PDA

View Full Version : Sacco Sez: How the Broncos were really built

Tned
04-21-2018, 12:09 PM
This is a really good read by Jim Saccomano

Edgar F. Kaiser, Jr. had purchased the team in 1981 and was not well received by the public or press, an attitude which he wished to reverse.

On Nov. 28, I was called into his hotel suite at the Town and Country Hotel in San Diego, where we were to play the Chargers that afternoon.

Mr. Kaiser had asked me there to share my opinion as to whether or not it was worth it to acquire Stanford quarterback John Elway, the best quarterback prospect since Johnny Unitas and the certain first pick in the 1983 draft.

I said there was no way we could get Elway, as he was certain to be the first pick in the draft.

Kaiser, who had degrees from Stanford and Harvard and had served on the Trilateral Commission, calmly replied, "Jim, anything can be bought and sold in America. It is just about setting the price."

Full article here: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Sacco-Sez-How-the-Broncos-were-really-built/944b0135-f112-45dc-87dc-f0e2ae58ee67

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Great article - thanks for posting.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Pat Bowlen has a better candidacy than any of the last 3 years non-football candidates, apparently resume means dick.

Chillez
04-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the great article. And the rest as they say is history.