PDA

View Full Version : 2018 NFL Draft Day Bold Predictions

WARHORSE
04-21-2018, 04:40 PM
Cleveland takes Jackson at 1.

:beer:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2018, 05:35 PM
I was actually gonna say we trade back and end up with Jackson.

Poet
04-21-2018, 05:52 PM

That would make my heart sing.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2018, 06:02 PM

What song?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Actually...I predict 6 round 1 QBs

Poet
04-21-2018, 06:03 PM
What song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2018, 06:12 PM
Well that's random AF.

This ain't Cincy...

Poet
04-21-2018, 06:13 PM
Well that's random AF.

This ain't Cincy...

It's the greatest montage song of all time and we just drafted a very raw QB...take a god damn lap and apologize to me afterward. :tsk:

chazoe60
04-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Puke

Loser by Beck.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2018, 06:56 PM
I'm actually not anti-Jackson. The % worries me but he was also asked to do a lot more than most pocket QBs. I'd like to see him with real coaching.

Poet
04-21-2018, 07:04 PM
Puke

Loser by Beck.

It would be a great second round pick, imo.

atwater27
04-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Denver trades with the giants to get the mighty midget.

Simple Jaded
04-21-2018, 07:27 PM
I'm actually not anti-Jackson. The % worries me but he was also asked to do a lot more than most pocket QBs. I'd like to see him with real coaching.

Petrino is legit, especially for college level, love him or hate him.

Simple Jaded
04-21-2018, 07:27 PM

Saquan isn’t THAT short.

Poet
04-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Saquan isn’t THAT short.

I chuckled.

chazoe60
04-21-2018, 07:59 PM

He won't get that here.

FanInAZ
04-22-2018, 12:15 AM
It's the greatest montage song of all time and we just drafted a very raw QB...take a god damn lap and apologize to me afterward. :tsk:

I like the original montage much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ZABoz26R8

TXBRONC
04-22-2018, 07:09 AM

That's not who they really want. They want Josh Allen.

underrated29
04-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Cards trade up top 5 or 6 for a qb.

BroncoJoe
04-22-2018, 10:12 AM
There are some rumors that the Patriots will trade with Cleveland @ #4 if Rosen is still there.

dogfish
04-22-2018, 10:44 AM
barkley at five. . .

Poet
04-22-2018, 10:46 AM
We're trading up for Allen.

chazoe60
04-22-2018, 10:48 AM
My bold prediction is that our 2nd round pick will be a complete bust.

Poet
04-22-2018, 10:50 AM
My bold prediction is that our 2nd round pick will be a complete bust.

So you DO think we're taking Jackson in the second!

UnderArmour
04-22-2018, 11:29 AM
For the sake of this thread, here are some bold predictions:
1. Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield will be drafted before Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen.
2. The Broncos will spend the entirety of the clock listening to trade offers, but will decide to stay where they are, and take their choice of two of the top 4 quarterbacks.
3. The Broncos will take a WR with their 2nd pick.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2018, 12:37 PM
There are some rumors that the Patriots will trade with Cleveland @ #4 if Rosen is still there.

Clearly they haven’t heard that Rosen is Jay Cutler who hates America and will go undrafted.

Chillez
04-22-2018, 03:14 PM
We're trading up for Allen.

I sure as hell hope not. I think Allen might bust his bad accuracy scares me. If Denver trades up for Allen I’ll be pissed.

BroncoWave
04-22-2018, 03:37 PM
I sure as hell hope not. I think Allen might bust his bad accuracy scares me. If Denver trades up for Allen I’ll be pissed.

Yeah, that's the exact same type of QB we've busted on twice in a row now. No thanks.

BroncoWave
04-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Since we're doing bold predictions, I'll say Cleveland takes QBs at both 1 and 4.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2018, 03:58 PM
Allen is nothing like PL and Brent, their backgrounds are completely different. Allen is far more talented and presumably isn’t afraid of shadows.

Softskull
04-22-2018, 04:09 PM
We draft Chubb.
We win 10 gamest this year, but three games by a score of 6-3.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Allen is nothing like PL and Brent, their backgrounds are completely different. Allen is far more talented and presumably isn’t afraid of shadows.

This ^^^^

dogfish
04-22-2018, 05:40 PM
Allen is nothing like PL and Brent

you think tebow is a better comparison?

BroncoWave
04-22-2018, 06:26 PM

So explain why he couldn't even pass in college, and in a lower division to boot.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-22-2018, 07:13 PM
So explain why he couldn't even pass in college, and in a lower division to boot.

He isn't better than Lynch...until he has a different result in the NFL. Nobody knows what he'll be. PL IMHO actually looked better in college. Time will tell.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2018, 07:44 PM
We draft Chubb.

Lolololol

Simple Jaded
04-22-2018, 07:45 PM
you think tebow is a better comparison?

Dog ... you are worth the price of admission.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2018, 08:01 PM

He can, if watch he’s making throws these other QB’s can’t. I mean BIG BALLS throws, I mean elephantiasis of the nuts throws.

The difference is he’s not throwing to wide open receivers, none of his receivers are wide open, like ever. He’s already throwing to what is considered “open” in the NFL, he’s using a huddle and speaking pro verbiage, asked to make progressive reads for two years now.

His numbers are low for a few reasons, IMO, accuracy is one of them. But also because he is taking low percentage chances, his receivers drops may be overstated a bit but the passes defenses by CB’s/S’s/LB’s that are in his receivers hip pockets is never mentioned ... passes that were given a legitimate chance to be completed, more than anything his margin of error is a factor.

Conversely, his deep/bucket throws leave a lot to be desired, he’s not Rosen/Rudolph as a deep passer. His anticipation is an issue, which contributes to those passes defended, he’s a see it/throw it QB atm.

I’m not saying he’ll be an Alex Smith 70%, and no one is saying he’s ever going to be a Drew Brees 70% passer. What I do believe is that he can be the Mathew Stafford exception to the college Competition Percentage rule, and on the plus side, he has the physical skills to compensate as a playmaker ... something that Stafford doesn’t offer.

BIG ASS BALLS THROW with passable accuracy.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2018, 08:08 PM
He isn't better than Lynch...until he has a different result in the NFL. Nobody knows what he'll be. PL IMHO actually looked better in college. Time will tell.

PL has gotten worse since his first start, his best was the KC game though.

dogfish
04-22-2018, 08:49 PM
Dog ... you are worth the price of admission.

i'll take that!

:D

and i still think allen is a sorry prospect, but i'll give you props on writing legitimately the best defense i've seen of him to this point. . . much better stated than all the vapid drooling over his arm talent. . .

WARHORSE
04-22-2018, 10:52 PM

This whole board would flame on.

But......the man was responsible for 119 touchdowns......so Im sure we could get some production out of him....therefore I personally would not get bent over trading down and selecting him later in the first.

dogfish
04-22-2018, 11:47 PM
This whole board would flame on.

But......the man was responsible for 119 touchdowns......so Im sure we could get some production out of him....therefore I personally would not get bent over trading down and selecting him later in the first.

which pick are we talking about trading down to?

i can live with jackson at 21 if we got hernandez or mcglinchey at 12. . . if you're talking about jackson as our first pick, i'll pass-- hang at five and take a guy there, if that's the direction you want to go. . . unless allen's the only one left. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 04:35 PM
Report out that Buffalo, Miami and Zona have all called.

TXBRONC
04-23-2018, 04:49 PM
which pick are we talking about trading down to?

i can live with jackson at 21 if we got hernandez or mcglinchey at 12. . . if you're talking about jackson as our first pick, i'll pass-- hang at five and take a guy there, if that's the direction you want to go. . . unless allen's the only one left. . .

Allen is guy we need take if he's there. I've heard he has a lot arm talent. :wave: :D

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 04:51 PM
Allen is trash

TXBRONC
04-23-2018, 04:51 PM
Allen is trash

I don't think so.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 04:55 PM
I don't think so.

Flavor of the month. Just the latest big arm freak of nature who coaches think they can fix. Physically talented. Makes terrible decisions. Watch some of his INTs. Idiotic for someone of his supposed stature. Sorry. Not buying.

TXBRONC
04-23-2018, 05:10 PM
Flavor of the month. Just the latest big arm freak of nature who coaches think they can fix. Physically talented. Makes terrible decisions. Watch some of his INTs. Idiotic for someone of his supposed stature. Sorry. Not buying.

Why are saying sorry to me? You don't like him that's fine. However I do like him, and I'm absolutely sure that no one on this board knows for sure what Allen any other prospect will turn out to be.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Why are saying sorry to me? You don't like him that's fine. However I do like him, and I'm absolutely sure that no one on this board knows for sure what Allen any other prospect will turn out to be.

I agree with that. That's why this stuff is so much fun to me.

But message boards are boring if we don't create at least a little angst.

TXBRONC
04-23-2018, 05:19 PM
I agree with that. That's why this stuff is so much fun to me.

But message boards are boring if we don't create at least a little angst.

Fair enough.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2018, 09:45 PM

What’s worse, the coach that thinks he can fix the big arm freak or the coach that thinks he can win it all with the “fits the system” Sally-armed scrub?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 09:56 PM
What’s worse, the coach that thinks he can fix the big arm freak or the coach that thinks he can win it all with the “fits the system” Sally-armed scrub?

I'll take my chances with the brain who makes the fewest mistakes. Say what ya want...even gunslinger Favre couldn't control his impulses enough to win as much as his talent warranted.

Poet
04-23-2018, 09:57 PM
I'll take my chances with the brain who makes the fewest mistakes. Say what ya want...even gunslinger Favre couldn't control his impulses enough to win as much as his talent warranted.

Yeah, I'll take the bookworm with no talent...wait a minute...there's a bookworm...with massive talent...in this draft!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I'll take the bookworm with no talent...wait a minute...there's a bookworm...with massive talent...in this draft!

Never had an issue with Rosen...aside from the concussions which could effect long term stability.

That said...Dilfer has as many rings as Favre.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2018, 10:02 PM

Trevor Siemian?

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:08 PM
Never had an issue with Rosen...aside from the concussions which could effect long term stability.

That said...Dilfer has as many rings as Favre.

And Dilfer was only viable when a great team that quickly disbanded was around him. Bradshaw has four rings and he was bad in his day, in an era where you kept your team forever. The Patriots have had several different styles of rosters, and Brady has five rings. Manning had one ring as the guy, and won another ring on his last legs. Eli Manning was an above average QB, never a great one, and has two. The NFL gets all kinds of mixed up results. But I'll bet on the QB being the long term path to the SB and not trying to rebuild a great team every four seasons. No team drafts THAT well.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:09 PM
Trevor Siemian?

I'd rather use a 7th rounder on him than a top pick on. Leaf, Boller, Cutler type. I know everyone hates TS but he was effective when the OL was healthy and playing well. He wasn't making mistakes or causing us to lose games. Now he obviously has a celing, but with the right cast he wasn't a liability. Once we lost some folks, he wasn't talented enough not to implode. Big arms who are careless with the ball often cost their teams games.

Allen as a late project...give him a shot. But not with a top 5 pick.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Trent Dilfer had the physical talent to get drafted Top5.

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:12 PM
I'd rather use a 7th rounder on him than a top pick on. Leaf, Boller, Cutler type. I know everyone hates TS but he was effective when the OL was healthy and playing well. He wasn't making mistakes or causing us to lose games. Now he obviously has a celing, but with the right cast he wasn't a liability. Once we lost some folks, he wasn't talented enough not to implode. Big arms who are careless with the ball often cost their teams games.

I'd rather just draft a highly talented QB and get a staff that can develop him. TS was never an effective QB sans a handful of games. I don't care for Allen - yeah he had bad talent around him, but he also played against. And yeah, he had bad talent around him, but he also didn't exactly dominate that bad talent, and Wentz did. However, drafting Allen at five and sitting him behind CK for two years actually does validate that otherwise stupid signing.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:14 PM
And Dilfer was only viable when a great team that quickly disbanded was around him. Bradshaw has four rings and he was bad in his day, in an era where you kept your team forever. The Patriots have had several different styles of rosters, and Brady has five rings. Manning had one ring as the guy, and won another ring on his last legs. Eli Manning was an above average QB, never a great one, and has two. The NFL gets all kinds of mixed up results. But I'll bet on the QB being the long term path to the SB and not trying to rebuild a great team every four seasons. No team drafts THAT well.

I agree with all of that. But for the sake of this discussion history doesn't support a risk taking gun slinger being the guy ya wanna bet on. Favre was ubertalented...but he also ended 4 straight seasons by throwing an INT. Cutler has a ridiculous arm. No rings. I could go on. Meanwhile, as you mentioned, plenty of guys who are more cerebral are winning. They aren't noodle arms, but they also weren't the projects that the Allens of the world are.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Trent Dilfer had the physical talent to get drafted Top5.

Who was known for his intangibles and film study to go woth a full QB skill set. He wasnt the big arm guy coming out of college. He was seen as a complete QB.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2018, 10:23 PM

Allen isn’t thought to be careless with the ball and there’s zero chance he goes late in the draft.

Btw, I like TS.

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:24 PM
Who was known for his intangibles and film study to go woth a full QB skill set. He wasnt the big arm guy coming out of college. He was seen as a complete QB.

Not every talent is a top one because they have a huge arm. That said, arm strength matters in some situations - it's become so cliche to say that arm strength doesn't matter that arm strength is actually underrated around these parts. Which is sad, because after watching TS fail on sideline throws, and have to heave everything in his body on deep passes, you'd think we'd appreciate that talent a little bit more.

The irony is that those limited QB's that you don't mind only work on stacked teams. We don't have a stacked team, we have a rebuilding team. I wish that the front office was a little more cognizant of that, but we have what we have. My biggest issue with CK isn't that he's a big one hit wonder gamble, it's that he's a one hit wonder gamble on a team that's not very good. He's serving as fool's gold - we lie to ourselves and act like we're contending and he's going to be that guy for us, but he's Case Keenum.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Not every QB with a huge arm is a meathead project, Allen has had 2 years learning pro shit, that along with his physical is what makes him a Top 5 prospect.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Allen isn’t thought to be careless with the ball and there’s zero chance he goes late in the draft.

Btw, I like TS.

Allen makes a lot of ill advised throws and some of his INTs are head scratchers. Probably confidence in the arm, but he still needs to clean it up.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Not every QB with a huge arm is a meathead project, Allen has had 2 years learning pro shit, that along with his physical is what makes him a Top 5 prospect.

IMH opinion, that arm is what makes him the prospect. No other part of his game is worthy of a first round sniff. But GMs want that "prototype" and they'll reach to get it. He's fun to watch, but he hasn't won and his stats are average.

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:33 PM
IMO opinion, that arm is what makes him the prospect. No other part of his game is worthy of a first round sniff. But GMs want that "prototype" and they'll reach to get it. He's fun to watch, but he hasn't won and his stats are average.

He's got good mobility, perfect size, he doesn't just have a strong arm but a good release and he's a football savvy guy. He's more than just a howitzer.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:35 PM
He's got good mobility, perfect size, he doesn't just have a strong arm but a good release and he's a football savvy guy. He's more than just a howitzer.

And his completion% since HS is terrible and he loses games to San Jose State. I'm not getting the love.

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:37 PM
And his completion% since HS is terrible and he loses games to San Jose State. I'm not getting the love.

He's not my choice of a prospect - but the overall physical talent is very, very high. More than an arm.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:41 PM
Ill self correct...didn't play vs San Jose or Fresno. But his replacement outplayed his average production in those games in terms of yardage and %.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:43 PM
He's not my choice of a prospect - but the overall physical talent is very, very high. More than an arm.

I dunno man. Have you looked at his game by game stats? The statline vs the vaunted Hawaii defense alone would make me do a double take.

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:45 PM
I dunno man. Have you looked at his game by game stats? The statline vs the vaunted Hawaii defense alone would make me do a double take.

And that's why I don't want him - physically he's a freak. And he doesn't have a ton of talent around him, but QB's from weaker divisions usually dominate (Big Ben, McNair, Wentz) were all guys from the weaker conferences who destroyed their competition. But production and talent aren't the same thing - ask Lynch about that.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:45 PM
And that's why I don't want him - physically he's a freak. And he doesn't have a ton of talent around him, but QB's from weaker divisions usually dominate (Big Ben, McNair, Wentz) were all guys from the weaker conferences who destroyed their competition. But production and talent aren't the same thing - ask Lynch about that.

He passed for 64 yards vs Oregon. I don't care how bad your cast is. 64 yards. Southern Utah passed for over 200 vs the Ducks.

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:48 PM
He passed for 64 yards vs Oregon. I don't care how bad your cast is. 64 yards. Southern Utah passed for over 200 vs the Ducks.

Eh, it's a game. I understand the sentiment. IDK. If they actually wanted to bench the young man for two years, I could deal with it. He's not the QB I want.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2018, 10:50 PM
Eh, it's a game. I understand the sentiment. IDK. If they actually wanted to bench the young man for two years, I could deal with it. He's not the QB I want.

I know I'm beating a dead horse...but 70 vs Air Force and 138 vs Colorado State. Top 5 pick?

That's all. It's out of my system now. Thanx for tolerating.

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Bro it's the offseason - dead horses being beaten everywhere.

dogfish
04-23-2018, 10:54 PM
I know I'm beating a dead horse...but 70 vs Air Force and 138 vs Colorado State. Top 5 pick?

That's all. It's out of my system now. Thanx for tolerating.

you kill them with truth, smiley. . .

Poet
04-23-2018, 10:55 PM
you kill them with truth, smiley. . .

Eh. Truth be told I'm the best around but the people I love only show me hatred. It's okay; Picasso was overlooked during his days. :D

Jsteve01
04-23-2018, 11:55 PM
Actually...I predict 6 round 1 QBs

I agree. There are people I don't agree with them mind you that have had Rudolph as the best quarterback in this draft

CoachChaz
04-24-2018, 09:08 AM
I agree. There are people I don't agree with them mind you that have had Rudolph as the best quarterback in this draft

Personally, I would take Rudolph over Allen, so if Allen is 1st round material...I guess Rudolph is too. That being said, only 2...maybe 3 of these guys are worthy of round 1. My opinion.

BroncoJoe
04-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Hey MO! :wave:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-live-nfl-mock-draft-20180423-htmlstory.html

MOtorboat
04-24-2018, 12:15 PM
Hey MO! :wave:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-live-nfl-mock-draft-20180423-htmlstory.html

I've known this since the senior bowl. :2thumbs:

dogfish
04-24-2018, 12:21 PM
I've known this since the senior bowl. :2thumbs:

is your excitement level peaking? just two more days!

MOtorboat
04-24-2018, 12:40 PM
is your excitement level peaking? just two more days!

I've been watching a lot of baseball.

slim
04-24-2018, 01:13 PM
If they actually pull the trigger on any of these QBs, this place is gonna be a circus.

dogfish
04-24-2018, 01:21 PM
If they actually pull the trigger on any of these QBs, this place is gonna be a circus.

it's gonna be a circus regardless. . .

i just hope chazoe gets stuck cleaning up the elephant shit. . .

slim
04-24-2018, 01:22 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason we keep him around.

chazoe60
04-24-2018, 01:25 PM

Why Dog, why?

BroncoJoe
04-24-2018, 01:26 PM
In all honesty, I don't really f'in care who we draft. I am just ready to watch some football again.

dogfish
04-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Why Dog, why?

it just feels right. . .

underrated29
04-24-2018, 02:05 PM
it just feels right. . .

Isnt that Beefs slogan?

Cugel
04-24-2018, 04:12 PM
ESPN "Draft Day Predictions" (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180424/2018-nfl-draft-predictions-all-32-teams-trades-first-round-picks-more)

New York Jets

The Jets will draft QB Baker Mayfield at No. 3 overall

Then the team will proceed to shop Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty around the league. Finding no takers, the Jets will release both backups before training camp, including one (likely Petty) after the draft. This is a new QB era. Josh McCown/Teddy Bridgewater will be seat warmers until the rookie is ready to take over. -- Rich Cimini

Denver Broncos

The Broncos will take a look at a deep class of running backs and dive in for at least one

They released C.J. Anderson, who was their leading rusher last season (1,007 yards) as well as their first 1,000-yard rusher since Knowshon Moreno in 2013. There are only two running backs on the current roster: Devontae Booker and De'Angelo Henderson. Booker was limited to 79 carries after returning from a wrist injury while Henderson had just seven carries as a rookie. President of football operations/GM John Elway likes what he sees in this running back class, having already offered "we feel good about the fact we'll be able to get a good one." -- Jeff Legwold

This of course does not mean that Denver will draft Barkley, who will likely be gone by #5, but they should take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and there are reportedly plenty of good ones available in a deep class.

Meanwhile Mel Kiper is predicting that Denver will be face with a situation where their QB may not be on the board, and Chubb and Barkley too will be gone, so that they trade back with the Bills or Cardinals. This means Denver will probably take a QB at #5 of course.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-25-2018, 06:03 PM
We take Roquan Smith or trade back. That's my official prediction for Denver.

atwater27
04-26-2018, 07:53 PM
We draft Chubb.

You win!

Cugel
04-28-2018, 09:24 AM
New York Jets

The Jets will draft QB Baker Mayfield at No. 3 overall

Then the team will proceed to shop Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty around the league. Finding no takers, the Jets will release both backups before training camp, including one (likely Petty) after the draft. This is a new QB era. Josh McCown/Teddy Bridgewater will be seat warmers until the rookie is ready to take over. -- Rich Cimini
Denver Broncos

The Broncos will take a look at a deep class of running backs and dive in for at least one

They released C.J. Anderson, who was their leading rusher last season (1,007 yards) as well as their first 1,000-yard rusher since Knowshon Moreno in 2013. There are only two running backs on the current roster: Devontae Booker and De'Angelo Henderson. Booker was limited to 79 carries after returning from a wrist injury while Henderson had just seven carries as a rookie. President of football operations/GM John Elway likes what he sees in this running back class, having already offered "we feel good about the fact we'll be able to get a good one." -- Jeff Legwold
This of course does not mean that Denver will draft Barkley, who will likely be gone by #5, but they should take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and there are reportedly plenty of good ones available in a deep class.

Meanwhile Mel Kiper is predicting that Denver will be face with a situation where their QB may not be on the board, and Chubb and Barkley too will be gone, so that they trade back with the Bills or Cardinals. This means Denver will probably take a QB at #5 of course.

Well, this info was all pretty good in retrospect.

The Jets did love Mayfield so that the Browns had to take him at #1 rather than taking Barkley.

The Broncos didn't love either Allen or Rosen and were prepared to trade back with Buffalo for Buffalo's #12 pick plus 2 second rounders, but then Chubb fell to them.

The Broncos did take a RB in the 3rd round too. My snarky post about Mel Kiper was wrong though. He did know what he was talking about.