PDA

View Full Version : Best Case Scenario in This Draft?

WARHORSE
04-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Best case scenario is we trade down to Buffalo and get both their 1s this year and a 1 next year. Browns take a Qb at 1, NY takes Chubb or Saquon at 2, Jets take a QB at 3, the Browns take Saquon or Chubb, whichever is left leaving two QBs on the board. We get down to number 11 Miami,

and Miami takes Jackson off the board, QB leaving us the remainder of the 4 top QBs.

Everyone moans and groans about how it wasnt the QB they wanted....or they cheer the studly draft maneuvering of the Duke.

In the end, the QB, whether Allen, Darnold, Rosen or Baker......ends up being a HOF signal caller we all fall in love with and buy jerseys with his name for the next 15 years.

Then we get another HOF player at 22.

We then pick RB at the top of the second, he ends up becoming the next TD.

Then next year, after Buffalo TANKS, we end up with the number one pick in the draft.

Its not my dream dream.........but Id be ok with that. :beer:

OrangeHoof
04-18-2018, 08:00 PM
I took the offered 12 & 22 from Buffalo in today's Fanspeak mock and used it to select Mike McGlinchey OT and RB Darrius Guise. Added TE Goeddert in the second.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Our picks actually start to contribute.

MOtorboat
04-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Anyone but Mayfield.

Buff
04-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Sam Darnold falling to #5 feels like the best case scenario.

Poet
04-18-2018, 09:01 PM
We draft Nelson after trading back and pick up another first rounder for next season.

dogfish
04-18-2018, 09:36 PM
we take nelson, and i end up having a threesome with mila kunis and natalie portman. . .

wait, what?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-18-2018, 09:37 PM
I appreciate you leaving Salma Hayek for me.

slim
04-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Anyone but Mayfield.

You don't mean that.

CoachChaz
04-19-2018, 08:32 AM
I appreciate you leaving Salma Hayek for me.

I'll be done with her in a few days.

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 08:36 AM
You don't mean that.

I'm sure you're right Slim.

slim
04-19-2018, 08:40 AM
I'm sure you're right Slim.

He is scared of getting hurt again, but that is no way to live life.

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 08:54 AM
He is scared of getting hurt again, but that is no way to live life.

Understandable, but I think he would eventually grow to love Mayfield if no other reason than he can just about look eyeball to eyeball at him without straining his neck.

Chillez
04-19-2018, 08:56 AM
Denver drafts either Nelson or Chubb.

MOtorboat
04-19-2018, 12:11 PM
You don't mean that.

Sure I do. It sucks picking in the top 5.

slim
04-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Sure I do. It sucks picking in the top 5.

You should check out his AIQ

MOtorboat
04-19-2018, 12:16 PM
You should check out his AIQ

Good for him!

slim
04-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Good for him!

I thought your big fear was: "he is an idiot"?

MOtorboat
04-19-2018, 12:18 PM
I thought your big fear was: "he is an idiot"?

Blockhead. Big difference.

slim
04-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Blockhead. Big difference.

How so?

7alpha30
04-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Here's the best case scenario:

1. Cleveland: Josh Allen
2. NYG/BUF: Sam Darnold
3. NYJ: Baker Mayfield
4. BUF/MIA: Josh Rosen
5.Denver can pick Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson

Krugan
04-19-2018, 12:24 PM
Simple answer, all the picks that are picked here work out as 7-12 year contributors who sign hometown discount contract renewals, and the rest of the players drafted just do not pan out for the rest of the league...

MOtorboat
04-19-2018, 12:25 PM
How so?

He's not stupid, but he does dumb things.

slim
04-19-2018, 12:26 PM
He's not stupid, but he does dumb things.

So he is human?

I see.

Buff
04-19-2018, 12:42 PM

I like this one too because then we can't eff up the QB decision.

dogfish
04-19-2018, 12:46 PM

don't do that to cleveland, man. . . they've suffered enough!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-19-2018, 03:13 PM
I think after a day of pondering this, I'd prefer to trade back a few spots to gain an additional 2nd round pick and either a future or additional pick this year. In this draft, there are 10 names I could live with as potential difference makers. Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, 3 QBs, Raquon Smith, Ward, Vea and a certain Bama DB. If we wanna improve now with a real difference maker, we need 1 of them. Moving to 12 and 22 is too far in my mind. There are some damn good players in round 2 for depth at the positions mentioned and WR.

So I guess...trade to 8. Add a 2nd rounder. Get Nelson, Smith or Vea.

7alpha30
04-19-2018, 04:23 PM
I think after a day of pondering this, I'd prefer to trade back a few spots to gain an additional 2nd round pick and either a future or additional pick this year. In this draft, there are 10 names I could live with as potential difference makers. Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, 3 QBs, Raquon Smith, Ward, Vea and a certain Bama DB. If we wanna improve now with a real difference maker, we need 1 of them. Moving to 12 and 22 is too far in my mind. There are some damn good players in round 2 for depth at the positions mentioned and WR.

So I guess...trade to 8. Add a 2nd rounder. Get Nelson, Smith or Vea.

I think there's a drop off from Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson to the other guys you mentioned. Im not even convinced Ward is the best CB prospect. If you're going to take him at 8, you might as well drop down and take Oliver. And I'd rather have a pass rusher far more than an ILB or CB. If the DT can get pressure up the middle on passing plays, that would also be ok. Vea did a lot of two gapping from what I'e seen so it's hard to know. Until I see otherwise, Hurst might be better in this regard.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-19-2018, 04:28 PM
At this point, I haven't seen many disagree with Ward as the consensus#1 CB. Obviously we won't really know for 3-5 years and perhaps the gap between he and the next guy may be miniscule...but he's expected to be the guy.

That said...Nelson, Smith and Vea are who I'd prefer at 8.

Hawgdriver
04-19-2018, 06:00 PM
I'd be thrilled with Ward. I like the kid and he balls. Beef needs to update his mock so we draft him.

(after the top 3 talents)

Cugel
04-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Sam Darnold falling to #5 feels like the best case scenario.

Elway probably feels the same, but it's scarcely more likely than you getting a hot date with Rihanna.

Simple Jaded
04-21-2018, 04:59 AM
Elway probably feels the same, but it's scarcely more likely than you getting a hot date with Rihanna.

You realize that Darnold is a QB right, the same position as your crush CK? And as your sources have pointed out several times there’s no way Elway drafts a QB at 5, even if it’s The Next John Elway.

elsid13
04-21-2018, 07:36 AM
That we draft Josh Allen to fit into our new Head Coach Matt LaFleur system next season. LaFleaur is Mike/Kyle/Kubes/McVay guy and his system structured to fit what Allen does best.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2018, 09:38 AM
Best case? Seeing as how everyone (except a few of us) know CK isn’t the long term answer, we draft our QBOTF and make the right choice, no matter who it is. QB is the most important position on the team.

2nd best case, no matter who else we draft outside of QB, that he winds up as a great, talented pro. I’m not gonna name names because that just raises too many arguments.

TXBRONC
04-21-2018, 11:28 AM
Best case? Seeing as how everyone (except a few of us) know CK isn’t the long term answer, we draft our QBOTF and make the right choice, no matter who it is. QB is the most important position on the team.

2nd best case, no matter who else we draft outside of QB, that he winds up as a great, talented pro. I’m not gonna name names because that just raises too many arguments.

The right quarterback may not be there. At this point, the likelihood that at least one of the four top quarterbacks being there when Denver picks relatively high. But is it the guy that Denver likes the best there at five? :whoknows:

Your second point resonates with me, and it actually might be the best case in the long run.

Cugel
04-21-2018, 11:45 AM
The right quarterback may not be there. At this point, the likelihood that at least one of the four top quarterbacks being there when Denver picks relatively high. But is it the guy that Denver likes the best there at five? :whoknows:

Your second point resonates with me, and it actually might be the best case in the long run.

That would be true if Elway loves Darnold and Allen. Mayfield could be there and Rosen probably will be.

So, we'll see if Elway loves Mayfield as much as DMac insists. I dislike DMac and think he's wrong.

dogfish
04-21-2018, 10:14 PM
That we draft Josh Allen

this is the best case thread, sid. . . worst case thread is over thataway ---->

:welcome:

i'll go with trade back to seven or eight, still get nelson, and add some valuable picks. . .

Simple Jaded
04-21-2018, 11:47 PM

i'll go with trade back to seven or eight, still get nelson, and add some valuable picks. . .
The dots connect really well with Bears and Nelson so I think 5th-6th overall is the right spot.

elsid13
04-22-2018, 06:39 AM

Dog,

I know where lot of people stand in Allen, but I seen a couple plays from him that tell me he can play in NFL and be successful. Include a play at the senior bowl practice where he showed amazing movement in the pocket with free blitzer on him that is play a NFL QB has to make. He has to learn and needs to be Shanahan WCO system offense (reads pre determined by formation) but you could looking at young Farve. If you put him (Allen) into McDaniels system offense where he need to make adjustment at the line he going to fail. But then I am sucker for running the ball, play action and good TE play.