PDA

View Full Version : Peter King gives us some "inside information" on the Broncos draft plans

Cugel
04-17-2018, 09:23 AM
While I rather doubt that Peter King has any "inside information" about the Broncos draft plans, his article is worth a look.

Peter King gives us some inside information on the Broncos draft plans. (https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/4/16/17241968/peter-king-gives-us-some-inside-information-on-the-broncos-draft-plans)

Here is what King had to say about what Broncos General Manager/President of Football Operations John Elway is thinking or planning on doing during the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

DENVER, PICKING FIFTH (OR TRADING)

I’m told a few things about GM John Elway’s draft-night preference:

1. He’s very unlikely to trade up.

2. He doesn’t think Bradley Chubb will be available here (nor do I), but he also views Quenton Nelson as a long-time great guard who could anchor his offensive line for years.

3. He hasn’t given up on Paxton Lynch, and though there’s a quarterback he likes a lot here (my guess is Mayfield or Darnold), having Case Keenum in the house for two years makes the drafting of a quarterback in this draft a lower priority. And if Elway picks one, Lynch would be the Rocky Mountain version of Christian Hackenberg—living on borrowed time.

4. Per Albert Breer, the Broncos are also smitten with two other ideas: trading down, or replacing Aqib Talib with Ohio State star cornerback Denzel Ward.​

If you credit this stuff, then you would believe that Elway like Chubb #1, but doesn't think he'll be there, is unlikely to want to pay the price to trade up in the draft and grab a QB, and might take Baker Mayfield if he's there at #5.

The fact that he still is stubbornly holding onto Paxton Lynch would probably mean that he's not drafting a QB in the top 5 because then Lynch would be "living on borrowed time." But, this observation will meet massive resistance from Broncos fans (like me) who want Lynch gone yesterday.

Thoughts?

slim
04-17-2018, 09:24 AM
I think Chaz is fully on board with #4.

Buff
04-17-2018, 09:48 AM
The thing I think is the newest piece of info here is that he believes Chubb will be off the board - seeming more and more likely that he goes to NYG at #2.

I think Chubb and Barkley are almost sure to go at #2 and #4 respectively... The Browns will take whichever guy the Giants pass on.

That means we will have our choice of Nelson, 2 QBs, the DB from Ohio State, and maybe some darkhorse linebacker? Rosen seems to be the guy most likely to fall to us as most of the speculation for the Browns is around Darnold/Allen and for the Jets it's Mayfield/Allen/Darnold... I kind of don't see us taking Rosen here, but what do I know?

Slick
04-17-2018, 09:51 AM
If Rosen is there at 5 and they pass on him they are effing dumbasses.

Rick
04-17-2018, 09:53 AM
I agree.

I would prefer a guy like Barkley or possibly the guard but I think if Rosen somehow falls then we should swing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Peter King’s “Inside” info on the Broncos the last 5 years wouldn’t even count in the game of horseshoes. It’s hard for me to take this seriously, nor is it any more informative than the “throw something at the wall” predictions I’ve seen here.

chazoe60
04-17-2018, 10:20 AM
I think Chaz is fully on board with #4.

**** yeah man.

TXBRONC
04-17-2018, 11:52 AM
If Rosen is there at 5 and they pass on him they are effing dumbasses.

If Rosen isn't one of quarterbacks Elway likes why would it make him a dumb ass? All of the top prospects at quarterback in this draft have red flags that includes Rosen who is arguably the most pro ready.

Rick
04-17-2018, 11:54 AM
My inside source says we will be taking a guy at 5, moving up or moving back. Book it.

chazoe60
04-17-2018, 11:57 AM
My inside source says we will be taking a guy at 5, moving up or moving back. Book it.

Your inside source is never wrong.

TXBRONC
04-17-2018, 12:26 PM
While I rather doubt that Peter King has any "inside information" about the Broncos draft plans, his article is worth a look.

Peter King gives us some inside information on the Broncos draft plans. (https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/4/16/17241968/peter-king-gives-us-some-inside-information-on-the-broncos-draft-plans)

If you credit this stuff, then you would believe that Elway like Chubb #1, but doesn't think he'll be there, is unlikely to want to pay the price to trade up in the draft and grab a QB, and might take Baker Mayfield if he's there at #5.

The fact that he still is stubbornly holding onto Paxton Lynch would probably mean that he's not drafting a QB in the top 5 because then Lynch would be "living on borrowed time." But, this observation will meet massive resistance from Broncos fans (like me) who want Lynch gone yesterday.

Thoughts?

My thought, I don't much stalk in what Peter King has to say about the Broncos. King's comment about Elway still believing in Lynch but at the same time he would take a quarterback if his (Elway's) guy is there. Assuming King means the 5th overall pick then Elway doesn't have much confidence if any in Lynch.

I think Denzel Ward would be a terrific pick and like Nelson, and Barkley he could be contributing right away. I wasn't to hot on the idea of trading down but I've warmed up to it.

TXBRONC
04-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Your inside source is never wrong.

Rick is smart, kind of like Einstein. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's a proctologist.

Rick
04-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Rick is smart, kind of like Einstein. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's proctologist.

I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express where I may or may not have performed an act of proctology.

tomjonesrocks
04-17-2018, 08:24 PM
I feel the same way every year at this point - I just want the draft over and the C+ to C- grades in from the publications/prognosticators in. Just pull the band-aid off and get it over with!

Cugel
04-19-2018, 02:03 AM
Broncos insider Troy Renck states he doesn't get any interest in Quenton Nelson at #5 and that the Broncos don't like Rosen for whatever reason.

From what little I know of college football, I would take Rosen at #5, but it appears some teams have doubts about him. Those doubts would have to be off-field stuff because the on-field was pretty good. Accurate arm, analytic mind, what's not to like? Attitude?

If the Jets take Mayfield at #3 then the incentive for the Browns to trade back out of #4 grows strong, especially if they take Darnold #1 and Chubb is off the board at #2. The Cardinals, Dolphins and Bills are all potential trade partners.

Cugel
04-19-2018, 02:04 AM
Broncos insider Troy Renck states he doesn't get any interest from Broncos sources in Quenton Nelson at #5 and that the Broncos don't like Rosen for whatever reason.

From what little I know of college football, I would take Rosen at #5, but it appears some teams have doubts about him. Those doubts would have to be off-field stuff because the on-field was pretty good. Accurate arm, analytic mind, what's not to like? Attitude?

If the Jets take Mayfield at #3 then the incentive for the Browns to trade back out of #4 grows strong, especially if they take Darnold #1 and Chubb is off the board at #2. The Cardinals, Dolphins and Bills are all potential trade partners.

At that point, all the QBs except Rosen would be gone, as well as Chubb, but Barkley would be there for Denver.

topscribe
04-19-2018, 02:21 AM
If Rosen isn't one of quarterbacks Elway likes why would it make him dumb ass? All of the top prospects at quarterback in this draft have red flags that includes Rosen who is arguably the most pro ready.
Because some of these guys know better than Elway . . .

7alpha30
04-19-2018, 06:15 AM
Broncos insider Troy Renck states he doesn't get any interest from Broncos sources in Quenton Nelson at #5 and that the Broncos don't like Rosen for whatever reason.

At that point, all the QBs except Rosen would be gone, as well as Chubb, but Barkley would be there for Denver.

Rosen has injury concerns and he's also not exactly great at avoiding defenders. Many teams are worried about injuries.

OrangeHoof
04-19-2018, 06:49 AM
Rosen has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure. We already have Lynch who has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure.

Just keep in mind this is disinformation season so even the local reporters often report the bs they get from their team's top brass to keep other teams from knowing who they really want.

I personally would be disappointed in a trade up because I don't see anyone worth the cost of trading up. Staying put and taking Nelson, Barkley, Ward or whomever is fine as long as they aren't reaching for somebody that's still projected to be there at #20. I'm fine with trading down, either for the Bills pair of #1s or a short trade down where we add a second. Miami at #11 makes the most sense but they don't have much in the way of trade pieces. The teams 6-10 don't appear to be needy of a quarterback.

Elway has thrown misdirections in past drafts so he's very capable of doing this again. That they've been so quiet about Nelson makes me think he's been their guy all along.

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 08:13 AM

It's not that Rosen has had run ins with the law it's that there questions about his coachablility and is he kind of guy who teammates rally behind. He obviously has the talent to play the position but if he's difficult to coach his teammate don't buy into him as leader that's a recipe for disaster.

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 08:15 AM
Rosen has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure. We already have Lynch who has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure.

Just keep in mind this is disinformation season so even the local reporters often report the bs they get from their team's top brass to keep other teams from knowing who they really want.

I personally would be disappointed in a trade up because I don't see anyone worth the cost of trading up. Staying put and taking Nelson, Barkley, Ward or whomever is fine as long as they aren't reaching for somebody that's still projected to be there at #20. I'm fine with trading down, either for the Bills pair of #1s or a short trade down where we add a second. Miami at #11 makes the most sense but they don't have much in the way of trade pieces. The teams 6-10 don't appear to be needy of a quarterback.

Elway has thrown misdirections in past drafts so he's very capable of doing this again. That they've been so quiet about Nelson makes me think he's been their guy all along.

I'm even ok with moving down especially if they can come away with a treasure trove of picks. Nelson may very well be the guy but I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that goal is to trade out of fifth pick. What Miami doesn't have to off this year they could what they have next season. It would hurt to already start collecting chess pieces for the 2019 draft.

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 08:32 AM
Because some of these guys know better than Elway . . .

It's interesting, some of same people from what I remember didn't like Cutler at least in part because his personality, but similar things are being said of Rosen. If they didn't Cutler in part because of personality why would like Rosen any better? :ponder:

topscribe
04-19-2018, 10:02 AM
It's interesting, some of same people from what I remember didn't like Cutler at least in part because his personality, but similar things are being said of Rosen. If they didn't Cutler in part because of personality why would like Rosen any better? :ponder:
That is likely the reason for the reports that the Broncos FO isn't overly interested in Rosen.

underrated29
04-19-2018, 10:39 AM
Cutler and Rosen are nothing alike in personality. I guess one could argue that they both share the same thing about not being that huge vocal leader rah rah guy like Tebow was, but aside from that they arent very similar at all.

topscribe
04-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Cutler and Rosen are nothing alike in personality. I guess one could argue that they both share the same thing about not being that huge vocal leader rah rah guy like Tebow was, but aside from that they arent very similar at all.
Before those in the Broncos FO invest that rare #5 on one, they have studied them, talked
to their families, friends, coaches, players, team employees, and maybe even the janitors.
Trust me, they know these guys like the backs of their respective hands. I doubt that they
have Cutler in mind when they judge a player such as Rosen, but more than one team seems
somewhat skittish about taking Rosen. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide down a ways
in the first round.

Poet
04-19-2018, 10:59 AM
On the very off chance that we take Rosen, I am probably going to get too hype. But, since we are definitely taking Nelson, I'm trying to warm up to the idea.

OrangeHoof
04-19-2018, 11:05 AM
That is likely the reason for the reports that the Broncos FO isn't overly interested in Rosen.

Rosen was brought in for a personal visit (so was Mayfield and I'm sure they have studied Allen thoroughly and probably know him already from his years at UW). That doesn't mean they like him or dislike him. Just means they are doing their due diligence. Don't forget also that Denver coached one of the Senior Bowl teams so if you want a sneak peak at some of their lower-round choices, study the Senior Bowl rosters.

Poet
04-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Rosen was brought in for a personal visit (so was Mayfield and I'm sure they have studied Allen thoroughly and probably know him already from his years at UW). That doesn't mean they like him or dislike him. Just means they are doing their due diligence. Don't forget also that Denver coached one of the Senior Bowl teams so if you want a sneak peak at some of their lower-round choices, study the Senior Bowl rosters.

Do you know, off the top of your head, how many senior bowl players we take each year? That's a good point.

underrated29
04-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Before those in the Broncos FO invest that rare #5 on one, they have studied them, talked
to their families, friends, coaches, players, team employees, and maybe even the janitors.
Trust me, they know these guys like the backs of their respective hands. I doubt that they
have Cutler in mind when they judge a player such as Rosen, but more than one team seems
somewhat skittish about taking Rosen. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide down a ways
in the first round.

Not saying you are wrong topper but to me I find it funny how different everyone is on the QBs. I think Darnold is the worst of the bunch aside from Josh allen, whom I consider a 2nd rd prospect. Many people LOVE Darnold and I would take Baker or Rosen ahead of him in an instant. Darnold has bad mechanics, makes bad decisions with the ball. Love his ability no doubt, I just do not see him as being anywhere near as good as mayfield or Rosen. If anyone should fall I would guess it is him. But the other teams like him best so they, on a slight chance, know- just a teeeny weeny big more than I. But its close. It is not like they are paid to know these guys or anything.

Davii
04-19-2018, 11:30 AM

His college coaches said the are coachability issues. I see that as possibly problematic, especially given our poor coaching recently.

underrated29
04-19-2018, 11:36 AM
His college coaches said the are coachability issues. I see that as possibly problematic, especially given our poor coaching recently.

Did they? People keep saying this but never post the whole thing. His college coaches said he is a great player and needs to be challenged. Same thing they said about david carr this year. Mora had nothing but praise for him. I have not seen anything from a coach or player saying he has coach ability issues or was disliked or a problem.

slim
04-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Did they? People keep saying this but never post the whole thing. His college coaches said he is a great player and needs to be challenged. Same thing they said about david carr this year. Mora had nothing but praise for him. I have not seen anything from a coach or player saying he has coach ability issues or was disliked or a problem.

You should understand things better.

topscribe
04-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Not saying you are wrong topper but to me I find it funny how different everyone is on the QBs. I think Darnold is the worst of the bunch aside from Josh allen, whom I consider a 2nd rd prospect. Many people LOVE Darnold and I would take Baker or Rosen ahead of him in an instant. Darnold has bad mechanics, makes bad decisions with the ball. Love his ability no doubt, I just do not see him as being anywhere near as good as mayfield or Rosen. If anyone should fall I would guess it is him. But the other teams like him best so they, on a slight chance, know- just a teeeny weeny big more than I. But its close. It is not like they are paid to know these guys or anything.
I really don't know enough to have a personal opinion on any of the QBs. Just mainly
reporting what I have read and heard. I personally would like Chubb, or trade back if he's
gone. But I say that as one only with outside information. In the end, all we can do is hope
they get it right because there's nothing we will be able to do but watch.

Davii
04-19-2018, 01:12 PM

He said he's a millenial that needs to be challenged so he doesn't get bored and that the Browns should take Darnold first.

He also said Rosen is a great player, will be a great player, etc. What does it all mean? Who knows. Maybe he was taken out of context, maybe he didn't mean it as it sounds maybe he's trying to protect him from Cleveland.

I guarantee John has spoken with Mora personally and has a MUCH better idea what he meant than anyone here does.

If he picks him, great, that means John's questions were answered. If not, well, I guess they weren't. Neither way makes John infallible. Guess we'll see.

I've said and I'll say again, I'm on board with Rosen.

underrated29
04-19-2018, 03:16 PM
He said he's a millenial that needs to be challenged so he doesn't get bored and that the Browns should take Darnold first.

He also said Rosen is a great player, will be a great player, etc. What does it all mean? Who knows. Maybe he was taken out of context, maybe he didn't mean it as it sounds maybe he's trying to protect him from Cleveland.

I guarantee John has spoken with Mora personally and has a MUCH better idea what he meant than anyone here does.

If he picks him, great, that means John's questions were answered. If not, well, I guess they weren't. Neither way makes John infallible. Guess we'll see.

I've said and I'll say again, I'm on board with Rosen.

I do not think we take Rosen. I do not think we take a QB at all. I think they will give Mayfield a good consideration should he fall to 5 but I doubt he does. My money says a trade back for sure!

broncofaninfla
04-19-2018, 04:27 PM
If I've learned one thing about this time of year its you can't believe anything you read or hear about any NFL team. It's all smoke and mirrors, there's power in keeping other teams guessing. For me Mayfield is a wild card at the 5 spot. If somehow he falls to 5 (I doubt he will after watching him practice for a week for the senior bowl) I think there are several teams that are going to try and trade up and get him. Denver could make out like bandits if a team like Buffalo decides they'll trade their two 1's and a second rounder for that 5 spot. Regardless it's going to be a very entertaining draft this year, I'm ready to see how this thing will play out.

BigDaddyBronco
04-19-2018, 04:49 PM

Jim Mora said he would take Darnold before Rosen. What coach has ever said that about their QB. True, he was fired from UCLA, but still to take that potshot, one or maybe both of them are dicks.

Poet
04-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Jim Mora said he would take Darnold before Rosen. What coach has ever said that about their QB. True, he was fired from UCLA, but still to take that potshot, one or maybe both of them are dicks.

He also said that it was because of whom was picking where. The entire interview was a ******* disaster. His teammates seemed to really like the guy.

BigDaddyBronco
04-19-2018, 05:09 PM
He also said that it was because of whom was picking where. The entire interview was a ******* disaster. His teammates seemed to really like the guy.

If he turned out like Cutler I would hate him so much. I don't even want them to take the chance. He is accurate as hell though, if he can keep from getting broken in half he'll probably be decent (if he actually gives a shit).

BroncoJoe
04-19-2018, 05:11 PM
If he turned out like Cutler I would hate him so much. I don't even want them to take the chance. He is accurate as hell though, if he can keep from getting broken in half he'll probably be decent (if he actually gives a shit).

I wonder what 9'er thinks of Rosen.

Remember how much he HATED Cutler? I called him after we selected Cutler. He couldn't even talk.

Poet
04-19-2018, 05:14 PM

He weights 220 pounds, he's going to be fine. If he has to gain some weight, that's not an issue, either. Rosen represents a cerebral, accurate, and aggressive QB. If he can play people will follow him. Aaron Rodgers is one of the biggest ******** in the game. So is Tom Brady - if you can back it up you're going to be fine. Winning cures just about everything - and because his teammates did like him, and because he is an aggressive guy on the field with a ton of talent, he's well worth the pick, IMO.

Cugel
04-19-2018, 06:40 PM
It's not that Rosen has had run ins with the law it's that there questions about his coachablility and is he kind of guy who teammates rally behind. He obviously has the talent to play the position but if he's difficult to coach his teammate don't buy into him as leader that's a recipe for disaster.

Oh, I've heard the injury and character concerns. I didn't watch a lot of college football, so I don't have strong opinions about any of these guys.

I just reported what Troy Renck said after talking to Broncos insiders (not Elway obviously). There seem to be multiple reports that Rosen is falling out of the top 5.

Clearly nobody really knows at this point, but one QB was bound to fall. The scrutiny these guys get put under is enormous. One little flaw gets magnified tremendously when you're talking about the top 5 picks.

It's easy to draft an All-Pro player at #5, in fact it's expected. You should get a Patrick Peterson, if not a Von Miller at that spot.

Elway just better make sure he doesn't draft another Mark Sanchez (#5) at that spot!

Cugel
04-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

To be honest, he said "he's a millennial" and that as long as he's challenged enough to be interested, "he'll be alright." Then he said that if he were the GM for the Browns he would take Darnold (for reasons that make little sense BTW).

Then he tried repeatedly to walk back the interview without actually repudiating anything he said, or stating that he was misunderstood. It was a total cluster bomb, leaving reporters wondering if the guy blames Rosen for losing his job.

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 09:11 PM

Do you know Rosen personally? If you don't how would know more than his one head coach?

Simple Jaded
04-19-2018, 09:19 PM

Thoughts?

First thought, who gives a **** what you want done with PL?

You gonna rent a billboard?

Simple Jaded
04-19-2018, 09:21 PM
Do you know Rosen personally? If you don't how would know more than his one head coach?

His HC compared him to Cutler? I must’ve missed that.

topscribe
04-19-2018, 09:24 PM
First thought, who gives a **** what you want done with PL?

You gonna rent a billboard?
Personally, I think Elway really does want to try to develop Paxton who has started all of four games.

I'm sure Elway remembers his first year. It wasn't pretty . . .

Simple Jaded
04-19-2018, 09:29 PM
Personally, I think Elway really does want to try to develop Paxton who has started all of four games.

Good, I hope so. Rosen, Allen, Mike White and PL, in that order. Worst case scenario is they end up with CK.

My issue with the OP was how arrogant Cugel is about PL, he literally reminds me of Tebowites these days. Like he has any tangible influence on what they do at QB, he’s one of the biggest Tebowmania critics and has since turned himself into an un-manned fire hose of hypocrisy.

Poet
04-19-2018, 09:29 PM

Lynch's development is never going to come. He never got to actually develop because he had to eat bench behind TS. Now, we signed CK, who is the starter for this year. Three seasons on the bench. No QB worth a damn in recent history sans Rodgers sat that long. And to be fair to Kubiak, Lynch has reportedly been lazy, didn't know the playbook, and has looked incredibly horrible when he's been on the field. Last year when it was obvious the team wasn't a contender Lynch should have been handed the job and been allowed to grow, and we ended up with that shitshow anyway.

In a way I feel for the guy in that when he got hurt he was in tears, and not out of physical pain. But he's never even flashed ability, or looked good for any consistent amount of time. At this point I don't think Lynch will ever get developed - two season on the bench is almost unheard of for a high draft pick.

FWIW, this isn't me trying to correct you, or anything like that. It's just me being frustrated that we spent so much time developing TS, the penultimate QB failure on the roster.

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 09:31 PM
His HC compared him to Cutler? I must’ve missed that.

I'm not saying that Mora said that.

underrated29
04-19-2018, 09:38 PM

He weights 220 pounds, he's going to be fine. If he has to gain some weight, that's not an issue, either. Rosen represents a cerebral, accurate, and aggressive QB. If he can play people will follow him. Aaron Rodgers is one of the biggest ******** in the game. So is Tom Brady - if you can back it up you're going to be fine. Winning cures just about everything - and because his teammates did like him, and because he is an aggressive guy on the field with a ton of talent, he's well worth the pick, IMO.

King summed it up pretty nicely.

I don’t? Do you?
As I never heard his coach say anything like that. Nothing even close. If you do, or you have heard this please share! If not, you know nothing more than the rest of us. (Which is Rosen has never been disliked by coaches or teammates)
^^^^ which is the opposite of cutler.

Simple Jaded
04-19-2018, 09:42 PM

I'm not saying that Mora said that.

U29 was saying Rosen and Cutler were nothing like each other, your response directly refuted what U29 said.

topscribe
04-19-2018, 09:43 PM
Lynch's development is never going to come. He never got to actually develop because he had to eat bench behind TS. Now, we signed CK, who is the starter for this year. Three seasons on the bench. No QB worth a damn in recent history sans Rodgers sat that long. And to be fair to Kubiak, Lynch has reportedly been lazy, didn't know the playbook, and has looked incredibly horrible when he's been on the field. Last year when it was obvious the team wasn't a contender Lynch should have been handed the job and been allowed to grow, and we ended up with that shitshow anyway.

In a way I feel for the guy in that when he got hurt he was in tears, and not out of physical pain. But he's never even flashed ability, or looked good for any consistent amount of time. At this point I don't think Lynch will ever get developed - two season on the bench is almost unheard of for a high draft pick.

FWIW, this isn't me trying to correct you, or anything like that. It's just me being frustrated that we spent so much time developing TS, the penultimate QB failure on the roster.
I suggest you take that up with Elway. He's the one who said he would like to continue developing Lynch . . .

Simple Jaded
04-19-2018, 09:45 PM
I hope they draft Rosen so I can whine about how doom and gloom the rest of you are all the time.

Simple Jaded
04-19-2018, 09:46 PM

This is why I smack you.

Poet
04-19-2018, 09:48 PM
I suggest you take that up with Elway. He's the one who said he would like to continue developing Lynch . . .

You're my Elway.

topscribe
04-19-2018, 09:52 PM
You're my Elway.
I'm not going to pay you for that, if that's what you're thinking . . .

Poet
04-19-2018, 09:55 PM
I'm not going to pay you for that, if that's what you're thinking . . .

You're mean. :lol:

TXBRONC
04-20-2018, 07:10 AM
King summed it up pretty nicely.

I don’t? Do you?
As I never heard his coach say anything like that. Nothing even close. If you do, or you have heard this please share! If not, you know nothing more than the rest of us. (Which is Rosen has never been disliked by coaches or teammates)
^^^^ which is the opposite of cutler.

Well then you didn't listen very carefully to what Mora said.

underrated29
04-20-2018, 09:05 AM
Well then you didn't listen very carefully to what Mora said.

Apparently none of us did as you are the only person I’ve heard to make that statement. Why don’t you post it so the rest of us may understand.

TXBRONC
04-21-2018, 08:45 AM
U29 was saying Rosen and Cutler were nothing like each other, your response directly refuted what U29 said.

Where in there did I say his coach said he's like Cutler? Mora made it clear that were issues with Rosen that have to do with his personality.That was my point. Mora said Rosen has a lot of talent but he also has a lot of "other interests." He said if a team can get Rosen to focus on football then they we'll have great player. That seems to be something Under missed. As I have said before I will support whomever Denver picks.

TXBRONC
04-21-2018, 08:48 AM
Apparently none of us did as you are the only person I’ve heard to make that statement. Why don’t you post it so the rest of us may understand.

No need too, I said nothing that others haven't said.

Jsteve01
04-21-2018, 11:32 AM

I'm not a Rosen fan at all, but I can tell you that is not what he said. He said schematically that Donald would be a better fit for the Browns. He did not at all say that darnold was the better quarterback of the two. He said they were both great. I listened to an interview on The Dan Patrick Show a few days after the original interview came out and he said that the media had completely misrepresented what he had said.

Cugel
04-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Lynch's development is never going to come.

You might as well stop right there.

Poet
04-21-2018, 01:21 PM
You might as well stop right there.

Stop drop and roll!

Northman
04-21-2018, 01:30 PM

My fear is we are going to get with Lynch with what happened with Oz and have him sit for 3-4 years, then the starter goes down and Lynch comes in to guide a stacked team to the playoffs only to be in a contract year and then Denver is forced to either pay him a lot of money for a handful of games or let him walk. I dont want to get in that predicament. I would of much rathered just let Lynch either play or get rid of him.

Poet
04-21-2018, 01:32 PM
My fear is we are going to get with Lynch with what happened with Oz and have him sit for 3-4 years, then the starter goes down and Lynch comes in to guide a stacked team to the playoffs only to be in a contract year and then Denver is forced to either pay him a lot of money for a handful of games or let him walk. I dont want to get in that predicament. I would of much rathered just let Lynch either play or get rid of him.

I feel you, man. After watching TS be bad in his first season, there was never any point in TS starting when there was a talented (albeit stupid and probably lazy) QB on the bench that you drafted in the first round. It was delusional.