Round 2, No. 40
Round 3, No. 71
Round 3, No. 99 (compensatory)
Round 4, No. 106
Round 4, No. 113 (from Redskins)
Round 5, No. 149 (from Redskins)
Round 5, No. 160 (from Rams)

Who will they take?
More importantly who here will get really excited about an UFA rookie only to forget about him 3 days later?

Go Broncos!

MOtorboat
04-25-2018, 09:42 PM
:subscribe:

Poet
04-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Break neck studying right now and tomorrow so I can stop for the draft and enjoy it.

BroncoWave
04-25-2018, 09:44 PM
I'm just here for the meltdowns.

Poet
04-25-2018, 09:50 PM

I'm here to provide them.

spikerman
04-25-2018, 09:56 PM
I’m hitting the road at 0700 tomorrow to head for Jerry World.

WARHORSE
04-25-2018, 10:34 PM
If both Chubb and Saquon are gone by number 5, that means there will be 2 of the top 4 QBs left.

Now if you're a team looking to trade up, you might now think you don't have to give Denver a cache of picks to get at least one of the 2 guys left over.......which is why

Denver should take the top QB left on their board no matter what. Then teams that thought they were smart will get desperate.

Denver could still sell the pick to the highest bidder.

Also.....Im sure no one has forgotten.....especially Buffalo......that Denver has one ChaD "DOO RAG" Kelly on our roster. If Buffalo is left out in the cold.....it is what it is.

If Cleveland takes Baker....which I think theres a good chance.....then that probably means Allen is there at 5 and Buffalo creams themselves, giving up the house to get him.

Very interesting draft.

If Denver takes any other player at 5 other than Saquon, Chubb or one of the QBs, then I would say Elway screwed up.

Nelson is not a sure thing any more than one of the QBs, so if youre going to swing, swing with the most valuable player on the board.

Saquon I think is a trade up prospect for Elway but he wont get a bite. Barkley is not only a stud.....he's a 6' stud that does it all.

Jsteve01
04-25-2018, 11:01 PM
Happy birthday War. As usual we will both be spending our birthdays on one of our annual highlights. It's hilarious I told my ex-wife I was busy this weekend and she knew immediately what I was talking about even though we haven't been married for years

DenBronx
04-25-2018, 11:17 PM
Whatever happens then at least we won't be waiting for long and the rest of the 1st round will be us wondering if Denver will try and trade back into the 1st for someone.

This should be a fun draft no matter what, unless we pick Rosen at 5. Then that will suck.

Poet
04-25-2018, 11:35 PM
Drafting Rosen would be glorious. But there are other picks of glory, too.

Chillez
04-26-2018, 12:09 AM

Me too. :lol:

aberdien
04-26-2018, 12:26 AM
I officially want us to trade back, get 2 first round picks, and draft an OL + Lamar Jackson.

Make it happen dudes.

WARHORSE
04-26-2018, 12:46 AM
Happy birthday War. As usual we will both be spending our birthdays on one of our annual highlights. It's hilarious I told my ex-wife I was busy this weekend and she knew immediately what I was talking about even though we haven't been married for years

Wow...you too?

Every year...."What do you want to do?"

"Watch the draft"

lol

WARHORSE
04-26-2018, 12:47 AM
I officially want us to trade back, get 2 first round picks, and draft an OL + Lamar Jackson.

Make it happen dudes.

Id rather have a first next year from Buffalo, Miami or Arizona in a trade down.

We could end up with the first pick in the draft.

GEM
04-26-2018, 12:53 AM
Hides behind the couch. ...I don't have an ounce of confidence in any of these qb's.

There, I said it.

Jsteve01
04-26-2018, 12:56 AM
Hides behind the couch. ...I don't have an ounce of confidence in any of these qb's.

There, I said it.

That's why the 5th pick could have a ton of value if no one trades with Cleveland. I think next year's class could be just as good as this and we will have a year under our belts with Keenum so as to know whether we really should draft another quarterback or not. Also factor in another season with Musgrave and we'll have a little better idea what the young guys really have to offer. I would much rather see Chubb Nelson or a trade down for Smith or Edmonds

GEM
04-26-2018, 12:57 AM
That's why the 5th pick could have a ton of value if no one trades with Cleveland. I think next year's class could be just as good as this and we will have a year under our belts with Keenum so as to know whether we really should draft another quarterback or not. Also factor in another season with Musgrave and we'll have a little better idea what the young guys really have to offer. I would much rather see Chubb Nelson or a trade down for Smith or Edmonds

I don't want Chubb, he doesn't fit our d. Outstanding player, but if he don't fit the scheme, he'll just be a wasted pick shipped off in a couple years.

GEM
04-26-2018, 12:58 AM
And Cleveland will **** it up, they **** up everything they do.

Poet
04-26-2018, 01:04 AM
I don't want Chubb, he doesn't fit our d. Outstanding player, but if he don't fit the scheme, he'll just be a wasted pick shipped off in a couple years.

So there are a few defensive wrinkles (one that Phillip runs) where they will put guys like Chubb on the line and get some production, as well as linebacker sets/plays for him, too. It could be done, imo.

GEM
04-26-2018, 06:15 AM
So there are a few defensive wrinkles (one that Phillip runs) where they will put guys like Chubb on the line and get some production, as well as linebacker sets/plays for him, too. It could be done, imo.

Why draft a square peg for a round hole when we have so many other needs. Unnecessary.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2018, 06:16 AM
Time for my annual lament that the draft isn't conducted on one Sat-Sun weekend with three rounds the first day and four the next afternoon. Maybe if the ratings tank like the regular season, the NFL will relent and go back to the old way.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 06:48 AM
I'm here to provide them.

If nothing else King you are consistent.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 06:49 AM
Hard to know what's real and what's smoke, but the prevailing thought as the draft got closer is that the first four picks will be (usually in this order, but not always) Darnold, Barkley, Mayfield, Chubb. Considering we were allegedly interested in three of those guys, the rumors of us trading down in that scenario have some merit.

I hope the Browns do something dumb like take Allen first, or the Jets take Rosen instead of Mayfield (the local Jets beat writer seems to think so).

I'm on record that we need a QB. I would really consider Rosen if he's there, but it sounds like we have no interest.

Either way, this draft should be riveting. Can't wait till tonight.

Nomad
04-26-2018, 07:22 AM
Nelson train here. Be smart, John.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 08:10 AM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/989481309197225984?s=21

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 08:20 AM

Not necessarily GEM. Jadeveon Clowney was a rush end in college and moved to outside linebacker when Texans drafted him. I don't watch a lot Texans games so I don't know how he utilized but I from say that his production has continued to increase over the last three years. If Denver drafted Chubb then they better find a way to use utilize his skills. Whose says that pass rushing defensive end can't be used in a 3-4 defense. Rulon Jones had descent career a 3-4 defensive end and he was by no means a typical 3-4 end even in that day. Bruce Smith had a Hall of Fame career a pass rushing defensive end in 3-4 defense.

At any rate I don't think Denver is going to draft him if available, and I bet he's gone at either pick two or four.

Rick
04-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Round 1, No. 5
Round 2, No. 40
Round 3, No. 71
Round 3, No. 99 (compensatory)
Round 4, No. 106
Round 4, No. 113 (from Redskins)
Round 5, No. 149 (from Redskins)
Round 5, No. 160 (from Rams)

Who will they take?
More importantly who here will get really excited about an UFA rookie only to forget about him 3 days later?

Go Broncos!

More importantly who will get really excited about a first round pick only to call him a bust 3 days later.

Chillez
04-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Nelson train here. Be smart, John.

I’m with you on this one.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Although I chalked it up to liar season yesterday...the feeling out this way this morning is that it will indeed be Mayfield #1. We'll know soon enough.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 09:05 AM
I will be shocked if Mayfield makes it past the Jets at 3.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 09:06 AM

I'm not feeling next year's QBs at all. Nor the RBs. If we aren't sure about CK...get 1 this week.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 09:09 AM

If we can’t fit a super talented player on our team because of “scheme”, then that’s a problem

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 09:11 AM
If we can’t fit a super talented player on our team because of “scheme”, then that’s a problem

Exactly. A good coach will fit his scheme around a talented player. Wait, shit, we probably shouldn't draft Chubb then! :lol:

Chillez
04-26-2018, 09:14 AM
And Cleveland will **** it up, they **** up everything they do.

Watch Cleveland draft two QB. :lol:

Chillez
04-26-2018, 09:16 AM

Yup good coaches know how to fit their best players regardless of scheme and system.

GEM
04-26-2018, 09:21 AM
Exactly. A good coach will fit his scheme around a talented player. Wait, shit, we probably shouldn't draft Chubb then! :lol:

Lol...good coach. See the problem?

I responded before seeing the tail end of your comment. Exactly!

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 09:29 AM

Certainly my biggest current concern about this team!

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 09:29 AM
So I'm listening to mcshay on the russillo podcast, and he seems pretty sure Denver has 3 things could do at 5. He said their top player is Chubb. If Chubb is gone, the only QB they'd pick at 5 is Mayfield, who they really like. If both are gone he thinks they'll look to trade back, likely with buffalo. He didn't mention Nelson at all. Could all be a smokescreen by us, but interesting stuff.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 09:46 AM
So I'm listening to mcshay on the russillo podcast, and he seems pretty sure Denver has 3 things could do at 5. He said their top player is Chubb. If Chubb is gone, the only QB they'd pick at 5 is Mayfield, who they really like. If both are gone he thinks they'll look to trade back, likely with buffalo. He didn't mention Nelson at all. Could all be a smokescreen by us, but interesting stuff.

To follow up, he thinks we'll most likely take Ward if Chubb and Mayfield are gone.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 10:03 AM

Multiple reports in this last week said we like Mayfield, Darnold and Chubb. If they’re all gone, we want to trade back and hopefully fleece a team

CoachChaz
04-26-2018, 10:09 AM
I'm not feeling next year's QBs at all. Nor the RBs. If we aren't sure about CK...get 1 this week.

Might be too late to "not be sure" about Keenum. If we weren't sure, we probably shouldn't have guaranteed him 25 million.

That being said, I think you'll feel a little better about next years QB's once they start playing this fall. I think another 4-5 get drafted in round 1 next year.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Looking like MOfield is going to the Browns. Mo will be so disappointed. I'm guessing Allen drops out of the top 10 thanks to his tweets (I don't personally care about them, but the media is making a big deal about it, it's likely to impact his draft , even if it shouldn't.

We may end up losing out on Chubb or Barkley since I'm guessing the Giants will now take one and the Browns likely won't find a trade partner with no one wanting allen.

I'm guessing at this point that we draft Nelson, a corner or trade back with the Bills.

Nomad
04-26-2018, 10:19 AM
I miss when Adam Schefter was in-the-know of the Broncos circle.

Chillez
04-26-2018, 10:45 AM
I miss when Adam Schefter was in-the-know of the Broncos circle.

Likewise!

Rick
04-26-2018, 10:48 AM
I can see MO becoming a Browns fan soon.

MasterShake
04-26-2018, 10:55 AM
I don't know jack shit about College football, scouting, or anything else. I just know that we had a horrible season last year and so help me god if they trade down. You get a Top 5 pick you better get the best player you can! Otherwise I don't care what they do. I would love Barkley if he's there, but that is only based on hype that I've heard to be honest. I'm not sold on any of the QBs but if they take one I hope they have a plan for him that actually works, even if it's just sitting for a year until you shove them out there.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-26-2018, 11:28 AM
I think trading down is the wrong move. Drafting outside the top 10 and getting another late first or second rounder is just one more pick to waste on a guy who is more likely to be Sambrailo, Hillman, Brosweiler, Rahim Moore, Cody Lattimer, etc etc etc than a Von Miller...

Take the best guy for the value at 5 and roll with it. At this point, I’d rather take Nelson (who I think is bad value at 5) than trade down for more JAGs. If we have a shot at the QB we like or Chubb or Barkley, pull the trigger. We can’t afford to **** this up. IMO trading down is ******* it up.

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Agree, I think trading down is a huge mistake.

Poet
04-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Rosen time!

Jsteve01
04-26-2018, 11:52 AM
Agree, I think trading down is a huge mistake.

If two qb slide there will be a bdding war and we will be the benefactors. There is still a ton of potential pro bowl talent from 11 to 15. Think Vea or Edmunds or smith or james

Rick
04-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Lots of holes on this team. Trading back and staying in the top 15 while accumulating more picks isn't a bad thing.

kenoy28
04-26-2018, 12:13 PM
Someone on NFL Network said yesterday that Rosen is the best QB to come out since Elway. I have yet to find anyone knock anything on him in regard to his ability on the field. I'd be just fine with a Rosen pick--even if it pisses off Chris Harris. Chub and Barkely will both be gone

dogfish
04-26-2018, 12:13 PM
what's good, peeps?

:beer:

Ziggy
04-26-2018, 12:16 PM
As much as I love Nelson, I'm hoping Elway swings a deal with the Giants for Darnold. Also, have any of the "let's trade down for more picks" crowd looked at Elway's track record for 2nd and 3rd round picks? It's scary bad. Either trade up and get the QBOTF, or stay at 5 and take a stud like Nelson or Chubb.

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 12:16 PM
what's good, peeps?

What's good my n.....my neighbor

Poet
04-26-2018, 12:18 PM
what's good, peeps?

My man, I'm going to have a good ass night!

Ziggy
04-26-2018, 12:18 PM
Someone on NFL Network said yesterday that Rosen is the best QB to come out since Elway. I have yet to find anyone knock anything on him in regard to his ability on the field. I'd be just fine with a Rosen pick--even if it pisses off Christ Harris. Chub and Barkely will both be gone

Rosen is the best pure passer in this draft. His problem is attitude and injury concerns. He had 2 concussions last season, and has had shoulder surgery already. He might be a stud, or he might be the love child of Jay Cutler and San Bradford.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 12:21 PM
Rosen would be a poor fit here. One of his issues is that he thinks he's smarter than his coaches, which here would probably be true and would create friction.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 12:22 PM

Keep your playtime habits to yourself King...

:D

Freyaka
Rosen would be a poor fit here. One of his issues is that he thinks he's smarter than his coaches, which here would probably be true and would create friction.

Outside of Musgrave, there isn't a lot of "probably" here, he is.

Poet
Keep your playtime habits to yourself King...

:D

Oh no! What have I done!

Buff
04-26-2018, 12:25 PM
https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/989553688422203392

dogfish
04-26-2018, 12:27 PM
1. browns - darnold
2. giants - chubb
3. jets - rosen
4. bills - allen
5. donkeys - barkley

#Dogstradamus
#MarkIt8Dude

Poet
04-26-2018, 12:29 PM
1. browns - darnold
2. giants - chubb
3. jets - rosen
4. bills - allen
5. donkeys - barkley

#Dogstradamus
#MarkIt8Dude

This boy bold!

Rick
04-26-2018, 12:31 PM
I would have no issues with Barkley at all.

Would not hurt my feelings to have 2 explosive backs in Barkley and Henderson. The sprinkle in the decent running and good pass catching of Booker.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 12:31 PM
If Barkley is still there at our pick, he's my personal choice, but I've kind of changed my order in who I want after him. I think if it's not Barkley, I'd take Ward at #5 put him in the nickle with Harris/Roby playing outside.

kenoy28
04-26-2018, 12:32 PM

That was an issue with Elway and Manning as well. I'm fine with that.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 12:34 PM

Do you have your comfort food ready i.e. bacon just in case things don't go the way you would like them to go?

Poet
04-26-2018, 12:34 PM

I don't think VJ is long for this franchise anyway. I know we aren't taking him, but I'm keeping the hope alive, Wave.

Poet
04-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Do you have your comfort food ready i.e. bacon just in case things don't go the way would like them to go?

If we take a QB, I think the prospects here are more than viable, so I'd be happy.

If we take Nelson, while I think that's a reach for a guard, he might be the exception to the rule, and it's still a really good pick. If we take Ward, that's the top corner. Barkley could be a generational player, Chubb might be the best player in the draft, etc. If we trade back, as long as the haul is good enough, I'd be okay with that as well.

We would have to do something insanely awful for me to be unhappy.

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 12:38 PM
That was an issue with Elway and Manning as well. I'm fine with that.

I don't reccall Elway thinking he was smarter than Reeves. They butted heads because Reeves to bullheaded to get Elway the personnel and offensive system that was better suited to his talent.

Rick
04-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Thinking back on Elway when he did finally get his weapons to win a super bowl it is crazy thinking on how lucky we got in finding those weapons.

Journeyman turned star Ed McCaffrey.
Undrafted Rod Smith
7th round pick Shannon Sharpe.
6th round draft pick Terrell Davis.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 12:49 PM
As much as I love Nelson, I'm hoping Elway swings a deal with the Giants for Darnold. Also, have any of the "let's trade down for more picks" crowd looked at Elway's track record for 2nd and 3rd round picks? It's scary bad. Either trade up and get the QBOTF, or stay at 5 and take a stud like Nelson or Chubb.

I was just texting my buddy about this. Think about it - if the Giants really aren’t taking a QB, they can get Barkley or Chubb at five in this scenario and we get Darnold. I’m in

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 12:51 PM
1. browns - darnold
2. giants - chubb
3. jets - rosen
4. bills - allen
5. donkeys - barkley

#Dogstradamus
#MarkIt8Dude

Everything is pointing to Mayfield at one right now

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 12:53 PM
If we take a QB, I think the prospects here are more than viable, so I'd be happy.

If we take Nelson, while I think that's a reach for a guard, he might be the exception to the rule, and it's still a really good pick. If we take Ward, that's the top corner. Barkley could be a generational player, Chubb might be the best player in the draft, etc. If we trade back, as long as the haul is good enough, I'd be okay with that as well.

We would have to do something insanely awful for me to be unhappy.

I just want you to be happy King. But should things go sides ways, I here to talk you off the ledge and three slabs of crispy bacon in hand. :nod:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2018, 12:54 PM
James Palmer reporting from Denver yesterday

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000928550/Palmer-says-Elway-has-favorite-QB-atop-draft-It-looks-that-way-it-does&icampaign=%22search-video-james+palmer%22

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 12:57 PM
I just want you to be happy King. But should things go sides ways, I here to talk you off the ledge and three slabs of crispy bacon in hand. :nod:

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 12:58 PM
James Palmer reporting from Denver yesterday

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000928550/Palmer-says-Elway-has-favorite-QB-atop-draft-It-looks-that-way-it-does&icampaign=%22search-video-james+palmer%22

Don't tease me like that Carol. :eyebrows:

WARHORSE
04-26-2018, 01:02 PM
If Denver does not have a deal in place by the time the clock runs out at 5.....and Barkley and Chubb are gone......then you take the top QB on your board no matter what.

There will still be multiple suitors willing to give up the house.

Pull an Eli.

kenoy28
04-26-2018, 01:11 PM
I'm kinda on the anybody but Sam Darnold train right now. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan, so there may be some bias against him, but he never scared me when we played against them. He didn't seem to be any better than anyone else we played over the years. After watching USC closely the past 15ish years, Darnold has always looked a step below the other SC QBs...Palmer, Leinart, Barkley, and Sanchez. Those four guys scared me far more than Darnold when the Irish played USC. This year, he was particularly unimpressive against us and our secondary was pretty bad.

kenoy28
04-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Also, being an Irish fan, I can tell you that both McClinchey and Nelson are as good as advertised. They made an average running back move into the Heisman conversation. My dream scenario if Chubb and Barkley are both gone is to nab Nelson and trade back into the late first and get McClinchey. Keep those two together on the left side and move the Mormon guy (I'm blanking on his name and too lazy to google it) to the right side

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 01:34 PM
https://twitter.com/milehighreport/status/989572676225204224?s=21

MOtorboat
04-26-2018, 01:40 PM
So they could stand pat and take Nelson, but instead they're going to **** around to get this guy. Awesome.

It's probably not true at this point in the game, at least.

Rick
04-26-2018, 01:43 PM

Report:

So do 31 other teams lol

Nomad
04-26-2018, 01:43 PM
So they could stand pat and take Nelson, but instead they're going to **** around to get this guy. Awesome.

Lose out on either one, I'd be highly disappointed.

Take the safe pick, John. Take Nelson. TIA.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 01:57 PM
https://twitter.com/lancezierlein/status/989574571379515392?s=21

GEM
04-26-2018, 02:14 PM

I'd have no friggen issue trading back, loading up and taking that mean sumbitch! :D

GEM
04-26-2018, 02:15 PM

He has the personality of a Nalen. Mean and he will move mother******s.

Ziggy
04-26-2018, 02:18 PM
He has the personality of a Nalen. Mean and he will move mother******s.

Not to mention, the Broncos have all the inside on Hernandez. His former head coach is now our Oline coach.

GEM
I love draft day...it's like an adults Christmas morning. :D

Freyaka

There is a drop off between Nelson and Hernandez, but Hernandez is still solid starting quality. We trade back and we could grab someone to anchor the defense like Vita Vea and on offense Hernandez. Would you rather have improvements at one position or two? I have no issue trading back for a lesser (but still solid) o-line player if it means adding other players that will contribute.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 02:20 PM
I have a feeling we draft Chubb or Nelson. I just think Elway is going to play this one safe and draft a guy he knows will play at a high level right away. I think we draft Lauletta or Rudolph in round 2 or 3 to be our QBOTF.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 02:22 PM
I have a feeling we draft Chubb or Nelson. I just think Elway is going to play this one safe and draft a guy he knows will play at a high level right away. I think we draft Lauletta or Rudolph in round 2 or 3 to be our QBOTF.

I agree with your QB assessment, that's kinda been my gut of late as well. I'd rather have Ward at this time than Chubb or Nelson, but if Barkley is there, give me Barkley!

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 02:31 PM
I agree with your QB assessment, that's kinda been my gut of late as well. I'd rather have Ward at this time than Chubb or Nelson, but if Barkley is there, give me Barkley!

I can not for the life of me understand why anyone would want Ward over Chubb or Nelson. If Elway drafts a CB with #5 then he's just trying to set some kind of record for drafting CBs. How many have we drafted in the last five years? It seems like we've drafted 2 a year minimum.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 02:33 PM
I can not for the life of me understand why anyone would want Ward over Chubb or Nelson. If Elway drafts a CB with #5 then he's just trying to set some kind of record for drafting CBs. How many have we drafted in the last five years? It seems like we've drafted 2 a year minimum.

Ward is a hell of a good nickle QB. Chris Harris played nickle most of last year and desperately wants to move back outside, to do that, we've gotta find a solid replacement at nickle. I'm not positive we have that on this team and Ward would do that in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind Chubb, I don't want to draft a guard that high.

If Nelson is the pick, I'd rather we trade back and grab someone like Vita Vea and Hernandez.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 02:39 PM
You don't use the ******* 5th pick on a nickel CB.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 02:41 PM
You don't use the ******* 5th pick on a nickel CB.

You don't use it on a freaking guard either....

TXBRONC
04-26-2018, 02:42 PM

We drafted Simmons and Parks two years ago but they're safeties, and other than Roby I can't think of any other cornerbacks Denver has drafted in recently.

dogfish
04-26-2018, 02:47 PM

nelson or chubb is the right pick. . .

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 02:50 PM
We drafted Simmons and Parks two years ago but they're safeties, and other than Roby I can't think of any other cornerbacks Denver has drafted in recently.

Langley in the third last year, didn't draft one in 2016, Doss, Nixon and Furman (Doss was 5th round, the other two were 7th)

So no, we haven't invested any pick higher than a 3rd on a corner in the last 3 years. Drafting lots of corners doesn't mean a dang thing when they are late round corners who don't make the team...

dogfish

they did spend a 3 on langley last year, but he showed zero signs of being ready. . . ward wouldn't be my first choice at five, but i could live with it. . . i'd probably be more amenable to a DB if we could move back a few spots and grab fitzpatrick or james. . .

i'm glad this speculation is almost over. . . just get it right, broncos. . .

:defense:

chazoe60

Langley
Doss
Nixon
Furman
Roby
Webster
Bolden
Carter

G_Money
04-26-2018, 02:51 PM
I've said before that I can see the worth in trading back for Vita Vea and Hernandez instead of staying at 5 for Nelson (or someone else), but I'm still afraid of winding up with something like Vander Esch and Calvin Ridley. The guys I want seem to have enough helium to make them hard to bet on at the positions Denver might have if they move back.

Buff
04-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Chubb seems likelier today than he has for weeks because of this Baker Mayfield stuff. If Darnold is around at #4 you've gotta think someone is trading up to get him as opposed to Cleveland staying there to take Chubb.

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 02:57 PM
nelson or chubb is the right pick. . .

I completely agree

I will be disappointed if we walk away from tonight with anyone other than one of those guys.

If we draft a QB, I get it. Basically an NFL team without a franchise QB is like an NBA team without a superstar or a baseball team with a shitty pitching staff. So if Elway keeps going to that well until he gets it right I will understand, but anything other than Chubb, Nelson or going for the fences with a QB is a complete mistake IMHO.

dogfish
04-26-2018, 03:02 PM
I've said before that I can see the worth in trading back for Vita Vea and Hernandez instead of staying at 5 for Nelson (or someone else), but I'm still afraid of winding up with something like Vander Esch and Calvin Ridley. The guys I want seem to have enough helium to make them hard to bet on at the positions Denver might have if they move back.

this is my concern as well. . . i'm okay with moving back under the right circumstances, but i do fear moving too far, and not landing the type of talent we covet with our first pick. . . guys like isaiah wynn, vander esch, isaiah olliver, harold landry, daron payne, josh jackson, etc are fine. . . but don't pass on a chubb, nelson, barkley level talent and settle for one of the latter. . . if we do move back, anything past twelve would be too far for my taste. . . unless the compensation package is overwhelming. . . but past twelve, and you really risk getting into the second tier talent, IMO. . .

they better be ready for anything-- this one has all the makings of a wild one. . . as a fan, i love the uncertainty. . . should be a fun ride, if nothing else!

Rick
04-26-2018, 03:02 PM
I completely agree

I will be disappointed if we walk away from tonight with anyone other than one of those guys.

If we draft a QB, I get it. Basically an NFL team without a franchise QB is like an NBA team without a superstar or a baseball team with a shitty pitching staff. So if Elway keeps going to that well until he gets it right I will understand, but anything other than Chubb, Nelson or going for the fences with a QB is a complete mistake IMHO.

You just described all 3 Denver sports teams :(

dogfish
04-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Chubb seems likelier today than he has for weeks

i still think the G-men take him @ 2, but i am kinda getting that vibe a bit as well. . .

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 03:04 PM
You just described all 3 Denver sports teams :(

The Broncos have three teams?

Nomad
04-26-2018, 03:04 PM
What time is all this fun gonna start?

Rick
04-26-2018, 03:05 PM
Typo that I apparently didn't fix quick enough :)

Rick
04-26-2018, 03:06 PM
what time is all this fun gonna start?

8pm est

Buff
04-26-2018, 03:11 PM
It all comes down to whether we stay at #5 or trade with Buffalo. Klis has said if we stay at 5 it will be one of six players: Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Chubb, Barkley or Nelson.

If we trade back we'll be targeting: Raquon Smith, linebacker, Georgia; Tremaine Edmunds, linebacker, Virginia Tech; Denzel Ward, cornerback, Ohio State; D.J. Clark, receiver, LSU.

Honestly - Allen seems like the only disastrous pick out of this bunch.

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 03:14 PM
It all comes down to whether we stay at #5 or trade with Buffalo. Klis has said if we stay at 5 it will be one of six players: Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Chubb, Barkley or Nelson.

If we trade back we'll be targeting: Raquon Smith, linebacker, Georgia; Tremaine Edmunds, linebacker, Virginia Tech; Denzel Ward, cornerback, Ohio State; D.J. Clark, receiver, LSU.

Yea, basically, as long as it isn't allen, we're drafting a winner this year.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 03:20 PM
If Darnold is around at #4 you've gotta think someone is trading up to get him

Yeah, hopefully us in that scenario

Rick
04-26-2018, 03:25 PM
If we take a QB in the first, and especially if we trade up for one, you will see more of this from PL soon...

https://images1.westword.com/imager/u/745xauto/9731527/paxton.lynch.crying.jpg

BroncoJoe
04-26-2018, 03:26 PM
I'm anxious to welcome the newest Broncos player to the family!

I don't really care who it is.

Ziggy
04-26-2018, 03:26 PM
It's starting to sound like the Mayfield thing is a bluff. This has to be the most mysterious draft I've ever seen. It's gonna be a great night!

chazoe60
04-26-2018, 03:27 PM
If we take a QB in the first, and especially if we trade up for one, you will see more of this from PL soon...

But, at least it will be on some other team's sideline.

VonDoom
04-26-2018, 03:35 PM
It's starting to sound like the Mayfield thing is a bluff. This has to be the most mysterious draft I've ever seen. It's gonna be a great night!

I don’t know, a lot of people are saying Mayfield. I know Rapoport just disputed it but it’s hard to know what’s real right now

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 03:44 PM

i like smith, edmunds and ward.

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 03:45 PM

will be even worse when Chad Kelly beats him out in TC

Buff
04-26-2018, 04:31 PM
I don’t know, a lot of people are saying Mayfield. I know Rapoport just disputed it but it’s hard to know what’s real right now

Rapsheet is aggressively unreliable. He's already back pedaling from his report. Betting markets have Mayfield going #1 now. I think it's happening.

Chillez
04-26-2018, 04:42 PM
Anyone else see this. https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Report-NFL-execs-agents-believe-Broncos-draft-Notre-Dame-OG-Quenton-Nelson-117717163?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180426_161429_Denver%20Broncos%20News letter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=03-6C-C1-16-51-DC-59-7A-C0-96-7F-A3-AB-F2-A5-FD180426_161429DenverBroncosNewsletter

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 04:45 PM
Anyone else see this. https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Report-NFL-execs-agents-believe-Broncos-draft-Notre-Dame-OG-Quenton-Nelson-117717163?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180426_161429_Denver%20Broncos%20News letter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=03-6C-C1-16-51-DC-59-7A-C0-96-7F-A3-AB-F2-A5-FD180426_161429DenverBroncosNewsletter

I would no longer be flacid

Poet
04-26-2018, 04:53 PM
It'll be what it'll be.

Rick
04-26-2018, 04:55 PM
I just got bummed :(

I work remote for a company on the east coast and keep my work machine on EST time. I live here in Colorado currently and I know the draft is 6pm mountain time.

Moment of excitement looking at the time on my computer and seeing almost 6 then the crushing remembrance of wrong time zone :(

CoachChaz
04-26-2018, 04:58 PM

Works for me

Chillez
04-26-2018, 04:59 PM
I would no longer be flacid

I actually hope Nelson is the pick we haven’t had elite offensive lineman in how many years. Nelson is once in generation type talent that comes around once a decade.

Poet
04-26-2018, 05:03 PM
I just want to have hope again. I don't have hope with this roster, even if CK plays at a good level.

CoachChaz
04-26-2018, 05:03 PM
I actually hope Nelson is the pick we haven’t had elite offensive lineman in how many years. Nelson is once in generation type talent that comes around once a decade.

Probably the best guard...or lineman in general...that has come out in a LONG time. Interesting thing I read from some NFL personnel. If he was a tackle, there would be absolutely NO argument that he'd be the #1 overall pick.

Chillez
04-26-2018, 05:05 PM
Probably the best guard...or lineman in general...that has come out in a LONG time. Interesting thing I read from some NFL personnel. If he was a tackle, there would be absolutely NO argument that he'd be the #1 overall pick.

Agreed if Nelson was LT for example no doubt he would be first pick.

Poet
04-26-2018, 05:09 PM

A few years ago Jonathan Cooper was listed as the greatest guard prospect ever. He's been a massive flop in the NFL. With all that hype around him, he didn't go top five. I'm hoping that if we do take a guard that we aren't saddled with a similar situation.

FanInAZ
04-26-2018, 05:37 PM
Here's the final assessment the biggest needs that the "experts"* believe we have:

NFL.com: CB, LB, OL, TE & WR https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks?pick=5
ESPN: OG, RB, WR, CB & OLB http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/name/den/denver-broncos
CBS Sports: WR, G, TE, RB https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/
Fox & NBC Sports are just linking people over to NFL.com

Note: Contrary to popular opinion on this site, none of the "experts"* think that QB is a high need for us.

*Those who are paid the big bucks to prove they don't actually know what they're talking about, whereas we all do it for free :D

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 05:48 PM
wow dallas has like nobody even there.

Philly draft last year was alot better so far.

They need to host draft in Denver.

Rick
04-26-2018, 05:59 PM
ESPN saying OLB?

Unless it is top 5 pick Chubb, I don't think OLBer is a need with Von, Ray and Shaq.

If Chubb is there...fine.

Now ILBer I could agree with.

FanInAZ
04-26-2018, 06:04 PM

Philadelphia's was outdoors, so there was more reasons for people to show up then with it being held indoors.

Chillez
04-26-2018, 06:10 PM

Hosting Denver would be great.

Northman
04-26-2018, 06:22 PM
So far the word is Mayfield will go #1 and Barkley will go #2 to the Giants. At least that is what is being reported on NFL Network so far.

FanInAZ
04-26-2018, 06:24 PM
So far the word is Mayfield will go #1 and Barkley will go #2 to the Giants. At least that is what is being reported on NFL Network so far.

ESPN is also saying Mayfield will go #1, but there's been no discussion about #2.

Northman
04-26-2018, 06:26 PM
ESPN is also saying Mayfield will go #1, but there's been no discussion about #2.

Yea, some chick was just talking on NFLN and stated the Giants really like Barkley but none of the rumors are in stone yet.

Poet
04-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Draft day is fun.

FanInAZ
04-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Yea, some chick was just talking on NFLN and stated the Giants really like Barkley but none of the rumors are in stone yet.

But, but, her "inside source" is a janitor who overheard 10 seconds of an hour long discussion between the GM & HC. It must be true :D

Nomad
04-26-2018, 06:33 PM
I lost the battle for the TV, is there a site to follow the draft? Doesn't have to be live

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 06:34 PM
I lost the battle for the TV, is there a site to follow the draft? Doesn't have to be live

Fight harder.

Get sling tv free trial and watch on your tablet

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 06:35 PM

I think its free on nfl.com. They are broadcasting the red carpet live right now.

FanInAZ
04-26-2018, 06:37 PM

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 06:40 PM
How to watch or stream the nfl draft.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/4/26/17283272/nfl-draft-start-time-2018?utm_campaign=milehighreport&utm_content=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 06:45 PM
the anthem before the draft now?

NFL trying so hard to win back the anti Kap people lol

MOtorboat
04-26-2018, 06:46 PM
the anthem before the draft now?

NFL trying so hard to win back the anti Kap people lol

They’ve done the anthem for years at the draft.

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 06:47 PM
They’ve done the anthem for years at the draft.

i guess i just never noticed it before lol

Buff
04-26-2018, 06:48 PM
Lord help us if we trade up to #2 and draft Josh Allen as Rap Sheet just suggested.

BroncoWave
Rapoport just reported we're trying to trade up to 2.

ShaneFalco
Oh snap

aberdien
04-26-2018, 06:49 PM
wtf

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Damn, hope it's for Barkley

But I suspect Darnold.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Damn, hope it's for Barkley

But I suspect Darnold.

He reported it's for a QB.

aberdien
If we trade up to 2 and it's not for Darnold or Rosen then lol

ShaneFalco
i really hope that isnt true

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 06:52 PM
It could only be for Darnold, right?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 06:52 PM
I'm still not sure they shouldn't gamble that they like someone different than the Jets do.

Buff
04-26-2018, 06:54 PM
It could only be for Darnold, right?

That's what we have to hope.

Nomad
04-26-2018, 06:54 PM
I sure hope Elway is throwing out some serious smokescreen. There's not a player in this draft worth moving up for, especially none of these QBs

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 06:55 PM
Watch them trade up to #2 for Allen

Freyaka
04-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Moving up to two

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 06:58 PM
Well it's trying to trade to 2 definitely confirms one thing.... we are moving on from PL. So for anyone who's still convinced maybe he could still develop.... there you go.

ShaneFalco
https://media.tenor.com/images/450c3ca9383c210e710570aa1d2e65fa/tenor.gif

DenBronx
If we trade up to 2 and it's not for Darnold or Rosen then lol

Rosen? Wtf

He has some loose screws.

Northman
04-26-2018, 06:59 PM
Well it's trying to trade to 2 definitely confirms one thing.... we are moving on from PL. So for anyone who's still convinced maybe he could still develop.... there you go.

Lynch could still be retained.

Buff
Renck says it would be for Darnold if we go to #2.

DenBronx
Watch them trade up to #2 for Allen

Would rather have him then Darnold.

Buff
04-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Well we're one minute away and I'm freaking the **** out right on schedule.

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 07:01 PM
Well we're one minute away and I'm freaking the **** out right on schedule.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/26FPqut4lzK3AECEo/giphy.gif

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:01 PM
Why the **** did we even sign Casey Keenum if we are taking a QB in the first? Lol My god we are a very stupid organization.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Lynch could still be retained.

If we pick a QB, Lynch is as good as gone. He might stay on as the backup, but that would be it.

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:03 PM
If we pick a QB, Lynch is as good as gone. He might stay on as the backup, but that would be it.

Thats what i meant but i think Denver was going to take a QB somewhere anyway so i never really understood why they kept Lynch to begin with.

G_Money
https://sarahwaurechen.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/tumblr_lglb2djgel1qzoxl6o1_500.jpg

ShaneFalco
Why the **** did we even sign Casey Keenum if we are taking a QB in the first? Lol My god we are a very stupid organization.

and cut talib to do so.

FanInAZ
04-26-2018, 07:04 PM

You're treating the rumor that Elway is trying to trade up as if its true.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 07:04 PM
I'm starting to get too hype!

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:05 PM
Your treating the rumor that Elway is trying to trade up as if its true.

Im preparing myself because i know that this team struggles with drafting.

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 07:06 PM
How often are we in a position to draft a FCQB? In some ways I get it but....Keenum might get traded away before the draft is even over if this is true.

Anyhow...I say stay at 5. Lol

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 07:06 PM
If we deal a future 1 and keep our other picks this year...I'd be cool. But i don't wanna sacrifice this deep draft.

Buff
04-26-2018, 07:07 PM
Booing Roger Goodell on draft night is one of our great American traditions.

FanInAZ
Im preparing myself because i know that this team struggles with drafting.

Just believe we're drafting 6 future HoFers this year :D

SmilinAssasSin27
How often are we in a position to draft a FCQB? In some ways I get it but....Keenum might get traded away before the draft is even over if this is true.

I hear ya. I've said I like Nelson, but are cool if ee don't settle and get THEIR QB. Just hope it's Darnold.

Northman

Eh, well the last time we were in position we took Cutler and that didnt turn out so well.

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Booing Roger Goodell on draft night is one of our great American traditions.

I love that he paraded out a bunch of cowboy legends as a boo shield and still got booed. :lol:

ShaneFalco
"The Cleveland Browns are on the clock -Cut to commercial"

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7ZewSYvuZzNSnHHy/giphy.gif

Buff
https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/989657352772227073

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Its probably for Rosen.

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Im so ocd and it's really bothering me that the lips and sound aren't in sync on nfl network right now. Streaming it on my xbox.

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Sam Darnold- Moley moley moley

DenBronx
04-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Its probably for Rosen.

I'll go nuclear

SmilinAssasSin27
Sam Darnold- Moley moley moley

I think given the recent Mayfield to Cleveland talk and subsequent Denver to 2 talk...must be for Darnold who everyone thought was going to Cleveland.

DenBronx
Hopefully we are trying to scare the Browns into taking a non QB.

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:12 PM
Damn, just threw Manziel under the bus. LMao

Poet
I am hoping (still doubtful) that this is for Rosen and that Denver had been tight lipped about him.

DenBronx
Browns gonna milk tf outta this.

Northman
I am hoping (still doubtful) that this is for Rosen and that Denver had been tight lipped about him.

Smoke and Mirrors.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 07:13 PM

Would you be cool with Darnold?

Poet
04-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Smoke and Mirrors.

If not Rosen, if it's Darnold, that would be interesting. I would't hate it. And I wouldn't hate Chubb. And I wouldn't hate a trade back if it lucractive (Dog had a great point about that). This is why the draft is sometimes fun as ****.

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:15 PM
I still want a player in round one thats going to play this year. With the Keenum signing im just not happy about taking a QB this year.....

ShaneFalco
Pick is in im scared

DenBronx
Browns hoping for a desperation trade.

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 07:16 PM
Lol

MAYFIELD

BroncoWave
04-26-2018, 07:17 PM
Wow.

Northman
Now the Giants will take Barkley unless Denver moves up.

BroncoWave
We getting darnold, folks!

aberdien
Browns doing Browns things. Praise the lord.

ShaneFalco
Rofl.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-26-2018, 07:18 PM
You lucked out MOsef!

Hawgdriver
#brownsthangs

FanInAZ
Mayfield's career is officially ruined :(

DenBronx
Dont do it Elway!!!!

aberdien
What a terrible reach.

kenoy28
This is great for us--Maybe Chubb falls

MOtorboat
I love the Cleveland Browns.

Poet
MO is so happy!!!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2018, 07:20 PM
What a terrible reach.

Not sure. I think he may end up being a baller

ShaneFalco
i duno......./

Poet
We getting darnold, folks!

I'm scared we're not taking a QB, man.

DenBronx
You got to wonder what the Jets are thinking right now if that was their primary target.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2018, 07:21 PM
Baker Manzeil goes first overall. LOL.

BroncoWave
Guess we didn't trade up.

SmilinAssasSin27
I'm scared we're not taking a QB, man.

All depends on what we give up

FanInAZ
Giants' pick is in, so no trade with Denver!

Poet
Damn.

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:22 PM
Lol, hey FanAZ, i guess that janitor lady got it right.

ShaneFalco
Dont know why we cut CJ

aberdien
Shits about to get interesting.

BroncoWave
So the Jets get darnold and Chubb will go to Cleveland. This is kinda the nightmare scenario.

FanInAZ
So the Giants went with a RB instead.

Buff
04-26-2018, 07:23 PM
I'm relieved we didn't trade up.

SmilinAssasSin27
Good for NY

ShaneFalco
So the Jets get darnold and Chubb will go to Cleveland. This is kinda the nightmare scenario.

:lol:

dogfish
:drinking::drinking:

Northman
Dont know why we cut CJ

Sony Michel

Poet
we can get chubb!!!!

Jsteve01
I love it honestly if it plays out the way I hope. There's one quarterback left when we draft at 5 the king's Ransom that you're going to have available or else people going to have to settle for that second tier of Jackson and Rudolph I think you're going to get whatever you want from teams like Buffalo or Arizona or potentially Miami the thing about Arizona and Miami is that although you would have to accept to pick next year and not sure what it is I'm not counting on either of those teams being very good next year

FanInAZ
Lol, hey FanAZ, i guess that janitor lady got it right.

Not bad, considering how little English she speaks :D

Northman
04-26-2018, 07:24 PM
I'm relieved we didn't trade up.

Im very relieved. Just so as long as someone takes Allen.

Poet
we can get chubb!!!!

:lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
Guess I can cut Gallmon from my dynasty league team

DenBronx

Josh Allen, Nelson or we trade back.

Hawgdriver
Good for Eli.

aberdien
I wish we could've gotten Barkley.

ShaneFalco
04-26-2018, 07:25 PM
This is madness

SmilinAssasSin27
Allen would make me vomit

topscribe
Voting present to subscribe to the thread . . .