PDA

View Full Version : I Guess Josh Allen Isnt Going To Cleveland.....

WARHORSE
04-26-2018, 02:33 AM
Baker must have found out about this and waited to the last minute to let it fly. Guess Lebron won't be welcoming a big armed country boy to Cleveland.

Aaaaaand the draft just went upside down.

https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

MOtorboat
04-26-2018, 02:41 AM
A couple things here:

A.) It's a Twitter feed. It's public. If teams haven't found these tweets before now, they are incompetent.

B.) If they are not drafting a quarterback for something he said on social media when he was 14-16, then they are equally incompetent.

C.) They are also incompetent if they have 1) not found them and 2) not broached the subject with him pre-draft. This is not like the tackle who had his current weed habit exposed the night before the draft. This is stuff that happened 6-8 years ago. If a team doesn't know and is switching their picks last minute, the entire management team should be fired.

slim
04-26-2018, 02:46 AM
Well, that ends that discussion.

Northman
04-26-2018, 04:49 AM
Those tweets sound very tongue and cheek to me but its hard to know without the context of those twitter conversations. With that said we live in a very PC/Snowflake society right now so i have no doubt that this could blow up on him a bit. But im sure he and his agent are already planning on an explanation and PR move to counter it.

Tned
04-26-2018, 06:49 AM
Those tweets sound very tongue and cheek to me but its hard to know without the context of those twitter conversations. With that said we live in a very PC/Snowflake society right now so i have no doubt that this could blow up on him a bit. But im sure he and his agent are already planning on an explanation and PR move to counter it.

To the point the author/editor had to put a warning about reading the offensive material.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 07:11 AM
I'm just annoyed that he went with the soft "a". If you're gonna do it man go all out, use the hard "er" and own that shit.

Dapper Dan
04-26-2018, 07:40 AM
A couple things here:

A.) It's a Twitter feed. It's public. If teams haven't found these tweets before now, they are incompetent.

B.) If they are not drafting a quarterback for something he said on social media when he was 14-16, then they are equally incompetent.

C.) They are also incompetent if they have 1) not found them and 2) not broached the subject with him pre-draft. This is not like the tackle who had his current weed habit exposed the night before the draft. This is stuff that happened 6-8 years ago. If a team doesn't know and is switching their picks last minute, the entire management team should be fired.

The only post in this thread that matters. Everything else will be about how people are snowflakes.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 08:07 AM
The only post in this thread that matters. Everything else will be about how people are snowflakes.

Like most things, there will be a million posts about how people are snowflakes for being offended, with zero posts from people who are actually offended. But it sure is fun calling these non-existent people snowflakes amirite?

Rick
04-26-2018, 08:10 AM
Kids say stupid things when they are kids, this won't effect his draft status.

He has my vote with the Lebron statement. I didn't want him before, but now...sign me up!

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 08:23 AM
Kids say stupid things when they are kids, this won't effect his draft status.

He has my vote with the Lebron statement. I didn't want him before, but now...sign me up!

Fortunately having awful basketball takes doesn't take away from one's NFL ability. That tweet is especially funny after the game LeBron had last night. :lol:

Rick
04-26-2018, 08:24 AM
Fortunately having awful basketball takes doesn't take away from one's NFL ability. That tweet is especially funny after the game LeBron had last night. :lol:

Lebron is a superstar talent, I just can't stand the man, not the player.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2018, 08:28 AM
I'm just annoyed that he went with the soft "a". If you're gonna do it man go all out, use the hard "er" and own that shit.

I noticed that too. Maybe it was responding to some of his black friends and trying to fit in?

I personally don't use that term, but have black friends who speak like that to each other all the time.

WARHORSE
04-26-2018, 08:29 AM
All good points.

Unfortunately perception is reality.

All you need is one teammate or coach that takes offense.

Or a fan on TV......with a poster board.

Or Lebron James. ;)

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 08:32 AM
I noticed that too. Maybe it was responding to some of his black friends and trying to fit in?

I personally don't use that term, but have black friends who speak like that to each other all the time.

It's 100% trying to fit in with black friends. These are the most "nothing to see here" tweets of all time as far as controversial tweets go imo.

PatriotsGuy
04-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Yeah from what I heard on the radio coming into work it sounded bad. After reading them it's like meh.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 08:34 AM
Also, is there any bigger loser than the guy who goes and pulls up tweets that are years old whenever an athlete has a big moment? If anyone should be the target of outrage, it's that guy.

Rick
04-26-2018, 08:34 AM
Wonder how much it will get talked to death tonight. Ugh, ******* media.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Wonder how much it will get talked to death tonight. Ugh, ******* media.

Right? I'll skip all the pre-draft stuff and wait for the actual draft to begin. It's going to be brutal.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Lame. There are plenty of reasons he shouldn't be draftable. But this ain't 1 of em.

Chillez
04-26-2018, 09:08 AM
I love when media blows everything out of proportion this is dumb and no issue.

Dapper Dan
04-26-2018, 09:15 AM
@RyanYoung44
30 Aug 2011

Your a janitor!

Using the wrong "You're" and still getting a job with yahoo.

Dapper Dan
04-26-2018, 09:16 AM
@RyanYoung44
8 Sep 2011

Turns out your just a bad driver

Again!

Dapper Dan
04-26-2018, 09:18 AM
@RyanYoung44
23 Oct 2011

Hospitals smell

He hates hospitals! Yahoo will lose their deal with Humana if he isn't fired immediately.

Dapper Dan
04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
@RyanYoung44
5 Nov 2011

Best hundred bucks I've ever made

He made money in a questionable way. Was it drugs? Was it prostitution?

Dapper Dan
04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hey look...its <a href="https://twitter.com/Lilmozo_5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Lilmozo_5</a> <a href="http://t.co/UpPNaaUY">pic.twitter.com/UpPNaaUY</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Young (@RyanYoung44) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanYoung44/status/134468940670836736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 10, 2011</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dapper Dan
04-26-2018, 09:21 AM
Wave, embed that tweet. I don't know how. I'm pretty sure he's making fun of Muslims.

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:17 AM
People grow. Hopefully he knows better now.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 10:19 AM
People grow. Hopefully he knows better now.

You are right, but unfortunately the Media doesn't much care about growth and is making a storm out of this. I can see him dropping at this point, maybe past pick 10

GEM
04-26-2018, 10:24 AM
LOL! Have any of those complaining spent time with guys that age? It's one of their favorite words and they all call each other that.

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:24 AM
You are right, but unfortunately the Media doesn't much care about growth and is making a storm out of this. I can see him dropping at this point, maybe past pick 10

I'm not going to blame the media for reporting something that is pertinent. The claim is "I was quoting pop culture," and "I didn't mean it." There's also a theory, from Schefter of all people, that another team might have released them now to tank them. So there's definitely something to report, especially because one team, according to Schefter, was unaware of the tweets, and then another team said the same thing. Again, from Schefter.

It's hard to just give a pass or a hand waive it away without getting a full story. I think blaming the media is a bit premature.

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:25 AM
LOL! Have any of those complaining spent time with guys that age? It's one of their favorite words and they all call each other that.

I don't think this is an unfair point. Right now, I would assume that he's a not that guy.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 10:27 AM

Right? I remember when I was that age. There was barely a white guy I knew that didn't throw that word around trying to seem cool to our black friends.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 10:28 AM
I'm not going to blame the media for reporting something that is pertinent. The claim is "I was quoting pop culture," and "I didn't mean it." There's also a theory, from Schefter of all people, that another team might have released them now to tank them. So there's definitely something to report, especially because one team, according to Schefter, was unaware of the tweets, and then another team said the same thing. Again, from Schefter.

It's hard to just give a pass or a hand waive it away without getting a full story. I think blaming the media is a bit premature.

From what I'm observing right now, the media is doing what they always do and blowing something minor out of proportion, some of the reports I read prior to actually seeing the tweets made it seem absolutely detestable and vile...it was fairly tame for a person the age he was at that time.. In that respect, I think it's just calling it how it is, the media making a mountain out of a molehill.

It should be a complete non-issue, but what will happen instead is it will dominate pre-draft coverage today as if it's a huge scandal. Scandal sells...

GEM
04-26-2018, 10:30 AM
I don't think this is an unfair point. Right now, I would assume that he's a not that guy.

I'm going to beat these niggas at pong.

Dumbest shit to be pissed at ever.

If it ain't white, it ain't right.

Sounds like he's just uneducated on what is politically correct and what isn't. I don't take that as he's this big racist white dude. He posted shit on his twitter some time ago not realizing that media schmucks would be going through it years later looking to tear him apart on anything. He sounds like he needs someone to settle him down, make him a man and learn to be a professional.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 10:32 AM

If it's found that a team leaked those tweets to tank his stock, they should be stripped of a first round pick.

Rick
04-26-2018, 10:33 AM
Sounds like he is a naïve HS kid making stupid remarks. One could assume once he went through 4 years of college he had a chance to grow up a little.

It was stupid talk, he wasn't putting on a white hood or anything.

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:35 AM
From what I'm observing right now, the media is doing what they always do and blowing something minor out of proportion, some of the reports I read prior to actually seeing the tweets made it seem absolutely detestable and vile...it was fairly tame for a person the age he was at that time.. In that respect, I think it's just calling it how it is, the media making a mountain out of a molehill.

It should be a complete non-issue, but what will happen instead is it will dominate pre-draft coverage today as if it's a huge scandal. Scandal sells...

It's not a non-issue if, for instance, there was something else in the tweets that showed he wasn't contrite. It's not a non-issue when a person of prominence says, past or present, something along the lines of racism. The story broke how many hours ago? How is the media at fault for putting this out here? If nothing else, do you not think that it might make future teammates look at him differently? If nothing else, is it not a story that several teams didn't know about this, and that there is a suspicion of a team finding these tweets (however long ago it was, he reportedly deleted them months ago) and then releasing them on the eve of the draft?

These are guys who get scrutinized for every single thing. These tweets are from a period in his life where he was barely younger than some of the other QB prospects who were on the bench in college. It's fair game. And while I don't necessarily think this shows anything other than a knucklehead young kid, I won't hand waive it completely away, either. It's a legitimate story. I wish it had broken a few weeks ago so we would know more, so he could adequately defend himself, and so if he is a solid dude (my presumption because we do all grow and mature) his draft status isn't tanked. I don't know if it will or if it won't. But, those weeks would also be nice because maybe there is something else in his past that might indicate that the presumption I have is wrong.

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:35 AM
If it's found that a team leaked those tweets to tank his stock, they should be stripped of a first round pick.

Schefter thinks that's what happened to Tunsil a few years ago. I wouldn't doubt it.

Rick
04-26-2018, 10:38 AM
If that was true then why didn't the team draft him? Why would they risk bidding on him as a CFA?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2018, 10:44 AM
Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
2h2 hours ago

A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:49 AM
I meant to say that Schefter thinks a team did that to draft him. Maybe they were behind the Dolphins and hoped that he fell a little further?

I'm simply saying this - let's cut all the BS. You have a franchise to run, and you know perception is reality, and that if there is any racial bigotry that you QB has, it's a problem. You like the QB. You didn't know that he said this, regardless of the context around this. All of a sudden you have a QB from a rural part of the country who was dropping N-bombs, regardless of context, this isn't something you just lightly ignore. Because you have to do your due diligence (if you didn't know you didn't) and address every thing, small or little.

That, in and of itself, is why this is a worthy story. Furthermore, let's say next month something else is uncovered about JA, and all of a sudden the context isn't so kind? You just drafted a rift into your locker room. You just, after all the drama last year with the kneeling and all the political stuff with it, drafted that problem onto your team.

No sir. This isn't the evil media.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 10:50 AM
It's not a non-issue if, for instance, there was something else in the tweets that showed he wasn't contrite. It's not a non-issue when a person of prominence says, past or present, something along the lines of racism. The story broke how many hours ago? How is the media at fault for putting this out here? If nothing else, do you not think that it might make future teammates look at him differently? If nothing else, is it not a story that several teams didn't know about this, and that there is a suspicion of a team finding these tweets (however long ago it was, he reportedly deleted them months ago) and then releasing them on the eve of the draft?

These are guys who get scrutinized for every single thing. These tweets are from a period in his life where he was barely younger than some of the other QB prospects who were on the bench in college. It's fair game. And while I don't necessarily think this shows anything other than a knucklehead young kid, I won't hand waive it completely away, either. It's a legitimate story. I wish it had broken a few weeks ago so we would know more, so he could adequately defend himself, and so if he is a solid dude (my presumption because we do all grow and mature) his draft status isn't tanked. I don't know if it will or if it won't. But, those weeks would also be nice because maybe there is something else in his past that might indicate that the presumption I have is wrong.

King, buddy, you're making way more out of this than there actually. There is nothing in those tweets that almost any white guy hasn't said when they were that age.

Poet
04-26-2018, 10:52 AM
King, buddy, you're making way more out of this than there actually. There is nothing in those tweets that almost any white guy hasn't said when they were that age.

No sir, I'm not. Because it's not just what the tweets were, it's the potential for 'more' to be there and the context of the draft. And no, I don't expect that next month we find out that JA is a KKK member. But, this isn't something an executive could just ignore. This is fair game for the 'media' to report on.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 10:52 AM

The old dudes I hang out with use that word a lot too. Especially during our monthly bonfire meetings.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 10:53 AM
No sir, I'm not. Because it's not just what the tweets were, it's the potential for 'more' to be there and the context of the draft. And no, I don't expect that next month we find out that JA is a KKK member. But, this isn't something an executive could just ignore. This is fair game for the 'media' to report on.

He was 16 years old when he tweeted that. 16. Your brain isn't even fully formed at that age. Stop giving the "America is too PC crowd" ammo.

Northman
04-26-2018, 10:56 AM
I'm going to beat these niggas at pong.

Dumbest shit to be pissed at ever.

If it ain't white, it ain't right.

Sounds like he's just uneducated on what is politically correct and what isn't. I don't take that as he's this big racist white dude. He posted shit on his twitter some time ago not realizing that media schmucks would be going through it years later looking to tear him apart on anything. He sounds like he needs someone to settle him down, make him a man and learn to be a professional.

Boom

Northman
04-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
2h2 hours ago

A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

Patriots...lol

Poet
04-26-2018, 11:00 AM
He was 16 years old when he tweeted that. 16. Your brain isn't even fully formed at that age. Stop giving the "America is too PC crowd" ammo.

I'm talking about this in the context of the NFL draft and what executives have to look at and deal with. If the America is too PC crowd can't understand that (in a league where Dez Bryant was grilled for his mother's actions, for instance) or the fact that I'm operating under the presumption that he was just a young and stupid kid, then there's nothing I can do.

Once that issue is raised you can't ignore it. I'm not even saying that this is a 'thing' that should last longer than two days. Also, because of this, there's the suspicion that someone leaked this to hurt the kid. That's something the NFL should investigate. That's a story worth talking about. And to get to that story, you literally can't avoid this one, either.

We can respectfully disagree.

GEM
04-26-2018, 11:04 AM
The old dudes I hang out with use that word a lot too. Especially during our monthly bonfire meetings.

Oh my....am I evil for laughing at this?

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 11:04 AM
I've seen the theory that it's Miami. Maybe they did the same thing to get tunsil now they are trying to get their QB.

Rick
04-26-2018, 11:05 AM
More than likely if this was in time to be brought up in pre-draft interviews with him from teams, they would have asked about it because why not.

At this point I would think they would take everything they already know about him and not be swayed by this.

Poet
04-26-2018, 11:07 AM
I've seen the theory that it's Miami. Maybe they did the same thing to get tunsil now they are trying to get their QB.

They going back to the well!.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Oh my....am I evil for laughing at this?

No, but I am for thinking of it. :rockon:

Rick
04-26-2018, 11:08 AM

I argued against this incorrectly earlier in the thread stating why then didn't the team that did that then draft him but I had the player mixed up and was thinking of the guy that fell out of the draft and was signed CFA by Dallas.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 11:10 AM
They going back to the well!.

If the dolphins pick Allen then this will definitely be very fishy.

Poet
04-26-2018, 11:10 AM
If the dolphins pick Allen then this will definitely be very fishy.

Pun game!

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 11:11 AM
Sounds like New Orleans is trying to move up to grab him. It's looking possible that they may have leaked the tweets.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Pun game!

I didn't even realize it until I was proofreading it, but I figured I'd let it stay!

Rick
04-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Saint's have never done anything that would raise eyebrows in the past!

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Sounds like New Orleans is trying to move up to grab him. It's looking possible that they may have leaked the tweets.

That won't play well with that fanbase.

I really think this idea of a team leaking this so they can grab him is a little tin foil hatish. I just don't see an NFL team saying to themselves "I know how we get this guy, will paint him out to be a racist then he'll fall to us."

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 11:14 AM
That won't play well with that fanbase.

I really think this idea of a team leaking this so they can grab him is a little tin foil hatish. I just don't see an NFL team saying to themselves "I know how we get this guy, will paint him out to be a racist then he'll fall to us."

Yeah I agree that probably isn't the case. This was most likely some total loser looking to get clicks on their blog or just being a dick to be a dick.

Poet
04-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Guys, it was me. I did this so we wouldn't draft him. I'm the hero.

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 11:19 AM
Looking at the man Josh has become makes all of this just look irrelevant now. Seems like a real humble dude who has grown up. Not sure why this is even a story. All teenagers do dumb things, say dumb things and try to act cool around their friends. He grew up in Firebaugh (farm capital of California) and was totally sheltered. Lol

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 11:23 AM

You're my hero!

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 11:28 AM
Mel Kiper has us taking Josh Allen in his final mock draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772674-mel-kiper-jr-2018-mock-draft-notable-picks-from-espn-gurus-final-predictions

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2018, 11:30 AM

Using this for leverage isn’t very saintly.

Rick
04-26-2018, 12:01 PM
I can't stand Steven A but this is a decent report from him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23321086/josh-allen-apologizes-offensive-tweets-high-school-resurface

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 12:24 PM
He was quoting rap lyrics? Oh the humanity!

Poet
04-26-2018, 12:28 PM
There are already NFL players talking about how he could have issues in the locker room.

I think this time next year we will have mostly forgotten about this. I think he will probably have some awkward conversations to start his career, especially in the locker room. And I think his teammates will mostly end up being okay with him. But, this was and is a legitimate story, and it seems to matter to some of the players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQdTsDbWbU

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 12:31 PM
Any of those players who act like they didn't hang out with white guys in high school who said the same shit are full of shit IMO.

Poet
04-26-2018, 12:33 PM
That could very well be true - and that might be the reason as to why he'll be fine in the end.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 12:36 PM
I can't stand Steven A but this is a decent report from him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23321086/josh-allen-apologizes-offensive-tweets-high-school-resurface

Interesting tidbit from this

On ESPN's First Take on Thursday, NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that his sources indicated Allen's Twitter account was vetted in January and that the offensive tweets were removed then.

So basically, it's not like someone just discovered this, they discovered it prior to January and have been holding onto it until the day before the draft to smear him.

http://tvquotes.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Rick-Morty-dick-move-meme.jpg

Poet
04-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Frey, that's exactly one of the reasons as to why this is a story, which was my main point of contention the entire time.

Dapper Dan
Maybe it was Sam Darnold.

Poet

:lol:

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 12:40 PM

If we're being honest...I doubt it was any of the players. No one in their right mind wants to play in Cleveland :D They'd let Allen be that sacrificial lamb.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 12:41 PM

I'm disappointed. :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
3h3 hours ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Around The NFL

Two notes: 1. Teams have been told some of Allen's tweets were quoting song lyrics and movie or TV show scenes. Others were meant to be jokes to friends. But he did send them. 2. Teams have been reticent to judge Allen based on tweets from high school.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 12:44 PM
Reason #29784 not to listen to rap.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Reason #29784 not to listen to rap.

It's not all bad though. NF as an example is excellent. I hate rap, but NF is amazing.

WARHORSE
04-26-2018, 12:50 PM
In my book this is less than a non-issue. If someone told me my son did this I would say "Get a life"

But this is the world that
PC and Colin created.

Elway will draft him if he's at 5.

Buff
04-26-2018, 12:52 PM
It's 100% trying to fit in with black friends. These are the most "nothing to see here" tweets of all time as far as controversial tweets go imo.

Oh thanks, excruciatingly white guy, for clearing that up for all of us. :lol:

It may be a non-issue for most, but I wouldn't be super comfortable having that reputation looming over me as an unproven rookie.

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:01 PM

It may be a non-issue for most, but I wouldn't be super comfortable having that reputation looming over me as an unproven rookie.

What? A reputation for quoting rap lyrics?

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 01:01 PM

God damnit buff...

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:03 PM

For what, talking like a 16 year old guy on social media with your followers being other 16 year old guys?

Poet
04-26-2018, 01:04 PM

A NFL player already said it could be an issue in the locker room. I don't think anyone believes that this is a career killer, or that it would murder him during the draft even, but this is a story.

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:11 PM
A NFL player already said it could be an issue in the locker room. I don't think anyone believes that this is a career killer, or that it would murder him during the draft even, but this is a story.

LOL, the fact that it is a story just tells you what a stupid ******* world we live in.

Poet
04-26-2018, 01:13 PM
LOL, the fact that it is a story just tells you what a stupid ******* world we live in.

Okay.

I already saw one player take issue with it. Then there's the sub story of sabotage. It is what it is.

Buff
04-26-2018, 01:13 PM
For what, talking like a 16 year old guy on social media with your followers being other 16 year old guys?

War said it - perception is reality... Fair or not, he's a white dude from Wyoming who people believe is already being overdrafted - it doesn't make it any easier for him to win his teammates over if they perceive him to have crossed some line. That said - it should be easy for him to overcome if it was truly a non-issue... I'm just saying, I wouldn't be comfortable with this report if I were him.

MOtorboat
04-26-2018, 01:15 PM
War said it - perception is reality... Fair or not, he's a white dude from Wyoming who people believe is already being overdrafted - it doesn't make it any easier for him to win his teammates over if they perceive him to have crossed some line. That said - it should be easy for him to overcome if it was truly a non-issue... I'm just saying, I wouldn't be comfortable with this report if I were him.

*Fresno

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Okay.

I already saw one player take issue with it. Then there's the sub story of sabotage. It is what it is.

That player needs his diaper changed.

MOtorboat
04-26-2018, 01:21 PM
Just a reminder that there's a quarterback at the top of the draft with a drunk and disorderly and fleeing arrest on his record. And it's not the guy who quoted some rap lyrics on Twitter. This is dumb.

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Just a reminder that there's a quarterback at the top of the draft with a drunk and disorderly and fleeing arrest on his record. And it's not the guy who quoted some rap lyrics on Twitter. This is dumb.

That guy is the douche. Not sure the love affair with him. He seems like a shitty human being.

Buff
04-26-2018, 01:25 PM

We need a few more white people to chime in on this thread and tell us how it's not important.

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:27 PM
We need a few more white people to chime in on this thread and tell us how it's not important.

LOL...Go to East high school and see how many black kids say the same thing. Then try still getting offended.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 01:30 PM

Yes please tell us more about what a scourge on society a 16 year old posting rap lyrics of Twitter is.

Buff
04-26-2018, 01:31 PM
LOL...Go to East high school and see how many black kids say the same thing. Then try still getting offended.

I'm not offended. I couldn't care less. I just think it's laughable that a bunch of white people have themselves convinced that this doesn't matter. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't - if I were Josh Allen, I would now feel like there is an extra burden on me to prove that I'm not the stereotype that is being reported. It's clearly a negative to even have to wonder whether any of his future teammates will hold it against him.

Northman

I'm still trying to figure out why quoting rap lyrics is important. Can you give me an idea of why you feel it's an issue?

Nomad
Always a controversy.

Nomad
04-26-2018, 01:33 PM
NWA is better

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:34 PM
This reminds me of those bitching and whining that Emma Watson was beat boxing. I'm just failing to see why a white guy is being villianized for quoting lyrics.

Buff
04-26-2018, 01:34 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why quoting rap lyrics is important. Can you give me an idea of why you feel it's an issue?

Because white people don't get to say the N word. There can sometimes be a stereotype that comes along with the type of white person who feels entitled/comfortable enough to do so. If even a handful of future teammates hold it against him, that's unfortunate.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Josh Allen's got 99 problems and a tweet is one.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 01:37 PM
Because white people don't get to say the N word. There can sometimes be a stereotype that comes along with the type of white person who feels entitled/comfortable enough to do so. If even a handful of future teammates hold it against him, that's unfortunate.

If he were still tweeting out the n word today then I'd see the issue. But since the last tweet he made with that word was 6 years ago, it kinda proves the point that he grew up (like the 99% of dumb high school kids who use that word when trying to act cool) since then.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 01:37 PM
I'm not offended. I couldn't care less. I just think it's laughable that a bunch of white people have themselves convinced that this doesn't matter. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't - if I were Josh Allen, I would now feel like there is an extra burden on me to prove that I'm not the stereotype that is being reported. It's clearly a negative to even have to wonder whether any of his future teammates will hold it against him.

I think it's hypocritical for a some white who thinks he speaks for then entire black community on what is morally right or wrong, especially one has no clue on context or facts.

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:38 PM

I see white guys who hang with black guys do it all the time though and they are friends. I think you have to understand the context to which something like that is said.

Buff
I think it's hypocritical for a some white who thinks he speaks for then entire black community on what is morally right or wrong, especially one has no clue on context or facts.

Yeah I agree, that would be hypocritical. Who is doing that?

TXBRONC
This reminds me of those bitching and whining that Emma Watson was beat boxing. I'm just failing to see why a white guy is being villianized for quoting lyrics.

Because he's not a black guy.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Josh Allen ain't shit but overthrows and bricks

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Yeah I agree, that would be hypocritical. Who is doing that?

Go look mirror and you'll know.

Buff
04-26-2018, 01:40 PM
I see white guys who hang with black guys do it all the time though and they are friends. I think you have to understand the context to which something like that is said.

Yes of course, but this is exactly my point - this wasn't done under that context... It can now be interpreted however by millions. Just because you interpret it as a non-issue doesn't mean someone else with a different lens won't view it differently.

Nomad
04-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Oh well.....he won't be a Bronco, so are we supposed to care?

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Yes of course, but this is exactly my point - this wasn't done under that context... It can now be interpreted however by millions. Just because you interpret it as a non-issue doesn't mean someone else with a different lens won't view it differently.

But wouldn't that be the responsibility of those on the outside to get or wait for clarification before jumping to conclusions?

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Oh well.....he won't be a Bronco, so are we supposed to care?

You never know he could fall to us.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 01:43 PM
Go Tallguy, it's your draftday we gonna party like it's your draftday.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 01:43 PM
Chazoe, don't quit your day job! :lol:

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:44 PM

Go to any high school....those white kids hang out with those black kids and they call each other that 10+ times a day.

Buff
04-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Go to any high school....those white kids hang out with those black kids and they call each other that 10+ times a day.

I think you're wrong.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 01:45 PM
I think you're wrong.

I think she's absolutely right. It's certainly been my experience at least.

chazoe60
Chazoe, don't quit your day job! :lol:

My rap game is strong son

Nomad
You never know he could fall to us.

I'd have to take a few shots to numb myself:D

Rick
I think this is a non issue too, but on the flip side we are like 8 pages into a non issue...

Nomad
04-26-2018, 01:46 PM
I think this is a non issue too, but on the flip side we are like 8 pages into a non issue...

Draft day jitters

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:47 PM
I think you're wrong.

:laugh: I have a 23 year old, a 21 year old, a 20 year old and a 17 year old in my direct family, most weekends their friends and them stop by my house, I hear this shit all the time. My daughter is dating a black guy, I hear it all the time. One of the 23 year olds best friends is black, they call each other this all the time. ** Actually 2 of his best friends are black, and it's the same with all of them.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 01:47 PM

So you have zero facts to back what you're saying?

I'll give you this, you do projected moral outrage quite well. :2thumbs:

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:48 PM

Which goes back to my original post about today's social climate.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 01:49 PM
My rap game is strong son

No it's not cracka.

BroncoWave
I still stand by my stance that the person who decided to sit on these tweets and drop them the day of the draft is the real piece of shit in all this.

Northman
:laugh: I have a 23 year old, a 21 year old, a 20 year old and a 17 year old in my direct family, most weekends their friends and them stop by my house, I hear this shit all the time. My daughter is dating a black guy, I hear it all the time. One of the 23 year olds best friends is black, they call each other this all the time.

I think Buff my be a tad out of touch with teenagers today. Which is strange because he is a young guy himself.

Nomad
04-26-2018, 01:50 PM
Let's all take a deep breath................ok....carry on:D

Chillez
I still stand by my stance that the person who decided to sit on these tweets and drop them the day of the draft is the real piece of shit in all this.

Yeah a no name loser that wanted to get his name out there.

GEM

I think that is the MUCH BIGGER issue here.

Buff
04-26-2018, 01:51 PM
I ain't got nothing more to say on this topic. I will now go back to enjoying the draft day holiday.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 01:51 PM
I ain't got nothing more to say on this topic. I will now go back to enjoying the draft day holiday.

As we all should.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 01:52 PM

Peace out bro.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 01:52 PM

Thank you for taking your L and moving on buff. :)

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:53 PM

Quitter.....

chazoe60
Peace out bro.

This reminds me of a joke.

Do you know how to say goodbye to a flasher?

Piece out

Buff
Thank you for taking your L and moving on buff. :)

Yes, you should feel great about aligning with TX to defeat me on this issue. Back to the drawing board for me as it relates to opinions on race.

Northman
04-26-2018, 01:54 PM

Piece out

Post reported. That was sexual harassment.

GEM
04-26-2018, 01:55 PM
Yes, you should feel great about aligning with TX to defeat me on this issue. Back to the drawing board for me as it relates to opinions on race.

Wave and I were on the same side of an argument...I don't know how I feel about this. :laugh:

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 01:55 PM

:lol: No one aligned with me.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 01:56 PM
I think it's pretty apparent, I was the big winner in this thread.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Wave and I were on the same side of an argument...I don't know how I feel about this. :laugh:

This feels like it's an insult. I think I'll just go ahead and report this post to be safe. :D

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 01:58 PM
I think it's pretty apparent, I was the big winner in this thread.

Have you written your acceptance speech for the Grammys?

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 01:59 PM
i think it's pretty apparent, i was the big wiener in this thread.

ftfy :laugh:

Rick
04-26-2018, 02:00 PM

Piece out

I am ashamed to say that took me a long time to understand.

GEM
04-26-2018, 02:00 PM
This feels like it's an insult. I think I'll just go ahead and report this post to be safe. :D

:laugh: Joe just sent me a CYP.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 02:01 PM
Have you written your acceptance speech for the Grammys?

The Grammy's don't even have a category for my lyrical stylings.

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 02:06 PM

I bet almost every NFL team already knew this but just didn't make much of it. Could be one of them wanting him to fall....hope it wasnt us.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 02:09 PM
:laugh: Joe just sent me a CYP.

Joe, you aren't allowed to do things that make you likable...

That's freaking hilarious!

GEM
04-26-2018, 02:11 PM

It certainly was! :D

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 02:12 PM
I bet almost every NFL team already knew this but just didn't make much of it. Could be one of them wanting him to fall....hope it wasnt us.

The problem isn't that NFL teams knew or didn't know about it. The problem is the general public didn't know. Depending on the media spin (which hasn't been positive for Allen thus far) this hurts his perception with some fans.

Fan perception, not the perception of the NFL teams themselves, are what could cause Allen problems because some teams might avoid him to avoid fan backlash. Not saying that will for sure happen, but that's more likely to be a problem than just the teams knowing about it.

Poet
04-26-2018, 03:02 PM
If NFL players have an issue with it, then it is an issue for a GM to take into consideration. That makes it a legitimate story.

If a team did try to tank him, for whatever reason, then then that also makes it a legitimate story.

That was the literal point to all of this. We can debate the merits of those things (I think white people telling minorities how they should feel about these things isn't the best take), but I chimed in because of the notion of the media being the boogeyman here.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 04:21 PM

Well...I was just in prison an hour ago and all of the inmates think it's dumb and a nonstory...both the white and the black guys.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Well...I was just in prison an hour ago and all of the inmates think it's dumb and a nonstory...both the white and the black guys.

Glad to hear you escaped.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2018, 04:27 PM

I'm a very likable person IRL.

Poet
04-26-2018, 04:29 PM
I'm a very likable person IRL.

Drive through workers love you!

BroncoJoe
04-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Drive through workers love you!

LOL. I forgot about that.

Poet
04-26-2018, 04:31 PM
LOL. I forgot about that.

You went to Burger King!

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 04:38 PM
I'm a very punchabe person IRL.

Yes you are.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Yes you are.

You don't scare me. I have guns. Well, A gun. Sort of. It hasn't been cleaned or fired in years. And it's a .22

I'll still fight you in the face though!

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 04:47 PM
You don't scare me. I have guns. Well, A gun. Sort of. It hasn't been cleaned or fired in years. And it's a .22

I'll still fight you in the face though!
It may not look like it but my face has never lost a fight.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2018, 05:20 PM
It may not look like it but my face has never lost a fight.

I've seen your picture. You've lost more than a few...

:D

aberdien
04-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Those tweets are lame. As in they themselves are lame, but more importantly the potential outrage over them is lame. His tweets are normal for somebody of his age.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2018, 02:40 PM
Y’all don’t know Cleveland that well, if Allen was racist he’d be an instant fan favorite.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 01:48 PM
If NFL players have an issue with it, then it is an issue for a GM to take into consideration. That makes it a legitimate story.

If a team did try to tank him, for whatever reason, then then that also makes it a legitimate story.

That was the literal point to all of this. We can debate the merits of those things (I think white people telling minorities how they should feel about these things isn't the best take), but I chimed in because of the notion of the media being the boogeyman here.

All good points king, and I will add to it not only should white people not be telling minorities how to feel, but white people shouldn’t be telling white people how minorities should feel about it.

Poet
04-30-2018, 01:49 PM
All good points king, and I will add to it not only should white people not be telling minorities how to feel, but white people shouldn’t be telling whites people how minorities should feel about it.

I only fear two things, Al.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 01:50 PM
I only fear two things, Al.

One more year with TS and a world without red meat?

Poet
04-30-2018, 01:53 PM

Stairs and salads.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Stairs and salads.

Aaaah...

Davii
05-01-2018, 03:31 AM
Stairs and salads.

Both would, eventually, have you fearing nothing!

Cugel
05-01-2018, 07:45 AM

Forget the red meat, it's that Case Keenum gets injured and we have to see Paxton Lynch trotting onto the field as the starter for the rest of the season.

But, when I start to hyperventilate over that prospect, I remember that Chad Kelly is going to beat him out for the backup job anyway so that won't happen. All better now.

Rick
05-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Do we know if he's going to Cleveland yet?

Poet
05-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Both would, eventually, have you fearing nothing!

This is not true.

TXBRONC
05-01-2018, 04:35 PM
This is not true.

Trust Davii, the man knows what he's talking about.

Poet
05-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Trust Davii, the man knows what he's talking about.

He doesn't know what's in my soul, TX.

TXBRONC
05-01-2018, 04:46 PM
He doesn't know what's in my soul, TX.

He's led men into battle, he can help you.

Poet
05-01-2018, 04:51 PM
He's led men into battle, he can help you.

No one can help me - I'm a POS who deserves to die, TX.

BroncoJoe
05-01-2018, 04:52 PM
No one can help me - I'm a POS who deserves to die, TX.

I know people who can help you with that...

Poet
05-01-2018, 04:54 PM
I know people who can help you with that...

I've been stabbed, hit in the head with a baseball bat, and hit by a car. I'm guessing the old family curse on my father's side of dying in the mid to late 50's will kick in by then.

BroncoJoe
05-01-2018, 04:55 PM
I've been stabbed, hit in the head with a baseball bat, and hit by a car. I'm guessing the old family curse on my father's side of dying in the mid to late 50's will kick in by then.

Wait - you were stabbed?

This might deserve a lounge thread.

Poet
05-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Wait - you were stabbed?

This might deserve a lounge thread.

I hated being in juvie.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-01-2018, 05:11 PM
I hated being in juvie.

I knew you seemed familiar.

Poet
05-01-2018, 05:12 PM
I knew you seemed familiar.

You're a warden, right?

SmilinAssasSin27
05-01-2018, 05:12 PM
You're a warden, right?

Not yet...i manage housing units.

Poet
05-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Not yet...i manage housing units.

There are good kids there.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-01-2018, 05:14 PM
There are good kids there.

Some misguided. Some poor decision makers. Some addicts. A lot of evil doers. And way too may touchers for my taste.