PDA

View Full Version : Broncos @ Jets, October 7th

BroncoWave
04-19-2018, 08:19 PM
I've already seen 3 or 4 other people express interest in going to this game, so it might be fun to get a tailgate together. Who all is interested in making it to this one?

Valar Morghulis
04-20-2018, 03:55 PM
I have just been checking flights - very cheap to New York........

I was fairly confident getting the manky-est cheapest accommodation i could in Denver but being completely safe - i don't feel that way about New York (possibly wrongly). So if i was to do it, but on a budget, what areas are cheap, but reasonably convenient for cool shit to do in the city?

And also what is transport like to the Meadowlands?

slim
04-20-2018, 03:58 PM
I will probably be there.

BeefStew25
04-20-2018, 04:02 PM
I got my tickets today!

Dapper Dan
04-20-2018, 09:40 PM
If Dave goes then I’ll go.

Does that sound too desperate?

Valar Morghulis
04-21-2018, 01:18 AM
If Dave goes then I’ll go.

Does that sound too desperate?

Not at all - i am only making this post to bump this thread in the hope that someone replies to my question about accommodation and transport in NYC - is that too desperate

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2018, 01:59 AM
I would stay away from dive motels in NY Dave. It’s not as safe as Denver is.

Davii
04-21-2018, 02:09 AM
Not at all - i am only making this post to bump this thread in the hope that someone replies to my question about accommodation and transport in NYC - is that too desperate

Stay in Hells Kitchen, western Manhattan near the Lincoln tunnel. Still not "cheap" but definitely more affordable than Time's Square. Not just for accommodations but food, etc. Transport anywhere in NYC is easy, use google maps and it will tell you how to get there on the subway. You'll go under the river, transfer to a train in Jersey, and boom.

You'd be staying in Manhattan. Very easy to go enjoy NYC. Times Square, 9/11museum, etc.

Valar Morghulis
04-21-2018, 02:43 AM
Stay in Hells Kitchen, western Manhattan near the Lincoln tunnel. Still not "cheap" but definitely more affordable than Tonight's Square. Not just for accommodations but food, etc. Transport anywhere in NYC is easy, use google maps and it will tell you how to get there on the subway. You'll go under the river, transfer to a train in Jersey, and boom.

You'd be staying in Manhattan. Very easy to go enjoy NYC. Times Square, 9/11museum, etc.

This is what I'm talking about...... Going to spend the morning googling hells kitchen accommodation etc..... Update to follow

Valar Morghulis
04-21-2018, 05:30 AM
any neighbourhoods i should definitely avoid?

a) If i am on my own (the really dodgy parts - and if i am on my own, i will be doing it on the cheap)
b) If i bring the wife - she will feel uncomfortable in places i will feel totally safe

Cheers guys

Shazam!
04-21-2018, 06:29 AM
If anyone was getting weekend accommodations in the area for the Jets game and had a vehicle or was going to rent one, i would suggest staying up north a bit in Westchester County.

Unless you are hell bent on going to Manhattan, seeing the super-rodent NYC rats, getting raped in the wallet, and want to be in the chaos of Times Square.

OrangeHoof
04-21-2018, 06:49 AM
Best place to stay in New York? It's called "Connecticut".

Shazam!
04-21-2018, 07:33 AM
Best place to stay in New York? It's called "Connecticut".

NJ called. They said WTF

Davii
04-21-2018, 08:01 AM
NJ called. They said WTF

NJ knows, they know.

Jaws
04-21-2018, 08:22 AM

a) If i am on my own (the really dodgy parts - and if i am on my own, i will be doing it on the cheap)
b) If i bring the wife - she will feel uncomfortable in places i will feel totally safe

Cheers guys

Compromise, take a Shark with you for protection ;)

Shazam!
04-21-2018, 08:28 AM
NJ called. They said WTF

NJ knows, they know.

There is nothing to do in CT and way better sluts can be found closer to the city.

Davii
04-21-2018, 08:35 AM

Cheers guys

If you're by yourself stay over in Jersey. Close to the stadium and MUCH cheaper. You might hit a dodgy neighborhood.

If the wife comes stay in Manhattan. More expensive, but close to all the tourist stuff and very nice.

Valar Morghulis
04-21-2018, 11:16 AM
If you're by yourself stay over in Jersey. Close to the stadium and MUCH cheaper. You might hit a dodgy neighborhood.

If the wife comes stay in Manhattan. More expensive, but close to all the tourist stuff and very nice.

thanks man.

I am 50/50 at the minute.......

Is New York like London......... Actually really safe in the center??

Also, to get tickets, is that done through the Broncos website or a stub hub style deal?

Davii
04-21-2018, 11:30 AM
thanks man.

Also, to get tickets, is that done through the Broncos website or a stub hub style deal?

Ticket master, StubHub, or from the Jets box office when they go on sale. Just make sure it's a legit site or you're probably going to get scammed.

NYC is a lot safer than you'd think. There are cops everywhere. Manhattan is safe. Yeah there are pick pockets, etc but being aware of your surroundings will keep you out of any trouble. The subway is clean and efficient, and cheap! I'm a big fan of visiting NYC. I prefer staying in downtown Brooklyn area, near the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. Cheaper, tons of great restaurants and bars, shopping, etc. It would be a long commute to the stadium by subway from there though, 30 mins by cab but that's pricey and good luck getting one when you leave.

Shazam!
04-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Davii. The subway is ****ing disgusting! Burn your clothes after a ride and you will need a turkey baster with chlorine to clean the smell out of your nose because it will linger for 3 days... and the rats?

Safe? Yes. As long as youre not a target. But beware the driving idiots if renting a car.

PatriotsGuy
04-21-2018, 02:13 PM
If you stay in Jersey, say Hoboken, you can take the ferry to the city

Davii
04-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Davii. The subway is ****ing disgusting! Burn your clothes after a ride and you will need a turkey baster with chlorine to clean the smell out of your nose because it will linger for 3 days... and the rats?

Safe? Yes. As long as youre not a target. But beware the driving idiots if renting a car.

I've never found the Subway to be bad.

BroncoWave
04-21-2018, 04:26 PM
thanks man.

Do it Dave! I've always wanted to meat you!

Shazam!
04-21-2018, 04:33 PM

I've never found the Subway to be bad.

When was the last time you rode it

Poet
04-21-2018, 04:34 PM
Do it Dave! I've always wanted to meat you!

Don't you cheat on me with that fancy European rogue!

BroncoWave
04-21-2018, 04:47 PM
Don't you cheat on me with that fancy European rogue!

I'm pretty sure it's not cheating if they're from another country!

BroncoJoe
04-21-2018, 04:50 PM

I think he was just there earlier this year.

Poet
04-21-2018, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not cheating if they're from another country!

Dave, be easy on him!

Shazam!
04-21-2018, 05:34 PM

I think he was just there earlier this year.

Its disgusting bro... Some lines may be better than others.

Davii
04-21-2018, 10:13 PM

October.

Davii
04-21-2018, 10:15 PM
Its disgusting bro... Some lines may be better than others.

There are worse lines, no doubt, but they're still not that bad. There's no fecal matter on the benches, etc. I wouldn't eat in the subway, but it's not that bad.

Valar Morghulis
04-21-2018, 11:42 PM
I am familiar with the Paris metro and the underground in both Glasgow and London, so the cleanliness aspect of it, really isn't something I am bothered about.

I have heard stories that homeless people jerk off on the platforms, is that true? My wife would love that.

Davii
04-21-2018, 11:48 PM
I am familiar with the Paris metro and the underground in both Glasgow and London, so the cleanliness aspect of it, really isn't something I am bothered about.

I have heard stories that homeless people jerk off on the platforms, is that true? My wife would love that.

During normal usage times I didn't see anything at all I would consider unusual. There was a crazy guy muttering to himself, a few folks preaching, etc. Nothing like masturbating homeless folks.

After hours was different, but still not bad. There were some homeless guys sleeping in the Station, a few on the train, but nobody bothered us.

Shazam!
04-22-2018, 05:43 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-1lao5UUac

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pjSolSpJM

Valar Morghulis
04-22-2018, 02:29 PM
Won't be able to make it.

I have conflicting work commitments I can't get out of.

Kinda gutted, kinda relieved as it would have ended up costing me a fortune lol

BroncoWave
04-22-2018, 03:34 PM

:( We'll have to meat another time.

Shazam!
04-22-2018, 04:39 PM

:( We'll have to meat another time.

I can be option N.

Nomad
05-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Isn't the places being told to avoid part of the experience of visiting New York? I'd ride the subway just to say I did, and see for myself if rats are really as big as small dogs.

Valar Morghulis
05-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Isn't the places being told to avoid part of the experience of visiting New York? I'd ride the subway just to say I did, and see for myself if rats are really as big as small dogs.

totally mate, i am sure i lived there, those things would be a nuisance, but when i visit - i want to absorb all that shit!!!

Nomad
05-05-2018, 03:42 PM
totally mate, i am sure i lived there, those things would be a nuisance, but when i visit - i want to absorb all that shit!!!

If you're ever up in Los Anchorage, mi casa es su casa. We could hike the mountains, and maybe we could get Kinger up here. :D

BroncoWave
07-30-2018, 07:36 PM
Who all is for sure going to this game? Probably should get my travel arranged pretty soon if I commit to going.

BeefStew25
07-30-2018, 07:37 PM
Who all is for sure going to this game? Probably should get my travel arranged pretty soon if I commit to going.

How long is your drive?

Gawd the meadowlands sucks.

BroncoWave
07-30-2018, 07:39 PM
How long is your drive?

Gawd the meadowlands sucks.

Would be a 5 hour drive but I'm also considering flying.

Shazam!
07-30-2018, 07:40 PM

The rats are fearless here but idk about as big as small dogs, unless youre talking about a lil 5lb teacup lapdog.

BroncoJoe
07-31-2018, 09:03 AM
Would be a 5 hour drive but I'm also considering flying.

That's right on the border of flying or driving. Fight is what, 1.5-2 hours? But, you have to drive to the airport, get there at least an hour early, wait around and have to deal with security, then you get to your destination and have to either wait for a cab, or be shuttled to a rental car agency/lot, then drive to your hotel.

I'd drive, but I also just did a 4,000 mile trip too, so...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-31-2018, 09:07 AM
That's right on the border of flying or driving. Fight is what, 1.5-2 hours? But, you have to drive to the airport, get there at least an hour early, wait around and have to deal with security, then you get to your destination and have to either wait for a cab, or be shuttled to a rental car agency/lot, then drive to your hotel.

I would drive too

BroncoWave
07-31-2018, 09:10 AM

I live 5 minutes away from our local airport and it usually takes 10 minutes tops to get through security there.

Shazam!
07-31-2018, 09:10 AM
Im considering it. I hate going to games because if the Broncos lose, im gonna be devastated.

I didn't go to the SB because of that, im so glad i did not go.

Shazam!
07-31-2018, 09:12 AM

Stay in Hells Kitchen, western Manhattan near the Lincoln tunnel. Still not "cheap" but definitely more affordable than Time's Square. Not just for accommodations but food, etc. Transport anywhere in NYC is easy, use google maps and it will tell you how to get there on the subway. You'll go under the river, transfer to a train in Jersey, and boom.

If anyone would consider renting a car, staying north in Westchester County is much less than staying in Manhattan. 30 ms away, an hour or so if heavy traffic.

BeefStew25
07-31-2018, 09:39 AM
Im considering it. I hate going to games because if the Broncos lose, im gonna be devastated.

Huh. That sucks you aren’t a real fan.

Shazam!
07-31-2018, 09:49 AM

Huh. That sucks you aren’t a real fan.

Nope. Ive been to too many crushing defeats, why would i want to be present at a Broncos Super Bowl, if it is a blowout? All the xanax in the world would not help me recover. Im so happy i didn't go there, and i could have easily.

BeefStew25
07-31-2018, 09:56 AM
Nope. Ive been to too many crushing defeats, why would i want to be present at a Broncos Super Bowl, if it is a blowout? All the xanax in the world would not help me recover. Im so happy i didn't go there, and i could have easily.

You should go to a super bowl win sometime. It’s great.

Shazam!
07-31-2018, 12:11 PM

You should go to a super bowl win sometime. It’s great.

Were you in the Bay Area in Feb 16

Davii
07-31-2018, 01:24 PM
If anyone would consider renting a car, staying north in Westchester County is much less than staying in Manhattan. 30 ms away, an hour or so if heavy traffic.

F that. Not worth it to me. I'm losing an hour plus off each day I spend in the city, have to try and fight to park somewhere or spend outrageous parking prices, etc. To me it's just not worth the savings, which when you factor in parking, gas, the rental car itself you're lucky if you're saving much at all.

Davii
07-31-2018, 01:25 PM

He went to SB 50

Shazam!
07-31-2018, 02:51 PM

He went to SB 50

Good for him. The Seattle SB would have ruined me.

BroncoNut
07-31-2018, 03:20 PM
maybe I will go if I can get a ticket.

Shazam!
07-31-2018, 03:40 PM
maybe I will go if I can get a ticket.

Its a Jets game. No problem getting tickets.

BeefStew25
07-31-2018, 10:28 PM

They lost because you didn’t go.

Shazam!
08-01-2018, 04:45 AM

They lost because you didn’t go.

I wish that were true.

I could have went for free. My Co handled security during the Super Bowl City.