PDA

View Full Version : Bye cj

BeefStew25
04-16-2018, 09:35 AM
My sources said we released CJ Anderson.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Mike Klis
‏Verified account @MikeKlis
3m3 minutes ago

The Broncos have released RB C.J. Anderson. He is coming off 1,007-yard season. He was scheduled to make $4.5 million this year. #9sports

Rick
04-16-2018, 09:39 AM
Hard to imagine they could get NOTHING for him.

Probably a case though that everyone knew he would be cut.

Miami for example is probably the absolute most likely to sign him from mutual interest so why should the give up a pick.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Well this isn't good. We have no other proven back! Our offense is already anemic. I was on board with moving CJ as long as Barkley was our target. Now, we better trade up bc Booker as our featured back isn't going to cut it.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 09:43 AM
My sources said we released CJ Anderson.

Beef, I am impressed. Is this your first breaking news thread? Although you didn't post links you still tried. A for effort.

BeefStew25
04-16-2018, 09:45 AM
Beef, I am impressed. Is this your first breaking news thread? Although you didn't post links you still tried. A for effort.

Your user name sucks.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 09:46 AM

Your user name sucks.

Your tall lanky body sucks. You remind me of my 6'4 deer on ice cousin that can't dunk a basketball.

chazoe60
04-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Well this isn't good. We have no other proven back! Our offense is already anemic. I was on board with moving CJ as long as Barkley was our target. Now, we better trade up bc Booker as our featured back isn't going to cut it.

Yeah and we'll probably ignore offense in the draft and pick a CB or something else equally as stupid.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 09:50 AM

Yeah and we'll probably ignore offense in the draft and pick a CB or something else equally as stupid.

Omg...if we do we are so hosed.

BeefStew25
04-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Your tall lanky body sucks. You remind me of my 6'4 deer on ice cousin that can't dunk a basketball.

Lol DenverBronco.

Nomad
04-16-2018, 09:52 AM
Just yesterday there was an article in PFT about CJ playing harder with the rumors of being traded lingering. Looks like he'll be doing it for a new team.

Thanks for being a Bronco, and getting a ring. :salute:

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 09:57 AM

Lol DenverBronco.

Lol Cabbage25

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Lol CarrotSoup25

CoachChaz
04-16-2018, 09:58 AM
Just makes me think a deal is in the works. Otherwise, why wait until now to release him...after big free agency spending is done? Elway is usually good about working with players to give them a choice or advantage. Heard a trade rumor the other day about #5 to the Bears for #8 and Jordan Howard. Not giving credence to it, but makes more sense now.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 09:58 AM
Lol Beefbrisket25

Dapper Dan
04-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Investing in a punter instead of a running game. We know how this season will go.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
25m25 minutes ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mike Garafolo

Denver had tried to trade him to no avail.

BeefStew25
04-16-2018, 10:01 AM
My sources also say we like Booker.

MasterShake
04-16-2018, 10:05 AM
Ah that sucks. He was the offensive MVP the last half of the Super Bowl season (especially the Pats OT game and the Super Bowl itself) but it feels like it was time to move on. Good luck CJ!

VonDoom
04-16-2018, 10:08 AM

I’m sure we’ll draft a RB but I doubt it’ll be Barkley.

I liked CJ more than most. Good guy, and had some great runs in the 2015 playoffs, as well as the classic run in the snow against the Patriots. I wish him well

Nomad
04-16-2018, 10:11 AM
I’m sure we’ll draft a RB but I doubt it’ll be Barkley.

I liked CJ more than most. Good guy, and had some great runs in the 2015 playoffs, as well as the classic run in the snow against the Patriots. I wish him well

Pretty solid draft for running backs, especially if Nelson will be paving the way.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 10:12 AM

Lol TarterSauce25

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2018, 10:14 AM
Mike Klis
4m4 minutes ago

In releasing C.J. Anderson, Broncos GM John Elway did not delegate off the tough work. He told C.J. himself. Shows what organization felt of C.J.'s 5 years here. #classyElwayrespect #9sports

Rick
04-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Investing in a punter instead of a running game. We know how this season will go.

To be fair, our punter is gifted enough to play both.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Jeff Legwold
‏Verified account @Jeff_Legwold
26m26 minutes ago

Wrote last week the deep running back class in this draft had the Broncos interested and because of that their leading rusher in '17 -- C.J. Anderson -- could still find himself elsewhere --

OrangeHoof
04-16-2018, 10:21 AM
Just makes me think a deal is in the works. Otherwise, why wait until now to release him...after big free agency spending is done? Elway is usually good about working with players to give them a choice or advantage. Heard a trade rumor the other day about #5 to the Bears for #8 and Jordan Howard. Not giving credence to it, but makes more sense now.

They can still get Nelson or another top OL at #8 if that happens. Surely won't be getting a top 5 qb (and neither will the Bears).

OrangeHoof
04-16-2018, 10:23 AM

I've heard the same and it puzzles me why. I really haven't seen what was advertised.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2018, 10:25 AM
When Broncos coach Vance Joseph fired running backs coach/assistant head coach Eric Studesville after the season C.J. Anderson also likely lost his most ardent supporter in the building. Anderson also had made no secret he didn't believe Studesville's firing was a good move. Studesville is now run game coordinator with the Miami Dolphins where former Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase is the head coach. The Dolphins did sign Frank Gore earlier this offseason.

Jeff Legwold, ESPN Senior Writer1m ago

BroncoWave
04-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Makes sense. I like CJ, but he just wasn't worth that deal. We can get 1007 yards for much cheaper.

7alpha30
04-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Pretty solid draft for running backs, especially if Nelson will be paving the way.

Great. Cant wait to get another Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman, D. Booker in the 2nd round.

BroncoWave
04-16-2018, 10:35 AM
I'd love to have another Ronnie Hillman. :)

Buff
04-16-2018, 10:46 AM
It's kind of a bummer that we ended up paying him more than we wanted - I wonder if we would have been able to get to a more team friendly deal if Elway wouldn't have put a low round tender on him... I still don't understand why you tender him that low and then match the deal... It seems like we invited the Dolphins to come in and pay him more than we wanted... I think he's still young and productive, so not ideal to just cut him even if he is somewhat expendable.

I think this was CJ's signature play as a Bronco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBCSIgS4MjE

All of that said, I do think Booker turned a corner last year - he is clearly more athletic and I think he can be as productive.

BroncoJoe
04-16-2018, 10:48 AM
All of that said, I do think Booker turned a corner last year - he is clearly more athletic and I think he can be as productive.

I don't get the Booker hate. He runs hard, and just like with any back, they need reps to get into the flow of the game.

I think he'll be just fine along with Henderson and whoever else we might draft.

CoachChaz
04-16-2018, 10:51 AM
I don't get the Booker hate. He runs hard, and just like with any back, they need reps to get into the flow of the game.

I think he'll be just fine along with Henderson and whoever else we might draft.

But...but...he hasn't run for 1500 yards and 12 TD's yet. So, he has to suck...right?

BroncoJoe
04-16-2018, 10:52 AM
But...but...he hasn't run for 1500 yards and 12 TD's yet. So, he has to suck...right?

I've always like this kid. I like CJ too, but just never felt he was all that great. I think Booker can be special.

topscribe
04-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Oh, give it up. Who says they're going to ignore the running game?

topscribe
04-16-2018, 10:59 AM
It's kind of a bummer that we ended up paying him more than we wanted - I wonder if we would have been able to get to a more team friendly deal if Elway wouldn't have put a low round tender on him... I still don't understand why you tender him that low and then match the deal... It seems like we invited the Dolphins to come in and pay him more than we wanted... I think he's still young and productive, so not ideal to just cut him even if he is somewhat expendable.

I think this was CJ's signature play as a Bronco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBCSIgS4MjE

That's the play where I knew we had something in C.J. I think a bunch of us knew then.

topscribe
04-16-2018, 11:03 AM
You know how it is. Try to play with an injury, or don't have a chance to play, and you're a scrub.
I've seen it time and again . . .

BroncoJoe
04-16-2018, 11:09 AM
But now we can look forward to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbbFbNBxFkM

Dapper Dan
04-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Oh, give it up. Who says they're going to ignore the running game?

Give what up? I just started.

Dapper Dan
04-16-2018, 11:13 AM
Who said anything about hating Booker?

BroncoJoe
04-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Who said anything about hating Booker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEbBnQtS_kA

Tned
04-16-2018, 11:16 AM

I'm a little surprised by a cut at this point, when the team doesn't need the cap. That said, since they can roll it over, not only does it save them 4.5 in cash, but that's 4.5 they can use next year.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 11:24 AM

I'm a little surprised by a cut at this point, when the team doesn't need the cap. That said, since they can roll it over, not only does it save them 4.5 in cash, but that's 4.5 they can use next year.

Are we taking zero cap hit?

topscribe
04-16-2018, 11:29 AM
But now we can look forward to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbbFbNBxFkM
Pretty impressive.

I hope we can look forward to less holding by Bolles . . .

VonDoom
04-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Are we taking zero cap hit?

Correct. Nothing else guaranteed on his contract

Dapper Dan
04-16-2018, 11:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEbBnQtS_kA

I like him. He just can't do it alone. I say we bring back Tebow. If that's okay with Major League Baseball.

CoachChaz
04-16-2018, 12:09 PM

Also leaves some space for addition throughout the season. We are at about 15 mil in space after this and a good chunk of that will still have to go to rookies.

Tned
04-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Also leaves some space for addition throughout the season. We are at about 15 mil in space after this and a good chunk of that will still have to go to rookies.

I originally underestimated the rookie number, since the Broncos aren't usually up this high. It was several million higher than I was originally thinking.

topscribe
04-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Also, you never know when the Broncos might run across a FA or trade that may fit at any given time.
This has happened several times, as you know . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

C.J. Anderson: "Excited for my next chapter, wherever that may be" http://www.9news.com/article/sports/cj-anderson-excited-for-my-next-chapter-wherever-that-may-be/73-540020274 … via @9NEWS #9sports

Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

Multiple teams have already called agent Peter Schaffer expressing interest in C.J. Anderson. As John Elway told Anderson this morning: "You're a helluva football player, there’s a lot of interest in you out there. You’ll land on your feet.’’ #9sports

Mike Klis
1h1 hour ago

CJ Anderson on Devontae Booker @dbook23, De'Angelo Henderson @DHenderson31: “I’ve got nothing but respect for Book and De’Angelo and I hope they learned a lot from me. Especially Book, Book has been with me for two years now and he knows how I went about the game.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

CJ Anderson wasn't overly surprised: “It’s a daily loyalty business. For 5 years the Broncos treated me with nothing but utmost respect and were super loyal to me. That daily loyalty has finally ran out. I'm excited for the next chapter in my career, where that may be.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
2h2 hours ago

Talked to C.J. Anderson: “I had a hellvua 5 years. Pro Bowl, won the Super Bowl. Made some game-changing plays. It was a good way to start my career. I want to thank the organization for taking a chance on an undrafted kid. I had fun. I had great teammates.'' #9sports

tomjonesrocks
04-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Is there some advantage of doing this now vs after the draft? Would CJ's contract have been guaranteed by waiting until after?

If Elway thinks we're good with Booker I'm not getting this (I didn't see the 'corner turning' others describe)

G_Money
04-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Is there some advantage of doing this now vs after the draft? Would CJ's contract have been guaranteed by waiting until after?

If Elway thinks we're good with Booker I'm not getting this (I didn't see the 'corner turning' others describe)

Don't believe he has any time sensitive guarantees. It lets CJ hook on with other teams before they address their needs in the draft, and thus is a good thing to do for a player you like. If he's not gonna be here, let him have all the options available to him in order to find another job. As CJ said, it's a daily loyalty business, but there's still a right way and a wrong way to go about severing ties, and other players appreciate when you do it the right way.

tubby
04-16-2018, 03:45 PM
I think this is his signature play......

SQxgY-Kr3BQ

Thanks CJ :salute:

topscribe
04-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Memories . . .

UXWgwjy3lmE

Ziggy
04-16-2018, 03:59 PM
I liked CJ. He was all class, all the time. He was a solid back, nothing special. He had a knack for breaking tackles, and was never a home run threat. He had 6 100 yard games in the last 4 years. A big part of that was the offensive line, but it's time to move on. Booker and DeAngelo both have a higher ceiling. Let's see what they have. No doubt the Broncos will draft a RB or two as well.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Ba bye

chazoe60
04-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Nothing like a terrible offensive team cutting it's most productive player. Can't wait til we draft that CB in round one (to replace the guy we already had) and a RB on round two (again to replace the guy we already had)

Jsteve01
04-16-2018, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=chazoe60;2741924]Nothing like a terrible offensive team cutting it's most productive player. Can't wait til we draft that CB in round one (to replace the guy we already had) and a RB on round two (again to replace the guy we already ) QUOTE]

The whole CJ deal was bad juju man. Blew it with our tender and then overpaid to match. Both his backups have a higher ceiling.

Simple Jaded
04-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Everybody dreamin of a talent like Barkley, Michel, Chubb or Giese might wanna get to know and love a talent like Jaylen Samuels.

Kubiak doesn’t DO talent, he’s more of a What-The-****-Does-He-See-In-This-Guy? guy.

DenBronx
04-16-2018, 07:04 PM
So we can manage to trade Kapri Bibs for a 4th round pick but cant manage to trade CJ for a 6th or 7th?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-16-2018, 07:11 PM
CJ is a slightly above average RB with a few cool highlights that hit us in the feels. There are 8 RBs in this draft I'd rather have. I appreciate what he did for us, but let's not exaggerate who he is.

Simple Jaded
04-16-2018, 07:13 PM
CJ is a slightly above average RB with a few cool highlights that hit us in the feels. There are 8 RBs in this draft I'd rather have. I appreciate what he did for us, but let's not exaggerate who he is.

Plus his nickname should be “Tapout” ... ya know ... because he taps out after a couple plays.

dogfish
04-16-2018, 07:56 PM
man, i sure wish i could see this high ceiling in booker that the rest of you guys do. . . he's only a year younger than CJ (will be 26 in may, CJ just turned 27), and hasn't been close to as productive so far. . . i know our coaches love him, and i cannot figure out why. . . sure, he runs with attitude-- i don't see any extra gears, or special vision. . . i'm far more excited to see what henderson is capable of if he gets a legit look this year. . . IMO, he's the far more promising of the two. . . i think booker's the definition of just a guy. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-16-2018, 08:01 PM
There are 8 RBs in the draft I'd rather have than Booker too.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-16-2018, 08:01 PM
man, i sure wish i could see this high ceiling in booker that the rest of you guys do. . . he's only a year younger than CJ (will be 26 in may, CJ just turned 27), and hasn't been close to as productive so far. . . i know our coaches love him, and i cannot figure out why. . . sure, he runs with attitude-- i don't see any extra gears, or special vision. . . i'm far more excited to see what henderson is capable of if he gets a legit look this year. . . IMO, he's the far more promising of the two. . . i think booker's the definition of just a guy. . .

Yep. Booker is JAG. Not overly fast, mediocre vision, spends just as much time running to where the hole should be vice where it is (into the back of his OL), doesn’t have that little wiggle/jump cut like CJ to make a guy miss in the hole or in the open field, tries to run with power, which is fine, except that he doesn’t really bounce off or punish anyone and goes down on first contact while delivering the hit. Definition of JAG.

7alpha30
04-16-2018, 09:01 PM
Yep. Booker is JAG. Not overly fast, mediocre vision, spends just as much time running to where the hole should be vice where it is (into the back of his OL), doesn’t have that little wiggle/jump cut like CJ to make a guy miss in the hole or in the open field, tries to run with power, which is fine, except that he doesn’t really bounce off or punish anyone and goes down on first contact while delivering the hit. Definition of JAG.

Mediocre vision? Why be so generous?

VonDoom
04-16-2018, 09:29 PM

I liked the pick at the time but besides that one play that he hurdled a guy, I haven’t seen much from him. I don’t see him as a number one guy

NightTerror218
04-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Hate to see him go. He bled orange and blue.

Elway must be making way for Henderson now to get more snaps. But right now we have Booker Henderson and jano under contract in the backfield

Poet
04-16-2018, 09:35 PM
So we can manage to trade Kapri Bibs for a 4th round pick but cant manage to trade CJ for a 6th or 7th?

He had a pretty expensive deal for RB's these days - that's my guess as to why we couldn't get anything for him?

topscribe
04-16-2018, 09:36 PM
I liked the pick at the time but besides that one play that he hurdled a guy, I haven’t seen much from him. I don’t see him as a number one guy
I think they made room for someone from the draft. It's apparently deep in RBs, so they may
have their eyes on someone from there. I really hope they get a thumper who can wear the
defense down.

VonDoom
04-16-2018, 09:38 PM
I think they made room for someone from the draft. It's apparently deep in RBs, so they may
have their eyes on someone from there. I really hope they get a thumper who can wear the
defense down.

We’re definitely drafting a RB somewhere. I’m just guessing Booker goes into TC as the number one back and VJ will talk him up but he’s nothing special

topscribe
04-16-2018, 10:09 PM
We’re definitely drafting a RB somewhere. I’m just guessing Booker goes into TC as the number one back and VJ will talk him up but he’s nothing special
But what if he has good practices?

Simple Jaded
04-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Let’s be honest, they traded Bibbs to Shanahan Jr, they like to waste picks on backup RB’s.

TXBRONC
04-18-2018, 08:17 AM

Den, this draft is deep on running backs. Denver doesn't have draft Barkley to get a good running back.

TXBRONC
04-18-2018, 08:19 AM

Elway must be making way for Henderson now to get more snaps. But right now we have Booker Henderson and jano under contract in the backfield

I think he's making room to draft a running back.

topscribe
04-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Den, this draft is deep on running backs. Denver doesn't have draft Barkley to get a good running back.
There are good RBs and good guards available in the 2nd round on. If Chubb and the QB they
apparently like (whoever that is) are gone, I see them possibly picking up the phone to see
who would like to trade up . . .

TXBRONC
04-19-2018, 10:15 AM
There are good RBs and good guards available in the 2nd round on. If Chubb and the QB they
apparently like (whoever that is) are gone, I see them possibly picking up the phone to see
who would like to trade up . . .

Before they even get to the phone they might have offers.

Simple Jaded
04-19-2018, 11:19 PM

He bled orange and blue but never passed up an opportunity to tell us he’s a Raiders fan.

VonDoom
05-07-2018, 03:50 PM
CJ signed a one year deal with the Panthers

BroncoNut
05-07-2018, 04:09 PM

it's a field position game.

Rick
05-08-2018, 08:37 AM
I am really surprised he didn't go to Miami.

Will be interesting seeing him split caries with McCaffery.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-08-2018, 09:10 AM
I am really surprised he didn't go to Miami.

Will be interesting seeing him split caries with McCaffery.

I think CJ will be a good fit in that offense.

CoachChaz
05-08-2018, 10:03 AM
I think CJ will be a good fit in that offense.

Replaces the tough yardage carries that Stewart gave them and allows them to keep McCaffrey in more of a hybrid role.

turftoad
05-08-2018, 10:18 AM
He couldn't have landed in a better spot. Good for CJ

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Replaces the tough yardage carries that Stewart gave them and allows them to keep McCaffrey in more of a hybrid role.
He’s also an excellent cut back runner with good vision. He’ll find lanes in the zone read.

Rick
05-08-2018, 11:02 AM
CJ is a working class player.

Has never blossomed into a star but he leaves it all on the field, never gives up.

He will do well taking over the power back role in Carolina, just surprised not to see him team up with Gase and Studes.

slim
05-08-2018, 11:40 AM
CJ is a working class player.

Has never blossomed into a star but he leaves it all on the field, never gives up.

You mean except for the 20 times/game he taps out?

Rick
05-08-2018, 12:21 PM
I give you that but I also remember him as one of the only guys on the team still fighting in the Colts game.

dogfish
05-08-2018, 12:23 PM
i hope CJ reminds luke kuechly how he dragged his ass over the goalline to ice SB50. . .

:first: :salute:

Poet
05-08-2018, 12:27 PM
I liked CJ a lot, but it be how it can do.

Rick
05-08-2018, 12:50 PM

I have no idea what you just said but here is a high 5.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Yeah

BroncoJoe
05-08-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm indifferent toward CJ. He was, just OK. Nothing great, nothing bad.

Easily replaceable. I wish him well.

slim
05-08-2018, 05:11 PM
I'm indifferent toward CJ. He was, just OK. Nothing great, nothing bad.

Easily replaceable. I wish him well.

He seems like a nice guy and he was a decent player. Probably our best offensive player in SB 50.

LawDog
05-08-2018, 06:06 PM
My only real complaint was that he wore that camouflage hoodie every day of practice for three straight years. Like he was Linus or something.

ShaneFalco
05-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Only 1.7 mil for Anderson.

sigh.

https://usatbroncoswire.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/giphy.gif?w=1000

ShaneFalco
05-08-2018, 09:35 PM

no kidding.

Simple Jaded
05-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Only 1.7 mil for Anderson.

sigh.

https://usatbroncoswire.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/giphy.gif?w=1000

That play was called back on a penalty, good thing they fixed the OL.

Simple Jaded
05-08-2018, 10:12 PM
I have no idea what you just said but here is a high 5.

fXSLcYQHqFQ

JPPT1974
05-09-2018, 01:41 AM
Good luck to C.J. Hope he can find a team that need his services.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Good luck to C.J. Hope he can find a team that need his services.

:confused: :listen: Check out post #80.