pick another pass rusher next year. This is the blueprint, they’re not winning a SB without the ‘15 defense.

I’m not comparing him to Malik. I was using the example of Malik to suggest there’s hope for Walker. I see Chubb as SOLB.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2018, 03:00 PM

6-6/290-ish, ran 4.6’s.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2018, 03:02 PM
I’m not comparing him to Malik. I was using the example of Malik to suggest there’s hope for Walker. I see Chubb as SOLB.

I didn’t see that, SmillinAss talked a little bit about Chubb replacing Malik.

Broncoknight30
04-29-2018, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I think Chubb can really be compared to Shawn Merriman. Virtually identical as far as size and speed. Yes, having that opposite of Miller is quite special.

I do agree with the Malik situation. His push from the inside with Wolfe was quite valuable. I think he was very valuable against the run too.

I really hope to see Walker put into the position he is supposed to be. 3-4 DE 5 technique.

Canmore
04-29-2018, 04:07 PM

Roids will do that. He wasn't the same after his suspension.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Canmore has a good memory.

7alpha30
04-29-2018, 04:56 PM
A very popular player comparison is Terrell Suggs. Suggs ran a 4.8 40, whereas Chubb ran a 4.6, I think. They can get creative with Chubb. He can play hand down or not. He can play left or right side. It's positionless football. He's a pass rusher who can set the edge against the run. And now he's with one of the best defensive line coaches in the NFL.

I saw someone mention around 10-15 sacks justifying this pick. Maybe it's better to look at he and Von as a tandem. If Von gets less help against him, that should allow Von to get more sacks. And vice versa.

Broncoknight30
04-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Roids will do that. He wasn't the same after his suspension.

Yeah, there are pretty much two different NFL players. Those that use PEDs and those that get caught using PEDs.

Broncoknight30
04-29-2018, 05:14 PM
A very popular player comparison is Terrell Suggs. Suggs ran a 4.8 40, whereas Chubb ran a 4.6, I think. They can get creative with Suggs. He can play hand down or not. He can play left or right side. It's positionless football. He's a pass rusher who can set the edge against the run. And now he's with one of the best defensive line coaches in the NFL.

I saw someone mention around 10-15 picks justifying this pick. Maybe it's better to look at he and Von as a tandem. If Von gets less help against him, that should allow Von to get more sacks. And vice versa.

I will be interested in a potential "NASCAR" type of package that could possibly be used in nickel, 3rd and long scenarios.

Von, Demarcus Walker, Chubb, Ray

Could be an interesting looking 4 man rush, if they ever ran that.

7alpha30
04-29-2018, 05:55 PM
I will be interested in a potential "NASCAR" type of package that could possibly be used in nickel, 3rd and long scenarios.

Von, Demarcus Walker, Chubb, Ray

Could be an interesting looking 4 man rush, if they ever ran that.

...if they pick up Ray's option.