PDA

View Full Version : Mr. B in declining physical health :(

GEM
04-23-2018, 02:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/pat-bowlen-reportedly-in-failing-health/

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, who relinquished control of the team earlier this decade while battling Alzheimer’s disease, reportedly is in failing health.

Woody Paige of the Colorado Springs Gazette reports that Bowlen’s physical condition is declining dramatically.

Such a horrible disease! :(

DenBronx
04-23-2018, 03:00 PM
I am still so angry that Jerry Jones got in the HOF before Bowlen did. Bowlen has done way more for the NFL than Jerry ever did and his record as an owner speaks for itself. Also, they knew of Bowlens health condition and that it would lead down this road, that he may not even make it to the next induction.

So...yeah I'm sorry if you think I have orange colored glasses on but I think it was highway robbery.

BroncoJoe
04-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Best wishes to the Bowlen family.

BroncoWave
04-23-2018, 03:06 PM
I am still so angry that Jerry Jones got in the HOF before Bowlen did. Bowlen has done way more for the NFL than Jerry ever did and his record as an owner speaks for itself. Also, they knew of Bowlens health condition and that it would lead down this road, that he may not even make it to the next induction.

So...yeah I'm sorry if you think I have orange colored glasses on but I think it was highway robbery.

Sadly, it will probably take him dying for him to get in.

Chillez
04-23-2018, 03:12 PM
This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to Bowlen family.

Tned
04-23-2018, 03:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/pat-bowlen-reportedly-in-failing-health/

Such a horrible disease! :(

It is. My grandfather had it. Looking back, he was symptomatic for many, many years before he was officially diagnosed (this was in the 80's) and eventually got to the point my grandmother couldn't care for him and he needed to go to a home. He then lived for close to a decade that way, physically healthy, but not recognizing anyone. My grandmother went to visit him every day until he passed.

Really horrible disease.

Freyaka
04-23-2018, 03:17 PM

Honestly, that may have been precisely why they waited. He's in bad shape, he was in bad shape at the time. It's hard enough knowing that the man we all love and who has contributed so much to the sport is going through it. Having to see it...that's rough. The year he passes, he's a shoe in, imo.

I absolutely agree Bowlen deserved it more, but really with a disease like Alzheimer's that completely robs you of your dignity and at this point, he won't remember one way or another, a post passing induction might be best.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2018, 03:33 PM
UPDATE 3:59 p.m. ET: Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth disputes the perception that Mr. Bowlen is in dramatically failing health. “Mr. Bowlen is resting very comfortably at home as he receives care for Alzheimer’s disease,” Smyth said in a statement to PFT. “Joe Ellis visited with him just this past week. He’s doing fine.”

broncofaninfla
04-23-2018, 04:07 PM
I was hoping he would be inducted while he was still alive. The fact he still isn't in is just more proof that the HOF is a joke.

GEM
04-23-2018, 04:17 PM

Ooooh a Woody Paige vs. Patrick Smyth fight! Ruh Roh!

GEM
04-23-2018, 04:18 PM
What a shit way to do business.....ProFootballTalk releases the first tidbit, then releases the second tidbit.

Northman
04-23-2018, 04:33 PM
Sucks, he did some really great things for the Broncos.

MOtorboat
04-23-2018, 05:27 PM
https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/005_pat_bowlen.jpg?w=620

Poet
04-23-2018, 06:16 PM
I hate that disease more than words can describe, and Mr. Bowlen remains a consummate example of what a person should strive to be.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2018, 09:06 PM

I’m beginning to wonder if they’d rather do it posthumously anyway.

LawDog
04-24-2018, 12:34 AM
F the HOF. I wouldn’t stop in Canton to take a dump.

Bowlen’s accomplishments stand on their own, don’t need those jokesters for nothing.

Mr. B FTMFW

Davii
04-24-2018, 01:04 AM
F the HOF. I wouldn’t stop in Canton to take a dump.

Bowlen’s accomplishments stand on their own, don’t need those jokesters for nothing.

Mr. B FTMFW

You should skip Ohio altogether if you have the option.

Poet
04-24-2018, 01:11 AM
You should skip Ohio altogether if you have the option.

Columbus is nice.

Davii
04-24-2018, 01:15 AM
Columbus is nice.

Yeah, for Ohio.

Poet
04-24-2018, 01:30 AM
Yeah, for Ohio.

It's nice in general.

I just hope that Mr. Bowlen isn't in pain and is devoid of suffering.

LawDog
04-24-2018, 12:20 PM
I actually lived in Ohio for a couple of years in the mid 90’s. Most of the people were nice, in a mid-western kinda way. My favorite times were when I was traveling out of state for work. I also enjoyed having a huge John Elway poster in my office which generated some, um, conversations.